Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Chris@CTA INTEREST: KVR brakes group buy - 02/13/03 02:28 AM
Hi All

Just checking in to see if the time is right for a group buy on Contour and SVT Contour brakes. We're getting the prices set and will post them, if there is enough interest at this time. If not, we'll wait for a later date.

Thanks for your time.

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: INTEREST: KVR brakes group buy - 02/13/03 04:37 AM
Got my whole set of rotors and pads redone in KVR last summer, but I may be in for some new pads if the price is right.
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: INTEREST: KVR brakes group buy - 02/13/03 06:24 PM
http://www.spmotorsports.com/contour_brake_combos.html

they sell kvr and i was thinking of getting a comboi from them so i would be in a gb
Posted By: unknown_dup1 Re: INTEREST: KVR brakes group buy - 02/13/03 06:39 PM
Sup Chris,
Interested pending price.
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: INTEREST: KVR brakes group buy - 02/13/03 06:45 PM
just an estimate but on the sight it would be about $500 for gas slotted cadium plated KVR with 4 rotors and pads all the way around
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: INTEREST: KVR brakes group buy - 02/13/03 10:46 PM
Let me get some pricing worked out and I'll post them shortly.
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: INTEREST: KVR brakes group buy - 02/13/03 11:52 PM
Since I can't edit this thread any longer, please visit the following URL for KVR brake prices.

KVR Brakes Group Buy (CTA Motorsports)
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: INTEREST: KVR brakes group buy - 02/14/03 03:09 AM
i must say i bought my kvr x-drilled rotors and kvr pads from chris last yr about this time during a group buy....he was class all the way and exellent to deal with...the deal plus shipping was very similar to what he is offering to u now and actually slightly less this yr

i've had no trouble with them but the combo does need a bit of warmup time (a couple low speed stops, or so) and then they are pretty damn good...particularly on the freeway in stop and go traffic...im not a track guy so i cant speak on them from that standpoint, but for city driving i've had no issues...

even yesterday (weds) driving in the rain and thru many flooded areas the brakes worked like a charm and were confidence inspiring...and mind u i dont have brakes on the rear of my car...im going to install rear pads tonight

great setup imo and very low dusting...i didn't get any dusting from them until my rear brakes wore out and i had to depend moreso on the kvr's to haul me to a stop

there u go, unsolicited testimonial....psss, chris, where's my check???? j/k
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: INTEREST: KVR brakes group buy - 02/14/03 12:05 PM
Thanks for the plug.

KVR Brakes Group Buy (CTA Motorsports)

Posted By: Cueball Re: INTEREST: KVR brakes group buy - 02/14/03 08:17 PM
I bought the pad/rotor package in the group buy last year too. The buying experience was very good. The pads are very low dusting compared to stock.

I have been less than totally pleased with the package however. The pads are worse than SVT stock in the heavy rain. It takes at least a second for the pads to begin togrip in the heavy rain. This is scary when you are moving at a good clip. I didn't expect this with drilled rotors. Also, in less than 15,000 miles there are signs of warpage on the cross drilled rotors. If I had to choose again, I would have kept the stock rotors and gotten some mintex A/F pads. I'll be getting the mintex pads this spring since it rains too much up here in New England.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: INTEREST: KVR brakes group buy - 02/15/03 10:36 AM
i wonder if maybe u got a bad set of rotors or are extremely hard on them or maybe didn't break them in properly...i have no warpage that i can feel and i have nearly 14k miles on mine

i followed the included instructions to break them in slowly and stop easy on them when they are cold for the first couple stops or so and i've never had a problem...in fact when i first put them on i used to lock the front right wheel when stopping until i got better tires
Posted By: Cueball Re: INTEREST: KVR brakes group buy - 02/17/03 05:22 PM
I do mostly highway driving and consider my use of the brakes to be far from extreme. I followed the prescribed break-in procedure after we put them on. It could be just some "pad buildup" on the disc rather than actually warping.
© CEG Archives