Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 1sweetride pre 98 contour body kits - 12/05/02 04:05 AM
I have just recently come across a friend who want's to help me get a bodykit together for thes pre 98 contours. It will be a completely different style kit than those on an svt and for the most part of any other vehicle. The kit will include the front and back bumper as well as the side skirts. This kit is being priced right now at $750 after s&h. It could be less depending on where you live. In order for me to get these kits started I would need at least 10 people who are interested. After that these kits would be made within 3 weeks.Feel free to e-mail me at m_denen@hotmail.com if you have any further questions............thank you MIKE D
Posted By: DMV95ContourSE Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/05/02 01:32 PM
Any pics?
Posted By: Jediboy Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/05/02 03:40 PM
I would be very interested if I can see it!
Posted By: highline9 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/05/02 04:34 PM
pics a must
Posted By: Static Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/05/02 05:41 PM
if you dont get pics then you wont get sales I can tell you that right now
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/07/02 09:12 AM
$650 vs $750

hmmm
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/07/02 04:40 PM
how in gods name is he going to get pics of something that doesnt exist? i have seen this going on a lot lately where people are screaming for pics of something that isnt even done yet. give the guy a break.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/07/02 07:08 PM
well if he could provide a pic of it on another car, im sure someone could photoshop it onto a tour
Posted By: gSto Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/07/02 08:47 PM
Ahhh the dilemma...

I agree that you will need pictures to sell this body kit to the majority of the pre-98 group, especially now after the pre-98 hellaRS body kit (compliments of HellaHydro and the California based company who is manafacturing them)

However i do admire that you and people like you, are helping out in the CEG community. I have only been here for a month (aprox) and i have had a few questions/problems and always gotten an enormous response...

If you cannot get pictures of the body kit, trust can also go a long way...HellaHydro has established it, along with others on this board.

I hope this all works out, and good luck to you...me? im getting the HellaRS

~gSto
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/07/02 09:59 PM
sorry to burst your bubble, but another kit will more than likely be made for the pre 98s for $650 and we have pictures of what it would look like.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/10/02 04:25 AM
still no reply from the original poster
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/10/02 04:31 AM
hey man dont let him put you down keep at it and get a gb going, becuase i might not buy the hellars kit even when I have the money because i might not be able to get the front bumper made for my car. but got for it man and get soem pics
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/10/02 04:34 AM
make concept pictures or post pictures of other kits that you want to take idea off of so mayeb someone can photochop one togehter. You can't have to many options bud.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/10/02 06:30 AM
I've been a little busy trying to put together these kits....still working on getting some pics. There might be another kit out there from hellars, but why try to get one based off of another model when you can have a custom one that is made especially for it? Any how if anybody else is interested I am also putting together a carbon fiber hood....
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/10/02 09:56 AM
these kits are gonna have to be extra good...considering the other one is $100 cheaper

cant way to see some pics though
Posted By: SVT24 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/10/02 01:13 PM
For everyone complaining that the other kit is cheaper, please read a litte more. This kit is $750 AFTER SHIPPING, the other is $650 BEFORE SHIPPING.

Originally posted by 1sweetride:
This kit is being priced right now at $750 after s&h.

Originally posted by HellaHydro:
The price will be $650 + shipping

Posted By: smoothy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/10/02 04:35 PM
I am going to say KUDOS to everyone and anyone making anything for any contour!

Do you hear any civic owner complain that their are tooo many body kits out there for their cars? HEEEELLL NOOO. And I sure as hell am not goin to complain if the same 50+ companies and/or kit designs go to the contour! Let the kits come out, then if you dont like the kit, dont buy it.

I give you congrats for even thinking, and putting forth some effort to try to get us pre98 bubbas a body kit other than the SVT!!!
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/10/02 05:58 PM
Originally posted by smoothy:
I am going to say KUDOS to everyone and anyone making anything for any contour!

Do you hear any civic owner complain that their are tooo many body kits out there for their cars? HEEEELLL NOOO. And I sure as hell am not goin to complain if the same 50+ companies and/or kit designs go to the contour! Let the kits come out, then if you dont like the kit, dont buy it.

I give you congrats for even thinking, and putting forth some effort to try to get us pre98 bubbas a body kit other than the SVT!!!

I'm glad someone is on the same page as me
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/10/02 10:03 PM
i'm all for it, just right now there is very little information and the member is new, which doesn't help him get respect on here. i'm gettin hella's kit, but i'd be in for a CF hood, especially if it's got a scoop, or at least vents.
Posted By: vanctour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/11/02 07:32 AM
great job getting something going for the pre-98 'tours. let's see what you got kid! need to see pics!!!!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/11/02 01:22 PM
Originally posted by WOLF24:
For everyone complaining that the other kit is cheaper, please read a litte more. This kit is $750 AFTER SHIPPING, the other is $650 BEFORE SHIPPING.

whos paying $100 shipping?

anyway, i just wanna see some pictures of this thing

I hope its nothing like any SVT kit or Hella kit
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/14/02 12:48 AM
still working on some pics. as soon as i get them to photoshop one together it wiil be seen.. thank you to everyone whos helping support me......
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/14/02 03:36 AM
send me a pic i will photoshop the hell out of it. peace.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/14/02 10:42 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
send me a pic i will photoshop the hell out of it. peace.

yeah I was just about to say the same thing

i want pics too
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/14/02 05:18 PM
see man i knew if you gave people time to warm upto the idea they would help out!
Posted By: AirKnight Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/14/02 07:47 PM
It the kit includes front/rear bumper and sideskirts, than it'll cost about $100 to ship even via Greyhound.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/15/02 01:56 AM
Originally posted by AirKnight:
It the kit includes front/rear bumper and sideskirts, than it'll cost about $100 to ship even via Greyhound.

I doubt that...maybe $40-$50
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/15/02 05:47 AM
should be about $50 via greyhound
Posted By: 97CS Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/15/02 07:41 AM
sooo where are pics?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/15/02 09:51 AM
yeah man e-mail me those pics and uhh...maybe some Contour pics too and I could photoshop it for the people...e-mail is in the sig
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/16/02 11:07 PM
ok here is the deal.....The price on these kits or only for the first 10 people. Second, I know I am a new cger so it might be hard to know what I can and can't do. I just got off the phone with these guys and they informed me that the kit can look like a number of things. Since I do not have a photoshop program at this time I can not photoshop one together, but if there is someone out there that knows how to use it and wants to get some ideas I can use any bodykit out there and get it made for these cars. So I hope that will answer some of your questions. Thank you...MIKE D
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/17/02 12:46 AM
ok here is the deal.....The price on these kits or only for the first 10 people. Second, I know I am a new cger so it might be hard to know what I can and can't do. I just got off the phone with these guys and they informed me that the kit can look like a number of things. Since I do not have a photoshop program at this time I can not photoshop one together, but if there is someone out there that knows how to use it and wants to get some ideas I can use any bodykit out there and get it made for these cars. So I hope that will answer some of your questions. Thank you...MIKE D

thier has been people wiling to help you photoshop the body kit. But on another note you can count me in on the kit senc thier seems to be a stand still on the hellars kit.

I have a hand drawn front bumper design on my computer... PM me if you are interested in seeing it.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/17/02 02:08 AM
Once again got off the phone with these guys. It likes like we are going to go with something like the Black widow 2 kit. You can see one of these at www.importfan.org. For the first 10 people the kit is going to be $695. Once I receive the money it is going to take 5-7 weeks for the kits. For the first 10 people to prove to me they are interested I will then give you the address of the people who are making these kits. Thank you.................MIKE D
IMO you REALLY need something with more curves than that kit! the leading edge of the front bumper on the black widow 2 is too square... Just my opinion, though MANY would agree!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/17/02 03:19 AM
Originally posted by StealthWyvern:

thier has been people wiling to help you photoshop the body kit. But on another note you can count me in on the kit senc thier seems to be a stand still on the hellars kit.
the front from the hellars kit will not fit your car, and the pre98 kit is slated for next year, has been from the start, is it next year? is there a stand still on it? nope,, now on the 98+ hella kit, it is going a little slow, but that's good for me, can hold on to my hard earned cash a little longer before i buy the sides and rear. (and later front from pre98 kit)
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/17/02 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:
IMO you REALLY need something with more curves than that kit! the leading edge of the front bumper on the black widow 2 is too square... Just my opinion, though MANY would agree!
i more than agree, the front is also too big and flat across most of it (couldn't find a back or sides), if it has to look like a black widow kit, go w/ original black widow or the stang kit not the black widow 2 kit. though there are better looking kits out there.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:
i more than agree, the front is also too big and flat across most of it (couldn't find a back or sides), if it has to look like a black widow kit, go w/ original black widow or the stang kit not the black widow 2 kit. though there are better looking kits out there.

I do think the Black Widow Stang would work pretty well...
Posted By: mondala Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/17/02 09:36 AM

Hello there.

I'm a new contour owner and this kit may not apply to my 98 contour. (i'm not good with cars) but if you post any picture on my roomates website. photoshopchop.com he will modify it for you.

Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/17/02 10:10 AM
ok

its importfan.net not org
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/17/02 10:29 AM
Personally these body kits appeal more to me:

Feels
TC1
Blitz
Invader

but I'm broke so uhhh yeah...

whats the price for the people after the first 10?

or is not gonna be any after the 10
sucks bein broke
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/17/02 06:15 PM

the front from the hellars kit will not fit your car, and the pre98 kit is slated for next year, has been from the start, is it next year? is there a stand still on it? nope,, now on the 98+ hella kit, it is going a little slow, but that's good for me, can hold on to my hard earned cash a little longer before i buy the sides and rear. (and later front from pre98 kit)

Yes I am aware that the front fit my car. No front end will fit my car but thier is such a thing as custom body work
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/17/02 08:23 PM
sorry about that......oops www.importfan.net
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/18/02 03:21 AM
I need to know what kind of kit you guys are looking for. Do you want it to look like an svt or do you want it to look like a mondeo or do you want it to look like an import? It seems that most of you just want to keep putting the idea down of getting something realy nice started for your cars. I am willing to listen and look at other ideas. Any kit that we decide to go with will have the right corners and sides and rears and fronts. We are going to make sure that the kit blends in with the car as a straight bolt on. You really aren't going to have to go through a lot to put it on. You guys say that the black widow 2 kit is too square , but you have to understand it is not on a contour it is on a honda or neon. Something that is not as round as our cars. So please help if youd like or if you not interested and really don't have the money stop wasting mine and others time. Stop putting down someone who is really trying to make your cars stand out.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/18/02 07:26 AM
ok these kinda suck, actually they do suck cuz I did em real fast and uhh I can't really get the kit color to blend good with the car but whatever...u get the idea

Posted By: 97CS Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/18/02 08:10 AM
yeah that's way too aggressive/civic-ish for me.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/18/02 09:03 AM
i think it would look good

somethin different from the typical SVT look alikes
How about this design ?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/18/02 08:20 PM
these kits posted are sweet...the only problem is they are on cars after 98...lets try to do it on pre 98's
Posted By: darksidaz_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/18/02 09:32 PM

me likes this body kits
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/18/02 09:53 PM
these kits posted are sweet...the only problem is they are on cars after 98...lets try to do it on pre 98's

yes I know

its gonna look pretty much the same except with different headlights

but maybe someone who can Photoshop a hell of alot better than me can throw one together
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/19/02 03:21 AM
i think these kits look GREAT!!!! does any body else agree. We are trying to get something going for these cars and still I get negativity from certain people. Can't we all just be positive and get these things going. What if we had the kit before a Honda did...do you think they would be going "I can't use it ...it looks to much like a Ford". No I think they would be like cool finally something for my car. So let's all put our heads together and get a design for our cars so I can go get them made. Thank you and good job to everyone coming up with these pics.
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/19/02 04:49 AM
Originally posted by darksidaz:

me likes this body kits

i love these kits and i would buy on if it was easy to put on like a bolt on
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/19/02 05:45 AM
I say just go ahead and get the blackwidow kit made

if i had the money i'd be in no doubt

i'm sure you'll get atleast 10 people that will be in
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/19/02 06:24 AM
ok im in a pissed mood right now but i cant get the kti any time soon which pisses me off.. If you want to know what happened check out the athetics fourm or the down low
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/19/02 07:40 PM
I was bored so I photoshopped another Contour usin the Blackwidow II body kit

Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/20/02 01:44 AM
THAT'S SWEET!!!!!! NOW IS ANYBODY IN OR WHAT??????
Posted By: darksidaz_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/20/02 02:25 AM
I am so IN!!!! hold on hold on are you guys trying to set up a group buy body kits for pre 98? coz mine is 99
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/20/02 03:11 AM
are your headlights like the red car or are they like the black and gray car? If they are like the red one your in. If not then there is a gb for your car under mine. Thanx
Posted By: darksidaz_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/20/02 03:24 AM
yeh I know my contour is '99. What kind of body kits?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/20/02 05:25 AM
if you have a 98+ the front bumper isn't going to fit your car like it would a pre98...you'd have to have some work done to make it fit

but the sideskirts and back would fit just fine...well they should but you never know
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/21/02 03:10 AM
Am I to assume that no one wants a body kit for there car that's a non svt? It's weird you'll pay $500 for a front bumper, but not $695 with s&h for a whole body kit all the way around the car. Oh well I guess if no one gets back to me within the next week or two I will just have to go ahead and just make 1 body kit for myself. Unfortunately if you decide after that and see my car and what it looks like the kit is going to cost way more. I tried to get you all in on this Group Buy, but nobody agreed with or came up with their own ideas except a few dedicated people. Oh well - thanks to the people who gave their ideas and opinions.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/21/02 05:55 AM
is it possable to get the front bumper made to where it will jsut botl right up on my car if so then i might not get my car painted right away
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/21/02 02:21 PM
heres a couple more potential pre98 body kits

(Invader Body Kit)

(Octane Front Bumper)
Just a suggestion, wait till after christmas. I know personally I've spent way too much on Christmas presents, and could not afford another large expence... Also, I do already have a body kit, I was just trying to help by throwing out some ideas for you guys, mind you, if this body kit were to look good enough and fit with my taste, I could be pursuaded to get a front bumper

DOOD!!! the guy's got two license plates???
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/21/02 04:27 PM
i would be def in after the holidays but...... post some pics on the options availbe (kits) and have a poll to see whyat ki is that best and how wants which type of kit........
Posted By: MotorCity Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/21/02 04:38 PM
A very interesting group buy in that you pay more after 10 people.

Good luck on your project though.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/21/02 05:25 PM
here's reasons why hella's kit is selling and your's isn't: 1.hella got details and what the kit will definitely look like out before asking for money
2.hella got the a group buy started already (and the work to make the kit) and many people are going with his kit and thus can't go with your's
3.your asking for money at x-mas time
4.hella's kit is pleasing to almost everyone, a lotta of these photochops are overdone, even for my taste, i want to retain some of my car's styling, not completely change it because i think the contour is NOT ugly stock, but a little help wouldn't hurt it

just trying to help you make this possible, i won't be buying your kit (whatever it may look like), but i hope to see it made, the more aftermarket the better.
Posted By: AirKnight Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/21/02 08:56 PM
I sure hope the thing doesn't turn out to be a replica of Jay Leno's chin.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/21/02 11:53 PM
thanks for the suggestions....the pics. look great to me. My whole idea is to make the car look different than any other contour out there. I do a lot of car shows and I have yet to see in Cali. a fixed up contour other than mine. I was trying to get something going for those people who want to be a little different. I guess now this time of year is kind of difficult, so I will put this off 'till after the holidays. Please keep feeding me any suggestions you guys/girls might have. Thank you
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/22/02 12:05 AM
yeah I'd really like to see something over than an SVT look alike made

so I hope this eventually goes through
Posted By: Static Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/22/02 04:22 AM
jigga WTF man these kits you are choping may the tour look like an accord. why dont you sell your car and buy an accord. cause those body kits are for rice and the tour is not rice
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/22/02 05:03 AM
Originally posted by StaticTour96:
jigga WTF man these kits you are choping may the tour look like an accord. why dont you sell your car and buy an accord. cause those body kits are for rice and the tour is not rice
i didn't want to say it, but i sorta have to agree here, these kits DO NOT FLOW with the contour's lines at all. i know they're just photoshop, but they are a good idea what it would look like. you gotta find something that will flow better, unless you secretly want a honda.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/22/02 08:54 AM

acutally an accord was my first choice in cars but i ended up with a contour

and last time i checked 240 hp v6 was not rice

third, if they dont "flow" maybe its because they're made for other cars and have yet to be custom fitted for the contour...i thought that would be quite obvious

and final...if you don't like em come up with your own damn kit, i'm just photoshoppin whats on the site...better than another SVT look alike
Posted By: MotorCity Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/22/02 02:52 PM
Originally posted by JiggaJerry:

acutally an accord was my first choice in cars but i ended up with a contour

and last time i checked 240 hp v6 was not rice

third, if they dont "flow" maybe its because they're made for other cars and have yet to be custom fitted for the contour...i thought that would be quite obvious

and final...if you don't like em come up with your own damn kit, i'm just photoshoppin whats on the site...better than another SVT look alike

Jigga Jerry,

I have come to the conclusion that either:

A. You have lost your mind.

B. You never had a mind to lose.

Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/22/02 09:31 PM
im sorry i am on jiggas side even tho they may look rice in the photoshops if they were custom fitted they would look good
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/22/02 09:54 PM
Originally posted by MotorCity:

Jigga Jerry,

I have come to the conclusion that either:

A. You have lost your mind.

B. You never had a mind to lose.

thats nice, care to jump off a bridge now?
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/22/02 10:51 PM
jerry, good job on the photoshopping, but the kits look ricey as hell. i hate rice, and i got a contour ebcause its not rice. im getting the sides and rear from hella's pre98 gb. i already got micah's front bumper. im also considering a mirko splitter for it someday. these kits belong on a damn honda, not on a nice contour. seeing them on a contour almost makes me wanna puke.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/22/02 11:19 PM
Originally posted by PoopStainz:
jerry, good job on the photoshopping, but the kits look ricey as hell. i hate rice, and i got a contour ebcause its not rice. im getting the sides and rear from hella's pre98 gb. i already got micah's front bumper. im also considering a mirko splitter for it someday. these kits belong on a damn honda, not on a nice contour. seeing them on a contour almost makes me wanna puke.

blah blah, rice this rice that...can it get anymore annoying

if you don't want your car to look "rice" you shouldn't be getting a body kit period
Posted By: smoothy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/22/02 11:59 PM
Have you guys seen the Cervini body kit for the focus??

well, i think that would look hella good on the pre98 tours... If i can find a picture, then i will post it. but if not, see if one of you can find it somewhere and post a photoshop.. cause i sure as hell can not photoshop at all!!
Posted By: onosway Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 12:06 AM
Originally posted by smoothy:
Have you guys seen the Cervini body kit for the focus??

well, i think that would look hella good on the pre98 tours... If i can find a picture, then i will post it. but if not, see if one of you can find it somewhere and post a photoshop.. cause i sure as hell can not photoshop at all!!

Put this on the pre98
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 12:11 AM
yeah I think that would look pretty good

i really like that hood though
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 12:20 AM
i went into the pics & videos thread where they were photoshoppin cars...

just imagine some of these on a pre98...i think they would look pretty decent

Posted By: Static Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 12:47 AM
WTF did somebody raid the nissian and subaru website. those look like we want are cars to look like a 350 or an impreza. people really need to think before they post
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 04:29 AM
even if a kit is custom fitted to a contour, unless it's COMPLETELY changed, then it will still NOT FLOW with the contour's lines at all. get something that sorta flows, THEN fit it and make slight changes to make it look just right. unless you really want a honda look, then you go buy a honda. (noone said 240hp is rice, HP is never rice, be it 85hp or 885hp, but most of those body kits are rice. and just because you have a body kit doesn't mean your car is rice, whether it's a honda or a contour. but if it looks overly overdone, and doesn't flow at all, then it's rice.)
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 05:38 AM
people really need to think before they post

hey, you should really start following your own advice. people ask for photoshops of different ideas just to see what something might look like. i never thought that the second to last silver car would look good but it turns out that is one of my favorites. more than anything it was a photoshop contest. so if you would have thought before you posted you wouldnt get so bent out of shape. if you dont like the looks of those kits why dont you put something up that looks good to you. until then keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. thanks.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 05:48 AM
even if a kit is custom fitted to a contour, unless it's COMPLETELY changed, then it will still NOT FLOW with the contour's lines at all. get something that sorta flows, THEN fit it and make slight changes to make it look just right. unless you really want a honda look, then you go buy a honda. (noone said 240hp is rice, HP is never rice, be it 85hp or 885hp, but most of those body kits are rice. and just because you have a body kit doesn't mean your car is rice, whether it's a honda or a contour. but if it looks overly overdone, and doesn't flow at all, then it's rice.)

no, wether its rice or not is a matter of opinion...although it is the most annoying term ever associated with cars

and when it gets fitted everything will be just fine...if you look at the other cars you will notice that while they have the same design kit the mold is not exactly the same

and plain and simple...if you don't like it, come up with your own idea or buy the other kit...seems pretty simple to me
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 05:49 AM
if you dont like the looks of those kits why dont you put something up that looks good to you. until then keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. thanks.

couldn't have said it better myself...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 05:54 AM
i am buying another kit (is this one even being made? ) just trying to help you get it to a group buy status. five people won't be much of a group, also wouldn't be a bad thing if the kit made your car look better instead of worse. i just am trying to tell you this: find a kit that already will flow fairly good, the less tweaking needed, the more people will join the GB, less time the kit will take to be made, and most likely less cost to be made. sorry that you just want to make something for yourself, not something for a group buy. but if you like it, then that's all that matters (well, if you get it made that is).
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 05:59 AM
no picture posted in this thread will make this car look worse...

and since you are the kit expert...throw one up here

i'm sure the creator of this thread is open to suggestions...

all I did was photoshop the pictures of the kits that were on the site
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 06:04 AM
oh yeah,, i'm the kit master ... TRYING TO HELP YOU. i have no photochopping tools/skills, already am getting a kit, just would like to see another kit made, but you'll need more people for a group buy. i already gave suggestions. you did a good job photochoppin'. like i said just needs to flow better. you can throw any thing onto a car, but will it look like it's supposed to be there?
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 06:25 AM
you tell me what kit looks like it is supposed to be there? i think that you can make any kit look good if it is done correctly and it is what you want to do to your car.
Posted By: vanctour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 08:48 AM
hey, correct me if i'm wrong, but is that last pic on jigga's post similar to hella's kit? is that what it is going to look like? it's not as hot as i thought it was going to look like. anyway, maybe you guys can clarify this. good job on the photochop jigga!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 09:26 AM
oh, in that lost post i didn't photoshop any of those cars

i found them in another forum on here

but I do think the other kit is gonna look somethin like that...not exact but kinda similar

there was pics in the 98+ thread somewhere
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 03:35 PM
YES I might be back in on the buy! lol depending on how things go but i gota get my car painted before teh [censored] rust to hell or starts... and I dont see this happening any time soon tell we get a idea on what we want because were just kicking around a few ideas. Anyways for the most part you can count me in!
Posted By: onosway Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 06:46 PM

This might look good on a pre98, this is a real kit no photoshop. Enough to make it different but not give the dominant view that it's rice.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 08:39 PM
I personally like the one on prosport.uk.com for the Mondeo.
what do you guys think?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 08:44 PM
What do you guys/girls think of the mystique (green) at www.fordcontour.org? I will say thanks for all these new pics. of these kits. I just hope we can all come up with an agreeable kit for these cars so I can do something for you guys/girls. Talk to you later.......Happy Holidays...Mike D
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 10:47 PM
i like the front bumper on that...i'd say different side skirts and rear though
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 10:56 PM
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:
what do you guys think?

you mean this?

Heres another Mondeo kit
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/23/02 11:02 PM
that looks like the SVT kit...just modified a little bit

pretty decent lookin

the more i'm lookin at this mondeo kit the more i like it...so thats my choice til someone gets somethin better
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 12/24/02 03:16 AM
I could go with that mondeo kit on the blue/grayish colored one, but I would say different sides. Oh well thats just my opinion. So any body else like these????
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 01/29/03 11:06 PM
just wondering if they dude that tried to get this started ever got one for his car from that site???
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 01/30/03 05:11 AM
eclipse contour.........

Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 01/30/03 05:12 AM
M3 contour........
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 01/30/03 05:47 AM
mondeo contour...........
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 01/30/03 11:51 PM
damn that Mondeo kit

is it legal to have that many lights in the front of your car???
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 01/31/03 01:43 AM
nice PS mikey, now is someone gonna make that front??
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/01/03 03:43 AM
Let's get it done!!
Posted By: gSto Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/01/03 04:42 AM

I like this 1 Mikey
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/03/03 04:21 AM
This would be a good time for me to get in this group buy when it happens because some dumb a$$ back up into my ride and damged the front driver's side bumper and fender last night.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/03/03 12:26 PM
I don't think this one is gonna happen at all or anytime soon...this is the pre98 body kit group buy you need to get in on... link
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/04/03 06:54 AM
I CAN START THIS GROUP BUY AT ANY TIME. yOU SEE THESE ARE MY FRIENDS WHO WANT TO HELP US OUT WITH THE KIT. ALL I NEED IS 10 DEDICATED PEOPLE AND THEY WILL START THEM. I CAN HAVE THEM DONE IN LESS THAN A MONTH. SO COME ON GUYS IF YOU READY NOW LET ME KNOW. I ESP. LIKE THAT MONDEO/CONTOUR KIT. I CAN GET IT DONE JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE. THANK YOU
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/04/03 09:30 AM
i gotta say that eclipse front looks so good on that p.s...im gonna have to track down the pre98 svt pics to talk me down
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/10/03 05:36 PM
supra contour........
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/10/03 11:31 PM
I'm tired of waiting... lets get it done!
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/11/03 12:50 AM
Is this gb on or what? I have been working my ... off trying to get all this stuff for these contours and it seems nobody but a few people want to join in and help. I am going to have a kit made for my car reguardless of how many of you guys want it. What I would like to know is what kind of kits you would like to see on a contour. Because I am sure after the kit is made for my car you will than want to have a gb. That will be too late. I at least want to get a kit on my car that once it is finished if others want it I can send them to get it. Sooooo your ideas and suggestions would help. Thank you.........I can also get Carbon Fiber Hoods.
Posted By: auiotour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/11/03 07:32 AM
Is this gb on or what? I have been working my ... off trying to get all this stuff for these contours and it seems nobody but a few people want to join in and help. I am going to have a kit made for my car reguardless of how many of you guys want it. What I would like to know is what kind of kits you would like to see on a contour. Because I am sure after the kit is made for my car you will than want to have a gb. That will be too late. I at least want to get a kit on my car that once it is finished if others want it I can send them to get it. Sooooo your ideas and suggestions would help. Thank you.........I can also get Carbon Fiber Hoods.

Hey man, I want a front end bad, but I have no money at all.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/11/03 08:35 AM
which kit are you getting?
Posted By: TOUR'ING Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/11/03 06:03 PM

I just read through this entire post, and I must say that there is alot of negativity towards anything different here. I totaly applaud the originator of this GB, he is trying to get something going for us here. Not only the Contour, but specifically the pre-98 Contour.

I think that the people that did photoshop's of all the different kits need a big pat on the back as well, because they stepped up and had to take everyone's criticism, and they did a teriffic job. THANKS.

As for my opinion, I like the photoshop of the this Mondeo/Contour that mikey boy did. That looks hot as hell, and I would be "In Like Flynn" on this kit or something very similar to it. As long as the sides and rear went well with it.

Well, that's my take and opinion.

Beaz
'97 Contour

"Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, and most of them stink."
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/11/03 06:21 PM
the mondeo and the supra kit are very sweet why should all the contours have the same svt look? what is this, i dont have the money for a svt so i want to buy the "razzi- like" svt plain factory kit so i can make people think i got an svt i am in on anything that is different like i said before anything under 800 is great and i will be in cuz i am gonna get the tax check back.

oh yeah ps i spanked a civic with cold air, msd, catback, and some other crap. he was like damn that car is fast i dont want to race you anymore lol
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/12/03 12:26 AM
Did any body like the skyline kit on page 7 or 8 of this ad? I think that is the one I am going with. Tell me what you guys think.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/12/03 03:16 AM
This is once again the original poster of this g/b. I am going tonight to talk to another guy about gettingthese kits done. I really would like it if I can get some feed back before I go see this guy tonight. We are going to make a kit for sure for my car, but like I said before I at least want to do one that after mine is done and you see what it looks like you will now know were to get one. I think at $600 it really can't be beat either for a 4 piece kit. Thank you
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/12/03 05:32 AM

http://www.importfan.com/product.asp?0=360&1=361&3=74

I found this on another site...I thought it was pretty dope...I think I'd take that over anything

just givin u guys with money some ideas...
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/13/03 05:21 AM
If you guys like this one from import tuner let me know. The reason I say is because this is the guys I am talking to that is making my kit and I can easily get that one done.
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/13/03 05:24 AM
which one is it?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/13/03 11:52 PM
The kit that is 2 replys up from this one. The one from importfan. Sorry
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/14/03 02:55 AM
So which one are you going to be rolling with?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/14/03 11:59 PM
The designs have been rolled out and the kit is being made as we speak. I went with the skyline kit. Pics will be coming within the next couple of weeks.
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/15/03 12:10 AM
sweet, I wonder what it would look like with a front mounted cold air intake on the tour... Can you make a pix of this?
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/15/03 02:29 AM
I really like the supra one...although i am not buying, just thought i would put in my .02. Mondeo one is cool too
Posted By: highline9 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/18/03 03:51 AM
I have benn gone for awhile...is this still on? any dates set for payment or shipment yet?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/18/03 07:03 PM
This g/b is still on , but for the meantime since no one could agree on what type of kit I am getting mine done first. Then when pics. come out if you like it I can get it for a really decent price. The kit since I am going to be the first is going to take about 3-4 wks. If you are interested in a carbon fiber hood though look at my other g/b. If you have imediate questions please contact me at m_denen@hotmail.com. Thank you
Posted By: gSto Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/18/03 09:45 PM
3-4 weeks if anything like the post-98 broup buy...will turn to 3-4 months lol
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/19/03 12:18 AM
3-4 weeks for me means exactly that 3-4 weeks. I am working with these guys everyday and they are also my friends.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/19/03 09:01 AM
provide pics ASAP!
Posted By: highline9 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/25/03 01:01 AM
these body kits will be available in 3-4 weeks? any pics or prices?
Posted By: SpeedTeufel Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/25/03 05:20 AM
how in gods name is he going to get pics of something that doesnt exist? i have seen this going on a lot lately where people are screaming for pics of something that isnt even done yet. give the guy a break.

Photoshop????
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/25/03 05:22 AM
Originally posted by SpeedTeufel:
Photoshop????

whats that?
Posted By: highline9 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 02/25/03 02:41 PM
sry, i was confused...thought that this was the same as the 98+ gb
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/05/03 04:43 AM
just wanted to see some early protoypes maybe?? im kinda curious as to how its gonna come out and since the other body kit thread isn't providing pictures yet hopefully you will
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/12/03 04:24 AM
The body kit is going to look excactly like the photoshop pics. Only difference is when it is done it will not be painted the color of the car. If you guys like waht this kit looks like let me know. It is the one on the 3 or 4th page with the skyline kit. Thank you
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/12/03 06:10 AM
is yours almost done? i wanna see what it looks like on your Contour

the only pics I saw were the ones from the site
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/12/03 03:52 PM
What pics of skyline kit where? Page 3 and 4? How do you measure pages? I see no photoshop pics labeled "skyline" in this post. I am interested and I have the money (am considering new SVT parts) but I have seen MUCH hype and frustration with past CEG body kit group buys. 1sweetride on 18 Feb you posted that you would show actual pictures of this kit. Itâ??s time.

I applaud the efforts of any vendor who makes parts for our cars. With respect to body kits, appearance is EVERYTHING and it is not unreasonable to request or even demand pictures before agreeing to purchase.

How about someone involved with this kit starting a webpage (a trivial thing to do nowadays) and posting pictures during the entire design and fabrication effort. Just keep a cheap digital camera around the shop. You would have literally thousands of hits from CEG alone. Enthusiasts would get to know the kit and the people making it. They would have a quasi-emotional investment in the product (having watched it being â??bornâ? in a sense) and would be eager to purchase one. The word-of-mouth-advertising would be incredible. This would richly pay-off for you in terms of marketing and sales and would stop these endless, useless â??When are we going to see pictures?â? posts.

This is the wired age man! Use this inexpensive tactic to en-power your product!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/18/03 12:21 AM
news?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/22/03 04:06 AM
Well it seems the original people who started on this project are now giving up. They want me to give them another $1000. I have since talked to some new guys and we have a for sure thing with them. If I can get at least 10 really, really interested people who really, really , really want a custom body kit I can have one made. With this company the cost is just a little higher, but it is a guaranteed thing. The new cost is going to be $750 for each kit. This will include all bumbers and sides of the car. If I do not get the 10 needed I can start one for myself that is going to cost me about $1500. I am willing to do this, but I need to know exactly waht kind of kit you guys like. I myself like the Supra kit or the Skyline kit that is in my previous pages somewhere of this g.b. Please guys and girls let me know waht you like.....I need your HELP. We already have the c/f hoods being made now lets get these body kits.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/22/03 08:28 AM
I thought the other guys were your friends???

and that your kit was supposed to be done already...what happened? its been 3-4 weeks already...i'd have to see a finished product before I could ever get in on this...

the thing I could say is decide on a kit yourself then offer it to the people...if you just leave the door open to anything nobody is ever going to decide on just one
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/23/03 06:40 PM
I don't know about yall but I like the Saleen body kit. That would be cool to make a body kit something like that.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/23/03 07:16 PM
I would agree, I think that it looks nice
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/24/03 05:20 AM
Which saleen body kit???????????????
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/24/03 05:32 AM
how bout a supra ...
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/24/03 05:40 AM
For those of you who want to see the skyline kit on the contour it is on page 9 of this g/b. Please let me know how you like this kit. If anybody else has some ideas for the kits please feel free to drop som ideas. Does any one else like the Supra kit?????????????
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/24/03 06:34 AM
Holy shizzle...how did i miss that one? I like the supra...hands down. Probably way too expensive for a broke college kid
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/24/03 04:56 PM
Which saleen body kit???????????????

If you look in the picture gallery you will see it.
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/24/03 08:46 PM
The body kit on the Saleen Contour showcar on this website. That's the best kit I have ever seen.
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/24/03 08:52 PM
I went to page 9 and there is 3 body kits on there. I don't see where it is labeled skyline kit. Which one is it?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/24/03 11:31 PM
It's the silver one under the orange one. What page exactly is this saleen kit?
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/25/03 04:19 AM
www.contour.org/gallery/

It says Saleen's 99 Svt
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/25/03 07:10 PM
Did any else notice that to do the saleen body kit you also have to widen the wheel wells. That would meen instead of a 3 piece kit (the front and back bumpers and 2 side skirts) it would be a 7 piece kit. That would be way more money. NEW PRICE ON KITS JUST IN: $695 plus S&H.
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/25/03 10:13 PM
hey how much would it cost me to get a single custom front bumper made just for myself? if i provided the stock se bumper and the bumper i wanted combined with it what would you charge me to do this kind of work? thank you.
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/25/03 10:14 PM
Is there any way to do a body kit something like that with 3-pieces? The Skyline is cool but not as cool as the Saleen. Do you have any idea what the back bumper is goin to look like on the skyline kit?
Posted By: Contourox Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/25/03 11:30 PM
So which style body kit is actually the one from this group buy?

The ones posted and altered using PS of the SUPRA style, SKYLINE / ECLIPSE style are nice but the MONDEO one would be best.

Anyway, want to know which one it will be so maybe i can get a better idea as which one of these styles i would buy into.

oh, one more thing, is this GB over?

thanks if anyone can help
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/26/03 03:45 AM
The g/b is still going. Actually I am trying to get some ideas from everyone that way we all can pick one kit and get that one done.
Posted By: TOUR'ING Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/26/03 08:33 PM

Hands down, in my opinion, this would be the best kit for the pre-98, and granted this is just a photo-chop, it has a ton of potential. It flows well with the Tour.

Just my opinion.

Beaz
'97 Contour
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/27/03 04:34 AM
I like this one a lot. Any one else agree? See if we get 9 more people to agree we can get this done for just $695 each.
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/27/03 05:02 AM
maybe with one foglight.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/27/03 02:30 PM
the same size foglight or one of those huge ass ones that you see on some kits?
Posted By: blury Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/27/03 03:09 PM
the same size foglight or one of those huge ass ones that you see on some kits?

Oh please god no. Those huge things are horrible. I see them all time on the focus site and they suck. They look terrible. I like this alot though.
Posted By: blury Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/27/03 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
what do you guys think?

you mean this?

Heres another Mondeo kit

I want the bottome real bad
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 03/28/03 04:45 AM
I like the mondeo kit but dont care for the four fog lights. Im down with it though I just want a custom body kit that looks better thant the svt one.
Posted By: Midnight_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/02/03 06:26 PM
anyone want to give me a wedding preasent for my car
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/02/03 07:58 PM
If you do the mondeo kit....just let me know..i will be in
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/03/03 06:38 AM
I think Mikey boys Mondeo contour chop is the best...Thats so sexy...the fogs looks awesome..come on guys lets do that one
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/03/03 06:02 PM
im in as soon as someone loans me the green because ill have to mod the front end anyways lol
Posted By: pnice Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/03/03 06:12 PM
my tour is 96 plus it has 94k i think i better save the money to get ready either to junk it or for the mechanic before i go out on any body kits
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/03/03 06:22 PM
Originally posted by pnice:
my tour is 96 plus it has 94k i think i better save the money to get ready either to junk it or for the mechanic before i go out on any body kits

mines a 97 wiht 120k on the dail. It has never needed any major motor work other then mec [censored] up intalling the idler pully and that came off and [censored] up thing and ended up costign him like 700 bucks and the tranny [censored] no work on it eithe rexcept the flushes that they require and its still runing strongs! Now the tranny might need to be rebuidl here within the next 20k miles but im hoping not. *crosses fingers*
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/03/03 08:31 PM
the updates on this group buy are too damn far apart...I don't ever see this happening
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/04/03 02:28 AM
What are you talking about? The last update to get this thing going again was a week ago.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/04/03 02:49 AM
Hey guys, i just wanted to say....The price on this Kit is awesome....I would like to see someone get a custom kit made for under 650. I am going to be the first one on the list that will put my name to this unless i get some kind of unexpected expense . Lets back this guy up...he is trying to give us a quality kit for an unbelievable price. Oh, and who actually wouldn't buy this kit just because of the double fog lights? Thats crazy...look at mikey boys photo chop job....That is by far one of the most sexy contour images i have seen on the boards....Its just an extra fog light...fill the thing up with a light. Lets take advantage of this guys....
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/04/03 03:03 AM
Originally posted by tourman113:
Hey guys, i just wanted to say....The price on this Kit is awesome....I would like to see someone get a custom kit made for under 650. I am going to be the first one on the list that will put my name to this unless i get some kind of unexpected expense . Lets back this guy up...he is trying to give us a quality kit for an unbelievable price. Oh, and who actually wouldn't buy this kit just because of the double fog lights? Thats crazy...look at mikey boys photo chop job....That is by far one of the most sexy contour images i have seen on the boards....Its just an extra fog light...fill the thing up with a light. Lets take advantage of this guys....

Besides to those who drive with the parking lights on and the fogs you can still be legal and have both on as long as your headlights arnt on. Other then that you just ahve to shut one set off big deal
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/04/03 03:13 AM

Todras' ride w/mondeo bumper.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/04/03 03:15 AM
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/04/03 05:36 AM
What are you talking about? The last update to get this thing going again was a week ago.

a week?

ok well what is the final decision on the kit?
when is work gonna be started on it?
what will the deposit/price be?

things like this have not been answered yet...that is what I'm waiting for and its definitely been more than a week waiting for that
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/04/03 05:50 AM
well if it is taking too long for you then you dont need to buy it. if you think you can move faster go ahead and get something together until then step off. any more b**ching you would like to do?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/04/03 05:54 AM
yes while I'm at it...I was talking to the group buy organizer and thats not you, so shut up please...thanks

mmmk anyway...i have been watchin this group buy since day one and if there still isn't a body kit decided on yet then I don't see how this is going to happen...some decisions are going to have to be made and details are going to have to be provided before you can move further...I just wanna see something get done sometime soon...
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/04/03 06:28 AM
I will be happy to be the volunteer who gets to decide what kit will be produced.....I have good taste (so i am told) Come on guys...lets agree on the Mondeo kit...Its a very very good looking kit and its different than any thing out there...Its not ricey by any means and it flows so well with the tour...Everyone is complaining about how long this is taking, well now its time to do something about it...The faster we all agree the faster the kit will be made...and in turn the faster we will be able to have friggin pimp ass rides that no one has ever seen........LETS DO IT GUYS Time to make a place for us pre-98's!!!!!
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/04/03 06:40 AM
it will be hard to do as long as we have dumbasses like zetecninja crying like a b*tch about how long things take, even though he cant afford to be part of it anyway. he spent his life savings on a muffler.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/04/03 06:54 AM
i-d-i-o-t
I can definitely be apart of this group buy if it ever happens
you photoshop a couple pics and all of a sudden you're hot [censored]...please

nobody in here is crying, somebody in here is pretty damn annoying though (that would be you)...

what I'm trying to do is let this guy know that if u leave options open to everyone nothing is gonna be decided on because everyone has different tastes...u've gotta decide something on your own and then go for it (if they like it cool, if they don't then they don't)...this is calling helping mikeyboy not crying...try it.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/04/03 06:09 PM
I say we stop the arguing, and start making the Mondeo kit, I have been thinking about this kit for almost a year but didn't have the means to get it all together, no we have the chance so lets move on it!
Johnny
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/05/03 02:15 AM
Come on guys lets not argue. The reason this g/b has not happened yet is because I need at least 10 people to agree on a kit. I can't go out there and get a kit done that I like and nobody else does. I mean I can, but I am trying to include more people. I want there to be people everywhere going wow look at that car for all of you not just me. I can go spend a couple of thousand $$$$ on a kit, but what does that do for you? NOTHING!!!! I just want us to come up with a kit that we all agree on and then I can get the specifics. Thank you to all those supporting me.....Talk to you later
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/05/03 02:45 AM
cool.

i vote for the mondeo.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/05/03 05:30 AM
I'd vote for anything that I can bolt right up onto mycar no matter how it looked just about lol but thats just me. I like the mondeo kit, but if i gota put extra money inot other then repainting for moldin to get it to fit ill stick to something else
Posted By: blury Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/06/03 02:27 AM
I would buy it no matter what fog lights. Simply cause i can galss them over if i dont like them. But i like the quad lights. I would hate those big 6" things but i would galss them anyway. If this happens PM me i will get the money if i have to sell a kid. (hey i have 2 and the oldest is a pain in the Arse anyway)
Posted By: blury Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/06/03 02:31 AM
Ohh my vote Mondeo
Posted By: gSto Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/06/03 02:53 AM
mondeo
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/06/03 03:14 AM
mondeo for me!!!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/06/03 10:02 AM
looks like the final is mondeo...I was just thinkin though(don't get mad) that particular mondeo kit is kinda sqaure and our cars are round so how would that work out? also, anyone know how the back bumper and sides would look?

i'm ready to jump into whatever body kit GB is done first...or looks the best
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/06/03 11:22 AM
ok nevermind...

it'd be interesting to see how this would turn out

or this one

Posted By: highline9 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/07/03 01:20 AM
Lets get the people and make the top one, i like it the most.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/07/03 01:41 AM
So we all like the black mondeo? Do we like the back and sides to? It looks like if I went with the Mondeo kit we would have 5 for sure in on it? If this is the case I will talk to my guys this week. Let me know ASAP. Thank you
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/07/03 01:45 AM
in.
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/07/03 02:46 AM
Posted By: Contourox Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/07/03 06:49 AM
i was wondering with the black mondeo combat kit shown in this picture with the rear angle......
well, the pre98's are quite bubbly/round in certain angles but i really don't mind how the rear end boxes out slightly. If this kit was to be done will it be with the same lower rear bumper cut outs? (i mean for the exhausts?) personally i would like less gaps/holes because i would most likely just keep the exhaust i have on it that has twin tips but one muffler.
I don't know about you all but i would like it to look as if it was a little more stock/less mesh grilling.....i guess i'm getting old and the mesh seems a little too racy. but i hope this GB goes through. And thanx to whoever is in charge of this GB! keep it up.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/07/03 04:48 PM
Well, the purpose of a body kit is to take away the stock look...right....I see what you are saying though...I just want to see one of these babies installed on a tour. I need some incentive to save my money
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/07/03 09:06 PM
I personally like the front end on the black one, but like the rear of the blue one, I think it still gives it that stock look, and also looks similar to the Saleen kits rear. but thats just my 2cents. I still want to get the kit, as long as its made with good materials.
Posted By: gSto Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/08/03 12:07 AM
So we all like the black mondeo? Do we like the back and sides to? It looks like if I went with the Mondeo kit we would have 5 for sure in on it? If this is the case I will talk to my guys this week. Let me know ASAP. Thank you

if the HellaRs pre-98 falls through, ill join this. I'm not sure how many people are still interested in that...as time as gone and no word on it has been spoken.

either way, i definately like the Mondeo kit. hell...any kit as long as it wasnt stock! but definately the mondeo
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/08/03 05:54 PM
I will have to agree with this. I like the front on the black one and the back on the blue one.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/08/03 06:04 PM
so we all like the front of the black one and the blue rear? when is it going to start?
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/08/03 06:56 PM
I like that combo too. At first i saw the back of the blue and didn't like it then i thought about it and decided it was ok. I do like the back of the black as well. I personally would take either so what ever the majority vote is, i will go with it...
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/08/03 07:03 PM
Mondeo kit looks awesome I really like the black kit. I'd be in if you get that kit.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/08/03 08:41 PM
I like both kits also. I think with the combo it would look SWEET!!!!!!! How many of you are really, really dedicated?????
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/08/03 10:44 PM
i dont know about that blue rear.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/08/03 11:50 PM
I like both kits also. I think with the combo it would look SWEET!!!!!!! How many of you are really, really dedicated?????

If you made them with good materials and had a fairly quick turn around, I bet (like me) people would get in on this. if this comes out before the Hella RS kit then I would jump on it
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/08/03 11:50 PM
i dont know about that blue rear.

It looks very similar to the Hella RS kit that was supposed to be made
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/09/03 03:09 AM
I'm in if u do the rear on the blue and the front on the black. Even though i dont really care for the four fog lights. I think it would be pretty cool though.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/09/03 03:14 AM
Hello again guys and girls.......Once I get 10 people who can agree with the price and the kit my guys will build the kit in 1 week. After that 2-3 kits will be made a week. If we can all agree on the kit and I get 10 people to get their deposits in I can have this done by the end of May. Let me know. Thanx
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/09/03 03:25 AM
How much is this goin to cost?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/09/03 03:32 AM
The kits are going to be $695. As soon as I have the 10 people remotely interested I can then let you know what the deposits will be.
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/09/03 03:48 AM
So how many is in? Let's get this thing goin.
Posted By: princessluna Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/09/03 06:10 AM
Damn, that was a big a** post!
Much love to 1sweetride!
If I had the money I would...
Can't wait to see more pics.!

-Peace.
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/09/03 03:43 PM
ill get in on this is the 695 after shipping?
Posted By: TOUR'ING Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/09/03 07:25 PM
As far as the kit goes, as long as it has the black front, I don't care which rear you use. Just let us know what is going on.

TOUR'ING
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/09/03 07:55 PM
you get it done and done right I'm in, I just want good quality.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/09/03 08:22 PM
How much do you guys think it will cost to paint this...6 or 7 hundred maybe...I know nothing about painting...
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/09/03 09:48 PM
depends on where, what kind of paint, and quality.
the shop I work for would cost you about 1k because we do more of the upscale work(also includes putting it together)
Johnny
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/09/03 11:40 PM
I forgot about installation...thanks for the reply Johnny
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/10/03 02:12 AM
Thanx to all you guys/girls who are helping support me and this g/b. I was wondering if any body would like the kit using the black mondeo front and the saleen rear? At this time i can not get a price on shipping because we don't know exactly what kit we are going with. So I wouldn't know the weight. Sorry. For all of you who are ready to get this done and know what you want please email me at m_denen@hotmail.com. That way I can see if we have the 10 needed. Thanks again and I hope we can get this started SOON
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/10/03 03:06 AM
It would be cool to use the Saleen rear. It looks better.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/10/03 06:09 AM
Has anybody seen the green mystique at www.fordcontour.org? What do you think of the back bumper on it? How about for our cars? When you get to that website look under the photo gallery and look at page 4. Let me know waht you guys/girls think.
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/10/03 05:58 PM
I dont think I like that one. Its too plain.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/10/03 08:45 PM
Originally posted by jon_mason14:
It would be cool to use the Saleen rear. It looks better.

that one also has similar lines to the blue one, just more showy
what ever we choose is fine lets just get it going
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/12/03 12:38 AM
Yeah lets get this goin. How many people is in this?
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/13/03 12:49 AM
like I said I am in as long as it's good quality, does anyone remember if it was made from FG?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/13/03 08:04 PM
I was looking at another rear bumper. It is for a mustang, but might work for our cars. If someone wants to photoshop it here it is http://www.bodykits.org/cgi-bin/browse.pl?carname=Mustang&Submit=Go%21&by=car&cat=1 . Hope it works. I will try this link to make sure.
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/13/03 09:52 PM
I think we should stick with the rear on the blue mondeo. Just my opinion.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/14/03 04:06 PM
I think we should stick with the mondeo rear..I do like that mustang though
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/15/03 03:24 AM
OK......Here is the deal. I talked to the guys today about some of your questions. The kits are going to be made out of a high quality fiber glass. Shipping is COD. I need 50% of the deposits of all 10 kits before we can get them started. Once I have that the first kit will be made in 3-4 weeks. After that 1 kit will be made a week. Please let me know what you think. I need an exact count of everybody who is ready to this. Thank you
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/16/03 04:50 PM
Like I said before, I am in this. But It doesnt even look like we have 10 people.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/16/03 06:03 PM
i'm in, lets get it goin!
Which front/rear are we going with? Pre 96 mondeo front/ post 96 mondeo rear? which side skirts?
Johnny
Posted By: Crofty59 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/16/03 11:19 PM
everything that we at kaotic are making for the 98+ we are making for the pre98's and soon...after we get nirish's car out, we are taking his pre98 one in for the same treatment: widebody, hood, and kaotic spoiler. Hope you guys can hold out for pics and contact nyceboi and hellahydro or myself for info
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/16/03 11:32 PM
is this the same kit that they are doing with Nyceboi's car? With Hellahydro being the host of the group buy?
Posted By: onosway Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/16/03 11:35 PM
no it's not - we are doing the pre98 kit in about a month and can have them shipped in about two months or less from now.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/16/03 11:37 PM
but is that the kit that they are doing with your car but a different front end?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/17/03 03:23 AM
We have been hearing for the past year on how Kaotic is going to do a kit for 98+'s and pre 98's. Finally after a yr. you got the ones done for the 98+'s and you think you'll get the pre 98's in a couple of months. I don't see that happening. I don't know why you are trying to stop my g/b. I came up with some ideas along with a lot of other people and now its almost about time to see it done. If you want to start your own g/b on the pre 98's do so, but don't do it on my g/b. THANK YOU
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/17/03 03:31 AM
i didn't read other posts, but the more body kits made the better. though i do think if the 98+ hella kit gets shipped out soon, then pre98 will follow quickly b/c they just have to make the front.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/17/03 06:13 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have both kits available, Personally I have wanted the Mondeo kit ever since I owned my car and now to see it coming together is great. We have a small aftermarket for our cars, so the more the better
Posted By: onosway Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/17/03 07:58 PM
(chill pill) < take two and call me in the morning

(6 months bro)

sheesh...
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/17/03 08:44 PM
i have to agree with sweetride. this is a thread hijack if ever there was one. i am all for more kits, but not at the expense of someone elses thread.
Posted By: onosway Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/17/03 09:07 PM
oh gawd... I was just answering someone elses question. People get to butt hurt on this site. phhsstt.... thread hijack...
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/17/03 10:41 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm wasnt talking to you. butt hurt? hahahaaaa, i dont want to know what that is. of course, everyone wants as many kits as possible but they should start their own thread about it. sorry.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/18/03 05:30 PM
the other guy accidently posted in the wrong thread...oh well

its done with now
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/21/03 04:06 PM
So, whats going on with this group buy.....i want a kit..Throw me a bone here
Posted By: DanSVT02 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/21/03 04:45 PM
Seriously, i'm new here, but whatever you guys decide on, i'm more than likely in. Street racing is big here, and my car definately needs a body kit.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/21/03 10:42 PM
I see 3 really interested peeps. Unfortunately we need a total of 10. So get your friends and there friend and there friends all in this g/b and we will have these kits made. PLEASE.........I want a kit SOOOOOOOO BAAAAAADDDDDD
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/22/03 03:36 AM
Yeah I hear that. I have been wanting a kit for a while. Im interested for sure. Did we ever decide on a kit?
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/22/03 03:51 AM
Well, i think the majority of us like the mondeo kit but will accept anything that remotely resembles it...so i think we decided on it....did we
Posted By: MattB Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/22/03 04:02 PM
Ok so im finally interested in the black mondeo one and i have the money, so whats going on? i dont have a fast enough computer to read through the 26 pages....

So can we get an update on pricing and any final info???

Matt
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/22/03 07:18 PM
What he said
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/23/03 02:39 AM
It looks like 6 obsolutely positive people who want this kit. I need a for sure count though so all you people absolutely positive who want to do this please email me at m_denen@hotmail.com. This way I can get an accurate count for sure. It looks like we all agree on the black Mondeo front with the blue Mondeo rear. I have also been looking at some side skirts that I think will flow perfectly with the kit.
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/23/03 04:36 AM
i am out sorry guys. i am going with the post 98 swap and svt kit. there is just too many options now for the post 98 front end with the projector headlights and all. if this GB were to have been going a few months ago i would have been in no doubt. it has just taken too long. sorry and good luck to you.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/23/03 05:12 AM
you could count me as a maybe.

im definitely getting some type of kit but right now the hella kit is looking really promising to me right now.

i know it probably wouldn't be possible but for me to make a final decision I'd have to see a near finished product...cuz i don't wanna get in and then end up not liking it
Posted By: MattB Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/23/03 04:59 PM
Still more questions: Do the fog lights come with the kit? or do you have to buy them sperately?

So out of the 6 Defently which style kit do they want more? Maybe if we can get some definte plans in action more people will want to get in on it, i know i have the money and im just waiting to see pricing and kit and im down, im 80% sure im in depending on finally price and kit.

So can we narrow it down? The wife is letting me get in on this because we have to keep the car, but money doesnt come easy with a baby and other expenses, so if i can get exacts on this, the better off i am....

Kit?
Price?
Shipping?
Estimated finish date?

Thanks again.
Matt
Posted By: Contourox Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/23/03 06:04 PM
hey 1sweetride, thanks for the PM reply. So, it's going to be the black mondeo kit? 4 pieces all around? What would the sizing for the auxilary lights be? I guess 2 pairs of lights to add on top of the kit then.

Posted By: pnice Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/23/03 07:02 PM
i email u but im puttin' this here i'm down can u put a list of the people who is down so we can know how many r in this thanx
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/23/03 07:04 PM
I emailed, would also like to know how close we are from getting this together
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/25/03 12:50 AM
Hey, just me checking up on everything.I am trying to keep this thread toward the front of the list so people don't forget about it. Throw us a bone 1sweetride, don't want to be rude but if this kit isn't made then i am getting a 1998 Acura integra GSR instead..the fate of my contour is in your hands....Its either body kit, or GSR
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/25/03 04:09 AM
Alright guys I think we have enough to get this thing going. If I am correct this is the list I have in no specific order:
1.Pnice
2.DemonicTour
3.Ryno368
4.JonMason14
5.Tourman113
6.JohnnyHennesey
7.Blury
8.Gsto
9.Highline9
10.DamattMobile
11.DansSVT02
12.StealthWyvern (POSSIBLE)
13.Contourox (POSSIBLE)
14.Touring (POSSIBLE)
15.ZetecNinja (POSSIBLE)
16.ME 1SWEETRIDE
If I missed your name or your status has changed please let me know. For all you who are obsolutely ready email me at m_denen@hotmail.com. I will give you further directions after that. Also if the majority of us do not like all the lights on the kit I can have it made with no lights or just one. Let me know
Posted By: pnice Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/25/03 01:24 PM
lets start this up u have more then 10 i want just your normal to two fog lights if not i take it how it comes i just just want a freakin' kit already
Posted By: 96contourvb Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/25/03 01:38 PM
I can get the saleen kit (a copy) for cheap, I'm in the process of making the full body kit loking like the saleen 1999, any interest?
I'm in canada, so for the us people it will be verry cheap!

Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested, It is serious, no strange web site like you guys going, check if they REALLY made kit before sending money to those guys...

I'm pretty sure You will need to run offset mags to buy this kit cause it goes over the wing, but I will have to try it before.

I will make a full body kit for any interested, BUT I just want to make shure the one I will choose will be eazy to sell for almost everyone...
I like the Modeo kit also, give me your impressions!

Vince.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/25/03 03:26 PM
Ummmm, please try and get your group buy going with your own thread...1sweetride is trying to get his together here. more than one body kit for the pre-98 is great but you shouldn't try and butt in on anyone elses group buy.
Posted By: 96contourvb Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/25/03 04:46 PM
Sorry, I did not mean to do this, I though 1 sweetride just founded a web site that makes body kit and wanted people to buy from this compagny...

Anyway, I will start a new post, just don't get mad for little things like that, people that want to go with 1sweetride, go for it and be happy.

Regards
Vince.
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/25/03 04:51 PM
What are the side skirts going to look like?
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/25/03 08:02 PM
so are we gonna start? do you need a deposit? details?
Lets get this thing going
Posted By: Alphatour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/26/03 02:01 AM
I just finished reading all pages of this group buy....Why hasnt sweet checked in with prices and other main details? Call me weird, but things dont seem like they add up
, im not trying to be a d*ck but i dont want to be scammed out of my hard earned money
Alpha
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/26/03 06:03 PM
News? Deposit?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/26/03 07:25 PM
The prices on the kits are $695. Shipping is going to be paid COD. The deposits are going to be half up front with the other half needed at the end of the making of the kits. There is not a certain name of the side skirts I am going with. I have just been looking at some that will flow smoothly with the kit. They have been drawn on paper. I still have not had everyone ready to do this contact me. I can not go any further until I have the 10 people ready with 1/2 the deposits. Please contact me either through a PM, my email name or posting here on the g/b. Thank you
Posted By: pnice Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 02:39 PM
so we need to give up $347.50 hmmmmm give me an address via my email or a number to call and whats up with the cod will that be the shipping or the rest of the 347.50?
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 03:12 PM
True that......what he said
Posted By: auiotour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 03:29 PM
So we have pre98 front, some side skirts, and blue post 98 rear. of course mondeo. I am in, give me an address and you get the full payment.

Any chance of sideskirts like these on drerok's

Posted By: civic_smoker Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 03:44 PM
I see 3 really interested peeps. Unfortunately we need a total of 10. So get your friends and there friend and there friends all in this g/b and we will have these kits made. PLEASE.........I want a kit SOOOOOOOO BAAAAAADDDDDD

now you got 4 i need one too. if its less than $1,000, im in for sure.
Posted By: 97CS Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 04:04 PM
I've been trying to follow this thread, but it's damned near impossible. So, have you guys decided on a kit or what? I do show all, never have enough time to read it all, all I see are pictures of about 50 different kits. What's the deal?
Posted By: auiotour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 05:14 PM
Originally posted by 97CS:
I've been trying to follow this thread, but it's damned near impossible. So, have you guys decided on a kit or what? I do show all, never have enough time to read it all, all I see are pictures of about 50 different kits. What's the deal?

Okay, here it is I believe. I am not 100% on this but from what I have read from the GB Starter

Back Bumper

Front Bumper

A Photochop of what it will look like on a pre98. (front bumper).

If anyone can photochop the back bumper on toot hat would be great.

I am not sure what the sides will look like. I posted a pic a few posts up of what i would like but. I dont think it would go with the kit to well. I do like the blue mondeo side skirts from the above pictures. just wish we could add those square holes into them like in my picture.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 06:16 PM
from the photoshop, the SVT skirts don't look that bad, IMO, but I also like the blue ones as well
Posted By: auiotour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 06:34 PM
yea the blue ones are good. I just want that little whole in it. but kind facing backwards. so that I could install exhuast maybe.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 06:43 PM
I don't know how it would look, but even if you get normal sides, you could either cut holes in them, or cut off a piece on the end. If we do get the blue rear, then I want my exhaust thru there, I think it wold look pretty nice.
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 08:12 PM
So after the first deposit is made, how long do we have to pay the rest of it? I like the side skirts on the blue mondeo also.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 08:30 PM
I really hope this kit is made...Everyone has a different opinion on things...so it seems.. I really want to get this done...I really like both kits and i am sure that a lot more people than just me feel this way. We would get the kit faster if we all had the same outlook on both of the kits. So...we have the blue mondeo back....the black mondeo front....for now on...lets discuss the sideskirts....If we can all decide on these together and not discuss the other parts of the kit that are already decided on then we will get this thing done. I need this kit by the end of may.....I believe we have enough interested people... so now lets get the skirts sorted out!!!!
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 10:01 PM
I think most are going for the blue side skirts
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 10:03 PM
if I am not mistaken, both the Blue and black skirts look the same, and both look as though they would flow with both kits.
Just my 2cents
Johnny
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/28/03 10:03 PM
here is a better shot of the mondeo front
Posted By: outkast Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/29/03 02:07 AM
yes!I will be in on this group buy!I decided not to kit
the 98 and do the 96se.So lets do it!
MIKEY BOY!can you add a custom hood to that photo?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/29/03 06:04 AM
Ok....looks good. This is what I can see. We have decided to go with the blue rear and the black front of the Mondeo. I do like the skirts on the photoshop of the contour on page 28 of the g/b. Once I get the deposits of all 10 or more people the first kit will start to be made. That kit is going to take about 3 weeks. Once that kit prototype kit is done we will be making 1-2 kits a week. Once all 10 kits are made before shipping I will then need the rest of the deposits. Thank you
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/29/03 06:22 AM
Sounds good. Whatever side skirts we choose is cool with me but I do like the ones on the blue mondeo. Is there a number we can call and then an address to ship to? Kinda want to talk to you before I send a complete stranger all my money if you know what I mean.
Posted By: pnice Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/29/03 12:54 PM
yup we need ur number so u should pm or email those 10 people so we know how serious you are so i hope to see a pm soon from you so i can send the money and get this kit before i change my mine so pm asap or email asap
Posted By: auiotour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/29/03 02:45 PM
if I am not mistaken, both the Blue and black skirts look the same, and both look as though they would flow with both kits.
Just my 2cents
Johnny

I thought that too lol.

As for the address, PM Me, I will send you the full payment. Also, The sideskirts on pg 28, aren't chopped. they are on dreroks car. looks pretty sweet but dont know if they would slow well. doesn't look like it without some more molding added to it to give it the round shape of the front and rear bumper.
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/29/03 04:52 PM
how much of a deposit and to who?
Posted By: auiotour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/30/03 12:36 AM
..... uhhh...... whats going on here. i need an address to ship too. Or I might just go buy the one from europe and do i myself. I am kinda sick of waiting. [censored]. i think I just might. Then i can mod it on my own. lol
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/30/03 03:33 AM
Everyone who is trying to reach me you can reach me at m_denen@hotmail.com. I will then give you the info. on where to send the deposits. Thank you
Posted By: MattB Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/30/03 06:02 AM
Could we see this in a champagne metallic color? and some others angles in the same color?

If you have time...
Thanks
Matt

here is a better shot of the mondeo front

Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/30/03 07:18 PM
Well guys..i am out.....its taking too long and i tried to contact 1sweetride through the email adress he posted but it wouldn't work. I am going over to micah's group buy. At least his group buy doesn't seem like a scam in the making.And i know i can trust him because he has credibility. Sorry 1sweetride but i have to do whats best for me and my money.
Posted By: pnice Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 04/30/03 07:24 PM
im out to going to micah group buy
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/01/03 04:20 AM
Sounds like this is dying.... I emailed u sweetride havent had a response yet. We doin this or what?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/01/03 05:18 AM
I am sorry guys. I only read my emails once a day. That is usually around 9PM California time. This is when I get home from work. I think the reason you could not email me was the period at the end of my email address. It was supposed to be m_denen@hotmail.com . I need to know now what are the main concerns on this g/b? I am not collecting any money until I know I have the 10 for sure people ready to do this. There is no point sending me money that you have and then waiting for other people to pay. Waiting weeks for some one else to get there money straight. Once I have these 10 truely ready people I will start to take deposits. I cannot go any further without the number of people needed. I want this to happen as much as you do.....
Posted By: afboy Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/01/03 06:32 AM
which body kit are you going to end up going with i like a few of them and i will be in but not on some of those and find out about shipping to me i am in the military serving in the land of the great beer and the autobahn

bruce
96 contour gl
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/02/03 12:57 AM
This is the body kit we are trying to get made. http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=groupbuy&Number=109477&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=29&vc=1 This is what I found on shipping:
How Is My Order Shipped?
Orders are shipped using a variety of methods. Most lightweight orders like spoilers are shipped via USPS Priority Mail. Heavier and large items that cannot be shipped by these methods, such as BodyKits and Carbon Fiber Hoods, are shipped via freight ground (truck). We use various freight companies, determined by your location.

How Much Will It Cost?
The cost of shipping depends on your location and if the address is a business or residential location. For accurate quotes, we will need your postal/zip code. Residential locations are slightly higher than if we send it to a local business like your work, or a local bodyshop. We recommend shipping to a business address.

Within the Continental U.S. you can see the table below for an estimated schedule of shipping costs. Product Freight

*In CA Freight, please contact us.
*For Pick up, please call us in Advance
*MAIL ORDER ONLY, NO SHOWROOM

Outside CA
Complete Bodykits including Shipping and Handling
$135.00 EAST COAST to a Business
$165.00 EAST COAST to a Residential
$150.00 WEST COAST to a Business
$180.00 WEST COAST to a Residential

Please email us for shipping rates to Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, and Puerto Rico.

*All of our shipping rates include the large custom boxes required for shipping large items such as body kits and carbon fiber hoods.

When Will I Receive It?
Order are generally processed in 3-5 business days. Once your order is processed and shipped, it will take 7-14 business days to arrive. For larger orders, having the item shipped to a business address, such as a body shop, may help to speed up delivery.

International Orders
Canadian orders are accepted, however all other international orders are accepted on a limited basis. All international payments must be made in U.S. Dollars and it is the Buyer's responsibility to pay for any/all import tax duties.

Because of the high costs of shipping are no returns/refunds for International orders.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/02/03 03:15 AM
1sweetride check your PM's
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/02/03 03:59 AM
Let's go people!! Im ready to get this thing goin.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/02/03 05:01 AM
I have had 5 people contact me on my email. They are already sending there deposits. I saw previously that we had 14 people ready. Now that I need the deposits I only have five. Can this be correct? Where are those other 10 people? Please let me know. We are ready to do this who else is?
Posted By: MattB Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/02/03 06:13 AM
Will this kit be mass produced or will the kit always be around for purchas. Im not sure if i can get the whole deposit right this second

Matt
Posted By: deedum Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/02/03 04:54 PM
if somebody wants to post them
i will send some of my mondy with a body kit
(just wondering)
cheers
steve
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/02/03 08:36 PM
If I am correct this is the list I have in no specific order:
1.USMondeo (status please?)
2.DemonicTour (status please?)
3.Ryno368 (status please?)
4.JonMason14 (sending deposit)
5.Tourman113 (status please?)
6.JohnnyHennesey (sending deposit)
7.Blury (status please?)
8.Gsto (status please?)
9.Highline9 (status please?)
10.DamattMobile (status please?)
11.DansSVT02 (status please?)
12.MB (status please?)
13.Contourox (POSSIBLE)
14.Touring (POSSIBLE)
15.ZetecNinja (POSSIBLE)
16.ME 1SWEETRIDE (PAID)
If I missed your name or your status has changed please let me know. Now I need to know out of these names here who has or is sending me deposits? Thank you
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/04/03 05:13 PM
is there anyone else that is a yes? come on people lets get this thing going.
Johnny
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/05/03 05:44 AM
Where is all the people that were in on this? How many deposits have u received?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/06/03 05:16 AM
I was told on Fri. that I had 7 deposits being sent my way. I haven't received any yet as of today. I know it takes a few days to get mail from around the country. I will keep you posted. Thanks
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/08/03 02:40 AM
Has anyone tried to photoshop any pre 98s with the Mondeo front and back? If so can we post the pics? This will give us an idea of what this kit is going to look like on our cars. Thank you
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/10/03 04:33 AM
Are we still doin this?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/10/03 10:45 PM
That is the question???????? ARE WE STILL IN ON THIS?????
LET ME KNOW A.S.A.P. THANK YOU
Posted By: auiotour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/10/03 11:22 PM
i am out, sorry guys. doesn't seem like this GB is going anywhere, i know its not your fault 1sweetride, but doesn't seem to active, and I need parts soon. I am now in the process of buying parts. to fit my car.
Posted By: blury Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/11/03 12:08 AM
I am still in it will be just like 2 weeks before i can get the deposit togther(damn atx). C-mon i really really really want this kit lets keep it going.
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/11/03 09:20 PM
Yeah I really want this kit also. Im just worried about sending alot of money across the country.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/14/03 05:06 AM
SO WHAT HAPPENED GUYS?????? YOU ALL SAY YA LET'S DO THIS AND THEN WHAT??????? NOBODY WANTS TO PAY UP? I MEAN I GOT LIKE 4 DEPOSITS OUT OF THE WHAT 15 PEOPLE THAT SAID "LETS DO THIS". THIS IS WHY THERE IS HARDLY ANYTHING FOR OUR CARS. NOBODY WANTS TO STEP UP AND TAKE A CHANCE. SO TO YOU PEOPLE WHO CAN'T STEP UP AND TAKE A CHANCE I SAY THANKS FOR NOTHING. YOU GET ALL OUR HOPES UP AND THEN BAHM SLAM THEM DOWN.
Posted By: 97CS Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/14/03 05:15 AM
I can understand your frustration I suppose...but typing in all caps isn't a great way to express it, nor is the lack of commas.
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/14/03 06:34 AM
I plan on sending my deposit soon but I dont know if there is a point in doin it since we only have 4 people.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/14/03 09:44 AM
your best bet is to individually e-mail everyone that you have on your list and see whats up

instead of waiting for them to come to you...go to them.
Posted By: blury Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/14/03 05:48 PM
I told you my problem right now. I WILL SEND THE DEPOSIT but like i said $1,200.00 for new tranny kinda of killed my cash flow for a couple of weeks.Ill put it to you this way i will sell this damn car if cant get this kit. Thats how much i want it.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/14/03 06:03 PM
I plan on sending my deposit soon but I dont know if there is a point in doin it since we only have 4 people.

Actually that would be 5 people, I got a wrong address, and finally got it resent out to him
Johnny
P.S.
Come on people lets try to keep this thing alive.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/15/03 04:47 PM
I think the reason most people are backing out is because of the lack of progress shown by the person who started this group buy.....don't get pissy at the people who are carefull with their money. Thats why i got out of this group buy...because its unorganized. Heck, micah is already making his bumpers......he has even given a date to which the last bumpers will be shipped. And its not even a month a way. Yeah, he already has the mold made but still, he answers everyones questions everyday and has actually given due dates and deadlines so that people know when they have to have thier money in. As opposed to "hey turn in your money to me and when i get ten payments i will start the group buy"....thats retarded and unsafe at the same time.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/16/03 01:18 AM
I could never tell you a for sure date on when these would be finished because I would need a for sure date on when they would start first. I could not even go to the guys and start the kits until I had the 10 deposits in my hand. Sometimes its easier for someone like you to just back out of something or try to trash something going on just because you dont have the FUNDS to have it yourself. TRY TAKING A CHANCE AND THINGS WILL START TO BE MADE FOR OUR CARS.......stop complaining and STEP UP AND TAKE A CHANCE.
Posted By: blury Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/16/03 02:42 AM
I agree with you both to an extent. There are hunders of these cars I see more than i can count every day around here. Im also seeing alot more with mods. I think these cars could take off, but the only pepole pushing for products are the pepole here. The pepole here seem to have lack luster view on modding there cars. If these were hondas, there would already be focus zetec conversions and any mazda motor that might work done. I dont think the average tour owner is really all that into it. It just seems like that although they like there cars they want somthing else. Maybe somthing easier to mod. Thats not were i come from so im like HELL YEAH at everything new i see. just my 2 cents.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/16/03 03:15 AM
I agree
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/16/03 04:53 AM
I appreciate it guys. Not only now do we have these carbon fiber hoods being made, but we have a chance now to have body kits for our cars. Seee I have alot of contacts of people who can do a lot for our cars. The problem is if I keep asking them to do this and do that. They just like me are getting tired. I am working on a cold air intake for contours, I am working on custom headers for our cars and I am even looking at getting some clear corners for the rear for our cars. I have a lot of contacts to do this, but I don't see the reason to even try to make this happen because it just makes me look like a FOOL in front of my friends. I appreciate those people out there that are trying to help people like me who just want our cars to look GREAT.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/16/03 04:36 PM
I agree with you.....i want stuff for our cars too. My point was that some people can't wait months for a body kit to get finished because money comes and goes.....Don't get me wrong, i am not thrashing or bashing(however you referred to it as) I am just saying what i think other people are thinking. I think that a lot of people are excited about this body kit but many are thinking to themselves "this is taking a while....and no word of progress yet from anyone "
Posted By: blury Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/16/03 08:38 PM
I alos think if there was a living prototype that you could get picture of would speed this up considreably. Ive notcied the other kits buy's have prtotypes to show.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/16/03 10:47 PM
The photoshop pictures of the kit on the cars is what it is going to look like. I can't get any more specific than that.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/17/03 02:13 AM
Originally posted by blury:
I alos think if there was a living prototype that you could get picture of would speed this up considreably. Ive notcied the other kits buy's have prtotypes to show.

they aren't prototypes they're nearly finished products...and just like this group buy there were no "real" pictures until the kit neared completion.

also the other group buys were never started til deposits were made...and even after that they've taken over a year to complete their product

things take time but they cannot even be started if he doesn't get the amount of people he needs. this group buy is no different from any other...

with that said...I've already stated my status on this GB.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/17/03 04:51 AM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
Originally posted by blury:

they aren't prototypes they're nearly finished products...and just like this group buy there were no "real" pictures until the kit neared completion.

also the other group buys were never started til deposits were made...and even after that they've taken over a year to complete their product

things take time but they cannot even be started if he doesn't get the amount of people he needs. this group buy is no different from any other...

with that said...I've already stated my status on this GB.

couldn't have said it better my self
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/20/03 08:10 AM
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/21/03 05:46 AM
Still need to know who has sent there deposits or who plans to. Thank you
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/31/03 05:53 AM
so anything new? how amny more deposits do we need?
Posted By: auiotour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 05/31/03 09:51 PM
wow by the time I get a job, i might still be able to jump in. lol, but for now I am looking for a 95 se mtx so I can get rid of my atx.
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/05/03 04:34 PM
i have sent my deposit. how many more do u need?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/05/03 08:34 PM
I think hes at 7...unless some people have sent in deposits during this long time frame...
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/06/03 03:38 AM
mike holla back at us
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/06/03 05:03 AM
I now have a total of 8. I just received 2 more deposits today. You know it's funny. I am getting more support from people I just meet on the street with contours than I am from the contour people here. I have had 2 people here send me there deposits and 2 promise too in the next few weeks. It is weird that I had at least 15 people say they wanted to do this and yet only 4 are keeping their word. I just hope I can get the 10 needed. Either some more will help on this website or I will have to find more people out there with contours.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/06/03 05:15 AM
in about a month or so from now I'm getting a body kit no matter what...I don't know whats gonna be available but I'm gettin something...hopefully this one will be started so I can have some ideas on how it will look.
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/06/03 03:43 PM
come on people lets get this rollin we only need two more people. it is not every day that we get a chance to get a kit that looks different from the svt. i am glad i am going to be one of ten people with this kit and probably the only one in florida and 695 shipped is a great price
Posted By: auiotour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/07/03 12:30 AM
sorry man, i spent all my money and school. I need to finish college. more important. I was gonna buy the kit but I just need to finish college
Posted By: princessluna Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/07/03 12:31 AM
so to bug ya, but how much $$$ do ya need for the deposit?
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/07/03 01:41 AM
deposit is 347.50
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/08/03 08:46 PM
Come on people. We are sooooo close to getting these kits. I just need a total of 10. Is that sooooooo hard????? $695 for a complete kit that only 10 of us would have compared to $425 just for a front bumper that 50 or more people will have. I mean if we just get the 10 needed that means that in each city or state some of you are in you would be the only contour with this kit. If you do shows that's extra points for customization. If you don't do shows then just look at it as you have a very unique kit and there's only a few other people with it. Just my 2 cents worth. Maybe some of you would take it in too consideration. Until then......
Posted By: highline9 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/08/03 11:10 PM
Calling all CEG'ers. Let's go, everyone wanted pre 98 kits, here it is. Let's get this underway.
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/09/03 12:45 AM
thats what i am saying we only need like 2 more people for a very unique kit. LETS GO PEOPLE!!!
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/09/03 09:56 PM
ok where are those 2 lucky cegers that want a pre 98 kit that is only 1 of 10?
Posted By: princessluna Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/10/03 06:34 PM
Alright check this out. I get paid tommorow then i get paid on the 25th, I could split the money between my pay checks, if ya all are willing to wait that long...
Posted By: princessluna Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/10/03 06:36 PM
Actually if you want, I could send you 1/2 of the deposit this week then you'll recieve the other 1/2 around the 25th...
So kinda like a down payment on my down payment...
Posted By: princessluna Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/10/03 07:02 PM
Oh F**K!!!! I just realized I gotta pay some bills off that are going to wipe me out!
God damn it!

My bad, I'm sorry you guys, I hate being an adult!
Sorry to get anyone's hopes up.

Hopefully in the future I'll be able to get one.
Good luck!
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/12/03 02:00 AM
Have you talked to your guys and asked them if they could do it with 8 deposits?
Posted By: alibies Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/13/03 11:30 AM
id be in but i dont have the $$ it sucks to be me... lets start a fund

The money for Brads 96 contour gl sport fund
send $ to 4519 updikerd centerburg ohio 43011
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/14/03 04:57 PM
Have you talked to your guys and asked them if they could do it with 8 deposits?

they probably could but then we would have to send in more money.
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/16/03 05:32 AM
so, what is the final decision on which style will be made?

Ben
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/16/03 06:54 AM
We already decided on that. Its the Mondeo kit.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/16/03 11:45 AM
dont want to change the subject on this topic but check your info before you post something. 50 or more? I would like to know how you came up with that number. I havent sold enough to even cover one in half the states of the US. hell I havent even sold 20, so before you go on about something check what you are talking about is real, and try to treat your GB people a little better with out them you wouldnt even be here talking about it.

Micah
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/16/03 02:08 PM
i am not trying to cause trouble,but i dont think he is being rude or mean to any of us. at points he has just gotten frustrated with this. and i know you of all people would know how that is micah.i mean he is trying to get a totally different look for our cars and we are almost there.

hey mike how much more would it cost if you did this with 8 people?
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/17/03 04:51 PM
Well.....Holding at 7 deposits received. Come on guys/girls only 3 more needed!!!!! That's not hard is it. You know you want it LETS GO!!!!!!!
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/17/03 08:31 PM
Ok....Here is an update of what I have. From the CEGers I have 3 deposits. One from Ryno368. One from Johnny Hennessy. One from JonMason. The other 4 are from people I have just met while going to shows and driving around towns. What happened to all those true CEGers that said "Let's get this thing....I'm in"? Again, like I said before out of 15 people on this site only 3 are dedicated to doing something for us contour people. I know there is a couple of you that said in a month or so you will have the money and that is understandable, but at least we could have 10 already paid so we can get this project started. I am not trying to offend anyone I am just sooooooooooo frustrated. I can go out and buy any kit that I thought would look good to me and have it molded and put on my car, but instead I am trying not to be selfish and let 10-15 more people in on this. The reason I say that number is I only am going to have that many kits made. I don't want a bunch of people with our custom kits. So lets go people and do something for your cars instead of just saying "I wish my car looked like that or I wish I had that". Now here's your chance. ........................MIKE D
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/18/03 12:36 AM
come on people let's get this going. this is a once in a life time thing.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/18/03 07:02 AM
just a question but how exactly are these going to be made for our cars? are you just going to import a mondeo kit then chop it up to fit our cars...then make a mold out of that or what?
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/21/03 03:46 AM
sorry guys but after my car being totalled I am going to have to pull out of this GB. I am so sorry, I really wanted this kit.
Johnny
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/21/03 07:25 AM
Sorry to about your car, glad you made it ok. Looks like we will never get our 10. Mine as well start sending money back.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/21/03 09:22 AM
sorry guys but after my car being totalled I am going to have to pull out of this GB. I am so sorry, I really wanted this kit.
Johnny

damn your car was totaled?!? wow.

man, i really wish there was someone I could help out...I wanna see something go into production but I got no $$$
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/22/03 12:11 AM
A new deal has occured. I know we have been working very hard to get these kits. I was close to the 10. I had 6 for sure with a guy who kept telling me he would be sending the money everyday now for about 2 weeks. Anyway I have been talking to a new company about doing this kit. He has told me that we can get these things done with 7 people. I am working on getting the price lower than $695. For you guys that have sent me deposits already let me know what you think. With this new kit also it is only going to take about 2 weeks to start and finish the kit. Which means we will have it a lot sooner. I am still accepting deposits. These guys are finishing a post 98 next weekend and we are going to fit that one on the pre 98 which is mine to see what things we are going to have to change on the front. Come on guys/girls this is the chance now. Instead of the 10 we only need 7. Thank you
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/22/03 08:44 AM
What's this kit goin to look like? I really want that Mondeo kit.
Posted By: 97CS Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/22/03 08:46 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see it first.
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/22/03 05:14 PM
yeah will it still be the mondeo kit or will it be a different one? ill still be in no matter what probably
Posted By: jon_mason14 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/24/03 05:11 AM
??????
Posted By: Josch_dup1 Re: pre 98 contour body kits - 06/24/03 02:16 PM
Hmm, forking all your money out on something that you don't even have any idea what it'll look like on your car? That seems kinda crazy to me
© CEG Archives