Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTCuervo Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 12:17 AM
Well I've gotten several people asking me to start a Group Buy for the Y-Pipe from Brullen. Brullen has proven that this Y-Pipe will actually decrease the amount of drone from your exhaust and will offer great performance numbers due to the equal length and better flow.Here is the site:

Brullen Y-Pipe

I understand that people will have to get there money together after all the Group Buys that have been going on. So as of now this Group Buy has no end date. I suspect a month or 2 will be needed for all to get involved. I've just talked to Performance Fords(people who work with Brullen) and Alessondro will have all the price and all other information ready soon. Post your interest and questions. If anyone was familiar with the Brullen or Pro-Flow Group Buys then they know how I handle things and all questions will be answered as soon a I can post. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 12:22 AM
This is directly from the Performance Fords Site:
=============================================================
Unfortunately at the time of our prototyping, our project SVT already had a modified y-pipe before testing of our new equal length downpipe was conducted. The modified downpipe had exhibited gains on the bottom end (3-5HP and lb-ft of torque up to 5500rpm) when we first dyno'ed that configuration. The dyno chart shown here shows that our equal length downpipe had additional gains of 4-7 ft-lbs of torque and 2-4 HP along the rev range up to 6000rpm. While we were not able to compare our new equal length downpipe to a stock down pipe, performance gains have been clearly identified.
===============================================================

Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 12:26 AM
I'm definitely interested. Will it fit Non-SVT Duratecs? I have the SVT exhaust on my car right now, but it needed a little modifying done to be fit on, so is it possible that this would fit my car? Also, got any pics?

P.S. I also DEFINITELY need some time to get money for this. I am in the wheel/tire GB right now, and just got done buying a whole new intake system, as well as needing to save for the pre-98 hellahydro kit.
Posted By: Rance Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 01:10 AM
Is this better than the sho-shop y-pipe? Will it be cheaper?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 01:12 AM
Well PF compared the SHO and their equal length and found that the SHO actually added to the drone of the exhaust. The Brullen equal length made the exhaust have less drone. Alessondro will have a price for me soon. Thanks
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 01:15 AM
Oh man , i just ordered my SHO SHOP too .... Well maybe i will sell it ! depending on price and time frame .
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 03:22 AM
interested depending on price!
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 03:43 AM
will it work on my zetec?
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 03:52 AM
Originally posted by slick 95 gl:
will it work on my zetec?

no
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 03:57 AM
The Zetec only pulls exhaust from one side of the motor, while the Duratec spits out on both sides. sorry no Zetecs. Thanks
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 03:59 AM
I'll be the first to say, as much as I like the Brullen cat-back, I'm not too sure I can say the same for the Y-pipe. I saw the picture of it when it was available, it looks really arkward. No offense to Alex and Brullen, but I think an optimized Y-pipe like the one I have would be a better choice. But that's just my opinion.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 04:06 AM
Well the thinkg that makes it different is the equal length. This allows the exhaust to mix insted of just being forced into each other(this causes drone)like the other y-pipes. The equal length allowing the mix of exhaust causes a smoother flow with no drone and improved airflow. I've heard many people talk down to it when they don't realize how much better it is than the others. But everyone has his own oppinion. Thanks
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/26/03 04:48 AM
i think the biggest concern is that cause it raps around the oil pan it would heat up the oil too much. wouldnt header wrap fix that?
Posted By: Rance Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/27/03 06:23 PM
I guess I'll wait to order the sho-shop "y" until this is in full affect. Sound slike a winner.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/27/03 08:36 PM
A little off subject, but wow i didnt know p.f. was making their own turbo kit.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/28/03 04:38 AM
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
A little off subject, but wow i didnt know p.f. was making their own turbo kit.

They been in the works for these for over a year and they have been put behind because of manufactures problems. But yes, Off the subject. Y-Pipe
Posted By: ieffem Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/28/03 05:07 AM
How much? PLEASE.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 03/28/03 12:48 PM
Again, untill next week I won't have a price, because Alex(Performance Fords) is out of town untill the 1st. I'm checking interest now and by next weeek will have all the information. Thanks
Posted By: 99fordsvt Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/01/03 05:39 PM
I'm interested! I just got the MSDS headers. The headers look fine, but the Y-pipe has a nasty kink for the rear cylinders.

Are there any photos of the Brullen Y-pipe? I couldn't locate any on their website.
Posted By: ejstefl Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/01/03 08:07 PM
I might be interested, depending on price. I'm assuming that this will come with a high flow cat and work with the stock SVT exhaust?
Posted By: svtenthusiast Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/01/03 10:52 PM
Your stock downpipe wraps around the oil pan so why should this be an issue? The front section of the ypipe is actually further from the pan than the stock one. You can use wrap to keep heat in the pipe if you really want to, although not necessary.

Originally posted by dubkatz:
i think the biggest concern is that cause it raps around the oil pan it would heat up the oil too much. wouldnt header wrap fix that?

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/02/03 12:50 AM
The price will be worked out soon. This will come with several options including the choice between a high flow cat, and an EXTREME flow cat. This flow way faster than the others and well be available for us. Also the option of the test pipe. Thanks

I'll have prices as soon as we work it all out. thanks
Posted By: Dan Nixon_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/02/03 01:09 AM
Originally posted by 99fordsvt:
I'm interested! I just got the MSDS headers. The headers look fine, but the Y-pipe has a nasty kink for the rear cylinders.

The MSDS Y pipe per Marty deliberately left the stock 180 bend which works to tune the exhaust pulses. It has been shown by dyno (avail on the CTA website) to gain over 4 HP more than a SHO shop style design...so assuming this is what the Brullen was compared to, it should be as good or better power wise. I can also add that it did not increase drone on my car and is definately going to be lighter. Less heat transfer to oil pan given ceramic caotsing as well.

Not knocking this product but I think it would be throwing away money to buy one if you have the MSDS already..
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/02/03 01:32 AM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
This will come with several options including the choice between a high flow cat, and an EXTREME flow cat.

Any more info on the extreme flow cat?
Also any pics of the y pipe?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/02/03 01:55 AM
I dont know the exact numbers, but I believe the Extreme Flow Cat will flow like over 150 more whatevers unit more than the High Flow Cat. When I get the pictures of them then I believe you'll be impressed. All the Y-pipes in this GB will have the ability to go no-cat even if you don't order the straight pipe. I'll have more information later as Me and Alex are still finishing the Cat-Back GB. I'll post all information as soon as possible. Thanks
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/03/03 12:26 AM
Will this peice work with a Bassani cat-back and stock exhaust manifold? I looked and didn't see an answer.

Mike
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/03/03 12:28 AM
Yes, I believe it will work on all aftermarcket Cat-Backs.
Posted By: gabrielito23 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/03/03 05:39 AM
Whats aftermarcket?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/03/03 12:35 PM
Originally posted by gabrielito23:
Whats aftermarcket?

I'm the worlds worst speller so ya'll will have to put up with it . But Alessondro did say this would work with all cat-backs from the stock to the Bosal, Borla, BAssani, Brullen.........

Any more questions just post. We're working on the price right know. Thanks
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/03/03 12:55 PM
Listen people,

I have the sho off road y aluminized, I had serious issues with oil due to the sho aluminum y going around the oil pan. The SHO Y does NOT have a built in heat shield like the stock one, don't know about the PFord's one.

I lost about a quart a week from just heat from the front y which was less than an 1" away from the pan.

solutions: I wrapped it with Dei (I believe) 15oo degree wrap..guess what NO MORE oil issues.

I didn't want to say anything until I KNEW for sure this was the case.

So I unwrapped it again just to check, bigtime oil burning issues..your exhaust will sound twice as loud with less oil in you car, it sucks..

put the wrap back on and VOILA...no oil issues..

Aluminum (don't know about stainless) WILL create oil issues if not wrapped or some type of heat shield is in place.

Eric
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/03/03 01:07 PM
The Brullen Y-Pipe only comes in Stainless Steal. And as stated by Alessondro earlier, the Brullen Y-Pipe is actually further away from the oil pan than stock. thanks
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/03/03 03:53 PM
Stainless Steal??? This is stolen?? JK

One other question, even though this will be further away from the oil pan so that heat isn't as big an issue, is it possible to get it ceramic coated or have a heat shield in place? Also, any chance this will be CARB legal? I couldn't care less persoanlly because I think CARB is FUBAR anyway, just asking.

Mike
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/04/03 12:10 AM
It is possible to wrap the pipe with a heat shield and both Cats passed emission test with flying colors. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/04/03 12:35 AM
I just got off the phone with Alessondro and he has told me that IF you want the pipe ceramice coated, then he can have that done before he ships. Obviously it will be more, but if you want it he is happy to do it. As far as price for the GB Y-pipe, we are still trying to finish the Cat-Back GB and to get maximum price drop, he has to talk everything over with Brullen and he said early next week. Sorry about the wait on the price, but a little longer won't kill us. thanks and post any questions or interest you have. Thanks
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/04/03 04:42 PM
Does anyone know if they have tested the Brullen downpipe and the Brullen exhaust to see how the sound changes from the Stock Y???? I would be interested to hear how it changes the sound of the both the loud and quiet versions. I am still trying to decide on the Cat Back group by since it is open till the 15th now.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/04/03 09:04 PM
Well Alessondro has said, that with the Brullen Cat-Back and the Brullen Y-pipe, that the sound of the exhaust becomes a little deeper. It adds to the already throaty sound of the Brullen Cat-Back. But the awesome thing about this y-pipe is that it eliminates the drone produced by the stock and SHO shop y-pipes. This is due to the equal length. If you have any other questions please ask. Thanks
Posted By: 99fordsvt Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/05/03 05:43 AM
Are there any photos of the Brullen Y-pipe? I couldn't locate any on their website.

I'm still very interested in buying this, but I'd like to see a PHOTO first. Doesn't anyone else want the same?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/05/03 08:07 AM
I'll get Alessondro to snap a few pics of the pipe and I'll get them posted ASAP. Sorry for the wait. Thanks
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/05/03 03:16 PM
My #1 concern is the lack of heat shield like the stock one has. I really don't want to heat the oil up.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/10/03 04:14 AM
Sorry about the wait on information guys but Me and Alessondro are still finishing the Cat-Back Group Buy that was extended so it ran into the full attention of the Y-Pipe GB. We ARE going to do this and its gonna be awesome so just keep in touch and we'll have some good Y-pipes on our hands. Thanks
Posted By: musicnut_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/10/03 12:57 PM
The Brullen y-pipe is no different than the SHO and BAT y-pipes in that none of them have a heat shield. Many people on this board run these pipes without seeming to have heat related oil problems. I am running the MSDS pipe (also without heat shield) but I had my headers and y-pipe coated by Jet Hot because I was concerned about heat. Maybe an option for this GB would be for someone to organize a sub-GB to have some of the pipes ceramic coated. Perhaps someone that is planning to get in on this GB would step forward to organize this part so that SVTCuervo won't feel obligated to take this on also. Just a thought.
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/10/03 01:55 PM
Is there a price for this yet?? Maybe I missed it?
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/10/03 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:
Is there a price for this yet?? Maybe I missed it?

Prices and details will be worked out later this month when the Cat Back GB is finished.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/10/03 07:00 PM
Originally posted by musicnut:
The Brullen y-pipe is no different than the SHO and BAT y-pipes in that none of them have a heat shield. Many people on this board run these pipes without seeming to have heat related oil problems. I am running the MSDS pipe (also without heat shield) but I had my headers and y-pipe coated by Jet Hot because I was concerned about heat. Maybe an option for this GB would be for someone to organize a sub-GB to have some of the pipes ceramic coated. Perhaps someone that is planning to get in on this GB would step forward to organize this part so that SVTCuervo won't feel obligated to take this on also. Just a thought.

Up a few pages....

I just got off the phone with Alessondro and he has told me that IF you want the pipe ceramice coated, then he can have that done before he ships. Obviously it will be more, but if you want it he is happy to do it.

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/10/03 10:24 PM
I'll talk to him about this and see if we can get them coated at a discoutn price as well. That would settle everyones fear about the heat. I'm not prommising anything but it will be no problem for me to do the as well. I'll do it . Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/17/03 11:30 AM
Well I talked to Alessondro yesterday and he told me he'll go and ask the ceramic coater person if he'll do a ceramic coating Group Buy along with the Y-Pipe Group Buy. WEejust closed the Cat-Back GB and we will start to focus full attention here once Brullen gives us a price. Thanks for you patience.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/18/03 03:33 AM
I wonder if the y-pipe fits as well as the exaust does
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/18/03 06:25 AM
Before Alessondro sends a single y-pipe, he is going to test fit it on every possible model to make sure it fits. He'll make sure we get the best fitting pipe to offer. Thanks
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/19/03 05:32 PM
Any news on this yet. I would love one with the Extreme cat.
-Matt
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/19/03 09:18 PM
Brullen is still working on the prices and we have just recently finished the cat-back GB. Sorry to be using this excuse, but all information will be available soon. Thanks
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/21/03 10:46 AM
Dammit Cuervo! Lets get this thing movin' man!!!
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/21/03 03:07 PM
Anyone interested in Jet Hot Ceramic Coating, let me know. I do alot of work with them and have an open account. Email me or visit my Website.
here is a pic of the Sho Shop's Y-Pipe & Cat coated.
Sterling: a highly polished aluminum look

BTW, that is a CAI also in the picture.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/21/03 05:00 PM
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:
Dammit Cuervo! Lets get this thing movin' man!!!

Believe me man I want to. I'm about to give Alessondro a call and see if we can get started. Thanks
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/24/03 01:28 AM
Just checking to see if theres still interest, I know I want one!!
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/24/03 01:59 AM
Yeah there are several here who have interest and Alessondro is trying to get all the pricing done with Brullen and I'll post as soon as I get it. Thanks for the patience
Posted By: Rance Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/25/03 12:39 AM
just waiting on price but Im still interested
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/25/03 01:34 AM
Man you got me excited about prices. I saw there was a new post.
-Matt
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/25/03 06:17 AM
I'm gonna call Alessondro Friday and see what he has for us. I'll keep all of you'll posted. thanks
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/26/03 05:00 PM
I'm interested. Pictures and price when available, please. Thanks in advance for doing the legwork.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/26/03 06:06 PM
Hey guys I'll have the prices to night. Alessondro gave me some of them, but I'm gonna post them all tonight. It has begun.haha. thanks
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/27/03 08:00 PM
So do we have a price yet?
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/28/03 01:13 AM
This is worse than any cawk tease that any stripper has ever given me.
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/28/03 01:29 AM
hahaha just any random stripper..
Posted By: armstrkw Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/28/03 02:16 AM
ya my balls are blue
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/28/03 02:50 AM
Sorry guys but I couldn't call Alessondro today because they are closed. I have some of the prices as stated before, but I'm gonna post them all at the same time. I just couldn't get in touch with him today. I know this sounds like a load of crap, gut I'm realy trying to get this started. Tommorow I should have them all. And from what he's given me Its a pretty good deal. Sorry about the wait.

P.S. This is my 500th Post
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/28/03 12:52 PM
That's cool. I'm just busting your chops.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/28/03 10:46 PM
PRICESS are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the prices. Alessondro called me today and here they are:

Brullen Y-Pipe: $285
Extreme Flow Cat: +$88

This price is $50 off the price the web site price, and these prices could drop if we get enough interest so lets go. I'll have all the technical information on the extreme flow cats as soon as he sends it to me. He told me that the extreme flow cat offers around 30-35% better airflow. He didn't have a price for the test pipe, but I'll get that as soon as possible. Thanks

Post your interest as this will start NOW. Thanks
Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/28/03 10:48 PM
Damn, expensive shizz...is it stainless steel?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/28/03 10:52 PM
All stainless steel. This is the best pipe on the market and if you don't remeber the equal length will eliminate drone and deepen exhaust note. This equal length will also gain you more gains that any other pipe on the market. Also EVERY pipe will come with flanges around the CAT so you can change between Cat and no cat. If you have any other question please ask. Thanks
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/28/03 11:19 PM
I hate to be "that guy" after all you have done for me on the cat-back with brullen... but what if we just want the hi-flow cat?

Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/28/03 11:29 PM
As compared to the SHO shop prices for the same configureation, this system is nearly $70 cheaper than what they sell them for and the don't even flange the cat. And as for the EXTREME flow cat, I'll have to ask if he can sell that separtately or not. Thanks

Post you Interest and we can get this started. Thanks
Posted By: ghodge_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 01:22 AM
I'm interested. Just to clarify things, the extreme catalytic converter is an upgrade to the one that comes with the y-pipe correct? Is the "standard" cat higher flowing than the stock cat? How much is the ceramic coating?
Posted By: TorsenRick Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 01:29 AM
I'm interested... What is the timing for this?
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 01:43 AM
Interested, X 2 !!!!

Mark
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 03:06 AM
Interested...
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 03:18 AM
You guys tell me how long we need and we'll do it. Give me some ideas and I'll run them through Alessondro and We'll do it.
Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 03:58 AM
This is just awful timing, I'm supposed to be getting wheels and tires soon, and I'm waiting on Hella's pre-98 kit, so in the near future, I'm not gonna have any money to spend on anything else. But I want it.
Posted By: chikmagnet340 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 05:04 AM
of course you can count me in! Just as long as i have a month or so to get the $$.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 11:25 AM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340

So guys how long do ya'll need? Only one person has said how long they need. So ya'll want to end this at the end of May? It's up to ya'll, I just need some ideas. Thanks
Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 11:34 AM
I need a while. It'll take me the next few months to save for my wheels and tires and hella's kit (I'm a part-time working student). I'd need at least 4 months or so. Alas, that's probably too long.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 11:54 AM
Originally posted by 97CS:
I need a while. It'll take me the next few months to save for my wheels and tires and hella's kit (I'm a part-time working student). I'd need at least 4 months or so. Alas, that's probably too long.

Sorry man thats just way to long to wait. Thanks
Posted By: TorsenRick Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 01:35 PM
I could probably go at any time, but end of May is better, I just had to have my 323GTX's turbo rebuilt rather unexpectedly...
Posted By: ghodge_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 01:50 PM
End of May works for me. Any prices for ceramic coating?

Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 01:52 PM
I am interested. Need to see pics first both on and off a car.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 02:23 PM
i will be ready once my 0 percent interest credit card comes in,Then the mods will come pouring in!!!!!
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 04:30 PM
Are these available without having to go through a group buy, obviously at a higher price? Just asking in case the time frame on the group buy is too long or short.
Posted By: chikmagnet340 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 04:59 PM
the end of may sounds good to me.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 04/29/03 07:56 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT

It sounds like the end of May is like a good deadline. So We'll set it at that. If anyone needs more time please post or PM me and I'll see what we can do. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Started - 05/02/03 02:51 PM
I'll have the information on the Extreme flow and mabey some pictures soon. Lets get this thing goin!!
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Started - 05/02/03 04:12 PM
I can have them Ceramic Coated for $151 + S&H by Jet Hot.
Sterling Silver (Probably cheaper if More than One is coated)

Benefits of Jet-Hot are:
Heat Reduction - More heat is retained in the exhaust flow and discharged instead of radiating to cylinder head, oil pan, and possibly radiator. Related heat problems are reduced and engine compartment is much cooler.
Power gains - Performance gains up to 3% reported from cooler engine compartments and denser fuel mixtures. Better exhaust scavenging from improved flow.
Corrosion resistance - Jet Hot Ceramic Coatings lasts 14 times longer than chrome and 140 times longer than high temperature paint. When it comes to preventing rust while reducing heat, it has no equal.
Increased endurance limit of parts subjected to high heat and high stress (vibration). Microscopic cracking and premature failure is reduced.
Good looks - The coating just looks killer! A briliant finish looking almost like chorme but with the properties of a ceramic coating.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Started - 05/02/03 05:38 PM
Hey thats cool. If ya'll wanna go that way, I can see if Alessondro can shipp them to Jet Hot and so there is not added shipping. He's still checking to see how much the local guy can do it for us. Thanks
Posted By: TorsenRick Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Started - 05/02/03 05:51 PM
Well, that depends on what the price is in quantity, but I'm going to initially say that no, I don't want mine Jethot coated...
Posted By: Rance Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Started - 05/02/03 07:56 PM
Ok so when and were do we send the money? Or did I miss this?

sorry Iv'e been offline for awhile.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Started - 05/02/03 09:19 PM
As far as money and payments go, your gonna be able to pay in a variety of way from credit card over the phone, money order, personal check, pay pal.......... All money will be pay directly to Alessondro at Performance Fords, but I'll tell you when he's ready for ya'll to send the money. Thanks
Posted By: 99fordsvt Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/03/03 03:00 AM
I'll get Alessondro to snap a few pics of the pipe and I'll get them posted ASAP. Sorry for the wait. Thanks

Seems there are tons of guys just waiting to buy this but they want a photo.

If Brullen wants some sales - tell them to put a simple photo of this Y-pipe on the website. I've seen some prety poor Y-pipes, and a simple photo of the layout would make potential customers feel good about what they would actually get.

Photos please
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/03/03 06:41 AM

Seems there are tons of guys just waiting to buy this but they want a photo.

If Brullen wants some sales - tell them to put a simple photo of this Y-pipe on the website. I've seen some prety poor Y-pipes, and a simple photo of the layout would make potential customers feel good about what they would actually get.

Photos please

Thats a great point, and is something I'm asking him to do for me now. But Alessondro is like 30 minutes away from the Brullen Shop. He'll have to go and snap a picture next time he is there(which is usuall every other day). I understand that ya'll need this and I want to get these pictures as well. I'll have them as soon as he gives them to me. thanks
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/03/03 06:46 PM
Interested, add me to the list.
End of May is fine.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/03/03 07:15 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4

Recap: Price is $285 with the stndard cat, and an additional $88 for the EXTREME flow cat. Remeber all pipes come with flanged cats for removal. Thanks

Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/03/03 08:04 PM
I am also interested.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/03/03 08:07 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS
Posted By: ofpa_99 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/04/03 09:51 AM
I'm new to this so excuse my stupidity...
What exactly would you have to do to mount it on the car? It won't heat up the oil right?
What does the Xtreme flow do?
Will it work on a 1997 Contour Sport? 4cyl.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/04/03 01:44 PM
6 cylinder only sorry
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/04/03 02:22 PM
SVTCuervo, I know it's been asked of you already, but how are we coming with pictures (either posted here or on the Performance Fords website) of the pipe?. I'm interested in the standard cat; can I assume that this cat is a step-up from the stock cat?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/04/03 03:19 PM
All information and specs are going to be posted the second Alessondro gives them to me. I'm awaiting the pictures, the EXTREME flow informaiton, and the price for the test pipe. I'm not trying to make any excuses, but Allesondro is a very busy person but he has always gotten me the stuff. I can understand where ya'll are comming from and I'm trying and wanting just as much as ya'll are. I should have them posted very soon. Thanks
Posted By: Stinger00_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/05/03 08:29 PM
I am most definitely in. I've waited forever and a day to do this mod, I guess I can wait til the end of May.

I rarely check this site anymore though, so whenever it comes to payment you'll have to probably send me a PM or something.

But I want one.

Thanks,
Holmes
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/05/03 08:33 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS
9.Stinger00

I just faxed Alessondro, so I should have the pics and specs soon. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/07/03 08:05 PM
Hey guys, just got this informaiton from Alessondro. Its from and email

Quote:

I talked with Brullen and I can not get that
Xtreme flow cat info for another couple days. Its a new product for
them and they are making up some marketing/promotional material so all
their information is at the "printers"

I will send you the pictures tomorrow for the downpipe and augment them
later with more pictures, I am fatigue and could not get to it earlier.
I apologize for the delay but thanks for the patience.

Alessondro was in a very bad reck in his SVT and has been going to theoropy ever since. He's really trying to make this happen for us and I am as well. If you are familiar with my other GB's, I give them alot of attention and I appologize for the lack before. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/09/03 02:20 AM
I have both the pictures of the y-pipe and the XTREME flow Cat pics and information. Sorry about the wait:

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/09/03 02:31 AM
Here are the pics and the information on the extreme flow:

Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/09/03 03:33 AM
Niiiiice, thanks for the PM SVTCuervo. Those pictures only make me want it more.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/09/03 03:47 AM
Niiiiice, thanks for the PM SVTCuervo. Those pictures only make me want it more.

Soon enough. Alessondro said we may be able to start orders soon and they could ship by the end of the month if wnated. I 'll get back on that. Thanks
Posted By: xdouble_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/09/03 04:15 AM
Question: Will the design of this y-pipe leave enough room by the oil pan bolt to be able to get a socket on it? That has always driven me crazy needing to use an end wrench to get that thing loose.
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/09/03 01:11 PM
I'll play devil's advocate here...

I'm looking at the optimized Y-pipe I bought from Warmonger (thanks Tom!)...and I'm not really seeing any huge difference between what's on my desk and what I'm looking at in those pics (on the front 1/2). In fact..I am not to crazy at all about the part after where the two primary tubes come together...the Y looks nice...but the real critical part is where it goes into the single outlet...it looks kinda squarish to me (right before the flex pipe)...and should taper as much as possible.
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/09/03 03:06 PM
Your's has heat shield! That is very key!

-Andy
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/09/03 08:11 PM
Originally posted by mcgainer:

I'm looking at the optimized Y-pipe I bought from Warmonger (thanks Tom!)...and I'm not really seeing any huge difference between what's on my desk and what I'm looking at in those pics (on the front 1/2). In fact..I am not to crazy at all about the part after where the two primary tubes come together...the Y looks nice...but the real critical part is where it goes into the single outlet...it looks kinda squarish to me (right before the flex pipe)...and should taper as much as possible.

This is the difference between your and these. Its equal length and allows the gasses to mix instead of being forced into each other. This allow for smoother flow, better scaviging(sp?) and NO DRONE. And antoher difference between this one and your is that these give about 4-7lb. MORE torque and 2-4 MORE HP than your moddified one.

Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/10/03 01:39 PM
Great pics, nice job.
Just trying to get crystalline on this, so I'm copy-pasting from earlier entries...

This will come with several options including the choice between a high flow cat, and an EXTREME flow cat.

Brullen Y-Pipe: $285
Extreme Flow Cat: +$88

Q: Assuming the $285 price includes the high-flow cat, can we see a picture of the Y-Pipe with the high-flow cat, please.
I'm trying to keep the purchase (less shipping, of course) to the $285 price-point.
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/10/03 01:54 PM
Originally posted by mcgainer:

This is the difference between your and these. Its equal length and allows the gasses to mix instead of being forced into each other. This allow for smoother flow, better scaviging(sp?) and NO DRONE. And antoher difference between this one and your is that these give about 4-7lb. MORE torque and 2-4 MORE HP than your moddified one.

I'm not sure you've seen an optimized Y then...and I think you're mixing semantics...mixed rather than forced into each other? What's that mean? Warmonger opened up the Y..removed the major restriction, and the primary meeting point is very open, very Y-ish (if that's a word) and opens up into a straight 2.5" channel. The Brullen clearly bottle-necks down..and in all honesty the Y part (that 6" part where the primaries come together) looks like some of the aftermarket pieces in the general exhaust system section (magnaflow maybe?). And still lacks heat shielding. Its been debated many times on whether equal length primaries are really all that..I've not seen any Dyno plots indicating that.

I think that this Y will pick up the #s you're using over a stock unmodded Y...but I don't think realistically that those #s will hold over a properly optimized one.

I will say that it looks a hell of a lot better than any other Y out there. I think my point is that since this Y appears to be "from scratch", that the Y merging point should be as well developed as possible. I know that after talking with Terry Haines, he was of the opinion that even a 15-20 degree angle change on how the exhaust gases come together (read as more gradual) could make a HP/TQ difference...

Just my $.02...not really worth arguing about...just an observation.

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/10/03 03:05 PM
This comes straight from the Performance Fords Web Site. And I know Alessondro and He is a performance goooroooo and knows what he is talking about. This is a direct quote from PF's site about the Y-pipe:

Quote:

Unfortunately at the time of our prototyping, our project SVT already had a modified y-pipe before testing of our new equal length downpipe was conducted. The modified downpipe had exhibited gains on the bottom end (3-5HP and lb-ft of torque up to 5500rpm) when we first dyno'ed that configuration. The dyno chart shown here shows that our equal length downpipe had additional gains of 4-7 ft-lbs of torque and 2-4 HP along the rev range up to 6000rpm. While we were not able to compare our new equal length downpipe to a stock down pipe, performance gains have been clearly identified.

If anyone still needs convincing, then I'll get Alessondro himself to come make a post and tell ya'll what its all about. I'm not trying to start crap or anything, I just have to defend my product
Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/11/03 04:44 AM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew

Price is $285. Add $88 for the Xtreme flow Cat. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/11/03 01:58 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble(maybe)
12. dbzjr(maybe)

Price is $285. Add $88 if you won't the Xtreme flow cat. Thanks
Posted By: chikmagnet340 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/11/03 09:52 PM
can i get just the off road pipe with this? Just wondering.
Posted By: POWERAGE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/11/03 10:15 PM
Well if this will fit my coug and he'll ship to Canada then i think i want one. But not for about a week or two. Gotta wait for my Check and see if i got any money left but most likely i want one.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/11/03 10:58 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble(maybe)
12. dbzjr(maybe)
13. POWERAGE(cougar)

Price is $285. Add $88 if you won't the Xtreme flow cat. GB ends at the end of May. Thanks
Posted By: POWERAGE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/12/03 01:35 AM
Just looked at the pics again and o2 sensor placement is not right for my 02 cougar. Just like all other companies they only make a pipe to fit the 99-00 cougs and not the 01-02's. Oh well i guess you could take my name off the list.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/12/03 03:27 PM
does the y pipe have the holes for the o2 sensors? also, does it gotta be payed in full? i might be interested
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/12/03 08:05 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble(maybe)
12. dbzjr(maybe)
13. POWERAGE(cougar)
14. Russell

I'm gonna get Alessondro to tell ya'll about the cougar o2 sensor drilling and placement so we can see if they will work. Thanks
Posted By: Journie Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/13/03 03:52 AM
Ok Im "interested"...about 80% yes
Posted By: POWERAGE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/13/03 06:56 AM
Well if they can get an 01 or 02 cougar in there to find out where the o2 sensors gotta go then i want one. If you can get them to make this work on an 01-02 cougar then i know their will be a few ppl on the neco boards who will take one. So far though there's not much interest over there but will be if you keep us updated,
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/13/03 11:29 AM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble(maybe)
12. dbzjr(maybe)
13. POWERAGE(cougar)
14. Russell
15. Journie

We are in the process of gettting that information for the cougars so I'll get that out as soon as possible. But that really wont matter on NECO because they just deleted my thread becaue I wansn't an approved GB hoster. They don't know me so they deleted my post. There missing out. Maybe the guy with the cougar could keep them in contact. Thanks
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/13/03 03:13 PM
please take me off the interested list for the ypipe, as im prob gonna get headers and it comes with them. if i can get just the cat im 100% interested in it
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/13/03 09:23 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble(maybe)
12. dbzjr(maybe)
13. POWERAGE(cougar)
14. Journie
Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/13/03 10:30 PM
GO ahead and put me down for a maybe too, I'm still not positive I'll have the money.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/13/03 11:27 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie

Allesondro is going to get his hands on a cougar Y-pipe from a 2002 and see what needs to be done to make it fit. It may take a little time, but I'll keep you posted. Thanks
Posted By: Massiv Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/14/03 12:08 AM
I am interested (normal cat), as it seems this fits a 99 Cougar V6 (my car).

Key Questions:
-estimate on shipping to Canada? (not incl. correct?)
-Will these throw a CEL?

Thanks,

Massiv.
Posted By: JaySVT_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/14/03 01:56 AM
Interested, but not definetly in as of right now.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/14/03 02:14 AM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie
15. Massiv
16. JaySVT

We know that they fit 99-00 cougars, he's pretty sure he can fit them to a newer cougar if he gets hold of one. Thanks
Posted By: POWERAGE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/15/03 12:55 AM
What's the deal with 02 cougars. Has he got ahold of one yet? I really want on of these.

Oh and do they come with mil eliminators or am i gonna need them?
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/15/03 05:02 AM
This group buy is exactly what I was looking for. Count me in... Funds will be available on the 20'th.

edit: it WILL fit an '02 cougar, it'll just need a 3 bolt flange to meet the cat-back exhaust and I'm pretty sure it'll either need an 02 sensor bung, or one will need to be omitted.
Posted By: mindtrip1016 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/15/03 05:38 AM
Add me to the list if the '01 Cougar fitment is resolved.
Posted By: juices Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/15/03 07:00 AM
im interrested...
brullen y pipe with extreme cat...

how does the shipping work?
does it leave from pf?

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/15/03 11:52 AM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie
15. Massiv
16. JaySVT
17. NeilsCougar (cougar)
18. mindtrip1016 (cougar)
19. juices

I'll talk to Alessondro today and I think we'll be able to start ordering these thing real soon, so some of us can have our pipes by the end of the month. This GB is scheduled to end on May 31 unless we have a special situation. I'll keep ya'll posted. Thanks
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/15/03 06:51 PM
I want the one with the normal hi-flo Cat. I dont need the extra $88 one. Is shipping included in the $285? Also, does this include the flanged 'test pipe'? I'm probably going to want that.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/15/03 07:59 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie
15. Massiv
16. JaySVT
17. NeilsCougar (cougar)
19. juices
20. NeilsCougar

The $285 doesn't include shipping, but from and erlier question, he can ship to Canada since he in Canada. Thanks
Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/15/03 08:42 PM
Originally posted by NeilsCougar:
edit: it WILL fit an '02 cougar, it'll just need a 3 bolt flange to meet the cat-back exhaust and I'm pretty sure it'll either need an 02 sensor bung, or one will need to be omitted.

That statement couldn't be more wrong. The 01-02 cougar has a 3-bolt CAT flange, which is inconsequential since this ypipe replaces the cat. It has the exact same 2-bolt catback exhaust flange as all the other cdw27s have.

The 99-02 cougar ypipes are identical (the 3-bolt ones anyways), with the exception that on the 01-02 y, the only o2 sensor it has is after the cat.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/15/03 09:41 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/15/03 10:56 PM

a polite 'neil is mistaken' would have sufficed.

If the CAT flange is 3 bolt, wouldnt the mating flange on the exhaust side have to have 3 bolts too? Therefore if you got a '99 style Y-pipe and installed it on your 02 wouldnt there be a mismatch?
Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/15/03 11:59 PM

a polite 'neil is mistaken' would have sufficed.

If the CAT flange is 3 bolt, wouldnt the mating flange on the exhaust side have to have 3 bolts too? Therefore if you got a '99 style Y-pipe and installed it on your 02 wouldnt there be a mismatch?

No. The ypipe, bolts to the cat, which bolts to the exhaust. The Ypipe-to-cat flange is 3 bolt, the cat-to-exhaust flange is 2 bolt.

If you took a complete 99 ypipe assy (y and cat), even a 2-bolt and put it onto my 2001 cougar for example, it would technically fit fine, but since I dont have any upstream o2 sensors on my 2001s ypipe i would need to plug the one thats in the 99 y, and drill a hole and add a bung for a sensor after the cat.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/16/03 12:03 AM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie
15. Massiv
16. JaySVT
17. NeilsCougar (cougar)
19. juices
20. NeilsCougar

For 01-03 cougars look below

Originally posted by ov3n:

No. The ypipe, bolts to the cat, which bolts to the exhaust. The Ypipe-to-cat flange is 3 bolt, the cat-to-exhaust flange is 2 bolt.

If you took a complete 99 ypipe assy (y and cat), even a 2-bolt and put it onto my 2001 cougar for example, it would technically fit fine, but since I dont have any upstream o2 sensors on my 2001s ypipe i would need to plug the one thats in the 99 y, and drill a hole and add a bung for a sensor after the cat.

Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen Pictures!!!!!!!!! - 05/16/03 12:07 AM
Hehe, thanks for the quote.. But I do hope brullen will make a ypipe that will go onto the 01-02's without any o2 bung modification necessary.

I AM interested, but i wont have the money for this GB, so keep me off the list.. I'll have to pay full price once the money comes my way.

Do you know what full price on these is?
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/16/03 02:52 AM
If it will fit my 96 with Borla exhaust, I'll buy one.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/16/03 02:53 AM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie
15. Massiv
16. JaySVT
17. NeilsCougar (cougar)
19. juices
20. NeilsCougar
21. NJE96SE

It will fit all aftermarket and stock exhaust so you made the list
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/16/03 09:12 AM
Put me in the mix. Summer is coming and I've got a little itch to do some work on the car.

Any recommendation on a good cat-back to go with it? I plan on eventually doing a 3-liter conversion.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/16/03 11:14 AM
Originally posted by papadage:
Put me in the mix. Summer is coming and I've got a little itch to do some work on the car.

Any recommendation on a good cat-back to go with it? I plan on eventually doing a 3-liter conversion.

Any aftermarket would fit, but I am now addicted to the sound and performance of my Brullen cat back. just a thought
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/16/03 11:17 AM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie
15. Massiv
16. JaySVT
17. NeilsCougar (cougar)
19. juices
20. NeilsCougar
21. NJE96SE
22. papadage

Price is $285 and if you won't the XTREME flow cat it will be $88 more dollars. Thanks

For your pleasure:
Posted By: TorsenRick Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/16/03 12:29 PM
The $285 doesn't include shipping, but from and erlier question, he can ship to Canada since he in Canada. Thanks

Is there going to be any issue getting those through Customs in a timely/cost-effective manner?
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/16/03 02:29 PM
Originally posted by papadage:
I am now addicted to the sound and performance of my Brullen cat back. just a thought

not sure how much the Brullen is, but my Trubendz Dynomax setup with additional Dynomax 'Bullet' chambers at the tips sounds phenominally gorgeous. It's a perfectly burbly, agressive but mellow note... and It really quiets down when im at speed on the highway.
Posted By: Massiv Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/16/03 05:34 PM
If the Alessondro guy is actually in Canada, then can we get a price and pay in CDN $? That cuts out 1x loss on conversion for the purchaser, and 1x loss on conversion for him to move money CDN->US->CDN. As well, if he is in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), would it be possible to pick it up direct to save on shipping?

Thanks,

Massiv.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/16/03 07:22 PM
We'll have no problem with customs. Alessondro said we could start ordering as soon a next Tuesday and turnaround should be by the end of the month. I'll also get the price in Canadian for all those who live there and see if it can be picked up. Thanks
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/17/03 12:14 AM
Does the $285+$88 cost include the flanged straight pipe, or will we have to get that separately?
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/17/03 04:27 AM
Since the Brullen BB is gone and done, anyone have a suggestion for a vendor for a god cat back and for MSDS headers?

Do you think that Performance Fords would cute me a deal if I ordered everything from them at once?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/17/03 06:27 AM
Originally posted by NJE96SE:
Does the $285+$88 cost include the flanged straight pipe, or will we have to get that separately?

The flanged test pipe does not come with the purchase. It is additional and it will probably be way easier just to have a muffler shop make you one cheap. its just a staight pipe insted of a cat. But if people do wish to purchase the pipe through this GB, then it is available. I'll have to get the exact prices. Thanks
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/17/03 05:00 PM
Cuervo, my work lost power yesterday and ive been told that since payroll was not able to be entered that I'll have to wait for Thursday to get my paycheck ... so I'll be ready with the funds then.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/17/03 08:36 PM
Thats cool. All I was saying is we were gonna start taking orders Tuesday. I'll give ya'll the number and ya'll will call Alessondro and give you payment info(Credit, Check, Money order............) You will have the chance to order up untill the 31 of May. I'll have all the contact info read on Tuesday. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/19/03 12:17 PM
I didn't get a chance to speak with Alessodnro over the weekend, but he will start taking orders as soon a tommorow(Tuesday). Turnaround for pipes ordered this week should be shipped by the end of the month . I'll have all this info for ya'll tommorow. thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/19/03 08:06 PM
Ok guys here it is. Starting tommorow (Tuesday), you can begin to order your Y-pipes from Alessondro. You will have to call and possibly leave a message. He can take your order over the phone by credit or you can send check or money order. When you call him, you might get a voicemail, BUT YOU MUST LEAVE A MESSAGE if you want him to get back with you. Leave your contact information and he will get back with you.

The number to call is: 416-725-0464
His name is Alessondro and he's very nice to do business with.
Just tell him your in for the Y-pipe GB and He'll hook you up.
If you get the voicemail, LEAVE a message. Sorry but I must stress that point .
Posted By: mindtrip1016 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/19/03 10:57 PM
Do I need to call Performance Fords and request a 01-02 y-pipe, or has this small difference in o2 sensor placement not been addressed yet?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/19/03 11:24 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie
15. Massiv
16. JaySVT
17. NeilsCougar (cougar)
19. juices
20. NeilsCougar
21. NJE96SE
22. papadage

I'm gonna speak with Alessondro tommorow and see what he wants to do about the cougars. It may be as easy as elongating the O2 sensor wires. But, I'll have to see. If any cougars do call, make sure to tell him what vehicle and see what he has to say. thanks

And yes this GB is still open for everyone who wants in. It will stay open till May 31. If anyone needs extra time tell me now so i can make arrangements. Thanks
Posted By: papadage_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/19/03 11:53 PM
Regeretably, I'm going to bow out. I wasn't aware that the MSDS headers came witha good y-pipe. I'm going to do the headers group buy. Wish I had made it for the cat backs. Those pipes looked mean.

SVTCuervo, thanks anyway man, and everyone have fun with them.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/20/03 01:54 AM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie
15. Massiv
16. JaySVT
17. NeilsCougar (cougar)
19. juices
20. NeilsCougar
21. NJE96SE

Hey man thats how things go. tell me how they turn out
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/21/03 04:07 AM
Also, please post after you call Performance Fords or post if you still want to get in on this GB. Thanks
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen *DELETED* - 05/21/03 04:16 AM
Post deleted by dubkatz
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/21/03 04:35 AM
These pipes have been rigerously tested and come with a full warranty. purchase with confidence, because there is no better Y-pipe on the market. Lets get those orders in
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/21/03 08:44 PM
SVTCuervo, thanks for your work in getting this GB together. I just ordered my y-pipe, and I am stoked about it.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/21/03 08:48 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie
15. Massiv
16. JaySVT
17. NeilsCougar (cougar)
19. juices
20. NeilsCougar
21. NJE96SE
22. papadage

Ordered:
1.NJE96SE

Keep em commin
Posted By: POWERAGE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/22/03 02:07 AM
I'll order as soon as he find out exactly what needs to be done for my coug. And am i gonna need mil eliminators?
Posted By: musicnut_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/22/03 12:42 PM
Originally posted by POWERAGE:
I'll order as soon as he find out exactly what needs to be done for my coug. And am i gonna need mil eliminators?

You only need mil eliminators if you do away with your precats. A y-pipe doesn't affect the precats.
Posted By: TorsenRick Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/22/03 12:51 PM
Any idea how much shipping will run?
Posted By: POWERAGE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/22/03 03:15 PM
ya but on an 02 cougar the o2 sensor is after the main cat iirc.
Posted By: musicnut_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/22/03 04:53 PM
That would be different from the Contiques, but regardless of that, if you leave your three cats alone you will not need the mil eliminators.
Posted By: POWERAGE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/23/03 04:19 AM
I can't leave my cats alone. I have a 3 bolt flange therefore i have to use the one supplied by brullen. Which is prolly a high flow cat. That's why i am needing to know if i will need mil eliminators or not.
Posted By: DDV Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/23/03 01:51 PM
Now, for those of us in the US, what is the cost going to be to get these through Customs (since they are being shipped from Canada)?

That's another cost, in addition to the price and shipping, that we need to account for.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/23/03 02:03 PM
There is no price for getting the pipe threw customs. This is like a 1/4 the size of the cat back we just shipped threw and customs didn't do anything about it. So don't worry about customs. I'll talk to Alessodro this afternoon and see exactly how much shipping charges will be. Thanks
Posted By: musicnut_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/23/03 03:50 PM
Originally posted by POWERAGE:
I can't leave my cats alone. I have a 3 bolt flange therefore i have to use the one supplied by brullen. Which is prolly a high flow cat. That's why i am needing to know if i will need mil eliminators or not.

A mil eliminator is only needed if you remove or gut a cat. If a cat, stock or high flow aftermarket, is operating properly the O2 sensor should get a reading within the acceptable range allowed by the EEC.

As to the flange, your system will be: exhaust manifolds (precats) - Brullen Y pipe - Brullen main cat - your catback exhaust. Your Cougar may be different but the Contiques used a two bolt flange to connect the main cat to the exhaust system.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/23/03 09:20 PM
Shippping will be around $30. As for the Cougars, he thinks all that is needed is to relocate the o2 sensor and NOTHING to do with mil elemiators. Also since we are replacing the whole cat sections with this, it doesn't matter is you have a three flanged cat. He would like to conferm this buy having a cougar owner send him several pics of there Y-pipes. If you can send them to me and I'll get those to him. my email is josequervo@bellsouth.net.

Lets get these things ordered guys.
Posted By: Arclight Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/23/03 11:50 PM
Cuervo,
Is this GB still open, If so, I would like to be included. (I also sent you a PM saying the same thing)

Let me know if I can call next week, Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/24/03 06:54 AM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie
15. Massiv
16. JaySVT
17. NeilsCougar (cougar)
19. juices
20. NeilsCougar
21. NJE96SE
22. papadage
23. Arclight

Ordered:
1.NJE96SE

YES this GB is still open. Untill May 31 you can get in on this. So call now. (416) 725-0464

And remember, if you don't get him, leave a voicemail and He'll get back with you. Thanks
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/24/03 01:42 PM
Just left a vmail for Allesondro.
I'm in. Thanks for doing the legwork on this, SVTCuervo.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/24/03 03:05 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4

GB is still open. If you want in, post in this thread and then call Alessondro to order at (416)725-0464. Leave a voicmail if you don't get him.

And make sure, if you have ordered to re post on the thread so I know how many we have. Thanks
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/24/03 04:07 PM
I didn't get paid on the 15th and probably won't get my first of the month check either, so for the time being I'm out. We shall see soon enough, I hope.

Mike
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/24/03 04:32 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie
15. Massiv
16. JaySVT
17. NeilsCougar (cougar)
19. juices
20. NJE96SE
21. papadage
22. Arclight

Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/25/03 09:05 AM
As much as I want this, there is no just no way in hell I'll have the money by May 31st. I have to pay off a speeding ticket among a couple other things. The earliest I'd have the money would probably be June 16th.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/25/03 03:28 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT
5.chikmagnet340
6.Ed98.5SVT
7.MJF4
8.97CS (maybe)
9.Stinger00
10. Andrew
11. xdouble (maybe)
12. dbzjr (maybe)
13. POWERAGE (cougar)
14. Journie
15. Massiv
16. JaySVT
17. NeilsCougar (cougar)
19. juices
20. NeilsCougar
21. NJE96SE
22. papadage
23. Arclight

Ordered:
1.NJE96SE

Price $285 and this will end May 31. If anyone needs more time just PM me and we'll see what we can do. Thanks

THIS IS STILL OPEN SO GET IN BEFORE ITS OVER
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/27/03 01:29 PM
SVTCuervo, I'm a little concerned.
I've left your boy Allesondro three vmails, and gotten no response. It's the 27th, and that doens't leave much time to place an order. Can you help, please. I'm sure the man is busy, but I am trying to give him some business
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/27/03 03:13 PM
Hey its no problem. He told me of all the voice mails and if its on there your deffinatley in. He's working day and night a Brullen right know to perfect everything and He knows ya'll all have called. I'm about to give him a ring so I can perfect the list. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/27/03 05:15 PM
Hey guys, I just got off the phone with Alessondro and IF YOU HAVE LEFT A VOICEMAIL YOUR OK. He knows you have called and if its there, your in. But as for the rest of you. I have a list of about 22 and only like 4 people have ordered. I know some are waiting, but the sooner you order the sooner you getem. I really don't want to have an extension on this but we will if we have to and that mean we don't get the pipes as soon. So ORDER. This GB is still open and if your ready to order:

Call Alessondro at (416) 725-0464.

Make sure to leave a voicemail if you don't get him. Thanks
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/27/03 06:39 PM
Just got off the phone with Alessondro, who sounds like a real nice fellow.
Placed my order.
Won't ship for at least two weeks, but that's fine with me.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/27/03 07:59 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4

keep em commin
Posted By: Arclight Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/28/03 12:03 AM
Mission complete...order placed today.

FYI, Alessandro is good about returning voicemail messages
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/28/03 02:36 AM
i'm still in! Its been difficult finding a good time to call, as Allesondro is no doubt at least 2 hours behind my time so my early is too early and when i leave work i have school till past 6pm western time, and I dont want to call Canada from work cuz I got reamed for calling long distance already, and I didnt think the weekends were a good time to call but THURSDAY!!

Tell Allesondro that Neil with a '99 cougar will be contacting him Thursday at about 1pm eastern US time.

edit: its 11pm and I just left him voicemail. needed to get that off my back.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/28/03 03:10 AM
its 11pm and I just left him voicemail. needed to get that off my back.

LMAO

Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight

There are a couple more on the list, I just forgot the names . I'll get it all straight tommorow. Lets keep them commin.

(by the way, Reloaded was Freagin awesome.)
Posted By: mindtrip1016 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/28/03 12:07 PM
I am not sure if any cougar owners have sent you a picture of their 01-02 o2 sensor placement. I am about to email you a couple of the last sensor in relation to the cat.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/28/03 12:14 PM
Originally posted by mindtrip1016:
I am not sure if any cougar owners have sent you a picture of their 01-02 o2 sensor placement. I am about to email you a couple of the last sensor in relation to the cat.

Thanks alot man, I have sent Alesondro the pics and by this afternoon I plan on getting an answer. Thanks
Posted By: ghodge_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/28/03 12:41 PM
I ordered mine yesterday. I can't wait to get it.
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/28/03 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Arclight:
Mission complete...order placed today.

FYI, Alessandro is good about returning voicemail messages

You're quite right, Arclight. Alessondro had left me a vmail at my home Tuesday morning, sometime after my first post and before I called him from work.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/28/03 04:24 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge

come on lets keep em commin
Posted By: Andrew Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/28/03 07:48 PM
Cuervo,

I placed an order via fax after speaking with Alex on the phone a couple of days ago, but my name is not on the bought list. What's up?

Andrew
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/28/03 09:24 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew

I haven't spoken to Alessondro today so I didn't get the revived list. Ya'll are supposed to tell me who ordered . NO everything is goin to plan. But I really do need ya'll to post after ya'll order. Lets get em in guys.

Thanks
Posted By: TorsenRick Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/29/03 11:26 PM
I just called and left a message with him...
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/29/03 11:27 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
7.TorsenRick

Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/30/03 03:54 AM
Ok, so unfortunatly I wasnt able to call him again today

PM'ing you, SVTCuervo
Posted By: POWERAGE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/30/03 04:50 AM
So cuervo what's up with the pipe for the newer cougs? I wanna order this but i have to know if they are gonna move the o2 sensor for us.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/30/03 02:48 PM
Well I had sent Alessondro some pics the day before yesterday. But he needs to talk to a guy who has one of these pips so he can be sure. If its what he thinks, he will actually fabricate the pipes to fit the car instead of the car to fit the pipe. So if you could call Alesondro and answer a couple of his questions, it could be something awesome for the newer cougars. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/30/03 08:05 PM
OK guys. We have some news

We are goin to extend this Gb to the 13th and not a day longer. This is due to the fact that we are just getting the info on the newer cougars and are going to speacially make them for them in the same GB. But the sooner you order the sooner we get the pipes.

If you have forgotten the number: (416)725-0464.

Thanks
Posted By: BlackSleeper Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/30/03 09:53 PM
Well I would like to know how much this Brullen Y pipe costs, and how long until its availible, and I notice people have concerns about optimizing flow; If you still have the precats on the car you will only be able to get as much flow as to what comes out of those precats. Am i wrong?
Also another question i had was, If I were to get the MSDS headers, would I pass DEQ? I live In oregon?

Any info, please reply

Thank you
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/31/03 05:19 AM
Fellas.... i would like to say that i am sorry, but i have to back out of the GB... I was in from pretty much the beginning, but the money just hasnt panned out, and this wheel suspension mod is just costing a lot. Sorry for wasting your time svtcuervo, but i wish the bet for those who purchase this great product....
Posted By: mindtrip1016 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/31/03 12:05 PM
I called Mr. Alessandro on Thursday evening, May 29th. I left a voicemail stating that I am the one who took the pics of the '01 Cougar o2 sensor placement and understood that he had a few questions that needed to be addressed. He has yet to return my call, as he is very busy I am sure. I am glad to read that the GB is being extended. I was concerned with no returned call, no product for the newer cougars and also pushing the dead-line.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/31/03 12:52 PM
I called Mr. Alessandro on Thursday evening, May 29th. I left a voicemail stating that I am the one who took the pics of the '01 Cougar o2 sensor placement and understood that he had a few questions that needed to be addressed. He has yet to return my call, as he is very busy I am sure. I am glad to read that the GB is being extended. I was concerned with no returned call, no product for the newer cougars and also pushing the dead-line.

hello there mr random stranger! how ya been man? give me me a holla sometime.....its been a while........

(sorry to hijack the thread........)
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/31/03 03:19 PM
Originally posted by PSUGRAD:
Well I would like to know how much this Brullen Y pipe costs, and how long until its availible, and I notice people have concerns about optimizing flow; If you still have the precats on the car you will only be able to get as much flow as to what comes out of those precats. Am i wrong?
Also another question i had was, If I were to get the MSDS headers, would I pass DEQ? I live In oregon?

Any info, please reply

Thank you

Hey man the GB price is gonna be $285. Thats $50 off the market price and this is the highest HP and TQ producing pipe on the market. If you have a Newer model cougar, we are also gonna relocate the o2 sensor for those year cougars. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/31/03 03:33 PM
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.chikmagnet340
5.Ed98.5SVT
6.MJF4
7.97CS (maybe)
8.Stinger00
9. Andrew
10. xdouble (maybe)
11. dbzjr (maybe)
12. POWERAGE (cougar)
13. Journie
14. Massiv
15. JaySVT
16. NeilsCougar (cougar)
17. mindtrip1016 (cougar)
18. juices
19. NJE96SE
20. papadage
21. Arclight
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 05/31/03 03:44 PM
Ok guys. Sorry about the like half a day with out responding thing i just did. I've also posted this on NECO and they are flooding me with request for this so its gonna be a big one. Just keep the orders commin and we'll get these pipes out asap. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/03/03 03:22 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.TorsenRick
9.David Vacila

Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/03/03 03:27 PM
I left Alessondro a voicemail last week, just called again, no answer. I need some sort of respone from him, or this won't work out.
Posted By: TorsenRick Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/04/03 12:12 PM
I called Alessondro last Thursday, and the followed it up with an email giving him my phone numbers and times to call, but I've yet to hear back from him. Maybe he's busy, but so am I. I'd be nice to get a response from him, like some of the others, I'm a little concerned...
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/04/03 02:58 PM
I spoke with Alessondro yesterday and everyone who has called is ok. I know being busy is no reason for this delay in reply, but I can only ask you to understand that everything is ok and he'll deffinately get back with you. I'll talk to him again today and make sure we get every thing in order. Thakns
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/04/03 03:00 PM
This Group Buy is still open untill The 13th. The price is $285 and if you want the Xtreme flow cat, it will be and additional $88.

If you are ready to order, call Alessdonro at (416) 725-0464. Leave him voicemail with your contact information and He'll get back with you.

( I had been gettin email asking if this was still open )
Posted By: KuwlKitty Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/04/03 05:12 PM
Any update for 01-02 Cougars with the 02 sensor in the rear? I'll order in a heartbeat if you have the tests complete and they're ready to go.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/04/03 07:10 PM
Originally posted by KuwlKitty:
Any update for 01-02 Cougars with the 02 sensor in the rear? I'll order in a heartbeat if you have the tests complete and they're ready to go.

We are testing know and they will be available very shortly. We are having a Moderator from NECO test fit it for us and we'll have the finshed product soon. We are taking the extra time to make this Y-pipe perfect for production. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/06/03 08:21 PM
The 01-02 Cougar Y-pipe is READY!!!!!!!! We are know taking orders along with the other years and the Contours. All pipes will cost the same and the sooner we order the sooner we get them. Lets get these in guys.

If your ready to order, call Alessondro and leave a voicemail at (416) 725-0464. You can pay with pretty much anything from Credit cards to personal checks.

****** Also. Alessondro had his phone done for a couple days and thats the reason for the lack of reply. If you have not recieved a reply from him, please recall and leave a voicemail. He and I are very sorry for this inconvinience. I just don't want anyone to miss out on this opportunity. Thanks

Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.TorsenRick
9.David Vacila
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/07/03 12:25 AM
SVTCuervo, any idea when these will start being sent out? Thanks.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/07/03 06:27 AM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.TorsenRick
9.David Vacila
10.Rick J G

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/10/03 04:13 PM
guys, the Group Buys ends this Fiday. We need all orders in before then so we can start making them all at once. I don't know where half the people on the first list went, but oh well. And I need ya'll to post when ya'll order. This will be wrapping up soon and turn around is quick so we'll have our pipes soon. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/12/03 06:05 PM
I've got good news. All the initial orders will ship out next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But more good news. If you needed more time to get in on this Group Buy, we are extending it till the end of the month because I was kicked off NECO for not being "approved". But I"m approved now and we are in business.

If you needed more time to get in on this, then here it is. The Group Buy will go till the end of June and thats it.

If your ready to order call Alessonrdro. 416-725-0464 I just got off the phone with him and he is ready for your orders. Thanks
I'm just changing the post title. GB will end at the end of June. Lets order guys

But if you have already ordered, then your pipes will ship out next week. I'll keep ya'll posted. Thanks
SVT Cuevro,

I can see the Xtreme flow cat pics..what does that thing look like inside..can you see alot of daylight looking through or is it a typical cermaic brick style like Catco etc??

Can it be purchased separately.

Thanks..
Posted By: mindtrip1016 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/13/03 10:58 PM
I ordered today. Ov3n from the NECO boards is going to be testing the 01'-02' pipe for us cougar owners. I wish I could get my pipe sent to me next week like everyone else's. I have to wait two weeks.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/14/03 03:56 AM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.TorsenRick
9.David Vacila
10.Rick J G
11. mindtrip1016
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/14/03 05:54 AM
Sent money via PayPal today
Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/14/03 10:59 AM
I ordered today. Ov3n from the NECO boards is going to be testing the 01'-02' pipe for us cougar owners. I wish I could get my pipe sent to me next week like everyone else's. I have to wait two weeks.

Indeed..
Still waiting for Alessandro to get back to me so I can buy it from either him or Brullen and get it fitted. I am excited!
Posted By: TorsenRick Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/16/03 12:05 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.TorsenRick
9.David Vacila
10.Rick J G
11. mindtrip1016

I'm not sure you should have me on the "ordered" list. While its true that I've left him a couple of messages (including email), he's yet to get back to me. I gave him a few phone numbers and email addresses, but its been more then two weeks and I've heard nothing from him. So my order hasn't been placed yet. With other things I've got going on, I'm about ready to forget it if I don't hear from him soon...
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/16/03 05:04 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.TorsenRick
9.David Vacila
10.Rick J G
11. mindtrip1016
12.97CS
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/17/03 06:20 PM
I don't remember if this has been covered already so I will just ask it. If I run a straight pipe in place of the cat with this y-pipe, what do I have to do to keep the O2 sensor happy and the check engine light off? If anyone could help me out that would be great.

Thanks
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/17/03 06:41 PM
all your O2's will still be happy with a straight pipe, just install it.

All O2's are before the main cat.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/17/03 07:06 PM
Its more than just a straight pipe with a Y, but all your o2 sensors are in front of the main cat. ON the 01-up cougars the o2 sensors are behind the main cat. We have made a pipe for both. And you won't have any CELs and all the sensors will be happy lol. Thanks
Posted By: Arclight Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/18/03 09:15 PM
Cuervo,
Have the Y-pipes started shipping yet? I have not seen anyone respond that they had received it.
Let me know, Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/18/03 09:35 PM
In my earlier post I said they would be shipping this week. I'll have some tracking numbers for ya'll shortly. Thanks
Posted By: TorsenRick Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/19/03 10:50 PM
SVTCuervo, its been 3 weeks now since I've tried to contact Alessondro. You said on Monday that you tell him to call me next, but I've still yet to hear from him. Since my financial priorities have changed and he doesn't seem interested in selling a pipe to me anyway (must be enough others buying it), I'm going to bow out of this GB. Thank you for going through the effort of organizing it. It looks like its a good product, just not one I have need for at the moment...
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/20/03 03:31 AM
Originally posted by TorsenRick:
SVTCuervo, its been 3 weeks now since I've tried to contact Alessondro. You said on Monday that you tell him to call me next, but I've still yet to hear from him. Since my financial priorities have changed and he doesn't seem interested in selling a pipe to me anyway (must be enough others buying it), I'm going to bow out of this GB. Thank you for going through the effort of organizing it. It looks like its a good product, just not one I have need for at the moment...

Everyone, I apologize for the problem. In the above quote it was my fault and I had forgotten to tell Alessondro of the call. I spoke with hime today and he should have returned all messages on the voicemails ya'll left. Alot of orders were filled today. Again I apologize for the ordering problem and it is for reasons that I"m afraid were preventable. I hope this doesn't discorage anyone from not ordering ordering as this is a great product. Thanks
Posted By: jojolmnop Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/20/03 03:14 PM
I found it easier to get a hold of via email. But he got back to me and told me to send the money. So yeah... i have just ordered it. Hopefully i'll get it soon. yay! no more smelly car... hopefully.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/20/03 05:21 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.TorsenRick
9.David Vacila
10.Rick J G
11. mindtrip1016
12.97CS
13.jojolmnop
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/20/03 05:37 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.TorsenRick
9.David Vacila
10.Rick J G
11. mindtrip1016
12.97CS
13.jojolmnop
14.Axio

This Group Buy is still open untill the end of June. The first several orders were made yesterday and I'll be sure to get some tracking numbers soon. The price is $285 and it will be an addtional $88 for the Xtreme flow cat that flow 35% better than a high flow cat. But the base price comes with a high quality High Flow cat. Thanks
Posted By: TorsenRick Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/20/03 07:33 PM
Originally posted by jojolmnop:
I found it easier to get a hold of via email.

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me...
Posted By: Rick92008 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/20/03 11:11 PM
I called and talked Alessondro and he told me I could request the Y-Pipe by email, so I sent an email to;
sales@performancefords.com, ATTN: Alessondro
It has been couple of weeks now and I have not heard anything back. Is this the correct address to use?
Thanks
Rick_J_G
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/21/03 12:57 AM
I've just gotten off the phone with Alessondro and he has told me that he has checked his email once every day and has not heard from Rick J G. through email. I would try again and put Y-pipe Group Buy in the subject bar or just call and order over the phone. Sorry for the inconvinience(sp?). Thanks
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/21/03 08:14 PM
How soon for shipment tracking numbers?
Posted By: jojolmnop Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/23/03 01:33 PM
yeah, some tracking numbers would be great. i can't wait to get this bad.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/23/03 03:22 PM
Ok guys, When I speak to Alessondro today, I'll see about the tracking # and I"ll update the list. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/23/03 07:02 PM
I've just talked to Alessondro and he said, that he will call each person as there pipes ship out and give them the tracking numbers. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/24/03 04:37 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.Rick J G
9.mindtrip1016
10.97CS
11.jojolmnop
12.Axio

Well guys there are 7 days left to order, so if you still want in thats it. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/25/03 04:09 PM
Sveral new guys are asking my about pictures of the pipes again. The first ones have expired so here are some more:

Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/25/03 04:14 PM
I went ahead and sent an e-mail for my order. I will follow up with a phone call if I don't here anything by Friday.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/25/03 04:15 PM
well he checks email once a day and I'll call him and make sure he got it. Thanks
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/25/03 06:33 PM
SVTCuervo, I want to get a test pipe made before I get my y-pipe so I don't have to use the cat at all. Do you know any of the specs, such as length of the cat piece from flange to flange? 2 or 3 bolt flanges? What the pipe diameter is? I called Alessandro to ask, but he wasn't around. If you can help at all I would appreciate it. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/25/03 06:46 PM
SVTCuervo, I want to get a test pipe made before I get my y-pipe so I don't have to use the cat at all. Do you know any of the specs, such as length of the cat piece from flange to flange? 2 or 3 bolt flanges? What the pipe diameter is? I called Alessandro to ask, but he wasn't around. If you can help at all I would appreciate it. Thanks

Well you know you can have Brullen make you one and ship it with the pipe. I wouldn't make one without the pipe in place, because you never know the exact measurments. I'll talk to him and see if he'll give me some info, but you best bet is having Brullen make you one. I'll get you a price. Thanks
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/25/03 06:49 PM

Well you know you can have Brullen make you one and ship it with the pipe. I wouldn't make one without the pipe in place, because you never know the exact measurments. I'll talk to him and see if he'll give me some info, but you best bet is having Brullen make you one. I'll get you a price. Thanks

That would be awesome. Let me know what you find out. Thanks
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/25/03 10:04 PM
I would not mind getting in on this while i can i guess, is this legal in CA? it comes with a cat by the picture... just checking again. Also, is it that hard to install by yourself because i have heard that our shops in CA will not mess with it...thanx.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/25/03 10:08 PM
Originally posted by newguysvt:
I would not mind getting in on this while i can i guess, is this legal in CA? it comes with a cat by the picture... just checking again. Also, is it that hard to install by yourself because i have heard that our shops in CA will not mess with it...thanx.

Yes you can still get in on this and yes it comes with a High Flow cat standard. But you can upgrade to an Xtreme flow cat for $88 more. Its completely emission legal and is so easy to install. All parts of the Y-pipe are easilly accessable under the car and in plain view. Just unbolt the stock and bolt on the Brullen. Thanks
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/25/03 10:44 PM
sorry to ask questions late, but i just searched every page of this post and i do not see any gains listed over stock. i mean i don't see any posts saying basically how much it will gain over stock. i have heard like 10 hp for the sho pipe but is there any solid numbers available for this one? also, the xtreme flow cat...how much more will that produce, a.k.a is it worth the xtra 88 bux. i saw info posted for it previously but all i got was x's. thanx for the quick response before, i just got a wild hair up my ass to buy this and throw it on my credit card so i'll probably be in after more info. thanx.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/25/03 11:05 PM
This pipe shows considerable gains over the SHO style pipes. The equal Length is what alows teh exhaust gas to scavenge better by mixing instead of being forced into each other like the SHO pipe. The equal length also eliminates the drone the stock Y-pipe created. As far as back to back dyno from stock to Brullen, there haven't been any, but there have been consederable gains over the SHO pipes. Thanks
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/25/03 11:10 PM
so at least 10 whp....
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/25/03 11:18 PM
Dirrectly from the Perfromance Fords Web site:

Originally posted by Performance Fords:
Unfortunately at the time of our prototyping, our project SVT already had a modified y-pipe before testing of our new equal length downpipe was conducted. The modified downpipe had exhibited gains on the bottom end when we first dyno'ed that configuration. The dyno chart shown here shows that our equal length downpipe had additional gains of 4-7 ft-lbs of torque and 2-4 HP along the rev range up to 6000rpm. While we were not able to compare our new equal length downpipe to a stock down pipe, performance gains have been clearly identified.

Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/26/03 09:42 AM
ok, i left him a voicemail, i am in.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/26/03 03:56 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.Rick J G
9.mindtrip1016
10.97CS
11.jojolmnop
12.Axio
13.sonza68
14.newguysvt

Lets keep em commin guys. Thanks
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/26/03 04:41 PM
Ummmmm.... Don't forget me, myself and I.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/26/03 06:19 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.Rick J G
9.mindtrip1016
10.97CS
11.jojolmnop
12.Axio
13.sonza68
14.newguysvt
15.Ed98.5SVT

Ok guys This ends Monday, so if you want in PM me now.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/27/03 06:29 AM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.Rick J G
9.mindtrip1016
10.97CS
11.jojolmnop
12.Axio
13.sonza68
14.newguysvt
15.Ed98.5SVT
16.KuwlKitty
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/29/03 03:41 PM
SVTCuervo, the charge ( $315.00 ) hit my cc on 6/17.
A gentle reminder for shipping information, a shipping number, etc.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/29/03 10:06 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.Rick J G
9.mindtrip1016
10.97CS
11.jojolmnop
12.Axio
13.sonza68
14.newguysvt
15.Ed98.5SVT
16.KuwlKitty
17.black98.5svt

As I told ya'll before, when the pipes do ship(which is a garrantee for this week) you will be called and given a tracking number. I apologize for the wait as i was out all weekend. Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/30/03 04:42 PM
Ok guys, the Group Buy ends today. After today the price for these pipes will go up to the regular price of $335.

I'd like to thank everyone who got in on this and your pipes are shippin as we speak. Thanks and be expecting your tracking #'s soon. Thanks
Posted By: jojolmnop Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/30/03 06:53 PM
what? shipping now? sweet. can't wait to get my tracking number.
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/30/03 06:55 PM
Forgive my impatience.
This is the biggest mod I've pulled the trigger on.
Suddenly I'm 7 yrs. old.
"Whenzit gonna be my birthday??"
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 06/30/03 07:12 PM
Brullen has promised me all will be shipped this week. So get ready and remeber that for all those who haven't ordered, today is the last day for this Group Buy. Thanks
Posted By: mindtrip1016 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/01/03 08:23 AM
Brullen has promised me all will be shipped this week. So get ready and remeber that for all those who haven't ordered, today is the last day for this Group Buy. Thanks

Are you sure that ALL pipes will ship this week? Last I heard, the test pipe hadn't been shipped to Ov3n yet.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/01/03 12:27 PM

I hate being poor!
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/01/03 01:04 PM

Cuervo, any info on that test pipe? Thanks for all your work in getting this gb together.
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/02/03 05:28 PM
Brullen has promised me all will be shipped this week.

That's awesome news. Just in time for Cougarfest! Ill post as soon as I recieve mine.
Posted By: KuwlKitty Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/02/03 07:38 PM
I'm still waiting for a call back from Alesandsro! They must be on vacation or something this week.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/02/03 07:45 PM
The past several days have been Canadian Holidays and Alessondro was off. I spoke with him today and he has ancknowleged your emails and messages and will contact you shortly as everyone who called befor the 1st will be in at the GB price. Thanks
Posted By: KuwlKitty Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/02/03 07:47 PM
That is very groovy to know. Thanks man.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/02/03 08:04 PM

Cuervo, any info on that test pipe? Thanks for all your work in getting this gb together.

Yes I've just gotten off teh phone with him and if you want the test pipe, you'll need to pay an additional $35. But if you want it shipped with the pipe, you'll need to call him ASAP and get that worked out. He said that it would be fine, but He'll need to know before he ships your pipe later this week. Thanks
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/07/03 03:53 AM

Yes I've just gotten off teh phone with him and if you want the test pipe, you'll need to pay an additional $35. But if you want it shipped with the pipe, you'll need to call him ASAP and get that worked out. He said that it would be fine, but He'll need to know before he ships your pipe later this week. Thanks

I was out of town last week and just got back so I probably missed having this sent with my y-pipe. I will just wait and have it made at a local shop. Thanks though.
Posted By: mindtrip1016 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/10/03 01:00 PM
Well, has anyone received their pipes yet?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/10/03 01:39 PM
We've been shipping several out and some already have there tracking numbers. More will be shipped daily and tracking numbers will be sent out daily as well. Its been a long GB, but people should have there pipes any day now Thanks
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/13/03 05:12 AM
still nothin
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/13/03 02:29 PM
Since We took orders on Contour.org before NECO, then the Contour pipes will most probably be made before the cougar pipes. Production and shipping are going on as we speak and everyone should be getting their pipes soon. THanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/15/03 02:44 PM
Hey guys, I know it seems like nothing is goin on, but the thing is I can't post tracking #'s on the threads so I've been having to do it all through PM's and Email. Production is rolling very smoothly and all pipes should be out very soon. Sorry for the wait, but it will be well worth it. Thanks
Posted By: mrspindlelegs Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/18/03 01:23 PM
SVTCuervo,

Could you repost the pictures of the new Brullen Y-pipe? Everytime I've gone through the thread, past picture posts have expired and the "SP" website has never posted pictures either. I'll keep close watch and as soon as I see pictures posted here, I'll copy'n'paste them to a file on my computer.

I know I'm too late for the Group Buy but am seriously considering buying this item at a later date, regardless of the increased price.

Dave Keller
1995 Contour SE
1999 Contour SVT
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/18/03 06:37 PM
Originally posted by mrspindlelegs:
SVTCuervo,

Could you repost the pictures of the new Brullen Y-pipe? Everytime I've gone through the thread, past picture posts have expired and the "SP" website has never posted pictures either. I'll keep close watch and as soon as I see pictures posted here, I'll copy'n'paste them to a file on my computer.

I know I'm too late for the Group Buy but am seriously considering buying this item at a later date, regardless of the increased price.

Dave Keller
1995 Contour SE
1999 Contour SVT

The one pic still works for me.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/18/03 06:57 PM
Hey guys, We've been making pipes and giving tracking #'s and everything is goin smoothly. As far as pictures, here are some more of the same ones :

Thanks and We should be done with these pipes soon. Thanks
Posted By: mrspindlelegs Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/18/03 07:15 PM
SVTCuervo,

Thanks for reposting the pics!

Dave Keller
1995 Contour SE
1999 Contour SVT
Posted By: Blorton_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/21/03 08:33 PM
Sorry I missed it, but could someone please repost the pics or tell me where I can find them? I've searched both here and NECO and can't find any.

Did everyone in the group buy eventually get their pipes?

Dan
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/21/03 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Blorton:

Did everyone in the group buy eventually get their pipes?

Dan

Not yet. They are still being made/shipped I hear. I am hoping to get my tracking info any day now.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/22/03 05:37 PM
Hey guys I know its been a little while, but we are about half way through with all the shipping. When I call Brullen this afternoon, I should be getting about 6-8 more tracking numbers to contact you guys with. Its been a wait, but it will deffinately be worth it. I'll be contacting those I haven't already very soon with tracking #'s. Thanks
Posted By: ghodge_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/22/03 08:02 PM
Fedex shows my Y-pipe as having been delivered. I can't wait to get home now
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/22/03 08:43 PM
What's the word on a tracking number, SVTCuervo?
I'm sorry to say, but this is starting to try my patience.
I'm one of the first to order, one of the last to receive??
What's up with that?
Appreciate an update ASAP.

Again, as always, I extend my appreciation for you doing the GB.
Posted By: Blorton_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/22/03 08:54 PM
Once again, I'd sure like to see a pic of one of these, if anyone has saved a copy.

Thanks kindly,
Dan
Posted By: ghodge_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/23/03 12:25 AM
I got my Y-pipe in hand. I was 4th in line if that means anything. I might try to take some pictures and post them tonite or tomorrow.

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/23/03 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Blorton:
Once again, I'd sure like to see a pic of one of these, if anyone has saved a copy.

Blorton, I tried to PM you, but you arn't accepting them. I need to speak with you and if you could PM me I could help you out. Here are the pics:

Quote:

I got my Y-pipe in hand. I was 4th in line if that means anything. I might try to take some pictures and post them tonite or tomorrow.

Thats great man. As soon as I get mine installed, I'll post clips and pics. Keep us informed
Posted By: Blorton_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/23/03 06:52 PM
Alright! Thanks for the pics. It kinda looks like a scorpion...

Dan
Posted By: Blorton_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/23/03 06:55 PM
Kinda hard to tell from these pics, but there should be an O2 bung on the rear pipe. Is there?

Dan
- not new, just slower than forum upgrades
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/23/03 10:23 PM
MINES INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHen they say you can feel a difference they meen it. I hit the interstate and it just flew Great mod!!!!
Posted By: Arclight Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/23/03 10:37 PM
Cuervo,
Got mine today...thanks again for putting together this GB.

Question: Did you have any install issues, i.e. heating and bending, for the Y-pipe to fit correctly (like the Brullen exhaust)? I know Brullen/Perf Fords made an extra effort so this would not happen again.

Blorton: the O-2 bung is there on the side closest to the firewall.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/23/03 10:45 PM
NO probs at ALL. It fits like a glove and went on without all that much time and effort. But I recomned if your gonna do it your self, to burn a hole can of WD-40 on all the nuts you have to take off. I had Impact air tools, and it still was kind hard to remove the factory nuts. But just lube them up and go for it. Thanks
Posted By: ghodge_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/23/03 10:47 PM
SVTCuervo,

Did you end up putting any heat wrap on the pipe that comes close to the oil pan? How long did it take you to install it?
Do you feel any torque increases down low for city speed driving?

Thanks,
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/23/03 10:50 PM
I didn't put any heat wrap or anything on it. But you can feel the difference throughout the entire curve. And you'd can't believe how mcuh smoother everything is now. this is truely an amazing MUST DO mod.

As for time, I have a friend with a lift and air tools, and he let me use it. 30mins with lots of interuptions.
Posted By: ghodge_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/24/03 12:29 AM
I'm glad to hear that the Y-pipe is putting a smile on your face. I hope to get mine installed soon. Hopefully an electric impact wrench will be good enough along with some PB Blaster.

Have you noticed any difference in sound or any drone?
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/24/03 01:08 AM
is there a certain order these are being shipped in? are our tracking #s going to be PMed? im pretty anxious now and waiting....
Posted By: Andrew Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/24/03 04:48 AM
I agree with one of the posts above. I too was in on this very early, and haven't gotten a tracking number yet either. In retrospect, waiting this long just doesn't justify the price savings. Sorry for the sour grapes, but I think it's important you know the result of keeping this thing going so long.

Andrew
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/24/03 06:16 AM
Well guys several shipped today(like 8) and I haven't yet got the tracking #'s. Tommorow I will try with all my might to get those #'s to ya'll. And as for the waiting, i know it is frustrating, but we ran into several bumps along the way(developing a cougar Y-pipe on the same platform). I can assure you guys, after you install it, you'll know it was worth the wait. Thanks
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/24/03 05:19 PM
How much longer before any y-pipes trickle down to those of us on Neco?
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/24/03 05:51 PM
SVTCuervo:
OK, I'm trying to hang in there. Sorry for whining. Great to hear that it's worth it. I'm driving from SC to Montreal in three weeks (see the CHAMP--or CART or whatever they're calling that series this week--race) and definitely want the pipe on my 'Tour before I hit the road.
Any updates will be appreciated, and thanks again.
Posted By: ghodge_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/24/03 06:39 PM
SVTCuervo,

Any word on difference in sound/drone with your new Y-pipe?

Thanks
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/25/03 06:30 AM
Originally posted by ghodge:
SVTCuervo,

Any word on difference in sound/drone with your new Y-pipe?

Thanks

I have the Brullen Quiet Cat-Back and I i experienced a deepeer(not loader) but more refined sound. In other words, when taking off it sounds like a 8 made by god himself. I didn't expeiernce any DRONE or RASP as the equal lengthing eleminates ALL of that. It sounds AWESOME

But I've been in steady contact with Brullen everyday, and they have decided to knock all the pipes out ASAP. Many are in the mail, and the rest are comming right behind. Thanks and I'll be personally calling everyone ,who I haven't already, with you there tracking #'s. Thanks
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/29/03 11:55 AM
A shipment update for today, SVTCuervo?

Also, I'm looking for DEFINITIVE parts numbers for a Magnaflow resonator (regular 'Tour, no-SVT). I got the numbers below while searching the archives.

The SVT piping is 2.25" at that location; is the size the same for an SE, or is is smaller?

Magnaflow resonator 14415 has 2.25" inlet and outlet with a 2.5" core.
Magnaflow resonator 14414 has a 2" inlet and outlet with a 2.5" core.

Also, while looking at the resonator yesterday, it looks to be offset, while the above Magnaflow pieces are straight.

The archives also referenced a #12254 (2.0in) and #12255 (2.25in); these pieces are offset.

Any help, advice, suggestions, etc., is appreciated.
I need to order this ASAP.
Thanks in advance, folks.

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/30/03 06:10 AM
Update:

several shipped today, and I called them with their Tracking #'s. WE are almost done and if you havn't been you will be VERY soon. I apalogize for the wait guys, but since we decided to extend the Group Buy for Cougar guys it had to take longer. I never intended for the Group Buy to last this long and I can assure you my future Group Buys will not excede their dead lines. But its almost done and I'm very happy with the result people are getting. You'll know it was worth the wait when you install it. Thanks
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 07/31/03 08:13 PM
Ummmmm.... I don't want to miss the "call" for my tracking number, so are you just going to PM. I don't remember giving my number....But if I did, cool. any clue on where we are on shipping? every post is several shipped, but how many is several? and how many times can you ship several until you get to about 20....sorry, not being an ass. just asking, because a month ago it was "all ship this week" and a month later....thanx.
Posted By: jojolmnop Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/01/03 01:45 AM
same here. i'm kinda impatient about mine. i don't remember giving anyone my number either. can you just pm me my tracking number when it is sent?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/01/03 02:25 AM
Guys you have to understand I've done everything in my power to get these pipes out. I've called Brullen every single day for updates. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a great product, but the production time is not what I wanted. I had no idea it would take this long to get these out, but you can be sure I'm up their A$$ every day to hurry it up. This is a great product, but it seem to be very busy at Brullen right know. I'm not making any excuses. And I'll contact ya'll one way or another when I have your personal Tracking #. Again I apoplogize for this. THanks
Posted By: ghodge_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/01/03 03:13 AM
After almost a week after having my Brullen Y-pipe installed,
I'd like to relate my experiences,opinions,etc.

1) Power gains - The butt meter definitely registers an increase in torque throughout the rev range. The pipe is definitely well worth it for this reason in my opinion.

2) Sound - For me I experience some rasp when the car is first started and goes away within a couple of seconds. Definitely no drone at highway speeds. From the outside, the exhaust sounds slightly deeper to me. Besides the Y-pipe, my exhaust is stock.

3) Fit - the guy that installed mine had problems getting the pipe to line up correctly with the precats. We actually had to use a big pry bar to get things lined up so we could install the bolts. Although SVTCuervo's fit fine, I'm glad I didn't try to install it myself without a lift. To me it was well worth the $55 I paid to have it installed. Another issue was the nuts and bolts supplied with the pipe. While nice that they were stainless steel, the nuts wouldn't tighten very far on the bolts, even with airtools so we had to use another set.

4) Finish - I was not expecting the pipe to come painted and I was pleasantly suprised by the flat black color. We'll see how long it takes before things start getting rusty.

5) Misc comment - For a while, I would get the smell of burning plastic coming from underneath the car and at one point, I thought I saw smoke. I didn't know if maybe the slack in the O2 sensor wire had come loose and was touching the Y-pipe or if the smell was coming from the heating of the paint. After talking to SVTCuervo, he assured me that the smell was coming from the gaskets for the cat. Sure enough, the smell is going away over time to the point that I have to look under the car to smell it.

All in all, this was definitely a good mod and I put it up there with the Pro-M 75mm MAF as far as gains.

Once again, thanks SVTCuervo for putting this group buy together.
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/02/03 01:15 PM
Originally posted by MJF4:
A shipment update for today, SVTCuervo?

Also, I'm looking for DEFINITIVE parts numbers for a Magnaflow resonator (regular 'Tour, no-SVT). I got the numbers below while searching the archives.

The SVT piping is 2.25" at that location; is the size the same for an SE, or is is smaller?

Magnaflow resonator 14415 has 2.25" inlet and outlet with a 2.5" core.
Magnaflow resonator 14414 has a 2" inlet and outlet with a 2.5" core.

Also, while looking at the resonator yesterday, it looks to be offset, while the above Magnaflow pieces are straight.

The archives also referenced a #12254 (2.0in) and #12255 (2.25in); these pieces are offset.

Any help, advice, suggestions, etc., is appreciated.
I need to order this ASAP.
Thanks in advance, folks.

Let me rephrase....
GHodge states that everything else on his exhaust is stock.
Q1: In addition to this Y-Pipe, what other mods has anyone done, especially to the exhaust resonator?

GHodge also mentions a little bit of "warmup rasp".
Q2:Could this be resonator-related (there's a better flow to the resonator from the new Y-Pipe)?
Posted By: LBVSVT_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/02/03 03:18 PM
The res I have is 14215 and is almost exactly the same size as the stock res. It's not offset like the stocker, but it shouldn't be an issue for any shop.
Posted By: Freakshow Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/02/03 04:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong (cause I usually am) but aren't the exhaust pipes for a non svt smaller in diameter? IIRC SVT exhaust is 2.25" and non svt is 2" so the res we've got won't fit a non svt without some additional work.
Posted By: LBVSVT_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/03/03 01:43 AM
You're correct on the SVT ... the SE I'm not sure about. Either way, I'd think a good shop could weld a reducer to each end to make it work with your pipe.
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/03/03 11:29 AM
LBVSVT, thanks for the feedback, I'll look at that model (14215).
Anyone else?
Can anyone confirm the size difference in the pipes (SVT = 2.25" ; SE = 2) and any other models of resonators folks have installed, and with what results?

Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/03/03 01:42 PM
And the y-pipe is 2.25?
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/03/03 06:05 PM
LBVSVT, thanks for the feedback, I'll look at that model (14215).
Anyone else?
Can anyone confirm the size difference in the pipes (SVT = 2.25" ; SE = 2) and any other models of resonators folks have installed, and with what results?

V6 non-SVT is 2" piping from the cat-back. SVT is 2.25" You will want to put in a 2.25" in/out resonator if you have an SVT. The big restriction on the resonator with the SVT is that it is the same one they put on regular v6's. So the piping necks down at that point.

The Y-pipes for an SVT and a regular V6 are identical except the SVT Y has a 2.25" flange for the cat-back whereas the "regular" Y has a 2" flange.
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/04/03 03:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys.
Non-SVT pipe = 2.0 in.

Next question : how long should the replacement resonator be? Using the Magnaflow numbers for examples::

#14414 is 20" (14" body)
#12254 is 24" (18" body)

Now if only the Y-pipe would get here.

Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/04/03 03:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys.
Non-SVT pipe = 2.0 in.

Next question : how long should the replacement resonator be? Using the Magnaflow numbers for examples::

#14414 is 20" (14" body)
#12254 is 24" (18" body)

Now if only the Y-pipe would get here.

The longer the better to tame rasp and drone. Get the longest one you can fit in there. I had an 18" on my old SVT exhaust and it did its job well. I had the stock Y on though.....
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/05/03 11:21 PM
so...any updates on shipping yet. I see there has been a Quaife group buy started, but not everyone in this one has heard anything about their y pipe.....
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/05/03 11:27 PM
Originally posted by newguysvt:
so...any updates on shipping yet. I see there has been a Quaife group buy started, but not everyone in this one has heard anything about their y pipe.....

Don't forget the Spec Group Buy as well lol.

But to cut to the facts..... I hate the way this has gone under my name guys. I would never have done business this way. Brullen makes some of the BEST products, but they are just toooo damn slow. I'll have your updates as soon as i get them. Thanks
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/07/03 08:52 PM
Ordered:
1.NJE96SE
2.MJF4
3.NeilsCougar
4. Arclight
5. ghodge
6. Andrew
8.Rick J G
9.mindtrip1016
10.97CS
11.jojolmnop
12.Axio
13.sonza68
14.newguysvt
15.Ed98.5SVT
16.KuwlKitty
17.black98.5svt

As I told ya'll before, when the pipes do ship( which is a garrantee for this week ) you will be called and given a tracking number. I apologize for the wait as i was out all weekend. Thanks

Who off of this ordered list has received their y-pipe? Please post so I know I am not getting scammed. I am really beginning to wonder if mine (order #1) will ever arrive, especially since there have been so many promises of shipment in the past and still nothing (sorry Cuervo, but it's true). I would just like to know what is going on and get a straight story for once. Please don't say they will ship just to appease us, that is insulting. How many y-pipes have actually been made? How many shipped?

I am just frustrated with this whole gb.
Posted By: jojolmnop Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/07/03 09:01 PM
i still have yet to get any word on mine. what number are they on? what's the queue? i'm just really anxious about this and want to get it soon.
Posted By: KuwlKitty Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/08/03 01:18 AM
Just to let you know I haven't received mine yet.

Bad group buy, bad.
Posted By: black98.5svt Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/08/03 10:49 PM
Neither have I fellas, neither have I.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/09/03 02:14 AM
ditto on that note.....
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/09/03 11:29 AM
Waiting.
Sorry, SVTCuervo; don't mean to gang up on you.
I appreciate that if this was strictly your business operation, you wouldn't leave your customers hanging.
However, I make it a half-dozen from 18 that haven't received their pipes. My plans to have it installed before my vacation are by the books, and I gave it plenty of lead time (I paid for the pipe in June). I still have great confidence that the pipe will be a fine mod, but sheesh, I'm pissed about this.

Ooops.
Checked my inbox, I have a tracking number.
Sorry.
Never mind.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/13/03 01:14 AM
any updates yet?
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/14/03 01:55 AM
Cougar owners have no news... we get our pipes last because of the whole '01 sensor bung thing. Even those of us who own '99 and '00 cougars still have to wait. Im gonna cry if I get mine and in all the confusion it was modified for use on an '01
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/14/03 01:57 AM
Ok guys I spoke briefly with Brullen today and 5-7 of them shipped today. I didn't get a chance to call back for tracking number, but that should be the rest if not close to the rest of everyone. I'll try to get those numbers to ya'll tommorow through PM. thanks
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/15/03 08:44 AM
any updates involving mine?.....
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/15/03 11:25 AM
Yesterday when I spoke with him he said yes I have the tracking #'s. So I said email them to me since there are many. Haven't recieved the email yet so I'll be giving him a call later today and getting those over the phone I'm sure, so guys be waiting for them in your PM's. Thanks
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/16/03 08:25 PM
Got my pipe Thursday.
Leaving for vacation, will install it early September.
Hope y'alls arrive shortly.
Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/18/03 08:13 AM
Got mine friday.
Here are some pix of it.

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/18/03 12:16 PM
OK well obviously Brullen was closed this weekend so I was never able to get back in touch with them. But I know for sure that lots of them shipped last week so this week get ready for delivery even if you don't have a tracking #. Thanks
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/22/03 05:49 AM
any updates.....?
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/26/03 02:00 AM
anybody else still waiting? i know i am......
Posted By: jojolmnop Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/26/03 06:17 PM
already on three months and no word, no tracking number, nothing. some people seem to have theirs from the last list i have seen.
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/26/03 06:33 PM
Got mine friday.
Here are some pix of it.

The "180" bend in the rear doesnt look mandrel..its looks chopped up bad and welded together.. I would expect more from Brullen.

and there also seems to be a reduction "kink" after the collector and before the "movement sleave" sorry I forgot the name..

eric
Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/26/03 06:44 PM
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:
Got mine friday.
Here are some pix of it.

The "180" bend in the rear doesnt look mandrel..its looks chopped up bad and welded together.. I would expect more from Brullen.

and there also seems to be a reduction "kink" after the collector and before the "movement sleave" sorry I forgot the name..

eric

Recently, it's been a scarcity to see you say anything good about anything. DMD, now this. Anything you actually like?
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/26/03 06:55 PM

Recently, it's been a scarcity to see you say anything good about anything. DMD, now this. Anything you actually like?

Yes as a matter of fact, I love my Brullen exhaust even though with very minor fitment issues.. nothing like what others experienced though.. but for looks and power.. yippee..
like my Unorthodox UDP
like my CAI with AFE
like my sho y pipe

but most of all I like my FIDANZA.. best mod so far..

oh yea.. I also like my apexi..
Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/26/03 07:28 PM
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:

Yes as a matter of fact, I love my Brullen exhaust even though with very minor fitment issues.. nothing like what others experienced though.. but for looks and power.. yippee..
like my Unorthodox UDP
like my CAI with AFE
like my sho y pipe

but most of all I like my FIDANZA.. best mod so far..

oh yea.. I also like my apexi..

Hah, good to hear.
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/28/03 05:36 AM
I would like to say I got mine but I can't because I haven't. I'll give it till September 10th before I start processing requests for a refund.

Cuervo, I know its not your fault and I hate to start coming down on anyone but its been nearly 2 whole months since the group buy ended, and even longer since I payed... Id be lying if I said I had no reservations. Supposedly these were 'in production' the week after the GB ended, and I just cant see it taking 2 months for a small group of people to bang out less than 20 down pipes.

If someone asked me if I wanted $326 or a Y pipe for my cougar id say Ill take the Y-Pipe... I just want a straight answer from Brullen on seriously how much longer its going to take. There have already been 3 'I really hope i get it before then' situations.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/28/03 11:09 AM
Hey guys I'm couldn't agree more. They have said the same crap for the past 2 months. I've called them nearly everyday since this thing started and I've gotten the same answers. I've told them about all the complaints. I can stand behind the product, but not the survice I'll be having a seriouse talk with THE OWNER today and we'll see how this all plays out and what answers I get today. You people have been beyond patient, this is just not acceptable. I'll let you guys know what happens today. Thanks
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 08/30/03 07:04 PM
so what happened?
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/01/03 04:57 AM
I would like to say I got mine but I can't because I haven't. I'll give it till September 10th before I start processing requests for a refund.

Cuervo, I know its not your fault and I hate to start coming down on anyone but its been nearly 2 whole months since the group buy ended, and even longer since I payed... Id be lying if I said I had no reservations. Supposedly these were 'in production' the week after the GB ended, and I just cant see it taking 2 months for a small group of people to bang out less than 20 down pipes.

If someone asked me if I wanted $326 or a Y pipe for my cougar id say Ill take the Y-Pipe... I just want a straight answer from Brullen on seriously how much longer its going to take. There have already been 3 'I really hope i get it before then' situations.

I'm in the same boat. There have been several situations where I would have liked to have had the y-pipe and it has not arrived. Too many times I have waited around on a Friday afternoon before going out of town to see if my y-pipe would show up only to be disappointed. There have been too many broken promises, and I feel like I am being dumped on. If my y-pipe has not been delivered by Septmember 10, I want a full refund. I have waited long enough I am tired of it. I know you are not to blame Cuervo, it is Brullen.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/02/03 02:24 AM
Hey guys, do what ya'll gotta do. I'm sick of the crap as well. I've been trying to contact Brullen for a couple days now with no response(thats why I haven't heard whats goin on up there). But of course I'll be trying again tommorow and seeing what they have to say. I'll definately make them aware of this. Thanks
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/02/03 11:08 PM
Well, after slowly dragging myself out the door to run some errands, depressed because I had no y pipe , I was coming home to kill myself, because I had no y pipe , and I saw 2 angels come down from above. They slowly descended and one came about 6 inches away from my face, innocently looked into my eyes, reached around the back of my head, and fiercely slammed forehead to mine . When I awoke, I walked up to my doorstep and a gift from someone named Brullen of Canada was lying there. Yes, it was my y pipe. So I proceeded to frolick and play in the flowers.
In other words, I finally got mine. Yay. I will definitely have to clean it up before the install, as it has black soot and residue along the inside of the pipes, but that's fun anyway. I hope everyone else gets theirs soon.
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/02/03 11:45 PM
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
I proceeded to frolick and play in the flowers.

Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/03/03 04:29 AM
i like to frolick and prance around like a little girl sometimes.

just kidding of course.
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/04/03 04:45 AM
Anyone else received their pipe this week?
Posted By: jojolmnop Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/04/03 06:46 PM
not i. what's the order of this? i just want to know where i stand on any priority list.
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/04/03 07:33 PM
I just got off the phone with Alessandro and he told me my pipe had shipped a while ago. He gave me the tracking no. and I checked it out on FedEx.com. It turns out it shipped on August 15, and is scheduled to be delivered September 8. That seems like a really long time, but maybe there are a bunch of them en route right now...maybe. Just thought some of you still waiting might like to hear that.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/04/03 07:59 PM
Yeah Canadian mail is slow
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/05/03 12:34 AM
true, actually... I bought my SVT uim/tb from someone in canada and it took like 4 weeks. 4 weeks however is half as long as the Y is taking.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/10/03 01:26 AM
why did they not send me enough bolts to do the job? Also, I'm in a panic state right now because I do not even think my pipe fits! When I bolt in the rear bank pipe, the front one is not even close to lining up to the other manifold, it is half on half off. are there any suggestions or tricks I should know that make it fit right? Is there a difference in shape AT ALL between SVT and Cougar pipes? Mine looks just like the one posted a couple pages back. Please help.
Posted By: 97CS Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/10/03 01:44 AM
Canadian mail is SOOO SLOOOOW!
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/10/03 04:51 AM
BEHOLD!

i actually got the thing. the one tight bend looks a wee bit chunky... ill see about fitment this friday.
Posted By: jojolmnop Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/10/03 01:23 PM
finally got mine yesterday. will attempt to install this weekend. hopefully, it'll fit right. took forever and a day but i'm finally happy.
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/10/03 03:23 PM
Mine arrived yesterday as well. Having a shop put mine on after my experience with the cat-back.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/10/03 06:47 PM
FINALLY. They have finally begun to arrive. So far everyone has had a perfect fit except one(JonnySVT). Everyone please fit these and if you have any problems with fitment(which i pray you don't), CALL BRULLEN OR ALESONDRO immediatly. Guys i hope everything works out for ya'll and I hope ya'll enjoy the power these pipes produce. Thanks
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/11/03 03:59 AM
I also received my pipe today. I must say, I am a little worried about that part that wraps around 180° with all the welds. Some of the pipe pieces look out of line - its not real smooth-looking...

Anyway I plan to install this weekend. I hope, no I pray it fits right.

Thank you SVTCuervo for your work in this gb and for dealing so graciously with frustrated customers (like me for example).
Posted By: ghodge_dup1 Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/11/03 05:13 AM
SVTCuervo,

Also count me as one whose y-pipe fit was not perfect. It took some considerable pry bar persuasion to get it in.
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/11/03 07:24 AM
Originally posted by ghodge:
SVTCuervo,

Also count me as one whose y-pipe fit was not perfect. It took some considerable pry bar persuasion to get it in.

True ... The rear exhaust manifold mated up perfectly but then the pipe for the front was about a half inch too short. i dont quite care to remember exactly how i got it to fit, but i did, and its leaking somewhere... probably at that front part. It sucks they didnt include the hardware for the front flange, because i came up with the bright idea to start the project at my friends house Wednesday evening and unable to go buy proper hardware i had to cloodge it up pretty bad. You cannot use the old studs, since they remove with the flange attached to the stock Y, duh
They only supply you with what is needed to piece the removable cat to the y, and what was shipped wasnt even usable. Just making sure DIY'ers buy a complete fresh set of new stainless 15mm hardware with thick washers. The ones packaged were 2 bolts, 2 nuts and 2 thin thin washers that crushed at the lightest touch and no lock washers.

That being said,

The thing weighs Nothing in comparison to the whole stock unit, and visually side by side its obvious that what youre putting up flows drastically better than the stock setup... evein with the chunky bend IMO.

im not sure if it changed the sound of the car much. I think it does but i cant pinpoint it since its still leaking (till tomorrow).

undeniable improvment in performance. I did NOT reset my ECU. Much more sub-3.5k rpm torque and much stronger throughout the rest. It makes me wish I had SVT cams cuz i can really feel now when the normal ones run out of power at like 6.1k. On the motor I had an intake, catback and then most recently the SVT Uim/Tb and this is yeilding much more than what the svt parts did.

All in all im happy. I feel more proud about my accomplishment experiences between me and my car, and its been so long since i ordered it doesnt really feel like I spent $300
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/11/03 08:43 AM
it sounds like neilscougar had the same problem as me. but i am not willing to pry it into place. it is rubbing on some steel lines, i think coolant lines, and i think they might be in the way for my misaligned one to fit...i will contact brullen by email, then by phone, and see what they have to offer. the hardware thing sucks too. not only did i spend 7.00 on bolts that i can not use, but i am spending 33 dollars on a stock bolt that was stripped in the process of getting it off. it is the bolt that goes from the y to the cat with the whole spring and pin assembly. 33 bux, and that is with a discount! This whole thing is starting to jerk me. Nothing aimed at SVTCuervo of course, he has helped me as much as he can by now.
Posted By: NJE96SE Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/12/03 04:32 AM
Has anyone used header wrap for the y part of the pipe? Is it necessary or beneficial?
Posted By: NeilsCougar Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/12/03 10:45 PM
dont really see how it would help, the piping is farther away from the oil pan than the exhaust manifolds
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Y-Pipe Brullen - 09/14/03 02:31 PM
Y-Pipe is installed. I am glad I didn't attempt it myself because the guy at the shop said it was a pain for him and he had access to a lift and power tools. He had to heat the front studs to get the nuts off. Anyway....

Very noticeable gains. I would say I can feel the difference even more so than the cat back. The low end torque that was lost with the cat back has been restored and then some. The car also pulls harder throughout the rev range. It will be interesting to see what the dyno god says..

Sound is deeper and has more burble to it. I think it sounds nice, but it is on the loud side. I have had a lot of people snap their head around at WOT.

Great performance value for the money. The only thing I don't like is the pieced together bank.
Posted By: NJE96SE Y-Pipe DOES NOT FIT - 09/14/03 10:47 PM
Add me to the list of people with fitment issues. I think I have the same problem as JohnnySVT. If I attach it to the front manifold the rear is off by about 1" and the 180° segment is resting on the oil pan plug bolt. If I install the back first, the front part is resting tightly against the front of the oil pan.

Honestly, I am not suprised. It seems you are in the minority if your pipe is a direct swap, no probs. So now I am going to have to go to a shop first thing monday morning, spend more money, and see if they can get it too fit. I hope I don't get an exhaust ticket on the way over (no exhaust past to stock manifolds = very loud).

SVTCuervo, will I be reimbursed for having to go to a shop to make this fit?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Brullen Y-pipe - 09/14/03 11:04 PM
Add me to the list of people with fitment issues. I think I have the same problem as JohnnySVT. If I attach it to the front manifold the rear is off by about 1" and the 180° segment is resting on the oil pan plug bolt. If I install the back first, the front part is resting tightly against the front of the oil pan.

Honestly, I am not suprised. It seems you are in the minority if your pipe is a direct swap, no probs. So now I am going to have to go to a shop first thing monday morning, spend more money, and see if they can get it too fit. I hope I don't get an exhaust ticket on the way over (no exhaust past to stock manifolds = very loud).

SVTCuervo, will I be reimbursed for having to go to a shop to make this fit?

Guys you will have to talk to Brullen and Alessondro. I've tried to contact Brullen and Alex with no luck for the past couple of weeks, but I've been very busy as well. From the pics of some of ya'll pipes, i see that the U-bend is too square. It looks nothing like the first couple of batches of pipes that went out. I'll have some free time tommorow and try to get ahold of Brullen to see what they will do to fix this problem. I hope this works out well for ya'll and I'm happy to hear that some of you could fit the pipes and how ya'll liked the power gains as I did.
Posted By: NJE96SE Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/16/03 03:41 PM
So after trying to install the y-pipe myself and finding it did not fit, I brought it to a shop and explained the problem. The service guy told me that if it does not line up just right, then it won't work. He would not try to pry it into place. Basically he told me it was a defective part if it did not line up.

I just looked at Brullen's website. It says quality materials combined with "continuous quality control inspections, provides products which surpass the expectations of our customers." My expectations have not been met, not even close. I hope they will stand behind their product and provide me with a solution. Refund or new product. In the mean time, my car sounds like crap because there are exhaust leaks caused by removing the old stuff.

Needless to say, I am very frustrated.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/16/03 03:52 PM
Ugh. Brullen's batting 0 for two in group buys
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/16/03 04:00 PM
welcome to my world, i just thought i was crazy since i was the first to not fit. i emailed allesondro last thursday and he said he was visiting Brullen later that day and he would get back to me shortly....almost a week and 2 emails later, no response yet.
Posted By: 97CS Re: Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/16/03 04:06 PM
I'm leaving to attempt to get mine installed here in 45 minutes. I will be quite disturbed and irritated if it doesn't work, after waiting so long for the GB to get going, getting the money for it, then waiting 3 weeks to a month for it to arrive.
Posted By: 97CS Re: Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/16/03 09:08 PM
Welp, no thanks to the design of the y-pipe, it's on. If it weren't for the greatest, nicest, most cooperative exhaust worker/mechanic in the entire KC area, it wouldn't have been possible. In the end, he had to cut off about 6 inches of the y-pipe on the long side, to be able to weld another pipe in there so that it'd all connect. He had the right tools, he had the skill, I couldn't have asked for a better man to do the job. I thank him very much for that, and after it all, he charged me a measily $50. For the work he did, the tools he used, the parts he gave me, it was easily a $100 job. Perhaps he saw the anger, despair, and frustration on my face when he lined up the pipe and showed me the 2 inch gap. After a little customization, the pipe was aligned and had about 3-4 inches of new piping connecting the y-pipe to the pre-cat. At least the other part lined up. One of them had to I suppose. From there, it wasn't too bad. The cat was rubbing up against the bottom of the car a bit, so he put a little rubber stopper inbetween it and the car, then went on to weld the end of the cat (couldn't use the flange because I already have the SVT cat-back on there) to where the resonator would be (don't have one, soon to be a glasspack). In the end, I had no leaks, everything was sealed up tight, and I tell ye what. If anyone is ever in the KC area and needs exhaust work done. I won't hesitate one split second to go to this guy. He's amazing. But that's a little off subject. Basically, the y-pipe was way off, like I said, about 2 inches on one of the flanges. I was quite frustrated when he initally put it up to my car and showed me the #%&^ up. To the un-trained eye, there was no way in hell that was gonna fit. He made it fit. Thank god. As far as the actual pipe and cat, I noticed what I think is a bit of a power gain. I can't be sure because I'm really bad at the whole butt dyno thing. The best I can describe it, is the car feels a bit more free. Doesn't feel like it lags as much at higher rpms and all. As far as the sound, it has a nice growl, from what I can hear. I still haven't heard it from the outside. Keep in mind, the y-pipe and cat is coupled with no resonator, which I will soon fix, as I said, with putting a glasspack in there. Because of having no resonator, there's a lot of rasp at high rpms when the engine is cold, and a little normally. I'm rather positive that's not because of the y-pipe and cat though. Add a glasspack to that and I imagine I'll have one scary sounding Contour.

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, I won't be doing business with Brullen for a while unless they can somehow convince me otherwise and regain my trust. It's ridiculous how far off the pipe was to fitting. Luckily, I had the right man to do the job.

P.S. Thanks for your hard work on this GB Cuervo. I don't think you should worry about contacting Brullen concering these design flaws, let the people who have them contact them. That way, they can better express their anger towards them about this. I know I will.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/17/03 03:31 AM

P.S. Thanks for your hard work on this GB Cuervo. I don't think you should worry about contacting Brullen concering these design flaws, let the people who have them contact them. That way, they can better express their anger towards them about this. I know I will.

Hey man I appreciate everyone for how they have handled this. I wouldn't have been so nice. I hope everything goes well for everyone. Thanks
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/19/03 08:54 PM
does anybody know a better or more successful way of at least contacting these guys?! I have emailed several times and left a voicemail at PF, I also PM'd Bradness(co-owner of PF) to no avail. This seems to be the way it always is on internet sales lately. I have bought 4 thing so far that I need to talk to the company about or did not receive my product at all, and nobody ever responds back at all!! The others are no big deal, but this one is 300 dollars and a long wait!! This whole thing is getting ridiculous. Anybody? Cuervo?
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/20/03 04:57 AM
I don't wanna step on anyones toes, but I'm gonna have to do this:

Brullen Exhaust = 905-415-7733

I've tried to get ahold of them for about a month now, but my new schedula isn't making this easy.
Posted By: MJF4_dup1 Re: Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/20/03 05:51 PM
I certainly don't want the folks who are feeling bad about the pipe to feel worse; if you nice people like your car nearly as much as I like mine I know you must be punch-the-wall frustrated, and I feel your pain.

That said, here's a success story....

My pipe was professionally installed for a very reasonable $50. Whole process didn't take 70 minutes. I handed the keys over @ 08:10, hung around, walked out for coffee, and when I walked back @ 09:20, my 'Tour was sitting in the parking lot.

The arms of the Y went on seamlessly; my guy made a small adjustment (OK, he bent the existing pipe, not the Brullen pipe, and only just a hair) to line up at the back. No exhaust leaks, no muss or fuss.

Sound difference: Imperceptible (my installer mentioned that immediately). No rasp on warmup, no drone at street or freeway speeds. This is the only exhaust mod I've done; I'm still considering changing the resonator to a Magnaflow (installer insisted that I get an offset, not a straight-thru, and he's the boss.) The stock res looks to be a hair over 19".

Performance : Boy, howdy.
Definitely more oomph under 3.5K rpm, and lots more fun when floored in 3rd gear.
I hit one of my favorite on-ramps, wrapped it to 6K, and closed on merging traffic quicker than I expected. Very pleased.

I'm a "green" person (I recycle everything!); one of the reasons I like this car is its good performance while still getting good gas mileage (it's averaged a very decent 25 mpg).
I will be checking the next few tankfuls post-pipe installation to see what's what in that department.

Again, thanks to SVTCuervo for the work. Great mod.
Hoping it works our for the everyone else.
Thanks again for all suggestions-advice-data on pipe size, resonator-replacement models, etc.
I'll be checking the thread, hoping for more good news from the group.
Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/21/03 05:05 AM
Well i tried to install my ypipe today, but since my car is highly resistant to mods, i havent even made it far enough to remove the stock y, yet.

first, one of the nuts holding the y to the rear manifold siezed up, and the bolt snapped when i got impatient with it... this is not good, as the bolt is pressed into the flange on the exhaust manifold...

and secondly, one of the nuts holding the catback exhaust to the ypipe is rounded off... and i cant get it off.. i tried tightening a vicegrips as tight as i could on the nut and tried getting it off that way, but no luck. i'll have to drill it out i guess.

I did line everything up under the car, and all seemed to line up decently. the bend in the rear bank of the brullen does look like itll come super close to hitting the oilpan drain plug... thats gonna be a beyyyotch if i have to take the ypipe off everytime i wanna change the oil.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/23/03 11:09 PM
Well, good news has arrived through Allesondro finally. He said they will ship me a replacement pipe and I will just ship my old pipe to a warehouse in CA somewhere. Sounds good to me, I just hope the next one fits. He said it was most likely due to the guy that usually did the pipes left and the newer guy must have not done it exactly right.
Posted By: jojolmnop Re: Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/30/03 08:38 PM
man, what an install. mine was a little off so i had an exhaust leak all due to a busted stud. i had to go to a shop and have them torch it off yet they eventually did some work on it and got it to be a flush.

definitely reduced the rasp i had with my gutted precats and pacesetter exhaust. as for more power, i guess i can feel it a little but nothing too big to jump up and down about.

so what did a walk away with, a nicer sound, a minor increase in power yet compared with the stock ypipe, a nice weight reduction as well. i guess it was an alright purchase. now to get rid of this exhaust and get a trubendz one.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Brullen Y-Pipe DEFECTIVE? - 09/30/03 11:56 PM
i don't know about the cougar, but i weighed the differences before attempting the install and the stocker was only like 2 or 3 pounds heavier. It feels heavy, but not much of a difference there. now i'm still waiting on my replacement......
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Brullen Y-Pipe...old SVT Y-Pipe - 10/09/03 04:45 PM
Anybody want to let go of their factory SVT Y-Pipe please let me know. I'm looking for one to optimize without having to take my car off the road while I mess around with it.

Send me a PM...by the way I'm in Maryland...if anybody has one near would be preferable but will pay shipping from pretty much anywhere in the US if necessary.

Thanks,
Scott
© CEG Archives