Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: shaun252 custom gauge interest - 01/11/03 01:30 AM
Just wondering how many people would be interested in the gauges that the cougar lady has for around the same price as the svt gauges?

her link is pictures
Posted By: AirKnight Re: custom gauge interest - 01/11/03 01:46 AM
ME!I want a metallic gauge face with red lit at night.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/11/03 04:32 AM
if Bryan agrees to protype some gauges for you guys remember that you can go as simple or as custom as you want ...

numbers altered/hidden/removed -- images and designs, fading gradients, text etc..

Here are some ideas
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: custom gauge interest - 01/11/03 05:44 AM
I'm interested. Keep us updated.
Posted By: gSto Re: custom gauge interest - 01/11/03 06:03 AM
I have an idea of what i want

although i superglued my indiglos down (damnit! i wish i could use both my idea and indiglo but i cant)

i turned off the indiglo and had just the lights glowing...it had this firey effect...sorta what i saw on custom gauge design with the sunset....it looked hott!

if they did the design would they also provide bulbs?
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/11/03 07:09 PM
the bulbs dont cost very much. Your idea would look pretty darn good in my opinion...I am interested in some metallic blue gauges w/maybe something to the effect of CEG in lettering
Posted By: MystiqueGS97 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/11/03 08:08 PM
i would be interested......i want custon blue metallic gauges that are blue at night
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/11/03 09:32 PM
Me too...it would look soo tite
Posted By: obicanobi0_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/11/03 11:10 PM
I WANT I WANT!!!!

Also want a diff hvac
Posted By: getaway driver Re: custom gauge interest - 01/12/03 12:30 AM
Is it me.....or does anyone else wanna jack those needles too! hmmmm...but anywho...yeah..Im interested. Im actually kinda tired of seeing indiglows.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/12/03 01:08 AM
I am a fan of the indiglo's but like the new body kit and carbon fiber hoods...it is time for a change.
Posted By: contourchic Re: custom gauge interest - 01/12/03 01:27 AM
I have been going crazy looking for gauges for my 99 sport. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE find me some blue and silver gauges, lol.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/12/03 05:28 AM
keep em coming
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/12/03 09:20 AM
I'll send an e-mail to Bryan on Monday about the gauges... hopefully I will have an update and find out if Shaun can send tach and non-tach gauges with a pod to B and get this rolling.. If your interested in this please speak up.. the more interest there is the better.. plus that way I can work the group buy angle for you guys and help obtain an introductory price perhaps...
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/12/03 09:45 AM
Possibly interested. It would depend on the price and if it would be available without a tach.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: custom gauge interest - 01/12/03 09:55 AM
I need one for a mystique with a tach. I think its the same as the tours but the trip reset is on the other side.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/12/03 03:28 PM
Originally posted by LuckyTour95:
I need one for a mystique with a tach. I think its the same as the tours but the trip reset is on the other side.

would you be able to make your own hole with a dremel and a drill bit if I would tell him to make a Contour one but don't drill a tach reset button? otherwise you would be looking at 3 types being developed here..
Posted By: getaway driver Re: custom gauge interest - 01/12/03 05:31 PM
Oh yeah. Mine's an SVT.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/12/03 07:14 PM
i have a tach and tachless one to send in...does anyone have an extra or broken svt gauge to send..i know someone mentioned something about a non functional svt gauge set earlier.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/13/03 12:35 AM
ttt
Posted By: Pick_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/13/03 05:05 AM
I would really like an aluminumn gauge cover. Is this a possibility? Sorry if this gets off topic, but in the pictures it shows the guage cover which I really like.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/13/03 05:22 AM
ill have to check on that for you
Posted By: AirKnight Re: custom gauge interest - 01/13/03 06:17 AM
Paint it! Just make it look very much like aluminum. It's not like you can feel the difference.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: custom gauge interest - 01/13/03 07:19 AM
how do you get that crap off anyway?

when i opened up my cluster i couldn't take the glass cover off the guage cover
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/13/03 10:36 PM
I took a dremel and seperated the 2 pieces and painted the bezel.. I did however, send a prototype to Bryan for the Cougar in making an aluminum trim for it which would require no modification at all.. perhaps when Shaun has his pod there Bryan can work on that for you guys too..

BTW -- Shaun.. I talked to Bryan today.. looks like its a go on custom gauges for you guys.. I need you to take this to the next step.. contact me via AIM or E-mail so I can tell you what Bryan needs you to do..

Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/14/03 12:01 AM
good cant wait to see a prototype
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/14/03 07:14 AM
to the top
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/14/03 06:55 PM
What colors or what did everyone have in mind for their gauges?
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 12:38 AM
im looking for white background with either CEG written in dark blue or two ford emblems (one over tach and one over speedo) with blue nums and they glow blue at night. The CEG would glow blue as well
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 04:48 AM
that can be done...would look pretty good as well.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 07:04 AM
anyone else know what color the want? or what they want done as the options for the packages allows?
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 08:30 AM
Originally posted by TanSVTSe:
im looking for white background with either CEG written in dark blue or two ford emblems (one over tach and one over speedo) with blue nums and they glow blue at night. The CEG would glow blue as well

I would like something like that but in red instead of blue. Also could the hvac overlay be done in red too? So they would match.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 12:05 PM
Originally posted by TanSVTSe:

I would like something like that but in red instead of blue. Also could the hvac overlay be done in red too? So they would match.

Someone will have to donate a HVAC overlay to B if you want that done..
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 12:36 PM
if enough people are interestedin the hvac being done, i have no problem w/donating mine.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 04:35 PM
are the prices for this the same as on NYMYCAT's site, because those are quite steep......
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 04:36 PM
Originally posted by NVMYCAT:

would you be able to make your own hole with a dremel and a drill bit if I would tell him to make a Contour one but don't drill a tach reset button? otherwise you would be looking at 3 types being developed here..

No, the '95's (both Contour and Mystique) have the trip reset on the left and they also lowered the trip odometer placement. Simply cutting a different hole wouldn't work well.

The types of gauges you need are:

• Early no tach set ('95 to possibly '96, trip reset hole on left and odometer placement lower)
  • Late no tach set ('97+, trip reset on right and odometer placement higher)
  • Early with tach, 150 speedo (very few made. Probably not worth it to spend the time on)
  • Early with tach, 130 speedo (Early '95 only it seems. Trip reset on left, trip odometer lower)
  • Late with tach, 130 speedo (late '95+, trip reset on right, odometer higher)
  • SVT (all years the same)
  • HVAC (fits all Contour and '98+ Mystique)

It sounds as if you've got enough people donating you the gauges you need. Let me know if you have trouble coming up with any certain one and I'll get it to you instead of our other deal we were making.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 07:10 PM
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
are the prices for this the same as on NYMYCAT's site, because those are quite steep......

The pricing is dependant on what Bryan determines -- he will base this on how labor intensive they are.. If your gauges are easier than the Cougar than I would expect that cost to go down.. again, it is something entirely up to him and Shaun when they talk about designs and what the most demand is for.. so if you have opinions and suggestions on what you all should seek as a group let it be known befire things roll too far into production.

BTW -- Thanks Bnoon.. I'll check in with both Bryan and Shaun soon to see how everything is progressing and get back to you..
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 07:12 PM
thanks for the explanation... i would be looking at Midnight blue faces, with bank gothic lettering.... i am going to be installing the Sonic Blue needles, so i is going to look sweet!!!!!
Posted By: gSto Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 09:08 PM
My trip reset is on the right hand side and i own a 95...but i do have a tach..guess that's why
Posted By: hydro Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 09:13 PM
i would like something in silver and black with a design similiar to the one with the red cougar graphics but with SVT instead of the kat. I'd be willing to pay money on the spot for those!
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/15/03 11:45 PM
sounds like some good ideas..i like nv's gauges a lot as well
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/16/03 05:59 AM
Originally posted by shaun252:
anyone else know what color the want? or what they want done as the options for the packages allows?

I'd like to see an option for blue/silver or white/blue combo, or maybe a combination of all three? Should we send our clusters to have this done? Or will be buy a new one? I'm confused (which happens easily these days ).

Also, Crispy, what is a ballpark figure on what you paid for your custom gauges? I'm trying to get an idea of what I am looking at, should this get off the ground.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/16/03 06:53 AM
If I can afford em, I want mine to look like the VW blue ones....without the logos. Those are tight. I may just find someone who can donate SVT gauges or buy and send them to you to custom fit.

dun't wanna mess em up

L8R
Rich
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: custom gauge interest - 01/16/03 09:25 AM
Drajen had this made up and I like the idea of making the battery light and all the rest of the instrument cluster with the same design.

Do you think this is possible, maybe with some different font for the numbers and letters also?
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/16/03 09:40 AM
that is a pretty crazy design...nice work..should be finding out info soon. Thanks for all of the reply's and interest shown..The quality will be exceptional and the fit will be as well.

As far as what gauges we will need to be sent in, i have the 98 up cluster w/tach and w/o to send in and hvac controls if applicable...anyone else that may have one available for another model would be good. I may be able to get an svt one as well.

Heather if you cluster is available i do believe we will need one if not i will find one

thanks
Posted By: AirKnight Re: custom gauge interest - 01/16/03 09:22 PM
I wouldn't want that kind of crazy design. You won't be able to see anything with something that complex.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/16/03 10:42 PM
Originally posted by AirKnight:
I wouldn't want that kind of crazy design. You won't be able to see anything with something that complex.

I agree 100%.. the design is freaking wicked tite... BUT trust me.. it's too busy.. you'll have a headache before no time.. I have no probs with my gauges.. but to me those are pretty simplistic compared to the design that was posted.. you gotta keep in mind of what you want lit at night too..

As far as pricing, that will be set between Bryan and Shaun.. I've given my info to Bryan and relayed his info to Shaun, so right now I'm outta the picture.. I must say that the gauges are built completely by hand and there is alot of labor involved..
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: custom gauge interest - 01/16/03 11:53 PM
Originally posted by AirKnight:

I agree 100%.. the design is freaking wicked tite... BUT trust me.. it's too busy.. you'll have a headache before no time.. I have no probs with my gauges.. but to me those are pretty simplistic compared to the design that was posted.. you gotta keep in mind of what you want lit at night too..

As far as pricing, that will be set between Bryan and Shaun.. I've given my info to Bryan and relayed his info to Shaun, so right now I'm outta the picture.. I must say that the gauges are built completely by hand and there is alot of labor involved..

I Posted the pics to show what kind of setup I was looking for, I don't like that design, but I do like the way he has the design on everything.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/16/03 11:55 PM
could you guys do this for me please?????

Lightning

i like this one the most.... made custom, by myself...
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/17/03 03:07 AM
i am just waitin for an email from brian and then ill let you know if that is an option..

Posted By: gSto Re: custom gauge interest - 01/17/03 04:16 AM
This is something i want to do... i used ur black template, and found some sunset picture on google...ive seen this done on some other site...and this is the IDEA of what i want...just a little better

So this is my photoshop

Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/17/03 04:24 AM
how did you host the picture on the page????
Posted By: gSto Re: custom gauge interest - 01/17/03 04:33 AM
Via fototime.com
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: custom gauge interest - 01/17/03 06:37 PM
Originally posted by gSto84:

If only our cars had a 6th gear maybe we'd see 85 mph at only 2300 rpms! That would be nice !
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/17/03 06:51 PM
backgrounds, graphics, prints, fonts, texts... it's all do-able.. I have yet to see something that Bryan wouldn't attempt.. The only thing I would see as a problem in the sunset one would be backlighting with your design.. the sunset would most likely not be shown at night..

Also any of the car graphics in his online store can be used as a background.. and you can have items blended, shaded, hidden.. removed completely, rotated.. etc..

Why buy cookie cutter gauges that look the same as everyone elses.. Go Custom.. you won't believe the comments you will receive..
Posted By: gSto Re: custom gauge interest - 01/17/03 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Contouring:
Originally posted by gSto84:

If only our cars had a 6th gear maybe we'd see 85 mph at only 2300 rpms! That would be nice !

smartass! it was only there for effect, i didn't even realize the rps and mph were off...however it IS possible to be at that speed, at those rpms, for a SPLIT second after u let go of the gas at a higher MPH
Posted By: gSto Re: custom gauge interest - 01/17/03 08:05 PM
The only thing I would see as a problem in the sunset one would be backlighting with your design.. the sunset would most likely not be shown at night..

Hmmm..it mite not be as vibrant at night, but with the right color bulbs, right transparency set and light bleed, i still think it could be possible... I mite be wrong and you mite be right...i just really wanna try something like that
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/17/03 10:37 PM
Ok ..everyone that is interested in making your own set of gauges that are made out of quality material and have a warranty as well as it coming from a reputable business....the form that you need to fill out is listed in the link below..the more people interested the better the price.

Custom Quality Gauges
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: custom gauge interest - 01/17/03 11:05 PM
I wasn't tryin to be a smartass! I was just pointing out my desire for a 6th gear!
Posted By: gSto Re: custom gauge interest - 01/17/03 11:37 PM
lol...i hear ya i hear ya
Posted By: auiotour Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 12:15 AM
Drajen had this made up and I like the idea of making the battery light and all the rest of the instrument cluster with the same design.

Do you think this is possible, maybe with some different font for the numbers and letters also?

here are what mine look installed

Posted By: pimpin1320 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 12:27 AM
Originally posted by MystiqueGS97:
i would be interested......i want custon blue metallic gauges that are blue at night

Originally posted by getaway driver:
Is it me.....or does anyone else wanna jack those needles too!

I would purchase blue metallic gauges that are blue at night that also include the neddles that are in the pictures. Would this set-up possible for a 1998 Mercury Mystique?
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 12:29 AM
Just fill out the sheet the link provides for the awesome quality and a fair price...
Posted By: auiotour Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 12:50 AM
What kinda of material are the guages being printed on, are they multi layer, or front to back, or just solid one side, glued layers?
Posted By: dsm1699 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 03:27 AM
wtf r those..lol
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 04:02 AM
the gauges are built in layers of material and took a long time to figure out the perfect way of doing them..they are not just printed out on the front..but i cant release how they are made to come to the fantastic results that bryan has because he had to work his butt off to achieve this quality...it is all hand made..
Posted By: quickSVT_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 06:31 AM
Originally posted by dsm1699:
wtf r those..lol

who the fk are you?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 06:38 AM
Originally posted by quickSVT:
wtf r those..lol

who the fk are you?

HAHA! Thats my friend! He's a wanker!
Posted By: quickSVT_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 07:05 AM
just tryin to keep it real for all the non dsm peeps. u know.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 02:27 PM
Originally posted by drajen:
What kinda of material are the guages being printed on, are they multi layer, or front to back, or just solid one side, glued layers?

It took MANY tries on Bryans end to get my gauges perfect... like Bnoon said in another thread, hundreds of dollars went into prototyping to make mine a reality.. He finally has it all down on making perfect gauge faces.. To be honest there were some serious backlighting issues for several of his tries.. I am suspecting that you might be having some of the same issues.. Bryan runs a very reputable business, and his products are his livlihood (SP?) so I can't really say more than what I told Shaun when he asked how to respond to your question.. Basically when I received my gauges I was blown away by how awesome they were instead of looking at them to find out how he did it, so to be honest I don't even know 100% how he does it.. All I can confirm is that they are indeed assembled by hand.. when you receive your gauges your looking at a quality product that surpasses most if not all gauges I have seen out there at shows.. plus each one has about 5-6 hours or more of labor thrown in them..

So I ask you all do you want to pay 150-180 for something you can't guarentee to be perfect nor will backed to be 100% satisfaction guarenteed??? I wouldn't either..

but if you want the best in 100% CUSTOM DESIGNED GAUGES.. Intricate Lines is your best option and the best alternative to stock gauges out there for the price PLUS Bryan will back each and every set of gauges he ships out.. He's filled many Cougar gauge orders and every person was satisfied with their order and as far as I know none were ever the same.. each 100% custom rendered and designed for personally for them..

..Crispy
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 02:29 PM
Went and filled out the form.
Posted By: dsm1699 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 07:36 PM
wtf r those..lol

who the fk are you?

good one 8========D~
Posted By: dsm1699 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Contouring:
wtf r those..lol

who the fk are you?

HAHA! Thats my friend! He's a wanker!

and by the way no one says that ne more pete
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/18/03 10:43 PM
Keep filling out the form..the more the better..the gauges do look phenomenal
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/19/03 07:35 AM
Hey Shaun, if I donate my cluster, will ya'll do the install and send it back?

Also, by filling out the form, does this mean you are committing to a buy on the gauges?
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/19/03 07:57 AM
Yes, i will do the install and no you are not committing, you are just showing what you may want if you get one.

thanks
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/19/03 07:59 AM
35 dollars seems like a great deal on teh gauge overlays for some gauges but i will just give my warning that they glue on and do not come off very easy when you may want or need them off. They are vinyl overlays but these are stock Replacements and that is the reason they are more expensive...you get what you pay for definitely.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/20/03 05:35 AM
35 dollars seems like a great deal on teh gauge overlays for some gauges but i will just give my warning that they glue on and do not come off very easy when you may want or need them off. They are vinyl overlays but these are stock Replacements and that is the reason they are more expensive...you get what you pay for definitely.

Sounds kool but explain a little more. These are overlays in that they go over the top of the original gauge face or do you remove the face and reinstall the overlays?

Just wanting clarification. So if I was wanting blue background for night and white face gauges for day, with red needles or green, would that be possible?

Would I need to change the lights for the background to change?

Thanks for the info. This looks kool

L8R
Rich
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/20/03 05:59 AM
Guys if you haven't checked thru the rest of the site, you are sorely missing out!!!!! Man, I will be getting probably a lot more than just gauges from you guys! The yellow car with the black flames "Andy's *cough cough* Cavalier"...looking at those....went to online store.....liking the whole graphics on the cars and such! I am liking what I am seeing

Guys....email me
sosaudio1@mchsi.com

Filled out the form!

SEEEWWEEETTT

L8R
Rich
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: custom gauge interest - 01/20/03 06:16 AM
wtf r those..lol

who the fk are you?

ROFL.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/20/03 06:06 PM
it replaces your whole overlay...it just isn't a glue on type thing so you can put it back to stock if u needed to...you can have a white face during the day and have it glow whatever color you want...if you go the link posted on the first page it tells you your options for the particular package. The needles are sold by a different company. They are around 80 dollars for the indiglo needles.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: custom gauge interest - 01/20/03 06:12 PM
oh HECK YEAH , i want these for sure .........!! damn awsome
OH how do i get these ?
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/20/03 06:42 PM
Just fill out the form below, it is not commiting but just lets bryan know what you would like and he will get back to you

click here
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/20/03 07:46 PM
Shaun was just COMPARING what Bryan has to offer you versus the competition.. these gauges are complete new faces.. they will replace your stock gauges, they are not cheap vinyl overlays (basically a stick on face that goes over your pod tray) or made of paper.. they are 100% waterproof, fade resistant and will not discolor.. Out of every single mod on my car my custom gauges are my favorite.. they generate the most looks and comments ever at a show..

and as I stated before.. you can have 100% CUSTOM faces.. a professional designed face that both you and Bryan will approve before they are made.. any color face, any color (or colors) backlighting .. shading.. gradients, graphics, text.. you dream it.. and it will be a reality in your ride later..

BTW -- if any of you are interested in having a Group Buy with full body graphics let me know.. I've done many for him before over on the Coug boards.. and again, ANYTHING you see on his site can be modified to your liking and he will do custom designs..

..Crispy
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: custom gauge interest - 01/20/03 08:43 PM
OK all filled out , Does anyone know what these cost ?
and im guessing you can have them made to whatever you want your design to be ?
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/20/03 10:07 PM
there is a link on the first page for the package costs and what you can do in each package...this is before the group buy so it should go down a bit
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: custom gauge interest - 01/21/03 01:43 AM
sent
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/21/03 01:37 PM
i think we have sent in a good amount of forms..bryan should be getting back to me soon on the details
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/22/03 01:31 AM
Just filled out mine!
Posted By: mmarfan_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/22/03 09:25 PM

On this you might wanna change where the ABS and the BRAKE light are, because some cars have those two swapped (just ask alot of the indiglo guys - including me )
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/22/03 10:25 PM
According to my talk with Bryan Winter this morning we are now at the point where Shaun needs to send in his pod and gauge faces to start working on getting them into production.. A set regular price as well as a DISCOUNTED GROUP RATE will be figured out at that time after the product is made... As soon as he receives Shaun's package he will start working on the project..

Shaun.. Do you need to request additional gauge faces yet before you send .. or do you have what most are requesting for in your possession?

..Crispy
Posted By: pimpin1320 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/23/03 12:51 AM
Just filled out the form. Hope to hear something soon.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/23/03 05:26 AM
just filled out the form too!
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/23/03 06:10 AM
I have the gauge pods for the post 98 tach and tachless...i think glchick is sendin in her 95 w/o tach i believe...correct me if i am wrong..anyone else able to send in their gauge pods of different years or styles?
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/24/03 06:49 AM
I emailed them and asked if they needed my cluster, I'd be happy to ship it.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: custom gauge interest - 01/25/03 01:59 AM
yeah would love to have a set with tach in indiglo with maybe som Star Trek: TNG logo's in the center
Posted By: gSto Re: custom gauge interest - 01/25/03 04:06 AM
I can send my cluster WITH tach for a pre-98...do i get this discounted more/free than GB price for this (assuming they need a pre-98 with tach)? because i am running VERY low on funds for the car
Posted By: gSto Re: custom gauge interest - 01/25/03 04:10 AM
Originally posted by bnoon:

No, the '95's (both Contour and Mystique) have the trip reset on the left and they also lowered the trip odometer placement. Simply cutting a different hole wouldn't work well.

The types of gauges you need are:

• Early with tach, 130 speedo (Early '95 only it seems. Trip reset on left, trip odometer lower)

I have a 1995 Ford Contour GL and i have a tach HOWEVER...the trip reset is on the RIGHT side...not left
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/25/03 07:13 AM
I also have a '95 without a tach and the trip reset is on the bottom right. Part # 95BP-10C956-EC. This is the one I will be sending in.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: custom gauge interest - 01/25/03 07:38 AM
its on the lower right side of my speedom as well
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: custom gauge interest - 01/28/03 07:07 PM
Any updates on this project?
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/28/03 10:54 PM
I will be sending in my two gauge clusters and glchick's cluster in to be looked at and still looking for an svt and the pre 98 gauges to be loaned for a short time period.

Shouldn't be long before we get some good results
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: custom gauge interest - 01/29/03 02:38 AM
Originally posted by wstang455:
its on the lower right side of my speedom as well

But you have a 99 thats why.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: custom gauge interest - 01/29/03 03:01 AM
I will be sending in my two gauge clusters and glchick's cluster in to be looked at and still looking for an svt and the pre 98 gauges to be loaned for a short time period.

Shouldn't be long before we get some good results

How long does the process take and please post some pics when your done

Also I'm buying me a guage cluster in a month or so and before I install it I'm gonna send it up to get done, that is the main reason I wanted to know how long it took.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/29/03 03:19 AM
You wont have to send it up if we have a prototype b4 hand...you will just be able to order it to your residence
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: custom gauge interest - 01/29/03 03:43 AM
ok but how long will it take from the time I order and give you the design i want until it will be shipped?
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/29/03 03:45 AM
I will find that out right after he gets my prototype and takes a good look at.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 01/29/03 03:46 AM
As soon as he gets the prototype and looks over it, i will have a better idea on how long it will take for turn around time.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: custom gauge interest - 01/29/03 03:48 AM
ok cool just let me know hell I might even order 2 sets so I can change them out every so often
Posted By: auiotour Re: custom gauge interest - 02/04/03 07:33 AM
Originally posted by mmarfan:

On this you might wanna change where the ABS and the BRAKE light are, because some cars have those two swapped (just ask alot of the indiglo guys - including me )

i noticed with my trials, of doing guages, some tours of have different icons, in different spots, for instance, the post98 they are switched, versus the pre98s. here I just took this pic of the original

BTW, mine still have not faded either, they are still looking perfect. I also, printed out the finals, and have them installed. they look even better then the prototypes, amazing how well they turned out. I will be posting pics of both the camero, escort, contour, and taurus guages I have done, (final versions). Ohh yea, I have 98 escort tach and no tach, and soon pre98 no tach, and post 98 tach. I will also be adding 2000 Expedition and 2002 Mustant SRS, and 2001 Explorer Sport guages. And if I am lucky, svt focus and svt contour, i am still asking my friend if I can pull them out of his car for a hour. i will be having a GB a month or two after this guage GB is done, that way, no compition, between each other, and also respect. Guages will be 75-125 now. Found a cheaper way to produce them at a higher quality then before. Yippie!!!
Posted By: mmarfan_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 02/04/03 10:08 PM
Here's mine - (not sure if you can see pic, click on link if it doesn't show up, hopefully the link will work... )

http://www.mmarfantour.8m.com/images/example.jpg

Posted By: mmarfan_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 02/05/03 03:49 AM
Dang it didn't work. Well the pics are on http://www.mmarfantour.8m.com/images there's about 30 of them Look for the one that says "example" and click on it
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 02/05/03 05:16 AM
The prototypes are sent in and things will be rolling. Will contact people when knew information arises. Thanks
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: custom gauge interest - 02/05/03 01:15 PM
ok, that sounds good, any are the prices set for these or are you not sure yet?
Posted By: shaun252 Re: custom gauge interest - 02/05/03 02:55 PM
Bryan has to look at the gauges before he sets a price.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: custom gauge interest - 02/05/03 03:49 PM
Why is there a piece of CARDBOARD in place of your grill ? ? ????????????????????????????????
Posted By: mmarfan_dup1 Re: custom gauge interest - 02/05/03 11:00 PM
Originally posted by CitatioN10:
Why is there a piece of CARDBOARD in place of your grill ? ? ????????????????????????????????

lol I had my grille in Michigan getting a wire mesh installed by Aussie. I had to run it for a while
© CEG Archives