Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: UncommonTour group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/28/03 01:18 PM
let me know when there are some group buys available for the 2.0 L Zetec, so far all parts(except for body parts) have been for 2.5 and 3.0 Dura's
Posted By: IonNinja Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/28/03 01:21 PM
its because they hate us
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/28/03 01:39 PM
I tend to agree they consider us the short bus, but we know we are the duratec's saviour
Posted By: MotorCity Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/28/03 03:09 PM
Maybe you should get off your duff and put something together. People that put group buys together are just normal CEGers like you an me. Take the lead!

Don't count JiggaJerry in on any group buys. The way he talks he can't afford the air in his tires.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/28/03 08:45 PM
thats why I steal my air from the gas station
Posted By: Bullet Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/28/03 09:23 PM
Who do you contact to get this type of thing on the go?
Posted By: The Davis Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/28/03 09:26 PM
Depends on what you want. You need to find a product you think CEG would be interested in getting in on, work out w/ a supplier the minimum number of orders to get the group buy price and post here
Posted By: tourman113 Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/28/03 10:08 PM
Its not always that easy to do a group buy....I found out the hard way I guess pre-98 carbon fiber hoods aren't a big deal to zetec owners.Oh well, it would have been a good deal.
Posted By: The Davis Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/28/03 10:39 PM
Originally posted by tourman113:
Its not always that easy to do a group buy....I found out the hard way I guess pre-98 carbon fiber hoods aren't a big deal to zetec owners.Oh well, it would have been a good deal.

No, I never said it was that easy. That's the way I understand the basics to be. Obviously if you're having something custom fabricated you'll run into more issues
Posted By: BBorges_dup1 Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/28/03 10:39 PM
Things I am going to need SOON:

(2) 16" Kumho 712
1 set Gray Color Floor Mats (always after the winter... )
Zaino for the next season

Oops... none of these are "Zetec Only" products....

I guess the only Zetec product I need is a exhaust (a flowmaster discount maybe) right now....

Posted By: UncommonTour Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/29/03 12:52 AM
Originally posted by MotorCity:
Maybe you should get off your duff and put something together. People that put group buys together are just normal CEGers like you an me. Take the lead!

Well, lets get some Ideas Guys I'll see what I can come up with. The floor mats are a great Idea I have the rubber floormats that will hold like a gallon of water.

I have an Idea that we can vote on even(if I can figure how to get the vote thing on here) How many ppl want an aerosol can of paint in any color they want, but mainly the color of your car. You know, like the cans Crylon you get at Wal-Mart, but in the color of your car. I am buying one this weekend in Cabernet Red to paint the interior parts on mt dash and doors. They are only $12 per can but I should be able to get a good group discount for enough of them. So let's hear it, Who wants to do ine of the cheapest mods you can do?

Do you want to see a group buy for cans of spray paint in the color of your car
Yes
No

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/29/03 03:54 AM
i've got a good idea for a group buy: streetflight CAI,, oo, nevermind,, how about an auction for darrel's intake?
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/29/03 12:43 PM
Ok So far there are 4 votes for the paint and one vote No on the paint please leave a reply as well so I can know who to contact if I get something going.

Thankx
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/29/03 03:16 PM
Headers, contact a few companies that can build a header that actually fits our cars. theres a lot of people that want them, but not enough willing to do all of the extra modification to get them to fit.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/30/03 12:52 AM
we can get the paint for 8.50 per can but we have to buy 6 cans at a time, all the same color. so it's really not worth the group buy i don't think unless 5 other ppl want to go in this weekend to get Cabernet red for a 99 contour.
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/30/03 01:06 AM
headers is a great idea for a group buy. damn CAT is a biotch to get around...its like Ford didn't want people to upgrade their Zetec 'tours...What's up with that?
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/30/03 01:10 AM
ok what brand of header? any favs?
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/30/03 03:16 AM
And when did this take place?
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/30/03 03:19 AM
Originally posted by bk4293:
Headers, contact a few companies that can build a header that actually fits our cars. theres a lot of people that want them, but not enough willing to do all of the extra modification to get them to fit.

I 2nd that!
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/30/03 04:16 AM
Originally posted by johnnyfive:

When Did what take place?
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/30/03 07:29 AM
Originally posted by wstang455:
Originally posted by johnnyfive:

When Did what take place?

It says- Re: tourman113, so Im assuming its rearding the carbon hoods.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/30/03 01:03 PM
that neans they replied to a message from that user, the one you need to worry about it is in big blue type above it
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/31/03 01:58 AM
Originally posted by TanSVTSe:
headers is a great idea for a group buy. damn CAT is a biotch to get around...its like Ford didn't want people to upgrade their Zetec 'tours...What's up with that?

on many headers you remove the stock CAT and can use a high flow CAT placed under the car. Why get a header and leave a restrictive catalytic convertor on?
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/31/03 03:39 AM
one thing at a time man, one piece at a time.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/31/03 06:16 AM
A header would be great. Especially since I need to drop the oil pan and I have to take the cat off to do that.
Posted By: blury Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/31/03 06:56 AM
Arent headers diffrent in the pre 98's if so what are we looking at here 98+ or 97-
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/31/03 12:36 PM
not sure yet, just discussing what ppl would like to buy
Posted By: AzNHxC Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 01/31/03 01:37 PM
Headers would be great..

-Stefan
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 02/01/03 03:03 AM
Yes, Header,Header, Header,!!!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: group buys for the 2.0 Zetec - 02/01/03 05:41 AM
headers should be same for all years, except 95 would need to plug one of the o2 sensor holes that is needed for obd2 cars.
© CEG Archives