Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 96BlackSE SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 01:13 AM
I am thinking of purchasing one of these units and thought maybe we can get a GB on them, I emailed a supplier and these are the prices I got for the Stage 2;

For 10 sets;
$340 shipping included in U.S.
$330 plus shipping for Canada

For 5 sets;

Add $20 to the above

This GB is not through me, its throught Bill @ PERKS Performance.
Here is his email for any questions wmperk88@yahoo.com please note that its www.contour.org GB
Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 01:23 AM
Have you contacted SP MOtorsports?? MAybe they cna offer something similar. Good guys.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 01:29 AM
Just emailed them. Hopefully we can get a better deal
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 03:34 AM
I may be interested in these clutches. Can you tell me some more about them? Who makes it? What are my other options? I am replacing my clutch soon.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 03:44 AM
Hey Rodney,

SPEC is the company which makes them. http://www.speclutches.com
I did a little searching over on the mustang forums and found out people really likes them (thanks Dustyn)

Your best source for more info would be SPMotorsports

BTW I talked to Joe@Spmotorsports and he was very helpful but he couldn't match the same price as Perks.

The best part about this kit is it includes everything you need!
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 10:16 AM
So is this group buy still going on? If it is then I should be in.

Can you get a discount on the stage 3? I think that clutch may be the one I'm looking for.

Ohh, do you know if these will last as long as the stock clutch or will they deteriorate quicker?
Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 03:53 PM
Ok, well if $340 includes shipping AND everything needed to install (slave cyl/release bearing) then I am in. This needs to happen fairly quick though.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 04:31 PM
Rodney,
I just forwarded your questions to Bill to see what he says.
thanks!
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 05:51 PM
I am in on this deal but like the fellow up above said I would like to move fast on this. I have non sprung hub on my car and I cannot stand it anymore. Specially tryiing to use the cruise control. herky jerky
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 07:14 PM
Quote:

i responded to another email from the guy asking about
the 3. Which I can get it will be another $25.

Also SPEC has lightweight Aluminum Flywheels that I
can include in the purchase for $400.

Thanks

Bill

Hope this helps Rodney

BTW I want this to be over ASAP too
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 08:22 PM
Originally posted by RodneyBur:
So is this group buy still going on? If it is then I should be in.

Can you get a discount on the stage 3? I think that clutch may be the one I'm looking for.

Ohh, do you know if these will last as long as the stock clutch or will they deteriorate quicker?

you'll be pushing more than 310lb/ft of tq??

I'm in on this, I wanted a new clutch, and with a new flywheel, I'm piecing it all out. . .
Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 08:26 PM
I sent Bill an email about the Stage 3 as I am undecided. ANyone know how this one compares to the Centerforce clutch?? I am really considering this clutch due to price and yes I want to move on this as well.

Fern
Posted By: mySVT_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 08:39 PM
That $340 quote was for five correct? How much lower can we get the price if more people get involved in this buy?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 10:23 PM
$340 shipped is for 10 sets for 5 sets its 360 shipped

Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/12/03 11:42 PM
I am in for a Stage 3. Do we need to contact Bill directly to confirm or is that going to be done here?? Let me know because this sounds like a money saver over the centerforce.
I will have it shipped to Buffalo and go pick it up from there to save on the ridiculous brokerage fees etc.

Thx

Fern
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 01:46 AM
StangNet Reviews

I may be interested. I will let you know in a few days.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 01:57 AM
96BlackSE
RodneyBur
TheGreatOne
Dustyn
ssmumich00
SVTFern

We have 6 people that are in for sure. (If you changed your mind please let us know )
This is gonna be done here no need to contact Bill (I gave him the link for the post and he reads it )
I want to get this done before the end of the month... Let me know if that sounds good to you all

thanks!
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 04:41 AM
So will the Spec Flywheel be an additional $400, or does the $400 include the clutch and flywheel?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 04:57 AM
It will be an additional $400 for the flywheel
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 05:20 AM
Can you get deals on a quaife also??
Posted By: SvtTour98.5-3 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 05:21 AM
I'll take one. But I'm not in QUITE the hurry everyone else seems to be in. Do we need a deposit or do we pay the supplier outright?
Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 05:25 AM
Do these come with all required hardware for install? Slave cylinder/release bearing?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 05:45 AM
They include Slave cylinder/release bearing

Rodney, I can't get any deals on quaifes You might want to try to run a GB on them maybe you can get a good deal

Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 10:04 AM
96BlackSE Im in so you can put me down as part of this GB. Email me all the info at pxracing@aol.com, I'll respond to you from there....thanks
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 01:43 PM
96BlackSE
RodneyBur
TheGreatOne
Dustyn
ssmumich00
SVTFern
wattspxr

7 people!
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 05:39 PM
I might be interested as well, can you give some quick info about SPEC Clutches... Oooh, Just found there web site.
amata@ortc.com
-Anthony
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 06:02 PM
Originally posted by RodneyBur:
Can you get deals on a quaife also??

I can get good deals on quaifes, let me know.

Eric
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 08:37 PM
i'm interested in a quaife as well!

clutch+quaife+flywheel. . .I'm hitting 49000miles today, I'd say I'm due for a tranny overhaul!
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: SPEC clutches - 03/13/03 08:39 PM
Quaife $560 shipped.

Eric
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/14/03 04:13 AM
Quote:

The pedal feel is the same between the 2 and 3. They
share a common pressure plate with differnce in the
disk and material. The 6 puck is more street friendly
then the 4 puck design with the holding of a 4. I
believe the standard stage 3 for a Mustang is CARBON
material and will hold plenty. I belive we can order
ceramic as a option but this again takes a little more
of the streetablity out of the clutch. The 2 holds 340
where the 3 hold 440 ft lbs of torq. Spec's have been
know to hold more so don;t over clutch it. Most cars
don't need more then a stage 2.

Also I might be able to help you guys out. I might
have 2 mustang guys looking for clutches so I extended
the group buy for them also. if those 2 guys get a
clutch this will count towards your 10 needed.

I also would like to see the serious guys start
working on getting the paypal's in.

Thanks

Bill

The torque ratings on the SPEC website are as follows for the clutch kits for the contours;

Stage 1 290
Stage 2 340
Stage 3 440
Stage 4 450
Stage 5 610 lb/ft

So this GB is a GO and we should start to get the payments in soon

Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/14/03 01:02 PM
Where do we need to send the pay pal money to?????? I might have mustang buddy that will get inon this also.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/14/03 01:07 PM
Bill's paypal address is the same as his email address so thats where we would be sending in the money
Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC clutches - 03/14/03 06:02 PM
Let's go people!! Chop chop!!!
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC clutches - 03/15/03 06:29 PM
What's the cost of the Stage 1 Kit?
If the Stage1 can handle that much torque what purpose for the Stage 2 kit???

I think all if not most all on this GB will probably never see past 290lbs. of torque. I've heard that Kevlar doesn't bite good to Flywheels like Fidanza which I have and I've found issues already with bite of the Clutchmasters Stage3 to the Fidanza, problems seem to be glaze over.

Anyway I'm gonna contact Spec and get some answers to my questions, see where I'm at and If the organic material might be better in the longrun with an Aluminum Flywheel, I'll post my comment when I get an answer from them...
Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/16/03 03:10 PM
So if Kevlar won't bite the Fidanza so well does that mean that the carbon / ceramic compound of the Stage 3 SPEC would be better for the Fidanza.... Does anyone know??

This is the one I am looking at buying. The last thing I want to do is buy a combo that slips

Thx
Fern
Posted By: SvtTour98.5-3 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/16/03 04:38 PM
Sorry, but I'm going to have to back out, at least for now. Something else has come up and I'm going to need the money. Sorry for the inconvenience all!!
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/16/03 04:59 PM
Originally posted by PXRacing:
What's the cost of the Stage 1 Kit?
If the Stage1 can handle that much torque what purpose for the Stage 2 kit???

I think all if not most all on this GB will probably never see past 290lbs. of torque. I've heard that Kevlar doesn't bite good to Flywheels like Fidanza which I have and I've found issues already with bite of the Clutchmasters Stage3 to the Fidanza, problems seem to be glaze over.

Anyway I'm gonna contact Spec and get some answers to my questions, see where I'm at and If the organic material might be better in the longrun with an Aluminum Flywheel, I'll post my comment when I get an answer from them...

If we can get the stage 2 kit throught the GB at the same price as the normal satage one why not and go ahead and uprgrade. Its not a matter of tq rating you have to think about heat and what its used for. You can slip any clutch but at the end of the day the kevlar will still be on the disc while the fiber if sliped will toast it pretty easy. Stage 2 I think would be the best bet, very streetable. You get up into the metal disc thats when it get very harsh. I have a metal puck right now and some days when very cold I can slip at idle but once you get some heat in it you can pop quarters in fourth gear. Just some insight. I have had three clutchs my car so I talk from a little experience.
Posted By: rollingstash_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/16/03 06:15 PM
How long is this group buy open? I need a new clutch, but will have minimal money for the next two or three weeks untill I start working again! Let me knizo.
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC clutches - 03/16/03 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Dustyn:
If we can get the stage 2 kit throught the GB at the same price as the normal satage one why not and go ahead and uprgrade. Its not a matter of tq rating you have to think about heat and what its used for. You can slip any clutch but at the end of the day the kevlar will still be on the disc while the fiber if sliped will toast it pretty easy. Stage 2 I think would be the best bet, very streetable. You get up into the metal disc thats when it get very harsh. I have a metal puck right now and some days when very cold I can slip at idle but once you get some heat in it you can pop quarters in fourth gear. Just some insight. I have had three clutchs my car so I talk from a little experience.

Umm yeah, you can slip just about any clutch imaginable dependent on the hp/tq the motor is generating. I'm not directly referring to slippage rather how the Kevlar will work specifically with the Fidanza Flywheel. I currently run with the Fidanza and Clutchmasters Stage 3 which is full Kevlar and I've found inherent slippage in this particular combo, though others claim they haven't had a problem as of yet. If the Stage 1 can really handle 290+ tq than why in the world will you need a stage 2 unless you're running some major Boost of either sort. Heat or no heat, most all Contour enthusiasts will never see over 170lbs of Torque, it's really ridiculous to think you need to compensate by getting a Stage 2 if it's really not needed at all

So the ?, will the Organic material mate better than the Kevlar to my Fidanza? For anyone considering a Stage 3, there's no POINT to that at all.
Posted By: BurritaSVT_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/17/03 03:52 AM
I suppose to be receiving my turbo this month and want in on the group buy but I have no idea what clutch I should go with and if the clutch I need will be on group rate. I put down the money if someone could give me advice on which one fo SF turbo. Thanks Joey
Posted By: MTO Re: SPEC clutches - 03/17/03 01:11 PM
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
StangNet Reviews

I may be interested. I will let you know in a few days.

no...just buy the damn clutch...
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/17/03 02:15 PM
Here are all the prices. Shipping is included on all of them.

Stage 1 = 300
Stage 2 = 340
Stage 3 = 360
Stage 4 = 380
Stage 5 = 420

SPEC Aluminum Flywheel $400

This GB ends this Sunday after that payments start
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC clutches - 03/17/03 09:06 PM
Got off the phone w/Spec today and interesting enough they guy I spoke to highly reccomended me to go with the Stage3 due to my setup and expected power plans. He claims the Stage 3 is very streetable, it's 100% Carbon Fiber, which he say's is extremely durable, and is in a 6 wing formation rather than the 4 wing that they show on there website. He says the 6 wing is there most recent updated version of there Stage 3 Clutches. Supposedly this thing wont slip for anything. So if you don't want to worry about slippage at all I guess the Stage 3 is the way to go. Stage 3 has similar pedal feel to Stage 2 and will not put excessive loads on your crank, So there you have it...

You know what clutch I'm getting
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/17/03 09:31 PM
96BlackSE
RodneyBur
TheGreatOne
Dustyn
ssmumich00
SVTFern
wattspxr
PXRacing

8 people! If you want to join the GB just copy this list add your name to it and update the count!

This is what SPEC said about their clutches and fidanza flywheels. So that means they would work keep in mind SPEC sells similar aluminum flywheels too so they should work!
Quote:

The clutches will not slip after the break-in period. Kevlar needs 500 miles of break-in. The only problems with the Fidanza wheels have been the plates not being set perfectly flat.

Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/17/03 10:25 PM
Cool sounding info. This makes me feel more secure about this setup. I am in for sure and will send payment this week.

Can't wait. My Fidanza is being shipped and my 4.5 final drive is on its way and so is the Quaife.

Fern
Posted By: OutlawdSVT_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/18/03 01:02 AM
Ok what do I have to do to get me on the list? I guess I will go w/ the Stage II. Any idea when these will arive?
I need to know when I can pull the tranny.
Posted By: AirKnight Re: SPEC clutches - 03/18/03 01:38 AM
I have a question, why is it cheaper if you get it in Canada? And how much does the SPEC Aluminum Flywheel weight?
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/18/03 01:42 AM
I think the guy selling the clutchs might be from Canada?
Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/18/03 03:15 AM
American dollars from a US distributor is it not???
I am sure that this is not in Canadian $$ Is that what you thought Airknight?

Oops just saw what you meant. When you add in the shipping to Canada I can absolutely guarnatee that it will cost MMMMUUUUCCCCCHHHH more. Brokerage and shipping is ridiculous once you cross the border.

Fern
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/18/03 03:26 AM
Bill is in the U.S. The only reason its cheaper to Canada is because shipping is not included.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/18/03 06:47 PM
i think, even though I'll never reach the power Micah is hitting, I'll go with a Stage 3, because I just won a Fidanza Flywheel for our cars on ebay for $280 shipped (holy CRAP!). . .
Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC clutches - 03/18/03 07:12 PM
I hate to bac kout on this GB but I NEED to get my parts ordered...is this going to happen or not?
Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/18/03 08:41 PM
I also got the Fidanza from E Bay. I pick it up on Friday!!

Do we need to send the payments for the SPEC clutch by Sunday? Is there a time limit? Is there a time after it is paid that we will receive the clutches? Do we need to wait until all payments are in etc.

Anyone with feedback??

Thx

Fern
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/18/03 09:33 PM
Guys we have enough people to start the GB (Bill got 2 more stang guys that are joining on this so we are all set)

You can send your Paypal payments to wmperk88@yahoo.com include a return address and put a note that its the contour GB.

I will ask Bill about the turnoaround time

BTW I think somebody had a question on the SPEC flywheel weight, its 9 lbs

EDIT : Just got a reply from Bill;
Quote:

Once we have everyones money I should have the
clutches with in a couple days to start going out. We
can't place orders until everyone has paid so we know
the count.

Posted By: PERKS Performance Re: SPEC clutches - 03/18/03 09:54 PM
We need to wait until everyone has there money in so we make sure we get the 10 units required for the pricing. I can't get the deal from SPEC without it. So if we want to use the 5 person pricing which is $20 more then we can order them as you pay with no worries as to when everyone else will have there money in.

so if you want to get it ASAP.. Email me and we will go from there... wmperk88@yahoo.com

Thanks

PERKS Performance
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/18/03 10:01 PM
Sweet Bill signed up
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: SPEC clutches - 03/19/03 12:41 AM
If u need another person to get even more of a discount, i will get one. Always can use a extra clutch laying around u never know what can happen.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/19/03 02:38 AM
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
because I just won a Fidanza Flywheel for our cars on ebay for $280 shipped (holy CRAP!). . .

you're welcome.

I was the one who won the bid for 270....lol!!
and to think I totally miscalculated the end time of the auction - came home and saw the auction ended...and I won the last spot!

I'll be placing my order with Bill as soon as I speak with SPEC....hopefully tomorrow afternoon - I will have my order in.

Then - in a few weeks, the Quafie gets ordered.
Posted By: OutlawdSVT_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/19/03 04:40 AM
I just pay paled through a friends account.
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/19/03 04:49 PM
I didn't want to leave anyone hanging here... but I posted my interest in this G'Buy, but regretfully will have to back out. Money is a Issue at this point, and most of my money is going into repairing my SVT engine. That and I got engaged so Marriage Plans are taking place.

Hopefully a G'Buy will be around when Im ready.
I apologize and Good Luck Everyone.
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/19/03 08:21 PM
You know what...Screw it! Sign me up for the Spec StageII Clutch!
Just Pay-Pal'd You!
Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC clutches - 03/19/03 08:32 PM
Hehe....

I've made my payment as well, thanks for setting this up.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/20/03 05:42 AM
We need more payments guys

We got 2 upto now (I will be sending it in a couple of days)

Thanks!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/20/03 03:16 PM
i'll be sending my payment tonight.

Thanks!
Posted By: Bailey Re: SPEC clutches - 03/20/03 04:28 PM
96Blackse Ok stupid question, i know i have to change mine soon is this a do-it yourself job or is it going to cost alot of $$$ to get it done, is it to late to get in this group buy if not i can drive to Ottawa and pick it up and pay you at the same time
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/20/03 08:09 PM
I just payed and I also invited a buddy to buy a clutch for his mustang so that is two more for sure.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/20/03 11:06 PM
Contour-mtl,

The Group Buy is not through me its through Bill @ PERKS performance I just put it together thats all.

I have no clue about the installation since I have never done it before

Thanks
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC clutches - 03/21/03 02:03 AM
96BlackSE I'll mail a cashiers cheque written out to your name on Monday, you should get it by Friday, Saturday the latest..
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/21/03 02:05 AM
You mean to Bill's name

BUT If you really want to, you can send an additional one my way
Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC clutches - 03/21/03 02:06 PM
those who have paid are shipping monday?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/21/03 02:57 PM
We have 3 paid it was 4 but 1 backed out I beleive.

I'll be paying this weekend. We gotta get 5 to get the first discount.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/21/03 09:16 PM
sorry it took me so long guys, sent mine out today, my dsl has been down since I moved. . .I got the stage 3 baby.
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC clutches - 03/21/03 10:20 PM
So are we shooting for the 5 GB Discount or the 10 GB Discount????

Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/21/03 10:29 PM
My money for the Stage 3 was just sent. I am in.

Fern
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/21/03 11:53 PM
I am hoping for 10 we'll see where we're at by monday
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/22/03 05:46 AM
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
i'll be sending my payment tonight.

Thanks!

Sorry guys. I know I said I was going to pay last night.......but something came up -

so I just sent the payment in now! lol!
Payment for Stage3 clutch has been sent in.

Thanks!
Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/24/03 01:00 AM
what is the status as of right now???

Anyone??

Fern
Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC clutches - 03/24/03 01:53 AM
yes....update please
Posted By: OutlawdSVT_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/24/03 04:52 AM
The money has cleared on my end, just waiting for the clutch .
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC clutches - 03/24/03 01:53 PM
Update

total of 6 payments which 2 of them will be clearing today.

you can add me in a day, just waiting the money to get in my paypal acc.

So we already have 7 . 3 more and we are all set for the 10 discount

Guys Bill wants to end this tommorow (tuesday at 7am) or wednesday. So we gotta get the other 3 payments in ASAP to get the 10 discount
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/24/03 04:33 PM
Can we get the names please?
Posted By: JontourSVT_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/24/03 05:15 PM
If I sign up (and pay today), how soon would I have it??
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC clutches - 03/24/03 05:31 PM
This is what I don't get. Bill, which I've emailed him about this, seems to be in desperate straights to get this done ASAP!! We're already at 7, i don't know if that number includes me so that could be 8 as I told him I'm mailing a check to him today. I know there are one or two that probably want it now, heck they came in on a Group Buy, you shouldn't expect the numbers to suddenly be realized.

Personally to me a savings of $20 is something because a savings of 20 here and 30 there and 10 somewhere else slowly adds up when you're doing a project. Just think it's a little ridiculous that a deadline is cut short for the sake of one or two when were so close to the big 10
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: SPEC clutches - 03/24/03 05:46 PM
yeah, i agree. but, I guess we're at the mercy of 3 more people. . .
Posted By: PERKS Performance NAMES.... - 03/24/03 06:20 PM
1. Hugo Teixeira
2. fernando da silva
3. Suneil Malhotra
4. Anthony Mata
5. Dustyn Foster
6. PXRacing (Supposed to be mailing money??)
7. 96BlackSE (Supposed to be sending paypal)

So as of right now there are only 5 actually paid and waiting for the GP to be over.

There was another order but he needed it to be shipped then and he decide to pay the other price and get it shipped to him.

What do the people on the above list want? Do they want to wait? The price for 10 has to be placed as a order of 10 at one time. Which means until everyone's money is in order can not be placed. If we go with the 5 unit pricing we can start to ship orders. I can only give the bigger discount if we order 10 units total at one time..... I am not making much on these kits and if we can't place the order of 10 then we need to go with 5 pricing. All clutches go fro 400-440 from spec before shipping so I think the price is pretty fair even at the 5 unit pricing.

Let me know what you guys want to do it's your order..

Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: NAMES.... - 03/24/03 07:32 PM
I don't mind waiting around.
Its not going in right away anyway.

-- Hugo Teixeira
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: NAMES.... - 03/24/03 07:50 PM
I can hold off...

Just rather not have my money floating around waiting.
Nothing personal
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/24/03 08:00 PM
Just paid for mine
I wouldn't mind waiting for a couple of more days to get the 3 more people to save $20

Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/24/03 08:42 PM
If I could have mine shipped so that it arrives at Buffalo NY by April 4 I am OK. Around the same time my Quaife will be in........ let the modding begin!!!

So if waiting a few (not that many) days means we get the 10 discount... so be it.

Thx

Fern
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/25/03 12:59 AM
There you have it BILL!! The issue here is not the great deal were getting, the issue here is the time constraints of this transaction and the fact we must not wait for the extra 3 people but no more than 2 more days. I realize you've stuck your neck out for us, very much appreciated, but we were offered a 5 and 10 GB rate and since the 10 is so close to being realized, "POSSIBLY," let's try and see if it can be achieved.

Again Thanks for your Help BILL!!!!
Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/25/03 01:06 AM
i am fine with the $360 price, i'm not looking to nitpick over $20. I need to have this clutch by the end of the week.
Posted By: PERKS Performance Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/25/03 02:15 AM
PXracing... Have you sent your money? You are the only one I am still waiting on payment from. If I had your payment and could place this order tomorrow I might be able to swing something with a couple guys looking for Mustang clutches but like some on here want to have it ordered ASAP. Is there anyway you could paypal your instead of mailing?.. Contact me via email and let me know..
Posted By: YOUNEEQSVT_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/25/03 04:06 AM
Add me to the list if possible. I want the Stage 3 clutch. I e-mailed Bill? at the wmperk88@yahoo.com address.

-Bill
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/25/03 04:30 AM
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
i am fine with the $360 price, i'm not looking to nitpick over $20. I need to have this clutch by the end of the week.

Really don't care bro, you should have expected any type of delay entering a GB. If $20 to you is nothing that's great but maybe you're not spending upwards of $6k on your project and also need to take care of a family
Like I said every bit saved everywhere adds up quickly

We just found someone else in less than 2hours since my last post so obviously patience will payoff for most of us.

As far as payment, Bill I said I would mail it, I don't want to pay the additional fee's incurred by PayPal. I already mailed it out so that's that already...
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/25/03 04:40 AM
By the way BILL, SOME need it ASAP!!! You got 5 people that posted here there not in a hurry or are willing to wait it out a bit longer and wouldn't mind the extra $20 savings. I don't get it

Why are you trying to cater to that 1, maybe 2 people who claim they need it NOW!!! If you feel you've got the 10 with me than we've reached that number, great. I emailed you the approx. time it will take for payment to reach you and hopefully it'll get there in time. But I just don't like the fact that you're telling me I need to pay via paypal for 1 persons sake

Don't mean to PRESS you like this but I think the masses have spoken already....
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/25/03 02:36 PM
By the way BILL, SOME need it ASAP!!! You got 5 people that posted here there not in a hurry or are willing to wait it out a bit longer and wouldn't mind the extra $20 savings. I don't get it

Why are you trying to cater to that 1, maybe 2 people who claim they need it NOW!!! If you feel you've got the 10 with me than we've reached that number, great. I emailed you the approx. time it will take for payment to reach you and hopefully it'll get there in time. But I just don't like the fact that you're telling me I need to pay via paypal for 1 persons sake

Don't mean to PRESS you like this but I think the masses have spoken already....

pxracing, you need to settle down you don't run this group buy so just cool it. It seems the whole time you have been ranting about people paying when you haven't even payed yourself.
Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/25/03 02:43 PM
pxracing, you need to settle down you don't run this group buy so just cool it. It seems the whole time you have been ranting about people paying when you haven't even payed yourself.

Can I get an AMEN!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/25/03 03:57 PM
i just got my fidanza, so I can sit on this until everyone meets their payments. . .
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/26/03 03:43 AM

Who said anything about running this GB???

This is the most rush, rush GB I've come across, Why??, because one or two people need it ASAP....If you folks wanted it ASAP you folks should have bought it outright. The point I'm making is this is a GroupBuy not a Individual Buy. Most all CEG'ers entering a GB expect or don't mind some sort of delay, not that I'm saying this needs to go on for months, but if we're that close to having 10 people, the GB should continue on for a bit longer to see if that can be met (as Bill emailed me and said that 2 already dropped out of this GB because of time constraints). Remember, the main purpose behind a GB is for maximum savings!!!

Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/26/03 04:24 PM
Maybe if I had a family to take care of...I wouldn't be spending 6k on a car?

Anyway...my rush isn't just for the sake of having the clutch in my hands. I've got a deadline I HAVE to meet. If my warranty expires on me, it'll cost me ALOT more than $20 saved here. What is $20 anyway? You can't even buy a family McDonalds for $20! I wasn't even in on this for savings...but rather to get a good clutch and let other people get savings at the same time. I thought we were going to go with the 5 unit pricing. I will...and subsequently have thrown away $20 to ensure not having to cough up an extra $1000 in labor. FWIW, there are no charges associated with paying with paypal. IIRC, it's free to send money. Atleast it is for me...(I have a really old account). Regardless what anyone should have expected from this group buy...it seems EVERYONE is waiting on YOU

Really don't care bro, you should have expected any type of delay entering a GB. If $20 to you is nothing that's great but maybe you're not spending upwards of $6k on your project and also need to take care of a family
Like I said every bit saved everywhere adds up quickly

We just found someone else in less than 2hours since my last post so obviously patience will payoff for most of us.

As far as payment, Bill I said I would mail it, I don't want to pay the additional fee's incurred by PayPal. I already mailed it out so that's that already...

Posted By: PERKS Performance Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/26/03 04:34 PM
FWIW, there are no charges associated with paying with paypal. IIRC, it's free to send money. Atleast it is for me...(I have a really old account).

There are fees but no for the sender.. It comes out of my pocket which I decided to pay for those using the service instead of marking it up.. I pay 3% of what you sent to me to paypal.. you can figure that out...

thanks to all those with there payments in.. I have sent a email to those waiting and I am closing this up..

Thanks

Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/27/03 12:11 AM
Bill , have not received an email from you yet. did you receive my Paypal payment? They said it went through.

Fern

Thx
Posted By: OutlawdSVT_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/27/03 12:35 AM
I have officially paid. I would like to see my name on the list please. The name that it is under is Eric L. Thanks
Posted By: YOUNEEQSVT_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/27/03 03:09 PM
Bill, you got mine this morning which is the soonest I could get it going through Paypal. Hope these clutches work out well for everyone!

-Bill
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/27/03 06:38 PM
Originally posted by SVTFern:
Bill , have not received an email from you yet. did you receive my Paypal payment? They said it went through.

Fern

Thx

got the email. extra $20 sent.
damn...that sucks.
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/28/03 12:22 AM
Maybe if I had a family to take care of...I wouldn't be spending 6k on a car?

Anyway...my rush isn't just for the sake of having the clutch in my hands. I've got a deadline I HAVE to meet. If my warranty expires on me, it'll cost me ALOT more than $20 saved here. What is $20 anyway? You can't even buy a family McDonalds for $20! I wasn't even in on this for savings...

Alot of people that own this car have Families

Even the wealthiest people can get tight with money, so who said I didn't have MONEY??? My question to you, Do you really think I would spend that much money with a Family to take care of if I really didn't have MONEY???

If it was that much of a hurry and as stated by you, "I wasn't even in on this for savings...," why did you join the GB in the first place knowing as how long most GB's can go, just curious If you mentioned that you were in desperate measures, which in your case I would say it is, I would be fine with paying the extra $20, infact this is really not about the extra $20, it's just the principle that the GB has to be closed so quickly considering how close we were to meeting the next figures. Anyway no PUN Intended w/my remarks, just thought I clear the air and yeah I probably took my opinions to another level. What sucks about this site is you have a time limit as to when you would like to EDIT a Post, we all blurt off our thoughts sometimes, it's to bad we can't take it back on CEG
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/28/03 05:21 PM
And moving on....

Lets get back to the status of these clutches.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/28/03 05:27 PM
I emailed Bill, haven't heard anything yet
Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/30/03 03:51 AM
Does anyone have an update. Please email me at svtcontour@rogers.com

Thx

Fern
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/30/03 03:56 AM
I already ordered and recieved mine on my own. I must say the the quality of this clutch does look outstanding. The pressure plate has 600psi more clamping pressure than stock. I should have it in sometime next week with a Torsen so I will be able to give you guys a review.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/31/03 03:55 PM
Any body heard back from Bill yet???
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/31/03 10:23 PM
Maybe he ran for the Border

I sent him my money last week and I emailed to make sure he got it but he never responded to me yet.....
Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/31/03 10:51 PM
s'matter dude? You should have expected these type of delays in a group buy!

Last one to pay...first one to complain. ...peh :/

I sent him my money last week and I emailed to make sure he got it but he never responded to me yet.....

Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/31/03 11:33 PM
I can live with delays but not responding to emails and posts is bordering on neglect..... unless there is a damn good reason!!! Bill please respond to your emails and let us know what is going on!!

Fern
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/31/03 11:41 PM
Nothing to worry about guys

Quote:

All payments recieved and all orders placed with
SPEC... as of Thursday 3/27 They should start shipping
them right away. We have been busy on the DYNO.. sorry
for the delay as we have also had no connection to the
internet for a few days.. Hopefully it comes back
today..

Bill

Posted By: hydro Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/31/03 11:45 PM
is there anyway I can still get in on this for the Stage 3 and if so does that push this GB over the 10 person limit for even more savings?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/31/03 11:47 PM
Hella,
Just emailed Bill for you to see if you can join

Posted By: YOUNEEQSVT_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 03/31/03 11:53 PM
I e-mailed him Sat when I started wondering and received this e-mail from him Sat night. Would be good if he posted so everyone doesn't freak out.

"Bill.. I recieved your order and have submitted the
whole group buy to SPEC. I am going to talk to them
monday abouyt ship dates. We have been very busy on
the dyno the last couple of days getting our mustangs
ready to go..thanks

Bill"

-Bill
Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 04/01/03 12:10 AM

If you're ever in the Hawai'i area sometime, let me know cause I'd love to shut that BLABBERING mouth of yours...

Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 04/01/03 12:16 AM
I called SPEC to see what was the deal, and YES as stated he did process all the orders except for mine. Seems he did it on Thursday and he got my payment late Thursday, I'm a little concerned but I've emailed him a second time I hope to get a response. 96BlackSE did he mention anything to you that he received my payment because according to SPEC I'm not on the order sheet as of Today, Monday the 31st

It would be nice if Bill could inform the GB that the orders are being sent out at least. Either he's very busy with other things or just very bad with returning Emails...Oh Well
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 04/01/03 12:19 AM
Pxracing,
I think Bill is just very very busy currently I used to get replies within an hour max before but this past couple of days its been a bit slow. I can't blame him since spring is right around the corner and he has to get his stuff ready
Send an email about your situation to Bill and I am sure he'll get back to you as soon as he can

Posted By: TGO Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 04/01/03 01:42 AM
Apff...stop it please. You make me laugh. You jump all on my nuts about being in a hurry...telling me you don't care (as if you are anybody to begin with) and I should expect delays. Then when there is a delay and you start speculating about what's going on and showing an attitude about it...you can't practice what you preach. And I'm blabbering? Aside from backing everything up with your slow payment...you don't live up to anything you say. In fact, I'm not so sure you think before you type. And then you threaten me. ::Note to self...be afraid :: You need to read over your posts before you hit the button or keep your mouth quiet. I think it's safe to say I am not the only one who feels this way.

Whatever though...I don't want to hijack this thread into a flame war. However if you wish to entertain me with another hypocritical reply or threat...please feel free to PM me.

I apologise for feeding into this crap and hope I didn't piss anyone off (except PXRacing). Thank you Bill and 96blackse for setting up this GB. I'm sure I will be more than satisfied with the clutch.

If you're ever in the Hawai'i area sometime, let me know cause I'd love to shut that BLABBERING mouth of yours...

Posted By: PERKS Performance Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 04/01/03 01:50 AM
As posted.. Orders were placed on Thursday and I would like to ask you NOT to call SPEC.. I have been haveing internet issues and between spending 2 days on the DYNO and working my real job things have been kind of crazy. sorry for the delay in response to emails..

as for you RXracing.. Your order was added late Friday.. trust me as much as I didn't want to accpet your order I had to because you sent paypal finally and I didn't want to send you back your money missing the 3% I have to pay to them.. I am sure it would have been worth it but I am not a DICK so I accepted your order.

as for someone else joining the GB. it's been closed... If you need a clutch email me at wmperk88@yahoo.com
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 04/02/03 05:06 PM
**BUMP**
Posted By: PERKS Performance Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 04/02/03 06:34 PM
Just recieved this from SPEC.. waiting on a more detailed information for shipping...

Most left earlier in the week, The others clutches have been ready for days, but the tob's just arrived. The ones that haven't left will leave tomorrow.

thanks Bill
Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 04/03/03 12:48 AM
Bill, due to my unique circumstance I need to know if my package has been shipped. Last two times I had stuff shipped to UPS Buffalo they did not call me. I URGENTLY need to know if mine has been shipped and if so what the tracking number is. Please email this to svtcontour@rogers.com

Thx

Fern
Posted By: mmarfan_dup1 Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 04/03/03 03:37 AM
I need this clutch too badly at this price. Can you give a guy the hookup. (broke tranny)
Posted By: PERKS Performance Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 04/04/03 01:49 AM
Here are some of the tracking number I recieved...

DUSTYN FOSTER Estimated Delivery Date......: 4/04/2003
Tracking Id....: 086717890020390

ANTHONY MATA Estimated Delivery Date......: 4/09/2003
Tracking Id....: 086717890020406

SUNEIL MALHATRA Estimated Delivery Date......: 4/08/2003
Tracking Id....: 086717890020642

HUGO TEIXEIRA Estimated Delivery Date......: 4/08/2003
Tracking Id....: 086717890020659

WILLIAM GIERKE Estimated Delivery Date......: 4/08/2003
Tracking Id....: 086717890020673

CITY OF LENEXA Estimated Delivery Date......: 4/08/2003
Tracking Id....: 086717890020697

These are all FEDEX Numbers...

There were 2 shipped to me for the out of country people. and one shipped UPS for fernado. I will get you the UPS number tomorrow.

Hope this helps..

Posted By: PXRacing Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 04/04/03 03:39 AM
Apff...stop it please. You make me laugh. You jump all on my nuts about being in a hurry...telling me you don't care (as if you are anybody to begin with) and I should expect delays. Then when there is a delay and you start speculating about what's going on and showing an attitude about it...you can't practice what you preach. And I'm blabbering? Aside from backing everything up with your slow payment...you don't live up to anything you say. In fact, I'm not so sure you think before you type. And then you threaten me. ::Note to self...be afraid :: You need to read over your posts before you hit the button or keep your mouth quiet. I think it's safe to say I am not the only one who feels this way.

Whatever though...I don't want to hijack this thread into a flame war. However if you wish to entertain me with another hypocritical reply or threat...please feel free to PM me.

I apologise for feeding into this crap and hope I didn't piss anyone off (except PXRacing). Thank you Bill and 96blackse for setting up this GB. I'm sure I will be more than satisfied with the clutch.

Yeah you're right, I am NOBODY!!! Remember those exact words if I ever meet you someday

Bill as for your remark to me, simply put, Thanks for the Gesture If you've been offended by me, well Sorry If I was pestering about the fact that this is a GB, you did offer specific numbers and my only gripe *EVER* was simply why it was that you had to rush this GB knowing how close we were to 10 (something that was offered and seemed like you had no intentions of trying to meet that), if you couldn't take that like a business man because A) You put your own self into a bind or B) Was pressured by 2 idiots, Speed Demon and the Far From Great One though everyone else was willing to patiently wait a bit longer, than I have nothing more to really say to you.....wait I do

.......I'm sure you're aware that I emailed you on Wednesday, Thursday of the week it ended and still to this day I have not received a response, GO Figure
Posted By: PERKS Performance Re: SPEC Clutches GB! - 04/04/03 03:09 PM
I am aware and I bleive the post I made above answered the question.. thanks
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: NAMES.... - 04/04/03 05:16 PM
PXRacing what the hell are you talking about?
Dont bring me into this... I said i would wait if we needed:

Originally posted by Speed Demons:
I can hold off...
Nothing personal

You better check which "Idiot" (as you put it) your bringing into this.
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: NAMES.... - 04/04/03 05:39 PM
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Let it go - 04/04/03 05:48 PM
Ok guys. Time to stop the bickering. If there's more arguing needed, take to the PM's. The group buy is closed, so there shouldn't be any more discussions unless it's about tracking #'s, receiving the clutches, still waiting on the clutches, etc.

Have a nice day .
Posted By: YOUNEEQSVT_dup1 Re: Let it go - 04/04/03 06:42 PM
Bill,

I just wanted to say thanks, Bill for the legwork you did on getting our orders through and everyone else who positively participated in this GB.

I extremely appreciate the tracking #'s you posted. This hit the spot!

-Bill
Posted By: PXRacing Re: NAMES.... - 04/04/03 10:16 PM

I can hold off...
Nothing personal

Sorry about that BRO, honestly, I meant to put DUSTYN!!!.....my bad

Since this thing blew up thanks to Dustyn and Far From Great One all I can say is thankfully I'm still getting my Clutch.....the innocent ones always suffer

Posted By: TGO Re: NAMES.... - 04/05/03 01:35 AM
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: NAMES.... - 04/05/03 04:31 AM
who cares
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: NAMES.... - 04/05/03 04:42 AM

I can hold off...
Nothing personal

Sorry about that BRO, honestly, I meant to put DUSTYN!!!.....my bad

Since this thing blew up thanks to Dustyn and Far From Great One all I can say is thankfully I'm still getting my Clutch.....the innocent ones always suffer

Please enlighten me if you will where I pressured anyone in this GB please? Also I made what blow up? Your words speak volumes of yourself and character. Look who has made threats and called people names. Innocent you----- Innocent you. PLEASE!
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Let it go - 04/05/03 06:06 AM
Like I already said, let it go guys. If you guys must continue, do so through PM's. Geesh.
Posted By: TGO Re: Let it go - 04/05/03 04:57 PM
Read back a few posts...i've already asked mr innocent to take it to PM's...you're preaching to the choir here man.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Let it go - 04/07/03 02:45 PM
got my spec clutch on Sat, looks very nice, I just need to find a place to install it!

Suneil
Posted By: TGO Re: Let it go - 04/07/03 02:48 PM
Yeah, I am very pleased. Nice unit.
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: Let it go - 04/09/03 11:35 PM
Same here, just got mine in. Thank you to the parties involved in this Group Buy.
© CEG Archives