Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: MarkusSVT BM short shifters - 12/26/02 06:07 PM
Hope everyone had a great christmas, making lots of holiday pay, and overtime money.....I have contacted a supplier, which would be willing to give us a deal on short throw shifters.... The price that we are looking at would be 150-155, which would go down depending on how many guys want in. I am also working with him to include the shipping in the price, i will find out the definates by earlier next week. All who are interested, please let me know, so that i can get that price even lower.

Markussvt
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 12/26/02 06:55 PM
great man, i was just gonna pick one of these up! let us know what is up...
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: BM short shifters - 12/27/02 12:06 AM
I'm interested for sure!!
Posted By: svttour2002 Re: BM short shifters - 12/27/02 05:12 AM
I'm interested if you get the buy and if I get the shifter before the middle of February or if it will come around July. Cause I will be out of town for that time period.
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 12/27/02 02:03 PM
i am interested no doubt, keep everyone updated.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: BM short shifters - 12/27/02 07:11 PM
That price is pretty high. You can get an OBX on ebay for about $69. That price is high even for a B&M. Any focus short shifter will fit without modification except the Steeda which is still cheaper than that.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 12/27/02 09:28 PM
i have an idea then...... look around the internet, find a better price, notify me, and i will set that up..... In regards to the OBX, that isnt what the group buy is for, if you want to start a different GB for those go ahead, but i still want a b&m..... Lastly, if you can find a B&M for 145-150, including shipping, tell me where it is, i would like to know....
Posted By: IonNinja Re: BM short shifters - 12/27/02 09:40 PM
is there ever gonna be short shifters made for pre98s??
Posted By: 2.3Turbochicken Re: BM short shifters - 12/27/02 10:37 PM
if you goto airknights homepage(he can be most commonly found in the 3L forum I believe) he has a write up on his webpage about one for the pre 98
hope i helped
Posted By: whitegt Re: BM short shifters - 12/28/02 04:21 AM
Im in, keep me informed.
Posted By: SVT_CT Re: BM short shifters - 12/30/02 12:52 AM
Does anyone know if you can keep the stock shifter knob and boot with the B&M kit?
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 12/30/02 01:05 AM
Originally posted by SVT_CT:
Does anyone know if you can keep the stock shifter knob and boot with the B&M kit?

you definitely keep the stock boot,and most likely the stock knob will also work...
Posted By: 5speed3.0SE�® Re: BM short shifters - 12/30/02 01:24 AM
i have the B&M short shifter. got mine for 160 delivered. i was disappointed to find that the shifter is not a true short throw but only a shorter stick; however it is indeed a slick shifter and dramatically improves the feel of the shifts. the stock knob does fit on the B&M and the boot is secured with a zip tie just like the stock shifter. i would recommend the B&M for an upgrade but next time im gettin a steeda which is lengthened past the pivot point makin it a true short throw. i wish u luck in gettin this GB goin and i hope it succeeds.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 12/30/02 03:40 AM
Originally posted by 5speedSE170HP:
i have the B&M short shifter. got mine for 160 delivered. i was disappointed to find that the shifter is not a true short throw but only a shorter stick; however it is indeed a slick shifter and dramatically improves the feel of the shifts. the stock knob does fit on the B&M and the boot is secured with a zip tie just like the stock shifter. i would recommend the B&M for an upgrade but next time im gettin a steeda which is lengthened past the pivot point makin it a true short throw. i wish u luck in gettin this GB goin and i hope it succeeds.

the steeda is awesome...but it does require a riser plate for clearance underneath....but it is totally worth the extra effort it takes to install it...i haven't tried the b+m,so i can't really say which is better...but i do love the steeda....but as for the b+m,i'd get the obx over it,since it is basically identical for half the price...but good luck getting a good deal for this group buy...
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/02/03 02:16 PM
just to let everyone know... this GB is still going... I am just waiting for my contact to get back from Vacation on monday. I will have final pricing breakdown then, and will begin taking orders...Thank you and hope everyone had a great New Years, i know i did!!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 01/04/03 03:57 AM

I've driven a contour with a B&M and it def. gives it shorter throws....
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: BM short shifters - 01/04/03 06:50 AM
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
just to let everyone know... this GB is still going... I am just waiting for my contact to get back from Vacation on monday. I will have final pricing breakdown then, and will begin taking orders...Thank you and hope everyone had a great New Years, i know i did!!

Still interested!!!
Posted By: 5speed3.0SE�® Re: BM short shifters - 01/04/03 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Contouring:

I've driven a contour with a B&M and it def. gives it shorter throws....

the only thing short on the B&M is the handle. it may feel shorter, but the throw itself is no shorter. the throw can only be shortened if the part of the shifter between the pivot point and the end where it connects to the shifter cable is extended. on the B&M it is not extended. NEXT....
Posted By: DeepDishSVT_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/05/03 02:18 AM
one of my favorite mods. gives the car a sporty feel. I bought mine from optauto.com for $155.
Posted By: TheRock249 Re: BM short shifters - 01/05/03 06:41 AM
im definitely interested, but dont have the cash now. Keep me posted on when to have the money by, and ill see what i can scrounge up from underneath the sofa
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/06/03 04:00 AM
correct. the b&m may give u a shorter throw due to shorter stick, but doesn't give a quicker shift as the steeda would.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/06/03 08:18 PM
Alright fellas, after contacting a few different suppliers, i have found one that will give us the B&m for 140.00!!!!! there is one thing about this though, we have to get 15.... I have all of the confidence in the world that we will be able to pull this off, so lets start it off now. I will be the first purchaser, gotta get a late christmas gift.....
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/06/03 08:19 PM
any questions please PM me!!!!
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/06/03 08:34 PM
Included so far (7 out of 15):
Markussvt
Quicksilver
thinkmoto
svttour2002
cliffjohnson
whitelx
albaniansteve

we need 8 more fellas
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/07/03 01:32 PM
still waiting on a few more buyers..... I am not sure how long this guy is going to give me this deal for Credit card time folks.... i can take paypal....
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 01/08/03 06:35 PM
I'm in! But what about shipping? Is that included?
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/09/03 11:53 PM
sorry bout the wait on a reply. As of right now,the total count for the GB is 9 or 10, depending on whether or not i get 2.... The shipping is not included in the 140.00 price, and the guy said that i could get a quote when i get the final number. What i will probubly do is get a GB code, and then have each of you contact him to make the purchase, that would probubly be the best way so that everyone gets their parts. One thing that we need to make sure of is that everyone who says their in pays.. so that we can maybe go back to these people in the future, he seemed pretty eager to sell a lot of stuff. So, i will give this one more push, till monday, so that hopefully we can get the 15 that i quoted him for, if not, we might have to pay a little bit more since we are purchasing a smaller amount.

If anyone has any more questions, please PM me, and i will try to answer them. Other than that, thank for your participation!!!

Markussvt
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/10/03 05:15 AM
Hey, just wondering what all options I have on how I could pay for this... Im not too big on paypal so I was wondering if a mailed check would be ok? Well let me know... Thanks
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/10/03 06:00 AM
mailed checks are fine, but i will have to wait for them to clear, just to let you know.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/10/03 06:03 AM
So here is where we stand as of now......

Included so far (9 out of 15):
Markussvt
Quicksilver
thinkmoto
svttour2002
cliffjohnson
whitelx
albaniansteve
Contouring
y2ksvt

6 more fellas, and we got a successful GB. You can pay either paypal, money order, or personal check, whatevers clever.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/10/03 06:52 PM
Hey I wasn't sure if I was in, but Ive been wanting the shifter for a while now so count me in... Give me the address I need to send the check to and I'll get it out tomorrow... Thanks again... Mark
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/10/03 07:17 PM
i do have you included, which brings us to 9..... i also am looking for deals on OBX shifters, which, from what Stazi tells me, are the exact same thing as the BM's, but for a third of the price. I will keep everyone posted though.
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/10/03 11:09 PM
Markus, did you get my PM?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/11/03 08:27 PM
Ok I didnt really get my question answered the first time I asked... Where do I send my check? I cant send it until monday now. Let me know where Im sending it and I can get it out. Thanks

Mark
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/11/03 08:39 PM
you will be sending your check to:

Markus Sheldon
612 plainfield
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127

i figure that shipping will be 10 bucks, so if you want to send 150 that should cover it. I am going to contact my guy on monday to get the final prices.... Also, i am still waiting for the people from OBX to call back, if they call and give me a deal, then i say we just go with those, since they are the same product, just different names. Either way i will give final pricing on monday. Thanks to everyone with being patient....

--Markussvt--
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/11/03 09:06 PM
Ok Thanks... I'll just wait til tuesday to send out the check then... So if we go with the OBX shifter, is it going to be any cheaper? Well let me know either way, or I'll wait for the final listing on monday... Thanks again

Mark
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 01/13/03 10:27 PM
Broken OBX shifter!? Anybody else watching this?
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/13/03 11:58 PM
Just a side note on that post.... The guy bought an OBX for At most $100.... but yet, he paid 150.00 to get it fixed ???? i think that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard, second, WARRANTY ..... Anyways, i would just like to let everyone know that i got in contact with OBX, and they are willing to sell us the Shifter for 78.00 shipped anywhere.... I can also opt for a single shipping charge to me of $30 dollars, but then i would have to ship them out seperately myself.... Also, just to let everyone know, if we would rather go through B&M for theirs, the same price still stands, not including shipping. But honestly, i would rather save some money for the same thing. Anyone who is still interested, please respond to this post, i am starting a new list to make sure everyone is accounted for. Thanks to everyone for being patient.

Markussvt
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 12:00 AM
Looking for the short throw.. I am in redford.. I am not following this post however.. any recap?
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 12:06 AM
Put me down for the OBX...Cheaper is better when they are the same thing
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 12:09 AM
whats up Kev, you can get an OBX short throw for 78 shipped, or a BM for 140, not including shipping.... From my own research, these two items are the same thing, just one has a better name. Also, since you are about 3 minutes from me, i will have yours shipped to me, so it most likely will be a little bit less. Please reply as soon as possible so i can get the order going, if you would rather just meet up with me to make payment, that is fine as well. Just let me know.... Thanks for the interest!!

Markussvt
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 12:14 AM
I know I will get one.. I mean I can just pay you cash in person to makes things easier.. I have to do some of my own research.. what do you know about them? and installation?
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 12:21 AM
installation is the same as the B&M, but i will be installing mine when i recieve it, and if you want we can tackle this together. I am going to get my aussie grills installed tomorrow, so i will be talking his head off about how he installed his OBX shifter. I will be posting in the next day, how it is installed, depending on responses that i get on the price.....But, giving me cash in person is just as easy, and quick, so just let me know when you want to meet up...
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 12:27 AM
works for me.. I was wondering about the boot more than anything... when works for you.. I have classes everyday until only 2
Posted By: myscreename93 Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 12:56 AM
i think i got shafted on mine, i bought my B&M for like $215, i wish this woulda came out when i was lookin at buying one, its a good shifter though, only complaint is that its cold in the winter.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 12:59 AM
sorry to hear that man... you did get bent over....
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 03:09 AM
Ok so I send you $78.00 even and that will cover shipping? Let me know and I will send out the check ASAP... Im down with the OBX... Im not sure about the guy that said his shifter broke but if they are the same then it will do me no good getting the B&M... I mean when I shift, I try ripping the shifter out of the console everytime and sometimes I swear its going to, but for $78.00 I'll buy a new one... Well let me know exactly how much you need and I'll get my check over to ya... Thanks

Mark
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 05:26 AM
1 78.00 check pays for everything... just send as soon as you can, so we can get these hopefully by mid next week!! I am going to maybe end up fronting money for the rest, and pay for 4 or 5 to get this finished, and worryt about getting rid of the rest later...... I know this mighht make me lose cash in the long run, but i want this to go through. Worse comes to worse, i can sell them off, as people want them.... for a little more...lol...
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 05:40 AM
Ok.......so far:

Kevdogg, 1, paid 80.00
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 06:00 AM
here is the picture folks.... i will have more tomorrow, after i take some of Stazis.....

OBX shifter
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/14/03 03:37 PM
Update.....

Kevdogg - 1 - paid
Markussvt - ? - whateva, i do what i wawnt
svttour2002 - 1 - sending payment as soon as poss.
Contouring - 1?
Quicksilver - 1?
Whitelx - 1 - sending payment
Thinkmoto - 1 - sending payment

I hope i dont end up buying 4 of these....
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: BM short shifters - 01/15/03 12:32 AM
Payment sent today!!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/15/03 02:48 AM
Hey its me, the guy not on your list again, lol... well Im sending my $78 to ya tomorrow 1/15 so you will be gettin that ASAP also... So hopefully we can get these soon, I cant wait... Thanks

Mark
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 01/15/03 03:38 AM
Ok one question? Has anybody compared this with the BM?
And I'll give u cash and pic it up from your place Markus! (if thats cool of course)
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: BM short shifters - 01/15/03 04:00 AM
From what I here it is the same.. ask stazi though... he would be the one that would know...
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/15/03 05:28 AM
good news everyone!!!! i will be posting pics of stazis OBX tomorrow morning, also, i will be whoring off my new aussie grills, which are freakin sweet. All will be located on my pbase site, i will give the link in the morning.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/15/03 05:32 AM
BTW

Update.....

Kevdogg - 1 - paid 1/13, met me at a skanky pool hall
Contouring - 1 - Meeting up for payment
Quicksilver - 1 - still waiting for confirmation of payment
Y2KSVT - 1 - sending payment 1/15
That would be great if we could get three more buyers!!!
Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/15/03 09:29 AM
Can I get in? Is the address above still good? PM me with info and the check will be in the mail.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/15/03 05:17 PM
OBX SHORT SHIFTER PICS

Enjoy fellas.... it looks tight as hell!!!!
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/15/03 07:19 PM
Update.....

Contouring - 1 - Meeting up for payment
arcticsvt - 1 - sending payment 1/15
MCgainer - 1 - sending payment 1/15

THAT is Ten!!!!!! i will send payement to my contact as soon as these payments are in!!!! anyone else want in please contact me so i can get you included for this price...GB will close friday for mailed payments, and monday morning for paypal payments....
Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/15/03 10:50 PM
In the mail!! Should be three days to get there.
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 01:01 AM
Hey I want in on the OBX. I can pay through paypal. email me the info and I will do it tonight.

jwilker@columbus.rr.com

Thanks,
Josh
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 01:08 AM
I just sent a request to you, thanks man
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 01:25 AM
Update.....

Markussvt - 2 - whateva, i do what i wawnt
Contouring - 1 - Meeting up for payment 1/16
arcticsvt - 1 - sent payment 1/15
68general98contour - 1 - paid
Cliffjohnson - 1 - maybe

THAT is Twelve (13 if i get 2)!!!!!!
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 01:49 AM
Is this buy ending on friday indefinitely now?
If so how long do you think it will take for me to get mine
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 01:57 AM
yeah it is definately going to happen, we just need for all the payments to get in before i can make my order...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 02:28 AM
Hey Markus, got my payment in the mail a little after 4:00 today so I hope it went out in today's mail... If not it will go out tomorrow... Im in Northeast Indiana in Fort Wayne so it should take no time to get to ya.. Thanks

Mark
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 02:55 AM
i'm in, can someone point me where to go for the PayPal?
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 03:09 AM
I was looking at stazi's short throw.. is there anyway to get a smaller boot so it doesn't bunch up like that?
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 03:39 AM
i would think that with the boot, you could go to Spmotorsports, and get on of those, also, TheStripedSVT, had one special made for him, so contact him to see what the possibilities are.....
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 04:28 AM
Markus, it's on the way, i'm in
Posted By: skeeter99_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 05:27 AM
Questions Questions
I'm up in Canada. Would you ship up here? I would also have to get a US$ money order to send you if I purchased. Any extra to ship to Canada? Let me know what the total would be for us Canadians eh! I could hop aboard if you will ship up here and will accept a money order.
Cheers
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 06:32 AM
i am guessing that it will be a few extra dollars for shipping, and there might be some customs charges, i am not quite sure... I will check with the company, and get back with you... Oh, by the way....

People we have a small issue, there are a couple buyers that cannot make the deadline of this friday, they need till next friday, i would like to lengthen this till then, but i also want my parts!!! so could everyone give me an idea if they would be willing to wait for an extra weekn to get these parts, i would if it meant everyone gets what they want, especially due to the fact that we want everyone who wants this deal, to get this deal!!! So everyone, please let me know, because i have to make a decision asap....

Thanks for understanding, and your continued partcipation!!

Markussvt
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 06:36 AM
Update.....

Markussvt - 1 - whateva, i do what i wawnt
Contouring - 1 - Meeting up for payment 1/16
Quicksilver - 1 - Needs two weeks, i might front him money
Whitelx - 1 - sending payment by next friday
68general98contour - 1 - paid - paypal
Cliffjohnson - 1 - paid - paypal c.c.
Skeeter99 - 1 - waiting for shippin costs to canada

THAT is Thirteen!!!!
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 03:17 PM
Markus...mailed yesterday!
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/16/03 03:28 PM

so could everyone give me an idea if they would be willing to wait for an extra weekn to get these parts,

that's cool, i can wait
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/17/03 12:27 AM
Markus:

I'll send in that $78 on Monday! Thanks for the wait man!
Posted By: skeeter99_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/17/03 05:20 AM
Thanks,
Customs Charges are what I'm worried about. UPS hosed me for BS brokerage fees when I ordered the floormats last year. Are you shipping or the supplier?

I think if we can ship it through USPS rather than a courier, I can avoid extra charges. I will pay taxes when it comes across unless they ship it without a value.
Cheers
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/17/03 06:18 AM
I can wait another week... Got the check in the mail a little after 4:00 on 1/15 so probably didnt go out til 1/16... Thanks again

Mark
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/17/03 06:18 AM
ok, the supplier is sending parts, so we will probubly be going through the USPS......
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 01/17/03 01:53 PM
I Guess I can wait a week. So what sort of timeline are looking at?

Thanks,
Josh
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/17/03 04:25 PM
we no longer have to wait a week.... now we have to just wait till the payments through the mail to get to me, and then deposited..... i will complete order by tuesday, so we can have these hopefully by the weekend!!!!! By the way... tony, i recieved your payment in the mail yestarday, thanks....

Markussvt
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 01/17/03 07:53 PM
Great!!! Hope I get it by next weekend. Give me something to do.

Thanks,
Josh
Posted By: skeeter99_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/17/03 08:20 PM
Sorry to be a PITA but did you find out if they will ship to Canada? By what carrier etc? I just don't want to have the price "doubled" by charges at the border.
Thanks
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/18/03 06:46 PM
Originally posted by skeeter99:
Sorry to be a PITA but did you find out if they will ship to Canada? By what carrier etc? I just don't want to have the price "doubled" by charges at the border.
Thanks

move to the U.S. you know anyone here that you can have it shipped to their house and just pick it up from there?
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: BM short shifters - 01/20/03 01:08 AM
Cool...That's good to hear. Keep us upto date on the shifters!! Thanks for the GB
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/20/03 01:27 AM
i recieved 2 more payments but i do not know who they are from!!!!! could everyone PM me with their shipping info, i will need to know anyways, so i might as well as now.... thanks everyone... Also, i will need to wait till tomorrow morning to figure out how much extra shipping to canada will be, so dont worry, i will get the prices no prob.... What i might end up needing to do though, is have them sent to me, and then in turn send them to you guys.... If this is kosher, then send me the 78, and we will go from there, the shipping time will more than likely be the same, and i can quote you for just the shipping price, to make sure that the company isnt dicking around with you guys...... Also, i am not quite sure, but Arcticsvt, are you from alaska???? what the Hell are you doing in alaska????? enough with the joking though... their shipping prices might only be for the Lower 48 states, so once again, you might need to pay a little extra.... send me your adress, and i will let you know...

Once again, everyone, sorry about the delays, but as this is my first group buy, these problems i have not thought of before..... Also, i am getting this too, so i am just as frustrated as you may be... Thanks for everyons patience, and if anyone has any questions, please contact me along with your PM info.....

Thanks again,
Markussvt
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/20/03 01:40 AM
Hey Markus, Im hoping you got my check in the mail... It would be the one from Mark, from Indiana... Just making sure you have it straight... Thanks

Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/20/03 01:44 AM
you are #1
did you send it from some type of farm?????

I thought that was kind of funny when i saw it..
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/20/03 02:12 AM
PM'ed ya
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/20/03 03:14 AM
Hahahaaa... A farm??? Where in the heck did you come up with that? LOL!!! Sorry thats funny though
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: BM short shifters - 01/20/03 04:09 AM
Yeh it is markus.... he doesn't make much sense sometimes.. lol
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/20/03 03:18 PM
Update.....

Markussvt - 1 - whateva, i do what i wawnt
svttour2002 - unable to do GB
Contouring - 1 - Made payment 1/18
Quicksilver - 1 - Paying today
Thinkmoto - 1 - recieved payment
Y2KSVT - 1 - recieved payment
MCgainer - 1 - is your name Mark???? if so paid....
68general98contour - 1 - paid - paypal
Cliffjohnson - 1 - paid - paypal c.c.
Skeeter99 - 1 - waiting for shippin costs to canada, will find out today
Juspifool - 1 - paid via paypal....

Alright fellas, just a couple more paid and this is complete.. I am still wanting to figure out whats going on with nicboi, he said he was interested, but i havent heard from him since then.... Just let me know

Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/20/03 03:22 PM
Did you get my PM with my address? If so, dont't give it out to the unsavory type ;
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/20/03 03:28 PM
to late... i ordered the stippers and midgets for tossing!!!!
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/20/03 03:31 PM
i ordered the stippers and midgets for tossing!!!!

they are ok, i was refering more to the carnies, you know, circus folk, they smell like cabage
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/20/03 03:32 PM
THATS MY LINE!!!!!! and its cabbage
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/21/03 12:43 PM
Update.....

niceboi - 1 - Paid
Markussvt - 1 - Paid
Contouring - 1 - Paid
Quicksilver - 1 - Paying today
Thinkmoto - 1 - Paid
Y2KSVT - 1 - Paid
arcticsvt - 1 - sent payment 1/15, recieved shipping payment
MCgainer - 1 - Paid
68general98contour - 1 - paid
Cliffjohnson - 1 - paid
Skeeter99 - 1 - sent payment
Juspifool - 1 - paid
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 01/21/03 02:18 PM
When will the shifters be shipped out to us?

Thanks,
Josh
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/21/03 02:33 PM
Just t let everyone know.... I am still waiting to recieve 2 payments..... once i recieve these, i will call my supplier and make order immediately... should only take a few days for shipping. I am sorry for the wait, but hey, it hasnt been that long of a wait yet. I am just as anxous to get this part into my car as you guys, so dont worry, i will do everything in my power to get these to us by this weekend...... Let me know if there are any more questions...

Markussvt
Posted By: onosway Re: BM short shifters - 01/21/03 02:41 PM
Thanks M, good doin' business with you.
Posted By: juspifool_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/21/03 07:51 PM
Awesome, I can't wait to get it and put it in.

Thanks
Posted By: Chaser231 Re: BM short shifters - 01/22/03 12:20 AM
I would go in.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/22/03 04:41 AM
you want in???????? Where are you at... if you can get me 80 in the next day... i deposite checks tomorrow, and call my supplier to make my final order... so let me know asap... If you live in the detroit area.. we can meet up so you can make payment as soon as possible....
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 01/22/03 01:51 PM
When will they be ordered. Looks like noway to get them here for the weekend. Unless your supplier is up there in Michigan and can send them out early today. It has been a very smooth transaction and even if we don't get them by weekend it is still a great deal!! Thanks Markus!!!!

Later
Josh
Posted By: Chaser231 Re: BM short shifters - 01/23/03 03:09 PM
I live in grosse pointe where abouts are you? Sorry if I am too late, I was only home for a little bit yesterday, no time to check.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/23/03 03:41 PM
I am sending out the paymentand order at 12:30 today... if you can get your payment to me Via Paypal or dropping it off before then, then you are in.... I will have your part shipped to me, so i will just meet up with you when it comes in... Please let me know whether or not you are going to do this as soon as you can, because i am making the call at 12:30....

If you want call me on my cell to confirm payment or dropoff....i will PM you my number...

Markussvt
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/23/03 06:38 PM
PAYMENT HAS BEEN SENT, AND ORDER HAS BEEN MADE!!!!!!! JUST A NOTE FOR EVERYONE THOUGH:

Per my convo with Stacey from Massive motorports, If our parts fail within a year of purchase, they will replace it no questions asked.....

As for the people that i am still waiting for payments from ie. whitelx ( sent but not recieved yet ), quicksilver, and chaser231, other that whitelx, you have the ability to get the item at a discounted price, but it will be 88 shipped instead of 78 shipped. This is still a deal compared to the 100 these go for retail, which doesnt even include shipping.

If you are still interested, please contact me and let me know and we can complete a sale....

As for everyone else, thank you and in a couple weeks, you will have your parts.

Markussvt
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 01/23/03 07:15 PM
Couple of weeks???? I thought it was going to be a couple of days? So when should we be looking for them, next week, 2 weeks?????

Josh
Posted By: Chaser231 Re: BM short shifters - 01/23/03 07:56 PM
I am still interested just let me know what to do.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/23/03 07:58 PM
When i spoke with her last friday, they had 15 units in house. Per our conversation on tuesday, when i was wanting to make final order, i had yet to recieve all payments. I called in today, even though i have yet to recieve a payment Via snail mail, to call and make my final order, because i was sick of waiting, and was going to front the money for the people who were in but had not sent payment yet. Today, she says that they now need to order more shifters, because they only have 2 left. The approximate time to house will be between a week and a half and two weeks. Sorry about the problems, but there is nothing i could have done, and being a college student, with limited funds, i didnt want to take the chance in fronting money. If there are any other concerns let me know.

Markussvt
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/23/03 08:12 PM
give me a call, and let me know when you want to meet up, so that you can make payment.... Just pm me and we can go from there. Thanks for the interest.

Markussvt
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/23/03 08:27 PM
A COUPLE OF WEEKS?!? i'm never doing business with you again. gosh. i'm playin, i can wait a couple of weeks, thanks for setting this up for all of us, this is a great deal. hopefully it will get warmer within the next couple of weeks so it will be easier to do. thanks again.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: BM short shifters - 01/24/03 12:16 AM
Thanks Marcus greatly appreciate your efforts!!
Posted By: juspifool_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/24/03 12:32 AM
Yes, thanks for all of the help to get this thing together.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/24/03 12:57 AM
thanks fellas...... it means a lot....
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 01/24/03 02:33 AM
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
A COUPLE OF WEEKS?!? i'm never doing business with you again. gosh. i'm playin, i can wait a couple of weeks, thanks for setting this up for all of us, this is a great deal. hopefully it will get warmer within the next couple of weeks so it will be easier to do. thanks again.

Yeah it's -1 here in Detroit! I'm hoping for 3-5 degrees for when I go to install this bad boy!
Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/24/03 10:27 AM
Markus...good work keep it up. Great group buy, a pleasure doing business with you.
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 01/28/03 04:03 AM
ETA before this weekend? i'm just curious b/c i might be going outta town, my cousin is getting shipped to afghan AGAIN. damn special ops. just curious though
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 01/29/03 03:48 PM
Do we have any updates on them have they been sent out ordered from your supplier or anything? Thanks Markus for setting this up for us and getting a good price on them!!!

Later
Josh
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/29/03 05:57 PM
hey fellas, Still waiting on a word from the supplier to say they were sent out..... I will call again today, but as of yestarday, they hadnt recieved the extra pieces from OBX......Thanks for being patient everyone!!!!
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/29/03 07:31 PM
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parts were recieved this afternoon... they will be sent tomorrow!!!!! sorry bout the wait guys, but we will have our parts soon!!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: BM short shifters - 01/29/03 09:58 PM

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 01/29/03 10:00 PM
when i say parts were recieved... i say the supplier recieved their parts.... they will send to us tomorrow...
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: BM short shifters - 01/29/03 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said before WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 02/04/03 02:08 PM
Anybody get there shifter yet? Just curious, can't wait till it gets here. Thanks again Markus!!!!!!!

Later
Josh
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/04/03 04:55 PM
still waiting

Muwahahahahahahahahaha
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/04/03 07:00 PM
still waiting as well..... damn
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 02/04/03 10:00 PM
when i say parts were recieved... i say the supplier recieved their parts.... they will send to us tomorrow...

We got hosed Markus, we got hosed!
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 02/06/03 12:40 AM
Please tell us markus that you called them and confirmed that they sent them out? Please!!!!!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 02/06/03 02:24 AM
yeah I'm gettin worried...
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/06/03 05:39 AM
they said parts were sent on monday..... so they should have been here by now... i am starting to get frustrated here.....

But i guess i will have to be patient, just as everyone else has to be.
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/06/03 11:29 PM
we got burned, burned real bad

joshin ya markus, this is going to work out great.
Posted By: onosway Re: BM short shifters - 02/07/03 06:54 AM
I GOT MINE!

Man, 14 hours @ school (yes I spend 14 hours on a Thursday at school), my friends Integra GSR gets STOLEN on campus!!!, we're stranded on campus till 10pm and I come home to my beloved short shifter....

....now all i need is a car to put it on

Curious- there's not gear indicator on mine (1,2,3,4,5,R) is this normal?!

But you know what sucks, I saw that GSR drive away and I thought it was my friend bringing the car around
Posted By: onosway Re: BM short shifters - 02/07/03 07:07 AM
I guess what i'm missing is the lil sticker? Or does it come like this? If so I have a SVT thing i'mma put there.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/07/03 04:04 PM
i thought it came with the sticker... but i guess not... maybe niceboi can whip something up for us......
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/07/03 04:10 PM
Originally posted by nyceboi:
I guess what i'm missing is the lil sticker? Or does it come like this? If so I have a SVT thing i'mma put there.

hey yeah, if theres no sticker, hook it up as a group buy bonus and make an svt thing for everyone
Posted By: onosway Re: BM short shifters - 02/07/03 04:42 PM
i thought it came with the sticker... but i guess not... maybe niceboi can whip something up for us......

Well if someone gets a sticker with theres let me know! I would rather have a CF sticker though - maybe Journie can do this for us?

If there's interest I'll do a metal circle etched SVT plate for that spot. Don't hold you're breath, schools eating up most of my time!
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/07/03 05:31 PM
Niceboi... even if you just make one, for me of course, i would be in on it.... Also, whats the deal on the Niceboi emblems??? I deliver on my end, you deliver on your end.... By the way, satisfied otherwise with the look of the shifter?????
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/07/03 06:40 PM
Originally posted by nyceboi:

If there's interest I'll do a metal circle etched SVT plate for that spot. Don't hold you're breath, schools eating up most of my time!

school schmool, do the metal thing!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 02/09/03 05:45 AM
How did it come? Mail, ups, fedex? Just curious to know where to look.

Thanks,
Josh
Posted By: onosway Re: BM short shifters - 02/09/03 06:13 PM
Mine came....I think UPS or USPS - sorry I don't recall.
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/09/03 07:10 PM
still waiting.....
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: BM short shifters - 02/09/03 08:12 PM
I got packages but no shifter But I did get MSDS Headers and more spare parts
Posted By: juspifool_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/10/03 05:57 PM
Anyone else get theirs yet?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 02/10/03 06:05 PM
NopE!
Posted By: skeeter99_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/11/03 08:10 AM
Just Got mine today! Not a big deal but....
*** No install instructions Because I'm cross-border, They open the pkg. @ customs. I'd like to check if all parts shipped.
*** No gear select "sticker"

Quick question...obx lists two models on their website
The SS0004 for the focus/contour/mondeo and the SSK0004 for the focus. I received the SSK0004. Because I don't have any docs with the shipment, I can't double check. I'm assuming the "K" refers to kit or something. Any ideas?
Cheers
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 02/11/03 03:47 PM
Got mine today. No instructions and mine is also the ssk one for 99-focus. I do believe they are the same shifter, not positive though. Does anyone have instructions that they can scan and email me?
Oh yeah mine came with the thing that has the gear numbers on it.

Thanks,
Josh
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/11/03 03:50 PM
I believe there is a how to....... I am kinda pissed off right now, because Stazis came with the shifter insert..... I am contacting the supplier, to see what the hell happened.... Sorry about everything guys.... but atleast they are coming to you guys... havent got mines yet!!!! i will go home and check today...

Markus
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 02/11/03 04:23 PM
No big deal. Mine came with the gear selector. It came fedex so look out for the fedex man.

Thanks again Markus!!!

Josh
Posted By: juspifool_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/11/03 07:33 PM
I got mine today also.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: BM short shifters - 02/11/03 09:42 PM
I got mine also......it's the ssk-0004 Focus shifter though....it had the sticker in the box
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 02/11/03 09:58 PM
Just put mine in took about 30 minutes. Very easy to do, the only bad thing about it is that when you go into and out of 5th gear you have to pull up on the reverse lock out. No big deal to me. Looks and feels great!!!!

Later
Josh
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 02/11/03 10:01 PM
Uh HellO! It's not supposed to be like that! !!!
Posted By: onosway Re: BM short shifters - 02/11/03 10:01 PM
I WANT MY STICKER!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 02/11/03 10:02 PM
Is it ugly w/o it?
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/11/03 11:27 PM
got mine today and guess what

I GOT THE STICKER!!!

i was leaving and some guy in a van pulled up behind me and just sat there until i got out and then he gave it to me.

why do you ahve to use the lockout in 5th gear? that sucks.

someone post instructions please.

thanks marckus
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 12:28 AM
Well it is really easy.

1. remove shifter knob, and plastic shaft with boot.

2. remove retaining clip in left corner of the plate. (gold on the side of shifter mount) pull it loose carefully.

3. remove bottom linkage (I used a screwdriver) should just pop right off.

4. Then remove torx screws (4 of them).

5 The shaft and everything should come out at this point.

6. remove the black rubber boot and the thing that holds the ball. Put those things on the new shifter the exact way the came off. Becareful!!! Grease up the ball I used bearing grease which is the same as the stuff that is in there.

7. Reverse the process and you are done.

Oh the shifter boot. It is held on the to the shaft with a wire tie. Just cut it out and thread it with a new one and put it on the new shaft and you are done.

Any questions just ask.

Let me know if anyone else runs into the problem with 5th gear.

Later
Josh
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 02:38 AM
i think you might have put it in wrong if you need the reverse lockout for 5th gear... i will find out more tomorrow.... hopefully when i get mine....
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 02:48 AM
not the dreaded "5th gear lockout"
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 02:51 AM
i am thinking it was installed backwards
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 02:54 AM
Came home today to a package, got excited until I tore into it to find a book for school... Maybe tomorrow I guess... Where is everyone located at that they are receiving their's faster than me? Im in northeast Indiana... I guess I thought they were coming from Michigan... Either way, hopefully it will be in tomorrow, not that I can put it in with a blow engine, and a tranny thats almost there... Extended warranty well spent!!

Mark
Posted By: onosway Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 02:56 AM
LOL, book for school.... I had like 5 of those delivered and everytime I thought it was my OBX or SAFC 2.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 02:57 AM
they came from either Cali... or Florida.... but i think florida...
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 03:01 AM
I will flip the lockout shaft tomorrow and see if that will do it. With no instructions I think I did well if that is all that is wrong.

Later
Josh
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 03:11 AM
I have the B&M shifter and I don't have a 5th gear lockout.
I have a lockout for reverse but not for 5th.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 03:17 AM
so are you satisfied with the product so far?????
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 03:36 AM
Oh Yeah. Love it. Looks and feels great, Just need to fix the lock out thing and will be even better.

Thanks again,
Josh
Posted By: skeeter99_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 05:41 AM
The selector insert should be shipped to those who did not receive it and directions snail or emailed if possible.

BTW Mine came from Florida via Fedex

Cheers and thanks again
Posted By: whitegt Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 09:27 AM
you put the sleeve on backwards!
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 01:17 PM
I turned the shaft around and it was backwards. Works perfect now. Make sure the flat side is on the drivers side and the rounded side should be on the passenger side.

Later
Josh
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 02:10 PM
ok, so it says on the box that there is a 1 million mile warrenty, but i didn't recieve any shipping order or paper work to prove that i bought it. anyone else get a receipt or something of the sort? it's so much better than the stock one though.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 06:14 PM
This message is for those who had their pieces sent to me.... They are in, i have them, all with stickers.... For those who do not have stickers, take everything out of the boxes... they may have slipped beween something.... Anyways, if you 2 could give me a call, and let me know when you want to meet up for pickup, let me know...

Markussvt 313.477.0632
Posted By: onosway Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 07:25 PM
Markus,

The first day I got it I opened the box up completely and no sticker. Also how do we get warranty work done? I hope they know Ford's don't do one million miles :-p
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 07:53 PM
i assume that you just contact OBX... also, i will finalize everything with the contact from MassiveMotorsports.com, where the parts were purchased from... The girls name is Stacey, and she said she would honor any warranty problems for the first year, and OBX would honor any after that.....
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/12/03 08:28 PM
I just bought mine from massivemotorsports.com's ebay auction. I was too late for the egroup buy. My fault. But for $86 shipped I was happy!
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/13/03 10:46 PM
ok, so i can't get the bottom linkage off. i'm assuming that it's the black line from the middle front of the shifter that goes into the cupholder area (under the plastic of course). is that right? any help would be great, i am trying to get this done before night. thanks.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/13/03 11:46 PM
you have to take a flathead screwdriver to it....... it should pop right off for you... without breaking anything....any other problems... let me know
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/14/03 12:46 AM
you have to take a flathead screwdriver to it....... it should pop right off for you... without breaking anything....any other problems... let me know

problem, how do you remove the shifter from the metal box? and the ball too. i tried but they don't pull out. GRRRRRR, this is really wearing my patience. it was easier when i did it for my friends prelude. AIM me if your online anyone Clifton381
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/14/03 12:51 AM
hahahaha... i lost a little patience as well... just make sure all connections are released from the original shifter.... this includes the little ball at the very basein the front right and the other on at the base of the shaft..... once you have the one taken off at the base of the shaft, you should be able to pull it right off.... Also, when you put your new shifter in, make sure to grease the sheot out of the large ball, because that is the main pivot point....
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/15/03 07:22 AM
Well as of friday, I still have not received the shifter... Hmmm, just curious if I'm the only one that still hasn't? Im going to the post office tomorrow to check again, well today actually... Hope it's there so I can stare at it and imagine it going into my car... Kinda hard to install it when it's in the shop, with the aftermarket warranty company not wanting to pay for the new motor it needs... But I was just wondering if everyone but myself has had their's since I see people received them as early as monday.. Thanks
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 02/15/03 02:11 PM
The post office won't help you better call Fedex that is how they were shipped. Actually I would call the lady at massivemotorsports.com if I were you.

Later
Josh
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/15/03 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 68GENERAL98CONTOUR:
The post office won't help you better call Fedex that is how they were shipped. Actually I would call the lady at massivemotorsports.com if I were you.

you got yours FedEx? i got mine from this little guy in a van.
Posted By: MotorCity Re: BM short shifters - 02/15/03 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 68GENERAL98CONTOUR:

you got yours FedEx? i got mine from this little guy in a van.

Although I am not in this Group Buy, I do know that FedEx Ground contracts with individuals who own/lease their own white vans. This may be why it would look a bit different.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/15/03 08:14 PM
Well seeing as how I gave my post office address because I didn't know how they were being delivered, I assumed it would go to the PO Box that I gave Markus... Had I known it was coming Fex Ex then yeah I would have given my home address... Well I guess I'll wait til next week and if it's not here then I'll maybe give Fed Ex a call.

Mark
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 02/15/03 10:41 PM
That really sucks, but hey I still don't have mine, I've been playing phone tag with Markus for a couple of days now...
Posted By: skeeter99_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/16/03 11:43 PM
Did the install yesterday. Really like the feel. Although I actually prefer the look and feel of the stock knob over the silver obx. Brrr. too cold on a winter morning! I'm surprised the stock knob seems to be a different thread size. I thought they'd be the same.

Thanks to 68general98contour for the how-to. It made things go much quicker. One thing I did find is that my car had only two of the torx fasteners instead of 4. I'm off to the dealer next week to get the two missing bolts.

One question to those who have installed their shifters... Do you find the reverse lockout a little snug? The spring doesn't seem to have enough "ummph" to push it back into place. The o rings make it really tight. Suggestions? I'm sure it will eventually "work" in.

All I need now is the "gate" sticker to finish it off. It looks crappy without it.

Cheers
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/17/03 08:49 AM

One question to those who have installed their shifters... Do you find the reverse lockout a little snug? The spring doesn't seem to have enough "ummph" to push it back into place. The o rings make it really tight. Suggestions? I'm sure it will eventually "work" in.

All I need now is the "gate" sticker to finish it off. It looks crappy without it.

Cheers

what are the o-rings and that little bar for? i didn't put mine in b/c i didn't know where they went, they important?
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: BM short shifters - 02/17/03 02:20 PM

Cheers

what are the o-rings and that little bar for? i didn't put mine in b/c i didn't know where they went, they important?

Yeah...I couldn't figure out what they were for either. Also, my knob isn't "facing" the way I'd like...any advice for getting it face correctly so the little sticker looks right?
Posted By: 68GENERAL98CONTOUR Re: BM short shifters - 02/17/03 02:42 PM
Not sure what the o-rings are for but the bar is to keep the reverse lock out sleeve in place there is a hole in it you have to pound it in. The knob try starting the thread in different places then it will face.

Later
Josh
Posted By: skeeter99_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/17/03 04:41 PM
I'm sure the o rings are there to keep the reverse lockout sleeve from clanking around. There are two slots on the shifter for them. The pin fits through the slot in the shaft as a stop for the reverse lockout.
Cheers
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/19/03 02:43 AM
Well imagine that, still no shifter!! Im calling Fed Ex tomorrow and........ well I dont know what Im going to yet but it wont be good!!! hahaa
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/19/03 04:03 AM
Y2K, Sorry i havent replied from you yet.... I will contact the supplier first thing in the morning..... Sorry about that, i willl figure it out and let you know whats going on....
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/19/03 09:18 PM
i'm not in on this gb,but i work for fedex... you should definitely call the SUPPLIER first...make sure they actually shipped the package,before you call fedex...you will also need a tracking # before you call fedex(they will not be able to help you w/o a tracking #)with a tracking # you could also check out the status at fedex.com....
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/20/03 02:59 AM
Hahaa... Hey Chris no problem, nothing against Fed Ex... I was just playing... I dont have a car right now, and by the looks of it, it might be a month, 100 arguments, and a court date later before I see my car... Looks like the extended warranty company doesn't want to cover the motor in my car that went out at 58,000... But Markus, I appreciate you looking into it for me... Let me know whatever you found... Im just guessing it's the whole P.O. Box issue that I gave you as my address... I didn't realize it was being shipped to our doors, because I receive everything else at my Post Office... If you need my home address, let me know and I'll email it to you... Thanks again!!
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/21/03 12:02 AM
finally got to drive my car today for the first time since i put the shortie in, it's kinda different, but a good different. thanks for setting this up markus, let me know when yo uare doing something again. i hate snow.
Posted By: skeeter99_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/21/03 06:52 AM
Still waiting for email replies to get the missing "gear select" insert for the knob. I've emailed the supplier and OBX directly. Anyone else not receive the insert? If so, have you had any luck getting one shipped?

Shifter works great though!!

Thanks again Markus
Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/22/03 04:28 AM
Markus can you check on mine too I still have not recieved it yet. Yes I am in Alaska but it usually does not take 3 weeks to get stuff here.
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/22/03 04:31 PM
I know I wasn't in on this GB, but I ordered mine through the same place. It has been 2 weeks and I haven't gotten mine. I got an e-mail yesterday saying it was lost by USPS and they will ship out another ASAP! I hope so.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/24/03 12:51 AM
Hey Markus, just curious if you contacted OBX to see what happened to that shifter? I was just wondering... I thought it would look really cool sitting on my floor since I will never see my car again... lol j/k... But I was just checking to see if you found anything out... Thanks again...
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 02/24/03 01:07 AM
Call and tell them you don't want it!!! Mine already broke!! 6 days in my car!
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/24/03 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Contouring:
Mine already broke!! 6 days in my car!

what broke on it? were you shifting hard or something?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 02/24/03 05:31 AM
I was not shifting hard at all! I was at a light in neutral and then I went to put her in first and nada! The ball at the end sheered off and is stuck in the bottom shifter cable....
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/24/03 06:21 AM
pete are you f-ing serious??????
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 02/24/03 02:29 PM
Yes! Dead F**king serious!
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/24/03 02:42 PM
damn, that's odd, i've had mine in with no problems, knock on wood x3
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/24/03 03:34 PM
Damn!!!

Hey Cliff, how long have you had yours?
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 02/24/03 04:40 PM
not that long, the post i made when i got it was on Feb. 11, and it took me about two weeks to get time to install it. it snowed like 20" here so i dug her out and did it then. probably not more than a week though.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/26/03 03:51 AM
Hey Markus, I take it you didn't get in contact with them at all? Im yet to see the shifter... Hmmmmm
Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/26/03 10:01 AM
Hey Markus Do you know anything about mine? Just wondering...I hope it is not lost or somthing.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/26/03 07:01 PM
hey guys... i dropped Stacey@massiveMotorsports an email monday regarding your shifters, also, i contacted them about Contourings shifter as well, hopefully she will be getting back with me today or tomorrow, sorry about the problems fellas, i will try my best to work this out as soon as possible....
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/27/03 03:55 AM
Much appreciation Markus...
Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: BM short shifters - 02/27/03 08:30 AM
I apprieciate it man. Thanks.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 02/28/03 01:46 AM
Thanks Markus...I'll call you this week! Oh, when I put my old shifter back in will i have any issues with it because I am currently stuck in 2nd gear? I'm gonna put it back in tomorrow when I get the chance. Adios
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 03/01/03 12:39 AM
alright guys, i will need you full names and adresses, so i can make sure she sent them to you, and if she didnt i will make sure she does... I Believe that a problem with one of the buyers, a CEG member by the name of WhiteLX and Whitegt, who said he was going to sned payment to me didnt, his name is Leif Wiswell if anyone knows him.... Tell him to get off his ass and pay me, that might be on of the missing shifters....
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 03/01/03 03:06 AM
Well, I'm also still waiting for them to send me the replacement for the one that was lost in shipping. I talked to Stacy today and she told me that they were out of shifters and that that would hopefully be in by next Wed. We shall see.
Posted By: MotorCity Re: BM short shifters - 03/01/03 03:44 AM
All of this is reason 1 I would never put together a similar group buy. Just too much work.

Markus, your to be commended!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 03/01/03 05:29 AM
Props to Markus! I'll send Stacy an EMAIL tomorrow morning when I can type more properly...I'll show pics of my broken shifter and post about how I get my replacement. I would love to know why somebody spent 150 dollars to have their old shifter put back in when the OBX broke. I was also thinking about getting it spot welded at a shop, but it was in for only a couple days so I suppose i just want a new one, right?
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 03/01/03 03:42 PM
definately correct!!!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 03/02/03 05:10 PM
Hey Markus, did you get my PM?
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 03/02/03 11:49 PM
yup... thanks YSK... still working on it for you..
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 03/03/03 04:26 AM
Hey Markus, thanks a lot... I appreciate it... Oh, and its Y2K... hahaa... Thanks again
Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: BM short shifters - 03/03/03 10:37 AM
Got a fed ex notice on fri they said it would be deliverd on mon. Thanks Markus
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: BM short shifters - 03/03/03 06:36 PM
Well I got a hold of Stacey and it looks like it could be several weeks before I can get another one so I am debating using my friends MIG welder to fix this little b*tch. Any thoughts? Markus I need your address so I can send it back, If I decide i want to do that. PM me
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 03/06/03 02:36 AM
Any word on the missing shifter?
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 03/07/03 03:18 PM
Y2K.......

Good News...

Found out what happened to your shifter. They never even sent the damn thing, and never told me about it. The reason they didnt send it is because Whitegt had not sent me payment yet, so the amount that the company quoted me was 80 bucks short... Well, to keep it short, they sent him the last of the paid parts, thus keeping yours in house. I have remedied the situation, so your part will ship out monday..... I am truly sorry for the mix up, but i did all i could with what i knew. By the way, i have finally recieved the payment from Whitegt, so he is off my $hit list now!!!

Markussvt
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: BM short shifters - 03/07/03 03:19 PM
Just wanted to say that I appreciate your efforts in this GB. Thanks Markus...
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 03/07/03 03:31 PM
no prob...... i am planning on setting more up... i just have to make sure they will run even smoother...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 03/08/03 05:31 AM
Hey Markus, thats great to hear, thanks a lot for looking into it for me... I cant wait to get it... I just got my 3.0L today, drove up into Detroit for it... So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have it all setup... I really appreciate you going through the trouble for me... Well hopefully I will be getting it in a couple weeks or less... Thanks again...

Mark
Posted By: JoeyJiggles Re: BM short shifters - 03/11/03 03:31 PM
hey marcus i am interested, how can i get one or is it too late?
Posted By: willjed2 Re: BM short shifters - 03/11/03 04:32 PM
Was wondering if it was too late to get in on this?
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: BM short shifters - 03/11/03 04:37 PM
I think its too late...(not speaking for Marcus or anything). But if you get on Ebay and do a search under Focus Transmission parts...there's a lot of similarily priced shifters...
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: BM short shifters - 03/11/03 05:30 PM
you can still get in on the same buy... but you will probubly have to contact the supplier yourself, and let them know that you heard about i through me...... The contact is Stacey@massivemotorsports.com . Let me know if you have any more questions.......
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: BM short shifters - 03/11/03 06:48 PM
Talked to Stacey again, supposedly my shifter went out yesterday! I hope so!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: BM short shifters - 03/15/03 07:16 AM
Should I be worried? I still have not received the shifter... I know they went out monday, and you wouldn't think more than 5 days from Florida to Indiana...Hmmmmmm
© CEG Archives