Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Static pillar pods - 09/30/02 03:34 AM
Ok I emailed a lo-tek a company that makes pillar pods for are cars and he was not very informative but if i can get enough people that want to get these then i can get us a group buy. so anybody who wants these let me know so i can get back to this guy and give a price. the more people the cheaper.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: pillar pods - 09/30/02 05:52 AM
I'm down for one, depending on the price.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 09/30/02 07:00 AM
Me too. Depends on price.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 09/30/02 02:51 PM
Let me hear some prices...
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 09/30/02 04:12 PM
Originally posted by LUCKY95TOUR:
I'm down for one, depending on the price.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 09/30/02 04:52 PM
me too! me too!

But you already knew that...
Posted By: XTREMECONTOUR_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 09/30/02 05:03 PM
I might be in depending on price... Let us know
Posted By: ddriskell Re: pillar pods - 09/30/02 05:59 PM
im down, they arent that much to begin with are they?
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 09/30/02 06:28 PM
Originally posted by ddriskell:
im down, they arent that much to begin with are they?
Nope, they're only right at $50 shipped (normally) if you don't get one color matched.
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 09/30/02 06:50 PM
Yeah man, if you can get em cheaper than $50 color matched for my svt, than I'm in for sure.

Tim
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 09/30/02 07:33 PM
These are just the pods, though, so we'd have to buy the gauges separatley, right? I'd be in for a color matched to mid-nght-blue. . .

does anybody know where we could get gauges from? And what kind of gauges are useful for a NA 2.5L csvt (I'm planning on engine swapping down the line).. . I'm going to stay NA since it fits my budget for now. . .so I know I don't need a boost gauge. . .
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: pillar pods - 09/30/02 09:53 PM
I'm in as long as the price is right.
Posted By: rob_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/01/02 03:11 AM
Yup, just the pod, but www.summitracing.com has just about the best prices around if you want white gauges to match your white-faced instrument cluster. The pod fits any
2 1/6 " gauges. The most popular are probably the Phantom series from Autometer. That's what I got. Voltmeter, Oil Pressure and Oil Temp are your best bet for a NA 'Tour. I got the previous two, and got the Transmission Temp gauge because the Oil Temp was on back order for a few weeks...I couldn't wait ANOTHER few weeks

Rob
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/01/02 04:54 AM
Ok I E-Mailed the company and i am still waiting on the response. if you guys can try to get more people in on this because as i understand from the last email this fool sent me he wants about 20 people in on this but like i said before he was very informative so hopefully this email will be a lot better. but remember the more you guys get in this the more of a discount we get. i am going to post something in a couple of the rooms so hopefully this forum will explode with people intrested.
Posted By: Swazo Re: pillar pods - 10/01/02 05:39 AM
I'm down if it's color matched (midnight blue)......and depending on the price
Posted By: SVTcoop Re: pillar pods - 10/01/02 05:59 PM
I'm also down, if it's midnight blue, and the price is right...

Cooper
Posted By: contourd_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/01/02 06:41 PM
I'm down but can I get the indiglo Gauges for them???
Posted By: PA 3L SVT_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/01/02 08:00 PM
I hear the blue doesn't really match the "midnight blue" of our interior. Best bet is to buy some Ford interior paint and DIY, if you want a real match.

I want one, but can't buy right now.
Posted By: obicanobi0_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/01/02 09:14 PM
Yea I just put my tan one in my car, very nice pods, fit perfect. The color was off a little bit, a tad lighter, but i dought anyone would notice unless they where looking for it.
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/02/02 12:32 AM
well i am still waiting on my response from the company but about the indiglo i would ask stolontour cause that is what he is looking for also and i am as well but i think he has some info on it. if any body wants to head a group buy on those then great just do it though autometer because they have the best gauges. i think i am going to go with 1.air/fuel ratio 2.oil pressure 3.volts. those are probably the best three to go with if you ask me
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 10/02/02 01:16 AM
Who, what??? Me??? Indiglo... Huh?? Yeah, I've found some indiglo's through autometer, but they seem to glow green... YUCK...Umm, yeah. MUST HAVE BLUE so the search is still on
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: pillar pods - 10/02/02 04:29 PM
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:
I hear the blue doesn't really match the "midnight blue" of our interior. Best bet is to buy some Ford interior paint and DIY, if you want a real match.

I want one, but can't buy right now.

So I heard as well. I painted mine myself, and I also sanded it to make it a little smoother (it has some bumps on it giving it a textured look).
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/02/02 04:43 PM
Originally posted by stolontour97:
Who, what??? Me??? Indiglo... Huh?? Yeah, I've found some indiglo's through autometer, but they seem to glow green... YUCK...Umm, yeah. MUST HAVE BLUE so the search is still on

Have you tried to hook them up on the extra plugs that come with your indiglo guages. I was goofing around with the Ford Emblem on my deck lid (Yes it's Indiglo one color) and it actually switched colors and wasnt meant to. Hell it's worth a shot, but I tke no responsibility for your actions.
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/02/02 04:59 PM
well i talked to the company and they said $5 if we have 25 people but i am still talking with them and hopefully we can work something out
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/02/02 06:00 PM
im in for midnight blue
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 10/02/02 07:41 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:

Have you tried to hook them up on the extra plugs that come with your indiglo guages. I was goofing around with the Ford Emblem on my deck lid (Yes it's Indiglo one color) and it actually switched colors and wasnt meant to. Hell it's worth a shot, but I tke no responsibility for your actions.
Hmmm, interesting... Wonder though if that won't cause any problems down the road. I do however, have some information on how one could make their own indiglo faces for any gauge they have. Let me check and see if that link still works before I get myself in too deep here...
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/03/02 12:55 PM
color does not match perfectly from LoTek. go here for pic. Your on your own for 2 1/16 guages; I used Autometer Phantoms.

Mark
Posted By: WickeD_CSVT Re: pillar pods - 10/03/02 04:14 PM
I am in! Are they only $5 or is that the discount?
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/03/02 05:02 PM
ok i got everything sorted out and we get $10 off if i have them all shiped to my address so it will be actually up to you guys if you want to do that. it will be little discount for some of you and bigger for others. if you want you can come to my house and get it or i can mail it to you. just let me know if you would rather have $5 off and have them [censored] it to you or have $10 and have them ship them to me. but we all have to do the same thing and i have to have at least 15 orders. so everybody tell me what you want and which ever we have the most of that is what we will do
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 10/03/02 05:13 PM
I want one, unpainted/black. can be sent to you, I'll get it from ya. Must have larger discount...
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/03/02 07:18 PM
I want one, unpainted/black. can be sent to you, I'll get it from ya. Must have larger discount...

same here
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: pillar pods - 10/03/02 08:09 PM
I want one in gray. I'll also pick it up from you.
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/03/02 08:36 PM
ok guys i figured out that it is going to be like cheaper for me to send it to you and you get the $10 discount then it would be for them to send it to you and only get $5 so i think it probably going to be best if we do it so there all sent to me. and dont worry you will all get it i promise. if you dont belive me you can ask stolontour97 and luckytour95 they live like 100 miles away and they can beat me up if i dont. but i am going to place the order on the 18th of this month so that every body will get paid at least one more time before i order then and you wont miss out on the groupbuy. if i dont have your money by the 18th then you dont get it and i will send your money back to you. so have your checks here by the 18th so we can get this going on. also please PM me as to if your doing it or not and what color you want. the colors i get are black $39, tan $44, dark blue $44, denim blue $44, and medium gray $44 (the extra $4 is for priority shipping from me to you) if you have any questions then PM me. I will also be setting up a paypal account so you can do it that way. i will get back to you when i get it set up.

(AKA - 1996contourSE) I just changed my name.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/03/02 08:37 PM
After seeing the pictures, I think I'll do a pillar pod in black, and having them shipped to you is fine. You can USPS it to me ground for cheap, I'll pay the difference, since I'm in Houston and it's a bit of a hike up there!

any discount is better than none, at least it'll offset the price for shipping that I'll have to pay anyways. . .so what will the final price be???

Suneil
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/03/02 08:39 PM
for black it will be $39

(AKA - 1996contourSE) i just changed my name
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/04/02 03:03 PM
Sounds like a stupid question, but how do we install these things? Not the pillar pods, which I'm assuming are straight forwards, but the gauges that hook up to measure the temperature, volts, etc. Is it going to get pricey to have a shop do them??

$39 sounds awesome!

Suneil
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/04/02 03:08 PM
Sign me up for a black one.
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/04/02 07:34 PM
Originally posted by StaticTour96:
well i talked to the company and they said $5 if we have 25 people but i am still talking with them and hopefully we can work something out
You mean $50 right?

I'm in...
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/05/02 08:56 PM
i will actually need two. one for me in black and one for a trade across seas.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 10/07/02 02:13 PM
ttt
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/07/02 05:12 PM
if anyone finde any gauges for the pod that match the indiglo gauges pleses let me know.
I have a pod, and I'm trying to find indiglo gauges.
The autometer indiglo ones are green which i don't really like.
Someone on the forum has an APC gauge (i think AF gauge) mounted in the dash and its blue indiglo and matched perfect, but i don't really like APC stuff.

If i can't find anything i guess i'm gonna go with the autometer ultra-lite series, and just hope it looks decent.

Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/07/02 06:09 PM
Ok nobody has sent me any money remember the dead line is the 18th and i have to have at least 15 people. if the 18th is a problem for more then half of you then i can push it back a little but i would rather not. my paypal email addy is major1040@yahoo.com
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 10/07/02 06:17 PM
well... you just now gave people a place to be able to send you money...
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/07/02 07:52 PM
...and I didn't know about any deadline...

I don't have paypal anymore 'cuz I got nervous...
Got an address or something I can send a check to or maybe they take credit cards from us???
Posted By: #1 96 se Re: pillar pods - 10/07/02 10:48 PM
i was looking in spmotorsports.com and they had them for sale mail order i forget the price they were.
Posted By: Journie Re: pillar pods - 10/07/02 11:52 PM
Originally posted by showtime:
if anyone finde any gauges for the pod that match the indiglo gauges pleses let me know.
I have a pod, and I'm trying to find indiglo gauges.
The autometer indiglo ones are green which i don't really like.
Someone on the forum has an APC gauge (i think AF gauge) mounted in the dash and its blue indiglo and matched perfect, but i don't really like APC stuff.

If i can't find anything i guess i'm gonna go with the autometer ultra-lite series, and just hope it looks decent.

do ebay search,they are all over that place,not APC either.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 10/08/02 03:58 PM
Originally posted by chknhwk:
...and I didn't know about any deadline...

I don't have paypal anymore 'cuz I got nervous...
Got an address or something I can send a check to or maybe they take credit cards from us???

Originally posted by StaticTour:
but i am going to place the order on the 18th of this month so that every body will get paid at least one more time before i order then and you wont miss out on the groupbuy. if i dont have your money by the 18th then you dont get it and i will send your money back to you. so have your checks here by the 18th so we can get this going on. also please PM me as to if your doing it or not and what color you want.

Umm, anywho. i'll send him a pm so an addy can be posted for thosw w/o paypal.
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/08/02 04:40 PM
my address for all those who dont want to send through pay pal is

Anthony lee
13325 s 91st e ave
bixby, ok 74008
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 10/09/02 05:45 PM
ttt, again...
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/09/02 07:24 PM
Money sent!
Posted By: onosway Re: pillar pods - 10/09/02 08:07 PM
Originally posted by #1 96 se:
i was looking in spmotorsports.com and they had them for sale mail order i forget the price they were.

Hey can you beat SPMotorsports price?
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/09/02 08:22 PM
sent money couple of days ago. . .when do we get 'em?
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 10/10/02 01:33 AM
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
sent money couple of days ago. . .when do we get 'em?

He's supposed to be ordering them on the 18th. so sometime soon after then...
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/11/02 12:52 AM
well the price is about the same as SPmotorsports. so i would just as soon go though this company cause i have talked to them many times about them and i know what they want and they know what i want.
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/11/02 01:14 AM
if you are paying with a credit card then you have to send $2 more to cover the charges it cost me to process them thanks everybody for getting in on this remember i need 15 people so send that money
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/11/02 07:58 PM
ttt
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 10/12/02 02:02 AM

you need money before the 18th yeah?? I will have to pay pal it to ya cuz next weekend will be too late when I see ya when you come down here. DON'T FORGET!!! You're supposed to come to OKC next weekend... ya told me to remind ya...
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 10/14/02 04:58 AM
ttt
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: pillar pods - 10/15/02 05:34 PM
ttt
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/15/02 10:13 PM
money order went out today.
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/16/02 02:14 AM
since there has been a lack of people sending me money for these i am going to push the date back til the first of november. come on guys these are going to look awesome in are cars. lets get them and get rollin
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: pillar pods - 10/25/02 11:52 PM
ttt Anyone else?
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 10/26/02 12:33 AM
Hey Static, I'll bring my money to give ya on Tuesday.
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/30/02 06:15 AM
ok well you can and i need 8 more people. I want to get these soon and it isnt looking that great unless you guys send me some money. paypal me at nutmeg596@hotmail.com
Posted By: 97_contour_sport Re: pillar pods - 10/30/02 06:49 AM
Man, I would love to get a lo-tek gauge pod but lo-tek says they won't fit pre 98 tours but, if somebody out there has fit one to a pre 98 tour let me know how it went and i'll get one too.
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/30/02 03:49 PM
they will git pre 98 they told me they would and they said if for some reason they dont then you could send it back. I have a pre 98 and so do most of the people that are getting these. there is not difference in the a pillers of pre and post 98. send me your money paypal at nutmeg596@hotmail.com
or send it to
cody lee
13325 s 91st e ave
bixby,ok 74008

remember it is 39 for black and 44 for a color if you pay with a credit card attach an extra $2 because i have to pay a fee for taking credit cards
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/30/02 10:08 PM
are these single pods or dual pods?
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 10/30/02 10:33 PM
triple. . .
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 10/31/02 02:39 AM
they are triple pods
Posted By: Powerford_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 11/05/02 10:40 AM
Any news about the pillar pods?
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 11/06/02 03:22 AM
i am still waiting on some more people and i am working with another company to to see if there might be a better deal but i am still working so dont let the posts stop
Posted By: csc99svt Re: pillar pods - 11/06/02 03:33 AM
go ahead and sign me up for sure......i just cant garauntee what i will be ordering for another couple of days....

but i want one pillar for sure!
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 11/06/02 05:58 PM
ok well i can wait cause we are almost to the right amount of people to order them. just paypal me at major1040@yahoo.com
or send a check to
cody lee
13325 s 91st e ave
bixby, ok 74008
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 11/12/02 12:04 AM
So are we going to get these ever or are we getting our money back?, because it looks like spmotorsports.com sells them for the same price. . .don't mean to be a dick, just thought the cut off was Nov. 1st and we're rolling on to two weeks into Nov. and no show. . .
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: pillar pods - 11/12/02 07:05 AM
I heard that he put the order in last friday.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 11/12/02 01:30 PM
So are we going to get these ever or are we getting our money back?
They're on their way. The problem was that a lot of people showed interest and when it came down to actually getting in on this deal, a lot of those people disappeared and didn't get in so it took longer to get up to the number of people that was needed to get the GB price. I want mine just as bad as everyone else.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 11/12/02 03:51 PM
Happens a lot on these forums, huh? Thanks for doing the whole GB, really appreciate your patience, and sorry about being a tight ass, I wanted these gauges in before Christmas in case I drive anywhere. . .

Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 11/12/02 05:13 PM
ok just so there is no confussion I am ordering them this friday and they will all be shipped to me then i will ship them to you i am just trying to get a couple more people in on it before it is time to order
Posted By: highline9 Re: pillar pods - 11/14/02 04:58 PM
let me know if im too late or not
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 11/14/02 07:46 PM
your not to late i am going to order tommorow or monday just as soon as my money transfer comes through
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 11/18/02 06:21 PM
I am having complations on my bank account with transfering money for some reason i am trying to get it all worked out so i can place the order but i am positive that i will be placing it as soon as the money is in my paypal. sorry about the wait guys and thanx for being patiencent
Posted By: Powerford_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 11/20/02 08:02 PM
In my mind, the pillar pod is already painted, gauges are inserted and mounted to my pillar........ waiting is sooo hard!
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 11/22/02 08:21 PM
So whats the word Static?
Any luck?

Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 11/24/02 06:27 PM
bank sent me a letter yesterday and it should all be in the good this week. the day it happens the pods are going to be ordered. and they did say this week. before thursday actually
Posted By: Powerford_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 11/27/02 12:55 AM
So this should happen today....? Where can I get the needed gauges?
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 11/27/02 02:57 AM
it happenes soon guys i am doing all i can i know that its taking a long time but just think of when you do have it and also try autometer guages
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: pillar pods - 11/27/02 06:07 AM
Thanks man glad to hear something. I'm sure we all are thankfull for your hard work in getting this group buy going.
Posted By: Powerford_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 12/02/02 08:59 PM
So are we going to get these ever or are we getting our money back?

Have to ask this again........
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: pillar pods - 12/02/02 09:16 PM
He is trying to work it all out, ran into problems with the bank but I think we found away around that. I have one on order I'm waiting for too. Just be patient it will all get worked out and everyone will get there pillar pods.
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 12/02/02 10:12 PM
ok guys good news all is good with the bank now order should be in soon just waiting to the paperwork so lets get ready for them. sorry it took so long but I think we will all be happy with them. woooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo
Posted By: Powerford_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 12/03/02 03:10 AM
I didn´t want to offend anyone, I just can´t wait any more to have this cool thing in my Mondy.....

Keep on going, Static, you´re doing a great job!!!
Posted By: Powerford_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 12/21/02 10:10 PM
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 12/25/02 06:08 AM
so static this is going to go through now?

Conor
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 12/25/02 01:57 PM
Umm, HELLO???? My inquiring mind wants to know as well... What's going on these days????
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 12/26/02 02:54 AM
should be comming soon
Posted By: Powerford_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 12/26/02 08:49 AM
StaticTour96:
should be comming soon

I think I´ve heard that some weeks before......
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: pillar pods - 12/27/02 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Powerford:
<blockquote><font class="small"> StaticTour96:</font><hr> should be comming soon

I think I´ve heard that some weeks before......

LOL he is working hard on this, he assures me that they will be here.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 01/08/03 04:13 PM
checking in for my monthly update

whats goin on?
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pillar pods - 01/08/03 05:19 PM
I wanna know myself. I will find out this weekend...
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 01/08/03 10:41 PM
[color:grr I seem to be having some problems here I have some stuff on the way also and I am not getting it I are about to have a little chat with some people.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 01/09/03 05:50 PM
What does that mean? You're shipping them? You dont have them yet? I'm not trying to be an ass but this is getting kinda redundant.
Posted By: Static Re: pillar pods - 01/09/03 07:33 PM
there on there way to me as we speak... it has been a long process but there finally comming
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 01/09/03 09:26 PM
If it is not too late to get in this GB, I am 100% in! Let me know, and I also sent you a PM...
Posted By: brian8064_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 01/19/03 07:55 PM
Those of you that have painted your pillars yourself, where did you go to get the paint for an exact match? Dealership?

Thanks,
Brian
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: pillar pods - 01/20/03 06:09 PM
Im not sure if im too last or not , but since im in Bulgaria right now im a little behind on things LOL , but if im not too late i would liike in on this ;;

Posted By: Powerford_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 01/21/03 12:24 AM
Static, are you collecting the Interests you get for our money on your current account??????? I WANT THOSE PILLAR PODS!!!! NOW!!!! Will they be cheaper for us, if we subtract those Interests from the price????

Many questions to be answered and a long, long time since the beginning of this GB....
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 01/25/03 09:05 PM
what is the deal? where are the pods?
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 01/27/03 04:30 PM
this is getting almost comical.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 01/27/03 04:43 PM
i think we could've bought these from spmotorsports.com for the same price too, I'm thinking about getting my money back. . .they are PILLAR PODS for christ sakes. . .are we waiting on people to pay? Or ??
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 01/27/03 06:55 PM
I'm rather concerned. this thing started in october....
Static, please at least give us some confidence that you're not screwing us over here. I'm willing to be patient, but not uninformed....

thanks,

Conor
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: pillar pods - 01/27/03 07:35 PM
Hey all I know static, I'll go kick his butt and get it in gear. I want my pillar pod too.
Posted By: Powerford_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 01/27/03 11:37 PM
I mailed him some days ago and wanted to know, when we´ll get them. He answered me:

"They have been ordered"

But, they should be here since December, shouldn´t they???
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 01/29/03 09:55 PM
what
is
going
on

Posted By: Dark Arts Re: pillar pods - 01/31/03 04:09 AM
LOL, this is a relief i didnt get in on this one !
but i do want some pillar pods .....hmmmmmm what do i do
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: pillar pods - 01/31/03 04:23 AM
LOL....he took the money and went to Bulgaria on vacation.

Just kidding
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: pillar pods - 01/31/03 05:17 AM
That place was so diffrent , i wish i could post some pic's of it LOL
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: pillar pods - 02/01/03 08:52 PM
Hey since this isnt going anywhere .Do you know where else i can buy some pods ? i know there around 50.00 , i just cant wait much longer
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/02/03 04:28 AM
http://www.spmotorsports.com/contour_access_gauge_pods.html

call Joe at spmotorsports.com

here's a pic from his page.

I'm going to try to get my money back, this is absurd, especially since Joe offers it at 39.95. . .lower than our GB price.

Posted By: Dark Arts Re: pillar pods - 02/02/03 04:38 AM
COOL thanks ,
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/03/03 04:01 AM
I just pm'd him and said I want my pod in the next two weeks or a refund.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: pillar pods - 02/03/03 05:05 AM
2 weeks ? damn you got too much patience
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/03/03 02:47 PM
how many people are in on this group buy?
I'm curious as to how much money we are out as a group.

Has anyone heard from static in the last two weeks?!?
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/03/03 03:12 PM
static pm'ed me back, he's getting the money back from the manufacturer since THEY didn't hold their end of the bargain, and refunding us (or whoever PM's him to remind him). . .he's been busy with that, hence the lack of response, but he was apologetic, even though it was out of his control. . .I think he's as pissed as all of us, especially those of us staring at their cool autometer gauges sitting on the floor waiting to be isntalled.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: pillar pods - 02/03/03 04:37 PM
Your payment has been processed.

Merchant: Lo-Tek Engineering - E2581
Date/Time: Monday, February 03, 2003 08:10:09 Pacific Standard Time
Amount: $55.98
Auth No: AVSSALE:314336:093034581557734:749:31746786:Y:
Order ID: 26663503
Description: Lo-Tek, Inc., 2-3-2003
Purchase: 1998 - 2001 Ford Contour Triple Pillar-cover <BR><LI>Gauge
Size: 2 1/16" <BR><LI>Color: Med Gray +5.00 (1)

I ODERED MINE TODAY FROM LO TEK

Posted By: Dark Arts Re: pillar pods - 02/03/03 04:40 PM
Almost forgot , does anyone know where i can get white faced gauges 2 1/16" for this pod ? im not wanting to spend a lot .....all i need is , vold , oil , and temp
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: pillar pods - 02/03/03 04:47 PM
greg I got all of mine from www.nopi.com e-cat..decent pricing there.

me
Posted By: m!key Re: pillar pods - 02/03/03 04:54 PM
is this pod pictured weird? it looks like it sits on top of the pillar and isnt a replacement for the pillar itself.

here is mine that i got from lo tek which replaces the entire pillar.

Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/04/03 03:16 AM
cool...good to hear something!
Woudlnt mind hearing from static himself though....
whenever you get a chance dude...

Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/04/03 03:55 AM
yeah, I didn't relize the LOTEK one we were getting was $60 and REPLACED the whole pillar pod, the one from spmotorsports looks like it's added on, and looks like shiyat. . .it's a shame this GB didn't pan out, we would've saved $20/pod. . .oh well, I'm wondering if I should bother at this point.

Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/04/03 03:55 AM
yeah, I didn't relize the LOTEK one we were getting was $60 and REPLACED the whole pillar pod, the one from spmotorsports looks like it's added on, and looks like shiyat. . .it's a shame this GB didn't pan out, we would've saved $20/pod. . .oh well, I'm wondering if I should bother at this point.

Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/04/03 04:11 PM
Static, I think we'd all still like to hear from you on what the real story is if you're around.

Conor
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: pillar pods - 02/05/03 05:15 AM
This doesnt look like it turned out too well ..
Posted By: auiotour Re: pillar pods - 02/10/03 06:17 PM
Originally posted by STATIC:
Ok I emailed a lo-tek a company that makes pillar pods for are cars and he was not very informative but if i can get enough people that want to get these then i can get us a group buy. so anybody who wants these let me know so i can get back to this guy and give a price. the more people the cheaper.

Don't be supprised if you don't get your stuff from anthony, (static) the little bastard still has not sent me my fuel door that he cashed the check over a month ago, and has said he has sent the fuel door, and refuses to give me the tracking number and won't respond to my emails.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: pillar pods - 02/10/03 07:00 PM
I called Low Tek today and my gauge pods are being sent out today , VERY VERY VERY Unhappy about this company , i ordered my pods well over 10 days ago , and now there just being shipped today , so if you got 2 weeks to wait for them OK , if not DONT GO LOW TEK ...
Posted By: Powerford_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/19/03 08:48 PM
Any news from Static?
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/19/03 08:49 PM
ya....he ripped us off
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/20/03 03:32 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
is this pod pictured weird? it looks like it sits on top of the pillar and isnt a replacement for the pillar itself.

here is mine that i got from lo tek which replaces the entire pillar.

hey what color should I get my LOTEK pod as?? It's $5.00 for either Denim Blue or Dark Blue, what matches the MNB interior better?

I have black Recaro seats, should I just go with the black?

BTW, on their website, it's 44.99 w/o color added : www.gaugepods.com/countour.html

Suneil
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/20/03 03:35 AM

I just wanted to let you know I am still waiting on the company to send that check to me and I wanted to keep you updated.... sorry about all this I dont want you to think I am stealing your money or anything like that... I will get it back to you asap .... thanks for be patient

That's the PM he sent me most recently, just sit tight guys. . .too bad the GB didn't work out.

I feel weird being the middle man here since I don't know him, or actually any of you, but he sounds sincere and has been on the site for awhile. . .
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/20/03 03:40 AM
I retract my previous statement and apologize......

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pillar pods - 02/20/03 03:41 AM
can those LOTEK gauge pods fit non-svt 'tours????
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: pillar pods - 02/20/03 03:51 AM
Yeapp, got mine installed from Lo Tek
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/25/03 02:36 AM
if I dont get a reply from static in 5 days I would ask and ask the other people on this group buy that he is removed from the forums. I know its not much, but its something.
Posted By: ABeeSVT Re: pillar pods - 02/26/03 07:32 PM
Count me in but the gauges are extra yes? And they can cost lots of money.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: pillar pods - 02/26/03 07:34 PM
dude, this GB blew up, never got off the ground.
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: pillar pods - 02/26/03 11:56 PM
i spent 160.00 in gauges . Autometer Phantom
© CEG Archives