Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Stazi Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/14/03 07:02 PM
Ok, so my brake supplier can get the Contour, Cougar, Mystique front camber kits for excellent prices better than the suppliers that are selling them now.

Quote:

Now you can bring the front camber and caster back into specs with this new adjustable strut mount. Simply replace the original upper strut mount with the kit and rotate the adjustable plate to bring your alignment back to OE specs. Future adjustments can be made without removing the strut. One kit covers one side of the vehicle.

Estimated Installation Time - 1.2 hr/side

APPLICATIONS:
Ford: 1995 & up Contour.
Mercury: 1995 & up Cougar, 1995 & up Mystique.

$68 per kit, shipped (2 kits are required to do both front struts) if I can get an order of 20 kits (enough for 10 cars). I want to get an order in within the next two weeks, so post here if you're in. Payments will be accepted either through PayPal(with a $3 service charge for each kit, $6 for a pair) or by sending me a Money Order.

Install these to get rid of the excessive camber you get from lowering (inherent with Macpherson strut suspensions) and almost eliminate the premature inner edge tire wear that comes with lowering!

Oh and in case you're wondering, yes, brakes are still available for all years of Contours, Cougars and Mystiques, so PM me if you're interested.
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/14/03 07:06 PM
I'm in...
Posted By: wavrdr_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/14/03 07:50 PM
Sounds good Stazi!
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/14/03 07:54 PM
The "other" guys want $75 each PLUS shipping! So you are saving a bunch (At least $15 per kit, $30 off a pair)

I am obviously getting one set myself. so we need another 7 people in on a pair of kits.

Also tell any Cougar guys you know about this.

And finally, I can get Focus front and rear camber kits too, cheaper than anywhere else. So if you know of any Focus guys want camber kits, direct them to me.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/14/03 08:17 PM
Anyone reading this thread...
BUY THIS KIT!!!
My car had serious issues with camber with GC's down halfway, and the "other" kit corrected it with room to spare. Great price too.
Your welcome stazi...
Ken
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/14/03 10:04 PM
i will pick a set up........
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/14/03 11:28 PM
I'm in for two kits. These seem like pretty cheap insurance against tire wear. I am expecting a little over an inch lowering with my Eibachs. Anastazi can you post the alignment setting you are going to use with these?
Posted By: sordz_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/14/03 11:30 PM
I may be in as well how soon do you need to know for sure
Posted By: SVTweeter_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/15/03 12:14 AM
Will these work for me if I have a set of ground control coil-overs and koni adjustable struts. Jared.
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/15/03 12:29 AM
How much shipped to Canada?
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/15/03 02:17 AM
I'm in, PM me when you're ready to receive money.
Posted By: BSVT_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/15/03 11:46 AM
add me !
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/15/03 03:44 PM
In for 2 kits. I think that brings us to 6 people. We need 4 more. COME ON GUYS!!!
Posted By: PXRacing Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/15/03 06:14 PM
Well my baby boy's tonka truck seems to be getting excessive wear 'everywhere' on the front and back tires so I was thinking of getting 4 kits!!! Come to find out, there aint no shocks on that puppy, Damn plastic tires

Welp I guess in that case I'll just pk up 2kits for my SIKFAS SVT.....count me in STAZ
Posted By: PXRacing Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/15/03 06:17 PM
Oh and STAZ, as you know I'm in Hawaii, so you think that you folks can cover the portion of the shipping already taken care of and whatever excess that remains to be covered I will pay for that part. Can you ship FedEx???

If so you can ship mine Ground Service to me
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/16/03 02:29 AM
Just a few more guys! Let do this.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/17/03 02:11 AM
You do have to remove your springs and struts to do this no?
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/17/03 02:38 AM
I belive you will because this replaces the upper strut mount and unless you have coilvers you will require the use of a spring compressor to do so
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/17/03 01:49 PM
As I said on the other post, I'm in.

Rick
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/17/03 04:48 PM
Ok, we have enought to order.
For canadian shipments it's a $15 surcharge, and Micah, for Hawaii it's $20 more.

I ship everything with Fed Ex Ground (with insurance).

You can pay me with PayPal using my email address: anastazi.sarigiannis@aam.com and it will be $142 (plus shipping surcharges, if applicable).

Otherwise you can send me a money order for $136 (plus shipping surcharges, if applicable) to:

Anastazi Sarigiannis
246 W Lafayette St
Romeo MI

These will work with any suspension setup, either stock or with GC, lowering springs, etc.

These require you to remove the struts from the car in order to replace the stock spring hat. GC owners can do it with the strut in the car by dropping the spring to the lowest setting to allow you to compress the strut enough in the car to remove the strut spring hat, in situ, and replace it with the camber kit.

Here is the list of people who are in the GB, that I have complied:

Myself
Buckshot
Trapps (from suspension forum)
timeless420
Quicksilver
PXRacing
BSVT
MarkusSVT
dion
SVTweeter
sordz
JEDsContour
wavrdr
mcgainer

If you don't want to stay in the GB, PM me and let me know. Otherwise, please send me you payments with returns addresses attached, ASAP.
Thank you.
Posted By: PXRacing Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/17/03 08:10 PM
Staz I'll mail you a Cashiers Cheque for $156, Thanks
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/18/03 12:21 AM
is it still too late to get in on this, also will an allignment shop know how to put these on and adjust them for teh proper camber setting.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/18/03 02:28 AM
i'm in for 2 kits. so we can paypal now.

same question: will my regular mechanic know how to adjust these if i give him the settings.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/19/03 02:05 AM
will an omp FSTB still fit around these?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/19/03 03:59 PM
I would think so as it's designed to fall into the stock sizing.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/19/03 04:02 PM
An aligment shop can easily adjust them. It's just a matter of loosening the top nut, then inserting a rachet into the square slot and rotating the hat until it puts the angle of the strut in the right position. Then tighten the nut and your done!

guys, I really need you to send PAyPal payments, or let me your mailing me a MO, ASAP, so I can order these as soon as possible and thus get you your parts without the usual GB delays.
Posted By: SeiCoRacing_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/19/03 07:35 PM
FWIW Dept: I've had these in my 98 autoX-er/Time Trialer since last year. Setting camber & caster was a breeze!
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/19/03 10:12 PM
<----- Paid
Posted By: sordz_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/19/03 11:54 PM
guys im not trying to fowl up this group buy or anything, well maybe i shouldnt even say anything but if you want to save $3 then these kits are on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2407905657&category=33581

Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/20/03 06:13 AM
Originally posted by sordz:
guys im not trying to fowl up this group buy or anything, well maybe i shouldnt even say anything but if you want to save $3 then these kits are on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2407905657&category=33581

Man, don't do that...

BTW, Stazi I just sent funds through PayPal... Can't wait man, and thanks so much for hooking us up!
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/20/03 01:17 PM
Originally posted by sordz:

OK, instead of buying therough a devoted CEGer who has brought you so many different things in the past, (How-To's for doing your suspension, S-AFC, Magnaflow components, Brake GB's, and bringing you the Aussie Bar). You undermine me for $3. Thanks!

For the rest of you unfazed by this. Please send you payment ASAP. I am going to order the 20 kits today, and seeing as they come out of Minnesota, I should get them pretty quick to ship out to you.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/20/03 08:07 PM
I put the order in today for 22 kits (minimum order was for $1000) so don't let me down people!

Send in you payments as soon as you can. Thank you.

I should have these mid to late next week, and I will ship them out ASAP to those that have paid by that time.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/21/03 01:39 AM
paid.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/21/03 07:01 PM
paypal payment sent 142.00.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/21/03 07:11 PM
Thanks Dion.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/24/03 12:49 PM
What happened to everyone else? I have only received 4 payment so far. Come on guys!
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/24/03 01:36 PM
I'm sending a payment today Stazi.
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/24/03 06:42 PM
I'm still interested. Just waitng on a paycheck. Also I'm a little worried about the shipping and getting nailed with brokerage fees when they come across the border. What compay were you plaining to use to ship up to Canada. I now UPS charges an outrageous brokerge frr on top of any taxes, and if I get hit with that it will proabably make it more expensive than what I can get them for up here. Sometimes living north of the border sucks (well only for things like this). If you coul dtell me how you're gonna send them I'll be able to give you a final answer as I have apretty good Idea which shipping companies like to screw you with border fees
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/24/03 11:43 PM
Come on guys, Stazi ordered them already, so don't leave him stuck with all the kits. Lets do this!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/25/03 12:40 AM
I may very well jump on this GB to help you out Stazi. I can't stand seeing peeps getting fugged over by overzealous, underfunded CEGER's I'll keep you informed
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/25/03 05:41 AM
yeah that will blow. all you guys running around slammed think of how much u can make your tires last w/ these kits. 4 new tires are hella more than these onetime kits
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/25/03 08:18 AM
Stazi,

You have money, and thanks for all your products(my rear sway bar backing plates are great!)

Mike
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/25/03 01:58 PM
Thanks to the people that have paid. they are:

Quicksilver - Milan
Buckshot - Rick
Trapps - Mark (will pay COD as he is a SE MI CEG'er - local)
JEDsContour - James
ohsigmachi - Michael
hmouta - Hugo
dion - Dion
Keyser - Chris
PXRacing - Micah (check on the way???)

That's 10 pairs of kits accounted for, including me. I order enough for 11 cars, so there's one left if you want it. I already paid for these out of my pocket, and they should be here any day and will be shipped out the next day to those that have paid.

Thanks......
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/25/03 03:38 PM
stazi i want it how much and do u take paypal?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/25/03 03:49 PM
You have a PM.
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/26/03 05:59 AM
Glad to see that all of the guys kept their words. Another successful CEG GB!
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/28/03 07:25 PM
Boys, the kits came in so I will ship them out on Monday to all of you.....

Thanks to everyone who participated!
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/29/03 03:27 AM
Ohhhh, yeahhhh!!! Looks like my suspension will FINALLY be on the car come next Saturday... Awesome!
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/29/03 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:

Thanks Stazi, as I've been eyeing these things for a while. The timing is perfect for me, as I'm getting ready to have my wheels repaired and get a new set of tires.
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/29/03 04:42 AM
no i just need to lower it, haha i knew i would need itwhen i did so it was a good price so SURE GO FOR IT.
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 03/31/03 04:18 AM
Got mine today, Thanks Stazi!

Mark
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 04/05/03 06:39 AM

Stazi,

I never got my kit(s)!
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 04/07/03 11:24 AM
Yeah, I'm sorry, but on Friday I was told I had to fly to Mexicon on business, on Monday, by my boss. And I only got back Thursday, so I didn't get a chance to ship. They WILL be shipped out this week though.

Sorry about that.
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 04/07/03 03:45 PM
ok i was beginnin to wonder where it was glad to hear it didnt get lost in the mail, stazi check ur PM's
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 04/09/03 03:15 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry, but on Friday I was told I had to fly to Mexicon on business, on Monday, by my boss. And I only got back Thursday, so I didn't get a chance to ship. They WILL be shipped out this week though.

Sorry about that.

No problem, I was just wondering what happened. When do you plan on shipping?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 04/09/03 03:17 PM
Tomorrow.

I have been playing musical cars, with my vehicles. My SVT went in for some paint work today and I don't have my other car with me, hence I am tied down today.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 04/15/03 01:38 PM
Fed Ex Tracking #'s for Camber Kits

Tracking number:
Recipient information:
Dion Paoner

Tracking number:
Recipient information:
Michael Ramsey

Tracking number:
Recipient information:
Peter Lim

Tracking number:
Recipient information:
Vince Lockwood
810-217-7483

Tracking number:
Recipient information:
James Diederich

Tracking number:
Recipient information:
Hugo Mouta

Thanks guys!
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 04/15/03 02:11 PM
still available? i know some focus people who were interested
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 04/15/03 02:30 PM
The Focus uses a whole different camber adjustment setup, but yes, I CAN get those too.

I am looking at starting another GB and will posst again in a new topic.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 04/15/03 04:04 PM
Stazi,

Once again, thanks so much for this.
Posted By: Bulldog Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 05/15/03 10:20 AM
Where to buy one kit at europe?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 05/15/03 11:41 AM
No idea.....but give me your address in a Private Message and I can see what it would cost to send you one from the US.
Posted By: Cueball Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 06/05/03 02:20 PM
Is this a do it yourself project?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Front Camber Kit Group Buy - 06/05/03 02:20 PM
Definitely. If you have a toolbox you can do it.
© CEG Archives