Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/20/03 06:44 AM
It should start to warm up soon and all you audio guys will be at full volume once again (like the winter keeps us quiet ) This one is going to an on going special. From now till Feb 28th our 1 Farad Capacitor will be $59.99 on our website ( www.knukonceptz.com )

To receive the discount, enter promotion code 12003 (enter this first then your info) A confirmation box will appear, indicating you have been signed up for the "Winter Cap Sale" Spread the word if you like.

Bill
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/20/03 03:42 PM
Just ordered mine.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/20/03 06:12 PM
i still have yet to instal the one i bought off you last time!!

are you ever going to have a special on your wiring kits?
Posted By: ok2nvi_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/20/03 10:13 PM
Man a sale one week after i get mine. Figures. No hard feeling's Bill. I'm still happy i didn't buy one for $199 up the street.
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/21/03 06:15 AM
Originally posted by ElKy:
i still have yet to instal the one i bought off you last time!!

are you ever going to have a special on your wiring kits?

The cap works best when installed

No word on any other upcoming group buys, we do have a few items on sale though. Our Karma 16ga is $0.30/ft and FB-3438 includes 5 free fuses (only on ebay right now, site soon to be updated)
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/21/03 06:26 AM
Originally posted by ok2nvi:
Man a sale one week after i get mine. Figures.

LOL. Same here man...... a few days even....
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/21/03 12:53 PM
I guess I lucked out then. I was just at the site looking for an amp kit for this girl I know, and almost ordered myself a cap. Glad I waited.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/21/03 03:24 PM
Oh boy oh boy! Now I have a dilemma-two caps or another Optima? I already have a red top up front, would a yellow top in the trunk or two caps have more reserve capacity? I'll be running a JBL BP1200.1 and BP40.4, just to brag. But really though, which would be a better route?
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/22/03 10:29 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:
Just ordered mine.

Dayyyyyymmmmm!!!!!!
I missed the UPS guy. Can you believe thats my cap already!
Man you don't play around do you. I waited two whole days, thats terrific service.
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/23/03 01:31 AM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Oh boy oh boy! Now I have a dilemma-two caps or another Optima? I already have a red top up front, would a yellow top in the trunk or two caps have more reserve capacity? I'll be running a JBL BP1200.1 and BP40.4, just to brag. But really though, which would be a better route?

Best case senario, have one Cap and one Battery. They both have pros and cons that offset each other.

PS- We ship asap, I know what its like to wait for things to come in the mail
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/23/03 04:06 PM
OK then, just one. Hmmm, now I have to re-think my designs...
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/24/03 05:08 PM
I hate show offs!!!
By the way look what I got

Posted By: DankBud42o Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/25/03 07:52 PM
Dayyyyyymmmmm!!!!!!
I missed the UPS guy. Can you believe thats my cap already!
Man you don't play around do you. I waited two whole days, thats terrific service.

Lucy u! when i orderd my amp kit that came mad quick. i ordered a fuesed dis block last week and i was supposed to get my stereo hooked up today, but the block inst in yet and i dont think ups delivers on saturday do they? schi0t
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/25/03 09:13 PM
Originally posted by DanKBud:
Lucy u!

Lucky... my b. X-P
Posted By: JonGordo8 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/26/03 12:08 AM
wait the cap that is in this group buy has a digital readout for only 60 bucks?
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/26/03 12:38 AM
Originally posted by JonGordo8:
the cap that is in this group for only 60 bucks

yes look at pics above...
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/26/03 05:24 PM
Yeppers, sweet, isn't it.
Posted By: bkent_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/29/03 03:57 PM
I want one, but can't get into site?

How do you charge it up prior to install?

Also install is just on the power wire between fuse and amp, close to amp, right?

Lastly, does it matter how it is mounted? (right side up, on it's side, etc?)

Thank.
Posted By: bkent_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/29/03 04:29 PM
Back up, just ordered...
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/29/03 04:47 PM
Check out the audio forum here on CEG. You charge it with a little diode that comes with the cap. You put it in the place of your in-line amp fuse until it's charged, then just replace your fuse.
I just posted a topic asking the same question in the other forum.
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/29/03 07:57 PM
Check out the audio forum here on CEG. You charge it with a little diode that comes with the cap. You put it in the place of your in-line amp fuse until it's charged, then just replace your fuse.

Are u saying u put the bulb in place of the fuse (like in the distribution block) till its charged? im not sure if thats what u mean . the directions for my cap says to just hold the bulb to power wire and the other end of the bulb to the bolt on the top of the cap till its charged... i dont like messing w/ live power wires, so if thats what u mean by putting it in the place of the fuse in the dis block, please let me know. did u charge urs yet? ur system up yet? im working on mine now. im in the process of putting some MDF plywood against the back of my back seats(half the seat), so i can mount my amp on it. so far its a PIMA . i f*cked one of the metal snap in brackets to the bottom part of the seat. i was just pulling it w/ a little force and it ripped halfway out of the foam on the seat! im like awwww man! but i can live w/ it(for now), i think itll still hold the seat in place.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/29/03 08:32 PM
Check out this Linky....
It shouldn't matter which way you do it, al long as you don't directly connect it without the diode prior to charging.
No mines not installed yet, but I did just get home from Menards and Murrays for everything I'll need to install it. Wood, carpet, spray glue, bolts, ect...
Hopefully I'll have it in by Sat. afternoon.
Posted By: Ryan98svt_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/29/03 08:56 PM

The diode you are referring to is a resistor. There's a huge difference.

Diode

Resistor

If the stiffening capacitor isn't properly charged prior to installation, this could happen.

Posted By: DankBud42o Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/29/03 09:19 PM
but I did just get home from Menards and Murrays for everything I'll need to install it. Wood, carpet, spray glue, bolts, ect...

Same here. hopefully ill finish it by tomorrow or the day after. working in the cold sux! im thinking about running all the wires behind the wood and just have them come thru some drilled hols like an inch or 2 away from where it gets plugged into... (so ya cant see any wires, only about an inch of each one. thats it. i think(hope) itll look nice

So holding the power wire to the resistor and then touching it to the cap would be the same as if i fastened the resistor in the fues's place inside the disribution block, or in the fuse near the battery? does it matter which one??

"If you do not charge your capacitor, and just hook +12V directly to it, the capacitor will draw current so quickly that it can literally weld your main fuse to your fuse holder, and may even shock or burn you in the process. It will also cause very large sparking at the connection point, which if this occurs at the battery (or close to it), could cause an explosion." - Damn that would suck soooooo much.
Posted By: pimpin1320 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 01/29/03 09:59 PM
If the price is going to stay the same till the end of Feb like the first posting said, I'll be able to wait till my tax refunds from the state and feds come back to buy.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Cap Group buy Part 2 - 02/05/03 11:45 AM
Just wanted to thank you again. Got the cap in, charged and working great. There is a slight difference in SQ. Not a super big difference in volume, but it seems like the bass hits more precisely now, and the lights don't dim anymore. Just to let you guys know, I E-mailed the company for help around 2:00 in the afternoon, and they responded to my E-mail very quickly. I'm very pleased with the entire transaction.
© CEG Archives