Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 2xtr99 SVT WIDEBODY - 03/29/03 01:21 PM
SORRY IT HAS BEEN SO LONG SINCE MY LAST POST ABOUT THE KIT BUT I WILL HAVE PICS UP BY TOMORROW OF THE FRONT DONE THE BACK SHOULD BE DONE IN ONE OR TWO WEEKS!!!! I'M STILL SHOOTING TO BRING THE CAR OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME AT ALL FORD NATIONALS IN CARLISLE. BUT WE WILL SEE HOW FAST IT COMES TOGETHER
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/29/03 02:38 PM

Sounds cool can't wait to see.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/29/03 02:54 PM
Sounds good, cant wait for pics
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/29/03 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:

Sounds cool can't wait to see.

LOL THATS [censored] hotttt lololol
Posted By: m!key Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/29/03 05:12 PM
yeah i cant wait to see pics too.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/29/03 08:08 PM
i've got some of them already
Posted By: m!key Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/29/03 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
i've got some of them already

see the wink above?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/29/03 08:52 PM
i'm pretty sure these are the early pics...and since he said the front was finished I guess they are

if u don't want em up just say so and I'll take em down...

Posted By: NITROS_dup1 Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/29/03 09:06 PM
holy body filler batman.

looks like u had to put in alot of hard work. and i really respect that. because i know how long and hard it is to get coming like that done from experance with my custom pre 98 svt kit.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/29/03 10:24 PM
Wow, should be interesting finished
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/29/03 10:26 PM
I thought widebodies stay wide at the bottom though instead of tapering down back to stock width. Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm working off memory
Posted By: 2xtr99 Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/30/03 01:54 PM
SORRY GUYS THE [censored] THAT PUT THOSE PICS UP HAS NO IDEA ABOUT THEM BECAUSE THERE ARE SIDE SKIRTS AND THE BACK IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT BUT THE GUY THAT POSTED THESE GOT THEM FROM A MORON NAMED KYLE GILBERT
Posted By: Swazo Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/30/03 05:07 PM
wow, calm down killer! He said he'd take them down if you wanted. (When I read all CAPS, all I hear in my head while reading is SCREAMING!!!! )

PS, I hope that the pics are of when the wide body flares were being made and not installed! Because if you are blending the fenders in over all that layered tape........... .....you'll have issues to say the least.

-Daymon
Posted By: IonNinja Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/30/03 09:18 PM
so these aren't your pics? I'm confused...

so when I got an e-mail that said '2xtr99's wide body pics' that wasn't you???

ummm uhhhhh
Posted By: 2xtr99 Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/31/03 12:40 AM
no it was not so please take them off. sorry for the bitching but some people are morons. when they are ready to post i will post them my self for any one who knows about making part they should know you have to make the structure first and then make the mold and finally the fiberglass part. So the pics you have up are the very early stages so if any one else gets a post in my name ignore it unless its in a pm thanks
Posted By: m!key Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/31/03 01:12 AM
dude he gave the pics to a lot of people. the list of carbon copies on the pics he sent me was long. i even emailed him back and asked if i could share them with others and he said go right ahead. i would be way pissed if i were you too. :(
Posted By: IonNinja Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/31/03 01:35 AM
groovy...so who is the guy that sent me those pics anyway? and why did he send em to me if nobody was supposed to see?

oh well...I'll take em down now...but u did say tomorrow you'd have pics and well, today is tomorrow (if that makes sense)...so bust out with the pics
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/31/03 04:20 AM
K~~~ I want to see the pics!!! NINGA want to PM them to me... or mail them~ Puckin_around@msn THANKS MAN!
Posted By: widecontour Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/31/03 01:16 PM
True a widebody does stay wide at the bottom. But not in this case. This guy has no clue what he is doing. I will send you info on how to do this your self. There are no molds involved in making a custom fender. You simply structure all body lines wrap with fleece (sweatshirt material and glass it. Then use filler to straighten and smooth out part. This is coming from the moron KYLE GILBERT who came up with the design of XTR's fenders. And it comes down to, you show a guy alittle about fiberglassing and he thinks he knows it all. personally he's been fumbling through this whole project. Why I have pictures? because this person took advantage of using my parents garage at no cost and using it to make money on the side on others peoples cars which he does not finish. And I have to deal with missing and broken tools. Plus leaving a mess and all his garbage behide. Now thats is saying thanks to my family. Anyone who would like alittle knowledge on building your very own kit contact me. It's not as hard as you think....
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: SVT WIDEBODY - 03/31/03 01:24 PM
widecontour, PM me plz.
© CEG Archives