Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: jonnie Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/19/03 04:19 PM
Greetings,
I have spoken with my local auto performance retailer (here in glorious Ontario) and his price for the 9005ST and 9006ST SilverStar bulbs are $50 CDN each plus tax. If we have enough interest (ie. 20 sets) he will bring the price down to $40CDN/bulb plus tax plus your shipping costs. Any interest?? I need confirmation of your commitment to buy and I'll contact him to set up the order for the bulbs. I'll then provide you with his address and any other required info.

Jonnie
Posted By: PXRacing Re: Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/19/03 04:50 PM
so thats what, 30 taro in Hawaiian

is this gb only for Canadians????
Posted By: jonnie Re: Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/19/03 05:02 PM
I've spoken with the retailer and he has to check and see if there is anything in particular about shipping to the US. He will let me know. He's indicated it shouldn't be a problem but would definitely have to be ordered on a credit card.

Jonnie
Posted By: tourman113 Re: Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/19/03 05:04 PM
Isn't the price already 40 bucks a set plus a ten dollar mail in rebate in the U.S anyways...hmmm
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/19/03 10:26 PM
40 dollars canadian goofball....

they are 20 bucks a bulb in the states, but canadian dollars arent the same........
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/20/03 02:52 AM
I'd really like to get these for my car, and MAD props for getting a Canadian group buy on the go.....

BUT if the lights are in fact 20$ each in the States, 50 Canadian plus tax is a bit of a rip IMHO.

Any way to get the price down?
Posted By: Vermeleon69 Re: Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/20/03 04:07 AM
i just bought a some silverstars today, $20.99 each including tax. i got them from my local autozone dealer. i did the hight to low conversion. its amazing what i can see now. not dissapointed. a very nice bright white, no blue tint at all, just white.
Posted By: bxd20_dup1 Re: Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/20/03 07:12 PM
$40 CDN is a little over $25 US. I'd look for a better deal, because I paid 24.99 regular price at the corner auto parts store.

Unless Canadian stores have to pay some kind of tariff on US goods, but I thought NAFTA took care of that.

Brian Dors
99 SVT
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/20/03 10:25 PM
But even if you did pay a tariff on it it shouldn't amount to 50 plus tax
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/21/03 07:40 PM
Why not let the Canadian people decide if this is a good or bad deal.
That said I'd be interested pending getting the right number of people.
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/21/03 08:19 PM
Why not just cross over the border and get them when you guys go to Can-Am Cruise?
Posted By: musicnut_dup1 Re: Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/21/03 09:58 PM
I will second Vermeleon69's comments. The SilverStar's are incredible, especially if you do the high to low beam conversion. My factory high beams were good but my lows sucked. With four SilverStar highs, my lows are great and my highs are incredible. The light is definately whiter than stock but more importantly, the road is really iluminated. Just be careful in aiming your lights to keep from blinding somebody.
Posted By: Vermeleon69 Re: Canadian SilverStar Group Buy - 02/21/03 10:03 PM
Originally posted by musicnut:
I will second Vermeleon69's comments. The SilverStar's are incredible, especially if you do the high to low beam conversion. My factory high beams were good but my lows sucked. With four SilverStar highs, my lows are great and my highs are incredible. The light is definately whiter than stock but more importantly, the road is really iluminated. Just be careful in aiming your lights to keep from blinding somebody.

yea make sure u aim them, i forgot to aim them and i couldnt see the road at all and i was lighting up the tops of trees, it was funny to me, but probly not to the oncomming traffic. oh well all is fixed now.
© CEG Archives