Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
This group buy is for Velox Vx-8 or Vx-6 Wheel/tire combinations. The price include mounted/balance and shipped to your door. Flecha AutoSports is an authorized Velox wheel dealer in Florida.
All wheels are 40 offset
17x7.5 / Wanli Z rated tires = $850 shipped

18x7.5 / Falken VISA Z tires = $1040 shipped

I can also give you great deals on just the wheels alone!
Wheels are available gunmetal/silver
hyper black/silver will be an additional $20/wheel
All I need is 2 sets ordered for these prices, also these prices are good for 3 months!

pm for check/money order address.

send paypal orders to eric@ritterpenusa.com
3 months... i am in....
Can anyone photoshop these onto an SVT? (preferably the top wheel on a T-red?)
i belive someone : hmmmmm has them on his SVT ...
you should post a pic of them on your car man ,

ok ok here they are on my car.. this a bad picture but you get the idea, I'm working... geez Greg you ask for the world sometimes.

These are 18's with H/R's so that's why the rear drop isn't as much.
LOL i know you ran outside real fast and took that pic !!

talk to ya after work man .
Oooo what's the hyper silver look like? Also is there any info on wani tires? Thanks!

Tires on the special, but I can get any tire at your request.

Falken Visa Tire

Wanli Tire

What is the weight of these rims in the 17's and does the price include shipping to Hawaii
Shipping to Hawaii will be more, obviously. These are Velox Competition series meaning the weights are very very good, I will tell you the exact weight tomorrow.

Eric
sweet, keep this thread alive for about a month, so i can pm you for money order address....and i will be good to go!
I have a wheel unmounted and I will weight it myself, but VELOX has an ad in Sport Compact Car magazine which they describe the process of making the wheels as well as how much they way. They have some 17's the weight in at 11lbs so 18's shouldn't weight that much more.

Thanks
Eric
LOL your 18's weigh a LOT more then 11 Pound man , thats for sure . more like 25 im guessing
Originally posted by fast4drsvt:
VELOX has an ad in Sport Compact Car magazine which they describe the process of making the wheels as well as how much they way. They have some 17's the weight in at 11lbs

The 11lb wheels are forged, the one's in this post are not. I seem to remember a previous post that listed the VX-8 17" wheels at about 19lb IIRC.
LOL dude um you picked them up wit tires on...lol

Eric

I will weigh my 18's without tires a let everyone know..

You sure the 17's are 7.5" wide? If so I might do this...

EDIT:

Holy s!! They are 7.5"'s wide! Hmmm... That means I can run 225's on my BAT/Eibach setup...
Only the VX-8 and the VX-6 are available in the 7.5
width for 17's.

The VX-8r and the VX-6r are only availble in the 7 width on 17's.

This special is only for the VX-8 and VX-6 not on the VX-8r or the VX-6r

Thanks
Eric
Does anybody have pic's of the other rims on a tour?
I like how the wheels look on the black contour.
I would like to know how much just the rims would cost shipped to cali?(Both models)
If you still are offering the buy in 3 months, I will have enough time to save some money.
I need rims for summertime!
Anyone with Hyper Silver VX-8 on silver tour? At the VA CEG meet I saw Ashley (I think) had the gunmetal rims on a his svt and they looked awesome. Any and all pics would be appreciated!

Is the VX-6 available in Hyperblack/silver like the VX-8 pictured on that 'tour? I'm smellin' some 18" VX-6's in Hyperblack/silver in my future if they are. Just gotta knock somebody off so I can afford them.

Also, what about hub-centric rings? Or are these properly fitted for the 'tour/Cougar?
I just finished weighing the 18's I have without tires.. They came in at just under 22lbs/wheel. The Hyper Black and Hyper Silver are available for $20 more each wheel, = $80 more for the set.

Thanks
Eric
FlechaAutoSports
Hubcentric rings? Or not needed?
I don't have hubcentric's on mine and it's perfectly smooth at close to 150mph (closed road of course )

Eric
Flecha AutoSports
What about the 17's? How much do they weight? I'll be interested if they're as light or lighter than the Kosei K1 Racing.
I don't have hubcentric's on mine and it's perfectly smooth at close to 150mph (closed road of course )

Eric
Flecha AutoSports

I only need to know because it may not be apparent right away, but in the future it'll wear on the wheel bearings.. But other than that, thanks to an investment check from my dear mother who told me to finish my car for show, you can put me down for a set of 18" VX-6's, unless my friend's buddy at Velox hooks me up instead.

Also, does the gunmetal have a polished lip, or is it just the black that has the polished lip? Any in-person pics of a gunmetal?
The black ones you see are the gunmetals, they just look black but they're really darkish grey, most of Velox's wheels come with a high polish nice deep lip.

Thanks,
Eric
Put me down for a set of 18" VX-6 w/Falken tires, Gunmetal.

Let me know when you want the money. Also, any word on hubcentric rings? Can you get them for us? If not, do you know where we can get them?

How long will shipping take once payment is received? And while this is a really dumb question, are the tires spin balanced to the wheels? Do you put the wheel weights on the inside, so they don't stick out all ugly like? Any other choice of tire for the 18", or does that change price, and by how much?

Sorry for my reply givin' ya a

Like I said, I'll let you know come tuesday if I'm getting a hookup from a buddy or not.
I do believe Hubcentrics are available, I'm checking on that. Anytime you want the wheels just send the money to eric@ritterpenusa.com

PAYPAL: IF YOU ARE USING A CREDIT CARD TO PAY USING PAYPAL ADD 2.9% TO THE TOTAL. PAYPAL CRAP SORRY.

The wheels are professionaly balanced with the weights all on the inside, don't worry that pretty deep lip will not be hurt.

Other tires are available just let me know what brand and I'll let you know if it's more or less.

Thanks,
Eric
Yes Hubcentrics are available for an additional $25, also the wheels/tires are high speed balanced using a Hunter DSP9002-D balancer. Uses Digital Signal Processing to achieve a good balance. www.hunterengineering.com

Thanks
Eric
FlechaAutoSports
Excuse my ignorance but what are Hubcentrics? Oh and I'll be down for a set 17" VX-8's in silver if I can sell my ADR Reactions.
As far as other tires, do you have popular brands, and what model?

Dunlop SP FM901's? SP Sport 8000?
Continental ContiSportContact?
BF Goodrich Comp T/A ZR? g-Force T/A KD?
Kumho?

You going to ship the wheels the same day you receive the money, or do we wait a few days/weeks? Sorry about all the questions; I'd PM them but I'm sure others want to know the same thing.
Depending on the time of day of the order they will ship the same day or the next.

I can get any tire you want, may cost more or less, but decide on the exact tire you want and size then let me know for pricing.

Thanks,
Eric
Cool. What would be a good tire size for 18x7.5? I'd like to go a tiny bit wider/taller if possible. For example, right now on my stock 16's I've got 225/50/16 instead of the stock 215/50/16. Need that rubber to help guard me from rubbin' that rim on the curb.
go with what I have 225/40 18 also the Falken have a small rim protector built into the tires..

Thanks
Eric
I'd go with 215-40-18 to ensure there is no rubbing.

I have 225s and they rubbed terribly.
215/40/18 same price it doesn't matter.

Eric
Alright, I'm in. I'm ready to send PayPal. Do I need to wait for one more party to get the price?

With the 2.9%, 18's come out to 1070.16. Let me know.
Hey! What about the weight for the 17's? How much do they weight?
Originally posted by NorCalCoug:
Alright, I'm in. I'm ready to send PayPal. Do I need to wait for one more party to get the price?

With the 2.9%, 18's come out to 1070.16. Let me know.

I'll go ahead and do it NorCalCoug even with no other one else buying, just send the money paypal with the exact rims you want size everything then I'll get to work.

Airknight I can let you know today for sure on the 17's.

Thanks,
Eric
FlechaAutoSports
you said the prices were good for 3 months, so once i get the extra cash, then i will buy......i cant brake myself, if i got until the end of april.......
Originally posted by csc99svt:
you said the prices were good for 3 months, so once i get the extra cash, then i will buy......i cant brake myself, if i got until the end of april.......

Don't sweat it.. take your time

I'll be here..

Eric
Payment sent for:

18" Velox VX-6 GUNMETAL
Falken VISA tire 225/40/18 (or whatever it is you suggested)
Hubcentric Rings.

Thanks bruthah. Can't wait to get them!
Got it Thanks!

Order is being packaged from the warehouse

Mike please post pics of your PhatCat so that people can see!!

Eric
FlechaAutoSports
I will when the car is done in about a month. I'll get some rim shots for you though, no probs.
CORRECTION on wheels.

I was misinformed from Velox, the VX-6 are only available in the 17" size.

Thanks,
Eric
FlechaAutoSports
Not a problem. Thanks for working out the details. Order is now 17" VX-6 gunmetal w/tires. I'll use the leftover money to take care of other car parts.
Airknight I can let you know today for sure on the 17's.

Cool! So, what is it?
Air, their going to be weighing in at around 18 pounds.

Thanks
Eric
Would it be possible to get the 17's with Falken rubber? If so how much would it cost?
With Falken Rubber just add $20 to the 17" Total.

I'll double check.

eric
Originally posted by pimpin1320:
Would it be possible to get the 17's with Falken rubber? If so how much would it cost?

what size?
Sorry to nag you, but is it going to be high 18's or really high 17's? I want to know if it's going to be comparable to the Kosei K1 Racing's 16.7 or the OZ Superleggera's 15. And lastly, how much for just the wheels? The tires I want are the Bridgestone Potenza RE730 Gen II and I might get them from tirerack.

[EDIT] DOH! http://customwheelsmarket.com/velox-wheels-velox-wheels-for-passenger-cars-velox-vx-8--gunmetal.html 23lbs... That's a little too heavy for me...[/EDIT]
I'll probably be in for a set of 18 inch HyperBlack VX-8's if I can pull some money together in the coming weeks.
Air, I weight my 18's VX-8 off the tire and they weighed in at just under 22lbs so I don;t believe that website has accurate numbers. That being said, I know O.Z. in Miami and their wheels are second to NONE, also I do believe the Velox 17's weight a little (2 lbs approx.) more than the Kosei or OZ 17's.

Just make sure you get what you want to save yourself heachaches in the longrun. Don;t worry about the questions, keep em coming.

Eric
I think I found a buyer for my rims. I'll confirm everything Monday. I'll be getting a set of 17" VX-8's silver.
Originally posted by pimpin1320:

what size?

What size tire would be the best for the 17" rims?
What are the "color" are the rims on the bottom right. Are they the hypersilver or regular silver?
What does the hyper silver look like? I didn't even no Velox offered hyper silver. Thanks
Im in as well , i cant deal with my car the way it is .
Look I think this might be my first post on the board.

Anyway, glad to be here. One question though...... Not sure if it has been asked...but do the rims/tires come with new lung nuts??? And if so are they locking nuts becuase I would not like to loose my nuts

Sorry had to put that in.

I am definatly in the buy although I have to go through my devoirce fisrt and then we will see what comes out of it.

Loo for payment soon.

Thanks guys, talk to you later.

Mikel
So exactly how long do i have left to get in on these? Has anyone received their wheels yet? Anyone get the 18's? How do you like them?
Did the question about the Hyper ilver get answered? or about the lug nuts? Is there a pic of the reg silver and hyper silver to see a difference?
you can go to www.veloxperformance.com to view wheels, no the lugs are not included.

Thanks,
Eric

please advise me before ordering to make sure wheels are in stock.

Will the Hyper Black VX-8's retain the polished lip? This thread on NECO has pics of 'em with the HB finish, but the lip is also HB.
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:
you can go to www.veloxperformance.com to view wheels, no the lugs are not included.

they don't have a pic of hypersilver.

Last one on the bottum to the right , " i think"
no that's just regular silver. Let me see what I can find.

Eric

Velox VX-6 Gunmetal.
Can you sell the wheels with no tires? I have tires already... VX-8 in gunmetal, 17"?
Originally posted by rollingstash:
Can you sell the wheels with no tires? I have tires already... VX-8 in gunmetal, 17"?

yes
Is this still open? Has anyone had any probs with their 18's fitting?
This is still open, but my prices have gone up. I have searched my competitors and I believe I still beat them all. Velox has increased pricing so here is new pricing.

17x7.5 / Wanli Z rated tires = $950 shipped

18x7.5 / Falken VISA Z tires = $1150 shipped

Below is a picture of the Hyber Black Wheel

I will be posting pictures of the HyperSilver wheel which I think looks better.

Eric
Thanks for the quick responce. Has anyone had trouble with the 18's rubbing? What width tire is best for the 18's? I am looking into the Hyper Silver VX-8's. This includes shipping correct? When will this group buy end?
© CEG Archives