Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Guys and Gals, I am taking orders starting today. I am offering these at a GB rate, which means that the prices are of limited time. These prices are good until 1/15/2003 ONLY!

Here are your Group Buy prices on these:

HALOGEN VERSIONS, UTILIZING H9 65W BULBS

- LOW BEAM PROJECTOR/HIGH BEAM STOCK:

$259 with donated headlights

$484 with new headlights

-QUAD BEAM PROJECTOR:

$389 with donated headlights

$614 with new headlights

XENON VERSIONS, UTILIZING PHILIPS HID HARDWERE AND D2S
BULBS

-LOW BEAM PROJECTOR/HIGH BEAM STOCK:

$689 with donated headlights

$914 with new headlights

-QUAD BEAM PROJECTOR:

$819 with donated headlights

$1044 with new headlights

EDIT 1/6/02
(MYSTIQUE OWNERS: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE PRICES FOR THE "ALL NEW PARTS" VERSIONS ARE A $100.00 MORE FOR MYSTIQUE MODELS)

Those are your final prices. Shipping/Handling will be $20.

IF ORDERING BY MAIL:

Send a Money Order to:

Milan M Filipovich
211 E Naperville Rd
Westmont IL 60559

Along with your payment, please provide me your full name, address, CEG screen name (if applicable) and finally the version of the lights that you want.

IF ORDERING VIA INTERNET

I am accepting PayPal. Please send your payment to:

milanmotorsports@hotmail.com

In the special instructions box, please include your CEG screen name (if applicable) and the version of the lights that you want.

ONCE AGAIN, THESE PRICES ARE GOOD UNTIL 1/15/2003 ONLY. PRICES MAY GO UP AFTER THAT...
that's 98+ only, right?
PAID

::XENON VERSIONS, UTILIZING PHILIPS HID HARDWERE AND D2S
BULBS QUAD BEAM PROJECTOR:::
SAME HERE, SAME ORDER, GOING to Houston baby!

What's turnaround going to be like?

Suneil
paid here too baby!!!!!!!!
CA, TX and FL... nice representation so far
Guys and Gals, I have started taking orders. I am offering these at a GB rate, which means that the prices are of limited time. These prices are good until 1/15/2003 ONLY!

Here are your Group Buy prices on these:

HALOGEN VERSIONS, UTILIZING H9 65W BULBS

- LOW BEAM PROJECTOR/HIGH BEAM STOCK:

$259 with donated headlights

$484 with new headlights

-QUAD BEAM PROJECTOR:

$389 with donated headlights

$614 with new headlights

XENON VERSIONS, UTILIZING PHILIPS HID HARDWERE AND D2S
BULBS

-LOW BEAM PROJECTOR/HIGH BEAM STOCK:

$689 with donated headlights

$914 with new headlights

-QUAD BEAM PROJECTOR:

$819 with donated headlights

$1044 with new headlights

Those are your final prices. Shipping/Handling will be $20.

IF ORDERING BY MAIL:

Send a Money Order to:

Milan M Filipovich
211 E Naperville Rd
Westmont IL 60559

Along with your payment, please provide me your full name, address, CEG screen name (if applicable) and finally the version of the lights that you want.

IF ORDERING VIA INTERNET

I am accepting PayPal. Please send your payment to:

milanmotorsports@hotmail.com

***ORDERING VIA PAYPAL WILL COST YOU MORE. PLEASE ADD 3.9% SURCHARGE WHEN ORDERING WITH PAYPAL!!!***

In the special instructions box, please include your CEG screen name (if applicable) and the version of the lights that you want.

Finally, the turnaround on these is approx 2-4 weeks...
Any timeframe for when you will be offering lights that will work for us who already have 9005 HID Conversion kits?
I can retrofit the 9006 HID kits right now. It will cost a little extra, due to the need to fabricate additional hardwere that is needed to retrofit the D9006 bulb.

The fee is $75, and it is used to cover the time and materials needed for the conversion.

However, this is a small price to pay compared to the hassle involved in selling your existing HID hardwere to go to the Philips D2S bulbs...
Is this for pre-98 also?
Payed via paypal ... count me in as officially waiting till the day I receive these in the mail.
Jared:

I got your payment, and per our conversation, it should be around 2-4 weeks before you get them...
Originally posted by AirKnight:
Is this for pre-98 also?
anybody gonna give an answer here????? come on milan.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by AirKnight:
Is this for pre-98 also?
anybody gonna give an answer here????? come on milan.
Sorry man, I thought this was covered in the other thread...

To answer your question, this GB is for 98+ ONLY. As I mentioned in my original post, I am currently developing the pre98 lineup. My goal is to come out with them in early spring of next year.

Sorry for the delay guys.
What about the pre-98 Mystique? WIll that be a year from now? (Kidding, after testing that Mazda6, whose headlamps were a lot like the bimmers w/o Xenon, I want projectors!!)
These lights look very, very nice mate. Completly change the look of the car.
Just wandering if these would fit a UK spec Mk2 Mondeo? Same as your 98+ Contour.
Also the same question for the UK Mk1 Mondeo when you make your >98 units?
Sorry for all the Q's Quicksilver....
I finally have some pics of these lights at night. Here are some pics of beam patterns:

Stock Lights at 25ft:

MM Quad Projectors with 6000K HID at same distance:

Keep in mind that this is the top of the line Xenon Version utilizing a 6000k HID kit! The ones that come with MM lights are 4100k, which are even brighter...

Even with the dimmer 6000k kit, you can clearly see the difference between projector optics and the stock reflectors. The Halogen versions will be in between the two intensities pictured, but will of course have the fantastic beam pattern that you see. I would say that the light output with Halogens alone is somewhere around 35% better than stock...

I was asked many times if these lights are a mere cosmetic upgrade. No matter how many times I said no, it was difficult to truly explain how much better MM lights perform. These pictures say a thousand words...

Thanks to Kevin for hosting these pics, and Mike for taking them...

Dude, all four pictures you have listed are the same image. Kinda hard to compare...
Originally posted by path914:
Dude, all four pictures you have listed are the same image. Kinda hard to compare...
I see 5 pictures, and they are all different...
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

Keep in mind that this is the 6000k HID kit! The ones that come with MM lights are 4100k, which are even brighter...

if they're any brighter, i would be afraid of blinding people.
if they're any brighter, i would be afraid of blinding people.

Well, actually no. There is vertually no light above the cutoff line that you see. These lights seem dimmer than stock lights when looked straight on.

That is yet another advantage of these lights. I used to get attention from the cops with my stock lights all the time. Now, they probably confuse me with BMWs and Audis...

No light above the cutoff line, that's the beauty of projectors baby!!
Originally posted by path914:

Weird... the first time I loaded there were four links to the same image. Now they're fine... my bad
Do you have any pictures of the actual assembly with stock high beams?

This may be a stupid question, but I have to ask it anyway. With the quad projectors, do only one per side light up on low beam and all four on high?

I'm fairly interested.

That is yet another advantage of these lights. I used to get attention from the cops with my stock lights all the time. Now, they probably confuse me with BMWs and Audis...

were they looking for you??? it seems bmw's and audi's would attract more attention.
Originally posted by mzilla:
Do you have any pictures of the actual assembly with stock high beams?

This may be a stupid question, but I have to ask it anyway. With the quad projectors, do only one per side light up on low beam and all four on high?

I'm fairly interested.

OK, here are the pics of the actual lights mounted on the car...

(MM Xenons on my Tour)

To answer your question, all four light up when you use high beams...
were they looking for you??? it seems bmw's and audi's would attract more attention.
Using HIDs in the stock assembly emits a sea of stray light in all directions... The lights simply become too noisy... I would have cops do U-Turns the second after they pass me, or would go after me when I would pass them. Like 5 cops told me before that it's the lights are the noisiest on my car.

I have passed hundreds of cops since the install, and none has bothered to check me out so far...

And you know what? I don't miss the attention - ONE BIT!!
TO THOSE THAT ORDERED:

You should get your lights in about 2-3 weeks. The initial setting up of the entire process has eaten into the expected time of delivery.

I am confidant that these should be at your doorstep in time for X-mas!
Thank you!

Now if I only had a car to put them on....
yeah, but HOW NICE will your car look when you get it back AND then have the anticipated pleasure of putting the Quad's on that flymobile. . . .wish I lived in Cali. . .
QuickS~ Not that i'm doubting your product by any means, but have you had any problems with fogging in cold weather.... or in washing your car or rain? Just wondering, and if you could please~~~~ CAn i get a pic of them from a distance w/o the lights on!~ THANKS
Originally posted by SVTnKC:
QuickS~ Not that i'm doubting your product by any means, but have you had any problems with fogging in cold weather.... or in washing your car or rain? Just wondering, and if you could please~~~~ CAn i get a pic of them from a distance w/o the lights on!~ THANKS
Actually this is a common question...

To answer you, If you have fogging than the product is pure crap. I go to great lenghts to make sure that the lights are sealed. Tons of sealent goes into these babies when they are put together.

You may have them fog up once after you install them, and that is probably due to the moisture that is in there after I powerwash them from the inside. This is exactly what took place when I made my first set. I was pretty upset that they fogged up, but it never happened again after that...

Pics of the car with the lights should be up on either Friday or Saturday...
I'm currious, is there enough ambient light above that line to see road and highway signs clearly?
Originally posted by bcandiloro:
I'm currious, is there enough ambient light above that line to see road and highway signs clearly?

Yes, Even with my crappy NON-HID lenses you will see all the signs clearly.(I have the HID Ds2 kit.)

-Antonio
Using HIDs in the stock assembly emits a sea of stray light in all directions... The lights simply become too noisy... I would have cops do U-Turns the second after they pass me, or would go after me when I would pass them. Like 5 cops told me before that it's the lights are the noisiest on my car.

I have passed hundreds of cops since the install, and none has bothered to check me out so far...

And you know what? I don't miss the attention - ONE BIT!!

That's very true. I had the same thing happen to me. Now, with projectors, the cops never even look twice at me, because the projectors to a way better job of controling all the light to stay below the cutoff line
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:
Originally posted by bcandiloro:

Yes, Even with my crappy NON-HID lenses you will see all the signs clearly.(I have the HID Ds2 kit.)

-Antonio

Well of course YOU can see well above cutoff Antonio, since you have the crappy NON-HID lenses on yours. This is the whole reason people put projectors on their cars for their xenon swaps in the first place, because they are trying to control that glare light that goes above cutoff that blinds people. I have the OEM Audi xenon projectors, and NO, they don't have significant light bleeding above cutoff line (has very crisp, sharp cutoff). BUT, there is a Z shape step cut (or 'flare' as some call it) in the beam making it an assymetrical beam (see Quicksilver pic below) , putting more light upwards, off toward the front right of vehicle. This helps to light up signs and stuff. But if your pointing downward, coming off of a hill, heading into a dip, then yes, it is difficult to see very far, and see signs and stuff w/o your highbeams on, since your lights are pointing so far down. But you must remember that these cars like ours, with these added-in projectors wont have the autolevelers on them like the OEM Audis, and BMWs have so they wont automatically aim upwards when your facing into a dip. So I just turn my highbeams on when I'm on hilly roads (of course turning them off when traffic is coming). This is the price you pay to have the cool style, non-OEM. But for the most part, 95% of the time, I am very satisfied with the performance of my xenon projectors

Anyways, see RH flare in pic

Hey Quicksilver, are you sure your indexing is plum? Driver's side projector looks rotated a few degrees too far clockwise?
To those that ordered:

I was fully optimistic that I would get these to you by X-mas the latest. Unfortunatelly it is looking like this is not going to happen.

Due to the mess associated with setting up the entire system, and the havoc with Turkey Day and now X-Mas, I have fallen behind on the schedule...

Though I have most of your parts ordered, and most have arrived, I am yet to start making any sets.

I hope to start on a few orders in the next couple of days and HOPEFULLY be able to deliver them before the 20th, the day I leave the country for my annual X-Mas and New Year's excursion.

I hope to have these orders finalized:

1) Nyceboi
2) SSMumich00
3) SVTweeter

It is downright unrealistic to expect that I will get to the remaining orders.

I would like to express my sincerest apologies to the rest of you. You must be very disappointed, and probably pretty upset. However, due to extracircumstantial factors, I was simply not able to finish these in time for you.

The 2-4 weeks was an estimate, and it is never an accurate prediction. It is not unreasonable to expect to get your lights in a week, or in 5 weeks, depending on the # of the order, my involvement with these, and etc.

In this case, the holiday season has caused me to miss my deadlines.

I hope that you guys will accept my apologies. I will keep you guys posted on this.
Thanks, I appreciate the effort!
thanks bro, appreciate your efforts! Holiday time is ALWAYS more busy. . .I usually need a break after my break. . .
Josch, thank you for then info. I learn something new everyday.

-Antonio
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
thanks bro, appreciate your efforts! Holiday time is ALWAYS more busy. . .I usually need a break after my break. . .

Tell me about it man. The holidays around here are the most hectic time of the year. Rad headlights by the way, i might be up for a set for my 1999 svt.
ttt

I'm still interested in these for pre-98's. I know your posts said spring 2003, just want to keep the topic fresh
Milan,
Status update? Let me know when you ship (PM) since I hope you didn't yet, nothing in the mail so far. . .

Suneil
I will be back to Chicago around January 10th. Once I get back, it is full steam ahead...
would u have any problems working w/ a set of headlights that have been painted (i'm going to buy a spare set and paint the inside black and clear out the amber reflector with the intention of sending them to u for the full treatment down the road. if i do this, would u prefer i keep the lenses's off to save u the trouble.
I will have payment sent for a set in the next week. Not sre if I will use M.O. or Paypal though, debating on the surcharge

hey milan...any idea on what your prices are gonna look like in feb or later???
on second thought disregard my previous question, ijust caught the posts saying that pre98's wont be ready until maybe the spring....summer somewhere in that area would be good (better) for me
Originally posted by hmouta:
would u have any problems working w/ a set of headlights that have been painted (i'm going to buy a spare set and paint the inside black and clear out the amber reflector with the intention of sending them to u for the full treatment down the road. if i do this, would u prefer i keep the lenses's off to save u the trouble.

NO! Keep the lenses in there! If you like paint them black too. If you are gonna do this, I suggest you do it very soon, as these prices are probably gonna change after the 15th...
If there is any possibility of having a design for pre-98 Mystiques ready by Feb. 2003, I smell a B-Day present for me... At any rate...I'm saving my money as we speak
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
I will have payment sent for a set in the next week. Not sre if I will use M.O. or Paypal though, debating on the surcharge

If you can please do this ASAP!! You need to make the 15th deadline for these prices... I sent you a PM with more details...
i know i wont make this buy this time. i have to buy wheels/tires after winter then look to save up for your lights. thats what the new 2nd job i got is for.
I sent out my headlights on Friday UPS. Tell me when you get them. My name is Paul Pouttu
Will do Paul...
I received orders from Chris Teraska and Pete Lim today. Paul, I am still waiting for yours.
******* IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (MYSTIQUE CUSTOMERS) *******

I got a check from one of my customers today. (Chris) I promptly proceeded to order his parts, when my supplier gave me some interesting news. Seems that for whatever reason, they charge $50.00 more for a Mystique headlight. This would mean that the total for THE ALL NEW Mystique lights will be an additional $100 on top of the prices given for Contours! (If you donate your existing lights, the prices are the same...)

I have been busy all day trying to find someone who can offer me a better deal, but unfortunately, this is the best I can do...

ONCE AGAIN, IF YOU OWN A MYSTIQUE, AND YOU WANT THESE LIGHTS, PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS!!!

I apologize for this guys, but it really is out of my hands...
Get my headlights and money yet?
Originally posted by skrilla187:
Get my headlights and money yet?

Paul, I got them today. Should see them back 2-4 weeks or sooner.
Got payments from Bill (Knu Koncepts) and Tuan-Chun Fu today. Expect to see these in 2-4 weeks tops...
Are those prices still good? I am definatly thinking about getting some.
Originally posted by ArcticSVT:
Are those prices still good? I am definatly thinking about getting some.

For another few days...

Nice screen name BTW!