Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 2xtr99 WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/05/03 06:00 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN BUYING WIDE BODY KITS FOR THERE SVT'S MY KIT WILL BE DONE IN TWO WEEKS AND IF PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING THEM I HAVE A FRIEND WILLING TO PRODUCE THE KITS FOR A GROUP BUY. I WILL HAVE PICTURES OF THE COMPLETED PROJECT IN THREE WEEKS OR YOU CAN SEE IT A CARLISLE ALL FORD NATIONALS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUR INTERSTED.
Posted By: m!key Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/05/03 06:12 PM
wouldnt a wide body kit work on all contours? i cant wait to see the pics.
Posted By: 2xtr99 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/05/03 06:19 PM
IT COULD BE PUT ON ANY CONTOUR THERE MIGHT BE SOME MINOR MODS BUT ANYTHING CAN BE DONE
Posted By: MotorCity Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/05/03 06:20 PM
Sounds cool. I don't see why you would need to make any mods. It bolts up in the exact same places.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/05/03 06:20 PM
After i see a pic and prices!!! .... i'll let you know!~!
Posted By: m!key Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/05/03 06:22 PM
yeah, like he said. pics and prices and then i will make my decision. thanks.
Posted By: sordz_dup1 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/05/03 07:14 PM
Im interested in seeing some pics and seeing the PRICE!
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/05/03 08:28 PM
pics please..
Posted By: IonNinja Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/05/03 08:58 PM
damn a wide body kit...I always wanted to see somethin like this
Posted By: onosway Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/05/03 09:08 PM
Is this a fender flare kit or a whole widebody fender replacement kit?

FENDER KIT -

or a FLARE KIT? to be added and molded?
MOLDED

ADDED
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/05/03 09:19 PM
Pics and Prices.
Posted By: m!key Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/05/03 11:04 PM
i hope it is a flair kit.
Posted By: Swazo Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/06/03 02:57 AM
YEAH NO DOUBT!! I just had my whole car repainted, I could live with just having to paint some wheel well flares.

I'll be waiting for price and pics, but I am interested!
Posted By: blackshan Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/06/03 04:22 AM
We do need a body kit with fenders that flare so maybe we can get some bigger tires on! What are some prices and pics and I'll get back with u!!
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/06/03 02:59 PM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
i hope it is a flair kit.

My thoughts exactly!
Posted By: 2xtr99 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/06/03 04:13 PM
just getting back to some of you guys that are interested especially nyceiboy they are not flares they are wide body fenders we made them then molded them to the car. they are very similar to the gold car you have pictured in the center of your reply. they are going to widen your car 5-6 inches in the front and rear
Posted By: TGO Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/06/03 05:02 PM
I have 3 words:

OH HELLS YEAH!

I am down for this like a cheap whore. Let's see some pics and prices man!
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/06/03 05:04 PM
i would be interested....cant afford it right now, but definetly plan on doing something like it in the future.
btw, if its a widebody kit, wouldnt the front and rear fascias have to be widened too?
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/06/03 08:34 PM
pics and prices.
Posted By: morbid Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/06/03 08:58 PM
would it be a safe assumption that these fenders are fiberglass? If so (or if not) what are the projected weight differences?
Posted By: onosway Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/07/03 02:15 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong but this is how it will look guys - wide in the front and wide in the back - he mentioned it would be a kit. I couldn't find pics of a 4door with it - but i've seen a WRX and an 4door Accord with a similar custom kit.

Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/07/03 03:44 AM
i would guess the front fenders would be farely easy, but the rear might be problem because of the doors. once again, unless this kit comes with widened fascias, im not exactly sure how this is going to be possible.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/07/03 04:44 AM
that would be bad ass, except I have a Zetec
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/07/03 04:56 AM
i kinda like teh foci wide-body kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2406048817&category=6766
Posted By: onosway Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/07/03 06:01 AM
It's possible because you have to get it molded to the door... I wonder if they are going to offer a bolt-on kit for the folks that don't want to pay to get the door parts molded.

Well, it's possible since he IS getting it done - let's wait and see what happens.

Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/07/03 02:34 PM
There is a place out here in SE MI that did a set of flares for an Audi that I saw in Orlando, FL. The company is called Fournier Enterprises. The flares were english wheeled Steel flares and the cost on them was a little over $2,000. If someone can host a couple pics I will e-mail them so they can be posted.
-Mark
Posted By: m!key Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/07/03 02:37 PM
email them to me at lugan73@aol.com.
Posted By: 2xtr99 Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/07/03 07:59 PM
YOUR PICS ARE PRETTY CLOSE TO THE KIT I'M MAKING. I;M STILL TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO WITH THE GAS TANK SO IT WILL BE EASIER FOR SOMEONE WHO BUYS IT. THE ONLY THING I WILL MAKE AND SELL ARE THE WIDE FENDERS AND THEY WILL BE ABE TO BE BOLTED ON BUT THEY WILL NOT LOOK NEAR AS GOOD AS THEY DO MOLDED.
Posted By: onosway Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/07/03 11:32 PM
go sparco quarter turn gas cap - and make it part of the kit... that's the best way to execute this kit. If I can find a pic i'll post it but you probably don't want to keep the stock gas door unless you cut around it and some other funky stuff.
Posted By: onosway Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/07/03 11:40 PM
FOUND IT - this is the non-locking kind but there are locking ones too... this would be your best bet to solving the gas tank issue.
Posted By: MotorCity Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/08/03 12:03 AM
You do see the one on the right has a lock on it right?
Posted By: onosway Re: WIDE BODY KIT FOR SVT - 03/08/03 02:00 AM
lol, i didn't really look at it thanks! so there you have it. http://www.sparcousa.com/
© CEG Archives