Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Slimshady PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices***** - 10/25/02 09:12 PM
Ok this will be the third GB i've set up with the CEG and have had no problems with shipping and recieving of everyones Piaa's so here we go again.

These prices are for 10 buyers or more
The price is $165.00 for the superwhites
The price is $175.00 for the ION's

Shipping cost me about $6.00 that was from MI to NYC that was about a year ago, You will find out how much when you place your order, Credit cards only shipping will be from PIAA and the wharehouse i'm dealing with.

Just to let everyone know the link below is the first link that was posted by weatherman, He asked me to find out about the prices.

web page

Please PM me if you are seriously interested in purchasing these. Once i have my 10 buyers i will set up a date where you will call and order either the ION's or superwhites.

Any questions?
I am in. Was hoping for the Hightower headlights for the pre-98's Tours, but these should help in the mean time. I wasted my money on the 9005's, or what ever ones go in the low beams, PIAA Superwhites, but these should put some light low on to the road. Ed
Posted By: BDR Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices***** - 10/26/02 12:27 AM
i'm in for some ion's!
they are just so HOT!
I'm in.
I'm in. just have to figure out which ones I want. PM me
if you need cc/address details

dan
Posted By: Lehinger Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 10/28/02 04:45 PM
Is anyone buying the ION fogs? I have a set and would like to swap lenses & bulbs for the driving lights...cost is less & I'll cover shipping.. Anybody?
THX!
Lee
Posted By: TGO Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 10/28/02 08:07 PM
Lee i sent you a PM man, you never replied! hit me back!!
Posted By: Lehinger Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 10/29/02 11:36 AM
Sorry man... no mail on the board... please reply to Lehinger@LNC.com (work) and Lehinger@FWI.com - home... again, sorry.
Lee
I have a 98 Se with out the foglights. I want to get in on the group buy for the piaa's but how can i get all the wiring and housing for my car??
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I have a 98 Se with out the foglights. I want to get in on the group buy for the piaa's but how can i get all the wiring and housing for my car??

It comes with all the wiring you need including a switch to turn on and off.

For those that have fogs already all you have to do is cut the OEM wires to the OEM fogs and splice it together.

Check my how-to
Is there any kind of definite timetable for this? Whether or not I'm in depends on a pending car sale, and I won't find out about it for sure until this weekend, maybe next.
I have 5 buyers right now, so the date for everyone to purchase won't come until 10 buyers are found.
ok, thanks for the reply. As soon as I know for sure, one way or the other, I'll let you know.
I am interested i have a 98 contour+ and i would like to be counted in for this group buy.
I'm in for a set of superwhites....
THX!
Lee
I have added both team dragon and lee.

You both have pm's
Slim - Whats the count up to now? I will be away from email until Monday 11/11, starting tomorrow AM. FYI.
THX!
I'm in for ION'S if its not too late
i might be interested in the FOGS...my stock ones keep goin out....and also is this a pain to install???? email me with info at illuzions5@aol.com
Posted By: Beowulf Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 11/07/02 09:01 PM
I am in for the Superwhites. I am sick and tired of my pale yellow crappy foglights that dont do diddly.

I just hope no money is expected like...next week. Week after will be golden.
Hey ya'll,

What is the difference in the ION and the Superwhites?

Also, I noticed that someone had posted a pic of a SVT, showing the fogs. The '98 SE has a sideways-oblong hole where the light sits behind it and shines through. Is the newer lights the same size as the stock?

PBSLMO

Oh yea put me down for a set after I find out what the difference in them.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 11/09/02 08:54 AM
Here is the how-to by Slimshady
Ions are a yellow fog pattern, superwhites are a driving pencil beam pattern, not a blueish color, but whiter than normal headlights and a hell of a lot brighter!

The lenses are nearly the same size as the stock fogs, hence the reason they fit so good and fill the hole perfectly. IIRC, the SVT and SE use the same fog light housing, just different brackets.
Hey guys just got back from vacation.

If anyone is 100% interested in buying a set of piaa 510's i need you to PM me and tell me yes so i can add you to the list.
As of right now there are 8 buyers with the potenial to hit 10 if the guys that just posted above are serious in buying, If you are PM and then i will contact the shipper and he will give me a # for everyone to call and YOU will tell him what piaa you want (ION or SUPERWHITE) give him your shipping address and a credit card # and everything will be set.

Thanks.
These are the buyers that i have so far which is 10, I'll give it a couple of more days and set up a date in either a week or two for everyone to call and place there order.

Again if ANYONE is interested in buying the PIAA 510's PM so i can add you to the buyers list.

Thanks

Beowulf
bmesserli
DanCanuck
dorf tourcon
eepals
joka
Lehinger
lilbern
PorkChopSVT
SVT ST PETE
Has anyone seen the projection fog lights at Autozone for $39.00?

I think they are PIAA lights but forgot to get the stock numbers off of the box. Their small enough to fit into the OEM holes.

PBSLMO

I'll have to hold off on the 510's for now. But thanks for the option to get in on the buy.
Originally posted by pbslmo:

I think they are PIAA lights but forgot to get the stock numbers off of the box. Their small enough to fit into the OEM holes.

Autozone carries PILOT lights.
They do not carry the proper size in stock. They also can not order the PL-300W's (proper size in Xenon/glass lenses)

PBSLMO

I'll have to hold off on the 510's for now. But thanks for the option to get in on the buy.

Not for nothing but when you pay $39.00 for a set of fogs don't expect them to perform very well, I've never seen these lit up at night and highly doubt you can drive with just those fogs on and not your headlights. The piaa 510's YOU can drive with just the fogs on because they are brighter then the OEM headlights, Ask anyone that owns these.

Posted By: Beowulf Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 11/13/02 05:08 AM
Can't wait to get these now...I pulled up behind a F-150 on the way home and noticed the passenger side fog is out. The driver's side fog was crapped out when i got the car two months ago...

Wow. I got my car on 9/11. I have put 6,000 miles on it since then. I better stop driving so much.

Nah.

Posted By: Lehinger Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 11/15/02 05:44 PM
Hi Slim - Any time frame set on completing the gb?
THX!
Lee
Originally posted by Slimshady:

PBSLMO

Not for nothing but when you pay $39.00 for a set of fogs don't expect them to perform very well, I've never seen these lit up at night and highly doubt you can drive with just those fogs on and not your headlights. The piaa 510's YOU can drive with just the fogs on because they are brighter then the OEM headlights, Ask anyone that owns these.

I have these from a previous GB, they ARE brighter than your headlights, they have a well defined pattern and don't blind oncoming traffic. SlimShady's vendor is legit, you don't have to worry about being ripped off. They look good and they work great.

Slim, you still taking orders?

Originally posted by Grunt:
Slim, you still taking orders?

Yes i'm still taking orders so if your 100% interested then PM me so i can add you to the buy list.

Thanks

Originally posted by Lehinger:
THX!
Lee

Would everyone be comfortable with a date set the first week of DEC. or the last week of NOV.
There will only be *********ONE DAY TO CALL********* to make a purchase we will pick a day and the time frame would be form early morning to evening.
Feedback please.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 11/19/02 12:51 AM
I will be good to go by Monday of next week. Either one sounds good to me.
Posted By: Lehinger Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 11/19/02 01:23 AM
Slim - Just so everyone can get their calls in, how about 2 days? I'm in, but do know that work some times gets in the way!
THX for setting this up!
Lee
Anytime is good for me Hoss.

Thanks,

Bernie
Originally posted by Lehinger:
THX!
Lee

Would everyone be comfortable with a date set the first week of DEC. or the last week of NOV.
There will only be *********ONE DAY TO CALL********* to make a purchase we will pick a day and the time frame would be form early morning to evening.
Feedback please.

I understand about the time frame and i'll see about a 2 day period, IIRC the supplier will be open until 6pm eastern and they open at 8 am or 9 am, whatever the case may be if you call and can't get him personally leave him a phone # for him to call you back at, I promise he will call back because i've done it already. I will call him tomorrow and set up a date the 1st week of DEC. because thanksgiving and giving the fact that some CEG'ers might be traveling.

Is that ok guys?
>>>>BUMP<<<<

Group Buy is still open
Anyday is fine with me. If you could PM me with the date that would be good. I don't know what my schedule is going to be around then. But I will make it work. I NEED these lights.
I definitely will be travelling over thanksgiving so I need
a two day window for ordering and a some notice!....Dec 3
would be fine with me

dan
Originally posted by DanCanuck:
I definitely will be travelling over thanksgiving so I need
a two day window for ordering and a some notice!....Dec 3
would be fine with me

dan

OK guys we have 12 guys that are interested in buying as long as these guys don't bail out the last minute we will have a GB on the 1st week of DEC. pending a YES from the supplier.

Waiting for him to get back to me, Should be monday 11-24
Posted By: jeff649 Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices***** - 11/23/02 04:29 AM
Hey everyone! New here. Add me to the buy.
Posted By: jeff649 Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices***** - 11/23/02 04:32 AM
make that superwhites,thanks. keep me posted.
Slim,

I'm in. I PM'd you last night. Let me know if I need to supply any other information on anything else.

Thanks handling the GB on this!
let me know how i can get in on this gb.
Me too how do I get in on this GB. Let me know. I'd be in for the ion's.
Originally posted by jeff649:
make that superwhites,thanks. keep me posted.

Jeff
jato
reds99svt
darkside

You all have PM's

Left a message with my supplier and hope to have a set date Monday.
December 11 will be the buy date I will post a contact # a couple of days before Dec.11
If for some reason you will be out of town or will have a problem ordering these on that date please PM me and i will help you out.
I just sent everyone a PM that is in the GB, check it out and PM me back if you need to.
Alriiight! Be couting on it.

Thanks,
Bernie
Posted By: Journie Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices***** - 12/02/02 06:48 AM
MAn I didnt see this.I want in!
PM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Journie:
MAn I didnt see this.I want in!
PM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Done
BUMP......The contact # will be posted in a few days
Posted By: Journie Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices***** - 12/10/02 07:54 AM
BUMP......The contact # will be posted in a few days

Ok its a few days later!
Group buy is scheduled to happen tomorrow... YAHOO!
blah blah

If anyone experiences any problems PM me and let me know.

Start calling tomorrow 9:00 am eastern time.

THIS IS FOR ONE DAY ONLY DECEMBER 11 2002 AFTER THAT THE GROUP BUY WILL BE CLOSED
Just ordered some superwhites. Ryan seems friendly enough. Says they should be here tomorrow. I'm sooooo stoked.
ordered mine.. went real well... SLim- THX for setting this up!
Lee
Posted By: Journie Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices***** - 12/11/02 04:30 PM
Ordered mine!
They were sold out(he had only two sets on hand),but he had me a set dropped from PIAA themselves!Should be here next week.Went great,nice guy that Ryan is!A week is plenty fast enough to get here.
Thanks for setting this up.Now I can get rid of my melted stockies!
Ordered, 1 set of superwhites being drop shipped directly from PIAA. Good customer service too. Thanks slim for settin this up.
Just ordered mine., Thanks again Slim for arranging
everything.
Done. Superwhites will be drop-shipped to me next week. Thanks, Slim.
ordered mine
Ryan was a nice guy, said he would give me a deal if i ever went back to him to get something...... Thanks again for the great deal Slim!!!!

P.S. I GET MINE TOMORROW!!!!! HAHAHA
Ordered.

Easy and Ryan's a nice guy.

Thanks again for putting this all together, Slim.
Same here. Thanks.
Originally posted by JaTo:
Done. Superwhites will be drop-shipped to me next week. Thanks, Slim.

My Ions should be here Friday. Thanks.
ALMOST FORGOT TODAY WAS THE 11TH!!!!

Remembered at lunch and called... Ryan was great to work with, simple and flawless transaction, but since all of his superwhite were out of stock, he needs to get them from PIAA, and should be at my door next week!! WOOT!
Hey guys i'm very happy i could set this up for all you, I hope you all enjoy these as much as i do.

I have a how-to for everyone when you guys are ready to install them. So PM me if you need help.

It seems everyone is happy with the service, Let me know if there is any kind of delay with recieving them.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Mine are here. Just need to find time to mess with them.

Thanks Slim
Posted By: Journie Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 12/18/02 07:14 PM
Anybody else get theres yet.....not me.....im so impatient.
recieved mine the next day....... now trying to find the time to install.... Anyone know how long it usually takes????
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
recieved mine the next day....... now trying to find the time to install.... Anyone know how long it usually takes????

The first time i did mine i was unaware of what to do and had a friend (chris A) help me out (THANKS CHRIS) but i learned a couple of things and now could probably do it in about an hr.

Just follow my how-to and you should be ok.
Still waiting for mine... I'm goin out of town on Sunday until the 30th!!!
Has everyone been recieving them so far?

I've been sick with bronchitis and have not been on the boards really.

Post or PM me if there any problems please.

I'll try to get back to you as soon as i can.

I know they come UPS so with the holidays right here UPS is probably overwhelmed with packages.
Posted By: Journie Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 12/23/02 08:30 PM
Has everyone been recieving them so far?

I've been sick with bronchitis and have not been on the boards really.

Post or PM me if there any problems please.

I'll try to get back to you as soon as i can.

I know they come UPS so with the holidays right here UPS is probably overwhelmed with packages.

I havent gotten mine either....supposed to be here last week I thought...
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 12/23/02 08:32 PM
Ordered mine late on order day...
Got mine today today. Thanks again Slim.

btw, Could you PM or post the How-To?
Mine still haven't gotten here. I figure I'll get them tomorrow since SVT ST Pete got his and he lives in MD.

Here is the link to the HOW-TO by SlimShady:
http://www.msnusers.com/mywebsitepics/piaa510howtoinstall.msnw
Actually, they did come today. I just found them sitting on the front porch. Now to install them!!
Originally posted by mzilla:
Actually, they did come today. I just found them sitting on the front porch. Now to install them!!

I'm very happy some of you recieved them, Everyone else just be patient with UPS and they will arrive soon

If anyone has any questions, just ask

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Mine got here today, drop shipped from PIAA in oregon.
Posted By: Lehinger Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 12/24/02 01:04 PM
Mine came in yesterday! THANKS Slim! Good service, good buy!

Merry Christmas to all!
Got mine today, Thanks again, Happy Holidays.
Mine arrived early last week. thanks Slim and Merry Christmas
everyone!
Done. The hardest part was screwing the new fogs to the oem brackets while keeping those clips on. PITA
What did everyone use to hold the brackets to the bottom of the mounting plate? I used some plastic retaining clips like the ones that were on there. I might shoot some sheetmetal screws in there to hold it better.

Bernie
ok.... I finally got some time today to install... But, how do you get the stock fogs out????
Originally posted by lilbern:
Done. The hardest part was screwing the new fogs to the oem brackets while keeping those clips on. PITA
What did everyone use to hold the brackets to the bottom of the mounting plate? I used some plastic retaining clips like the ones that were on there. I might shoot some sheetmetal screws in there to hold it better.

Bernie

This is the hardest part, Slide a screw through the OEM bracket then through the piaa, screw the nut on the screw 3/4's of the way on, Make sure all your connections are together.

Look at page 4 detailed info.
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
ok.... I finally got some time today to install... But, how do you get the stock fogs out????

Page 1

You will have to remove the plastic airdam that covers the lower bottow half of the motor, I use a torx or allen key to unscrew them, After that comes down you will see everything you need, Just follow the how to. I have pics of the old OEM fog and how to remove it on page 1.

It gets easier to reassemble the 510s after you've pulled them out a few times. Be very careful about the paint. My 510s were rusting like no other. Uninstalled, sanded down to bare metal, and repainted black with caliper paint. Almost 4 months now, and no rust. Oh yeah, if you need to repaint, make sure you reinstall the rubber seal the correct way! I didn't and it took me much longer than it should've to figure that out!

I noticed when PIAA painted the housings, it was applied in bands. Only the middle band was thick, the other bands were thin and came off quite easily, also the outer bands were rusting off. This happened in about 1 - 1.5 year's use, right outside out of NYC. YMMV, of course
Posted By: Journie Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 12/27/02 07:57 AM
STILL havent gotten mine!Damn it and I wanted to put them on this weekend! Damn it damn it damn it!!!!!!!!
When I got home last night, they were sitting on the porch!! WOOT! Now need time to install...
Originally posted by Journie:
STILL havent gotten mine!Damn it and I wanted to put them on this weekend! Damn it damn it damn it!!!!!!!!

OK including Journie who else HAS NOT RECIEVED there piaa's?
PM me with your name and (shipping address just incase) i'll make a call to find out if there is some kind of back order.

Sorry for the delay
Posted By: Journie Re: PIAA 510 group buy **** with prices**** - 01/03/03 07:36 AM
I did get mine,I posted everywhere else but here about these amazing things!
I go them last week.Installed them already,awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
I realized it when i happened to see one of your posts, i replied to both of them. I glad you like them.

Is there anyone else who hasn't recieved them yet?

Please let me know so i can help you.
© CEG Archives