Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
For others who didn't get in the other group buy I found someone to produce these for us as well.

details:

All group buys require a minimum order of 15 pieces.

All orders must be paid in advance. Our design team would need 30 business days to develop the first prototype.

The prices for 15 factory style Carbon Fiber Hood will be $399.00 SHIPPED!($270.00 + $129.00 Shipping & Handling). **Prices may vary.**

FREE aluminum hood pins are included, which normally cost $34.95 at retail price.

All carbon fiber hoods are shipped through Airborne Express via ground service with an estimated delivery time of 5-7 business days.

All items are fully insured up to $400 dollars.

Please provide shipping address for the quote on International orders.

Please let me know if anyone is interested. I will post pics later of other hoods they have done.

Eric
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/10/03 03:10 PM
what is the difference between this CF hood and the one made in the previous GB?
different manufacturer, these hoods are produced in the US. The other group buy ended, that's all. I saw pictures of the other carbon fiber hoods and they are first rate, these hoods are real lightweight carbon fiber ones as well. Their should be little to no difference except price to the other group buy hood.

Eric
I know in the other GB for these hoods someone had to donate a hood for the mold; is this going to have to happen for this GB as well?

I am definitely interested. Come on ppl, I know we can get at least 15!
If we do I will take care of that.

Eric
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:
If we do I will take care of that.

Eric

Great, then lets get this started!
Posted By: path914 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/10/03 05:16 PM
I'd be interested. Just curious, where would these be shipped from? (Just seeing if it's anywhere close that I could pick up from and save the S&H)
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/10/03 05:47 PM
From looking at the CF hoods in the previous GB they look pretty good. I am interested in getting into the GB is there a deadline to have the money in by?
path I believe they are produced and shipped from california so your in luck, I would have to check with the manufacturer if he accepts pickups, and the deadline is when I get 15 people..so basically no deadline.

In fact he makes them for the cougar already.

Eric
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/10/03 06:11 PM
I would LOVE to do this BUT the fact of having HOOD PINS doesnt turn me on at all . And i dont think that color would look good on a silver car ..
Why is this hood going to have hood pins? I would definitely prefer the hood w/o them!
Just in case you want to use them for added security, the hood comes with a steel factory latch which you can use without hood pins. The manufacturer adds hoods pins

1) most people use them
2) added security

but the hoods to latch on (DOT) safely without pins.
he includes hood pins to produce a stronger sale as well.

Eric

more info

*OEM carbon fiber hood
*100% real grade A carbon fiber
*"Ultra UV gel coat protected" (prevents fading)
*Claims to have PERFECT fitment (test fitted on cars to insure fitment)
*smooth cut edge
*STEEL hood latch
*All factory mounting points are used for installation
*All bolts and hardware included for installation
$100 more he said he can do it in Red, Yellow, Silver, and blue & red kevlar
the hoods pins are an option for you, he does not produce the hoods with the pins already mounted, it is just an option.

COLORS ARE available now..

Eric
Thanks Eric for clearing that up! I'm in!
Posted By: tekken4 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/10/03 07:21 PM
I want one, I'am in!
But dose the cf hood always come in black or are there other colors?
Also, can you pay by PayPal?
I'm interested...any chance for a vent? The second group buy that was set up by NORCALCOUG with a vent, didn't have a clearcoat included!
Originally posted by tekken4:
I want one, I'am in!
But dose the cf hood always come in black or are there other colors?
Also, can you pay by PayPal?

$100 more he said he can do it in Red, Yellow, Silver, and blue & red kevlar

Amanda your officially my assistant now..lol

This is a complete finished product, coating everything. He is a mass producer, he makes em for a ton of different cars just not ours..big suprise

different colors available for $100 more.
Eric

thisgirls98.5SVT
Tekken4
wavrdr

I will check on the vented ones, but I doubt it.
I wouldn't mind paying more if a vent was made available. Tell him to pull a vent off another hood and mold it to ours(mine).
Posted By: tekken4 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/10/03 07:41 PM

This is a complete finished product, coating everything. He is a mass producer, he makes em for a ton of different cars just not ours..big suprise

different colors available for $100 more.
Eric

thisgirls98.5SVT
Tekken4
wavrdr

I will check on the vented ones, but I doubt it.

I have a red Contour SVT, can they be painted the same as the car?
Posted By: tekken4 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/10/03 07:45 PM
I want a vent too!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/10/03 07:46 PM
just an idea but maybe you should just fork up the extra hundred and get the red CF. its going to cost more to get the hood painted. although it might be too bright of a red CF.
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/10/03 08:00 PM

Make it like this with a heat extraction vent and I'm in.
I'll check on all the venting..

Eric
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/10/03 08:04 PM
Yeah if it has the vents i wil be in for sure, but i still want a SCOOP !
Posted By: ElKy Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/10/03 08:05 PM
i think the silver carbon would look fuggin cool!!!
heres an example...

Okay! If there's anything else I can do to get this going I would be happy to do it!
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/10/03 08:13 PM
Eric why dont you just give em your AOL screen name .....might be easier
If there is going to be any venting it will most likely be to dissapate heat and not attract air (scoop).

I'm into functional moreso than looks.

Eric
if there is a functional scoop involved, I am in too
Moose
At this time until I recieve more information this hood does not incude any venting/scoops. It is a OEM hood. I will check on the venting but no promises.

Eric
Has anyone determined the weight difference between OEM and Carbon Fiber?
Please let me know where this is at in Cali. I may be in for the $279 price depending on pick up.
Where did it say it was in Cali? I may be even more interested if I could pick it up, but I want to know how much weight I can shave.
If you can paint it silver frost i'd be very interested. $400 isn't too bad. Who is the manufacturer? Only because I'm curious
Posted By: TGO Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 01:12 AM
Silver, and vents...I might ask for my deposit back form the other GB!
so if u dont use the hood pins, is it secure just like the stock hoods or almost as secure. black wasn't listed as a color. is it an option.
Posted By: tekken4 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 03:44 AM
i still like the carbon fiber checkered look.but i would pay to have it painted the same color as the car with vents
(reddish burgundy)
Here are some pictures

BLUE KEVLAR

DEL SOL EXAMPLE

Silver/Black Kevlar (standard)

The hoods are now available as an INVADER style hood for an extra $100 and some more time involved. I will get pictures of the "invader" style vented/scoopy hoods.

Thanks,
Eric
Invader Style now in effect $100 more!

ZX-2 example!

Thanks,
Eric
All I can say is WOW! Those look awesome. I think I'll have to stick with the unvented hood, though. I really like the vented hood, but I don't have the go to back up that show right now! Hehe!
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 01:52 PM
So it would be $600 shipped for a Silver Carbon Fiber hood with the vent ($100 extra for silver and $100 for the vent)? I think that just blew out the budget.

Why can't they all just be vented and save everyone $100 buy having one mold?

IMHO a stock carbon fiber hood isn't worth the trouble, and if you know anything about the Duratec Contour, it gets hella warm under the hood, so any reduction in underhood temps would help, especially in my case with my heat emitting turbo under there.
I know what you mean Stazi about both the money and the heat in our cars. Just because our cars aren't turboed nobody believes me about the heat. I'm having oil related issues due to heat.

As far as pricing goes I will beat up my supplier and see what I can drum up. I must admit after seeing the invader style hood I do like it a lot! I really like to keep people's options open as far as color and style.

I will try to work my magic and get some better pricing, only becuase I love you all!

Eric
Originally posted by thisgirls98.5SVT:
All I can say is WOW! Those look awesome. I think I'll have to stick with the unvented hood, though. I really like the vented hood, but I don't have the go to back up that show right now! Hehe!

don't worry Amanda, stick wit CEG we'll get you the go! Go for the invader if the funds allow.

Eric
Originally posted by thisgirls98.5SVT:

don't worry Amanda, stick wit CEG we'll get you the go! Go for the invader if the funds allow.

Eric

I definitely need the go!! This car used to be quite peppy, but after driving it for a year it seems so slow now.

The more I look at the invader hood the more I like it, but I just can't afford to go that high. I'm currently on the GB for the Brullen cat-back system and I would also like the Velox 8s! I would be willing to vote for the invader mold if it would cut down the cost!
Well then I need to check with my supplier to see if it's cheaper with the one mold (invader) or not. I also need to know from people here if they prefer the stock or invader style. All I know is that I need 15 people.

Eric
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 03:02 PM
You don't need 300hp to warrant that hood. It's all very functional regardless of the tune of your car.
Posted By: JETNBYA Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 03:02 PM
I am wanting to know what the weight savings is. Otherwise, I vote for the invader. And I am in, if we can get the price down with one mold.

Jim
I have a feeling less hood (invader/less material) less weight as compared to the stock (more material).

Eric
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 03:27 PM
I will try to work my magic and get some better pricing, only becuase I love you all!

Eric

???????????????????? YUCK
Posted By: morbid Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 03:56 PM
Too bad this didn't happen in a year or so... I'd really like one, but I only picked up my Contour about 5 weeks ago.... and I doubt the wifey would sign off on this
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 05:15 PM
Don't worry. If the past is a sign of how things happen around here, it'll be months until we see hoods, no disrespect to Flecha, that's just how it is. It's not like ordering a sandwhich.

Maybe you'll have enough time to butter up the wifey so that she'll allow you to buy toys for the broom-broom when the time comes!
wow,

if the vented hood is in and we can drop the price a tad, I am going to reconsider selling my tour!
Moose

where's Mikeboy? I'd have figured he'd have already photochopped it onto a tour!
Vented hoods, Stazi might correct me on this but per my theory on Vented hoods could create a vaccuum effect with will dissapate heat at an even faster rate. If your driving down the road at lets say 40mph with only the driver's window open, feel the rate at which the air comes in. Now open the passenger window and the rate at which the air comes in the driver's window dramitically increases, it's because opeing the passenger window creates a vacuum. I've notice this in my apartment as well, no windows open, my front door closes softly; but when I open a window it creates a vacuum where my front doors slams close. Anyways if this is true of this vented hood trust me we will all BE VERY happy.

Eric
Posted By: tekken4 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 06:22 PM
the invader and vents and I am in!
Why do we have to wait months. Summer is right around the coner. I do wait to have it to show
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 06:25 PM
I want one! Let's get this going! Price is great too and I will finally have the money!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 06:28 PM
I'm in and no vents please.
To keep pricing down I will probably be able to only offer the invader or the stock like carbon hood only, looks like the invader. The invader comes as is in the picture, just one wide vent to dissapate heat, no other vents. Please make sure you understand this.

Eric
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 07:25 PM
Very close Eric.

As the air passes over the bulge before the vent opening it has to speed up which creates a low pressure system (like how a wing works per Bernouli's Law), just in the cavity above the vent. The pressure here is lower than the air pressure in the engine bay and thus the air in the engine bay exits the engine bay through the vent in the hood as "high pressure fluids always move to a lower pressure area". So it's almost like the air passing over the hood, as you are driving, is sucking the air out of the engine bay, which helps drop the engine bay temp as the hot air is replaced by cooler fresh air from under the car and from through the radiator. So it makes the car run cooler, which is always good.
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 07:28 PM
Please get us a final cost, estimated manufacture time and delivery on this Eric, if we can get the Invader hood. Functionality is where it's at!
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Please get us a final cost, estimated manufacture time and delivery on this Eric, if we can get the Invader hood. Functionality is where it's at!

agreed. i may be interested as well. i need to think about it for a few days...

Stazi or Fletch....or anyone...
What's water consumption going to be like?
Is it a concern with these hoods?
Very close Eric.

As the air passes over the bulge before the vent opening it has to speed up which creates a low pressure system (like how a wing works per Bernouli's Law), just in the cavity above the vent. The pressure here is lower than the air pressure in the engine bay and thus the air in the engine bay exits the engine bay through the vent in the hood as "high pressure fluids always move to a lower pressure area". So it's almost like the air passing over the hood, as you are driving, is sucking the air out of the engine bay, which helps drop the engine bay temp as the hot air is replaced by cooler fresh air from under the car and from through the radiator. So it makes the car run cooler, which is always good.

Just as I was thinking, trust me guys we're talking a nice drop in engine temperature with this hood.

Tomorrow morning I will finalize pricing on these hoods.

Thanks,
Eric
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 07:42 PM
If we do it right and mount the vent directly above the gap between the radiator and the front exhaust manifold, the water can just drip straight through onto the ground.

I have a vented hood right now, that I did myself and I have NEVER had any issues with rain, car washes or snow, etc. So I don't think you have anything to worry about.

See pics of my hood here:

www.pbase.com/anastazi/svt_pics

And yes, the Cosworth vents on it are FULLY functional.
I will also check with my supplier as to rain/water issues as he has been doing this for years and is well versed on the issue.

Eric
Flech,
I'm in if the invader is a go! I want that functionality! Silver carbon, heat release....please get this going ASAP!
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/11/03 09:49 PM
i still would definitely like to get in on this with the Invader style, but i wont have the money for like 2 months though Are you stopping the GB when you get 15? or are you looking to get as many as possible?
I would really like to stop it at 15 to expedite these hoods, if I wait for people it would just delay it even further. The stock carbon takes 30 days for a prototype, the invader even longer so I have a feeling you might have some time.

Once the mold is done these can be manufactured like hot cakes!

Eric
I have a feeling you may have more than 15 right now, what then?
Moose
the more the marrier, I just will not wait until obscene and ridiculous amounts of time to get these done like other group buys.

Eric
Flecha - Have you had a chance to talk to the supplier yet about pricing and such?
Posted By: morbid Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/12/03 05:15 PM
might they be able to hang on to the mold for a longer period of time... for those of us who are interested, but cannot do it at this time? Possibly for an additional GB in the future?
Just waiting on a call back Amanda, he's in Cali so PCT I'm just waiting.

Eric
Just waiting on a call back Amanda, he's in Cali so PCT I'm just waiting.

Eric

Cool, thanks!
Posted By: tekken4 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/12/03 07:21 PM
Will this GB be set up for PayPal.
Quick and safe!
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/12/03 07:25 PM
if i have some time that would be great, because I am soooooo very interested in getting into this GB. just need some time though
paypal will be accepted, but only with transferred funds from your bank account. IF you use a credit card to pay via paypal you MUST add 2.9% to your total and I doubt people will want to do that.

I just thought about this, I just need the 15 to get this started, then I can sell these on a 1 order basis after that so if people can't afford these now they will have chances later.

This is a US Manufacturer, once the mold is made he can make them as orders come in. But we need 15 so help me out with this.

Eric
Any new news about the price for them all being the invader?
Also, if you can, I am interested in seeing the cf in the silver, thanks
Moose
Posted By: tekken4 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/12/03 08:50 PM
PayPal is go for me. I need a price and when do you need it?
Will the invader have a vent or not? I like Back/silver caviler
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/12/03 08:51 PM
Do you want a deposit for now, or everything up front?
Originally posted by tekken4:
PayPal is go for me. I need a price and when do you need it?
Will the invader have a vent or not? I like Back/silver caviler

The "Invader" is just that a vented hood.

Everybody hold on to your money until I finalize pricing.
I'm trying to get him to cut $100 off (basically nix the stock mold and just produce the invader mold).

That would leave everyone with one option, $100 extra for color if they want it.

Eric
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/12/03 09:59 PM
paypal will be accepted, but only with transferred funds from your bank account. IF you use a credit card to pay via paypal you MUST add 2.9% to your total and I doubt people will want to do that.

I just thought about this, I just need the 15 to get this started, then I can sell these on a 1 order basis after that so if people can't afford these now they will have chances later.

This is a US Manufacturer, once the mold is made he can make them as orders come in. But we need 15 so help me out with this.

Eric

excellent that would be perfect if this happened.
Let me know when and where to send the deposit...I'm a go!
Posted By: tekken4 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/12/03 10:48 PM
Originally posted by wavrdr:
Let me know when and where to send the deposit...I'm a go!

That's all that I need to know too!! I'm in no matter what.
Compliments of the Photoshop Master Himself......
Mikey Boy!
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/13/03 04:25 AM
AWSOME!!! makes me want it even more. come on summer give me some money!
<-Waiting for price....
Posted By: ElKy Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/13/03 12:17 PM
any chance of seeing that in the silver carbon-fiber look?
My supplier hasn't contacted me yet, I let him know by email that if I didn't hear from him today on final pricing I was going to assume he wasn't interested (I highly doubt it).
Just please be patient.

Eric
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/13/03 01:12 PM
Very nice, I think the black would even look good, but yes, seeing it in the silver CF would be nice.

Also see if you can get Mikey Boy to move the vent about 6" further forward so it is situated closer the the front of the hood, rather than over the middle of it. Right now it is sitting where the injectors are (water falling in there wouldn't be good!). The vent should be closer to the front manifold and radiator.

Once he moves it, show it in silver and black, PLEASE!

TIA
Posted By: m!key Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/13/03 05:11 PM
Very nice, I think the black would even look good, but yes, seeing it in the silver CF would be nice.

Also see if you can get Mikey Boy to move the vent about 6" further forward so it is situated closer the the front of the hood, rather than over the middle of it. Right now it is sitting where the injectors are (water falling in there wouldn't be good!). The vent should be closer to the front manifold and radiator.

TIA

gezzzzzzzzzzus man, can i get you a cup of coffee too?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/13/03 05:17 PM
Originally posted by mikey boy:

TIA

gezzzzzzzzzzus man, can i get you a cup of coffee too?

LOL
Posted By: SVTcoop Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/13/03 06:33 PM
WOW, that is beautiful...heh

count me in, if it looks like that!
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/13/03 06:36 PM
Well if we get the picture right, then we can show it to the manufacturer so he knows how it is to be made.

I think others he would share in my sentiments that we want the hood made correctly to make it usefull, and not for just the "bling" factor.

Please help mikey. Thanks.
Posted By: m!key Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/13/03 07:12 PM

the hood is going to be silver CF for everyone? i thought that the black would be more of a color that would look good on everyones car. check the sig reguarding future requests.
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/13/03 07:19 PM
MUCH better, thanks mikeyboy.

PS I think Eric said the Invader would be the only design, but variance in colour would cost $100 more.
yes that is my plan, $399 invader hood shipped plus $100 color option.

This is unconfirmed.

will inform everyone as soon as I recieve word.

Eric
Okay I really hope this works out. I love the look of the invader hood and can't wait to have it on my car!!
do you know if this hood will fit a 98 mystique if so I want one
Posted By: shaun252 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/14/03 03:40 AM
You can count me in if this goes through.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/14/03 06:29 PM
This still going to be $400 shipped? I am poor and just have the money for the hood.
LATEST NEWS, I could NOT convince him to go lower so the pricing remains the same.

$270.00 + $129.00 Shipping & Handling)
FREE aluminum hood pins are included, which normally cost $34.95 at retail price.

$100 more for Invader
$100 more for red, silver, yellow, red/blue carbon kevlar.

sorry guys I tried, anyone who is still interested let me know as I need 15 people.

My plans for myself are the regular carbon fiber with invader style
$499 shipped

again both options are available.

Eric
I'm out,

I'd want silver and I just can't see paying 600 for the invader.
Posted By: JETNBYA Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/15/03 08:10 PM
LATEST NEWS, I could NOT convince him to go lower so the pricing remains the same.

$270.00 + $129.00 Shipping & Handling)

$100 more for Invader
$100 more for red, silver, yellow, red/blue carbon kevlar.

sorry guys I tried, anyone who is still interested let me know as I need 15 people.

My plans for myself are the regular carbon fiber with invader style
$499 shipped

again both options are available.

Eric

Sorry, but this seems like way too much! I want the invader and silver. So, I may be interested if I can pick it up and avoid the shipping, as, I believe you said the place is in CA. If not I am out!

Jim
Eric,
I'm in for it...any idea how long beofre it's available? When, where, and how much for deposit?

Alan
As soon as I recieved the total for 15 people he will start on them.

CA residents you can save on shipping if you want to pick it up yourself.

you must pay sales tax and a $25 pickup charge.

Eric

just curious if anyone else is selling the Invader carbon fiber hoods for our cars?
Posted By: shaun252 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/18/03 12:54 AM
im in for an invader one
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/18/03 02:02 AM
just curious if anyone else is selling the Invader carbon fiber hoods for our cars?

the other hood group buy is for a cf hood with that style.
Flecha, I just hit a deer this weekend and need a new hood, fenders, front, ect. I'm waiting for a check from the insurance company. As of right now I am VERY interested in your group buy. I'll PM you tonite.
Originally posted by 1314:

you guys are bitching about the price, how's $525+ depending on shipping for that hood? LOL. I'm not trying to get in anyone's way here but I don't want to hear that these hoods are overpriced. $499 Invader shipped anywhere in the country and if you live in Cali or just want to pick it up it's $404+tax for the Invader.

geez..

eric
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/18/03 03:46 PM
Originally posted by 1314:

you guys are bitching about the price, how's $525+ depending on shipping for that hood? LOL. I'm not trying to get in anyone's way here but I don't want to hear that these hoods are overpriced. $499 Invader shipped anywhere in the country and if you live in Cali or just want to pick it up it's $404+tax for the Invader.

geez..

eric

i was just letting you know about the other group buy. i got my hood from the first oem cf buy. with shipping it was 500. i don't know who thinks your price is overpriced. it's not like we have dozens of suppliers to choose from.
Just imagine $500 for an invader..I think its a deal.
Guys (and girls) can we PLEASE get our sh!t together? These hoods will look good beyond belief. Right now there is only like 5-6 of us who want the hoods. Not only do they cool our extremely hot running engines but they look unreal. Did I say that once before? I understand 500+ is alot to throw out, but remember we are creating our own aftermarket.
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/24/03 12:48 PM
I'm in and can sned payment in as soon as I know we are going to get these made.
Right now I only have about 6 people, way less than the 15 so It's only delaying it that much. This can happen anytime, no timeline but I wanted to let everyone know.

Eric
As of right now who else is in besides you, stazi, and myself?
Originally posted by svtzap:
As of right now who else is in besides you, stazi, and myself?

wavrdr
shaun252
Posted By: SVTdad Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/28/03 12:12 AM
you can count me in. i will get one, but still not sure which one to go with. i'm thinking probably the plain black carbon fiber vader version. oh, and let your manufacturer know that we appreciate the options!
FlechaAutoSports
stazi the aussie
wavrdr
shaun252
svtzap
svtdad
Posted By: bamf2go Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/28/03 04:23 PM
Hey so is it possible to get it painted the factory color? And how much are we saying for the invader shipped? $500?
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 03/28/03 05:02 PM
flech... i am in... especially if i can make payments on it...
FlechaAutoSports
stazi the aussie
wavrdr
shaun252
svtzap
svtdad
MarkusSVT

Black Invader Carbon $499 shipped $100 more for colored carbon fiber kevlar.

I will not be getting painted ones just carbon fiber.
Originally posted by Ricksvt:
do you know if this hood will fit a 98 mystique if so I want one

I've been looking to see if anyone answered this, so if someone did, I apologize...I have a 2000 Mystique, and I'd be interested if it did, and, if so, do you need all money up front or what? Thanks!
I'm not too familiar with the mystique hood, but I would imagine that if it's not identical to the contour hood it will not work.

Eric
when do you need the money? Because I'm clearing my credit card as fast I can. Please get back with me asap!!! Also have a friend looking to get in on this hood!!!! So please pm me info thanks!!!
I will need the money as soon as I have 15 people, then I will take the deposits.

Eric
okay will the deposits been in full payment or half?
Posted By: godzilia Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 04/03/03 12:23 AM
I am in........ just let me know when to send the money.... I was talking to ZapSVT and he filled me in...... I would like the invadar hood too......
FlechaAutoSports
stazi the aussie
wavrdr
shaun252
svtzap
svtdad
MarkusSVT
shaun95GT
Godzillia

Black Invader Carbon $499 shipped $100 more for colored carbon fiber kevlar

when I have 15 people I would need a full deposit.
Posted By: Stazi Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 04/03/03 01:03 PM
Ready and waiting...........
Ready and waiting...........

That makes 2 of us......hopefully we can get 5 more people.
Posted By: CincySVT Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 04/04/03 02:23 PM
I might be interested in about 2 weeks to a month before I can get the money. I also am not able to see the pictures, can someone email them to me? Thanks would I still be able to get in on this if I can get the money in 2 weeks to a month. I would want the Invader style in Silver carbon Fiber. Thanks
Griffin
Originally posted by CincySVT:
I might be interested in about 2 weeks to a month before I can get the money. I also am not able to see the pictures, can someone email them to me? Thanks would I still be able to get in on this if I can get the money in 2 weeks to a month. I would want the Invader style in Silver carbon Fiber. Thanks
Griffin

Time is not really a concern now... lol this thing isn't exactly taking off fast.
$499 invader
$599 silver invader for cincysvt

FlechaAutoSports
stazi the aussie
wavrdr
shaun252
svtzap
svtdad
MarkusSVT
shaun95GT
Godzillia
Cincysvt

eric
You can put me on the list for the invader ($499), but i dont know when i can get the money. Maybe 2-4 weeks and i should have it, unless i need to save up more, so i can make sure i have enough in account for other things.

Thanks

Tony
nevermind. i probably wont be keeping my car for too much longer. Not sure though. So dont add me to the list. Sorry about that.

Tony
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 04/23/03 08:10 PM
you say the place is in CA, what city?? i'm in if it's semi close to me, im in san bernardino. you said 270 + 25 pickup charge for just the oem carbon fiber right? if all this is confirmed and i can pick it up, i am 100% in.
We're only doing the invader style..not the OEM.

sorry
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 04/24/03 06:14 PM
ok, nevermind then i wasnt trying to spend that much. thanx though.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 04/24/03 06:15 PM
but if u can get the oem style or any other style for the 300 or so price anytime soon, PM me or post, thanx.
Posted By: contour6 Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 05/01/03 03:19 PM
i am for surely intrestited, and the price was what exactly per individual CF hood?
Posted By: JETNBYA Re: 98+ New Factory Real Carbon Fiber Hood - 05/01/03 04:43 PM
I guess I am going in, as long as I can pick the thing up here in CA. I want the silver one.

Jim
98+ INVADER style CARBON FIBER HOODs

FlechaAutoSports (carbon)
stazi the aussie (carbon)
wavrdr (carbon)
shaun252 (carbon)
svtzap (carbon)
svtdad (carbon)
MarkusSVT (carbon)
shaun95GT (carbon)
Godzillia (carbon)
Cincysvt (carbon)
Contour6 (carbon)
JETNBYA (silver)

Anyone who is NOT still interested please post so I have an accurate list.
any corrections in colors let me know.
thanks
Eric
© CEG Archives