Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Seanman_dup1 Superchip GB Interest? - 10/27/02 07:30 PM
There was a post in the General Mods forum a while back about speed limiters and things of that sort, and having a superchip GB was mentioned. So post back and let me know if there is any interest out there for one. If I get a good amount of people, I'll search around and see if I can get us some sort of a deal..
Posted By: highline9 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/27/02 10:56 PM
I'd be interested. Let me know.
Posted By: KUtour Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/27/02 11:00 PM
I'd be down also for the groupbuy.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/28/02 01:06 AM
maybe if the price is right..
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/28/02 04:57 AM
if it's less than $200, maybe, gotta pay for body kit right now, around christmas would be good cuz i know i'd have money.
Posted By: HoosierContour_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/28/02 05:49 AM
I would like a custom chip from Superchips. No speed governor. 7500rpm soft, 7750-8000rpm hard rev limiter.
I could supply the a/f ratios and dyno readout.
Posted By: Paul Kienitz_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/28/02 07:55 AM
I'm interested, because when I made an inquiry to DiabloSport about my engine, they never fuggin answered their mail.

I'll need some custom programming on mine...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/28/02 12:55 PM
yeah diablo never answered my e-mail, so me wanna superchip, i know they have one for my code>they answer their e-mail.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/29/02 01:59 AM
YEAH i would be in for sure !
Posted By: TBoomer Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/29/02 04:54 AM
Definately....
Posted By: LoudnQuik Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/29/02 06:26 AM
Around xmas time, i would be down with the groupbuy also
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/29/02 08:39 AM
I might be interested. Depends on price.
Posted By: CBSVT311 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/29/02 01:50 PM
For sure interested. Let me know

------------
99' CSVT
Red - Stock
Xenon Bulbs
Cut - Mufflers
Brospeed 3.5 Tips
Tru-Rev Sport Intake
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/29/02 04:02 PM
Yes, if price is right.
Posted By: Seanman_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/29/02 10:30 PM
So far, we have 13.. not the greatest amount, but its getting there!
Posted By: jreat Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/29/02 11:56 PM
I am in if the price is write. Can they be custom burned to the mods you have?
Posted By: johnnyfive_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/30/02 12:53 AM
I'd be interested in the chip too
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/30/02 03:19 AM
Originally posted by jreat:
I am in if the price is write. Can they be custom burned to the mods you have?
they can, not sure if a group buy will allow this though.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/30/02 06:33 AM
I would be interested too if it is under 200 bucks.....I really don't want to switch to supreme gas but if the performance is good enough i would consider it. I have an atx so i need all the help i can get you know
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/31/02 04:48 AM
from what i hear it's well worth it for us ATXers,, ya'll of ya'll interested in this may wanna find out your computer's code and check with superchips to see if they have a chip available for your car or not. (they answer e-mails, unlike diablo).
Posted By: tourman113 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 10/31/02 08:03 PM
yeah, i wrote to diablo and they didn't answer me back...i wonder if they know how much business they are losing by not checking e-mails?
Posted By: WickeD_CSVT Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/01/02 08:23 PM
I am in if the price is right
Posted By: CZboyovski_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/03/02 08:36 AM
i'm in for a Superchip!!, definitely not diablo though, i heard to many bad things about it while i was at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/03/02 09:18 AM
I could be in if the price is right! I need help all the help I cab get having ATX!
Posted By: Seanman_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/03/02 06:37 PM
Well it seems we have enough interest out there! I'll start emailing companies and see if I can get us a deal..
Posted By: Baby SHO Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/05/02 06:34 AM
Count me in as soon as you get the specifics! Will need rev limiter removal for sure!
Posted By: tourman113 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/05/02 07:07 AM
Well,I certainly need some performance for my atx. Should i get all my mods(intake,exhaust,nitrous ect.) and then get a chip custom burned. Or perhaps should I just go ahead and get the chip? I am confused. I don't want to pay 400 or 500 dollars for a custom burn if it isn't nescesary. Will it hurt the chips performance if i just start adding mods to my car that aren't programmed into the chip.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/05/02 07:11 AM
i think im interested in a chip too....with speed limiter removed (and raised rev limiter?)

but guys...there is someone, a member of this site no less offering diablo chips and would possibly be able to offer us a group buy...

nikolas, aka chezterr...also runs the site www.duratecperformance.com

had a great introductory price for diablos a few months ago but i wasn't able to spare the money at the time

i'll head over that way and post to see if they would be interested in accomodating us....from what i've read i think i'd rather have a diablo than a superchip and plus he's local to me meaning i can be the dyno test mule
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/06/02 03:35 AM
well i finally got around to posting an inquiry re: diablo group buy from duractecperformance...now just waiting for a response

anything new on the superchips in the meantime???
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/06/02 04:00 AM
isnt it free to send the chip in for a custom setup (aside from shipping fee of course)?
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/06/02 08:58 PM
well i got a response from duratecperformance.com....for a group buy of 5 or more we can have the chips for $185. i dont believe that includes shipping...

nikolas will need to check to see if diablo has a program for the computer code your car would need

on a side note he reports that diablo has trouble removing the speed limiter, so that is something to think about...im almost to the point of trying the vss mod that has been describe on this site before

anything on the superchips front???
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/06/02 09:36 PM
i'd prefer a superchip, better customer service, less problems. diablo chips already cost less, performance ford sells them for $199, so that's not some huge deal,,, i'd rather see superchips for under $200.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/06/02 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Bronco_II:
isnt it free to send the chip in for a custom setup (aside from shipping fee of course)?
no, you have to get your car dyno'd and a/f plots and send them to them and pay something around $200 or more i believe for custom program. it's expensive, but worth it if you have lots of mods,,, if you just have intake,exaust, and a few other things, a normal program should be enough.
Posted By: highline9 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/07/02 04:07 AM
I have heard many more good things about the superchip vs. diablo. Did anyone contact them?
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/07/02 04:10 AM
get the superchips....i've heard some bad things about diable. talk to chris at www.ctamotorsports.com about the diablo..i believe he's had some major issues with them that he pulled Diablo's out of his line of products.

also - if you have an RJL1 code for an SVT....i haven't had much luck with it. it helps down low, you can tell in the dyno graphs. if i ever get the graphs all lined up correctly, i'll post the dyno graphs.

later.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/07/02 10:08 PM
well it was worth a try...just exploring options re: diablo and it woulda been a good way to give a member here some biz...

i thought i'd heard better things about the diablo than i had about superchips but maybe now there are enough diablo's around that feedback is coming through and it happens to be sorta negative....i was told in the reply i got that diablo has trouble removing the speed gov, and most of us want it removed, so i did find that a sticking point

anything at all on a superchips buy or is that potential group buy going down the toilet too???
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/08/02 01:22 AM
Here is the graph guys.

Run 1 is no superchip.
Run 5 & 8 are w/ Superchip

I don't know what's going on with the RPM's from the two different days.....I think they are just off from one day to the other.

you can see - don't be fooled by the HP number. My max HP from run one was 168hp....which is about the same as with the Superchip. It's the tourque that is impressive.

Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/08/02 01:23 AM
jesus...what a sh*tty pic that is...sorry about that guys...must be the way I saved the pic....i'll try to get it better.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/08/02 04:28 AM
now imagine the added torque and better shifting for a atx zetec.
Posted By: highline9 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/12/02 03:22 AM
Has anyone contacted superchip?
Posted By: Rmacin Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/13/02 03:18 AM
I would be interested in a group buy also. SIGN ME UP
Posted By: highline9 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/16/02 07:18 PM
is this dead?
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/18/02 08:17 AM
my guess is 'yeh'

i was hoping it would work out but looks like no ones stepped up and checked to see if bat or someone else would be willing to do this for us, or if they have there's been no new info posted

i was thinking about trying to get it going but it wouldn't make much sense to order something from the east and have it shipped out to soCal only for me to then ship it back east to the buyers...

oh well
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/18/02 09:21 PM
i'm not interested anymore, have found a cheap chip.
Posted By: Paul Kienitz_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/19/02 12:48 AM
And what might this cheap chip be? Are you just talking about a used one, or something that others might want to get in on?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/19/02 02:04 AM
used
Posted By: Zoomin 3L Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/19/02 03:39 AM
you can cound me in if its under 200 dollars I have a 2K svt if that helps
Posted By: Baby SHO Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/19/02 06:56 AM
Sometimes, used chips and new chips show up on Ebay. Usually for a lot less then the retail price.
Posted By: HoosierContour_dup1 Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/19/02 04:36 PM
But then you have to spend $125 to reprogram it, so usually not a bargain.
Posted By: Tony D Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/19/02 04:57 PM
any update?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Superchip GB Interest? - 11/19/02 09:37 PM
Originally posted by HoosierContour:
But then you have to spend $125 to reprogram it, so usually not a bargain.

$45 to reprogram it at KKM my chip will come out to be a little over $155 total, meaning i save about $65.
© CEG Archives