Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: timfiredog_dup1 Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 12:10 AM
Oh yes, I can be the man if the price is right. I have a relative who works for the Aussie Government, and I remembered the other day that he was down there. I have contacted him via email, and he is going to find out the actual price for us, including shipping, seeing as I am an importer. I just need to know how many people are serious, cause if I can get at least 10 people to sign up, I will place the order as soon as I hear back from him. Once again, this is the real deal, no CF hood BS. You pay, you get. All I would require is 10% down. As soon as I get the first shippment, I will be ordering more before Zing to have for sale, meaning I will be stocking these.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 01:29 AM
OK count me in , i just hope it doesnt take MONTHS like most GB's ......If you think it wont be any longer then a month i'll do it .

Posted By: lardy Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 01:29 AM
Approximate price?

And is this a picture of the one we're talking about?

http://www.fototime.com/314817B378A2AE6/standard.jpg

L.
Posted By: timfiredog_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 01:34 AM
Hopefully gonna be by mid March if everything works out ok. This is what it looks like
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 02:00 AM
I am in on it! Please be soon I cant wait as long as I am waiting for my body kit!!!!
Posted By: lardy Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 02:38 AM
Originally posted by lardy:
Approximate price?

Any idea on the price? I'm not looking to nail down a firm price here. Just a ballpark figure.

L.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 02:55 AM
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I am in on it! Please be soon I cant wait as long as I am waiting for my body kit!!!!

MY WORDS EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!
im thinking its gonna look cool on my car ...!
Posted By: Vermeleon69 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 03:58 AM
i would be.. pending on price. i mean it is only a peice of plastic that is rather easy to steal i beleive.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Vermeleon69:
i would be.. pending on price. i mean it is only a peice of plastic that is rather easy to steal i beleive.

LOL get some flush self tapping screws !!! HAHAH, "joking"
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 04:25 AM
If you can pull this off, I would be in.

I was thinking of doing this last summer, but didn't have the time to make the arrangements
with the dealer that Hugo bought his from. All I got were prices, and they were more than willing to support a group buy.

Please count me in if the price is reasonable.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 04:40 AM
It seems like a company here in the USA would produce these, why do we make everything for the tours and not this rear windows spolier ?.....
Posted By: Swazo Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 05:00 AM
I'm in as long the price isn't outragouse......
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 12:44 PM
I'm in.
Posted By: bkent_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 02:38 PM
I'm in, how do you install, double sided tape?
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 02:57 PM
yes - it is double sided tape.
also be aware that it is not a PERFECT fit....however, it is VERY close.

Here is a pic of what I mean:

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 02:59 PM
It comes with everything you need to install. You guys will need a China pen so you know where you need to slap it down before removing the the tape paper. It comes with a chemical that you apply to the double sided tape. The double sided tape it comes with would even be enough. When you lay it down it's not coming off so you've got one shot to get it right. It has been suggested to get a buddy for this but I did mine alone w/o problems.
Posted By: timfiredog_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 03:41 PM
As far as getting it made here in the US, I am already working on that, along with some other items that you will hear about a Spring Zing. Price, dunno yet, should have that info by Fri.
Posted By: timfiredog_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/18/03 04:08 PM
ok, If someone can tell me the Years and models of the Falcon that was similar to the Coutour, I can get a better Idea on where to track these things down. And if I am mistaken about the car, let me know.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/19/03 01:32 AM
Originally posted by timfiredog:
ok, If someone can tell me the Years and models of the Falcon that was similar to the Coutour, I can get a better Idea on where to track these things down. And if I am mistaken about the car, let me know.

falcon? i thought these were from mondeos hatchbacks or wagons down in australia.
Posted By: outkast Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/19/03 01:53 AM
IT CAN,T BE!!!I ASKED COULD ANYONE GET THESE SPOILERS
IN ANOTHER POST!I THOUGHT IT WAS A DEAD IDEA!BUT IF
YOU CAN PULL IT OFF AND THE PRICE IS GOOD!I,LL TAKE TWO
FOR THE CRAZY-CONTOURS OF MARYLAND!!!!
Def count me in if the price is reasonable! that would look sweet with the little lipper wing I have on my 97 tour!

Jerry
Posted By: Vermeleon69 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/19/03 04:13 AM
yay lets see this happen!! lets hope for a good price!! man crazy ill help ya put yours on if you help me put on mine!
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/19/03 03:52 PM
As long as the price isn't way out of the ball field, then you have another buyer.
Posted By: SVT24 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/19/03 05:10 PM
I am interested depending on time frame, and price.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/19/03 05:13 PM
im in depending on price
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/19/03 06:02 PM
Pic on Silver Frost.

Archived posts regarding the sunshade.

http://ceg.dyndns.org/archives/9907/msg00109.html
Posted By: timfiredog_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/21/03 04:04 PM
ok, here is the email I got this morning from the guys in Australia.
Quote:

Good Morning Tim from Melbourne Australia. Please note the following on your inquiry. In Australia we have 2 models on the
Mondeo 1998.

4 Door Sedan: Part Number HA-18249-A Rear Sun Shade $88.50 aud
5 Door Hatch Part Number HA-18249-B Rear Sun Shade $88.50 aud
Both are available in our stock. The only difference in Price for Export is the Freight costs for dispatch. Bayford Use
DHL international and freight costs Door to Door would be $165.00 aud and Time in Transit approx 2 to 3 days from
dispatch.

I hope this information is of help and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest regards and Thanks
John Grundy
Export Manager
Bayford Australia
Authorised Ford Australia Export Parts Operations
TELE 61-3-93413013
FAX 61-3-92413033

Sounds reasonable, but I did eamil him to verify the price of $165 shipped to me, I figure that once I have the shades, shipping to others here in the US won't be more than $20-$30. Does this sound reasonable to you guys?
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/21/03 04:15 PM
$195 shipped, I'm out.

3.0L here I come.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/21/03 06:47 PM
HOLY COW !! im out as well
Posted By: lardy Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/21/03 07:25 PM
I'm out as well. Damn thats pricey! Cool. But pricey.

L.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/22/03 06:50 AM
I am in if others are too!
Posted By: outkast Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/24/03 12:49 AM
THATS THE PROBLEM!!!!! this sunshade thing has
been driving me crazy for 2 years.I would only buy this
for show cars too easy to steal and made of thin
plastic.would cost only 39.95 if made in the US.The added
shipping cost just killed this group buy
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/24/03 03:45 AM
Ok now that all the maybes are out. Who is still in? I am, and my car isnt a show car, actually it would be perfect for up here, the snow always collects on the upper middle section of my rear window, right where i need too see. I clear off my windows but once i start driving it collects back in that spot. Does anyone know if you can safely go through a car wash with this on? Is this still going to happen?
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/24/03 04:05 AM
Originally posted by crazy-contour:
THATS THE PROBLEM!!!!! this sunshade thing has
been driving me crazy for 2 years.I would only buy this
for show cars too easy to steal and made of thin
plastic.would cost only 39.95 if made in the US.The added
shipping cost just killed this group buy

yes - it is easy to steal....in theory.

but the fu(k who tried to steal mine could only get a small portion off. its not thin plastic. trust me. if that guy could only get a piece off and then gave up...its tough to remove.

its pretty thick and safe.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/24/03 06:25 PM
for that price im out too
Posted By: timfiredog_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/25/03 12:49 AM
Hey, cool, The price the guy in Australia quoted me was $165 aussie money, which converts to $97 dollars US. I will verify the price with the guy tomorrow, but if we can fet them for under $150 US, who would be intrested. That includes shipping to your door.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/25/03 02:10 AM
Like I said I am still in!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/25/03 02:54 AM
My bill states $167.80 AUD.
Currency Converter is:

167.80 AUD Australia Dollars = 101.535 USD United States Dollars

1 AUD = 0.605096 USD 1 USD = 1.65263 AUD
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/25/03 01:43 PM
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Does anyone know if you can safely go through a car wash with this on? Is this still going to happen?

If it's touchless car wash yes. If it has the big "rollers" then I wouldn't chance it. I usually wash my car by hand and use touchless in the winter.
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/25/03 03:10 PM
"$150 to my door" If you can keep it very close to that price, then I would still be in. What are we looking at for an ETA once you have enough buyers. Weeks, Months, Years?
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/25/03 03:27 PM
OK, that sounds a little better , BUT i know how some of these Group Buys happen ,by the time i sit here and tap my toes waiting for something to develope or get shipped i will turn blue and green and most likely die in the process.

What is the ETA ? If its gonna be like the +98 Body Kit FORGET IT ..........i have nightmares about it still !
Posted By: timfiredog_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/25/03 04:10 PM
I will happen shortly if we can get a minimum of 5-10 people who want these. The 150 is the estimate after using the currency calculator. I will have them shipped here, then within two days after getting them, they will arrive on your doorstep. I you are intrested, send me a PM and will respond this evening.
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/25/03 10:09 PM
I'm in.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/25/03 11:01 PM
PM sent !!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/26/03 01:23 AM
sent
Posted By: ABeeSVT Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 02/26/03 02:29 AM
What is the cost going to be at the most.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 02/26/03 02:43 AM
I think its around $150.00 SHIPPED !!!!!!!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 02/26/03 03:02 AM
not to be an a$$ here...

but $150 US Dollars shipped is WAY too much.

Maybe you guys didn't see my previous post....
I paid $100 SHIPPED! Check my previous post and the currency converter.

Guys....be smart here.....150 is way overboard.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 02/26/03 02:22 PM
Well exchange rates do fluctuate so it might be $150 now. I know back in 98 I paid around $140 for mine total.
Posted By: ABeeSVT Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 02/26/03 07:07 PM
For $150 I am in!!! But how long of a wait?
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 02/26/03 09:09 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Well exchange rates do fluctuate so it might be $150 now. I know back in 98 I paid around $140 for mine total.

i believe those exchange rates are current (i may be wrong).

i can't believe you paid $40 more. Can the exchange rate change that much?
Posted By: timfiredog_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 02/27/03 02:55 AM
Ok guys, here's the deal. The rear window spoiler is $165 aud (Aussie money) which converts to around $98 US money. The extra $35-50 dollars was to have the spoliers shipped to me in St. Louis, Then I would reship them to the waiting parties. I now find it will be easier to give you all the followng information. The gentleman I have been dealing with in Australia is John Grundy. He is the Export Manager for Bayford Australia in Melbourne. To save me the $1600+ on the credit card this month, and to allow CEG members who are wanting to get these spoilers asap, I am suggesting the following. Contact John Grundy at jgrundy@bayford.com.au and let him know that you have been in contact with me as members of the CEG (my name is Tim Goss for those who must know)and what you are wanting. Like I said before, The aussie price is $165, which makes it just under $100 US. That is shipped to your door, no extra shipping charges, etc. This will also save me the time of shipping them out to the rightful owners. I will be ordering my 3 tomorrow, but according to Mr. Grundy, they have plenty in stock. Shipping time would be 2-3 days door-to-door. The part number you will need to give him is here ===> Part Number HA-18249-A . It is for a 4 Door Sedan, and is called the rear sun shade down under. I have held up my end as far as getting the prices, shipping, and contacts, now all you have to do is get one of these cool thingys, I know I will. If you have any other questions, email me.

Cheers, Tim
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 02/27/03 03:18 AM
Good man Tim.

good job following through with this information.

kudos bro.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 02/27/03 03:54 AM
e mail sent !!!!

this is gonna be NICE
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 02/27/03 05:26 AM
P/No HA-18249A is priced at $88.50 aud
Freight via DHL International Courier is $165.00 aud
=======================================
TOTAL COST in Australian Dollars (AUD) $253.50
=======================================
Payment methods: Bank Transfer or Credit Card
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 02/27/03 05:28 AM
253.00 AUD
Australia Dollars = 153.584 USD
United States Dollars
Live currency rates.

$ 153.00 guys ...........not bad !!
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 03/01/03 07:26 AM
My order is IN !!!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 03/01/03 09:56 PM
My order is in as well!
Posted By: timfiredog_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on! - 03/01/03 10:03 PM
See, looks like I done good maw. Mine are in and looking good. I am going to send one of too a local fabrication company that deals with palstics and materials of sorts. I am hopping that we can get these produced here in the US very soon, maybe even have them for Spring Zing.
Posted By: Drumbo_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/01/03 11:25 PM
What aerodynamic/drag coefficient improvements will I get by installing the rear-window spoiler?

With (or without) a moonroof air-deflector like this best-damn-looking black CSVT I've ever seen has, what dynamic/performance-effect does this rear-window spoiler have on the air flowing over it?

Any mod I make to my car has to have a practical and/or functional reason for being there. If it's only ornamental, it belongs on a Christmas tree.

Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/03/03 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Drumbo:
What aerodynamic/drag coefficient improvements will I get by installing the rear-window spoiler?

Ah...like...When babes sit in the back seat, they won't have the SUN beating on their back...

The SUN wouldn't be beating on the rear deck...

There will be a wee bit of GLARE removed from the rear window,
so you can see the Mack Truck before it rear-ends you...
Posted By: Drumbo_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/04/03 02:00 AM
Originally posted by RoadRunner:
Originally posted by Drumbo:

Ah...like...When babes sit in the back seat, they won't have the SUN beating on their back...

The SUN wouldn't be beating on the rear deck...

There will be a wee bit of GLARE removed from the rear window,
so you can see the Mack Truck before it rear-ends you...

Got those kinds of drag covered, thanks. My greenhouse has the max dark glass allowable in Texas for non-limos ... and that's pretty damn dark -- 99% IR and UV blockage and approx 50% visible light filtration.

Meanwhile, back at my original question about improved drag coefficient ... anyone have the specs?

Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/05/03 09:23 PM
Has anyone gotten theirs yet ???
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/07/03 09:56 AM
Hey everyone I got my rear window spoiler in the mail today and its awsome! The guy at Ford Australia was awsome! good communication and was letting me know at all times where it was. HOWEVER- He said that ford has stopped making them down there and that anyone that wants one needs to order quickly as they have very few left! I cant wait to put it on!
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/07/03 10:55 PM
in reading the past posts, i got confused on the total price shipped to my door? can anyone help me out there?
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/07/03 10:58 PM
Originally posted by One Tan MDer:
in reading the past posts, i got confused on the total price shipped to my door? can anyone help me out there?

apparently it depends on where you live in the states.
i'm in MA and it cost $100 total to get it to the door.
others in, for example MI, are being charged $140 total....shipped.

Remember, these prices that I just posted are in USD.
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/12/03 01:10 AM
Originally posted by One Tan MDer:

Total shipped out to you is $253.50 AUS - Australian Dollars.
Converted to US and charged on my MasterCard was $161.60.
The amount you are charged depends on what the exchange rate is for the day.
Last week it was $153. This week is is $165.
The amount fluctuates.

I got mine yesterday from John Grundy.
It was in PERFECT condition.

John also wrote back to me in an email saying...

Originally posted by John Grundy:
Hello Pete. Great to hear it arrived in good order. Look forward to seeing pictures
of vehicle. If you know of anyone else interested in this sunshade please tell them
that there is only a few left at Ford Australia and when these are sold they will be
no longer available.

Regards from Australia
John

If anyone wants one of these you need to order them NOW!!
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/12/03 02:38 PM
My order has been placed! John Grundy is very good about responding and getting the sun shade out quickly. Could anyone tell me how long it takes to get to my door approx.?
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/13/03 01:57 AM
3 to 4 days and it should be there.Mine took 3!
Posted By: Drumbo_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/13/03 02:47 AM
Originally posted by RoadRunner:
Has anyone gotten theirs yet ???

"Meanwhile, back at my original question about improved drag coefficient ... anyone have the specs?"

Absolutely no one -- not even the vendors' shills, who stalk this forum -- had anything to say about this. My guess is, this item is nothing more than eye-candy to pretty-up your ride.

Posted By: Swazo Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/13/03 11:39 PM
I sent off my email today! I can't wait!!
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/14/03 05:37 PM
I just received mine today. That was friggin fast! Can't wait to put it on.
Posted By: lardy Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/14/03 08:25 PM
There's got to be a plexi company that could knock these off for half the price and still make some money. If they were $80US or so I'd be all over them.

Grrr......why does all the cool stuff have to be expensive.

L.
Posted By: Drumbo_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/15/03 02:10 AM
Originally posted by lardy:
There's got to be a plexi company that could knock these off for half the price and still make some money. If they were $80US or so I'd be all over them.

Grrr......why does all the cool stuff have to be expensive.

L.

Why is the "cool stuff" expensive?

It's simple, Mate: The vendor has shills posing as ordinary owners who stalk websites like this, and pays them a unit-commission every time they hype the product enough to sucker someone into paying top-dollar for cheesy, flimsy accessories that temporarily look cool but permanently do nothing.

Oh, by the by, I can get you a GREAT deal on Da-Glow windshield-washer nozzels shaped almost exactly like Nicole Kidman's nipples ... Interested?

G'day,
Drumbo
Posted By: robzride_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/15/03 03:12 AM
sent me off an order for one of those aerodynamic spoiler thingys that will keep my car from rocking like a rocking chair when i roll it upside down.
Posted By: Drumbo_dup1 Re: Rear Window Spoiler lives on!! - 03/18/03 12:44 AM
Originally posted by robzride:
sent me off an order for one of those aerodynamic spoiler thingys that will keep my car from rocking like a rocking chair when i roll it upside down.

... Why, SURE it will ... assuming the double-sided tape that holds it on is sticky enough to hold-up to a rollover. But you might first want to test its durability by running it through a carwash ...
© CEG Archives