Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Stolon #05 Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/23/02 06:30 PM

Ok everyone. I put this pic up on the contour.org sticker thread and there were some interested in a possible group buy. Here are some details that I know at the moment. Mine: the demensions are 1ft by 2ft. The color is metallic graphite. Different sizes are possible, but would like to keep them to a minimum so if the 1x2 is too large for some, then I would accomodate 1 or 2 more sizes, maybe 7"x14", which would be half the size of mine or something smaller than that. Colors... was thinking to keep is simple, grey, silver, black, white, red. cost i'm thinking will range around $20, I still need to find that out. But right now I am just gauging the interest. I understand that the possiblities are endless, but I'd like to keep them a simple as possible and not get into special colors. So at this time I'd like to open this up for discussion, mainly to decide on 2 or 3 sizes and colors, and then go from there. That way I will be able to go in w/ the details and get accurate pricing.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/23/02 06:53 PM
I want one of the 1ft by 2ft in graphite.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/23/02 07:25 PM
i might be interested in one like the ones that used to be available on here...small size...maybe 3x5 or something like that...
Posted By: showngo Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/23/02 07:33 PM
count me in, either size would be fine, but would prefer the larger one in a grey or white.
Posted By: buchsvt_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/23/02 08:29 PM
Smaller the better, $20 sounds perfect though
Posted By: ContourConcepts Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/23/02 10:06 PM
I want a great big one! in blue if possible

-DJ
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/23/02 11:27 PM
I am with this as well! If we can get these for 20 bucks I would consider that a steal!! I will be sure to follow along with this thread.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/24/02 01:16 AM
Seeing there is some interest, I will go on Monday and check out what these will run for sure. I will see how much it will be for probably 4 different sizes. Keep em' coming.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/24/02 01:24 AM
I'm in, and if not just give me yours!
Posted By: JLG_SVT99 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/24/02 05:04 AM
I want a little one... preferably silver, white and small
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/24/02 05:28 AM
umm not that i want one (have club logo) but why not just go to your local graphics shop and have it done for the same price and save the shipping cost?
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/24/02 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
umm not that i want one (have club logo) but why not just go to your local graphics shop and have it done for the same price and save the shipping cost?
Umm, not to rag on your parade here, but it cost me $65 bucks to get that thing made because of all the setup fees to get it sized and ready to be produced, so it's really not that cheap to just go have one made anywhere. The thing is that it is on file at the place i went to and to make another shouldn't be all that expensive as otherthings i've have remade or had more made have been really cheap once all the setup fees are covered.
Posted By: contour69 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/24/02 05:51 AM
i like i like but my money is tied up!! getting eibachs konis and the hella rs kit!! no more money but i would love one of the 2'x1' in red that would be hot, but not right now.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/24/02 06:04 AM
Originally posted by stolontour97:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Umm, not to rag on your parade here, but it cost me $65 bucks to get that thing made because of all the setup fees to get it sized and ready to be produced, so it's really not that cheap to just go have one made anywhere. The thing is that it is on file at the place i went to and to make another shouldn't be all that expensive as otherthings i've have remade or had more made have been really cheap once all the setup fees are covered.
ya gotta get in good with the sticker maker, i can have what ever i need made for roughly $20, from rear logos to windshield banners. it seems like they would be hooking you up if you are getting lots of stuff made all the time.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/24/02 08:36 AM
7"x14" sounds good.
Posted By: CBSVT311 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/24/02 11:31 AM
I would definatley go for one half the size. Or if unavailable the 1x2. Graphite or white.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/24/02 09:37 PM
Hook me up with the one i the pic!
Posted By: DannyBoy6712SVT_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/25/02 12:30 AM
Im in, large size in white pleeeez.
Posted By: outkast Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/25/02 02:27 AM
I want 1 too!grey,the same size in the photo
Posted By: Kubiak Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/25/02 03:55 AM
i need one exactly like the picture: 1x2, graphite

where do i send my money?
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/25/02 08:29 AM
Oh yeah, I want mine in silver.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/25/02 12:53 PM
Ok everyone, I will be going in to talk w/ my graphics guy today to get the final ideas of cost for the different sizes. I should have more info later tonight or tomorrow.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/25/02 06:53 PM
I'm down for what will probably be the smallest size available. My color preference would be grey or white. I'll probably be buying two or three.

I understand that you need to keep costs down, so if what you offer isn't exactly what I'm looking for, that's cool, I'll still be interested.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/25/02 08:24 PM
Not a problem. but hey, I'm not so concerned about trying to keep the costs down although that is a major part of it, I'm just trying to keep the confusion levels down for my sake so I don't have to keep track of all different sizes and a plethera of colors for each person, that's all. As a matter of fact, I'm about to head out up there to talk to kenny about it.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/25/02 10:02 PM
i would like the one in the picture
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/26/02 03:00 AM
i would also buy the one in the pic
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/27/02 06:09 AM
Man I can't wait to get these its going to rock.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/27/02 01:05 PM
Update: waiting, waiting, waiting... I went in and talked w/ them about sizes and prices, so far sizes will be the 1x2, 6"x12", and 3"x6". He is supposed to call me back once they get some mock up sizes cut and let me know the cost of each size. And I was informed that colors choices are endless. But w/the holiday, it might be friday before we know anything for sure.
Posted By: mike051972_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/28/02 06:50 AM
I'd be interested in the 3" x 6" size, probably white or silver......let me know.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/28/02 12:37 PM
Thanks for the update stolon! Will be checking back Friday night!
Posted By: buchsvt_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/28/02 01:42 PM
How long is it going to take him to produce/ship the stickers once the order has been placed?
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/28/02 02:01 PM
It's turkey day. Hope to hear something by tomorrow... To answer your question, it all depends on how busy they are and how large the order I put in is. Last time I place a good sized order it was about a week and a half later that it was all done. This place does more than just graphic and sign work, everything from custom etchings, engravings so it just depends on what they are working on at the time. I will give the estimated time of completion when I hear back from him. I would say, just to be safe though that it will probably be around the middle of Dec. Just to be safe.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/28/02 02:31 PM
Ok, here's what I've done. I've compiled a list of all that have posted w/ the size and color that you were interested in. Just to keep me up to date w/ what everyone is interested in, please refer to the list below and let me know if you have decided on different colors or sizes. Those of you w/ question marks please let me know what size and color if you are still interested.

Lucky95Tour - 1'x2' > Graphite
chrisilversvt - ? ?
Showngo2000 - 1'x2' > Gray or White
buchsvt - ? ?
ContourConcepts - 1'x2' > Blue
unisys12 - ? ?
bk4293 - ? ?
JLGSVT99 - 3x6 > White or Silver
CRZYDRVR - 6x12 > Silver
CBSVT311 - 6x12 > Graphite or White
XKontour - 1'x2' > Graphite
DannyBoy6712SVT - 1'x2' > White
crazy-contour - 1'x2' > Gray
Kubiak - 1'x2' > Graphite
hetfield - 3x6 > Gray or White
jonny hennessy - 1'x2' > Graphite
Ryno368 - 1'x2' > Graphite
mike051972 - 3x6 > White or Silver
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/28/02 05:17 PM
when should we give you the money?
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/28/02 05:25 PM
As soon as I get a call back w/ the exact price for each size. and then preferably through pay pal. I will post when that time comes.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/28/02 05:26 PM
great thanks
Posted By: CBSVT311 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/28/02 09:46 PM
Well I'm for sure in. I'll get a 1x2 in white.
Posted By: buchsvt_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/28/02 10:37 PM
6"x12" silver
Posted By: showngo Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/30/02 06:21 AM
well, changed my mind...i'll take a 6" in white...sorry for the inconvience, stolon...i'm ready to get these things!
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/30/02 09:05 AM
As soon as I get a call back w/ the exact price for each size. and then preferably through pay pal. I will post when that time comes.

Sweet! Hurry up, I have money right now
Posted By: buchsvt_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/30/02 01:43 PM
Definatly, sooner the better!
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 11/30/02 04:49 PM
I'm sorry. If I had heard something, I'd of posted on it. I'm going to call on Monday and see what's up. Will report back then.
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/01/02 02:00 AM
Alright James...I'm in a bit of a quandry. I don't know if I want the big one on the back windshield or the smaller ones for my backseat windows. Currently, I have the contour.org stickers and above those are Girlie Girl Racing stickers. My question is, if I get the smaller ones for the backseat windows, would they look okay or would it be too cluttered. I have pictures of the stickers...but can't post (I am computer illiterate when it comes to these things). The color would definitely be graphite either way, and I am definitely interested. I also have a white "True Devotion" windshield decal. Any suggestions??
Posted By: Static Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/02/02 03:24 AM
I want to get in on this but prolly cant til next payday
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/02/02 02:59 PM
Originally posted by GLChick'95:
Alright James...I'm in a bit of a quandry. I don't know if I want the big one on the back windshield or the smaller ones for my backseat windows. Currently, I have the contour.org stickers and above those are Girlie Girl Racing stickers. My question is, if I get the smaller ones for the backseat windows, would they look okay or would it be too cluttered. I have pictures of the stickers...but can't post (I am computer illiterate when it comes to these things). The color would definitely be graphite either way, and I am definitely interested. I also have a white "True Devotion" windshield decal. Any suggestions??
The small ones are 3x6 so pretty much the size of a 3x5 card, so it's really not that big. Take a 3x5 card out and picture that size w/ what you have. If that doesn't help. e-mail me your pic and I'll give ya my input.

I will be calling on this today to get some info. hopefully I will have something to report back....
Posted By: js139 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/02/02 05:24 PM
Count me in definitely. I would like a 1'x 2' in the gray or the silver. Thanks
Posted By: Doug Christman Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/02/02 10:52 PM
I am interested in a 3x6 in graphite depending on the price.
Posted By: ieffem Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/03/02 05:16 AM
Put me down for one 1'x2'in graphite
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/03/02 06:57 AM
1x2 in White.... but did you say the cost yet... or do you know???
Posted By: buchsvt_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/03/02 11:55 PM
What's the word?
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/04/02 12:22 AM
sorry, still don't know any more.
Posted By: unisys12 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/04/02 12:37 AM
I finally got to go by a graphics shop and get me a couple of the "www.contour.org" decals made for my rear windows. I showed the guy the CEG decal that stolon had going for us. He was stoked! So stoked he gave me the 5 .org decals for free! I can't wait to get that rear decal on there as well.

Don't worry stolon, I won't bug ya! I will just check back in few.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/05/02 01:38 AM
I know you said you prefer paypal, but would you still accept a personal check? I understand that I'd have to wait for it to clear before you'd ship anything.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/05/02 02:52 AM
Originally posted by hetfield:
I know you said you prefer paypal, but would you still accept a personal check? I understand that I'd have to wait for it to clear before you'd ship anything.

Me too. I dont have Paypal, and I dont want it either. But I can send a check or money order.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/05/02 03:36 AM
K, well enough waiting around. I promise I am calling romorrow. oh and yeah for those of you who want to pay be checks is fine. Bur first let's get the details squared away before we worry about payment options.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/05/02 03:45 AM
sounds good to me I just want a sticker
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/05/02 07:42 AM
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:
sounds good to me I just want a sticker

Me too
Posted By: ieffem Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/05/02 10:27 PM
same here
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/05/02 10:36 PM
you guys are a bunch of ricers (jk)
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/06/02 07:34 PM
Originally posted by PoopStainz:
you guys are a bunch of ricers (jk)
LOL!
Welllllllllll, guess what. I don't think anyone is going to like what I have to say. But here goes. Ok. I believe my decal cost me $70 some bucks for the 1x2 size because of the setup fees involved. And now here are the new prices I was just quoted, colors have no affect of price. K, for the 1x2 they said $48, 6inch by one 1ft $25, and 3inch by 6inch $12.50 And unless we are talking mass production like in the hundreds, there really isn't any sort of price break. The 6x12 and the 3x6 I think are reasonable in price, although I do think the 1x2 could be a little less but this is what they want to stick with. So post here and lemme know what you all want to do. It won't bother me one bit if noones decides to get one now. I was just trying to do everyone a favor to help them get this.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/07/02 06:22 AM
I still want one.
Posted By: showngo Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/07/02 06:33 AM
i'd still like to have one, but i'd have to know a few weeks in advance for the cash....i take the 6 X 12 sticker now.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/08/02 10:47 PM
I'm still down for the 3x6, but I'm not sure if I want two or three. Knowing me, I'll splurge and get three.
Posted By: outkast Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/09/02 12:43 AM
I,am still in,PM me when your ready!!!
Posted By: ieffem Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/09/02 08:43 PM
I will take a 6X12 that price is not to bad.
Posted By: js139 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/11/02 06:55 PM
I still want one, but i need to wait until the 1st of the year because of the holiday s. Please count me in and let me know if that works for you.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/11/02 09:57 PM
Ok, here's the deal. these prices are a set price, there is no time limit so anytime one of you decides to go for it, just drop me a message and some cash and I'll have it made up and sent to ya.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/12/02 04:27 AM
Check's in the mail!
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/12/02 04:55 AM
still want one but will have to wait to get the bigger one
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/12/02 07:22 AM
Ok, here's the deal. these prices are a set price, there is no time limit so anytime one of you decides to go for it, just drop me a message and some cash and I'll have it made up and sent to ya.

You will have a PM from me after Christmas.
Posted By: ieffem Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 12/16/02 07:49 PM
cool I'll get back to you after the holiday.
Posted By: UncommonTour Re: Oval rear window CEG decals - 01/24/03 03:28 AM
hell yeah! I'll buy one
© CEG Archives