Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: zr500lc Floor mats 1998svt - 10/27/02 08:17 PM
I just bought a 1998 svt and i love it. The only thing it is missing right now are the floor mats. I would like to buy some but dont know were. If anyone has any idea were i could get some that would be great. The interior color is that dark blue.
Posted By: CUTTOUR 2628 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/27/02 11:33 PM
Bad news,those floor mats are not available any more nor are the regular midnight blue ones, ford stopped making them
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/27/02 11:49 PM
I just saw some for like $200.00 If you still want them send me PM I'll look for the site again.
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/28/02 02:11 AM
If we can't find a source for new svt floor mats I think we should find a company who can produce them if there is enough interest from folks. I asked Bill Jenkins about floor mats and he had a company make them when he was in Boston. I'd be willing to do some investigating about this if there is interest. So who out there wants or will need new svt floor mats? (That should be everybody w/ an SVT. )
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/28/02 02:52 AM
i do!!
Posted By: TGO Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/28/02 02:57 AM
i would contact bill..AFAIK there were extra mats produced and they are still for sale.
Posted By: cthomp21 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/28/02 02:57 AM
I'd probably be in for another set.
Posted By: solefood21_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/28/02 04:59 AM
word. me too.
keep us posted.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/28/02 02:22 PM
i contacted bill a few weeks back and he got me hooked up with his old dealership.....when i called them, about 3-4 weeks ago....they had 1 full set of the off colored mats left, and i think 2 front pairs of the "corrected" mnblue mats left and i think that was about it.........they dont have enough anymore to supply anything to anybody.....so getting another batch made, sounds like a good plan to me......i bought a used svt and i dont have mats either......
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/28/02 02:30 PM
Sorry, I just went through the web site, these look like aluminum mats.
http://www.legend5.com/floormats/index.htm#ford
Posted By: zr500lc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/28/02 11:12 PM
yeah i would like the email address. It would be alot of help
Posted By: zr500lc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/28/02 11:14 PM
i would be interested for sure. If you could please email me any info you find out on this company that makes them
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/29/02 03:46 AM
Interested
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/29/02 04:49 AM
Originally posted by csc99svt:
i contacted bill a few weeks back and he got me hooked up with his old dealership.....when i called them, about 3-4 weeks ago....they had 1 full set of the off colored mats left, and i think 2 front pairs of the "corrected" mnblue mats left and i think that was about it.........they dont have enough anymore to supply anything to anybody.....so getting another batch made, sounds like a good plan to me......i bought a used svt and i dont have mats either......

I'll try and find out what company they had manufacture their mats- I have heard they were of good quality, better than OEM. I'll try and get more info and report back- hold tight folks. And meanwhile if there is anybody else interested let me know through this thread- might be a good idea to indicate what color you would need (i.e. midnight blue or praire tan), so we can get a sense of what we might need.
Posted By: woz_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/30/02 12:49 AM
I am down for a set, midnight blue.
Posted By: ravnrobb Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/30/02 01:26 AM
Try here my wife ordered me a set for my B-day
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/

Custom fit and comes in most factory colors
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/31/02 09:00 PM
Here's the update folks:

Spoke with Bill Jenkins and he refered me to Falcon Enterprises out of Santa Anna, CA- the company he had remanufacture the mats. Called Falcon Enterprises and they still have all the templates and production info for the mats so remanufacturing them again should be no problem. The guy there is going to get back to me with pricing either in the next 2 days or sometime after the 12th of November (they have a big SEMA expo or something going on next week and will be very busy).

When I get the pricing I'll let you all know what it will be. Again, if there are any more folks out there who want new mats- post here and let me know the color and whether you just want a front set, a back set, or a whole set of front and back.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/31/02 09:03 PM
props to svtdc....wait to go bud....i want a set of blue ones...maybe even two.....price doesnt matter
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/31/02 09:09 PM
Here's the list of interested CEGers:

zr500lc- midnight blue, complete set
XKontour98- color? set?
cthomp21- color? set?
solefood21- color? set?
csc99svt- color? set?
Bridge- color? set?
woz- midnight blue, set?
svtdc(me)- midnight blue, complete set

That's 8 folks- the more the merrier and the cheaper. Anybody else?
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/31/02 09:15 PM
Here's the updated list of interested CEGers:

XKontour98- color? set?
cthomp21- color? set?
solefood21- color? set?
csc99svt- midnight blue, complete set (maybe 2)
Bridge- color? set?
woz- midnight blue, set?

That's 8 folks- the more the merrier and the cheaper. Anybody else?
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/31/02 09:26 PM
i'm in for two sets of midnight blue up front, and one set in the rear. . .maybe three sets up front, just need pricing. . .

all midnight blue!

Suneil
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 10/31/02 09:30 PM
I'm gonna need Midnight Blue for my SVT Front and Back

Pending Price that is...
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/01/02 03:07 PM
Just got this email this morning:

"Hi Josh,

Thanks for your inquiry into purchasing SVT Contour floor mats.

They are available in front and rear sets only. Your cost is $59.95 per set FOB Santa Ana, CA. Terms are COD.

The minimum order is 10 sets. We have stock on hand to produce a maximum of 50 sets in blue and 15 sets in tan. Orders over these quantities would require a 125 set minimum order.

Current lead time is two to three weeks. We will submit sample swatches of carpet for color approval prior to production.

Regards,

Grant McCormick
Falcon Enterprises"

So to reiterate what was said above, here's the deal- the cost will be $59.95 and only complete sets are available.

Does anybody know what FOB and COD mean?

Because we can only get complete sets, all those people who wanted partial sets please let me know exactly how many sets you would like now that you know the cost and the fact that each set comes complete with front and back mats.

XKontour98- color? set?
cthomp21- color? set?
solefood21- color? set?
csc99svt- midnight blue, complete set (maybe 2?)
Bridge- midnight blue, complete set
woz- midnight blue, set?
ssmumich00- midnight blue, 2-3 sets?

Thats 9 people and possibly 11-12 sets. If there are questions next to your name please either post here or send me a PM to clarify your order. Once I get a more defined list of what people want and I can gaurantee that we want at least 10 sets, then we will start talking about the best way to arrange payment. I will also get them to send me the sample to verify color match and build quality and may try to post a pic for you all, if possible.
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/01/02 03:09 PM
Me too...Midnight Blue
Posted By: Pienstars Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/01/02 03:47 PM
I think FOB meens front or back. So 59.00 for a set of fronts and the same price for the rears. 120.00 for the whole set.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/01/02 05:00 PM
no FOB means freight on buyer, meaning you pay shipping in addition to the to 59.95 cost of the set of mats.....

at least that is fob means in accounting...

COD means cash on delivery.....

i hope it isnt 120 bucks for a set of mats.....sheesh...
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/01/02 06:50 PM
I definitely don't think the complete set costs $120- in fact I am 99.9% positive the $59.95 price is what they are quoting for the whole set.

Thanks for the attempted explanations though.
Posted By: Pigeon Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/01/02 07:59 PM
Originally posted by svtdc:

Does anybody know what FOB and COD mean?

FOB is a standard business term for shipping; it means "Free on Board" at a specific point to which the seller will pay shipping; delivery costs from that point on are the responsibilty of the buyer. In English it means essentially that the buyer pays shipping from Santa Anna, CA.

COD is "Collect on Delivery" which means that the shipper will collect the price of the mats from the buyer on delivery, or if the buyer fails to pay, the shipper will deliver the mats back to the seller.

Clear?

Scott
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/01/02 09:53 PM
I just received verification from Falcon Enterprises that complete sets of 4 mats (2 front, 2 back) will cost $59.95 each.

zr500lc- midnight blue, 1 set
XKontour98- color? set?
cthomp21- color? set?
solefood21- color? set?
csc99svt- midnight blue, complete set (maybe 2?)
Bridge- midnight blue, 1 set
woz- midnight blue, 1 set
ssmumich00- midnight blue, 2 sets
mcgainer- midnight blue, 1 set
svtdc(me)- midnight blue, 1 set

That's 10 people and 11 or 12 sets. We need to order at least 10 sets so... XKontour98, cthomp21, solefood21, and csc99svt please confirm that you want mats, indicate color and the specific # of sets you would like. If I can get confirmation from the 4 of you I will begin talking about timing with Falcon and how we're all going to pay for this.

Posted By: EuroTour Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/02/02 01:44 AM
I'll stick with the MOMO's with the caron fiber inserts for that price. Sheesh...
Posted By: svtcont00 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/02/02 06:47 AM
I also want 1 set midnightblue
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/02/02 01:54 PM
Originally posted by SVTMike99:
I'll stick with the MOMO's with the caron fiber inserts for that price. Sheesh...

this is a group buy forum, not a place for you to whine about prices.....i give props. 60 bucks for a brand new set of floor mats that are discountinued....i dont see you contacting companys and starting group buys, take your complaining elsewhere....or buy something if your are gonna post....
Posted By: zr500lc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/02/02 02:54 PM
This is great. I cant believe you went through all this trouble for all the guys here. Just wondering how and when you will need the money or what the deal is with payment.

Thanks again
Jon
Posted By: solefood21_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/03/02 07:22 PM
Sorry bro. I would like a full set in Midnight Blue. This may be a dumb question, but does the company have any problems with reproducing the SVT logo? Copyrights and all...

yep. Midnight Blue.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/04/02 03:37 AM
2 sets for me
Posted By: miller542 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/05/02 05:42 AM
Put me in for one set please, midnight blue.

Miller
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/05/02 03:35 PM

XKontour98- color? set?
cthomp21- color? set?

solefood21- midnight blue, 1 set
csc99svt- midnight blue, 2 sets
Bridge- midnight blue, 1 set
svtcont00- midnight blue, 1 set
miller542- midnight blue, 1 set
CMurderSHO- midnight blue, 1 set
svtdc(me)- midnight blue, 1 set

That's 13 people and possibly 15 sets.

XKontour98 and cthomp21- Please confirm that you want mats, indicate color and the specific # of sets you would like. (check your PMs)

CMurderSHO- I got your email, if your a CEGer please indicate your screen name so I can PM you if neccessary.

Because it looks like we want at least 10 sets, regardless of what these 3 people above are doing , I am going to ask that Falcon send me a color sample so that we can make sure the color matches our midnight blue interiors. I'll also talk payment options with them and find out the best way for us to pay for this. At somepoint soon I am going to ask you guys for your full name and contact info (including address, phone, and email) and I will give you all my contact info as well.

Hold tight folks, this GB may be moving slowly but it is moving.
Posted By: Matt2kSVT_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/05/02 06:17 PM
Put me down for 1 set of Prairie Tan. I got a set from the first batch and the SVT logo was spot on. Color was not perfect on the Prairie Tan, but close enough.
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/05/02 08:10 PM
I may be in for a set of midnight blue!
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/05/02 09:14 PM
I don't know if I'm going to have the money

So don't count on me to get your 10, but don't count me out if you know what I mean... I'm still gonna try and get the money.... Stupid Canadian dollar
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/05/02 10:18 PM
Originally posted by cruises8:

I don't mean to be a hard a$$, but I am going to need a stronger sign of commitment than that when it comes time to ordering the sets. How soon can you commit?
Posted By: zr500lc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/05/02 11:43 PM
you got me 110%
Posted By: Art Hazebrook_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/06/02 04:51 PM
Originally posted by solefood21:
Sorry bro. I would like a full set in Midnight Blue. This may be a dumb question, but does the company have any problems with reproducing the SVT logo? Copyrights and all...

yep. Midnight Blue.

The logo is the proper font and any "rights-related-issues" were probably taken care of with the first run (of which I got two sets of the Midnight Blue). The Midnight Blue OE carpet color seems to vary on different SVT's...so the floor mats might not match exactly, but overall am very satisfied with the quality from the first run mats!!
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/06/02 07:50 PM
Originally posted by cruises8:

I don't mean to be a hard a$$, but I am going to need a stronger sign of commitment than that when it comes time to ordering the sets. How soon can you commit?

I think I'm going to pass on these. Not because you are a hard a$$! But I already have two sets and they only have a few stains on them. I'm just going to try and get the stains out. Thanks anyway!!!
Posted By: SVTweeter_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/06/02 10:36 PM
Please count me in for a set of Midnight blue - 1 set - SVTweeter ... jared@dialupusa.net, let me know when and where to send the cash. Thanks. Jared @ 206-931-8181 cell
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/07/02 01:03 AM

XKontour98- color? set?
cthomp21- color? set?

Bridge- midnight blue, 1 set (not definite)
svtcont00- midnight blue, 1 set
blest985- midnight blue, 2 sets
mj_svt- praire tan, 1 set
SVTweeter- midnight blue, 1 set
svtdc(me)- midnight blue, 1 set (maybe 2)

That's 16 people and possibly 20 sets.

I spoke to Falcon today and they are going to send me a sample of the midnight blue to verify the color match. If all is well in that department then I am going to get an estimate on the shipping costs and I'll let you guys know exactly how much this is going to cost.

XKontour98 and cthomp21- I am still waiting for you two to confirm that you want mats, to indicate color, and the specific # of sets you would like. (check your PMs)

If your name is not on this list and you want to get in, please do so soon. I don't really have time to deal with folks asking to get in on this at the last minute.

The way things are moving I am optimistic that we can all have our mats in hand well before Christmas!

Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/07/02 10:18 PM
I'll take a set of Midnight Blue's please.
Posted By: svtcont00 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/09/02 12:05 AM
hey I think I will go for another 1 set midnight blue so its gonna be 2set for, but I want to know first how much is the shipping cost?
for 1 set floormats is $59.99 right just to make sure
thanks
Nicky
Posted By: 98SVT100_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/10/02 03:46 AM
IN for 2 sets in Blue.
I was in on the original Jenkins order, but got screwed out of them. Please do not lose my order.

Keep us informed.

Thanks
Posted By: mtrebs_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/10/02 08:21 PM
I'm in for 1 set of midnight blue. How are we going to pay for this...PayPal?
Posted By: svtcont00 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/12/02 07:36 AM
I will go for 2 set midnight blue
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/12/02 12:38 PM
i think we got plenty o people......any word on this?
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/12/02 06:41 PM
i think we got plenty o people......any word on this?

I agree, much more than this and I am going to have a hell of a time shipping this stuff out to all you guys.

I received the carpet sample for the midnight blue yesterday. It is a very close match, not perfect, but very close. In some light it looks like a perfect match, in other light, if you're really looking you can tell it ain't quite a perfect match. I think most, if not all, of you will be satisfied with it.

Right now am trying to gather shipping cost information from Falcon and from UPS. I should be able to let you all know the shipping costs within the next couple days.

I think the way we are going to have to pay for this is to have each of you send me a check for the total amount it is going to cost each of you ($59.95 * # of mats * shipping costs). I don't know anything about Paypal and frankly, when I looked it up on the internet I got all these sites warning me about how they can screw you out of your money, so I am little wary of going that route. I know this will require all of you to trust me so I will give you all my contact info so you can call me or whatever if you have any concerns. Of course, if you're not comfortable with this system then you don't have to get any mats.

Hopefully in the next couple days I can let you all know what the costs are going to be and then we can start really working on the payment issue.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/12/02 07:24 PM
($59.95 * # of mats * shipping costs).

you do mean "plus" shipping cost correct? trying to make a little extra cash, huh!?
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/12/02 07:52 PM
($59.95 * # of mats * shipping costs).

you do mean "plus" shipping cost correct? trying to make a little extra cash, huh!?

Damn, you cracked my formula! I didn't think anybody would notice.
I was going to be a rich rich man!

JK-My mistake!

Yeah, that's ($59.95 * # of sets + shipping costs).
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/12/02 07:58 PM
We should all start Group Buys with a markup like that.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/12/02 08:04 PM
i agree

i am up for charging people with your original forumla, just as long as i get a cut!
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/14/02 10:12 PM
I am hereby closing this group buy to new entries so that I can accurately estimate the costs.

XKontour98- color? set?
cthomp21- color? set?

Bridge- midnight blue, 1 set (maybe)
svtcont00- midnight blue, 2 set
blest985- midnight blue, 2 sets
mj_svt- praire tan, 1 set
SVTweeter- midnight blue, 1 set
TommySVT- midnight blue, 1 set
98SVT100- midnight blue, 2 sets
mtrebs- midnight blue, 1 set
lauraq- color?, 1 set (maybe)
svtdc(me)- midnight blue, 1 set (maybe 2)

That's 20 people and 26 sets.

I received this email from Grant at Falcon:

"Hi Josh,
Here's the info.
The total cost for 25 sets is $1,682.50.
The break down is $1,498.75 for the mats and $183.75 UPS charges including COD fees. Each set weighs 10 lbs."

So we have the Falcon to me shipping costs estimated and I am going to try and figure out an equitable amount to charge for the other half of the shipping costs (me to you).

If any of you want these things shipped to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, or some other far off land, please let me know. For those of you from the lower 48 there is no need for you to tell where you want them shipped, at least for now.
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/15/02 03:23 AM
Whats the cost of a set might want to ge in on this.
Posted By: svtcont00 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/15/02 07:36 AM
so where should I sent the check
and how much cost for shipping?
let me know
nicky
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/15/02 02:48 PM
Thanks again for doing this for us.
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/15/02 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Nickyd1298SVT:
Whats the cost of a set might want to ge in on this.

The cost to him is roughly $67 a set...plus additional shipping cost to us. I'm thinking $75 to our doors...
Posted By: Superperk_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/15/02 11:26 PM
I need one set of midnight blue. Have money waiting.
Posted By: DannyBoy6712SVT_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/16/02 03:16 AM
Can i pleeeez get in on this, the floormats from my buddies 88 Chrysler Conquest are just not making the cut for my 98 SVT. I need a full set of MB, im beggin ya.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/16/02 09:50 PM
I'm in Canada..... Can you send mine by regualr post, NOT UPS
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/18/02 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Bridge:
I'm in Canada..... Can you send mine by regualr post, NOT UPS

I think so. Will USPS work? If so I think 1 set of mats will cost about $25 for Airmail Parcel Post, delivery in 4-10 business days. I will fill out whatever customs forms are necessary- I think there are something like 3 forms that need to be completed.

Let me know via PM if you have any specific suggestions for how I should ship stuff to Canada.

Thanks.
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/18/02 05:54 AM
Ok everyone, I think I have all the costs worked out. If you want mats and you're on the list or you just asked to get in on this then here is the payment plan.

If you live in the lower 48 states:

1 set = $82.00
2 sets = $147.00

If you live in Canada:

1 set = $97.00 USD = $153.26 CAD
2 sets = $167.00 USD = $263.86 CAD

Here's the way I calculated the costs:

Mats = $60 per set
S&H (Falcon to Me) = $8 per person
Cost of Box = $4.00 (I was shocked to find that 1 card board box costs this much in DC but such is the case.)
S&H (Me to You) = $10 for 1 set, in lower 48 via FedEx
= $15 for 2 sets, in lower 48 via FedEx
= $25 for 1 set, in Canada via USPS
= $35 for 2 sets, in Canada via USPS

For those of you living in the lower 48 US States, mats will be shipped via FedEx ground service with delivery in up to 5 business days. For our Canadian brethren I will ship the mats via USPS Airmail Parcel Post with delivery in 4-10 business days.

For some people the shipping costs may seem a little high, for others though, it is actually slightly less than what the actual shipping costs will be- it all depends on where you live and how far you are from DC. I wanted to give one rate to everyone so I averaged on the high side of what the shipping rates are likely to be. I think it is small price to pay for the work that is going in to getting these things shipped out to you all. The price is also still way cheaper than what you would normally pay for a set of 4 customized mats. (Just look in the back of your Road & Track or Automobile mag for some price comparison.)

The way payment will work is that everybody who is still interested will need to send me either a personal check or a money order. Call me paranoid , but I am not particularly interested in advertising my name and home address over the internet for everyone in the world to see, so I am thinking that we should start an email list.

So, as soon as everyone who is still interested will either send me a PM or an email to Hoplite430@aol.com with the info below, then I will send you all an email with my home mailing address and cell number.

Here's the info I need from you:

-CEG Name
-Real Name
-Email address
-Shipping Address for the mats
-Phone number (optional, but the FedEx packing slips ask for it and if they have a problem with delivery for whatever reason they'll have a number to call.)

Does this sound reasonable to everyone? I know setting up an email list is adding an extra step to the process but I am just much more comfortable going this route.

Assuming it takes 1-2 weeks to get everybodies payment to me and 2-3 weeks to get these mats manufactured, I foresee these things being ready for shipment out to you all by the 3rd week in December. Sound about right to you all?

Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/19/02 05:21 AM
Hey everybody- Only 5 people have responded by sending me their contact info. If you want mats, the sooner you all get me this info, the sooner we will be to having Falcon remanufacture these things.

There is also the following cost update- Now that I am getting actual shipping addresses I can much more accurately project shipping costs and it looks like I will probably be able to drop the shipping charges by at least $1-2 dollars. (S&H to Canada will not likely change because those rates are for shipping anywhere in Canada.)

I will also keep looking for a place to buy boxes that are cheaper than $4 a piece. The only boxes I have found thus far that are of the right dimensions are $3.95 at Mail Boxes Etc., but I'll keep looking.

Can anybody think of any chain stores that might sell a variety of cardboard boxes? Part of the problem is getting the right dimensions. When I went to Office Depot they had no boxes that were even close to the dimensions we need. Currently I am looking at using a 20" X 15" X 10" box, but like I said, it costs $3.95.
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/20/02 02:51 AM
Alright folks, I don't know where all the interest went but this is the list so far of people have sent me their contact info.

miller542 - Andrew M. - 1 blue
ssmumich00 - Suneil S. M. - 2 blue
svtcont00 - Nicky K. - 2 blue
zr500lc - Jon P. - 1 blue
mtrebs - Mike T. - 1 blue
98SVT100 - James F. - 2 blue

Including myself, we have enough people to get these things manufactured so we don't NEED more people but I thought there was greater genuine interest than this for these mats so if you are interested I would encourage you to send me your contact info ASAP.

I would like to get the list of serious buyers finalized by the end of the week so that is the deadline I am currently imposing.

If there are any questions I can answer for anybody who is interested but wary of sending their contact info and then cash before receipt of the mats please feel free to post here, or send me a PM, and if you want to talk to me I'll gladly give you my cell number.

Posted By: Superperk_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/20/02 04:11 AM
Mabe you shouldn't have closed the group buy so soon. Because it's people like me that have the money waiting and has been denied the right to take part in this.
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/20/02 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Superperk:
Mabe you shouldn't have closed the group buy so soon. Because it's people like me that have the money waiting and has been denied the right to take part in this.

It's not closed. As I said in my first post with cost information, "If you want mats and you're on the list or you just asked to get in on this then here is the payment plan." Perhaps I wasn't all that clear, but what I meant to get across was that anybody who has expressed interest, whether it was before or after I tried to close the GB, can get in on this.

I triedf to close the GB initially because the number of interested parties was getting a little unmanageable for me, but then I felt bad when people like you wanted to get in on it, so I tried to open it again- I just didn't communicate it very well.

So the point is, the GB is open, just send me your contact info and tell me how many mats you want if haven't already done so.

Falcon is just waiting for a call from me to tell them how many of these things to start manufacturing, so once again I encourage any and all who are interested to act now.
Posted By: svtcont00 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/23/02 07:54 AM
hi,
so when do you give your address and whats the final cost for the mats......
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/23/02 11:46 PM
Sorry guys this has slowed up a bit in recent days. I have been ridiculously busy at work and haven't been able been able to focus the kind of attention I would like on this.

Here's the plan though, tommorrow night I'll send everyone who has sent me their contact info an email with the final cost info and my mailing address.

We're getting there folks!
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 11/25/02 05:59 AM
Everybody should have received either an email (if your on the email list) or a PM regarding final cost info and where to send the payment.

Please send your payment ASAP because the sooner I get all the money together the sooner I can call Falcon.

Here's the list of those I emailed:

Andrew M. - 1 blue
Suneil S. M. - 2 blue
Nicky K. - 2 blue
Jon P. - 1 blue
Mike T. - 1 blue
James F. - 2 blue
Frank M. - 1 blue
Jared M. - 1 blue
Tom G. Jr. - 1 blue
Robert P. - 1 blue
Chris C. - 1 blue

And those I PMed:

nickyd1298svt
superperk
DannyBoy6712SVT
Bridge
cruises8
solefood21
woz
cthomp21
mj_svt
CMurderSHO
lauraq
blest98.5

Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/01/02 04:38 AM
i would like to be inlcluded in this..... 2 sets, midnight blue.... Please tell me its not too late!!!!
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/03/02 04:53 AM
I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving.

I also hope the genuine interested in this GB is bigger than this-

Three cheers go to...

Andrew M. aka "miller542"
Jared. M aka "SVTweeter"

...for sending their checks.

If you have a check or money order in the mail please let me know so that I know whether to be expecting something from you.

If you haven't sent your check and you are interested please send it ASAP. I can not afford to ask Falcon to start producing 10 or 20 mats only to have 3 people actually buy them. That is why I am asking for the money up front. Only when I get enough checks to cover at least 10 sets can I tell Falcon start manufacturing.

Once they get started I expect that it will take 5-7 weeks to get them manufactured, delivered to me, and then shipped out to you all.

I will be shipping the mats out in the order in which I received checks. (So Andrew and Jared are first in line.) Hopefully that is an incentive for some of you to get your money in sooner rather than later. Those who procrastinate hold this thing up for the rest of us.
Posted By: miller542 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/03/02 05:08 AM
Great!! Thanks for the update, now everyone send their checks!!!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/03/02 05:22 AM
I sent mine today. . .
Posted By: svtcont00 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/03/02 07:30 AM
yesterday I sent the check....................
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/04/02 01:18 AM
Sorry for the delay. It's sealed and leaving in tomorrow's mail.
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/07/02 09:14 PM
Here's the list of checks I've received:

1. Andrew M. aka "miller542"
2. Jared M. aka "SVTweeter"
3. Jon P. aka "zr500lc"
4. Nicky K. aka "svtcont00"
5. Mike T. aka "mtrebs"
6. Suneil S.M. aka "ssmumich00"
7. Tom G. aka "TommySVT"

Between the 7 of you that's 9 sets of mats (all in midnight blue) and including me that's atleast 1 or 2 more- so we've met the 10 set minimum!!

Is there anybody else out there who has sent their check but is not mentioned here? If there is please let me know ASAP because if I don't receive anything or hear from anybody in the next couple days I'm going to go to Falcon and have them manufacture 10 or 11 sets- and you may be left out in the cold.
Posted By: solefood21_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/10/02 04:01 AM
Hang tight, mine's coming too! Give me just a few days...
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/10/02 06:43 PM
Ok folks...

Looks like we're waiting on about 4 more checks to come in. I'll post at the end of the week with the updated tally.

Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/12/02 07:42 PM
really sorry for the delay josh, but my money order is on it's way as well, should have it by saturday....peace.
Posted By: 98SVT100_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/14/02 01:49 PM
Should have received mine friday or today.
Do you have the update for us?

Thanks again for making this possible.

Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/15/02 08:24 PM
Here's the update.

Checks/MO have been received in this order:

1. Andrew M. aka "miller542"
2. Jared M. aka "SVTweeter"
3. Jon P. aka "zr500lc"
4. Nicky K. aka "svtcont00"
5. Mike T. aka "mtrebs"
6. Suneil S.M. aka "ssmumich00"
7. Tom G. aka "TommySVT"
8. James F. aka "98SVT100"
9. Guy E. aka "Tboneguy"

Still waiting but expecting money from...

Frank M. aka "mcgainer"
Grant O. aka "Bridge"
Deven S. aka "blest92.5"

This is taking longer than I had hoped but there isn't much I can do but wait.
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/20/02 04:34 PM
I'll have another update for everyone this weekend. I apologize to everyone for the fact that this thing has slowed up, but between waiting for checks , the Xmas holiday , and a promotion at work , I just haven't been able to devote as much time as would like to keeping everybody updated all the time.

It's gonna happen though and soon I think!
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/23/02 02:10 AM
Here's the FINAL UPDATE! WooHoo!

I'm going to call Falcon on Monday or Tuesday (or email if their office is on vacation) and request that they manufacture 20 CSVT floor mats in midnight blue. That number should cover everyone on this list, plus 2 for me, and maybe 1 extra if Superperk doesn't get me his $.

1. Andrew M. aka "miller542" - 1 set
2. Jared M. aka "SVTweeter" - 1 set
3. Jon P. aka "zr500lc" - 1 set
4. Nicky K. aka "svtcont00" - 2 sets
5. Mike T. aka "mtrebs" - 1 set
6. Suneil S.M. aka "ssmumich00" - 2 sets
7. Tom G. aka "TommySVT" - 1 set
8. James F. aka "98SVT100" - 2 sets
9. Guy E. aka "Tboneguy" - 1 set
10. Chris C. aka "csc99svt" - 1 set
11. Deven S. aka "blest_92.5" - 2 sets
12. Grant O. aka "Bridge" - 1 set
13. Kristin T. aka "GoodSki411" (Karen) - 1 set

This is also the order in which the mats will be shipped.

I am going to deposit everyone's checks and money orders on Monday or Tuesday as well. I hope this isn't a problem for anyone (I've been holding them until I knew we had enough people to make this happen.) If anybody thinks their check might bounce, don't be bashful and just let me know- I can hold it until you think the funds will go through.

[The only person who said they would send money and from whom I have not received anything is...

Robert P. aka "Superperk" - 1 set

Robert, let me know if and when you sent a check and if you're still interested.]
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/26/02 08:16 PM
I have been getting last minute requests to get in on this group buy so I am hearby CLOSING the SVT FLOOR MATS GROUP BUY .

On Friday I am going to ask Falcon to manufacture a total of 25 sets of mats.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/26/02 09:38 PM
just making sure, but i have already sent you a check for two sets, midnight blue, you have me included right????
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/27/02 04:02 AM
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
just making sure, but i have already sent you a check for two sets, midnight blue, you have me included right????

No worries- I haven't received your check yet, but I included you in the count.

BTW, in your address, is it Plainfield Street or Road, or what? PM me. Thanks.
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/31/02 06:32 PM
Ok Everybody-

I sent an email to Falcon yesterday requesting that they manufacture 25 sets of mats in the midnight blue color. I then called them this morning (just to see of they were in the office and to see if they anticipated any problems with the order) and it seems that everything is a go. Grant, my contact at Falcon, will send me final cost info and estimated time of manufacture and delivery in the coming days.

I spoke with him about delivery and it turns out that Falcon may be able to directly ship the mats to you all individually (including our Canadian brethren). This means that you should get the mats a lot more quickly than if they were shipped to me first. This is by no means finalized and I may be shipping them out myself but Falcon is looking into the possibility to see if they can ship them out to everyone themselves. Either way Falcon will get a lump sum check from me since they can't accept payment from each of you individually.

I'll keep you all updated on this.

Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

On another note: Does anybody know what happens to a thread in the GB forum if it hasn't received a post in a while and it falls off the forum list? Does it disappear for ever? A couple times this thread has come close to the bottom and I have posted just to make sure it doesn't disappear. Do I need to worry?
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 12/31/02 10:41 PM
will there be any extras after the sale that I can buy?

Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/01/03 04:26 PM
People who bought two sets might be willing to sell you one of theirs.....
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/01/03 04:33 PM
If anyone does have any for sale could you let me know?

Thanks
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/03/03 03:01 AM
Thanks SVTDC
I just hope I don't get raped on duty!!
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/03/03 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Kevdogg410:

Thanks

I have an extra set from the last GB. Drop me a PM if you're interested.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/03/03 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy:

Thanks

I'm also interested in a set but Kevdogg410 asked first, so if someone else out there has an extra set I'm interested!!
Posted By: miller542 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/06/03 05:35 PM
Any updates??
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/06/03 07:01 PM
Originally posted by miller542:
Any updates??

I was out of town on vacation for the last 5 days so I don't have too much to update except that today I sent Falcon the email pasted below. Hopefully I'll hear back from them in the next day or so and when I do I'll be sure to let everybody know.

"Grant,

Sorry about the delay but I was out of town for the last 5 days. Attached is the Buyer's List I compiled for the purchase of the Contour SVT floor mats. Please let me know if Falcon can arrange the shipping to each individual purchaser. If you can this will surely effect the final cost and the manufacture and delivery time. Whenever you make a decision about the shipping please let me know the estimates for cost and the timing of manufacture & delivery.

Thanks,

Josh"
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/06/03 07:08 PM
I did not order any extra sets of mats- but if you're really interested you can try to do what we did... start another Group Buy!! Falcon is the name of the company that manufactures the mats and I can give you their contact info if you PM me. They require a minimum order of 10 sets of mats.

If you want to start a GB I would recommend waiting a few months. After winter is over there may be a another group of CEGers ready to replace their mats.

Happy Floor Mat Hunting!!
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/06/03 10:19 PM
I got a response from Falcon and it seems that it will not be a problem for them to directly ship the mats out to everybody. This should speed the process up by at least 2 weeks!!

It is going to take them a couple days to work up all the cost and production timing information but I'll let you all know as soon as I hear from them.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/07/03 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Originally posted by Shaggy:

Thanks

I'm also interested in a set but Kevdogg410 asked first, so if someone else out there has an extra set I'm interested!!

Still available, drop me a PM.
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/07/03 10:21 PM
Good news everybody!!!

I talked to Falcon and the mats will be ready for delivery in 2 weeks (on about January 21st)!!

I still need to deposit all your checks and money orders but once they have all (or atleast most) have cleared I will write a check for the whole lot and send it to them.

WooHoo!!!
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/08/03 01:14 AM
u r the man..... hey if anyone wants to help out... the Bm short shifter GB need 8 more buyers for 140.00 a piece... just thought i would be a whore... sorry...<---- excited for recieving items.
Posted By: miller542 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/08/03 05:12 AM
Hey, that's great news. I can't wait to get them!!!
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/10/03 05:38 PM
Good news everybody!!!

I talked to Falcon and the mats will be ready for delivery in 2 weeks (on about January 21st)!!

I still need to deposit all your checks and money orders but once they have all (or atleast most) have cleared I will write a check for the whole lot and send it to them.

WooHoo!!!

Cool. Can't wait!
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/14/03 01:19 AM
Are we still on for the 21st?
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/14/03 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Bridge:
Are we still on for the 21st?

I think so. I haven't heard anything from Falcon but I am planning to mail them the payment tomorrow. I will email them tomorrow as well to let them know the payment is coming and will ask for an update at the same time.
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/15/03 06:20 PM
Good news- We're ahead of schedule! See the message below from Falcon:

"Hi Josh,

Just want to let you know that production is actually ahead of schedule for a change. Your mats will be packaged and ready for shipment by the end of the week. As soon as your check arrives they will be on their way.

Thanks,
Grant"

I dropped the check in the mail today so they should receive payment at about the same time the mats are ready to be shipped out to you all. This things is running like clockwork!
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/15/03 08:21 PM
Sweet!
Too bad it's winter!!lol
But I'm sure they'll look just as good in the spring!!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/15/03 08:29 PM
this should go down in CEG history as the most efficient, fastest, and easiest GB . . . other ones I've been on have been painful, long, and drawnout. . .this one has been drama free, thanks for arranging it!!!
Posted By: 98SVT100_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/20/03 09:50 PM
Hey,

Any further updates for us?
Is Falcon going to send them directly to each of us?

Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/21/03 02:39 AM
No updates at the moment. I'm going to send them email tomorrow to see if they've received the check and where they are in the manufacturing process.

And yes, they are going to be shipping the mats directly to each of us.
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/21/03 08:45 PM
This just in from Falcon!

"The check arrived in this afternoons mail. We will ship the mats tomorrow."

WooHoo!
Posted By: 98SVT100_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/21/03 08:51 PM
Can't wait.
Thanks for everything.

Posted By: miller542 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/22/03 04:17 AM

We will ship the mats tomorrow."

WooHoo!

WooHoo is right!! That's great news, I'll be looking for them!
Posted By: svtcont00 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/24/03 01:04 AM
I just received the mats
it is nice
thanks for doing this
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/24/03 04:23 PM
How did you get them? UPS Fed Ex?
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/24/03 07:18 PM
Originally posted by svtcont00:
I just received the mats
it is nice
thanks for doing this

You got the mats!? Awesome!

How do they look? And, yeah, how were they sent?
Posted By: svtcont00 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/24/03 09:25 PM
I got them by UPS
For me it is pretty good job done by falcon
I am happy with the mats

Posted By: tgrimes Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/25/03 08:17 AM
Anyone got a set they want to sell?
Posted By: SVTweeter_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/27/03 08:08 PM
Gottem!!!

Look kinda grey, like the ones that Bill Jenkins sent back to get better matching ones last gb, but I'm not gonna complain cause my carpet and the rest of my interior has faded anyways and I think it contrasts pretty nicely.

SVT on both front mats ... thats awesome!

Jared
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/27/03 10:31 PM
I hope they don't look that grey! I have some of the miscolored ones from the original Bill Jenkins group and they don't look anything like the color sample Falcon sent me. The original batch Bill had made looked grey (no where near dark blue), but the carpet sample that Falcon sent was definitely a dark blue with a tinge of dark grey.

According to Falcon, dark blue is one of the hardest colors to replicate accurately. Don't ask me why...

I'll compare the mats when I get them to the color sample they gave me. If there is any difference then Falcon is definitely gonna here it from me!

For now though, I'm still waiting...
Posted By: solefood21_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/28/03 03:21 AM
Thheeerreeee hhheeeeeerrrrrreeeee!!!

They do look pretty good, although the SVT logo looks a tad bit funny (I just can't put my finger on what...)

All bitching aside, They look great. Thanks again for your time and efforts in getting this thing rolling.
Posted By: mtrebs_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/29/03 12:18 AM
I hope they don't look that grey! I have some of the miscolored ones from the original Bill Jenkins group and they don't look anything like the color sample Falcon sent me. The original batch Bill had made looked grey (no where near dark blue), but the carpet sample that Falcon sent was definitely a dark blue with a tinge of dark grey.

According to Falcon, dark blue is one of the hardest colors to replicate accurately. Don't ask me why...

I'll compare the mats when I get them to the color sample they gave me. If there is any difference then Falcon is definitely gonna here it from me!

For now though, I'm still waiting...

I got my set today too! They are kind of grey but it's not that bad. Thanks for your hard work SVTDC!
Posted By: miller542 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/29/03 04:30 AM
Got 'Em!! Got 'Em!! Got 'Em!! Got 'Em!!

They look really good, about the best we're gonna get unless we jump back to 2000 and get some from Ford. I'm very pleased.

Thanks a million to svtdc for doing this.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/29/03 06:04 AM
hehe, GOT MINE TOO!!!! ANd I took pics. . .thanks!!! My interior looks so new again! THey're pretty grey, but I like that anyways, and the carpet is so much more plusher (GOD do I sound like a ghey ad). . .

SVTdc ROX! Thanks for organizing the GB!

old mat on the left for comparison, see how fluffy the new ones are (don't question my manhood with these descriptions)

Suneil
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/29/03 03:19 PM
hey wait a second now.....i ordered midnight blue floormats, NOT gray ones....that is fine and dandy that you guys are ok with yours......but that doesnt mean that everyone is gonna be cool with having off-colored floor mats.....i dont want off colored floor mats......one thing that makes me mad about this is that this happened once before, and they corrected the problem and those people got midnight blue mats. now we try a second group buy with these and they give us off colored floor mats again!? am i seriously the only person that is bothered by this.....i mean those pictures, the mats dont match at all, especially if you have a custom silver/blue interior with NO gray in it anywhere......
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/29/03 05:59 PM
i kinda agree man... i have two sets of greyish mats now.... but if there is nothing i can do about it... then what can i say....
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/29/03 06:22 PM
I still haven't gotten mine yet, but like I said earlier, when I do I will compare them to the carpet sample they sent me and if there is a difference I will contact Falcon and insist that they replace our mats.

For the time being, please make sure you save your boxes and any documentation that came with the mats.

Thanks.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/29/03 08:05 PM
I still haven't gotten mine yet, but like I said earlier, when I do I will compare them to the carpet sample they sent me and if there is a difference I will contact Falcon and insist that they replace our mats.

For the time being, please make sure you save your boxes and any documentation that came with the mats.

Thanks.

so for now, should I keep the stuff in the box. . .I think I threw one of them away. . .crap. I don't know, they're grey, but I didn't think we had any recourse. . .
Posted By: 98SVT100_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/29/03 08:46 PM
Got mine today! Thanks again.
They really look gray to me also.
I don't have a huge problem w/ that, but
if you can get us correct ones that is great.

Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/29/03 11:29 PM
hey wait a second now.....i ordered midnight blue floormats, NOT gray ones....that is fine and dandy that you guys are ok with yours......but that doesnt mean that everyone is gonna be cool with having off-colored floor mats.....i dont want off colored floor mats......one thing that makes me mad about this is that this happened once before, and they corrected the problem and those people got midnight blue mats. now we try a second group buy with these and they give us off colored floor mats again!? am i seriously the only person that is bothered by this.....i mean those pictures, the mats dont match at all, especially if you have a custom silver/blue interior with NO gray in it anywhere......

Yeah I'm not liking the grey at all
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/30/03 03:22 AM
yep got mine today.....this aint cuttin it......they are in the box ready to go back....just let me know when and where.......
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/30/03 05:00 AM
Well I received my mats finally and I compared them to the color sample that Falcon sent me a couple months ago and which I approved. There is not a huge difference but there is definitely a difference. It's as if they took out the blue and left the dark grey in.

Now like I said earlier, the mats were not going to be a perfect match. The color sample they sent me, which is supposedly what they used on the last batch for Bill Jenkins, was slightly greyer than the OEM midnight blue but it was definitely bluer than the mats they sent us.

All that being said, I am going to get in touch with Falcon and see how we can remedy this situation. One thing that will be an issue in all this is that I have to take a business trip to the Balkans for a week beginning Sunday and I will thus be unable to keep up with communications.

This means that I may need somoene to step in (at least temporarily) to stay in touch with Falcon while I am out of the country and unavailable. Does anybody want to volunteer? I want someone who will be firm but not an [censored]; it does no good to piss people off.
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/30/03 07:49 PM
Alright folks, here's the email I sent Falcon. If I don't here from them by tomorrow I will call. MarkusSVT has graciously voluteered to be the point man while I'm out. We'll keep you posted.

"Grant,

I and many of the others have received the mats and there is a general consensus that the mats are not dark blue, but dark grey. I compared the mats you shipped with the color sample you sent me and there is a discernable difference. The mats you shipped seem to lack the blue quality that was in the color sample.

I know you indicated that it was very hard to get a good match with dark blue, and I would certainly not be complaining if the color sample did not differ from the mats, but the fact is, a number of the buyers are dissatisfied with their purchase and the mats do differ from the color sample.

What can we do to rectify the situation. I know some of the buyers (including myself) would like to return their mats to be replaced by a set(s) that match the color sample.

Also, I am going to be out of town from Feb 2-9 so I have enlisted one of the buyers, Markus, to deal with this while I am out. He has been copied on this email so please copy him on your reply.

Thanks,

Josh"
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/30/03 08:22 PM
Sounds good
I just don't want to get raped on shipping costs on this one.
Posted By: zr500lc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/30/03 08:52 PM
I agree the mats are not dark blue and i would send mine back if there is a possablity of that happening. Still they are good quality and they do look nice but i think dark blue would be alot better.

Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/30/03 09:00 PM
Well Grant at Falcon just called me (good sign) and the next step is that I am going to send him one of my rear mats and a portion of the color sample so that he can see the difference and check to see if the production folks made a mistake.

MarkusSVT and I will keep you posted but it looks like there won't be any new information until they get the return shipment from me (which could take a week or so).

Once again I'll have to ask for you all to hold tight. This is a major PIA and the timing couldn't be worse for me but such is life.
Posted By: solefood21_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 01/31/03 02:06 PM
I agree, once I put them in the car, they don't match at all. Unfortunately, I too will be sending mine back for replacement.
The downside is that they will probably never do mats for us again.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/03/03 09:41 PM
Any news on the situation?
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/03/03 11:52 PM
i havent heard anything yet... i will go ahead and call again tomorrow, \ i will post with any info that i get then....
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/03/03 11:58 PM
I call off my dibs on the floormats Markus, don't want gray mats... thanks though
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/06/03 03:07 AM
ttt.....so what am i supposed to do with my grey mats?
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/07/03 10:54 AM
Hey everyone, I happen to have a free moment here. I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Podgorica, Montenegro and thought I'd check in with the CEG.

While out here I received the following email from Falcon:

"Josh,

This is in reply to your concern about the carpet color of your SVT Contour floor mats. We checked our production records and can confirm that the carpet used for this order is from the same carpet roll and dye lot as the previous SVT order placed by Bill Jenkins at Sentry South Lincoln Mercury.

The reason some owners are questioning the floor mat carpet color can be answered by the following situations.

1. Our experience in matching carpet colors has revealed quite noticeable inconsistencies in OEM carpet color shades from one vehicle to the next. For various programs we receive master OEM carpet samples from the car manufacturers (Ford, GM, etc.) and match our carpet to their master. When we go to the real world of actual carpet installed in the vehicles we find that very seldom does the OEM carpet match the vehicles carpet exactly. We find the greatest variances occurring in Ford Motor Company vehicles. For example, I recently went to a local Lincoln dealer to check the color and pattern for a Lincoln LS program we are working on. There were three LS vehicles in a row, all with the same color interior. Each vehicle had a different shade of carpet and none of them exactly matched the OEM master sample we were given.

2. The carpet color in any vehicle will change as the vehicle ages. Sunlight, cleaning, even just normal exposure to air will alter the shade of any carpet. Since Ford Contours are a minimum of three years old these natural shading changes are sure to have taken place.

Our 22oz. carpet, full binding, direct embroidery and aggressive nibbed backing combine to produce what we believe is the highest quality floor mat available. The carpet used for your order had been matched to a master sample but with the combination of factors noted above (varying original carpet shading and the age of the vehicles), we would be unable to guarantee an exact floor mat color match to any particular vehicles carpet.

Regards,

Grant McCormick
Falcon Enterprises"

I have to say, as the days passed and right before I left for my trip the mats they shipped seemed to change color slightly and look more and more like the color sample. As you can see from the email from Falcon, it doesn't look like we can get a refund or have them remanufactured because they used the correct pre-approved carpet color based on the sample they sent.

Now you can all blame me for this, but in my own defense I have to say that at the time the sample (which was a 6"x4" piece of carpet)looked like a very good, though not perfect, match to the carpet in my car. On top of that, the comments from the previous purchasers of these mats all stated that they were very satisfied with their purchase and this led me to believe that these were indeed a good match.

I am bummed that this is the way this all fell out- it makes me look like an a-hole who screwed up, but there isn't much I can do and I don't know what I could have done differently. (And to boot, my mats don't match closely either and like some of you I spent the money for 2 sets.)

Despite the difficulty in getting a close match in the color for these mats, Falcon and their rep, Grant McCormick, have been very professional and understanding throughout the process. I would still recommend doing business with them.

I know you are all probably some where between bummed and pissed about this so feel free to vent your frustrations with me over PM or the thread.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/07/03 02:34 PM
so miracoulously all the interior in my car has faded to exact same damn shade, so my 80 bucks is down the drain....man please.

i am just gonna leave it at this, before i say something that gets me in trouble with lance or somebody...
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/07/03 04:07 PM
i would rather have mats period then matsd with giant holes in them.... thanks for the GB SVTdc, i can live with them....
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/07/03 04:20 PM
When I first got mine via UPS, I thought they looked pretty grey. After I placed them in the car for a test, they really don't look that bad. There is a subtle difference between the actual carpet and the mats, but it is acceptable to me. And like said above, they are 1000% better than mats with a hole in them from working the clutch all the time.

All in all, I am satisfied with the Group Buy and thank you for putting this together.

Posted By: blest92.5 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/10/03 10:05 PM
SVTDC, my mats fit the retainer pin and don't slip around under my feet. That alone would have been enough for me, but also considering the fact that I had no SVT mats (the seller threw in cheap gray ones, literally). The dark denim blue ones from ford parts online weren't SVT and didn't hook on to the floor pin or really match the interior. So for what I have now compared to what I had I'm cool with them. Plus not having had any originals for comparison definitely makes them easy to accept. Also, Grant makes a good point about the carpet and backing quality of these mats they're much higher quality than the mats I mention in this post.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Blest92.5
Posted By: solefood21_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/11/03 04:23 AM
I'm going to put it like this...the color of the mats suck. BUT, they are of high build quality. AND svtdc did bend over backwards to try to get this thing rolling, keep it rolling, and scratch everyone's ass at the same time. Nothing's ever perfect in this world, including these mats. I can live with 'em. No hard feelings...

Thanks for all of your time and effort.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/15/03 12:18 AM
hey, the mats look nice, great quality, and fit and finish is superb. They may not match, but I like the look, like I said before everybody wanted a refund. Don't feel bad SVTDC, I like 'em, and compared to what most of us had before, this a 1000% better.

Suneil
Posted By: svtcont00 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/15/03 09:17 AM
I like the mats a lot
and actually I prefer this than my original mats
but every people have different taste
Posted By: tgrimes Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/18/03 12:38 PM
Hey if anyone has a set they want to unload, I would definately be interested.

Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/18/03 01:24 PM
I didn't read this whole thread, but I give you credit svt for even going through the headache of trying to arrange a group buy! I did it once when I belonged to another site and it was a PITA!! It seemed like there was always someone who wanted to [censored] and moan, even when things went well.
Posted By: zr500lc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/24/03 01:06 AM
ya no doubt svtdc this was awsome and i love my mats
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/25/03 05:09 PM
A few comments on Fabric color:
WARNIG _ LONG BORING POST:

OEM's view color as very subjective. For this reason, Shade Ranges are almost always established. Shifts in production are recognized, understood and accepted. However, the shift must gradual. Because of this, the matching/evaluation process is always done with a McBeth light and the naked eye. However, most Suppliers and OEM's will utilize a Color PhotoSpectrometer to understand which direction a color may be off. There are two primary measurements used, Delta E and Delta E cmc. A Delta E of less than 1.0 is usually acceptable to most OEM's for further evaluation. Anything outside that range is unacceptable.

I take exception to Falcons comment that Blue is the hardest color to replicate. Reds are by far the most difficult, followed by tan/beige/sand colors. It would be intersesting to know what fibers (yarn) are used. Nylon will have very robust colorfastness - it is typically piece dyed in pre-metalized acid dyes. As SVT's are at the most 5 years old, only a convertible SVT parked in Arizona should have significant fade issues. If the yarn is Polyester, then the dispersed dystuffs are more challenging to attain colorfastness. Either way, I assume the carpet is piece dyed in a beam or a jet. If it was the same roll, and more importantly, the same Dye Lot, the the carpet you recently recieved should be VERY close to the original Bill Jenkins group buy. Perhaps two CEGer's who live near each other could compare the 2 different group buys. This would tell a lot.

I don't believe for one minute that the mats would be anywhere close to the official Ford Master. Even through my uncalibrated monitor, the pictures above would suggest a Delta E from the Master greater than 2.0. The Quote from Falcon, "we would be unable to guarantee an exact floor mat color match to any particular vehicles carpet.
", is misleading. Falcon should not match a vehicle, they should match the Ford master. That would put their color in the middle of any production shade range variance.

Hypothetical scenario:
If the CEG buyers were a tier 1 company supplying Ford Motor Company, I would expect a rejection at the plant level, or better yet internal quality to reject back to the tier 2 (Falcon). If Tier 1 and Tier 2 can't agree, the a trip to Dearborn would be arranged for Ford Design Craftsmanship or Color Mastering to decide. My experience tells me that Falcon would be rejected.

I'm not posting to rain on anyones parade - awesome job on pulling a GB together. But I don't think you got what you paid for.

Mark
Posted By: ABeeSVT Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/26/03 07:16 PM
Count me in for new mats. Midnight Blue. My mats are getting old and I want new ones.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/26/03 07:33 PM
dude, this GB is over.
Posted By: solefood21_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/27/03 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Trapps:
I don't think you got what you paid for.

Thank You. At least SOMEONE agrees with me.

Again, Thanks for the GB effort, but the finished product is sh!t.
Posted By: svtdc Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/27/03 10:38 PM
I am glad most of you are relatively satisfied with your mats. The quality of the mats is definitely A1 , but the color is definitely off.

As it turns out, I just realized that the only way we could have ordered a different carpet color would have been if we ordered a minumum of something like 100-150 sets. There is a very high minimum order when you are ordering a new carpet color and we were in no position to order that many sets.

We were really only able to order as few mats as we did because they had the left over carpet from the previous GB that Bill Jenkins set up. So it probably would have either been these mats or no mats at all!

I will tell you all that organizing a GB is no walk in the park- this one was a PIA but it still must have been easier than most. I didn't have to send the manufacture anything because they already had the floor mat template from the previous GB and I didn't have to directly ship them to each of you- the manufacturer did that. Really the hardest part is balancing the GB with your day-to-day job. If all you had to do was organize GBs for a living it would be cake!

For anybody who wants the same mats we received you can contact Falcon directly. Last I knew they thought they could accomodate a few individual orders. (Of course, at this point they only have a very limited supply of the carpet left.)

Here's the contact info:

Grant McCormick
Falcon Enterprises
1305 E. Wakeham Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
714-569-1085, (Fax) 714-569-0793
grant-falcon@pacbell.net
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Floor mats 1998svt - 02/27/03 10:41 PM
well, since I seem to be in the minority here about liking them, just wanted to say that as they wear and get dirty, they start to match a bit better. . .i'm serious, the black/brown schmutz all over houston with this horrible weather (that I drag into the car) really does darken it to MNB. . .

© CEG Archives