Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I am getting a local shop to make these for us. We will need atleast 15 orders of each pulley to get this going.

P/S pulley lightened and underdriven $70
Alternator pulley lightened and underdriven $55

These pulleys are going to be in anodized blue.

The only thing I am not sure of at this moment is am I going to have to pay taxes on these or not.

I will find out the right belt and include it at whatever the belt costs or give the part number out for people that would like to purchase it themselves.

if u offer them in several colors or unanodized so people can paint them whatever they want, i think it'll help to increase interest. i know i wouldn't want blue.
I can check on that but it will probably increase the cost

What color do you want it to be?

thanks
In reply to:

Alternator pulley lightened and underdriven $55

Like I said on Fastcougar.com Im in for one if they are blue. Also how much for all three together?
I would take them unanodized......
duratec or zetec?
MarkusSVT- I think(just gotta confirm with the shop) the color options are going to be Red, Blue and Polished... So I think you would want to go with the polished one?

Kremithefrog- These are for the Duratec's
I would like to purchase both pulleys, polished. One question though, what will shipping be like, since its coming from CAN?
cant afford to get them now. it was simply a friendly suggestion.
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
I can check on that but it will probably increase the cost

What color do you want it to be?

thanks

How about "clear" anodized?

Count me in for both (P/S and Alternator)

Polished (probably same color as clear anodized!)

will be pay in can, so give PM me the exact amount.

Simon-Pierre
Chris Arslanyan - I don't think shipping will that much. But I will check and let you know soon

dion - By polished I meant clear anodized
Originally posted by hmouta:
if u offer them in several colors or unanodized so people can paint them whatever they want, i think it'll help to increase interest. i know i wouldn't want blue.

Why?

Folks. The alternator on the Duratec is in a location that will NEVER be seen by anyone.

Unless you plan on leaving your car up on jack stands with the driver side wheel removed and both splash guards taken off...

Color is irrelevant!
i'm pretty interested but like can you do some dyno pulls on some prototypes? I'd be in fo sho if you had some proven gains
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by hmouta:

Why?

Folks. The alternator on the Duratec is in a location that will NEVER be seen by anyone.

Unless you plan on leaving your car up on jack stands with the driver side wheel removed and both splash guards taken off...

Color is irrelevant!

Don't forget the P/S pulley!
I if these are Canadian prices count me in. I live in oshawa. so can i get a full price For both.

You KNOW I'm in for this Nima!!! I hope those are CDN prices too...
SpeedDemon- Unfortunetly I am not gonna be able to do any dyno runs on the prototype. There is not gonna be a huge power increase but realisticly I would expect something around 2-4hp and an improvement in the revebility.

Jeff, the prices are in US dollars
Here is the Canadian pricing;
Alternator $85 CAD
P/S $110 CAD

thanks for the response... $125 USD is not bad at all.... how much can we expect for cross border shipping? Also i know the alt is a major pain the back, how hard will it be to put a pulley on there, and the ps ?
How much does it cost to have these installed?
in for the blue set of pulleys...they'll go nicely on the 3.0

i bought front rotors n pads from ctamotorsports in canadia and i think shipping was like 30 bucks...so these pulleys shouldn't cost much at all to ship

i would expect to pay somewhere around 100 bucks or so for install ...my belts cost me 77.00
$125 plus shipping. That's pretty darn good! Just say when.
Are you going to include any install tips?
I'll have to remind myself to read the GB forum from now on.
I think I want these.

Can I still use my DMD?
Yup you can still your DMD
I'm down
Derk2000 - I'll try to get some install tips when its all ready
common guys 5 more people and its ready to go, I am waiting to get Approved on the NECO GB section to be able to post
Count me in for 1 blue alternator pulley. Also wondering the diameter of the p/s pulley. Thanks.
The p/s pulley would be around 13% bigger, any bigger it would touch the motor mount
What's the % on the Alt pulley?
20% on alternator
My question is does this sacrific engine life? Cuz I've heard the U/D pulleys are a bad idea...I have a DMD! I car about performance that doesn't hurt my girl!

Uhmmmm....
yeah...these are for the alternator and the power steering pump. shouldn't affect engine life. somebody please correct me if I am wrong.
Originally posted by mcgainer:

Uhmmmm....

This is not a crank pulley

Its a p/s and alternator pulley which has nothing to do with your crank pulley
Originally posted by Contouring:
My question is does this sacrific engine life? Cuz I've heard the U/D pulleys are a bad idea...I have a DMD! I car about performance that doesn't hurt my girl!

Its doesn't sacrifice engine life
It actually longens your alternator and p/s life

Here you can read up on it

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=75483&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1
Well if it "longens" accesory life, I guess I would be in...

I am worried about the 20% underdrive on the alt, for the stereo wielding people...anyone know how many amps are produced by the alt at idle? I'd like to see what 20% less would be, and check for amperage requirements (can anyone say rear defroster?)

A very cool idea though, I have been wanting these for a while...
Originally posted by mangler:
1. I am worried about the 20% underdrive on the alt, for the stereo wielding people...
2. anyone know how many amps are produced by the alt at idle? I'd like to see what 20% less would be, and check for amperage requirements (can anyone say rear defroster?)

1. Yes at idle with your noise pollution thumping it may pose a problem.
However with all the extra weight of the equipment & subsequent tremendous strain on the electrical system maybe you shouldn't be worried about underdriving your alternator for performance or alternator longevity in the first place.
I would not recommend one to anyone with a large stereo setup. For that matter I would also recommend you upgrade a few or your current components as well (battery, alternator, extra capacitors, etc) You know; the normal stuff needed on any vehicle pushing any serious wattage. Not doing so is just inviting component failure.

2. It doesn't work that way. 20% slower revolutions does not equate to 20% less amperage output.
The stock alternator puts out 50-70amps at idle. (load dependant of course) At ~2000 rpm it can exceed 100amps.
It's rated at 140amps, but definitely can exceed that under heavy load and enough rpm to sustain it. (10-20% safety factor) Regularly exceeding it's "rated" amperage with shorten it's life. (why large stereos eat alternators & batteries)

With this pulley the only time you may notice a draw on your electrical system is at idle with everything running. The battery plays a large factor in this as well since it is used as a backup supply when the demand exceeds the alternator's output.

Personally I never saw a problem with a ~13% UD alternator pulley and the stock battery. With the dyna-batt (40% the reserve time) I have seen the headlights dim. However only when the idle drops below 700rpm (basically when coming to a stop with the clutch in) & I have everything (head & driving lights, radio, blower, brake lights, etc) running. With the driving lights & blower off it never does it. Above 700rpm (or at idle) it never does it regardless.
I'm in for a P/S pulley for sure.

BTW, check your PM's Nima, it is regarding a PM you had sent to me earlier!

Thanks,
Any updates? I'm itchin' to mod!
Its gonna be very soon
The question marks are for the people who didn't say which color. If there is anything else wrong with the list let me know
Just need 1-2 more people to get this going!

CATerina - Alt
MarkusSVT - Alt, p/s, polished
Chris Arslanyan - Alt, p/s, polished
SPGVT - Alt, p/s, polished
CougarDemon - Alt, p/s, polished
My SVT - Alt, p/s ??
Alquistador Alt, p/s ??
J-Lab Alt, P/s ??
gdub520 Alt, P/s blue
Derk2000 Alt,P/s
nyceboi Alt, P/s
Baby SHO Alt polished
mangler Alt, P/S ??
Krafty P/S ??

Total 13 Alt 12 P/S

Polished is fine by me.
if it makes no difference i'll go with the blue...but if it makes for extra work or any other kind of problem i will take the polished alt/ps pulleys along with the rest of the group
any update avail???
Just waiting for 1 more person to get on this deal

With me included we have a total of 14 on the p/s pulleys

Just 1 more and I am gonna start collecting payments to get the shop to do it
Just waiting for 1 more person to get on this deal

With me included we have a total of 14 on the p/s pulleys

Just 1 more and I am gonna start collecting payments to get the shop to do it

If I get the P/S pulley, will that get it started? If so, I want a P/S pulley "polished". What's the turn around time? I need this ASAP.....my car goes in at the first of the year for a 3.0 hybrid conversion.
I'll try to go in tommorow and ask them about it, but it won't be until tommorow afternoon when my exam is over

They told me before that it would take 2 weeks to make all of them. (I'll just double check and try to get a real day since the holidays just got in this)

The other thing is I miss counted the list there was only 13 for p/s pulleys including me, if you want 1 too it would be 14 people, I am willing to pay for one more to get this started and hopefully someone would be willing to buy it from me later on

My brain isn't working properly right now if anything I wrote doesn't make sense please excuse me
I'll try to go in tommorow and ask them about it, but it won't be until tommorow afternoon when my exam is over

They told me before that it would take 2 weeks to make all of them. (I'll just double check and try to get a real day since the holidays just got in this)

The other thing is I miss counted the list there was only 13 for p/s pulleys including me, if you want 1 too it would be 14 people, I am willing to pay for one more to get this started and hopefully someone would be willing to buy it from me later on

My brain isn't working properly right now if anything I wrote doesn't make sense please excuse me

My brain isn't working either, I don't need the P/S pulley, I need the ALT pulley...sorry...I have a SHOshop P/S pulley already.

So, how many more pieces need to be spoken for before this can get off the ground? I want to change out my generator and put the new pulley on at the same time. Less pain, if done once. Also, what is the turnaround time, after we have all fully paid?
Well, we have 16 for Alternator and we just need 1 more person for the P/S

I just tried contacting the shop and they were close (couldn't get out of my exam early on friday either)
What they told me before was it would take 2 weeks to make them all. So when I receive all the payments they will start (if they are not closed because of holidays of course)

Does anyone know if I send money to my bank account through paypal do I get charged in any way?

Anyways, sorry about not being able to update this often (damn exams, but they are now over WOHOOO)
If we can't get one more person I'll try to put in the money for it to get it going
Here is the updated list again,

Let me know if I made any mistakes on it

CATerina - Alt
MarkusSVT - Alt, p/s, polished ??
Chris Arslanyan - Alt, p/s, polished
SPGVT - Alt, p/s, polished
CougarDemon - Alt, p/s, polished
My SVT - Alt, p/s ??
Alquistador Alt, p/s ??
J-Lab Alt,p/s ??
gdub520 Alt, P/s blue
Derk2000 Alt,P/s
nyceboi Alt, P/s
Baby SHO Alt polished
mangler Alt, P/S ??
Krafty P/S polished
Skeletor Alt, P/s blue
dion Alt

myself alt, p/s

TOTAL
16 Alt 14 p/s
Well, we have 16 for Alternator and we just need 1 more person for the P/S

I just tried contacting the shop and they were close (couldn't get out of my exam early on friday either)
What they told me before was it would take 2 weeks to make them all. So when I receive all the payments they will start (if they are not closed because of holidays of course)

Does anyone know if I send money to my bank account through paypal do I get charged in any way?

Anyways, sorry about not being able to update this often (damn exams, but they are now over WOHOOO)
If we can't get one more person I'll try to put in the money for it to get it going

Yes there is a fee if you upgrade your PayPal service. I have since I buy and sell lots and use PP to fund/receive payment. The fee isn't too bad, something like 1-3%, but it still takes away from the profit. So, if we pay you via PayPal, you have to account for the fees, so you don't get stuck!

The sooner, the better!
Just an update,
I went to the shop to talk today and they were closed today too (lazy people ) I will go on wednesday but I suspect they are gonna be closed,

I'll try to get all the final details and start collecting the money hopefully by friday

thanks
Woo-hoo! Just in time for me to install the new alternator.
yup i'd like this to get movin too...get this payment outta the way so i can beg borrow and deal for the duckets to get the msds headers....
i am good for both polished.......
I would like to get in on this towards the end of January. Sorry I havn't read through the whole post. When I'm back from vacation I'll look at it more. I'm still in for both.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Final Info for Pullies! - 01/02/03 07:59 PM
I just got all the info for this GB I have some good news and some bad news

The bad news is that we have to pay tax on these things The good news is I have a diplomat friend which only pays 8% tax instead of the 15% So I can get him to show his card and get it at 8% tax.

If everyone is still willing to go through with this I got the shipping costs figured out I checked with FedEx and the MailBoxes etc near me told me they only do next day air . So I went to CanadaPost and it would cost right about $10-$11's and I am thinking the box and things to put inside for them to reach in 1 piece should cost about $2... (this is for the people in the states) The people that are in Canada would have to give me their postal code for an exact price (your more than welcome if you want to come and pick it up)

I was told today that the pullies will be made in a maximum of 2 weeks from the day that I place the order, and to keep the costs down it will be made in only 1 color which is going to be clear anodized (same as polished) since more people want it that way

You can send a money order or paypal me at rpm15500@hotmail.com When making a payment please include your name, address and what it is for and your nickname on CEG.

Thanks!
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/03/03 12:50 AM
Ok, for the slow people like me (still working off the New Year's hangover...) How much do we send you for both the PS & alt pulleys?
Posted By: Slimshady Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/03/03 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy:
Ok, for the slow people like me (still working off the New Year's hangover...) How much do we send you for both the PS & alt pulleys?

Still hungover???
Well send me $1000.00 and i'll get the parts for ya

IM me punkazz
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/03/03 04:35 AM

For the both pullies it comes upto $148 including shipping and the tax.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/03/03 05:19 AM

For the both pullies it comes upto $148 including shipping and the tax.

Great...I'm sending a PayPal payment to you!

Edit: Before I do that, have you worked out the belt situation as well? Does the fee include the belt? If not, do you have a p/n for us so we can purchase the belt?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/03/03 05:25 AM
I will get the p/n for the belt as soon as I get these made and put it on I will then probably have the option to include it as extra if anybody wants it instead of going out and getting it themselves
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/03/03 07:08 AM
Here is the new Paypal address since I had trouble with the other one tribo99@hotmail.com

Sorry about the confusion

***EDIT: Just fixed up everything both tribo99 and rpm15500 emails should work right now (hopefully) ***
I would like to be in on this, sent you a PM with a question, 98Black.
Posted By: mi5pal Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/04/03 05:17 PM
I would be interested in an alternator pulley. Is it too late to get into the group buy? If not, how much would the total be to have it shipped to the US (CA)?

Thanks Miguel
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/04/03 06:24 PM
Nope its not late, it comes to 72.40 with all the costs included.

Posted By: RodneyBur Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/04/03 11:04 PM
Do you have any pics of this??? are they still available?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/04/03 11:31 PM
They are going to be made as soon as I receive all the payments, hence they are not made at this time. (The costs of producing 1 unit is very high thats the reason we are having a groub buy on this).

Basically it will look like any other pulley made out of aluminum and bigger than the stock ones.

Its not too late if you want to join the group buy
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/05/03 12:30 AM
Ok. I'm in on this. I want both of them. I will pay pal you as soon as you want just let me know via a pm or email.

RodneyBur@msn.com

Also I'm looking for SVT UIM if anyone knows where I can get one at. Reall really need one. Shoot me an email.
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/05/03 04:26 AM
questions..... i'm sorry but can someone explain the uses of both of them? and the pro and cons on these pullies!? i don't want to buy someting that i don't know if my car will benfit from? thanks guys
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/05/03 04:45 AM
Here is some info for the pulleys.

Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/05/03 05:16 AM
where?????
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/05/03 08:30 AM
I really thought I put up the link

Here it is!

Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/05/03 03:13 PM
Payment has been sent Nimo....... Let me know whats goin on.... Thanks for the Kick A$$ deal!!!!
Posted By: mi5pal Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/05/03 08:09 PM
I just sent you the payment via pay-pal to the tribo99 address for the alt. pulley. Let me know when the pulley will be sent over.

Thanks,
Miguel
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/05/03 09:13 PM
Originally posted by mi5pal:
I just sent you the payment via pay-pal to the tribo99 address for the alt. pulley. Let me know when the pulley will be sent over.

Thanks,
Miguel

Miguel I just pm'd you

To everyone else that wants to use a credit card in their paypal payments please add 2.9% and send it over to benzedrine@sympatico.ca. You can send all other payments to tribo99@hotmail.com

Thanks
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/07/03 04:04 AM
I just sent a PP for $148! Woo-hoo! Let's get the ball rolling.

Nima, can you post a count/list of all people that have paid?

Thanks again!
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/07/03 09:27 AM
sorry to do this but it looks like im out of this group buy...the msds headers group buy seems to finally be getting off the ground and i need to save as much as i can right now

lot of great group buys going on...its just too bad that everyone had the idea of scheduling so many of them so close together

again my appologies
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/08/03 08:14 AM
pm sent 96black
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/09/03 03:15 AM
Upto now I got 4 paypal payments and 3 people which said they were going to mail out their checks...

Anyhow, the faster I get the payments the faster the sooner they are gonna be made
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/09/03 03:22 PM
c'mon people... i want my pullies..... hahahahaha
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/10/03 05:16 AM
pm'd you!
I needed a few more bucks in my paypal account. 3-4 business days, and I'll paypal you.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/10/03 08:55 AM
back in for both pullies...will send partial pymt as per your pm to 96black

thanks for your efforts on this
Posted By: mi5pal Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/11/03 12:29 AM
Nima,
Just sent the $74.57 to the benzedrine address via pay-pal. That was approximately a 3% mark-up. Let me know when it's sent.
Thanks,
Miguel
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/11/03 10:35 AM
Any update on this??

I'm still waiting on getting the money into my paypal account. As soon as it is in I will paypal.

Have the parts been ordered yet? How's it llooking?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/11/03 04:31 PM
Rodney,
The parts are all ready, the machine shop has everything needed to make everything its just a matter of me paying them all the money to get them made.

So when all the payments come in its gonna be made

The payments are starting to come in slowly I have received PM's from most of the people upto now.

Thanks
Nima

Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/11/03 04:51 PM
Nima,

How many are we still waiting on?? How many have u recieved??
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/12/03 04:04 PM
I have received 5 payments in total right now. There is a lot of people that have msged me telling me its on its way. And a couple more who sent out their payments by mail.

I haven't heard anything back from CATerina or CougarDemon. I can't even find the post about CougarDemon

Thanks
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/14/03 01:39 PM
Bumpity bump
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/14/03 04:21 PM
Just got 1 more payment in the mail yesterday.

C'mon guys lets get this going... I havent received a response from CATerina I have sent emails and PM's no response at all but I see him posting on NECO...

Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/14/03 04:30 PM
so how many more do we need till these get made????
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/16/03 04:01 PM
Hello????!!!!
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/16/03 04:53 PM
Sorry about the late reply

Here is the list of people I am still waiting to get the payments from:

CougarDemon
My SVT
Alquisatador
Gdub520
Skeltor
J-Lab
Mangler
CATerina
nyceboi(I'm gonna chip in for him and get the payment later on)

I have received 9 payments in total
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/16/03 05:04 PM
so before we get anything made, we have to wait for the rest of these payments????
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/16/03 05:49 PM
Correct, as stated previously in this thread.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/16/03 05:57 PM
SHIGHT!!!!!
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/16/03 06:40 PM
I don't think it would take that long, I am predicting that I will be going in this monday to start this going, I have heard back from most of the people. There is only 2 people that never replied (I will go through with out them since a couple of other people joined the GB)

Thanks
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/16/03 06:41 PM
thank you very much!!! <---- this guy is excited again..
Posted By: My SVT Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/17/03 03:23 AM
Hey pm you just need to know where to send the money. Just pm back THANKS
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/17/03 05:36 AM
Sorry about the late reply

Here is the list of people I am still waiting to get the payments from:

CougarDemon
My SVT
Alquisatador
Gdub520
Skeltor
J-Lab
Mangler
CATerina
nyceboi(I'm gonna chip in for him and get the payment later on)

I have received 9 payments in total

WooHoo! I'm not on that list anymore.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Final Info for Pullies! - 01/19/03 08:25 AM
i hope to be off this list and on the paid list after next week
Yeah, another dumb question. Is it still possible to get in on this gb?
Yup its still possible to get in on the GB.

The more the better

Thanks
So that's gonna be $125.00 US plus whatever for shipping plus whatever for canadian sales tax plus whatever for paypal... my head hurts. What amount do I make a money order out for, and where do I mail it, made out to whom? For both pulleys.
The total comes upto $148

I will PM you my address like I did to all the people that wanted to send the payment by mail
(the only reason I don't want to put it up is because the last time I put a phone number up on a thread some woman came up to the montreal meet with a list of names and phone numbers... it was definetly weird, at least she had a mystique )
BTW, I didn't get a chance to go to the shop today since I had a class since 5:30

I will try my best to go in tommorow
Keep us updated!
Did you ever find out what belt these will use?
in the words of b2k...BUMP BUMP BUMP
Sorry for the delay

Tommorow is the day (no school)

Baby SHO - I haven't found out the belt size yet since they are not made (payments came in a bit slow)

Tommorow I will be placing the order
Sorry for the delay

Tommorow is the day (no school)

Baby SHO - I haven't found out the belt size yet since they are not made (payments came in a bit slow)

Tommorow I will be placing the order

W3rd! We are waiting, impatiently!!
im expecting to send at least half of the payment to u 96, i get paid today and should be able to get a m.o. in the mail for u before the end of the weekend...i have a shitload of things pay for or i would send the entire pymt due

please pm me with your mailing address again
Guys please don't shoot me for saying this but it takes 5-7 days for the money in my paypal account to go in my bank account

Hopefully it would be a bit faster then that. I wish I had some money on the side that I could just give as the deposit right now but I need at least 50% and its not the best time of the year.

I received two more payments in the mail today thats a good thing

Anyhow I'll try to get the shop to do our work a bit faster since this paypal thing came up.

My apologies,
Nima
Thanks again for your doing this, Nima. I put a $148 money order in the mail TODAY to be in on this. Hopefully travel time is less than paypal turnaround time, so you should have it in your hands mid-next week.

And what was the belt part number with what belt mfr??
m.o. for 80 sent...will send remainder in a couple weeks
PDXSVT I should have the belt part # as soon as these are made and I get one on my car

Just wanted to update on status, I am still waiting for the money to come to my bank account. The day it comes I am off to the shop. Sorry about this delay I had no idea it took this long.

thanks
Nima
ttt
Any news on this? Have they started making them yet. Does anyone have a how to on these and are they hard to put on? I'm really itching to see thiese in my mail box. Thanks
Good news people The money came in today and I placed the order in about an hour ago

So,in a two week period it will be all done.
I will get the belt size as soon as they are made and I get a set installed on my car.

Thanks
Nima
Rodney,

About the install;
I asked the ford dealer how long it takes to change the alternator pulley and they told me they charge 1 hr of labor. So I would think its about a half hour job for the alternator. The powersteering seems pretty accesible since its right in the middle I would say maybe another half hour for that. I haven't done this yet so I am not sure, if anybody knows please let us know

Nima
Hi Nima,

Thanks for putting this together and following-through!

::LT

Good news people The money came in today and I placed the order in about an hour ago

So,in a two week period it will be all done.
I will get the belt size as soon as they are made and I get a set installed on my car.

Thanks
Nima

Originally posted by dcl:
Hi Nima,

Thanks for putting this together and following-through!

Word to that!
money sent today scratch my name off the owe list. can't wait for the goodies. Thanks for all the work!!!
recieved pm from '96' that partial pymt was recieved...happy happy joy joy

rest sent this coming weekend and i'll be on the fully paid list
Have a question concerning all these partial payment and stuff.

Have you payed the manufacturer in full yet?

If you haven't, then will this hold up the shipment to the people who have paid in full????

Just wondering
I have paid half to the manufacturer. I have received almost all the money so it will not effect the shipment at all

would u mind giving us an updated list of the buyers...just wanna see how much pressure im under
Greg,

Your not under any pressure...I'll get a list up soon.

Thanks
Nima
Any update on when they'll be ready?
Just went in today they should be ready by the end of the week
Great! Can't wait!
I'm drooling already.
Just went in today they should be ready by the end of the week

Great! As soon as I receive it, out it goes with my brand new alternator to get rewound, and the new pulley installed.
shaggy, what does it mean to get your alternator rewound? never heard that term before

i plan on gettin a new alty to install my pulley on too
Basically, it means to rebuild the alternator (actually generator) for higher output. I would like to get more power and increase longevity of the unit. There is a place in PA that will do the work, and right now there is a FocalJetter trying to get a group rate. If that falls through, I'm just going to send the new alternator to the company and have them just work on mine.
hmmmm interesting...might be just the thing to do when considering an underdrive pulley...learn something new everyday...thanks for the info
I just went in today and they weren't ready
What I was told was the pullies were poping off the machine ore something... Anyhow they said they are gonna be working on them monday tuesday and should be all done by next week wednesday

I am really sorry about this.
I have no school next week so I should be able to ship them out very fast

Regards
Nima
Please hurry. i am shipping off to Germany on march 2nd for a year and I need to be here when they arrive to pick them up.

I just went in today and they weren't ready
What I was told was the pullies were poping off the machine ore something... Anyhow they said they are gonna be working on them monday tuesday and should be all done by next week wednesday

I am really sorry about this.
I have no school next week so I should be able to ship them out very fast

Regards
Nima

Any more updates?
I am waiting for tommorow
bump bump bump
sorry to ask the dumb n00b question...but wtf are these? lol.
lol they are underdrive pullies for powersteering and alternator.

BTW, guys I just went in today, you guys are gonna start hating me for this but the shop said they are not done yet They been backed up since they had problem with the lathe... I am really sorry about this, but there is really not much that I could do to prevent this
They are now telling me end of this week

Thanks for your understanding,
Nima
Hey, I'd rather they had the parts made right and turn out right than do a crappy rush job. If this wait is the worst thing that happens to me this month, I'm doing fine. I'm just sorry for anyone shipping off to the big sandbox before getting to install 'em on his car.
Not a problem, so long as they are made right!
Thanks a lot for your understanding guys

If anyone needs it at a certain date please let me know. (Rodney you got a PM )

Thanks
Nima
i need mine son, because i have my guy doing install on my DMD early mid next week....
Update

Good news the alternator pullies were done today they were getting their finishing touches and being anodized but the powersteering pullies arent done
Should be all done by monday evening.
Thanks for your patience,
Nima
good deal nima....i should have the rest of the money in the snail mail to u by mid next week so u should see it by the end of the week or beginnning of the week after next
Went in today and the big pullies are still not done yet
Here are the p/s pullies you can see how far they got

Here is a picture of the machine which something of it broke that is delaying all this

Here are the completed alternator pullies waiting to be anozdized as soon as the p/s are done

I know that this is all taking too long... I just took these pictures to show you that they are actually getting done
can they anodize red??????????? or are they all going to be silver???? I mean, since they are taking longer, could they do different colors for us???? I am amazed at how clean they look
The plan was to get them all silver first but I'll give them a call tommorow and see if they would anodize a couple of them red
u are the shiz nima!!!!!!! I wouldnt think it would be too big of a deal.... once again, they look great..
When will you ship?
Hey man they look great. It looks like they did some perfect work. Thanks alot for everything you have done.
Those look great! They look much bigger than I was expecting.
They should be done tommorow and if I receive them during the morning I will be shipping some of them out by the evening...

The p/s pullies might seem a bit bigger because they are no fully machined yet (notice there isn't a place for the belt yet, the p/s pulley is pretty big to start off with too)

I gave them a call today and left a message about the anodizing they haven't gotten back to me yet... Will let you know about it as soon as I found out.

If anybody wants their pullies done in RED please let me know by 4...

They are going to be all anodized tommorow morning and they are going to anodize a batch of red since they took this long
If anybody wants their pullies done in RED please let me know by 4...

They are going to be all anodized tommorow morning and they are going to anodize a batch of red since they took this long

I'll take mine in red, a little color never hurt anyone.
RED please !!!!! lol
I want mine BLUE

-Lance
I might be able to get BLUE done too

So who wants BLUE and who wants RED ?
I will take blue if it is possible. Thanks.
I will take blue as well. That is if you can get it done.
blue
When is your proposed shipping date?
Should be monday. I was trying to get in touch with through out the day on friday to see what was going on but I never got to talk to them. (had to write a paper wasnt able to go to the shop itself on friday)

They should have been anodized on friday so if I get them monday morning I will ship them out on monday.

Will let you all know as soon as I find out some more info
Is this group buy over or can people still get in??
I will have a couple of extras at the end of the GB

Let me know if you want 1
Those are really awesome looking and well worth the wait. So do you think they will be shipped sometime this week?
They should definetly be shipped sometime this week (hoping for monday)
Can't wait!
Who is making this? And I would be interested in a P/S pulley, and MAYBE an alternator pulley... Both Blue.

I am getting these made through a local shop

Just an update:

The pullies are getting anodized as we speak! Will be picking them up this afternoon.

I will let you all know as soon as I receive them
Tommorow is the big day... Most of them were done today and all of them should be done by 10 tommorow

I will get as many shipped out as possible.

I will send out the blue or red ones as first come first serve basis according to the posts. (there are 5 red and 4 blues just to let you all know )

Thanks
Nima
great!!! happy to hear that!
even if I don't know when I will have the time to install the pulleys...
Tommorow is the big day... Most of them were done today and all of them should be done by 10 tommorow

I will get as many shipped out as possible.

I will send out the blue or red ones as first come first serve basis according to the posts. (there are 5 red and 4 blues just to let you all know )

Thanks
Nima

You still have clear anodized ones, yes? I want mine in clear.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/04/03 09:18 PM
Dion there are still the clear anodized ones

I just received all the pullies they look really really nice

If I can get any shipped out today I will but the post office closes are 5 and its already 430. So I'll probably pack them all tonight and fire them off to you guys tommorow

Thanks to everyone for making this happen
Posted By: dcl_dup1 Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 12:15 AM
Dion there are still the clear anodized ones

I just received all the pullies they look really really nice

If I can get any shipped out today I will but the post office closes are 5 and its already 430. So I'll probably pack them all tonight and fire them off to you guys tommorow

Thanks to everyone for making this happen

Well, I'll say it again . . thank you for making it happen. They look terrific!
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 12:21 AM
Just a question is shipping with FedEX ground OK with everyone?

I wanted to ship it with Canada Post to save you guys some money on the cross border fees but the only way to get tracking with that is to go with the Global Express service and its kinda expensive.

What I can do is declare (insure) the value of the package as lets say $60 canadian and I think that way if I mark it as a gift you guys wont have to pay the cross border fees.
Let me know if you guys want me to do this or not.

Thanks again
Nima
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 12:27 AM
Are these going to be available in the future...say around may?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 12:29 AM
Originally posted by timeless420:
Are these going to be available in the future...say around may?

I have 8 more sets available I am not sure if there are gonna be any left until may
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 12:35 AM
How much were they in CAD? Does it include the belt? I know it's probably said somwhere above, but it's a long thread
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 12:42 AM
$220 Canadian includes shipping with Express post to Canada
It does NOT include the belt. I am probably gonna install a set on my car this weekend and figure out the belt p/n. (A belt which is .5-1 inch longer should do the trick)
Posted By: mi5pal Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 12:53 AM
They look great. Are you going to e-mail those people you send the pulley to? Or do you have a list of the people who already sent their payments.
Thanks,
Miguel
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 01:03 AM
I'll post the tracking numbers and their names here

I am hoping to get them all shipped tommorow...But I don't want to promise since we have a heavy snowfall warning currently

I just finished packing them

And here is another picture

Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 01:10 AM
Nima,

Other than yourself, i believe i was the first to make payment??? If so, could you send mine first, and wait a few weeks to send everyone elses, since i waited the absolute longest???? Just playin fellas.....lol

All i have to say, if these pullies work as well as they look, i am going to seriously owe you big man!!! You have been both a gentleman and a scholar, whatever that means, through this whole transaction.

If you decide on any other custom made engine parts, let me know, i would be a shoe in. I would just love to replace all of the cheap plastic clips and shiz that breaks at the slightest tension... Maybe some racing wire strap downs???

Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 04:34 AM
Nima, you have a PM.
Great work, and thanks a bunch!
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 05:55 AM
hold on to mine nima...i know i owe the remainder still....man those look great but i should have ordered the red ones to match my plug wires
Posted By: DEVIOUSDEV_dup1 Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 06:39 AM
Those are all sooo sezzzzyyyyy

I may need to not eat for this month and get me some of those .....
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 06:16 PM
I just came back from FedEx and I couldn't get them shipped because they want me to have an account which I don't have and it takes at least 48 hours to open an account
They also wanted me to pay $20 for each pacakage as the brockrage fee

Anyhow I think I am gonna ship them all with Canada Post/USPS Global Express but the thing is it cost a tad bit more... If you guys can paypal me $3 (people that only wanted alternator pullies dont worry about this) more each it would be great. (Its just because $3 adds up quickly when there are 20 packages to ship.)

Anyhow I'll do my best to get them shipped by this evening. They are all packed and ready to go just need to take them to the post office.

Thanks
Nima
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 06:55 PM
Just shipped 7 boxes right now;
Here are the tracking numbers, they are all sent with Global Express and you should receive them in about 5 days!

MarkusSVT 23 167 214 249
Chris Aslanyan 23 167 214 411
SPGVT 75 503 613 213
CougarDemon 23 167 214 045
My SVT 23 167 214 080
Derk2000 23 167 214 120
Krafty 23 167 214 283

I will get the rest shipped by this evening...
I also insured them all for $210 CAD. And wrote on the package "Replacement for faulty pulleys" maybe they won't charge custom fees

Thanks
Nima
Posted By: Krafty_dup1 Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 07:39 PM
Thanks Nima! So I need to send you $3 via paypal then also? Any word on belt numbers by the way?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 08:02 PM
Just shipped out 8 more

Here are the tracking numbers;(these are with global express too you should receive them in 5 days)

RodneyBur 23 167214 495
ThomasFarris 23 167 214 147
dcl 23 167 214 028
CougarXr02 23 167 214 062
pipghia 23 167 214 456
PDXSVT 23 167 214 354
Skeltor 23 167 214 102
Lance Kinley 23 167 214 181

There are 3 more packages to go. I just need to find a smaller box for them.
The 3 people I still need to ship to;
Dion
BabySHO
Mi5pal
I am going out in a bit to get a smaller box for the alternator pullies (totally forgot about this yesterday when I bought all the boxes). I will do my best to ship them out by 5. If I can't make it today, I will do so first thing tommorow morning.

If I left out anyone in these lists please let me know ASAP.

I will try to get one installed this weekend and I will find out the belt size then.

Thanks
Nima

Posted By: 99fordsvt Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 08:30 PM
Just curious what the claims for an undersized alternator pulley are. Less power? I don't think so.

The alternator only draws as much as the regulator tells it to, based on the state of charge of the battery. Seems this is a nice machined part - but don't buy it thinking it will help performance.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/05/03 09:17 PM
Its an oversized pulley, hence underdriving it
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/06/03 01:30 AM
Hey guys,
I just weighed the pullies just out of curiosity.

Stock Lightened and underdriven
P/S 691.2 gr 446.8 gr
Alt 292.5 gr 189.6 gr

Note that the P/S was larger by 10% and the alt by 20%

Couldn't get around shipping the alternator pullies tonight but they will go out first thing in the morning tommorow

Thanks
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/06/03 05:25 AM
in case anyone's interested i found this site after some people were discussing high performance alternators a couple weeks ago

i asked about a high power alty for a 95 v6 atx tour se...the short but sweet reply was:

"We have a 200amp direct replacement for 225.00 .
Thanks,
Tom"

the site is http://mralternator.com/ haven't searched around for comparable but that doesn't seem too bad to me an extra 70amp's...it'll be awhile before i can get one, but im not gonna dress up my old alty with the new pully
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/06/03 05:26 AM
Hey guys,
I just weighed the pullies just out of curiosity.

Stock Lightened and underdriven
P/S 691.2 gr 446.8 gr
Alt 292.5 gr 189.6 gr

Note that the P/S was larger by 10% and the alt by 20%

Couldn't get around shipping the alternator pullies tonight but they will go out first thing in the morning tommorow

Thanks

From: 691.2 Grams = 1.5238095238095237 Pounds To: 446.8 Grams = 0.9850088183421516 Pounds

From: 292.5 Grams = 0.6448412698412698 Pounds To: 189.6 Grams = 0.41798941798941796 Pounds

Not bad, I think. This just made sense to me as I am going to replace the alternator anyway!

Edit:
Oh yeah, thanks Nima! I will get the extra money out to you ASAP. Is it $3 US or CAN?
Posted By: 99fordsvt Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/06/03 05:33 AM
96BlackSE,

OK - I'm convinced that YOU are convinced that just because the pulley is underdriven - the losses are less.

But that is NOT true.

Think about it. If the battery is fully charged, the alternator will NOT draw a load (or take HP to turn).

Even if the alternator is slowed down (underdriven by using a larger pulley), the load on it is stil determined by the voltage regulator.

Dead battery = large draw & load
Full battery = no draw

Underdriving a coolant pump may save a little power at first, but I'll take all the sustained cool water I can get to my engine.

Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/06/03 06:53 AM
Originally posted by 99fordsvt:
1. The alternator only draws as much as the regulator tells it to
If the battery is fully charged, the alternator will NOT draw a load (or take HP to turn).
2. based on the state of charge of the battery.
3. Seems this is a nice machined part - but don't buy it thinking it will help performance.

1. The regulator regulates the voltage. (I.E. Voltage Regulator) Not the amperage draw!

2. The car most certainly DOES run off the alternator.

Only in times of peak load where the alternator can not support the amperage demand does the battery supply it's reserve power to the car.
The battery has 2 functions: It's main function is to start the engine & it's secondary function is as backup reserve for when demand levels exceed alternator output.

Common times where this can occur is at idle with accessories & lights running and definitely if one has a high wattage sound system.

For Reference - The alternator is rated at roughly 4000-5000 rpm (engine speed)
It is not a linear curve either. It starts out at about half rating at 1000rpm and arcs up to it max rpm (normally tested to the equivalent of 6000-7000 rpm engine speed)

For instance our alternator. (a rough example but close enough for a reference)
1000rpm = 60 amps
2000rpm = 75 amps
3000rpm = 95 amps
4000rpm = 125 amps
5000rpm = 135 amps
6000rpm = 140 amps
7000rpm = 145 amps

Now figure any underdriving would directly lower the max amperage output at each rpm point by the % amount compared against the curve slope.

3. Since the alternator is rpm dependant slowing it down will create less drag on the FEAD system. Are we talking bunches of HP/TQ. Heck no.
Probably not even an amount big enough to ever be verified.

However you have to think about the fact it is slowing the alternator down as rpm passes 5k, 6k, 7k.

This will aid in longevity of the alternator for those people that drive their car like it was designed to be driven. The fact it may free up a little parasitic drag is just a bonus.

As I have said before I think this is definitely a good mod for anyone running a stock sized battery, no electric waterpump, or no major sound system. (personally I've not any problem with it & my dyna-batt though)
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/06/03 07:24 AM
Anyone with a large sound system, may want to think twice about the ALT pulley. Slowing it down will effect idle amperage output. If your lights dim now at idle, they certainly wont get better. Just food for thought...

They do look very good though
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pullies Are DONE!!!!!! - 03/07/03 01:49 PM
All the packages have been sent.(since my internet was acting up yesterday) Let me know when you guys receive them

I will find out the belt size ASAP!

Thanks,
Nima
My P/S pulley showed up today! Yay!

My wife says it looks awesome!

-Lance
Hey both of my pulleys showed up today and they look like top quality work was done. Hey thanks for everything you done for us. And I will be sending you some money through paypal i just dont have paypal but my girlfrined dad does and im going to send it through him i hope. But i get there one way or another. Like i said before thanks for everything they look awesome.
I am glad they showed up

I couldn't get around to install them this weekend on my car since I was real busy with work

Did you guys get charged for customs at all? I thought if I wrote 'Replacement units for faulty units' on them and mark it as a gift they wouldn't bother

Nima

I got mine today too! Nima, looks like top quality work!! Now, get them installed on your car and get us the belt par number! Thanks again!
Thanks a bunch for getting these done, Nima!
Pic with DMD

-Lance
Did you guys get charged for customs at all? I thought if I wrote 'Replacement units for faulty units' on them and mark it as a gift they wouldn't bother

Nima

Nope. The postal woman handed me the box and all I had to do was sign for it. We've never had to pay customs after ordering something from Canada. I think the US is much more relaxed about that.

=) Christy
Got mine today too....thanks
Just an update on install;

I went to a local shop and found a half inch longer belt just gotta get around to install it to see if it would work (I think it should) will let you all know soon!

thanks
Nima
Just received my pulley today. It looks awesome and I can't wait to put it on. Thanks for organizing this group buy!! You rule!!

Will let you all know the part number for the belt really soon I am still working on it, sorry about the delay

Nima
Has anybody installed the alternator pulley? If so, how difficult was it, and what belt was used?
Has anybody installed the alternator pulley? If so, how difficult was it, and what belt was used?

I'm bringing mine to an alternator rewiring shop to rewire and install the new pulley. No way are we getting the pulley off ourselves, it has to be on there really tight.
How difficult was it to remove the alternator? Did you have to go through all the steps the Haines manual describes, or could some of them be skipped to save time? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Miguel
How difficult was it to remove the alternator? Did you have to go through all the steps the Haines manual describes, or could some of them be skipped to save time? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Miguel

I have a new alternator on the way. So, I haven't removed mine yet! I will probably just follow the directions I have found on here and on the service manual.
Just got my ud alt and SHO Shop ps pulleys installed. Not sure what the belt size is, but i will report it as soon as i find out.
Did you do the install of the UD alt pulley yourself? If you did, could you describe what you did to get the alternator out, any hints on simplifying the process would be helpful.
I had the pulleys installed by a performance shop. The belt they used was part# K060739. This is with the SHO Shop power steering pulley and the custom alternator pulley. I am not sure if it will work with the custom ps pulley and alternator pulley.
That's the same pulley combination that I am going to use, I wonder if the belt that came with the SHO shop pulleys would work?
I received my pullies and put them on Yesterday. They look really good on the car and I love the quality of the craftsmanship that was put into them. I really can't feel any performance gain, but I am sure they must have free'd up a horse or so. Every bit counts so I am happy with them. I used a 72.5 inch belt while putting them on. My tensioner is almost all the way open, so it was a little difficult putting the belt on. I asked Savage for a 73" belt which should put the tensioner nearly halfway in between being fully opened and fully closed. I am assuming a belt between 72.5 and 73.5 will work, it just depends on what the parts stores near you have available.

I did not take the alternator of the car to change the alt. pulley. I removed the pass. side motor mount completely (while having a jack support the engine) and lowered the engine down a couple inches. This allowed me to use an impact gun to break the bolt loose with the alternator still on the car. It is accesable through the left access panel in the passenger side wheel well. It took a few tries to break it free though.

The power steer. pulley was really simple, but I put it on backwards the first time. I believe the company that made them stamped their name on the wrong side on the pulley. Just make sure you put the pulley on the right way the first time to save yourself a little troube.

I think it took me about 3 hrs to get all this done. I'm sure it could be done in 2, but I was goofing around abit too.

Good luck.
mi5pal: The belt that came with the SHO Shop pulley will not work, as i tried that first.
Excellent work! Thanks for the information!
Thanks for the info. guys, looks like I will try a 73" belt(+/- .5"), and maybe even try that engine drop to put on the alt. pulley.
Hey guys,

I finally found out the p/n for the pulleys... Sorry about this taking sooooooo long but I had a lot of unexpected stuff come up this past week
Anyhow I got a friend to install this on his 96 (I am still having some other problems with my car ) and the part number for the belt is Gates : K060725

Again I am sorry that this took this long,
Regards
Nima

P.S. I will take some pics for you all
Can anyone who installed thier pullies tell me the size of socket that is needed to remove the alt pully. I don't have the right size and want to know the proper size before I go buy one.

Thanks
© CEG Archives