Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTpyr8 zaino - 10/17/02 04:17 PM
does anyone know if there is or is going to be a ZAINO GB?
Posted By: Gnuggets Re: zaino - 10/17/02 05:01 PM
Dont know, but I'd be down for it. Do you have to order it online or can you find it elswhere? I've been using Meguires. I didnt spell that right.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/17/02 05:51 PM
Someone tried to put one together about a month ago but I dont think there was enough interest. I'd be down if you get it together.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/17/02 05:56 PM
Yep, you can only get Zaino online. I'd be down for a group buy...
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/17/02 06:07 PM
Same here, love the stuff.
Posted By: Static Re: zaino - 10/17/02 06:21 PM
I am in if you get one together
Posted By: JonGordo8 Re: zaino - 10/18/02 12:46 AM
Im in if you get one together
Posted By: obicanobi0_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/18/02 02:52 AM
I'm in.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/18/02 03:08 AM
i tried a month ago. i contacted sal and he had told me he'd do a gb in october. i'll contact him again and see what he says. anyone know what kind of gb he's done in the past, how he arranged it?
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/18/02 06:18 PM
I"M IN!~!
Posted By: SaV-iT_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/19/02 04:25 AM
If it happens soon, count me!~
Posted By: Reverend DBZ Jr Re: zaino - 10/20/02 01:00 AM
I'll be willing to join the party. Car needs a bath soon anyways.
Posted By: TBoomer Re: zaino - 10/20/02 01:44 AM
My car is in the paint booth right now. Full repaint...Guess now's the best time to start with Zaino, huh? Count me in!
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/22/02 08:41 PM
Any word on this?
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/23/02 03:56 AM
I know the last deal was buy 4 zaino products and you get a free bottle of wash. I'm getting really low. I think the
last deal required 20 participants but I've never contacted
the company directly. Anyone else want to break the ice?
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/24/02 03:43 AM
sal emailed me back. i'm calling him tomorrow to get the details.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/29/02 05:55 AM
ok we should have a group buy likely set up by the end of the week. not definite but i'd say its 90% there. i want get about 20 people who are seriously interested so please ring in so i can let sal know that we have the numbers to support the gb.

these are the 13 people so far:

hmouta
SVTpyr8
Gnuggets
SVTMike
ChattavegasSE
DanCanuck
StaticTour96
JonGordo8
obicanobi0
SVTnKC
SaV-iT
dbzjr
t-red2000se
Posted By: juspifool_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/29/02 04:00 PM
I'd be in.
Posted By: tckn19s_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/29/02 09:10 PM
i'm in too

thanks,
bernie
Posted By: toofastsvt_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/29/02 11:47 PM
count me in!!!
Posted By: jreat Re: zaino - 10/29/02 11:52 PM
I am in, can we pick what products we want. I only need Z2 and Z5, maybe the new one too.
Posted By: Static Re: zaino - 10/30/02 07:17 PM
does anybody have a price yet. we need to get this going because X-Mas is right around the corner and i have to start saving for presents
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: zaino - 10/31/02 03:07 AM
the newest listing (17 people):

hmouta
SVTpyr8
Gnuggets
SVTMike
ChattavegasSE
DanCanuck
StaticTour96
JonGordo8
obicanobi0
SVTnKC
SaV-iT
dbzjr
t-red2000se
juspifool
lilbern
toofastsvt
jreat

no pricing yet. i'm going to talk to sal again on friday to get more details/specifics. any more interested parties
Posted By: SaV-iT_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/03/02 01:24 AM
What's the word?
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/04/02 05:59 PM
18 interested. spoke w/ sal. he said to give him another call thursday. he is VERY busy right now (working on a new product) but wants to do the gb for us. i know some of you were looking for this stuff asap. he's trying to squeeze us in (doesn't want to blow us off). so if we can get the mininum 20 interested parties, it'll make it that much easier for him, knowing the buyers are a done deal. it'll happen, it's just a matter of how soon.

hmouta
SVTpyr8
Gnuggets
SVTMike
ChattavegasSE
DanCanuck
StaticTour96
JonGordo8
obicanobi0
SVTnKC
SaV-iT
dbzjr
t-red2000se
juspifool
lilbern
toofastsvt
jreat
antonio wright

Posted By: SVTSleeper Re: zaino - 11/04/02 06:51 PM
Count me in as well. I detail over 125 cars for friends, etc on weekends but have never used their products. Would like to confirm that all the great things I've heard about them are true.

Steve
SVT Sleeper
2000 Silver Frost/midnight blue SVT Contour
Posted By: mr_froge_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/04/02 11:35 PM
Yo, I'd like to try the leather conditioner
Posted By: SaV-iT_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/05/02 12:35 AM
Bingo!! That's 20!!! Can we be ready with orders on Thurs? Will we send him order info with CEG noted, or will you order everything?
Posted By: Antonio Wright_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/05/02 01:28 AM
Originally posted by SVTSleeper:
Count me in as well. I detail over 125 cars for friends, etc on weekends but have never used their products. Would like to confirm that all the great things I've heard about them are true.

Steve
SVT Sleeper

That is pretty impressive. I consider myself a detailer as well. I would like to know what brands of cars you have detailed in the past. 120.. damn.

-Antonio
Posted By: SVTWK Re: zaino - 11/05/02 01:58 AM
It's hard to agree to joining a group buy when you have no idea what you are going to be paying... Please let us know, and you may get many more buyers..

Cheers,
Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/05/02 04:04 AM
Deal in the past has been buy four products get a bottle of Z7 for free.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/05/02 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:

Steve
SVT Sleeper

That is pretty impressive. I consider myself a detailer as well. I would like to know what brands of cars you have detailed in the past. 120.. damn.

-Antonio

i hear ya....i couldn't keep up with that amount!!
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/05/02 07:34 AM
ok so far we've got 20 interested. yeah sal mentioned that in the past he's done buy 4 and get free carwash. i don't know if it'll be the same. anything is better than nothing, especially when you were planning on ordering stuff anyways. i don't want to speculate on how the orders will be handled. i dont know how sal wants to do it. hopefully everything goes well when i talk to him on thursday.

i didn't want to be nosy and ask what the new product he was working on was.

hmouta
SVTpyr8
Gnuggets
SVTMike
ChattavegasSE
DanCanuck
StaticTour96
JonGordo8
obicanobi0
SVTnKC
SaV-iT
dbzjr
t-red2000se
juspifool
lilbern
toofastsvt
jreat
antonio wright
svtsleeper
mr froge
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/05/02 08:36 PM
I may be in as well, depending on the pricing. I don't really need it until spring, but if the price is right!!!
Posted By: Static Re: zaino - 11/05/02 09:50 PM
well i wont be able to give the money til next friday so if i can still do it then i am still in if not then i guess i am out
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/06/02 01:27 AM
i'm in, I've heard good things about this stuff, and even though I'm a zymol fan, seems like less work to do this in the long run. . .

WHAT PRICES ARE WE LOOKING AT?
WHAT ARE WE GETTING?
WHAT SORT OF PAYMENT IS ACCEPTED?

Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/06/02 02:13 AM
ST96, i dont forsee that being a problem. if we can set this up, i'm sure the buy will be open for some time (wont be a one day thing).

i cant give any specifics cuz i dont know them. i'm going to talk w/ sal zaino on thursday.

21 people:

hmouta
SVTpyr8
Gnuggets
SVTMike
ChattavegasSE
DanCanuck
StaticTour96
JonGordo8
obicanobi0
SVTnKC
SaV-iT
dbzjr
t-red2000se
juspifool
lilbern
toofastsvt
jreat
antonio wright
svtsleeper
mr froge
ssmumich00
Posted By: SaV-iT_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/06/02 02:56 AM
hmouta, how are you at barganing ? If he will give us a bottle of wash for every 4 bottles, that would be tough to beat thats ~15% depending on which products you are buying (unless he would go 20% off total order ). One question to ask...if you ordered 8 bottles, would that give you 2 washers (does the clay bar count as a bottle)? Does he need any field testing on the new products?? We could work cheap ?? Does anyone here have any experience with their "extra" products ie, window, leather, tire, glass, etc.?
Posted By: Antonio Wright_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/06/02 03:02 AM
Originally posted by SaV-iT:
hmouta, how are you at barganing ? If he will give us a bottle of wash for every 4 bottles, that would be tough to beat thats ~15% depending on which products you are buying (unless he would go 20% off total order ). One question to ask...if you ordered 8 bottles, would that give you 2 washers (does the clay bar count as a bottle)? Does he need any field testing on the new products?? We could work cheap ?? Does anyone here have any experience with their "extra" products ie, window, leather, tire, glass, etc.?

All thier products are good. You need to order 4 ITEMS... You can order 4 applicators and you still get the Z-7 car wash. For newbies I suggest you get Z-5,z-6,z-2and the claybar(z-18) I think.

-Antonio
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/06/02 07:52 PM
Originally posted by hmouta:
ST96, i dont forsee that being a problem. if we can set this up, i'm sure the buy will be open for some time (wont be a one day thing).

i cant give any specifics cuz i dont know them. i'm going to talk w/ sal zaino on thursday.

21 people:

hmouta
SVTpyr8
Gnuggets
SVTMike
ChattavegasSE
DanCanuck
StaticTour96
JonGordo8
obicanobi0
SVTnKC
SaV-iT
dbzjr
t-red2000se
juspifool
lilbern
toofastsvt
jreat
antonio wright
svtsleeper
mr froge
ssmumich00

Don't forget about little old me. I am in on this!!!
Posted By: SVTSleeper Re: zaino - 11/07/02 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:

Steve
SVT Sleeper

-Antonio

That is about how many total I have done in all, the most on one weekend was 12. Never done anything REALLY nice, but have done some Mercedes, Lincolns, Cobras, a newer Lightning, etc. Most of the cars are older folk's (60 yrs and up) that just can't do it for themselves anymore, but still want their car to look good.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/07/02 07:09 AM
22 people.

hmouta
SVTpyr8
Gnuggets
SVTMike
ChattavegasSE
DanCanuck
StaticTour96
JonGordo8
obicanobi0
SVTnKC
SaV-iT
dbzjr
t-red2000se
juspifool
lilbern
toofastsvt
jreat
antonio wright
svtsleeper
mr froge
ssmumich00
cruises8

Posted By: sinned_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/07/02 08:34 AM
i'm in if the price is right and someone can tell me what to get i never waxed a car in my life, so any point s will be greatly appricated.
Posted By: svtavino_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/07/02 12:33 PM
I am most likely in on this also. I love this stuff.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: zaino - 11/07/02 08:56 PM
I would be in, but if the group buy happens right after I spend all my money again....
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: zaino - 11/08/02 07:20 PM
25 people.

hmouta
SVTpyr8
Gnuggets
SVTMike
ChattavegasSE
DanCanuck
StaticTour96
JonGordo8
obicanobi0
SVTnKC