Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Stazi Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/07/03 01:40 PM
Some of you may or may not know that I am able to get brake kits for the Contour, Cougar and Mystique in the OEM sizes at pretty good prices. These brakes are quality items and I only supply Autospecialty rotors and Bendix Titanium Pads.

Up until now the full replacement brake kit I have supplied to CEGer's, which consists of 2 new front rotors, 2 new rear rotors, and Bendix Titnium Pads all round would cost you $240 shipped (anywhere in the continental US) but if I can get 10 to pay up front I can drop the price down to $225 shipped (anywhere in the continental US).

But, if I can get 20 people to pay up front that will drop down to $215.

This deal is the same for any 4 wheel disc package including SVT and non-SVT Contours. (rear drum packages available on request)

These brake won't fade prematurely under heavy braking nor will they overheat and warp your rotors like some other "performance" pads, i.e. EBC and KVR (just ask some of the people that switched from those pads (including myself) after wasting $$$$ on expensive pads and rotors, only to have them warp in no time. Also these pads are really nice in that they make VERY little dust, unlike the OEM and performance pads.

Here is a graph showing their performance characterstics:

All I need to know up front is what year and model Contique you have. This is especially important with the SVT's due to the pad change from E0 to E1 SVT's.

Please post here if you want to get it on this GB and also send me a PM.

For testimonials and more info on the Bendix Titanium Pads please click on these links:

CEGer testimonial 1

Brake Info and more links to Bendix Titanium Reviews

Once I have 10 people buy-in I will wait another week to see if we can hit 20 people, and lower the cost further.

All parts will be shipped Fed Ex and everyone gets a tracking number.

Just ask around, I am a good person to deal with and you can see that if you search the forums and/or see my PayPal rating.

And yes, I accept PayPal and MO.

Note: If you wish to use PayPal you will incurr a $6 surcharge to cover the PayPal fees, my apologies, but PayPal nails me for having a business account.

x-drilled rotors ARE available for a premium, but IMHO are a waste of money. You're better off investing in a set of SS brake lines instead!
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/07/03 02:19 PM
These pads are great! I have them, and they dust very little. Pedal feel is great...and stopping power is very good. Survey says...2 thumbs up!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/07/03 05:04 PM
Any way just to get the pads? My rotors still have life, but my pads are gone.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/07/03 05:21 PM
Yes. Pads (front and rear) would be $90 shipped. But be 100% sure you aren't below the min thickness on the rotors (22mm on the fronts and 18mm on the rears)). To measure them it you should use a set of calipers.

Sometimes rotors "look" good, but they are actually to thin. That's what I saw on all the Contours I did brakes on.

The problem is that the factory pads are super aggresive on the rotors and wear them out real quick. Plus they have poor heat dissipation properties and fade very easily.
Posted By: Krafty_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/07/03 08:11 PM
How about a price for just rear rotors and pads?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/07/03 09:18 PM
$90 shipped for just the rear rotors and pads
Posted By: Titan_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/08/03 12:56 AM
Could you ship to Canada? (possibly using Purolator, heard bad things about FexEx and duties)
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/08/03 01:00 AM
Okay...what about front rotors and pads and a rear drum setup?
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/08/03 01:19 AM
what is your time limit for this gb??? i know u have the goods all the time, but im wondering how long will this price be available...i just need to the rear pads n rotors, but dont have the money to spare for them since im trying to save for the msds headers

so many group buys, so little time
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/08/03 05:47 AM
I'm in.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/08/03 07:45 AM
i think i've come to my senses after reading the info on the msds g/b...although i really wanted to get in on that 65 bucks isnt much savings when u consider the price of 600

i can get in on this maybe and still do some other more worthwhile things to my car
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/08/03 01:26 PM
Purolator? Isn't that a brand of oil filter?

I might be able to drive over to Windsor and send them from there.

Send me a PM and we can talk from there.
Posted By: SVT Amateur Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/08/03 03:04 PM
I want in on this too, but all the local brake shops around here won't install brakes that you supply yourself. I don't know if this is to curb lawsuits, or if they are just trying to rip me off. Anyone have any ideas on where to go to get these installed. I can't do it myself because I don't have the time or the tools necessary to do it.
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/08/03 03:06 PM
Find a fellow CEG'r in your area...ask him if you help and buy pizza and beer...would they help...
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/08/03 06:59 PM
The fronts are easy as piss to install, the rear ones are a little trickier with the Torx bolts they use to hold the caliper brackets on with.

If any on MI wants breaks installed, I can do it for you, but you are gonna have to pay more than pizza and beer for me to lay down on frozen ground for you.
Posted By: Titan_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/08/03 07:14 PM
I thought you had Purolator in the states??....guess not

Oh well, sounds like a good by anyway, even with the Canadian dollar in the toilet

Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/08/03 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Titan:
I thought you had Purolator in the states??....guess no

We Do!

Purolator is a FILTER company here & a very good one.

Air, Oil, Fuel, PCV, Breather, etc.

Pure oil now, Pure oil later = "Purolator"
Posted By: Titan_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/08/03 10:35 PM
http://www.purolator.com/usa_customer/index.html

jk,
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/09/03 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Titan:
I thought you had Purolator in the states??....guess not

Oh well, sounds like a good by anyway, even with the Canadian dollar in the toilet

actually purolater was bought out in the states by i believe dhl.....either way they have sh###y service....but i work for fedex,so i might be biased a little...but dhl does offer about the crappiest service out there(you get what you pay for)...i don't think it would cost you that much having it fedexed....shouldn't cost more than about $20-$30.....
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/09/03 09:06 PM
I'm in!
Posted By: GordonSo Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/09/03 11:58 PM
Count me in.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/10/03 04:34 AM
Well, this makes our previous PMs moot, I guess. I still haven't found out what size my rear drums are, but I'm going to jack up the car in a few days and find out.

I'm in. w00t!
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/10/03 08:57 AM
in for the rear rotors n pads..many things going on financially though so i will have to break up the pyment to u
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/10/03 11:54 AM
I have a 98 SVT, right now I only need rear pads, but I need them quick, what would they cost? What would new front and rear pads go for?

Are these titanium pads, I haven't been able to get them anywhere, even shops that carry Bendix Titanum do not have them listed.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/10/03 12:22 PM
they are teh bendix titaniuMetallic pads ...i remember that stazi has sworn by them for at least a few months now...i was cleaning on 'favorite places' on aol and came across a testimonial from v8sho.com from someone who had installed them...liked them very much...

when i first saw the g/b announced i did a search and found many more links to positive testimonials on the web

that is objective enough for me...i want a set

as a side question from myself...iknow going to the svt larger rotors up front can make a good difference in braking but i wonder how much that same swap to the rear of the car would do...i have rotors and pads that i paid a grip for on the front and they do pretty well even with a few quirks and for what i paid im gonna get muchmore use outta them or bust

would going to larger svt rotors on the rear and staying stock size up front make a noticable difference??? anyone???
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/10/03 01:53 PM
Big thumbs up here. They have been on the for over 7 months and have seen many AutoX's and track time at SZ and they still are the best brakes I've used. Had high dollar pads and ok rotors previously and they warped big time. Scary to use the brakes in the rain as well. I liked these pads so much I threw them on the SHO I purchased. Braking improved so much I wouldn't drive w/o them. They dust a little but we clean our cars so much who cares. They still don't dust anything like OEM.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/10/03 02:35 PM
The pads for the Rear run $40, and cost $5 to ship.

Front and rear pads, like I said before, are $90, plus $10 to ship.

For those wanting only part components, I cannot offer the full discounted price, that only goes for the full kits, as that is how I am able to get the deal from the distributor.

The rear pads are the high level Bendix's too, but are not the Titamiums. All the same, they brake better than stock. And to tell you the truth, the rear brake bias on these cars is so weak, that having high performance pads for the back is a waste of cash, asd there is very little braking coming from back there anyway. You have to remeber that the Contour has a weight split of 62/38, which is why most the braking effort comes from the front (that's where the majority of the weight is). If you are DEAD SET on having high performance pads on the rear, I can get you some for $10 more, but like I said, you would be hard pressed to notice the difference between the two pads back there. It's the feeling from up front that is the true teller of the story.

You can see that people who have these brakes on there SHO's and Contours, swear by them.

Also, I was able to get pricing on remanufactured Rear Calipers. They are $55 each, whith a $60 core charge up front, which is refundable after I receive your old calipers.

Front Remanufactured calipers run $65, also with a $60 core charge. (Caliper brackets ARE NOT INCLUDED, so you can upgrade to SVT brakes this way, you need brackets to upsize you rotors, and in any case the 99-2000 SVT's share the same calipers with the 1995-1998 Contours)

For those with rear drum brakes. The rear shoes are $40, but you have to tell me what size drums you have, 8" or 9", if you have a V6, I am guessing 9" drums, but please check this before hand. And it's $5 to ship those.

Hope I have answered everyone's questions
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/10/03 03:36 PM
the rear rotors and pads are 98 correct? how much for the front set, i believe that the rear ones are fine b/c they were replaced not to long ago, but the front ones have a groove like the grand canyon running through it.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/10/03 03:40 PM
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
the rear rotors and pads are 98 correct? how much for the front set, i believe that the rear ones are fine b/c they were replaced not to long ago, but the front ones have a groove like the grand canyon running through it.

Front Rotors and pads are $140 shipped.
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/10/03 03:40 PM
grassyass
Posted By: GordonSo Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/10/03 04:15 PM
I would spend the extra $10 for high performance rear pads. Are the high performance rear pads Bendix Titaniums? Not sure if Bendix makes Titaniums for the rear of the Contour.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/10/03 04:55 PM
No they are not. They are another brand called Silver something.

Your money, your choice. I still think it's not req'd on a stock brake setup.

Now if you had a big brake conversion all round, then yes, performance pads on the rear would be my choice. But not on the stock setup.

Bendix don't make Titanium's for the rear, for the reasons I stated earlier. Makes you think, huh?
Posted By: SVTFern_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/10/03 06:54 PM
Hey Titan, if you would like it to be delivered by Purolator in Canada just get Stazi to ship it via Airborne Express from the states. They are Purolator's US partner for non consolidation (big volume) shippers. Hey I should know I am a Quality Manager for the main Purolator Hub in Toronto.
Email me at svtcontour@rogers.com for any details.

Fern
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/13/03 05:42 PM
So far on the group buy we have the following people interested:
MotorCity - Picking up tonight
rocksvt - unpaid
DemonSVT - unpaid
zgendron - unpaid
Titan - unpaid
gdub520 - unpaid
gas199 - unpaid
GondonSo - unpaid
cliffjohnson - unpaid

With 9 people we can go ahead with it. So if you haven't sent money already, now is the time.

For people who are going to send MO's or PayPal.

Please PM me with a finized description of what you need, be it rotors, pads, front rear, year and model of Contique, and for those of you that want calipers, let me know.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from each of you soon.

It's not too late to get in on this if yu are reading it now, if we hit twenty people the price goes down again.

Posted By: GordonSo Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/13/03 08:40 PM
So with only 9 people, does the discount go into effect?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/13/03 09:11 PM
We have 10 now, so yes we are good to go.

driver PM'ed me and is in.

Gordon, if you want the performance rear pads let me know.

If each of the buyers could PM me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/14/03 12:57 PM
Replaced a set of rotors and pads last night on MotorCity's SE ATX...what a pain in the butt that was. They were the original brakes on the car and had 40,000 miles on them, so they were worn RIGHT DOWN. They were so bad, that they had rusted right onto the hub and it took me about 1 hour of pounding with a mallet and half a can of PB Blaster to get them off.
Don't leave you brakes on that long people...you WILL regret it.

I almost lost it...
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/14/03 01:16 PM
I think the vulgar language convinced the rotors to come off.

Thanks again Stazi. You are the man. I would probably have had to call in a mechanic to my house to try to get those damn rotors off if I did it myself. That was incredible.

You should grab a pic of the one that fractured into two pieces and still did not come off!

BTW, my early review of these brakes is that they are great. Nice firm and controlled stopping power. I highly recommend them to my fellow CEGers.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/14/03 03:28 PM
Update............

MotorCity - PAID
rocksvt - unpaid
DemonSVT - unpaid
zgendron - unpaid
Titan - unpaid
gdub520 - unpaid
gas199 - PAID
GondonSo - unpaid
cliffjohnson - unpaid
Driver - unpaid

I will NOT be waiting to ship people...once you have paid I will ship out next day.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/14/03 03:31 PM
hey staz.... i might be interested once i see them... Damn, i need to slow down on the mods....
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB *DELETED* - 01/14/03 03:31 PM
Post deleted by MarkusSVT
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/14/03 03:32 PM
hey markus.. why don't you post the same post 3 times.. I don't think we got it...
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/14/03 03:33 PM
I'll have a set of SVT pads and rotors tonight (for gas199) you can look at. There's nothing really to them, no bling-bling, just effective, reliable components!
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/14/03 03:33 PM
whoops... computer froze... having epileptic seizure ahhhhhhh!!!
Posted By: YOUNEEQSVT_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/14/03 07:25 PM
Stazi, I just e-mailed you. I'm in for all but the rear rotors.

-Bill
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/14/03 07:58 PM
OK Bill, you and SPVGT from Quebec are also in.

Shipping from me to Quebec is $40 on top of the listed price I posted earlier for those Canadians considering this GB.

I can confirm Canadian shipping prices if I have your postal code.

I will state the value of the goods low so you don't get raped by customs.
Posted By: Art Hazebrook_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/16/03 12:09 AM
I'm in! Check your PM's...
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/16/03 02:51 PM
Gentlemen, did we fall off the face of the planet?

I am awaiting payments, in one form or the other.

If you are sending PayPal let me know. If you are sending MO's with snail-mail, let me know also.....

Let's see some "doer's", rather than "gonna's".

I've had a bunch of people email and PM me telling me that they're in, but only a handful of people have ponied up to paying.....

Thanks in advance,
Posted By: Art Hazebrook_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/16/03 03:12 PM
You've got mail/$$$
Thanks again, Art
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/16/03 03:14 PM
No Art, thank you! Check your email. I wanted confirmation on what kind of pads you have on your 99 SVT, the thin (like 2000 SVT's) or the thick (like the E0 SVT's)
Posted By: Art Hazebrook_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/16/03 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
No Art, thank you! Check your email. I wanted confirmation on what kind of pads you have on your 99 SVT, the thin (like 2000 SVT's) or the thick (like the E0 SVT's)

Won't be able to check till tonight...car pooled into work today...is there any way of determining the difference w/o physically checking?

Art
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/16/03 03:24 PM
Not really. There was no rhyme or reason to the way Ford put brakes on the 99's. I did one last night that was built in early may and it had E1 (or the older style) pads. But some late 99's have been found to have E0 pads!

Print out the BAT Inc page showing the pads profiles and compare it to the ones on your car. You can tell from the bottom edge of the pad backing plates The E0's have a pad that is more "V" shaped, whereas the E1's have a pad that is "flatter" along the bottom edge.
Posted By: F111D F_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/17/03 04:38 AM
Change my 1/2 to 3/4 Stazi, check your PM
Paul
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/23/03 08:26 PM
Posted By: gSto Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/25/03 06:28 AM
Shyt is this still going on? I have a 1995 Ford Contour GL...i dont know if (a) i just need new pads or (b) need rotors and pads... how do i know if i have drums or not?

im not very auto-inclined when it comes to the technical shyt
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/25/03 07:45 AM
Damn!!!

Sorry.

Thought I already paid. (damn memory )

I'm paid up now.
Posted By: tomtoursvt Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/25/03 08:17 PM
Is there still time to get in on this deal?
If so I have a 98 Contour SVT and would like the complete kit.
Check your PM.
Thanks!
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/27/03 12:18 PM
Yes the GB is still on.

It's pretty easy to tell if you have drums or not....

Look at your back wheels, whe you see through them, do you see shiny discs or just a black "drum" looking object behind them?

I am pretty sure that all 2.5L drum equipped cars use 9" shoes too.

PM me if you are interested in buying. Thanks..
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/28/03 03:37 PM
GB is still going people. We are 8 paid orders shy of the 20 mark.

I am still accepting orders, so send me a PM if you are interested.
Posted By: gSto Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/28/03 04:30 PM
Ok i looked through my 14" steelies and i saw a disc, im guessing those are the rotors, not drums...it's TOOOOOOOOOO cold to take off the tire...i already tried cleaning my calipers and gave up halfway jacking up the car
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/28/03 04:59 PM
Well if you want. Get in on the GB now and have your brakes ready and waiting when it thaws out.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/28/03 06:35 PM
there goes staz... the master salesman...
Posted By: FLuiDSVT_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/29/03 09:42 PM
My RF EBC pad decided to shed itself from the backing plate today..Ahhh!!!

Stazi - You have a PM!!
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/30/03 01:04 PM
Same thing happened on one of my EBC pads, although it didn't come completely off, a few more miles on it and it would've!
Posted By: FLuiDSVT_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/30/03 05:30 PM
Yep...I remember that. I have hated every minute of these pads. I got 30K out of them before they crubmled like brittle dry bread! Greenstuff is definitely a compound designed for a lighter vehicle. I loved them on my Gixxer!!!

Thx again Stazi!
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/30/03 06:23 PM
Sent ya a PM,
Posted By: F111D F_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/31/03 07:44 PM
It's me,OLE FART,worry wart. Will you PM me when you ship my stuff?
Tnx
Paul
F111D/F
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/31/03 07:45 PM
Yeah I will. I finally got all your stuff today I don't forget Old or new farts! hehehehe
Posted By: 98SVT_LEO Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/31/03 08:55 PM
Hey I sent you a PM and count me in...brakes are long overdue!! Thanks ,
Jon
Posted By: 98SVT_LEO Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/31/03 08:57 PM
Hey, almost forgot my friend has a 90 Mustang GT and needs brakes too. Can you price him a deal too? Just send me a PM.
-Jon
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/31/03 08:59 PM
No problem. I'll send you a PM about the Mustang brakes.

Does he want new drums and shoes for the rear too?
Posted By: 98SVT_LEO Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 01/31/03 09:32 PM
Yes new rotors all the way (he has upgraded brakes he is a steeda clone......it WAS very nice when he bought it!!!) no drums in the rear. thanks
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/03/03 01:03 PM
Well you'd have to tell me what those rear rotors are.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/04/03 02:26 AM
i still consider myself in this buy eventhough i haven't said anything lately...finances are shiz right now and im trying to pay for things in order that i said i was in....

i did some local checking around and while i can find good pads i cant find rotors that i'd want to put on my car...your deal is the best i can come up with for rear rotors/pads combo

hopefully i can start gettin $$$ to u towards the end of the month
Posted By: 1HOTWHIP_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/04/03 02:57 AM
How much longer is this available? I'm very interested in getting a set. Thanks.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/04/03 09:57 AM
im prolly wrong but i think the buy is open til 20 paid orders are in...or the yr 2005 whichever comes first

anyone in beyond 20 is a 'more the merrier' case...im prolly dead wrong though
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/04/03 01:34 PM
The prices I quoted will be good until mid-Feb, then they jump back up $15.

We have about 12 paid people so far and unless we hit 20 by the 15 of Feb the price will stay at $225 ($231 PayPal).

NOTE: The is an extra fee for shipping to the southern and western states as the shipping cost almost doubles for those states. If you provide me with your ZIP through a Private Message I can give you a firm price.

Thanks guys and gals......
Posted By: F111D F_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/05/03 02:51 AM
Rcv'd today Stazi, appreciate your offer, time and efforts.
Tnx and now to get them all installed properly. Warmer weather
got to get the rotors cold galvinized Rust-Oleum's Since you guys have found these rotors/along with these pads less prone to warping. Want to keep rust to a minimum.

1.7785 Galvanizing compound (used as a primer on new steel)---I even spayed this on rusty exhaust pipes, but as soon as the salt/miosture gets on the pipes, the galvanic action/corrosion starts and the zinc in the coating becomes the sacrificial element and you have to re-coat in the spring. It's all about slowing down the process, we can't stop it.
2.7584 Cold galvanizing compound very heavy zinc. For those who live in non salted roads you could stop here, if you want the silver look. It's easily touched up.
3. 7716 Heat resistant silver for the Top coat.
Care taken to minimize paint on the wear area.

This Ole Fart hates winter salt Hi Hi
Take Care
Paul
Posted By: Sancho23 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/05/03 06:22 PM
I'm in. Check your PMs, Stazi.
Thanks!
Posted By: YOUNEEQSVT_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/07/03 11:00 PM
Yep, that was mine I think. Right, Stazi? Did an excellent job and the pads/rotors work great. I'm happy. Now I just need those SS lines...

Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Not really. There was no rhyme or reason to the way Ford put brakes on the 99's. I did one last night that was built in early may and it had E1 (or the older style) pads. But some late 99's have been found to have E0 pads!

Print out the BAT Inc page showing the pads profiles and compare it to the ones on your car. You can tell from the bottom edge of the pad backing plates The E0's have a pad that is more "V" shaped, whereas the E1's have a pad that is "flatter" along the bottom edge.

Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/08/03 05:05 AM
Can I still get in? I need front rotors and pads. I'm running E0 equipment.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/10/03 12:09 PM
Nevermind...please disregard my last post. I just found out my pads are lifetime warranty! I'll just dig up some rotors locally.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/13/03 08:22 PM
For people who are still waiting for brakes from me. It shouldn't be much longer. We ran out of front pads and had to order more in. They will be here Friday the 14th and so I will ship them out next week.

Thanks for you patience and keep the orders coming.
Posted By: miller542 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/14/03 03:27 AM
Ok, I'm in, check your PM's
Posted By: Lehinger Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/14/03 12:52 PM
I'm in... Stazi - please see your PM.
THX!
Lee Ehinger
Posted By: Stazi Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 02/20/03 06:34 PM
Guys the GB is essentially over, but I will honour everyone else with the $225 price plus shipping (no more than $15 to anywhere the continental US).

Those that have ordered already are locked into their price, so don't worry.

I had to end the initial GB as we never hit 20 people so I can't hold out for ever.

All the same, compare my price to others out there and you will see you are getting a GREAT deal on very good brakes!
Posted By: mamisano_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 03/01/03 02:36 PM
You have PM
Posted By: rollingstash_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 03/26/03 01:57 AM
and another.
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 04/21/03 11:09 PM
Stazi,

I know I'm beyond late but I need a set of Bendix Titanium fronts..Sent you a PM. PM me some info I'll Paypal or send the check, just let me know what it would cost for a set delivered to zip 01541.

What ever you can do is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 04/21/03 11:18 PM
just thought I'd throw a few props in for Stazi here since I've got the stuff he is selling on my car . . .

This is a great deal, the pads are good street pads, decent bite, low dust, good all around pads. Rotors are of good quality, though, for those concerned about appearance, you may want to hit the hat section w/ some paint, as they don't have any additional corrosion protection.

Bottom line is its good street stuff at a good price.
Posted By: Titan_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 04/22/03 01:27 AM
I just installed my set this weekend...(which were delivered over a month ago!). The pads bite real nice and the rotors look like real good. Here's the kicker...when I was taking off the old set I noticed the pads were not all touching the rotor surface. After removal of the rotor and measuring they were about 10, 1/4 inches wide!! not the "SVT" 11.0 inches...as per factory spec. My guess was that this is the size for normal (non-SVT) Contours???? Maybe the guys at the factory were in a hurry when building my car (given the build date!!)

So...My car brakes a lot better now...new pads/rotors and proper size!

Thanks a bunch Stazi, for such a great set-up. Too bad more people didn't get in on this GB...oh well...there loss.
Posted By: tomtoursvt Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 04/22/03 05:47 AM
I just installed my brake kit this weekend also and they grip really well. Before I had to clean my wheels twice a week. Now I haven't seen a sign of break dust on my wheels.
Thanks Stazi!
Posted By: Tractoracer Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 04/28/03 10:15 PM
I realize the GB is over, so I'm back to the basic prices. How much for just the front pads?

Thanks.
Posted By: Art Hazebrook_dup1 Re: Brake Kits OEM sizes - GB - 04/29/03 02:27 PM
Originally posted by tomtoursvt:
I just installed my brake kit this weekend also and they grip really well. Before I had to clean my wheels twice a week. Now I haven't seen a sign of break dust on my wheels.
Thanks Stazi!

DITTO!!
Thanks again Stazi!!
© CEG Archives