Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 02:28 AM
I work for a car stereo/speed shop on the east coast. and I am offering the state of the art Viper Responder alarm package for 300 dollars. Retail for this alarm is 499.99 in circuit city or other stores. I have a posted link for more information on this alarm. I am just seeing what the interest level there is for this product. So voice your opinions on what you think.

Viper Responder
Posted By: CincySVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 02:33 AM
how much would an install cost? I have a Crimestopper alarm , but might be interested .
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 02:49 AM
That thing is bad ass. Two way communication.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 04:02 AM
will this be a one time group buy or continous? if it's continous, i'd be in on it in the summer time. (right now, my car doesn't attract a bunch of attention)
Posted By: whitegt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 04:41 AM
Will I have to use my keyless entry in conjunction with the alarm or can I bypass the keyless entry and just use the Viper for all my functions?(lock/unlock doors, trunk release)?
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 04:56 AM
If it's simple to get past the PATS, and if I'll be able to get it installed from circuit city (or a recommended place like that), I'm in, because that's an awesome price.
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 05:03 AM
thats a bad a$$ alarm! thats what i was gonna buy, but my mom bought me a Black Widow alarm w/ no lcd pager and [censored]. im like wtf, so if im say at the mall, i dont know if my [censored] getting brokin into or not ya know... bleh. mayb ill upgrade in a year. lol.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 07:33 AM
I am in if i can get it installed for a decent price. The audio store in my town is selling the complete system and install for $450.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 07:36 AM
Damn thats a heck of a good price. Wish I could take advantage but I have to buy the Hella RS body kit.
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 01:40 PM
Ok an install would cost approximately 75-100 dollars at a local shop.
Posted By: daniels_scsvt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 01:48 PM
Originally posted by CarStereoExpert:
I work for a car stereo/speed shop on the east coast. and I am offering the state of the art Viper Responder alarm package for 300 dollars.

wow, nice system. do you know the size of the remote?

where on the east coast are you and do you install?

when will a decision be made on this gb? I'm interested....

daniel

Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 01:49 PM
Yes two way communication is what makes the alarm state of the art. It stays in constant communication with your vehicle up to a 1/4 mile away, you can also arm, disarm, pop your trunk, lower your windows, set your alarm off to get rid of a snooping kid, or start your vehicle from a 1/4 mile away. Now here is the more of the two way part of the deal, if someone smacks or punches your car it will show it on your remote and beep or vibrate to alert you. It will come up with a small hammer telling you what happened. If someone were to raise your hood or open your trunk it blinks the hood or the trunk on your remote control. If someone were to touch your ignition wires it blinks your ignition wires. That is just a brief overview of the alarm any specifics just let me know.

In addition some of the options you can add to the alarm are windows modules (which allows you to lower or higher your windows through your remote), a trunk popper if you do not have one, a backup battery, a 2nd siren for inside the car or your trunk (depending if you have a stereo system in the trunk).

Viper Responder
-Jason
Posted By: SVT Amateur Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 01:56 PM
Ok an install would cost approximately 75-100 dollars at a local shop.

When I had this Viper 790XV system installed, it cost me $300, and that was because I knew the guy. It is a lot of labor, especially for the remote start, and then you have to consider parts for a bypass module for the PATS system ($50) and then a truck relase kit (since the trunk release is manual, $50). So that's $100 just in parts, and it takes about a day for one person to install all parts of the alarm, keyless entry, remote start, and trunk release.

Your $300 deal is a decent deal (I got mine for $250 off of ebay) but the Contour owners should know that the install is definately going to cost more than what you are saying. All in all, it is probably about the same as buying it from a local shop if they include install in their price, but could be a good deal if a Contour owner knew of someone that could cut them a break on the install.
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 02:03 PM
Kremithefrog> Depending on the interest level of this groupbuy, I will most likely offer another groupbuy beginning in the spring to summer.

Whitelx> Yes you can bypass your whole system and just use the viper for all of your functions. So no you do not have to carry 2 remotes around! Whatever car stereo shop decides to install this will know exactly what to do, and you do not even need to tell them that, because that is how they will set it up automatically.

ssmumich00> Yes that is a great question, I am glad someone brought that up. the ford PATS system is simple to get around but it is a 40 dollar part in addition to the alarm.

DanKbud> Its your decision man! I understand ya, you just got in to that black widow!

XKontour98> The installation should cost no more than 75-100 dollars and that price is +$40 for our cars because we have the PATS system to get around.

Luckytour95> I will most likely be offering another groupbuy depending on the success of this one.

Joshua_at_Baylor> first off the remote trunk pop is an option, second off i am offering PATS bypass module for 40 dollars, third off it does not take a whole day to install the alarm, My installer installed my personal alarm for me with the battery backup, and 2nd siren, with a custom siren sound in 3 hours. I do not know who installed yours. My shop offers installation for 70 dollars of this alarm. We average 3 hour install times and mark our schedules to last no more than 3 hours for the installatoin of the Viper Responder.

Viper Responder

-Jason

Posted By: SVT Amateur Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 02:55 PM
Wow! I knew my town sucked, but I didn't know it sucked that bad. Most of the alarm retailers here are shady, and so I had my friend (who is a DEI certified installer, but doesn't do very many remote starts and usually works on Sidewinders) install my Viper. It took him all day. That is a good price you offer, I wish I lived where you do.
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 03:05 PM
yes all of our installers are DEI Certified as well as MECP certified if you understand that certification. we have highly qualified installers at our shop.

-Jason

Posted By: SVT Amateur Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 03:20 PM
Yeah, doesn't it stand for Mobile Electronics Certified Professionals? I think he was too, but like I said he doesn't do very many remote starts (they usually only do audio) so I guess that is why it took him longer. But it sounds like ya'll run an honest shop because those are some great install prices.
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 03:34 PM
Yes we do try to run an honest shop, we have been open for over 15 years and we were talking about trying out internet sales to expand, so my idea since I own a contour was to try to the boards on contour.org first...
Posted By: daniels_scsvt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 03:52 PM
where is your shop located?

I'm in Boston...

whats the size of the remote? (ie...fit in pocket?)
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 04:03 PM
Hi my shop is located in wincester, VA. and the remote im looking at right now inch and 1/4 wide and 2 1/4 - 1/2 inches tall and about half inch thick. its very small and fits in to your pocket great. another good thing is the battery is not a watch battery it is a triple A battery to replace!

another thing about the remote you can have it beep, vibrate or both. and it has lighting in it for the night.

It also shows if your car is locked or unlocked and it tells you if your car actually started when you hit the button. it shows a puff of exhaust on the exhaust pipe!

any more questions let me know, you can see the remote here at Viper Responder

Jason
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 04:31 PM
when is this GB price going to end..... I have money in too many places right now, so i need some time....
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 05:23 PM
Kremithefrog> Depending on the interest level of this groupbuy, I will most likely offer another groupbuy beginning in the spring to summer.

Luckytour95> I will most likely be offering another groupbuy depending on the success of this one.

Viper Responder

-Jason

Cool that is good news because I would really like to get in on this.
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 06:36 PM
ok, im in
*IF*
(im just gonna check a local shop who sells this, and compare prices...if they are the same then it's no need to get the GB)

^see above
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 06:37 PM
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
when is this GB price going to end..... I have money in too many places right now, so i need some time....

this hasnt begun yet! I will give this forum a few days more, and then I will ask everyone who wants go ahead with this. If I get at least 5 takers I will start the groupbuy and give everyone a certain time to work out details on their orders. But a more accurate answer to your question is yes I will open up another group buy for this around the spring to summer time. I do understand that there are quite alot of groupbuys going on right now.

-Jason
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 06:38 PM
gsto84> That is fine, I encourage people to do their homework on a product before they jump on board!

-Jason
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 06:40 PM
I realize this comes with the transponder, but *this may be a stupid question* (oh well haha)
it comes with all the sensors rite? (i currently have a low level viper alarm..prolly a lower version than Viper 300 ESP.
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 07:02 PM
Originally posted by gSto84:
I realize this comes with the transponder, but *this may be a stupid question* (oh well haha)
it comes with all the sensors rite? (i currently have a low level viper alarm..prolly a lower version than Viper 300 ESP.

haha yes it comes with all the sensors. and it even has more zones than the viper 300ESP. this alarm is the most state of the art Viper has ever offered.

Viper Responder
-Jason
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 07:25 PM
I guess I should bust out with some options now.

For the windows module. Which allows you to lower and higher your windows from your remote control is $94 each. Now each module operates two windows. So you need 2 modules for all four windows if you wish to do all four windows. It is popular for people to do just the front two windows.

We also offer a backup battery module which is $50. This prevents thieves from cutting your battery cables to kill the alarm. The backup battery is hidden and allows the siren to run with a backup source of power!

The trunk pop option is $30 and it allows you to push a button and your trunk to pop up. (pretty self-explanatory I know)

A Piezo Siren allows you to have an extremely loud siren and a backup siren. Which is $30.

The siren w/backup battery is popular and it comes with a 6 tone siren. It is by Revenger.

Windows Module = $94 ( 1 for 2windows, 2 for 4 windows)
Backup Battery = $50
Trunk Pop = $30
Piezo Siren = $20
Siren w/backup battery = $75

Those are my recommended options. The following is the options you can get with your alarm that would be nice to have but you really do not need them.

The Proximity Sensor $87 which allows basically you to leave your windows down without fear of people reaching in your car. It develops a field within your car so if you break that field the alarm goes off.

Another custom little tidbit you can do to your alarm is add a voice module. It is $100 and comes with 19 different voice messages.

-Jason

More Information from the Viper Website on these products!
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/08/03 10:49 PM
Keep us posted. This is the alarm i wanted to get, but i havent got to looking into prices and now i will be.
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/09/03 03:08 PM
Yes I will keep you all posted? Does anyone else have anymore interest in this groupbuy?
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/09/03 03:32 PM
With the group buy, can we also purchase some of the extras at a discounted price, like as a package, or no? I would like to get the window upgrade, as well as the backup battery.
-Matt
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/09/03 03:40 PM
Im sure we can all work something out, I will come back with some prices as soon as I can. Were you thinking about all four windows or just 2 windows?

If so what would you think if I came back with a package that included the backup battery and siren, with windows modules. I am not sure about price but will check it out.
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/09/03 06:32 PM
I was thinking of also purchasing the window kit for just the front 2, the piezo siren, and then def. the trunk popper, and possibly the back-up battery.
-Matt
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/09/03 06:45 PM
Well I will be back with a proposition to you all with a complete package entailing Viper Responder, Viper Module for PATS System, 1 Window Module (most popular), backup battery and siren, and a trunk popper.

By this weekend I will open the groupbuy and see how much response we get, if we at least get 5 alarms we will go forward with the group buy. Any questions will always be gladly answered! So go do your homework if you need to! This weekend I will give details on everything including payment information, when the groupbuy deadline is, and of course this all depends on how many we get.

Thanks,
Jason

Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/09/03 07:02 PM
Pshhhh i would need a total package
i live near south street Philly .... and although it's gotten a LOT better since the early 90's....

well i would like to keep my car in 1 piece...
so i cant wait to see the package price
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/09/03 07:27 PM
cool, I will get it posted on here asap

-Jason
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/10/03 08:04 PM
I have not gotten the final price for the "complete package" yet. but I am wondering about who would be interested in going through with the group buy. if you would be just post "IN" and then any other comments you have on the subject.

Thanks,
Jason
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/10/03 08:05 PM
in depending on the time of the GB
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/10/03 09:15 PM
IN, with complete package
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/10/03 09:55 PM
IN (depending on deadline, i just payed 300$ for a repair so im asking 3 weeks atleast to have the cash)
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/10/03 09:58 PM
great I will get that price as soon as possible for you all, by sunday!

Gsto> I am ready when you are, no rush from me!

Posted By: JaySVT_dup1 Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/10/03 09:59 PM
The install on this alarm will definetly cost most people more than $100 bucks. If you leave out the remote start, you'd be looking at around $100. With the remote start you'll need an extra key ($75) so you can mount the chip in the ignition. You'll also need that bypass module which will run you around $50. The actual install with remote start will easily push you over $200. Although this is a great deal for the alarm, make sure you have the extra cash for the install and all the extras.
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/10/03 10:11 PM
hey buddy, I am offering that "EXTRA MODULE" which is also known as the DEI 555F for 40 dollars not 50. and the install yes does require two keys (good point, thanks for bringing that up, when i did mine i had 2 keys and was not a problem for me) and my shop does the install for 70 - 100 dollars.
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/10/03 10:53 PM
hmm im confused about the key issue...mine doesn't have a chip inside it...but then again it's a 95...what year did this start? the extra "key" issue i guess doesn't apply to me?

*EDIT**

on a side note, you said you were located on the east coast? well if you are BELOW PA, that would be great, i am heading towards Miami in a little bit, and i could always stop by for the installation or what not (that is if you are not out of my way :-) i-95 all the way down!
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/11/03 12:25 AM
what do u guys do for remote start on mtx's. the dei's dont offer that feature. i'm sure u can rig it up but i wouldn't trust it. i got a clifford ag4 w/ every available option and smartwindows 4 module for front doors and cliffnet dataport (laptop to control/program the alarm). my guy hooked me up and before the install quoted me for a 10 hour job. it took LONGER than 10 hours. the ag4 is the top of the line and very sophisticated, as this viper is too. i skipped the viper alarm when shopping for my alarm cuz it didn't haven't an mtx remote start. the only thing i'm missing that clifford didn't offer is the lcd key fob. my shop didn't rush to do the install and cut corners. they work on high end cars all the time. everything it hidden.

you guys WILL pay more than 75-100 to get this viper installed, especially cuz your install shop isn't making money off the sale of the alarm and parts. while this is a good price for the alarm, make sure u call shops capable of this kind of install that will give u a good price. some wont even do the install with alarm that u supply. if they do, they usually charge more per hour.

Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/11/03 12:27 AM
joshua, i think everything u said was pretty on the money.
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/11/03 04:57 PM
yes you do not have to worry about it then.
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/11/03 04:59 PM
you are right on a few things. the alarm itself takes about 3 hours to install which my shop charges about 70-100 for the install. but each option you get does take the installer extra time and they will charge you more.
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/11/03 05:46 PM
400$ or a grand+ in stolen merchandise? car being keyed...etc you decide...

personally i feel this is a great deal...it's pretty obvious installation is gonna cost you a buck, unleses you do it yourself

let's wait till we have a final price to think about install
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/13/03 05:41 PM
Ok I will be offering a all together kit that includes the following:

Viper Responder (790xv)
Viper PATs Module
1 Windows Module
Backup Battery + Siren
Trunk Pop

All together complete price for $550.

I will be back later on tonight with a more basic package deal.

-Jason

If you want to go forward with this groupbuy PM me with a response and any questions you may have.
I am officially opening this groupbuy!
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/13/03 07:38 PM
Hey guys I just realized that I posted the wrong price up. The complete package price will be 515 not 550! The methods of payment will be Check, Money Order, Cash, or by paypal.

Ok I will be offering a all together kit that includes the following:

Viper Responder (790xv)
Viper PATs Module
1 Windows Module
Backup Battery + Siren
Trunk Pop

All together complete price for $550.

I will be back later on tonight with a more basic package deal.

-Jason

If you want to go forward with this groupbuy PM me with a response and any questions you may have.
I am officially opening this groupbuy!

Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/13/03 11:21 PM
How does the trunk pop work? im assuming it comes with everything to do the trunk pop? not just a switch? because i have to use a key to pop my trunk, and the (1) window module...does that mean i can only lower one window?

gSto

i am so in for this system as soon as i get some $$$ flow
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/14/03 03:01 AM
What if we dont want the window module. How much would u take off. And does this price include shipping also.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/14/03 06:15 AM
if your trunk doesn't have remote pop from the factory, u have to add a kit. not sure if group buy includes a trunk release interface for the alarm or the kit to convert your trunk to trunk release.
Posted By: AubreySVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/14/03 06:19 AM
I would be very intrested in this group buy, but I need to know when you need the money.... Also, as a SVT owner I belive that our cars have a trunk popper (we can pop the trunk wit the remote). So do we or do we not need the module for our cars. I probally have the money later this month or early next month.
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/14/03 07:24 PM
lol im just very confused about all this, but VERY interested

seems like u mite need to explain this in detail, what things do/mean...like (1) window module....is that for two windows or 1...etc and does that window module lower ur window or PROTECT ur window...sorry these may be dumb questions...i just dont have a clue
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/14/03 08:32 PM
The window module, 1 unit, allows one pair, either front or rears to be lowered by remote. Yes the SVT is equipped with a factory trunk popper, but I am not sure whether or not we need the module from DEI, if it is like a relay or what.
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/14/03 09:01 PM
Very interested, for the features you are listing it sounds like an awesome price!
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/14/03 09:36 PM
Ok to answer your question each windows module operates two windows. So 2 windows modules are needed for all four windows if you wish to have all four windows. Now with the windows modules you can set them so on some day when you have your windows down you can shut your car off jump out walk away and set the alarm and as soon as you set your alarm yours windows will go up and close. you may also higher and lower your windows from your remote control which is cool to show off to your friends!

On your trunk pop questions I will be back with your answers later on in the evening!

-Jason
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/16/03 08:37 PM
You got a PM Jason, I am still interested
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/16/03 08:42 PM
Am i correct by saying the following?

Trunk pop (since i dont have a remote for this then at the moment this is an unanswered question)

Viper responder system which comes with all the necesary sensors to detect trunk being opened, system being started, hood being opened, vibration sensor?

1 Window module, operates two windows... do they go both up and down? or just up if you forgot to put them up after u left ur car (either way it's cool)

i mite be missing something.,..but i gotta get back to work

gSto
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/16/03 09:41 PM
If you would like trunk pop all you need is this module for trunk pop, no other additional parts. Yes all the sensors are included in this alarm. The window module that I am supplying goes both up and down. You may choose the one that just goes up if you would like though.

Originally posted by gSto84:
Am i correct by saying the following?

Trunk pop (since i dont have a remote for this then at the moment this is an unanswered question)

Viper responder system which comes with all the necesary sensors to detect trunk being opened, system being started, hood being opened, vibration sensor?

1 Window module, operates two windows... do they go both up and down? or just up if you forgot to put them up after u left ur car (either way it's cool)

i mite be missing something.,..but i gotta get back to work

gSto

Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/16/03 09:42 PM
If there is anyone else that has any questions or would like to get in on this just let me know by posting or PM'n me.

Thanks,
Jason
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/22/03 01:49 AM
When do u need the deposit by? And when will this be send out?
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/22/03 02:05 AM
He's taking 100$ deposits now
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/22/03 02:11 AM
yeah i know i didnt check my PM, my bad.
Posted By: BeachCougar Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/22/03 04:09 AM
Hey CarStereoExpert I have a proposition. I am currently about 60 miles from you in the DC area going to a course for work. I am willing to drive to where you are and have you install the alarm for me with (1) set of window modules. I would also be willing to take some video and pictures of the alarm installed for everyone on here or the NECO forums to see. That way, they know what they are getting and how everything looks, works, sounds, etc. I am off every day at 2PM and could be there an hour or so afterwards. We could do it tomorrow if you want. I am flexible. Not doing much but sitting in the hotel room. Anyway, I will pay you for the alarm, window module and pats bypass if you would wave your 75.00 install fee. I'll PM you my cell number if you want to set this up in the next dayt or two. Let me know what you think. By the way you should post the same topic at the NECO forums to also gauge interest. Thanks.
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/22/03 05:31 PM
Anyone know who i make the check out to for the alarm deposite.
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/22/03 08:08 PM
Eurobeat
20701 Highland Hall Drive
Montgomery Village, MD 20886

Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/23/03 04:19 AM
Thanks I will be sending it out tomorrow. Cant wait to get it.
Posted By: pimpin1320 Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/23/03 10:37 PM
I would love to purchase this system, but I would like to get a few questions answered. I wanted to know if after the group buy is over will you still be selling the modules?
I know I can come up with the money for the basic system and by-pass kit, but I would love to add on the window,back-up battery , proximity, and if I come up with enough money the voice module at a later date.
One last question: what time frame are we looking at for coming up with the money? Hoping I can wait till my taxes come back. Sent them in today.
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/23/03 10:48 PM
I will be sendin g out the downpaymenty sometime this week..
speaking of taxes..im 18...still labeled as a dependant under my parents... but i made less than 4500 for the 2002 year... how do i go about filing a return? If anyone can help me out on this please PM me

im expecting about 300-400$ in returns
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/23/03 10:57 PM
Originally posted by BeachCougar:
Hey CarStereoExpert I have a proposition. I am currently about 60 miles from you in the DC area going to a course for work. I am willing to drive to where you are and have you install the alarm for me with (1) set of window modules. I would also be willing to take some video and pictures of the alarm installed for everyone on here or the NECO forums to see. That way, they know what they are getting and how everything looks, works, sounds, etc. I am off every day at 2PM and could be there an hour or so afterwards. We could do it tomorrow if you want. I am flexible. Not doing much but sitting in the hotel room. Anyway, I will pay you for the alarm, window module and pats bypass if you would wave your 75.00 install fee. I'll PM you my cell number if you want to set this up in the next dayt or two. Let me know what you think. By the way you should post the same topic at the NECO forums to also gauge interest. Thanks.

Hey, I am sorry but my installer does not want to go for the deal, since he is so busy doing other installs such as flip screens, headrest monitors, speakers, subs, amps, alarms, ETC. he has to take care of his customers. Doing detailed pictures is a great idea but the fact is he can get that on any of his customers cars. However if you are still interested in the alarm please let me know.

Thanks,
Jason
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/23/03 10:59 PM
Originally posted by pimpin1320:
I would love to purchase this system, but I would like to get a few questions answered. I wanted to know if after the group buy is over will you still be selling the modules?
I know I can come up with the money for the basic system and by-pass kit, but I would love to add on the window,back-up battery , proximity, and if I come up with enough money the voice module at a later date.
One last question: what time frame are we looking at for coming up with the money? Hoping I can wait till my taxes come back. Sent them in today.

Yes you can always go back and add things, thats the great thing about electronics! Just like a computer. I am still accepting downpayments, I will then wait for the alarms to come in, they can be as fast as overnight or can be a few days, since they are on backorder its hard to tell.
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/25/03 03:07 AM
I sent out my deposit today, I cant wait to get it.
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/25/03 03:17 AM
^ lol i read ur sig...TIME TO SAVE SOME CASH! hahahaha
Posted By: EuroTour Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/25/03 03:53 AM
How does this alarm compare to the Audiovox Prestige two-way transmitting alarm? They seem to have a lot of the same features.
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/28/03 03:17 AM
^ lol i read ur sig...TIME TO SAVE SOME CASH! hahahaha

Why whats so funny about that. Time to save some cash for some mods.
Posted By: gSto Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/28/03 04:53 AM
dude first of all it was a joke...
and second of all it just said save cash...not for mods... so since u were gettin in on this GB...

nm im not gonna start a flame war...
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/29/03 02:05 PM
Originally posted by SVTMike99:
How does this alarm compare to the Audiovox Prestige two-way transmitting alarm? They seem to have a lot of the same features.

I will get you this answer as soon as possible, I do not deal with the Prestige alarms, but will do some research to accurately answer your question.

Thanks,
Jason
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/29/03 02:06 PM
Ok everyone I will be closing this groupbuy not this friday but next friday February 7. I have recieved 3 payments as of now and will be Private Messaging the 3 individuals with confirmations later this evening. If you have any questions as always contact me or just post it! Thanks again for all your participation in this groupbuy.

Sincerely,
Jason
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/30/03 10:12 PM
Hey Jason, I sent you the deposit Sat. morning. It should have gotten to you by now, My name is Matt W. and username slvr98svt, Id just like to make sure you recieved it thanx
-Matt
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 01/31/03 09:34 PM
Hey Matt, check your PM!

Thanks,
Jason
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/01/03 02:52 AM
I was wondering also if u got my deposit. My name is Nick. I sent it last week some time.
Posted By: BeachCougar Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/02/03 01:38 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know. I tried to contact Jason many times asking him via PM's to find out what the number to the shop is so I could call and set up an appointment for the $70-$100 install he says his shop provides. I bought the alarm off Ebay for 238.00 shipped and got most of the modules for a lot less than he is offering. After a few PM's, all I was given was an address to a warehouse. The address is in Maryland yet the shop was susposedly in Virginia. Here is the address:

Eurobeat
Montgomery Village, MD

I am offering this as just information for the group. He may be legitimate and if so I apologize. It just seems a little suspicious that a legitimate business does not have a phone number.

Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/02/03 04:28 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know. I tried to contact Jason many times asking him via PM's to find out what the number to the shop is so I could call and set up an appointment for the $70-$100 install he says his shop provides. I bought the alarm off Ebay for 238.00 shipped and got most of the modules for a lot less than he is offering. After a few PM's, all I was given was an address to a warehouse. The address is in Maryland yet the shop was susposedly in Virginia. Here is the address:

Eurobeat
Montgomery Village, MD

I am offering this as just information for the group. He may be legitimate and if so I apologize. It just seems a little suspicious that a legitimate business does not have a phone number.

I don't know Jason all that well, but as far as I can tell, he is legit.

I believe he had everyone make checks out to his shop "Eurobeat" (in VA) and had everyone mail them to his house (in MD) for collection.

I can't answer the install/PM question for you.
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/02/03 05:35 AM
I dont know him either, but I sent my deposit in, he said that he recieved it, but now I dont know how to work out the rest of the money situation. I dont want to send him the rest of the money and never see the alarm, nor does he probably want to send the alarm and not recieve any money. O well he sounds legit and will probably answer these questions by tomw.
-Matt
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/03/03 01:51 PM
Ok I will further explain myself upon Eurobeat. Eurobeat is a branch off of the shop in VA. It was started because we wanted to offer installation service at your home. It is basically a mobile car stereo business centered on hitting the crowd in MD. So we called it Eurobeat. Another thing I would love to express to BeachCougar, in any world of products, you will always find something cheaper whether it is used or new, you will always find it somewhere else cheaper if you know where to look. I am sure most of everyone knows this. I did not compare my prices to EBAY did I ? No I compared them to Circuit City and prices at your local shop. I know this is the first groupbuy I have offered and hope to offer other ones to you all. I plan on gaining your trust. From your perspective I know how you must be thinking, I am buying something from someone I do not know and I am trusting them. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at (240) 731-2810.

Thank you for your comments Pete! Appreciate it a bunch.

Thanks,
Jason
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/04/03 01:15 AM
Jason, when can we expect you to recieve these, or us to recieve them. Not that im in a huge hurry because mines off the road for the winter, but I was just wondering so I could get an idea of when I need to gather some loot to pay for the rest of this.
-Matt
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/04/03 03:12 AM
He PM-ed me today (I think it was today), but anyway he said he was putting the orders in on friday. And he will let us know about shipping too.
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/04/03 06:08 PM
Yes I am ordering them on friday. When I recieve them I will PM you all and let you know and send you each your shipping information and final balance due. After I have confirmed with you all, I will then send you a final balance due including shipping. After I have recieved balances I will then ship them to your doors! Hope that you enjoy these! Any more questions feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Jason
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/09/03 01:46 AM
Hey I just ordered the alarms they are faxing me the invoices on monday, and I will get your balances to you all right after that! I will keep you all posted and as always contact me with any questions.

Thanks,
Jason
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/09/03 02:55 AM
Sounds great. Are you e-mailing us the invoices, or actually mailing them?
-Matt
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/13/03 02:22 AM
Hey guys sorry for the delay I have been really busy lately with work. Life is hectic! But I will try to have your final costs on here by friday. Thanks for all your patience.

Sincerely,
Jason
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/17/03 02:14 AM
Hey Jason, its sunday night, just wondering if you forgot about us, nah just kidding, cant wait to get the alarm.
-Matt
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/21/03 04:03 AM
Hey its thursday night and I will let you all know what the prices are as soon as I can. It has been a real mess up here in maryland with this freak snow fall! I have 30 inches of snow plus 5 foot snow drifts! It is incredible I've never seen so much snow here before. But the tour is doing great in the snow! I am hoping for tomorrow for you all!

-Jason
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/25/03 11:55 PM
OK what is going on with this? Did we all get stiffed on our deposts? Im just kidding. I want this alarm, so it can be installed when my brother is on vacation, so I can drop off my car and drive his to work.
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/25/03 11:58 PM
Yeah I'd like to know also, im getting a little anxious to know what happened to my money also
-Matt
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/26/03 12:03 AM
Im glad that im not the only one wondering where there money went.
Posted By: slvr98svt Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/26/03 12:58 AM
You aint kidding, not that I dont trust him, its just that we sent our money in a long time ago(although he hasnt cashed my check), and he hasnt been quite as quick to respond to our questions and such now.
-Matt
Posted By: BeachCougar Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/26/03 01:30 AM

Eurobeat
Montgomery Village, MD

I hate to say I told you so. I hope you guys get your product or your money back. By the way, the alarm is awesome.
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/26/03 02:22 AM
Hey guys I am really sorry about the delay I am finally caught up over here and I have the alarms ordered, they should be in within 2 more days. The quotes are at my bosses house and I will go and retrieve them tomorrow. I know I have tested some of your patience but I will try and get them to you as quickly as I can. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me at 240-731-2810 or just PM me.

Beachcougar, when have you tried to contact me? Did you leave a voice message for me? I do not have any records of you calling me, I can fax phone records over if you'd like.

Eurobeat,
Jason
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/26/03 02:49 AM
Ok that is good to hear. So u will have the prices for us tomorrow. Thanks.
Posted By: BeachCougar Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/26/03 03:25 AM
Actually, what I quoted was the first post where I tried numerous times to contact you for the number of your shop and you did not answer me. If you would take the time and read the quote it says I tried to contact you via PM NOT TELEPHONE. It was only after I posted this that you gave the number to your "shop"/wharehouse. Get it right. I hope that you are legit and if so, once again, I apologize. It just should not take this long to get these people their alarms.

Jason
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/26/03 03:18 PM
Hey Beachcougar I am sorry if I did not answer your question adequately enough, I thought that indeed I did include a phone number in there. I am sorry to cause you any inconveinences.

On another note one of the reasons why it has been taking so long for the alarm order is because of the volume of business we have been recieving. Christmas time we recieved an unexpected amount of installs and have been trying to catch up. Since christmas we have done 13 navigational systems alone! My main focus now is to get you all taken care of and I will be on later today with prices for you all! Thank you again for being so patient.

Eurobeat,
Jason
Posted By: CarStereoExpert Re: Brrrr its getting Cold!!! - 02/26/03 09:42 PM
Ok guys I have left you a PM with instructions, so check them and please respond!

Thanks,
Eurobeat
Jason
© CEG Archives