Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
In another post someone asked if this worked on contours because it was advertised that it is for th Focus. I spoke with the sales dept at steeda and they confirmed that it will work with all MTX 75 contiques. This is a much cheaper shifter then the B&M short throw and he has offered 10% off the price of 109.95 for a qty 10 and 15% off for qty 20. More info can be found on www.steeda.com under the Focus drivetrain section. Interested parties holler.
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter - 08/20/02 09:44 PM
interested......
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter - 08/20/02 09:51 PM
Geez, that seems high.

Check OBX for there version of the B&M

Link to Ebay for $69.00 Dutch Auction

Or Maybe this one from Steeda. Weird thin is that Steeda is not mcuh of a shorter shift lever, but is designed to have short throws.

Shift your Focus faster and easier with Steeda's Tri-Ax/F short throw shifter. The Tri-Ax/F is more than just a short handle. We re-engineered the entire shift mechanism with an improved pivot ratio so you can enjoy faster shifts without having to bend down to reach the shift knob. The shift knob is located in a more comfortable position than the too-tall factory shifter, without being too-short like other "short-throw" shifters

See Ebay auction for starting bid at $80 No shift knob with the Steeda tho!

Contact the seller on Ebay and I bet he can hook you guys up with a real Group buy price!!!
Posted By: thepakrat Re: Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter - 08/21/02 11:29 AM
Interested here too!
Originally posted by Fmr12B:

Or Maybe this one from Steeda. Weird thin is that Steeda is not mcuh of a shorter shift lever, but is designed to have short throws.

See Ebay auction for starting bid at $80 No shift knob with the Steeda tho!

Contact the seller on Ebay and I bet he can hook you guys up with a real Group buy price!!!

Possibly, I'll look into it, but notice that his buy it now sell price is right up there with steeda's regular price.
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: OBX short throw shifter... - 08/21/02 01:45 PM
I contacted the seller about some type of a group buy on these. personally, I would rather have the obx, it looks nicer, and is a shorter shifter, the steeda even says in the description about the length of the shifter. Anyway, if anyone is interested LMK and I will make a more formal message when he replies.
thanks
Moose
Posted By: thepakrat Re: OBX short throw shifter... - 08/21/02 02:03 PM
I would personally rather have a longer shifter than the B&M, but shorter than stock. That would make the Steeda shifter perfect for me. The B&M is too short for my likings and I don't care for it.
Posted By: Cappuccino911_dup1 Re: OBX short throw shifter... - 08/21/02 02:42 PM
I talked to the guy on ebay. $80 for the steeda for qty 10+. Let me know guys
Posted By: smoothy_dup1 Re: OBX short throw shifter... - 08/21/02 03:05 PM
I am in... I want one anyways, cause now I own a focus, so I want it.. put me down on a list.. especially for 80$$!!

besides, Steeda replaces about the whole linkage and everything, not just the shifter...
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: OBX short throw shifter... - 08/21/02 03:18 PM
with or w/out shift knob? I am def in if it is included, have to think about it if not, still have to have the reverse lock out shift knob right?
Moose
I just saw a post about this topic in another forum, I think it was Gen Mod's. Some guy with a Mondeo, I believe is Handle is Isben said he bought one and had to do some modding to get it to fit. Something about an adapter plate and cutting an extra hole in the console. Cap, when you contacted steeda, did they mention anything about this? Might it be a good idea to find out for sure before-hand? thanks
Moose
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: OBX short throw shifter... - 08/21/02 04:13 PM
Looks like it retains the reverse lockout feature and for $80 you do not get a new shift knob.

Also, you can disable the reverse lockout feature very easily if you would like to go with a different knob. One that uses set screws to attach it to the shift lever.

Also, glad to be of help on this group buy folks!
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter - 08/21/02 06:46 PM
If you guys get the Steeda shifter could you post a pic of it along side the stock shifter?....

Thanks
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: OBX short throw shifter... - 08/21/02 07:48 PM
I just talked to RPI, the company that sells the OBX short shifter. They are sending me a kit for 65 bucks (they sell them for 69 usually) so I can do a test trial. If it works, I'll let everyone know. They also said that they'd cut it to 60-65 or so (depending on the number ordered) if we were interested in a group buy. I'll let everyone know as soon as I get it if they're any problems w/ istallation, and I'll post pics. thanks
Moose
Posted By: Ibsen_dup1 Re: OBX short throw shifter... - 08/21/02 08:14 PM
There is an update on the Steeda thread with some further explanations....

steeda tri-ax

Forgot to say that I also got the info that it would fit all with MTX75.

Ibsen
Posted By: trek7000_dup1 Re: OBX short throw shifter... - 08/22/02 03:11 AM
I bought the obx shifter i loved how it shifted very short throw.was very easy to install.But I had it on my car for 3 days and i was driving to work and stoped at a red light put the car in neutral.When i went to put it 1st it felt like the cable broke.Pulled the shifter boot up and the weld on the cable ball broke.Still trying to get ahold of obx to replace it.
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: OBX short throw shifter... - 08/22/02 04:30 AM
lmk if you have any problems contacting them, I have a 100 yr, 1 Million mile warranty coming from them, and if you have problems getting in touch with them, I'll hook you up with the guy I talked to. thanks
Jared
Posted By: Ibsen_dup1 Re: OBX short throw shifter... - 08/22/02 07:56 PM
There is a picture update here:

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=genmods&Number=7301&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

Ibsen
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: OBX short throw shifter... - 08/23/02 05:16 PM
i need to think about it and check financing but i'm very interested in the steeda shifter. can anyone make the adapter plates that will be needed for the shifter? is the 80 with or without shipping.
will this work on all mtx-75 trans or just the post 98 cable shifted and not the rod.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter - 08/26/02 04:39 PM
Originally posted by mike_95se:
will this work on all mtx-75 trans or just the post 98 cable shifted and not the rod.

Good question. Anyone?
Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter - 08/26/02 05:48 PM
The B&M will not work with the Rod Shift Transmissions so I would assume the same is true for this one.
I have been getting an overwhelming amount of info that says this is going to require some additonal work to install and will not just bolt right on so I am discontinuing my attempt at a group buy on this. The obx is a lot cheaper as well and seems to bolt on and many people seem to want to give it a try.
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter - 08/27/02 04:24 PM
If anyone is interested in the OBX short shifter lmk. I have one on the way that should arrive any day now. I will install it as soon as I get to make sure there are no probs. were looking at 60-65 bucks depending on the number of people that want in. thanks
Moose
Posted By: Journie Re: Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter - 08/27/02 06:49 PM
They are on Ebay also.
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter - 08/27/02 08:21 PM
hmmmm.... Might that be the company we are trying to get a group buy from????
© CEG Archives