Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: hydro Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/18/02 08:08 PM
This is a new Body Kit group buy for the Pre-98 Contours courtesy of Kaotic Motorsports in California who is currently in the process of fabricating the new body kit for the 98+ Contours/Mystiques. This kit will have the same sideskirts and rear fascia as the ground effects from the 98+ Body Kit Group Buy and the Front Bumper will be made to fit your cars. The price will be $650 + shipping and deposits will be requested after the New Year. We only need 8 people for this to get off the ground.

You guys wanted it so now you got it! Stay tuned for more info and pictures in the near future. Post if you want in!

Terry
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/18/02 08:18 PM
oh man. i am in trouble now. what to do?

hella thanks for everything that you have been doing. a lot of people owe you thanks for your work. i will probably be part of this. i just have to think about it for awhile. peace.
Posted By: NITROS_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/18/02 09:00 PM
i am angry as all hell now. i spent over 1000 with repairing the svt stuff, i bought. and its still not painted.

o well you win some u lose some. but i got my balls ripped off.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/18/02 09:14 PM
Crap, Hella I'm buying the sides and rear, I need just a front now, anybody interested in just sides and rear, tell me. I'll pay for the front. If nobody wants to do this with me, hella, i really need a matching front, please see what you can work out for me. Thanks.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/18/02 09:39 PM
Hella, count me and poopstainz in for a kit. i'm so happy, now I just gotta go find some more money.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/18/02 09:54 PM
do they need a project car? I live in the area, I would love to get this kit. You said by the new year we would need to give the money? if so I am in for sure
thanks so much for helping us pre-98ers
Johnny
Posted By: gSto Count me in - 11/19/02 12:32 AM
Count me in (if the kit includes a front bumper as well)
Is there anywhere i can see a picture of it? On a 98+ So i can get an idea what it would look like on a pre-98? What is the deposit?

Thanks!
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: Count me in - 11/19/02 01:19 AM
I'm in the same boat as Mikey Boy... but I'd be quite likely to buy a kit after the initial run of them is complete....
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Count me in - 11/19/02 02:52 AM
this is exactly what i've been looking for...now all I need is money
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/19/02 03:03 AM
If you want pictures go to the group buys for 98+ body kit. I am already buying the rear bumper from that group buy. But this will make me seriuosly reconsider.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/19/02 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Hella, count me and poopstainz in for a kit. i'm so happy, now I just gotta go find some more money.

hell ya ! i cant wait, im impatient as hell lol. i already got micas front bumper, so the sides and the rear is all i want maybe a touring wing too
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/19/02 03:21 AM
what color is your car? are cars will look so much alike (kit and touring wing) front bumper and color? will be different though. i'm glad it's after this year though, gotta get the funds.
Posted By: Tribal Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/19/02 04:38 AM
Well That does it! Andys officialy is off my list of body kits makers for the contour/mystique... oh wait a second. Hey hella are you going to be nice to the mystique owners too!!! I think that the mystique is totally left out in most of the things that go on in this forum and would truely like the mystique to get the recognition it diserves by finally getting a good kit for it!(front bumper mostly )Because the sides and rear bolt up already I wont complain. Anywho that would be sweet I'm in for the GB as long as its next year. Is the deposit the same as the 98+ or is it more or less?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/19/02 09:02 AM
can we get these already painted or no?

i'm new so i don't know these things
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/19/02 11:42 AM
mines like a deep red (t-red?)
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/19/02 04:31 PM
would the sides and rear look good with the micah front SVT?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/19/02 09:42 PM
i think the sides flow very very well with svt/micah's front bumper.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/19/02 09:43 PM
Originally posted by PoopStainz:
mines like a deep red (t-red?)
paint code for t-red is FL (if i remember right), which mine is. our cars will match.
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/19/02 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
i think the sides flow very very well with svt/micah's front bumper.

you think so? honestly? i'd have to take a look at the 98+ kit and see what it looks like. and have someone photocrop it.. just for looks.
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/19/02 11:26 PM
ill get in on this if i can see a pic
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/20/02 12:21 AM
well I haven't got my front bumper yet. but its paid for, so thats what I mean. once I get my micah front I will give ya pics

=)

thanks though
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/20/02 01:25 AM
can the pieces be ordered seperately? i would be interested in just the sides if so. someone put a pic of this in this thread. thanks.

Ben
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/20/02 01:41 AM
ben if you wanted you and I could get together and buy one together. I want the sides and back. oh wait I guess that won't work...

nm
=)
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/20/02 01:57 AM
I think you can but it may cost you more. I would get your car repainted or have it blended to match your current paint job.
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/20/02 02:00 AM
Count me in for the group buy. I was going to get the rear bumper and the SVT side skirts from a local SVT owner for $400. But now that I can get whole kit for $650 thats even better. When is the first payment due?
Posted By: Crofty59 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/20/02 06:04 AM
hey guys it will be an intro price bulk buy just like the 98+ body kit made by kaotic Innovations. The front clip will also be the same design as the rs4 front on the 98+
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/20/02 07:44 AM
so getting my whole car re-painted would be an option??

I'm lookin to do whatever is cheapest
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/20/02 04:31 PM
The chepest way would be to have the kit painted to match your current paint if your current paint is in good shape. I would check around there may be specials that would make it cheaper to paint your whole car. Very cool website.
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/20/02 04:34 PM
So who and when do I need to pay. How much is the deposit?
Posted By: hydro Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/20/02 06:01 PM
Originally posted by HellaHydro:
The price will be $650 + shipping and deposits will be requested after the New Year.

this will move forward in January after the kits from the 98+ group buy have been sent out.
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/20/02 10:11 PM
Can I order just the front bumper and side skirts only? I agreed to buy the rear from a member in the 98+ group buy.
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/21/02 02:52 AM
I don't think you can buy special parts. if so I am looking for the side skirts and the rear..
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/21/02 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Contour_LXsport:
The chepest way would be to have the kit painted to match your current paint if your current paint is in good shape. I would check around there may be specials that would make it cheaper to paint your whole car. Very cool website.

oh yeah well i guess i could do that

i just wouldn't wanna end up lookin like the ricers that get the cheap paint and the color looks all flat with no shine or highlights

i hate that
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/21/02 06:15 PM
I agree just shop around for the best deal.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/22/02 03:44 AM
One question;

Is thes kit gonna be lower(closer to the ground?) than the stock svt kit?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/22/02 03:49 AM
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
One question;

Is thes kit gonna be lower(closer to the ground?) than the stock svt kit?

I hope so cuz that would make it look a hell of alot better...
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/22/02 08:33 PM
Is he going to make the hood too? If he is, I have a suggestion, move the scoop to where the airfilter sits because if I get a scoop it's gotta be functional.
Posted By: vanctour Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/22/02 10:44 PM
yah, functional!!! but gotta look good too. if he is making the hood too, is there a package deal? (cheaper if we get hood and body kit)
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/23/02 12:54 AM
Not sure I could find out and let everyone know. In a couple of weeks I'll have the rear bumper from the the group buy for 98+. I'll have to post pictures of it when I receive it.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/23/02 06:03 AM
Not sure I could find out and let everyone know. In a couple of weeks I'll have the rear bumper from the the group buy for 98+. I'll have to post pictures of it when I receive it.
i'll have side skirts and rear bumper from 98+ GB. and if hood is functional, either needs to let heat out or be a ram air with new filter put where TB is so it goes directly into it.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/23/02 11:44 PM
If he is making a hood it's not included in the $650.00; BTW I am the first one 100% in on this, I sent my deposit today, If you guys out there want it: MAKE IT HAPPEN

Oh, and page 5 own3d
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/24/02 12:47 AM
You're only Page 3 on mine

It's all in the page settings now 20 posts per page... haha
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/24/02 05:25 AM
Originally posted by nyceboi:
You're only Page 3 on mine

It's all in the page settings now 20 posts per page... haha
near bottom of page 3 on mine,,, and i'm in 100% on this, just have to pay for the other part that i'm 100% in on first.
Posted By: gSto Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/24/02 05:54 AM
If anyone can get me some pictures of the hellaRS body style for the post-98s i can photoshop it... here is a sample of my car photoshopped (my car is a basic 95 GL...no mods)
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/24/02 06:00 AM
check out 98+ GB post
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/24/02 09:17 AM
a Mustang style hood for the Contour would be pretty dope
Posted By: vanctour Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/24/02 08:44 PM
question for the people, is this body kit dot approved? are any? do they need to be? i got dinged by a cop yesterday for having changed by windshield washer nozzles with non dot approved ones. he said to me in a snotty, arrogant tone that nothing but dot approved parts are allowed on the car. I have ventvisors, i don't even know if they are dot approved. Now i got a $58 ticket. I'm challenging this in court. because i believe we have the right to dress our cars up the way we like them. (freedom of expression) what do you guys think?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/24/02 09:17 PM
whats dot approved??
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/24/02 10:05 PM
DOT = Dept. of Transportation I think that it will completely depend on your state and your knowledge of federal code reguarding aftermarket car parts. There are laws on the books (although seldom enforced) that regulate every part of an automobile(although they are usually ridiculously vague). Basically if the box the nozzles came in said "intended for off road use only" then they can probably tag you for it. Be careful going to court, cause even if you get the fine dropped you'll still have to pay the court costs.

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/25/02 12:23 AM
only if your windshield washers were flashing should he be able to give you a ticket, maybe if they were lit up (especially blue/red), definetly not in the day. i know where i live you can have body kit, washer nozzles, underbody neons as long as they don't flash, and i've been told even drive w/o a hood. and i wouldn't want one of those generic mustang style scoops, saw it on two foci today, gets old.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/25/02 02:00 AM
you're tellin me you wouldn't take a hood like this on your Contour

you're crazy!

If I had an SVT I'd throw a hood like that on there so quick...
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/25/02 03:25 AM
HELLZ NO! If that's the only way the hood comes, I won't buy it. The only acceptable hood scoop for me would be have it off-center sitting right on top of the airfilter, thus making it a functional scoop.
Posted By: Crofty59 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/25/02 03:55 AM
the hood i beleive will be the one seen in the picture posted of the european version of the contour. It is an f50 scoop. If not that on then I am making the modified wrx style. and the mustang scoop peps are talking about is one that i made from an idea looking at one not an a replica. The body kit will be the same as the 98+ and you can get a discount for a hood and kit after the bulk buys on the parts are done. The price will not get better than the bulk buy prices. And you will be able to get the parts after the bulk buy is done. You can get them for as long as I can get people to buy them.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/25/02 04:26 PM
Hella did you get my deposit yet? I sent it paypal instead of the snail mail like we had discussed.
Posted By: highline9 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/25/02 04:26 PM
have a 95 lx...want the entire body kit, which i think is for $650...to whom do i send the deposit, is there an estimated shipping date, ect. Any/all information would be great. Thanks.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/25/02 08:29 PM
Highline, yes the body kit is 650.00, and you can send your $150.00 deposit to Terry(hellahydro) at groundefx(remove-first)@hotmail.com. This should get off the ground sometime early in the new year(hopefully).

I don't know what these guys are talking all crazy about a hood for, they haven't even started the hood GB for the 98+'s (hood with a scoop that is made by Kaotic) and there is already a stock look CF pre-98 hood GB THIS THREAD is for the body kit and those who want it, not the hood.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/25/02 10:14 PM
i was thinking of a different style hood scoop (also on stangs) and for those who want it off center over the air filter, how bout this, in center over throttle body, it's called ram air, would look better and would flow better. I want a hood w/ scoop, and there is no thread for kaotic's pre98 hood, so i post here. so crofty, if it's gonna have the wrx scoop, will it be functional as intake directly over TB? or will it let heat out?
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/25/02 11:17 PM
In reply to:

I want a hood w/ scoop, and there is no thread for kaotic's pre98 hood, so i post here.

Are you somehow unable to start a thread on your own(maybe in the aesthetics forum) so that this thread can serve its intended purpose? All I'm saying is if you guys(Kremi, Jigga, ect...) want to discuss hoods and scoops or Nuclear weapons proliferation even, the whole rest of this site can help you out.
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/26/02 12:54 AM
Originally posted by ohsigmachi:
In reply to:

I want a hood w/ scoop, and there is no thread for kaotic's pre98 hood, so i post here.

Are you somehow unable to start a thread on your own(maybe in the aesthetics forum) so that this thread can serve its intended purpose? All I'm saying is if you guys(Kremi, Jigga, ect...) want to discuss hoods and scoops or Nuclear weapons proliferation even, the whole rest of this site can help you out.

Word...Lets keep this forum for the body kit only...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/26/02 12:55 AM
well, seeing as i want to make sure kaotic gets the input, then i want to post here, if you have such a big problem with it go start a thread, i'm getting in on the pre98 kit and want a hood, who said a thread can't have more than one purpose?
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/26/02 02:16 AM
There are already 6 pages(on my browser at least) to this thread and barely half the posts are about the body kit, but rather this fictitious hood that isn't the issue here. You want the hood? You start the thread. You wanna ask Q's about this'n that piont of the body kit post away, but take the hood stuff somewhere else for the sake of the group buy and people(like me) that already have thier deposit sent in for it.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/26/02 03:18 AM
you people quit crying and start talking about the body kit again if its making you so mad

post some pics too
Originally posted by JiggaJerry:
you people quit crying and start talking about the body kit again if its making you so mad

post some pics too

Post pics of WHAT exactly?!?!?!?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/26/02 03:41 AM
the body kit

I like seeing pre98s with the SVT kit
but this thread isnt about the SVT body kit?

check my profile for pics of my SVT kit so far.....
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/26/02 07:28 AM
svt body kit, pre98 body kit...its all the same

but thats what I meant
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/26/02 05:02 PM
im sorry but what is this gb body kit gonna look like?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/26/02 09:47 PM

but thats what I meant
??? i would of course like to see pics, but seeing as the kit in question has not been made yet, i don't think your gonna see any pics, look at the 98+ GB for what it's gonna look like.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/26/02 10:06 PM
i already did but those are old now

I wanna see more...I'm a picture person
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/27/02 02:37 AM
here is a pic for you.

but thats what I meant

Its not all the same... THIS GB is for an Audi style body kit.... The SVT kit is much different (the front bumpers of which are no longer attainable........

Page eight OWN3D!!!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/27/02 04:14 AM
you forgot the side vents mikey
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/27/02 04:18 AM
ooooooooooooops, i wasnt planning on using the side skirts or do you mean the side vents in the front bumper? hey i am just an amature remember.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/27/02 04:20 AM
in front bumper,,, you do some very good work for an amature. can i have your car?
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/27/02 06:04 AM
Well seeing hows there are going to be no more pre98 svt front bumpers made looks like I'm in.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/27/02 07:47 AM
ooooooo yeah...I like!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/27/02 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:

but thats what I meant

Its not all the same... THIS GB is for an Audi style body kit.... The SVT kit is much different (the front bumpers of which are no longer attainable........

Page eight OWN3D!!!

ok so besides the side vents on the front bumper what exactly is the difference?

pre98 kit picture right next to the svt kit picture would work
Posted By: vanctour Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/27/02 08:54 AM
since this GB is going to take place after the new year, is it possible to put in the deposit after the new year? short on cash and xmas is coming up.
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/27/02 04:45 PM
Pictures will be available soon, I'll even make a video for you all
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/27/02 05:07 PM
ok i like the kit i am in also when is deposit due? and will it be hard to put on or is just bolt up?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/27/02 05:43 PM
tight...don't forget to mention my name somewhere in the video
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:

but thats what I meant

Page eight OWN3D!!!

ok so besides the side vents on the front bumper what exactly is the difference?

pre98 kit picture right next to the svt kit picture would work

There! See the difference?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/28/02 06:29 AM
jigga, have you gotten an eye exam lately?
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/28/02 08:06 AM
It's $650 for EVERYTHING, right? (Front bumper, rear bumper, and side skirts) Or is the front bumper extra?

After seeing mikey boy's pics, I AM VERY INTERESTED.

How long will it be before we see real (not photchopped) pics of the actual kit on a pre-98? Also, what is it made of? CF or FG?

Thanks,
BP
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/28/02 08:15 AM
i see...the pre98 front bumper seems to flow alot nicer with the car

I was just thinkin...damn that front bumper looks alot like a Dodge Stratus
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/28/02 08:15 AM
no, I'm completely blind
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/28/02 08:32 AM
FG
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/28/02 06:27 PM
Hella,

I took the liberty of sifting through all the "hood talk" and made a list of all those who said they were completely in on this thread.

1. Me (deposit sent)
2. Kremithefrog
3. Poopstainz
4. Johny Hennesy
5. Gsto84
6. Ryno368
7. Contour LX SPort
8. Highline9
9. Lucky95tour

looks like enough to get this going.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/28/02 08:02 PM
Hella,

I took the liberty of sifting through all the "hood talk" and made a list of all those who said they were completely in on this thread.

1. Me (deposit sent)
2. Kremithefrog
3. Poopstainz
4. Johny Hennesy
5. Gsto84
6. Ryno368
7. Contour LX SPort
8. Highline9
9. Lucky95tour

looks like enough to get this going.

me and kremit are going in on it together, not seperately
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/28/02 08:35 PM
1. Me (deposit sent)
2. Kremithefrog/poopstainz
3. Johny Hennesy
4. Gsto84
5. Ryno368
6. Contour LX SPort
7. Highline9
8. Lucky95tour

Updated!! and still enough to get it off the ground if EVERYBODY walks the walk.

Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/28/02 09:35 PM
when is the last day to give in the money? the kits won't be made atleast till' jan. right?
Posted By: vanctour Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/29/02 12:24 AM
i'd be in, but i need to know when the latest the money can be in by. Also, i live in Vancouver, Canada, so taking shipment of this'll be hard. I'd like to know approx when this kit'll be complete so i can coordinate pick up elsewhere(in USA). Some info would help.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/29/02 03:02 AM
Although Terry hasn't said when the cutoff day will be, he did initially say that he wasn't even going to start taking deposits until January, but I forced my money upon him to make sure he knew real interest was there, but I'd guess February will be the cutoff month (but just guess!!). as to when they ship...no idea, because they have to get a car in the shop to make the mold for the front clip. Then production can start. So based upon my imaginary cutoff date of early Feb. If everything goes smoothly the first units might ship by March?? I am being really conservative, just from how long it has taken for the 98+ GB.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/29/02 05:45 AM
should take lot less than 98+ GB, since only front needs to be molded,,, and i'm for sure in (not putting deposit down until near deadline), gotta having the complete kit (already getting sides and rear).
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/29/02 05:46 AM
...did initially say that he wasn't even going to start taking deposits until January, but I forced my money upon him...

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT GUYS! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THE AFTERMARKET WILL GROW...WHY AM I YELLING?

to late... happy holidays...
Posted By: Tribal Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 11/30/02 06:33 AM
Hey!!!! You forgot me in that list I was in the very beginning I just didn't keep posting because I thought people would read far enough back. I will have my 150 in around the deadline GOT IT I REALLY NEED THIS KIT. I will mold it to my 95 mystique(front bumper) It will look awesome.
Posted By: highline9 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/01/02 01:15 AM
Do these replace the bumpers, or attach?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/01/02 06:03 AM
replace the bumpers and add/replace side skirts.
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/01/02 04:07 PM
Who do need to send the deposit too? I'll just sell the pieces from the kit I won't need. I should have the rear bumper soon from the 98+ group buy.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/02/02 07:43 PM
put me on tha list...jan/feb time sounds good to my wallet
Posted By: 97CS Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/03/02 02:07 AM
Ok so I honestly don't feel like reading all those posts, I read some, but this is the same kit from the 98+ hella kit, just made to fit pre-98's, and is tehre any way for me to just get the front and rear? I already paid and recevied the SVT sideskirts..
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/03/02 04:09 AM
You can have the rear bumper from the body kit I'm buying. I want the front and the side skirts. I'm getting the rear bumper from a SVT owner in the 98+ group buy. If your interested PM me. I'd sell it for a good price or possibly split the cost of the kit a fair percentage.
Posted By: vanctour Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/03/02 06:31 PM
just a question, i know that the rear bumper bolting pattern is different between the pre and post 98. So, if this kit is for the pre-98's are the bumpers going to be made so they bolt right up, or are we going to have to shave and cut and fiddle around like mounting the SVT bumpers to the pre-98's? There's going to be quite a bit of work involved getting the rears on if we just get the rears off the post-98 GB. Can they alter the mold slightly to change the bolt-on pattern? Just a question.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/03/02 10:32 PM
i believe rear is same,,,, front is different and will be changed in between the different GB's.
Posted By: highline9 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/04/02 01:37 AM
so mods to the rear bumper bolting are required?
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/04/02 04:21 AM
There should be no need for a mod to the bolt pattern for the rear bumper. All Contours 95+ shared the same bolt pattern for the rear bumper. Looks is the only thing that changed between the years. The biggest difference is the front end. Other than that all other parts will be a direct bolt on.
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/04/02 04:23 AM
Yes they will bolt right on. The only item changing is the front bumper between the group buys. Everything else will be a direct fit. That should make it faster than its going for the 98+ because all they got to mold is the front bumper.
Posted By: 97CS Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/05/02 12:20 AM
To whoever can answer this 100% positively-Is it possible for me to just buy the front bumper out of this deal? I will most likely buy the rear off ContourLXSport, and I already have the SVT sideskirts, and have had 'em for a while.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/05/02 12:22 AM
if you find someone to go in on the kit with you then you can buy just the front, though kits won't be separated by hella or kaotic.
Posted By: vanctour Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/05/02 12:27 AM
sorry, maybe i should clarify what i meant by bolting pattern. Yes, you are right, the bolts at the rear of the vehicle match up regardless of model year. However, at each end of the bumper cover, (right and left) wear the bumper wraps around to the side of the rear quarter panel, the pre98's have a different mounting or bolting pattern than the post 98's. Some of you who have tried putting on the SVT rear bumper covers on pre98's know what i mean. Although it is not overly difficult to get it to fit, it does take more work than just bolting it on. I know this, because i was in the process of putting on an SVT bumper when my garage guy told me that they don't just bolt up easily, some modification would have to be made, from looking at the bodyshop's ford part list with pictures. Also, i have emailed some guys who have made this mod and they have done it, although it took them a lot longer than they expected. All i'm saying is if they alter our mold slightly to fit our cars, it would make it much easier to fit. (PS i'm too cheap to get it done professionally)
Posted By: Jediboy Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/05/02 02:51 AM
I am will buy this body kit. Only if I can at least get it before the end of February. I will send full payment now if this is possible.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/06/02 03:00 AM
and I don't know enough about what I'm doing so this needs to be made as easy as possible
Posted By: SVT24 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/06/02 01:00 PM
What kind of deposit are you taking, and when can we expect the kits?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/07/02 03:12 AM
i think deposit will be about $125 and deadline won't be till sometime next year. we can expect it next year, i'm guessing sometime after february.
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/07/02 08:18 AM
Thats cool I'll probably pay the whole amount at once too.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/08/02 03:53 PM
Sorry I didnt want to read all 12 pages of this pre 98 buy but is thier any chance that this kit will botl right up for a 97 merc mystique? If so I am interested, but will have to wiat tell the new year rolls by.
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/08/02 04:35 PM
the sides and back bolt right on like they were there all along. the front however will take some work to go on. peace.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/08/02 04:44 PM
yes I am aware of the fact teh skirts and back will bolt right up its the front i really dont want to mess with... Maybe i should of rewored my question. Anyways is it possable to get a front custom made so it will bolt right up?
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/08/02 05:49 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, you can do anything you want to if you want to pay the price.
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/08/02 06:16 PM
sorry to bring up hoods again but will there be a hood made by u hella?
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/09/02 01:07 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, you can do anything you want to if you want to pay the price.

yeah common sence tells you that but not everyone has a unlimited supply of cash flow man. Thats why I want to know if I can get the kit with the bumper ready to bolt right on upto my 97 stique
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/09/02 02:28 AM
I would PM HellaHydro and find out. I'm not sure but I wouldn't see anything as to why they wouldn't do it.
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/09/02 02:57 AM
they will do it! it will cost you big bucks though.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/09/02 04:48 AM
I would PM HellaHydro and find out. I'm not sure but I wouldn't see anything as to why they wouldn't do it.

Thxz man I forgot all about private messages on this board. Ill pm him and see what he has to say!
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/10/02 04:59 PM
hows it going?
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/10/02 05:56 PM
Well so far I have sent him 1 or 2 pms and no replies as of yet so I am going to start to asume that the answer is no, but if its no hes losign an order but oh well its upto him.... but ill give it a few more days becuase he might not of had time to check and all.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/10/02 06:33 PM
I'm in if I can just buy just the front bumper. I don't understand why you couldn't buy just one pieccee.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/10/02 09:55 PM
on the 98+ GB, they won't split kits, not sure why they won't either, but i've just had to go in w/ other people to get what i want.,, now if i knew about this i could have just waited for the pre98 kit, but oh well. just will get sides and back first then wait for front.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/11/02 04:51 AM
How much do you think it might cost to get the bumper made to fit onto my car? And is it legal to drive aroudn DFW area in Dallas with no front bumper with a stuique? And if I could get the bumper done like that on the kit i can pay it all at once for the kit but some how i dont think thier is hardly any love for teh stiques...
Posted By: 95DragonGL Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/11/02 06:15 AM
I might be in but I want more pics you can e-mail them to me at carr_danny@hotmail.com
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/11/02 06:19 AM
Originally posted by 95DragonGL:
I might be in but I want more pics you can e-mail them to me at carr_danny@hotmail.com

no no dont do that post them on the baord. We all want to see lol
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/12/02 04:36 PM
look near the middle of the post there are pics
Posted By: smoothy_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/15/02 09:39 AM
is this still goin down?
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/15/02 07:14 PM
Originally posted by smoothy:
is this still goin down?

YES
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/21/02 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Ryno368:
look near the middle of the post there are pics

THOSE PICS ARE OF THE PRE 98 SVT BUMPER I WANT TO SEE PICS OF THIS NEW KIT? LOOKS LIKE I'M MI GHT BE GETTING ONE SOON BUT DEPENDING ON WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE ? SO CAN SOMEONE POST SOME PICS OF WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/21/02 05:19 PM
for pics check out the 98+ GB for the hellaRS kit. it'll be the same except on a pre98.
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/21/02 09:55 PM
How much will be needed for deposite? It takes 4-6 weeks after it start right? I just might have the money for this if I don't have to pay in full right the way.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/22/02 02:11 AM
i think it'll be $125 deposit.
Posted By: 1WorldCar Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/23/02 05:56 PM
Please count me in for the pre 98 body kit. and I read a few posts about the front bumber needing modification? is this true? or do the skirts & both bumbers bolt up? / Also, when and where do I send my deposit and will I be notified when this ball starts rolling?

Tim S
96 Contour Zetec ATX
OEM Mondeo amber side markers (modified to fit)
OEM Mondeo roof mounted antenna
Mondeo emblem
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/23/02 06:09 PM
pm me the info that you need for kit and ill send some cash flow you way
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/24/02 03:06 AM
pre98 hella kit should fit any pre98 CONTOUR perfectly. keep reading this forum to see when the deadline for deposits is. the GB on this kit won't even start until the 98+ GB is over (kits still being made). my guess is deadline will be in february or march, but that's my guess.
Posted By: Jediboy Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/25/02 02:43 AM
Woohoo! Contour with hood scoop! Looks like a mustang.

Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/25/02 03:32 AM
Nice photoshop work. The body kit should turn out nice. Can't wait to get mine and get it installed this spring. There should be a lot of contours with the Hella body kit at the national meet.
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/27/02 09:02 PM
I just recieved good word that the first of the 98+ body kits should ship in 2-3 weeks. When they do I'll have the rear bumper. I'll post pictures of it when I get it.
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/28/02 04:12 AM
YUK!
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/28/02 08:56 PM
not if I post pix first
Posted By: Jediboy Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/28/02 11:47 PM
Originally posted by AirKnight:
YUK!

Oh come on airknight....you know you want one!
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/29/02 06:39 PM
You'll have to pay me to put a hood with scoop like that on my car.
Posted By: gSto Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/29/02 09:19 PM
i like that hood scoop, but then again, i dont like SUBTLE things
Posted By: vanctour Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/31/02 01:36 AM
That hood scoop looks pretty good! but i don't see it being all that functional. i do see it being an easy mold to put into a CF hood though.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/31/02 01:41 AM
I dont know mcuh about scoops and all but what if it was setup liek a ram air thing
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/31/02 03:20 AM
Originally posted by StealthWyvern:
I dont know mcuh about scoops and all but what if it was setup liek a ram air thing

it would cost $$$, a intake design to fit both duratecs and zetec's would have to be made. now a functional scoop that lets heat out the back (would look similar to a mustang hood, but hopefully better and not as cheap) could work.
Posted By: 1WorldCar Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/31/02 05:22 AM
All I want is this body kit for my pre-98 Contour.. Hood scoop maybe, but it would have to fit the contours of our cars... Too Mustangie..!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 12/31/02 07:37 AM
it's been posted that a wrx style scoop will be used., i don't like the v6 mustang scoops used on some other cars. (a lotta foci buy them). but there are a few other stang scoops that are good. there is one from an old datsun z type car that had vents on either side and a scoop, that would be cool if it flowed good.
Posted By: gSto Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/02/03 12:23 AM
So is this kit now including a hood?? or is that a sepperate charge?
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/02/03 01:18 AM
Not part of the kit kiddies.
Posted By: TOUR'ING Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/02/03 02:29 AM
I'm in. Just give me the info.

Beazulbub

'97 Contour
Just bought it so no mods yet.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/02/03 03:16 AM
nyceboi, will u'r 96 being getting the kit? is it also gonna be the model car?
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/02/03 03:20 AM
Are there any photos of this body kit?
Posted By: 1WorldCar Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/02/03 02:52 PM
Yeah, look at the 98+ group buy and thats what the kit will look like. There also some pics on this group as well about 1/2 way up the page..
Posted By: Robert S Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/03/03 01:38 AM
So when is the deposit due, And when will the rest of the $650 be due? I'm kind of tossing it back and forth to see whether I want to get one. I have to get a new O2 sensor soon, my car has a cough. So I can have a full payment ready in end of feb or beginning of march. Also, I know it's not painted but what color is the kit coming in? Beige, black, white? I seriously don't know about that kind of thing so please don't rag on me.

It would be sweet though to have a two tone tour*!

-Rob

*Say that three times fast
Posted By: 1WorldCar Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/03/03 01:56 AM
Originally posted by HellaHydro:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The price will be $650 + shipping and deposits will be requested after the New Year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this will move forward in January after the kits from the 98+ group buy have been sent out.

Just hang tight, HellaHydro will let us know soon
Posted By: Robert S Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/03/03 02:54 AM
I don't want to sound rude or anything, but what you posted I allready knew. I read about it possible being due this month, but I didn't know if that meant the deposit or the full payment.

Any info on the base color yet?

-Rob
Posted By: gSto Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/03/03 06:49 PM
Soooo excited!!
98+ body kits being shipped out within a week!!! which MEANS......OUR GB will move forward soon!!! woot!!
Posted By: Robert S Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/04/03 09:28 PM
Ok so I decided not to get the body kit. My tour looks nice as it is, all I need is a set of side skirts. Which leads me to the reason for this post.

Does anyone who is getting the kit in this thread or the 98+ thread, have a set of side skirts that are white that they would be willing to sell? I was going to buy them about a year ago, but the family started the nagging, so I couldn't. Now I make alot more money and in school full time, so they can shove it.

-Rob
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/06/03 06:15 AM
I'm in. Sign me up.

I just got done checking out the latest pics in the 98+ thread...nice.

Please send an e-mail to buttonpuncher@wi.rr.com when you need the deposit.

Thanks,
BP
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/07/03 08:12 PM
Will there be mounting hardware included for those of us who don't have side skirts? Also the deposit is $125 right? When is the rest of the money going to be due? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/08/03 01:37 AM
Do you have another view of you tour. Would like to see the front more clearly if possible?
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/08/03 08:54 AM
just my opinion based on the photoshop posted here of the pre 98 and having looked at the early photos of the 98+ the kit front will look better on the pre 98 than on the 98+

im sure it will look different once completed and painted but so far im not sure about it
Posted By: gSto Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/09/03 04:08 AM
yo i agree after i saw mikeyboys photochop
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/09/03 09:43 AM
I'd have to agree with that too. Its going to look good on my car.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/09/03 10:23 PM
I am seriously considering getting in on this bodykit- can the person in charge of it e-mail me @ Nateman_44040@yahoo.com, or just reply with their email so i can ask you some questions? I think I wanna get in on this sooooo bad.....
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/09/03 10:46 PM
when can we send the deposits I really want to get this going ASAP
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/09/03 10:47 PM
I want this to start in late February, can't have the deposite money 'til then. Will this kit continue to sell after the GB is done?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/10/03 08:33 AM
i sure hope so cuz I wanna get in on this sometime in the future

I'll know tomorrow if I get this job or not and if I do I'll be pullin in $1000 a month with no bills
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/11/03 03:11 PM
Has this group buy even started yet? If so who am I going to send payments to?
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/11/03 07:24 PM
We'll have more info soon. I believe Terry will be taking deposits as soon as the Post98 kit is finished and with pictures up.
Posted By: gSto Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/15/03 03:50 AM
i wannnnt this to happen
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/15/03 03:53 AM
Just count me in. I-ight!!!!
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/15/03 03:55 AM
it's happening it's happening!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/15/03 07:34 AM
no body kit for me

someone wanna send me $650
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/16/03 12:33 AM
no body kit for me

someone wanna send me $650

sell it on ebay to a non-Ceger
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/16/03 03:01 AM
i have to be able to afford one to be able to resell it

im about $650 short
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/16/03 03:14 AM
i have to be able to afford one to be able to resell it

im about $650 short

sell your car then
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/16/03 08:40 PM
good idea
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/17/03 12:17 AM
When is this going to happen?
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/17/03 12:18 AM
I believe it starts in Feb (fitting to the car)
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/17/03 11:18 PM
Does hardware come with it?
Posted By: gSto Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/17/03 11:40 PM
Do you think this will be done by atleast March 15th?
Posted By: irvsully2020_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/18/03 09:24 PM
When Is a good time to give the $150.00???
Posted By: 1WorldCar Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/23/03 03:37 PM
Originally posted by USMondeo:
All I want is this body kit for my pre-98 Contour.. Hood scoop maybe, but it would have to fit the contours of our cars... Too Mustangie..!

At this time I have decided to drop out of this group buy and go with the pre-98 splitter along with SE skirts and SVT rear bumber (which I already have) Please remove me from the buy list.

Thanks
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/23/03 08:54 PM

At this time I have decided to drop out of this group buy and go with the pre-98 splitter along with SE skirts and SVT rear bumber (which I already have) Please remove me from the buy list.

Thanks

no don't drop out...buy it then send it to me
Posted By: hydro Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/28/03 11:34 PM
What's up everyone? Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that as soon as we get done with the 98+ body kit, a pre-98 Contour will be taken to the shop where the front bumper mold will be made to fit your cars. We are just now finishing up with the molds for the 98+ Contours and we plan to begin shipping in 2-3 weeks. Check back for updates and we will start taking deposits as soon as we wrap up the 98+ body kit.

Thanks for all of your enthusiasm and support so far!

Terry
Posted By: TOUR'ING Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/29/03 12:45 AM
Thanks for the update Terry. It is greatly appreciated.

Beaz
'97 Contour

Posted By: gSto Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/29/03 12:49 AM
Yeah, thanks for lettin us know
Posted By: Cooliebuoy_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/29/03 04:06 AM
Count me in for this group buy!!!!
I just have one question....I'm from Toronto, Canada and I'm wondering how much more the shipping cost would be for me.

irvsully2020...I see that you are from Windsor...you have any idea how much shipping might be?
Posted By: irvsully2020_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 01/29/03 03:32 PM
He told me i could pick it up because he lives near windsor
i dont know if you want to drive down but its only a 3 hour drive
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/04/03 03:09 AM
Just trying to keep this afloat.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/04/03 04:12 AM
Count me into this group buy. I mustā??ve been blind; I just saw this thread for the first time today. Maybe I should check the G/B forum more often.
Hella Iā??m ready to make a deposit maybe even the full payment. Once the G/B starts Iā??m definitely in.
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/04/03 05:23 AM
Just let me know when you start to collect deposites and the details when you know. I hope you're going to keep selling them after the GB though because I might not have the money for it until closer to the summer.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/04/03 09:50 AM
im with knight and jerry...i hope this keep will be available after the buy...depending on the pymt schedule i may be able to come up with the money especially since (if) the pymt can be made in installments...

of course im still waffling on whether or not i want a kit at all...i like the stock look of my car but also love the svt kit on the pre98

i've also been wondering how ridicously expensive a one-off front would be...something that i would like to have that i wouldn't have to depend on a g/b to get....couple g's maybe??? that would be too much
Posted By: DRAVEN_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/04/03 10:09 AM
ppl [censored] about hood scoops but will run right out and put a gay ass towel rack on their deck lid and cal it a spoiler.
Posted By: DRAVEN_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/04/03 10:17 AM
What is the kit going to be made out of. Please say its urethane. Anyone who has ever worked with this stuff can tell ya that glass sure as hell wont fit. Its getting damn old chopping and splicing these things because manufacturers can make a glass kit fit a car.
Posted By: 1WorldCar Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/04/03 09:03 PM
Please count me in for the pre 98 body kit. and I read a few posts about the front bumber needing modification? is this true? or do the skirts & both bumbers bolt up? / Also, when and where do I send my deposit and will I be notified when this ball starts rolling?

Tim S
96 Contour Zetec ATX
OEM Mondeo amber side markers (modified to fit)
OEM Mondeo roof mounted antenna
Mondeo emblem

Ok sorry I left but I need this Kit so I want HellaHydro to know Im back in on this!!
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/06/03 06:19 AM
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/06/03 11:36 AM
wowzers...another pre98 pic for the collection...dope as always mikey
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/06/03 08:45 PM
did you photoshop that? it looks sweet. I think those lights would look geat with that kit, is anyone still making them?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/06/03 09:21 PM
Originally posted by DRAVEN:
What is the kit going to be made out of. Please say its urethane. Anyone who has ever worked with this stuff can tell ya that glass sure as hell wont fit. Its getting damn old chopping and splicing these things because manufacturers can make a glass kit fit a car.

it's made of high quality fiber glass. I'd prefer urethane or carbon fiber, but supposedly the kit is very high quality and should fit fairly easily and be durable.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/06/03 09:50 PM
OMG the front is AWSOME @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ if the +98 Front was like that i would CRAP my pants !!!
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/07/03 01:09 AM
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:
did you photoshop that? it looks sweet. I think those lights would look geat with that kit, is anyone still making them?

look under the 'morrette' group buy for the headlights...the rest is custom work i think...that pic is now my desktop btw

hmmm, lets see...morrette headlights...svt bumper/mirko splitter modded to fit some bigass wrx-style driving lights...works for me....how much
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/07/03 01:13 AM
i actually saw a wrx style front end today...it was on a Nissan...looks pretty dope to me

I was maybe hoping to ask him who did the custom fitting...maybe they could've hooked some stuff up for us Contour guys but never saw him
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/07/03 01:33 AM
i can't believe that not eveyone is jumping on this deal, i was about to get a custom front end for my car for $1000CND=$650US painted and installed, thats the front end only. then SVT side skirts and rear for around $1000US. now do the math and compare the looks, for $650 this is one hella of a deal.
thank you Hellahydro you are my hero.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/07/03 01:40 AM
mikey boy that is one sweet looking car. Is it real or photoshopped? i hope its real because i want these headlights.
Can anyone photoshop the bodykit onto a pre98
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/07/03 03:04 AM
it is photoshop man. i wish i had all that stuff. i want to appologize to hella for putting this is this thread. i thought this was the other thread about pre 98 kits. my bad but i cant delete it. i did it late last night and put it in the wrong place.
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/07/03 03:19 AM
We just have to wait for the 98+ body kit. But my deposit is ready to go.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/08/03 02:49 AM
Is this GB still open?

thanks
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/08/03 02:54 AM
I don't think its been started yet...
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/08/03 03:05 AM
I couldnt read all the posts but is it possible to buy just the front bumper? Sorry if has been answered before
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/08/03 06:06 AM
Yes were still waiting for the 98+ body kits to be completed. Then it's our turn.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/11/03 01:14 AM
Has this g/b commenced yet? I can still get my g/b going. I can any kit that the majority of you decide on too. I am not trying to bust this g/b up. I am just trying to get another one started. I want to see things done for the pre 98's.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/11/03 01:41 AM
no this GB hasn't started. it'd be cool if you make a kit, though i gotta stick with this since i'm already getting some parts from 98+ GB and need a full kit.
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/11/03 01:52 AM
not everyone is going to agree on a single kit. if you wanna make a kit or front bumper you have to decide what you want to do and do it, then say "hey i am making this who wants one?" there are thousands of bumpers out there to choose from. the important thing is that you get a bumper that goes along with the idea of the contour. it doesnt really have to follow the lines but something that fits looks wise. any one of these photoshops could be a real bumper.
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/11/03 02:01 AM
The pre98 development will begin with the completion of the post98 kit.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/11/03 03:06 AM
So can anyone photoshop the hellahydro kit from the 98+ onto a pre98.
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/11/03 04:27 AM

something like this.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/11/03 09:27 AM
thanks mikey,
Is it possible to add a splitter, silver mesh grills, clear signal lenses, and change the body color to black or midnight red.
this what I want to do with this bodykit when it becomes available, I'm also thinking about painting the car black or maybe just keep it midnight red. Can't decide
Posted By: m!key Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/11/03 03:19 PM
yeah for 100 bucks. damn man that is a lot of stuff. do they even make a splitter for the S4 bumper?
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/11/03 04:36 PM
I want in too - someone tell me if this is already in action for the pre-98 tours. Who do I send the $ or deposit to?? Does someone have a tele# so I can call the designer/maker? Thanks
Joe Barnes
blu_fuz
EGPLNT
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/11/03 09:19 PM
Not sure about if there are any splitters available but I know a shop here in Edmonton that will do any kind of custom work for the right money. I'm going to ask them to do the install&painting for the BodyKit and for a little extra they will be more than happy to add the mesh and splitter.
might as well do everything at once.
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 02/14/03 03:18 AM
I'm keeping my head-up for this kit, but the waiting period.......
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 04/01/03 04:19 AM
Originally posted by hellahydro (in 98+ thread):
guys i want to thank you for your patience. The back bumper is in fact being finished up and I just sent Chris the new sideskirts that we're going with. These will take 3 days to create the mold for after they get there. Trust that as soon as everything is finished, pictures will be up and payments will be accepted. i know i've stuck my neck out there a few times about the release date so i don't want to do that again but it's a good bet kits will begin shipping by the last few days of march if everything looks right and i believe that it will.

the front end and hood looks so insane and better than the original pictures that i cannot wait much longer for this. the main concern is just making the back bumper look as tight as possible. and you guys are going to flip when you see how the sideskirts look .

WooHoo!!!! The 98+ are almost done!

BP
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 04/01/03 04:28 AM
just to know...is it possible to send in a deposit to reserve my spot even though I wont be able to pay fully a month from then?? i really want in on this...but my next paycheck i'm droppin on rims.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/15/03 10:36 PM
any idea how long it will be til production is started on these?

need to know how long I should start savin money
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/16/03 04:12 AM
ditto
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/16/03 04:12 AM
BUY NOW SAVE LATER!

j/k bro - we're starting soon... we will collect deposits in two weeks!
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/16/03 04:16 AM
Posted By: 97CS Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/16/03 05:55 AM
/me creams pants
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/19/03 05:16 AM
...two weeks!

Anyone see the movie "Money Pit"? LOL!

BP
Posted By: blury Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/19/03 04:04 PM

something like this.

What is this. I thought this was going to be the mondeo kit. If its this kit here im out. I can make that my self if i want it.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/19/03 04:13 PM
Originally posted by blury:

What is this. I thought this was going to be the mondeo kit. If its this kit here im out. I can make that my self if i want it.

no, this has always been the kit that's being made. go make it if u want too. this is the same as the 98+ kit being made now. and by the way nyceboi,,, i don't wanna send my deposit for this until i get my part of the 98+ body kit, is the 98+ kit done yet?
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/19/03 06:20 PM
It really doesn't look like that pic - way better, better than it does on the Audi even . Check out the 98+ posts for pix of what we have.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/19/03 06:29 PM
Originally posted by blury:

something like this.

you're looking at the wrong pre98 group buy thread.
Posted By: blury Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/19/03 07:04 PM
Ohhhh ok. Well a little suggestion to everyone. Please dont name your GB the same as someone else's
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/19/03 07:30 PM
this one was here first actually...

anyway, I think the Mondeo one is on page 2 or something
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/19/03 07:31 PM
well its kinda not that hard to realize which post is which if u pay attention
Posted By: nkahrim Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/20/03 11:59 PM
I want in... but I would like to know if we would have the kits by the end of July. I want to get the car painted before next semester. Let me know if that's possible or when you would expect the kit to be done. If it can be, let me know how and when to pay you

Neil
Posted By: 97CS Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/21/03 12:00 AM
I still want in on this, really bad...like...REALLY bad...
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/22/03 06:40 PM
I'm still in on the kit too. I had some doubts but it still here. If the kit looks as good as the 98+ it will the [censored].
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/23/03 10:22 PM
I sent my deposit to Terry in november of last year...hoe he still remembers.
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/23/03 10:34 PM
I sent my deposit to Terry in november of last year...hoe he still remembers.

lol - yeah he remembers

Since I'm going to be working along with Chris on the car I can answer any questions you guys might have - though essentially it's the same car all over again so anything asked in the billion pages of the c27+ kit would apply here.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/23/03 11:24 PM
lets put a months extension on the time you will be excepting deposits...my bank account just got broken
Posted By: vanctour Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 05/28/03 07:37 PM
I just read that some of you sent deposits in already. I didn't know they were due or where to send them. Has the g/b started yet? I still want in! Please send details.
Posted By: jmgilman Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 06/02/03 05:36 AM
yeah...is the buying over for these? can we still get in on this?
Posted By: vanctour Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 06/02/03 09:43 AM
It can't be over, i don't think it even started yet. Waiting for the c27+ to finish first. just about done. so ours will start soon.
Posted By: gSto Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 06/02/03 12:32 PM
It's not over.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 06/02/03 03:11 PM
some people "froced" their deposits in, but the buy hasn't started yet, look for nyceboy to post when.
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 07/01/03 07:21 AM
What's the word? Is this going to roll anytime soon?

Thanks,
BP
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 08/09/03 10:49 PM
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:

Thanks,
BP

Ummmm... Anyone?
Posted By: onosway Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 08/09/03 10:57 PM

Thanks,
BP

Ummmm... Anyone?

why did you unearth this post? I already started the GB on it under Kaotic Innovations pre98 kit blah blah or whatever
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 08/15/03 05:10 AM
Sorry. I was unaware.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Pre-98 Body Kit Group Buy - 08/15/03 06:16 AM

Thanks,
BP

Ummmm... Anyone?

why did you unearth this post? I already started the GB on it under Kaotic Innovations pre98 kit blah blah or whatever

I'll keep it from being unearthed for you.
Let me know if you have anymore that you want to be put away.
© CEG Archives