Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
We are doing a group buy for the Contour SVT. We just came out with this exhaust & figured no better way to introduce it than to offer it to you with no middle man.
The system is made out of Polished 304 S/S all flanged together to prevent exhaust leaks, not slip fit like some other systems out there. We have done dyno test on our Clayton Dyno not a cheap Dynojet. We got over 8 Hp.(http://home.computer.net/~godzilla/) Thanks Godzilia for pictures.
The exhaust system comes complete with bolts & gaskets. We are selling the system for $500.00 & NO CHARGE FOR GROUND UPS. Sorry 49 state only. Call me @ 800-631-7271 x 227 8:30 - 5:00 EST M-F.
what size r the tips. is it loud. did u try it without the center resonator.
just a question, these look great..... if you have any sound bites, i might be interested in picking this up while i am waiting for my tru duals......
im intrested was size is the pluming. I saw the pics are those the only kind of tips that we can get them with? is it louder or quiter than a stock without the res..... sorry for so many ?'s but i realy want an exaust and i just dont think yodude is gonna make a true dual set up with cats. So ill be forced to get catback and a custom Y with cat.
Pipe diameter, warranty?

Any sales tax?

Tip size I would like to see is a 3" rolled or slash cut! How much for other tips?

Sound clips, any drone or rasp? Are you running the Stock Y pipe?

Discount on a true Group Buy, 10% on say 10 orders prepaid? Pay by CC, Paypal, MO?

Who wants to buy my SVT exhaust
Lower the price and raise up those tips coming out the back...............and ill think about it.
Could be interested if we got a discount. otherwise I am looking for an svt exhaust for cheap.
Now to answer all the questions, warranty is 5 years unlimited milage,tips are 3", the pipe diameter: front resonator is 63.5mm, the intermediate pipe is 63.5mm & the rear mufflers are 54mm all mandrel bent. As far as sound goes it's throaty & not raspy & does not resonate inside the car. This is the final price it is allready discounted! There are other tips avaliable, go to our web site www.bosalperformance.com & go to where it says tips & scroll down till you see Chameleon tips.
I have a sound clip of A2Steve's Bosal on his 3L. If you want a clip PM me your email.
That is SWEET! If i didn't already have CAT BACK i'd be down, but i just wanted to tell ya~ Good job~ that's Exhaust looks Excellent!
2.5" Piping to Y - split for rear mufflers.

2.13" Piping from Y split to mufflers.

3" tips.

Cost for choosing a different tip?

How long is the group buy price of $500 good for?

Scan of the Dyno? How much did TQ increase?
anyone wanna sell me their SVT exhaust or atleast the Y pipe for REAL cheap???
FYI:

The group buy is only good up to Jan 31st no if ands or buts.Sorry I don't have the torque specks. If you want to see the HP #'s I can fax it to you, let me know.
hey guys i saw this exhasut and wow it sounds awesome and looks awsome..... very throaty and deep sounding at idle....at wot OMG it sounds sick.... i'm looking to purchase this exhasut too but the price is tuff $500...i have talked to mike about the price... and now i wanna know how many ppl would really be interested in purchasing the exhasut so maybe we can get a better price?
hey mike hook a brother up man lol
Originally posted by BANDIT:
Now to answer all the questions, warranty is 5 years unlimited milage,tips are 3", the pipe diameter: front resonator is 63.5mm, the intermediate pipe is 63.5mm & the rear mufflers are 54mm all mandrel bent. As far as sound goes it's throaty & not raspy & does not resonate inside the car. This is the final price it is allready discounted! There are other tips avaliable, go to our web site www.bosalperformance.com & go to where it says tips & scroll down till you see Chameleon tips.

This is the final price it is allready discounted!
Is this a different setup?
I'd be interested, but like fmr12b said, a scan of your dyno chart would be nice along with some sound clips
Motorcity, Nopi has a pricing error in their system which will be corrected ASAP! List on the exhaust sytem is $799.95
Originally posted by BANDIT:
List on the exhaust sytem is $799.95

Must be made of gold!
Polished gold
damn...could've got it for cheap and they would've never noticed
So how much for different tips? Or does it not effect the price choosing different tips? I'm interested in this exhaust, because of the resonable price compared to others on the market.
The tips are $30.00 ea sold separately.
show a dyno with good gains and consider me sold
Nopi only changed their suggested retail price down to
$562, the exhaust still is listed for $392. I think this
Bandit guy is trying to put it in some of your guys A$$'s.
Hey genious, if NOPI wants to loose money when they sell this system go for it, but I doubt it. Being your such a know it all I guess you never made a mistake in anything you did. Considering we just came out with this system last week & didn't know the pricing, Nopi is selling this at the old quoted price from last year which is still not the correct price. So shove that up your ass, if your trying to do people on this board a service your not & your pissing me off. But hay if that's what you want to do knock your self out. Besides after I finish wrighting this I will again call NOPI & tell them there still selling this system at a big loss. We rearly sell to the public & this is one reason why.
Hey Bandit, RELAX. I am one of the guys who bought this system and I definitely know that I got a bargain.

You guys designed and built a damn decent product and after reading through all the posts, I for one believe that you are bending over to make it available to our group FIRST at a discount.

There will always be a few guys who don't know a good deal and like to pick on little things like computerized price listing errors AND stoop to making personal insults.

But, there are also plenty more who know the wisdom of encouraging quality vendors to take an interest in our favorite Ford cars and offer us an opportunity to buy decent aftermarket equipment at a discount.

So to anyone who cares, I know that BANDIT is one of the good guys and if you want to criticize his product(s), well that's fine. But if you insist on personally insulting him over some stupid listing error he has nothing to do with then you do us all a disservice and lower the overall entertainment level of this group.

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH
James thank you for your support, & believe me it's the last thing I want to do is rip someone off.Unlike some other companies or salespeople I am a car enthusiast & love building & working on cars & they are as follows: 2001 Ford Focus SW, 2003 Subaru WRX, 1987 Buick GN, 1957 Chev B/A, 1979 Chevy Malibu & my everyday driver 91 Maxima & the wifes 99 Durango.Anyone have a garage to rent?
hey bandito,

I was wondering if there was any way that i could get a few weeks to get the money.... The reason is that i am a student, who wants a dual setup, but needs a little time to save up the money. Plus i have a ton of other mods going on right now. This is the best deal i have come by, and i would like to take part since the price is so low. So, is there any way that this price will be available for a few weeks..... and trust me, i am good for it....
Hey Bandit your a joke go home, what do think you are doing trying to charge $108 more than NOPI, who in their right mind is going to be that stupid to buy from you. Maybe
if you discounted your system to $375 you might be back in the game.
CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG, BUT ISNT NOPI SELLING A BROSPEED EXAUST????? ISNT THIS SOMETHING DIFFERENT????? DOES NOPI INCLUDE SHIPPING????? DIDNT THINK SO....
2KJMSVT,

Both of your comments toward Bandit are very uncalled for. If there is a company selling them for less that the manufacturer, that is there business. Who's to say Nopi is making a profit off of these anyway? I have seen them have a $900 Zetec header on their webpage selling for $99. I tried buying two of them and they emailed me and said their pricing was messed up and I was SOL. Plus they where out of stock.

I personally called Bandit and talked to him on length. He seems like a respectable guy just trying to help us out. From the looks of the system, components, technology, etc. even $700+ would be decent. I see this as the best cat-back system for the Contour made yet.

Your two comments don't do anyone any good. In fact, I think you owe him an apology.

Bandit, you know you're getting my money soon. I'm not rolling the dice with Nopi like I have done many times in the past and not once could they deliver the product. 2KJMSVT, I say buy it from Nopi (if you are even seriously thinking about buying a system) and see how long Nopi holds your money until you get an email stating you're sh!t out of luck!

2KJMSVT, you talk big for a n00b.
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG, BUT ISNT NOPI SELLING A BROSPEED EXAUST????? ISNT THIS SOMETHING DIFFERENT????? DOES NOPI INCLUDE SHIPPING????? DIDNT THINK SO....

LMFAO! Owned!
I second Chris Hightower.
I think this thread has seen more than enough of this 2KJMSVT character and I suggest we at least all stop responding to him. Maybe this is a good time for a moderator to join in...

2KJMSVT you are an agitator and I am sure you are not interested in this group buy at any price, so lay off.
Markus give me a call or e-mail when your ready, I may have a distributor than can offer you the group price after the 31st. Thanks for the support guys. Talked to Nopi again this morning they keep saying there going to correct this problem.
Bandit and anyone familiar with Borla and Brullen Quiet cat backs: How does the sound of the Bosal system compare to these? This special price you are offering to our group is very sweet and I am extremely tempted. The only thing preventing me from whipping out the credit card is not knowing how your system compares in sound. I want a system just louder than stock with a deep, mellow sound. I use my car sometime to take out clients and do not want my car to be loud and obnoxious. Of course any increase in torque and HP is always welcome. Can anyone that has heard the Bosal comment on this?
Godzilla should be producing a sound clip here soon. From what he says, it's what you're looking for.
2000 FORD MOTOR CO Contour Exhaust Cat-Back Exhaust System
BROSPEED Cat-Back Exhaust Contour SVT 98-00 Unit of Measure: EA
Part Number: 001+3205 Core Price: $0.00
$562.50 Sugg. Retail Price
$392.86 Your Price No Photo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2002 Ā© NOPI
Customer Service
Customer Service 1-800-277-6674 Ext 260, 262

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Musicnut, I think we have what your looking for, on average our exhaust systems are usually on the quiet side. We also offer inserts that go inside the rear mufflers to make them even quieter. I would talk to godzilla or nossvtcontour for their opinion.
If someone can produce the dyno hp/torque curve before/after with stock airbox and show me the gains, I may be interested here.

Also, is this a pure bolt-up do it yourself cat-back, or would I need a welder (or installer)?
The sound and video clip will be up this weekend..... I will probably make it Saturday day and post it that afternoon... Its been really freaking cold out to do it now... its like 5 here and with 30+ winds..... brrrrrrr..

Bandit, I want to thank you again for theis wonderful system. I love the way it looks and sounds I do feel a big impovement in power..... I have had a lot of my friends say it sounds great. Noscontour keeps driving past my house stalking my car... lol..... He really cant wait to he gets his... But, you will always get these jerk offs on the internet that think they know what they are talking about, and they try to ruin someone's image. But just ignore them. I have shown a few people the system and they love it. And from the pics other people told me they are going to order it... you always get a Ass_ole that has to complain about someting.... Thanks again..........

(P.S. Bandit) make headers...... lol

Patrick
bolt up in 15 mins... after you take off the old system... and I do feel a power difference with this system...
Recieved the Dyno Plot Fax from BosalUSA.

MPH Brospeed Stock HP+/-
26 58.2 59.1 -.9
32 76.2 76.6 -.4
38 88.1 88.4 -.3
44 97.7 97.6 +.1
50 109.0 109.2 -.2
56 115.2 114.9 +.3
62 120.2 118.4 +1.8
68 126.4 121.8 +4.6
74 135.9 127.1 +8.8
80 145.5 137.8 +8.7

Mike, repeated to me the mufflers are straight thru in there design, not baffled!

Sorry, can't scan it in while at work and there is no RPM or TQ plots or axis on the chart.

You have to take the good with the bad. What about a "Y" pipe & a free flowing cat? (Direct fit) What diameter would you guys want?
Originally posted by musicnut:
Bandit and anyone familiar with Borla and Brullen Quiet cat backs: How does the sound of the Bosal system compare to these? This special price you are offering to our group is very sweet and I am extremely tempted. The only thing preventing me from whipping out the credit card is not knowing how your system compares in sound. I want a system just louder than stock with a deep, mellow sound. I use my car sometime to take out clients and do not want my car to be loud and obnoxious. Of course any increase in torque and HP is always welcome. Can anyone that has heard the Bosal comment on this?

i heard godzilla's exhasut and wow very nice.... and i talked to mike as well and will be getting my exhasut very soon too. I have heard the bassini andi do prefer it over the bassini becuase its a deeper tone. The bassini sounds like a tin can. The bosal at WOT sounds awesome deeper tone and not raspy in the cold at all... i am def going to get the exhasut set up thanks MIke for setting this up for us.
Originally posted by godzilia:
The sound and video clip will be up this weekend..... I will probably make it Saturday day and post it that afternoon... Its been really freaking cold out to do it now... its like 5 here and with 30+ winds..... brrrrrrr..

Bandit, I want to thank you again for theis wonderful system. I love the way it looks and sounds I do feel a big impovement in power..... I have had a lot of my friends say it sounds great. Noscontour keeps driving past my house stalking my car... lol..... He really cant wait to he gets his... But, you will always get these jerk offs on the internet that think they know what they are talking about, and they try to ruin someone's image. But just ignore them. I have shown a few people the system and they love it. And from the pics other people told me they are going to order it... you always get a Ass_ole that has to complain about someting.... Thanks again..........

oh yea pat i'm an svt stalker hehe i'm thinking i might just steal ur exhasut lol jk

(P.S. Bandit) make headers...... lol

Patrick

MIke? now you decide to make these for our cars right after i ordered one also you should consider making headers for the contour jsut becuase it would fit all the yrs contours (svt and non svt) Just post and ask how many ppl would be interested in the headers for our cars! and see what the market demand is... i'm thinking if the price is right...ppl would def be interested!

Another note i would like to apologize to you MIke and behave of all these lil kids and know nothjing about you or ur company and basically wanna be dickheads and insult you and/or your product which they both know nothing about.. For you guys out there that wanna be bitchass crackheads and insult a man trying to help us out...you really have a problem and grow up.... Mike is a good guy (i talked to him a couple of times already) he is just like me and you...

A car enthusist sorry but i can;t spell but u know what i mean
Lucas,

What did you think of the way it hangs? Too low? Tip size, OK or needs to be bigger?

I would love Zilla to get a closeup of the lower rear of the car with both tips in the shot.
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Lucas,

What did you think of the way it hangs? Too low? Tip size, OK or needs to be bigger?

I would love Zilla to get a closeup of the lower rear of the car with both tips in the shot.

I do think it sits a lil low for the svt bumper it could be sit tighter to the opening for the tips on the svt rear bumper... I have a 95 se so it won't matter they way it sits to me as soon as it doesn't hit the ground which won't happen....The tips i liked (3inch angle cut) but did you see that they do offer other tips on their website! After i do get the exhasut i will consider getting some other tips but i do like the tips on the exhasut now. I'm gonna talk to PAT(godzilla) about getting some close up of pics of the rear withthe tips. but overall i do give to 2 thumbs up
ok.... will take one this weekend..
UPS delivered my new Bosal system today. All I have to say isā?¦.WOW! Itā??s a shame to hide this under the car. The system makes much more of an impression in person than in pictures.

The one negative I have is that it probably took me as long to un-box, un-bubblewrap, un-staple, and un-tape the thing as it will to actually install it!

Just kidding! I have nothing negative to say about this product.

Bandit, you mentioned the availability of inserts for the mufflers. Can you provide a little more detail on that? Part #s, cost?

Also, if you guys ever make a set of stainless steel headers for the contour you can just put my name right on the list as one set sold.

I am joining the MSDS header group buy before it expires next week and I wish they had a stainless steel option (that and a price more in line with headers for other marques). I think that having an alternative source of headers available would be a healthy thing for our hobby.

If Bosal ever does that though, it would be wise to study the history behind another nameless company that blatantly made an exact stainless steel copy of the MSDS headers. That was bad business all around and is not what I am suggesting.

BANDIT, I really thank you for this excellent system and for setting this group buy up for us.

If some of the other guys looking for a quality cat-back system are still uncertain whether to buy Bosal, my advice is to do it quick before this expires next week!
Is it on yet? Glad you received it in good shape. As far as the noise reducers go they fit inside the mufflers, unscrew the 6 bolts, slide the noise reducer in putthe tip on & replace the 6 bolts. The noise reducers go for $30.00 ea.The part # is 259-327.
I would just put in some Bubb Rubb whistle tips.

I can't wait to hear those Bosal Sound clips. You guys should really have them on the Bosal website.
I'm probably gonna buy these suckers...$500 for SS cat back can't be beat!! I'm so happy
We are still working on our web site, we are adding a whole bunch of pictures & sound is on the list. Hurry up guys time is running out.
Hey bandit to order do i just call you monday morning?
Yes, 800-631-7271 x 227 (Mike) Don't forget I'm on the east coast.
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Lucas,

If you install new Rubber Exhaust Hangers, it should hang the whole exhaust a little closer to the bumper.
After all, Zilla's SVT is 3 years old now...
Whats the word on sound clips?
I'd really like to get in on this deal too... but I would like to hear what the exhaust sounds like before I decide whether or not to buy one. Does anyone that has one have some sound clips?
I made a few sound clips this weekend. I just have to make them and then post them. They should be up soon......
eeeeeeeeexcellent!
Nice, can't wait to hear it.
Whoa!!! Looks like Nopi updated their price! $628.52 + shipping?

$500 shipped is a damn good deal. Calling.... now!
I'm sure I'm going to be laughed off this thread..but can this system be modified to fit on the Zetec exhaust? I know that the SVT exhausts can fit, but will this system fit on a zetec? Thanks.
im a little curious why he hasnt posted a sound clip yet and there is only 4 DAYS left on the group buy.
Sorry to say this Bandit but it looks like I'm backing out on this GB I'm about 95% sure I'm out ,but I just may change my mind if so I'll call you. You will take orders on Friday right???
I really wish I could post a sound clip, but my car won't be ready until end of March or early April due to non-exhaust related work.

The people who have heard this system in person uniformly report that it sounds great with deep tones with no rasp.

Even without a sound clip you may want to consider doing the group buy before the Friday deadline. The best price I have found for this system starting sometime in February is through the SP Motorsports online catalog at $549 (not including shipping). While I think that this is an excellent price (Nopi, for example, is asking $628.52+shipping), the $500 shipped to your door Group-buy price put together for us by Bandit is clearly much sweeter!
And rasp would be the ricey sound that I oftentimes hear coming from Civics? That's what I'm trying to avoid.
Rasp would be that ricey sound that we ALL want to avoid!
Is the quoted 8 hp gain with or without the aftermarket headers?
I'll take orders untill 5:00pm Fri. EST
Cueball, that dyno test was done on a 100% stock SVT
I'm going to put an order in for one to replace the SVT Cat-Back I've got on my SE Sport.

I got the resonator out and I'm getting tired of the drone...
THE ORDER IS IN !!!

Thanks Bandit, for thinking of us!
Glad I can help you guys out, as we speek your exhaust system is being packed. Thank you for the order. Service with a smile.
If godzilla doesn't post some sound/video clips of the exhaust soon, I will after I install mine in a day or so.

-Chris
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
If godzilla doesn't post some sound/video clips of the exhaust soon, I will after I install mine in a day or so.

-Chris

When I get mine installed, I'll record some audio clips on my Nomad Jukebox 3 and I'll upload the MP3 here...
I was just on performance fords web site and reading the specs on the brullen system, they are identical to the bosal, so unless the bosal mufflers are restrictive i would think the dyno's should be about the same. just my 2 pennies. I would def. like to see a bosal on a dyno jet.
Originally posted by dubkatz:
I was just on performance fords web site and reading the specs on the brullen system, they are identical to the bosal, so unless the bosal mufflers are restrictive i would think the dyno's should be about the same. just my 2 pennies. I would def. like to see a bosal on a dyno jet.

That's for the Brullen "Loud". How does that sound? AirKnight, care to comment?
Sounds pretty good , geez i need more money to spend
Only one day left!
Only a couple of hours left. I would like to thank the people that purchased our exhaust system & also Contour.org. If you are thinking of buying our system in the future, please call BAT INC. @ 941-355-0005. Thanks again Mike(BANDIT)
NOOOO NOT BAT!!!

Hopefully they don't gauge people on the price. I got mine from the UPS guy today right before I had to hop on a plane. Man, it looks NICE!! Very good job with the chrome plating, and the welds looked good from what I could tell. Now, I am itching to come home to something more than my wife!

-Chris
am i too late?
Chris come on, thats not right. That exhaust is polished S/S not plated.
CRAP!!! I haven't logged in for awhile, and I was in the market for a cat-back for my SVT, but missed this order date by one day!!! I guess I'll be going with Brullen......
go with thjew borla... there is another gb.....
I have the Brullen and performance #'s are about the same. But these look kick ass! For anyone deciding between Brullen and Bosal go with Bosal (especially if you don't want a headache)!

The Brullen looks great and SOUNDS(!) great but the jig they used to make the system is incorrect and I ended up having to have a shop (eek) cut and refinish my system to make it look right on the SVT (they didn't even sit right on the outlets, I had to have my shop do a lot of work to make it look perfect)

I'll probably put the Brullen on my 96 and upgrade to the Bosal later this year for my SVT.
I'm getting the Bosal also. I can't get it from the group buy but I'm getting it from SPMOTORSPORTS. They have it for 549.00 it's not 500 but oh well.
any chance you could sell it for taht price in like a month, or have a small GB? im lookin for dual exhaust, and im broke, about to start a new job
SPMOTORSPORTS has a good supply of the Bosal systems. I'm sure they'll have them in a month. They will still sell for the same price.
Here are pics of my 98.5 SE Sport - BOSAL installation...

BOSAL !!!

BOSAL side...

Enjoy !!!
© CEG Archives