Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TeamDragonTEK Euro Lights - 11/18/02 05:33 AM
Hello Everybody,

I wrote this message and started this thread to hopefully spark a few ideas and interests on getting some euro tailights for our cars. Can someone with higher connections please help get a group buy going on this so a manufacturer will take the time to make some for us. If anyone has any leads please help. I am sure there are plenty of us willing to sign up for these.

Sincerely,

TeamDragonTEK
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Euro Lights - 11/18/02 05:51 AM
doubt you'll find enough people wanting euro tails, now maybe something like hightower's tail lights would be good.
Posted By: TeamDragonTEK Re: Euro Lights - 11/18/02 05:56 AM
Oh, Btw for those of you looking to make "smart" comments i don't want them here. I just want help or at least a different taillight style for the 'tour. I am not trying to "rice" out my car i just want it my own style and i wouldn't mind a set of euro's. Please i am asking any help would be greatly appreciated in at least differentiating the style of our tail lights.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Euro Lights - 11/18/02 05:58 AM
Depending on the looks, I would be interested also. Nothing to ricey, maybe carbon fiber or like Chris hightowers idea would be great. Like stated above "Something Different".
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Euro Lights - 11/18/02 06:07 AM
Originally posted by TeamDragonTEK:
Oh, Btw for those of you looking to make "smart" comments i don't want them here. I just want help or at least a different taillight style for the 'tour. I am not trying to "rice" out my car i just want it my own style and i wouldn't mind a set of euro's. Please i am asking any help would be greatly appreciated in at least differentiating the style of our tail lights.
i hope your weren't saying my comment was "smart" i actually like some euro tails (apc sucks though) i would be in, but will probably have too many other things to pay for first, so if this takes months to get together then i could be in.
Posted By: TeamDragonTEK Re: Euro Lights - 11/18/02 06:15 AM
Take no offense. It wasn't suggested towards you i have just read other parts of the forum and this is not a flame war so please listen to me. I am not here to offend. This is just what i want to see. I want no comments towards the negative section here. This is just to get something going off the ground. ANY Suggestions for Changing the tail light appearance would GREATLY be appreciated.
Posted By: onosway Re: Euro Lights - 11/18/02 07:25 AM
There are two companies, that I can think of, that are working on this... I now take my vow of silence
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Euro Lights - 11/18/02 07:25 AM
In reply to:

Nothing to ricey, maybe carbon fiber or like Chris hightowers idea would be great.

I might be intreted in somthing like that as well.
Posted By: darksidaz_dup1 Re: Euro Lights - 11/18/02 11:48 AM
i want euro tail tail lights too
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Euro Lights - 11/18/02 01:36 PM
i like teamdragon's attitude..........best of luck to you bud!
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Euro Lights - 11/19/02 12:35 AM
Originally posted by nyceboi:
There are two companies, that I can think of, that are working on this... I now take my vow of silence

Hey!! That sounds like a "smart" comment! No place for you here sir!!
Posted By: Baby SHO Re: Euro Lights - 11/19/02 12:47 AM
I would definitely be down for some all clear tails with red bulbs. Clear tails make you look sophisticated and new age, not to mention borderline illegal. Only stickers and 3 foot super wings add the rice effect. Just shake off them haters!
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: Euro Lights - 11/19/02 01:13 AM
I'd really like to get some Smoked clear tail light lenses for a pre98 full sized pic but I really doubt I'll ever get them....
Posted By: MidWestRacer_dup1 Re: Euro Lights - 11/19/02 01:27 AM
I always liked the supra's tailights, It would be nice to have a set similar to those for the tours.
Posted By: 2.3Turbochicken Re: Euro Lights - 11/19/02 01:28 AM
plastic, whose car is that?? did they paint the tails, if so they dont look too good, I painted over mine and think they look good, but thats just my opinion.
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: Euro Lights - 11/19/02 01:41 AM
Originally posted by 96zetec:
plastic, whose car is that?? did they paint the tails, if so they dont look too good, I painted over mine and think they look good, but thats just my opinion.

That's my car, and its just a PhotoShop... I'm not wanting tinted tails(but that is most likely what I will end up having to do), but rather grey(smoked) lenses with no red at all......
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Euro Lights - 11/19/02 01:56 AM
I am so in for some new tail lights! carbon fiber eurp lights look great! Or even some new design like the supra mentioned above! Lets get this goin!
Posted By: shaun252 Re: Euro Lights - 11/19/02 05:03 AM
Id be interested in some clears or carbon...i like the eclipse clears
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Euro Lights - 11/19/02 06:07 AM
In reply to:

Clear tails make you look sophisticated and new age
i know to each his own, but i hope this was sarcasm. what is the appeal of clear tails. to me they r so distracting and completely pull attention away fromt the car overall, same as huge wings. so can anyone put it into words the appeal. the only ones i've seen that come close to being ok are the smoked and carbon fiber ones. i'm just curious.
Posted By: TeamDragonTEK Re: Euro Lights - 11/19/02 07:29 AM
Hey everyone,

I am glad we at least have some discussion going on. I have a friend that is talking to manufacturer's for us. I dont know if he'll pull through with anything. If any of you know of a different style. Please make the attempt. I will help as much as i can.

Sincerely,

TeamDragonTEK
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Euro Lights - 11/19/02 08:16 AM
Cool, hopefully your friend can come through with something.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Euro Lights - 11/19/02 08:35 AM
I think Euro lights would look pretty tight...I'd buy em
Posted By: TeamDragonTEK Re: Euro Lights - 11/26/02 07:44 AM
Update i just recently talked with a representative my friend knows. It seems that they are interested. I need to take a count and see how much interest there is. Then the prices will be lower. It's not the question of doing it. He wants volume so he can get us better prices. And also if we can get this thing moving. They'll give us a picture of what the "would be" product will look like.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Euro Lights - 11/26/02 08:09 AM
Depends on how it looks, post a pic when you get one. Then I will let you know for sure
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Euro Lights - 11/26/02 09:56 PM
depends on what it will look like and when available (can't afford right now,,, sometime next year)
Posted By: shaun252 Re: Euro Lights - 11/26/02 10:08 PM
you can count me as interested
Posted By: Static Re: Euro Lights - 11/27/02 05:08 AM
I painted mine kinda like that hightower lights but not near as bad ass. I like them and i have had tons of complements on them that they look really good and where did i get them at
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Euro Lights - 11/27/02 05:31 AM
<--------- interested, but needs to see what they will look like
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Euro Lights - 11/27/02 06:05 AM
I'd like to see pics too. Very interested.
Posted By: showngo Re: Euro Lights - 11/27/02 05:14 PM
i'd be interested probably after seeing pics....
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Euro Lights - 11/27/02 05:21 PM
Originally posted by LUCKY95TOUR:
I'd like to see pics too. Very interested.

I retract that last statment. Dont really care for them. Sorry lost my head for a minute.
© CEG Archives