Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: baco99 Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/13/02 06:09 PM
Is there any interest in purchasing fully functional, 1/43 scale Mondeo RC cars?

A guy at work just got a Subaru WRX and this thing is ridiculous fun. We're thinking it wouldn't be that hard to model a 1/43 Mondeo body to place on it, and print some BTCC decals.

Full ADJUSTABLE suspension, suspension upgrades are available. Body has a wheelbase adjustment to accomodate different bodies. Also has different tire choices: slicks, grooved, and knobby.

This little b*stard is SO MUCH FUN! I'll try and post some pics around our "office track" and some of the jumps. It hauls butt for only being 4 inches long!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/13/02 06:18 PM
you mean like this

HPI has some nice stuff

www.hpiracing.com

i was thinking about getting into racing micros
it looks pretty fun..they got some nice micro racing videos on their website
Posted By: baco99 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/13/02 06:27 PM
no no no! the smallest they make is 1/18.

these are 1/43!
Posted By: baco99 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/13/02 06:44 PM
Like THIS!

Mini Subaru WRX --- Snapfish.com

If it askes you:
Login: baco99@excite.com
Pass: NECEG
Posted By: LegacySHO_dup1 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/14/02 03:44 AM
Originally posted by showtime:
you mean like this

Hmm...that wing looks pretty good! anybody know where can I get a wing like this for my REAL 'tour?
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/14/02 09:35 PM
Any idea what the price would be?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/15/02 01:46 AM
Originally posted by SVTMike:
Any idea what the price would be?
Same here!
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/15/02 02:28 AM
i've always wanted one of those but without the decals. i want to make it a mini-me, resembling my car. i think it would be neat to keep in the car and pull out every now and then. a price would be nice. nothing gas powered (though it would give it more power). i just want one that looks like my car and actually goes.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/15/02 03:58 AM
actually the electrics go faster
Posted By: BIGFISHE_dup1 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/15/02 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
actually the electrics go faster

I beg to differ, until you see my NTC3 With an OS.15tr.

hitting 70 MPH with its 2 speed.
would love to see you get your electric up to that Speed.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/15/02 08:10 PM
seeing as i don't have a RC car i would love to see it too, but I read on another post that electrics have gone over 100mph...something about at that scale more power per weight from electric
Posted By: Contouraholic_dup1 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/16/02 12:39 AM
Electrics are faster...But nitro runs longer...Take your pic, they're all good...
Posted By: baco99 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/16/02 01:34 AM
price for the car is about $90 from a US distributor. there are a lot of vendors in Japan, but i have only found one in the US.

the mondeo body would have to be custom made, but i think i have a way of making a CAD model to make a mold. so, you'd have to buy the whole car and the additional Mondeo body. they currently offer the WRX, Supra, EVO vi, and Skyline bodies.

i'll see what i can do if i can get some solid interest.
these cars are made very well for their size. you can set up a track on your living room floor and whizz around for about 15 minutes per charge. the kit comes with the car, body, charger (which uses 6 AA batteries), and 2-channel AM remote (which uses 1 9v battery).

the scaled speed for this car is 270 MPH, so its real speed calcuates down to about 6 feet per second.

so far i see about 3 people? anyone else? i am assuming i would need about 30 to make this plausible.
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/16/02 02:39 AM
Here Is one for you guys can Check Out I am probably getting it this weak!!!!!
I found a local Shop who only sells them for 20-30 Dollars over cost!!!!
I am a sucker for stuff like this!!!!!!

Check it out Some Bad R/C's
1st Go to Kits
Then click on the Grey and black car That says Pro 3 on the side!!

Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/16/02 04:47 AM
Cool pics on that website! 2-Door Mondeo rulez!

Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/16/02 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Cool pics on that website! 2-Door Mondeo rulez!

Yeah Thats the one!!!
Posted By: Eli_dup1 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/16/02 05:10 PM
those look awesome!! i'd be in, but the local hobby shop where im at sells these mini rc cars for about $40. if we could get it at that range, im in. $90 is almost enough for a mod.
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/16/02 05:16 PM
Originally posted by ETayrien:
those look awesome!! i'd be in, but the local hobby shop where im at sells these mini rc cars for about $40. if we could get it at that range, im in. $90 is almost enough for a mod.

40 bucks I doubt it, it retails for 369.00 I can get it for around 200.00
Posted By: baco99 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/17/02 12:54 PM
how big are those Mini's?

these cars are actually part of the "Indoor Racer" series. Smaller than "Micro."

if we had a group buy, i could probably get the price down.

again, you need to buy the car and pick from the choice of body styles they offer, and then if you want a mondeo, i would have to custom make one. there are NO Mondeo bodies for the Indoor Racers.
Posted By: TommyBoy_dup1 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/17/02 01:00 PM
Originally posted by baco99:
how big are those Mini's?

these cars are actually part of the "Indoor Racer" series. Smaller than "Micro."

if we had a group buy, i could probably get the price down.

again, you need to buy the car and pick from the choice of body styles they offer, and then if you want a mondeo, i would have to custom make one. there are NO Mondeo bodies for the Indoor Racers.

Actually there not mini's, There 1/10 Scale R/C's But I thought some people might like to see them sorry

I wonder what it whould cost to get a paint scheme like that on my tour????
Posted By: baco99 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/17/02 01:05 PM
TommyBoy --

Not a problem! I just don't want people to get confused. The cars I am talking about are not readily available in the US. Like I said, there is currenty only one distributor. I could either work with him, or try to import these cars myself and also be a distributor.

And $90 for these is not that much considering you get a modifiable, fully functioning car that fits in your pocket!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/17/02 01:41 PM
here is a site i found today...lots of info...if you can read spanish!

little ones
more little ones

sure looks like a focus to me
Posted By: baco99 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/17/02 04:51 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

sure looks like a focus to me

That's the Peogeot 206 WRC rally car with a custom paint job.

There are basically two versions of similar cars. the MiniZ is a little bigger (1/34 scale), but they offer many more body types and mods.

The Indoor Racers are smaller and don't have as much of an aftermarket. But I'd be willing to work on that if people are interested!

And the smallest are the Bit Char-G and Char-A cars. But those are not to scale. The proportions are more cartoon-like. like this -- these are only about 2.5 inches long! This is a custom Bit Char-G with bigger wheels and some other mods:

Posted By: ElKy Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/17/02 07:36 PM
ok..well... i know this is a focus!!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/17/02 07:42 PM
did you see the cars you were talking about on any of the sites i posted?

i like the mini-z cars...they seem to have many options in all aspects...

i would like a little more info on the cars you are speaking of..
Posted By: baco99 Re: Mini Mondeo RC Cars? - 09/17/02 08:08 PM
Yes, that site you posted had links to all three types of cars. The rundown is as follows:

MiniZ -- Most sophisticated of the bunch. About 1/24 scale, approx 6 inches long, RWD, lots of mods available. ~$130 shipped

MiniX -- Same as MiniZ, but with AWD and not as many mods. ~$150 shipped

Indoor Racer -- About 4.5 inches long, 1/43 scale, not many mods, but they are very fun and pretty quick little buggers! ~90 shipped

Bit Char-G -- Not to scale, about 2.5 inches long. Not as modifiable, but look like they are fun as hell. I am getting one of these to mess around with. ~$30 shipped

Bit Char-A -- The newer version of the Char-G, with a larger motor and batteries. ~$40 shipped

Each one of these cars has a remote and charger associated with it. The Char-G cars come in a case where the base is the charger and the controller. All have interchangable AM crystals so you can race many cars at once. Most of these are Japanese or Chinese made, there are some knock-offs that sell cheaper, but I have read that the quality is lacking.

My friend Mike and I would love to make more parts and bodies for any of these models. So whichever seems to be the most popular woudl be the one we concentrate on. To me, the MiniZ and MiniX cars are a bit too big and pricey. The Indoor Racers look very detailed and offer a good about of fun for less than 100 bucks. The Bit Char-G cars are goofy looking, but cheap and incredibly small!
© CEG Archives