Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 98SVT_LEO REFLECTIVE SVT window banner - 10/31/02 03:44 PM
GB for a reflective "SVT" window banner. These look really sharp and are easy to apply. They retail for $19.99, I have contacted the owner and am awaiting a GB price. So let me know if your intrested!

This is a quote from his Ebay auctions:
Ever notice how street signs and traffic signs seem to light up at night when you drive by them? Your car can have the same affect to oncoming traffic. Your are looking at a SVT window banner. It comes with instructions for applying. The color you see here in the day time is a silverish-white. At night it will "Light-up" when a light source hits it. OTher reflective colors are available
This is a link to see a picture.
[image]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1780991658&rd=1[/image]
Posted By: MotorCity Re: REFLECTIVE SVT window banner - 10/31/02 03:47 PM
The image:

Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: REFLECTIVE SVT window banner - 10/31/02 03:54 PM
Word to the wise,

check your local laws before purchasing these, as they are illegal in a few states. California, Alabama and Georgia I know for sure.
Moose
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: REFLECTIVE SVT window banner - 10/31/02 07:04 PM
Word to the wise heeded: Checked with local FL laws

In Miami, OLO, and JAX: as long as there is NO EMITTED light, there is no law being broken, in fact, they say, if anything, it is a safer vehicle because of it.. (This is true EVEN if it reflects a bluish or redish color..)

HTH
Ray

ref: Clay county of, Sheriff, 904-213-6600 Deputy Valencia
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: REFLECTIVE SVT window banner - 10/31/02 07:08 PM
Yes, btw!! I am VERY interested..

Count me in for ONE. Almost certainly the whitish relfective color.. Which other colors ARE available?

Thank you, in advance..

Ray
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: REFLECTIVE SVT window banner - 11/02/02 04:09 AM
If you make it REAL svt style, with the SVT all connecting i'd be interested...
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: REFLECTIVE SVT window banner - 11/02/02 04:10 AM
Or....does it.. i don't know i took a second look and it looked liked it might.... anyone know FOR Sure?
Posted By: 98SVT_LEO Re: REFLECTIVE SVT window banner - 11/09/02 07:33 PM
Well this sucks..........I have sent 4 emails to my contact. He has yet to email me back so i presume he has no intention of giving us the GB discount. Sorry :-)
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: REFLECTIVE SVT window banner - 11/10/02 06:15 PM
Or you guys can go to a sign shop and have whatever you want done. Just ask if they have 3M reflective tape for the banner. I have www.contour.org in 3M black reflective on my back window. Barely noticeable during the day and night unless light reflects on it.
Posted By: geoffct_dup1 Re: REFLECTIVE SVT window banner - 11/17/02 04:14 AM
Ah just think how far away a cop could see you at night. Of course since we are all perfect citizens that doesn't matter.
© CEG Archives