Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 04:21 AM
OK guys heres the deal! I talk to a guy at MSDS and heres what he said!~! Normally the Shorty Headers run $660 for the headers which includes the Y pipe! Now if you have a vortec supercharger it runs $715 normally! The guy said that he would run us the same deal that he did last time with the group buy. If we get 10+ people we can get them for $575 plus shipping and if you have the supercharger add $50 which is $625! ~~~~ i'll have more on this in a few days but he said the normal 2.5L engines..like the new Cougars and regular Contours experiance a MAX of 40HP gain and the SVT Contours around 50HP gain MAX! Please let me know whos interested and can caugh up the money (not exactly RIGHT NOW!)! I have a 30 day LIMIT from when i let him know to the date we need the money in by, because they have some in stock, but extras have to be made. That means when i get 10 people that say they want in i'm going to let him know to start making them! So if you say you are in...please be in for sure, if you are interested let me know too!!~!! THanks an i'll have more later when i recieve the fax from MSDS!!!!
Posted By: SvTurbo911_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 04:50 AM
Hey, count me in. The Y-pipe is included right? Get back
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 05:05 AM
Yes Y pipe included!
PS Nice pics of your car, i like!
Posted By: PA 3L SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 06:04 AM
I know you (actually the guy at MSDS) said MAX, but I have trouble believing 40-50 hp gains. Not that I think they are a bad product, but everyone needs to make sure they take vendor hp quotes with a grain of salt. A more appropriate hp quote would be "average" or "expected", but hardly anyone says that because they don't sound as cool.

Like I said, I don't think the headers are a bad product, and I'd like to put a set on my car someday. Just not now. $$$
Posted By: onosway Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 06:40 AM
Does it mess up the sensors? Do i need that MIL bypass thingy or whatever it is.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 12:31 PM
If you get the people I'd like in.

Yes you will need the MIL elminators.
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 12:37 PM
I've been looking around for some MIL eliminators....where can they be found?

**sorry for getting OT, PM me if you want
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 01:13 PM
Originally posted by SVTnKC:
he said the normal 2.5L engines..like the new Cougars and regular Contours experiance a MAX of 40HP gain and the SVT Contours around 50HP gain MAX!

And if you believe that I've got a bridge to sell you. Maybe 10-12 hp. Make almost as much gutting the precats which is um FREE .
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 02:54 PM
well, you can make your own (ask DemonSVT), or just buy the ones for the new mustangs.

Originally posted by Cathode:
I've been looking around for some MIL eliminators....where can they be found?

**sorry for getting OT, PM me if you want
Posted By: PuckPuck_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 03:34 PM
http://www.teamneco.com

go to the main site, then search the how tos for MIL and you'll get all the info you need....
Posted By: contourd_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 03:51 PM
Is anyone able to get the Zetec Manifolds?? Or will the Focus work??
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 03:55 PM
LOOK here it is....and read carefully because it says that it COMES with the mil simulators, so there's no need to go looking for one!

Home About MSDS Product Overview Exhaust & Headers
Air Intake Systems Specialty Products Project Vehicles

WHAT'S NEW?

MSDS is now producing a High Output Shorty Header Set

MSDS is now producing a High Output Shorty Header Set with High Flow Y-pipe for the '95 and up Ford Contour, Mercury Mystique, and '99 and up Cougar with the 2.5 litre Duratec V6 engine. The headers are made from 16 gauge cold roll 1.625" mandrel bent tubing, laser cut flanges, and retain all oe emissions fittings. The Y-pipe is made from twin 2" mandrel bent tubes, has a welded support bracket, and mates to the oe catalytic converter. These are ceramic coated (1,500f), and include hardware, gaskets, and M-I-L simulators, for a total bolt on installation.

The headers have shown as much as 30 fwhp increase when combined with a high flow air cleaner and cat back exhaust system, on our '99 Cougar test vehicle. Please specify your transmission type/ year/ and either 2 or 3 bolt cat converter inlet flange when ordering. The 3 bolt converter flange is usually on all automatics. Most vehicles produced after Nov. '99 came with the 3 bolt style, and is most noticeable by the large flex connector just past the first flange. 2 bolt styles used a donut gasket without the flex joint.

If you are using these headers on the Vortec (brand) supercharger kit, please special order the MSDS pn HO811 headers, $710.00 per set, which have a special FRONT header for blower clearance

That's it! that's all thats on the site...and when i talked to the guy on the phone HE said a MAX of 40 hp gain! Yet, the site says 30, so believe what you want! And Todras i don't need your insults...i'm just trying to help everyone and myself get some aftermarket products on our cars! Sorry if you don't believe what was said, but that's what i was told! ANYWAY! Please let me know if you are in. I have 30 days from the time i tell him we want in...to the time i need ALL the money! THANKS GUYS! and Email me or PM me with any questions.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 05:15 PM
I can also post a link to this thread over on NECO, if you wouldn't mind cougar owners joining in on your group buy.
Posted By: Dan Nixon_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/20/02 08:30 PM

The headers have shown as much as 30 fwhp increase when combined with a high flow air cleaner and cat back exhaust system, on our '99 Cougar test vehicle.

That's it! that's all thats on the site...and when i talked to the guy on the phone HE said a MAX of 40 hp gain! Yet, the site says 30, so believe what you want!

Just to set the record straight on HP gains..
The 30 HP gain was for both headers + catback & intake. Catback & intake together worth about 10 HP in several CEG dynos. So 20 HP for MSDS headers and Y pipe. Except the dynos were done with 2 different cars, so we really did not have baseline with same car...

Persons here have gained anywhere from 4 HP to 12 HP with the set with pre post dynos. 4 HP maybe a bit underestimated because no A/F tuning done. I think gains of about 8-12 HP for MSDS headers & Y together about right. Maybe more for 3L & S/C applications. And FYI, the MSDS Y-pipe may account for alot of that gain ...it was shown to gain 4 HP over another aftermarket Y.

Not knocking product (as it is a good relatively cost effective mod for us) but I think gains of MUCH less that 30 HP can be expected. Get the price down a bit more and I may think about it..
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/21/02 12:28 AM
Originally posted by contourd:
Is anyone able to get the Zetec Manifolds?? Or will the Focus work??

what he said
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/21/02 03:01 AM
French BLue...I dont' mind AT ALL...Bring them in! The more then better and if we can get more than 15 the price drops! tell Them if they are interest they can Email me at Puckin_around@msn.com OR just send them the link to this page!~!

Dan Nixon, i would love to drop the price but it's not my product to sell...i'm just trying to get the product for myself cheaper than i would have to pay if i bought it alone and let some others in on the deal as well! Sorry man...but if we get about 15 that's the only way it drops!

Ok so far here's who i have interested...
SvTurbo911
RTstabler41
ME
ANd a guy from SVTPerformace.com
......anyone else...??????
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/21/02 05:18 AM
I have had my MSDS Headers for a long time, I have not dyno'ed since adding them. Yes the car does seem to have more power and does seem to reach redline faster. These headers will not add anywhere near 30-40 hp by themselves. I would say more like 10-15 at the wheels. This is just my .02 given my track times before and after installing. They do also add a nice tone to the exhaust note, it is a very pleasant throaty sound

They are much better than just gutting your exisiting manifolds. Once you see a stock manifold and these headers side by side, you will all then wake up and see how restrictive the stockers are. Gutting the cats may be free, but I dont think its worth the effort if your looking to get larger power down the road.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/21/02 01:29 PM
I'm defiantly interested....i'll have to se how my funding is going to be....when do you think we will need the cash?

Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/21/02 01:38 PM
Thanks KnuKoncepts for the input...always helps! And Showtime i'll put you on the list for being interested! Also...i know you got my check for the hood...but did you cash it yet? if you haven't you can! Anyway ANYONE else!!! Let me know if you are interested! THANKS
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/21/02 01:48 PM
how many do you have so far??
Posted By: Jman2000 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/21/02 03:19 PM
How much would it be again?? $575? I have an Injen intake along with Borla cat back split exhaust. How much HP should I expect if I go along with the MSDS headers?? 12-15? Overall hp gains with the intake, exhaust, and headers?? Just wondering, because I would love to complete my air flow on my coug.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/21/02 06:10 PM
The MSDS site claims that with all three (CAT BACK, INTAKE, and HEADERS) you can gain 40MAX HP. YET, some people have said that this is a FAR Fetched #, but you can assume you will get AT LEAST 10-25 with the headers. Hope that answers your questions and check the first few forms, it might answer some questions for you! ALSO As of right now i have 6 people including myself!!! JMAN that's Not including you, so let me know if you want in! THANKS~~~~~
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/21/02 08:39 PM
i'm going to have to think about this.
I am interested in getting these headers, however, I need to make sure I take care of some other things first.
So basically, give me a day or two to plan things out and think about it....I'll get back to you.

Sounds like a good deal.

Later.
Posted By: highgeer_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/21/02 10:42 PM
Are these the same headers that are being included/used on the Street Flight turbo kit? As I recall, Street Flight was originally going to use MSDS, but then designed their own stainless steel headers. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Finally, if they aren't the same, would it be reasonable to assume they both provide comparable performance gains? And will the MSDS be compatible with the Street Flight turbo kit?
Posted By: Jman2000 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/21/02 11:03 PM
Is it really worth gettin headers for me, since I am putting on a body kit and all. Body kit= not driving too fast. But headers are all for performance. Just wondering, cuz I'd love to have them on since I have an intake and exhaust right now, but what do you guys think I should do??
Posted By: highgeer_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/22/02 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Jman2000:
Is it really worth gettin headers for me, since I am putting on a body kit and all. Body kit= not driving too fast. But headers are all for performance. Just wondering, cuz I'd love to have them on since I have an intake and exhaust right now, but what do you guys think I should do??

Form follows function...

But, if you're really concerned more about cosmetics rather than performance, these will do nothing for you as it's pretty damned hard to see headers unless you're looking really close. Why would you want a car that only looks fast, though?
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/22/02 12:53 PM
My $.02

I swapped my Yodude and stock SVT back and forth about 4 times, to see/feel the difference, and in my humble opinion, the exhaust restriction is not found in the back half of the system. I mean the dude flows freely (very) but the gains were just not that noticeable (yeah, I know..the more mods the more gain yada yada yada). I really feel that if you look at the design of the manifolds/pre-cats and stock Y, you can't help but come to the conclusion that they are the major restriction. Even if you mystery-mod the set-up, you still have terrible flow characteristics compared to the headers. And...a good cat-back is anywhere from $340-600. A good Y is $149-249. Add that together, and then compare the cost to the headers which come with a good Y. I think the headers are the smarter buy by far.
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/22/02 03:48 PM
these headers were my most recent mod. I have most of the
bolt ons now...and butt dyno says the headers have made
the biggest improvement. Sounds really cool too. If you
can DIY and save the labour ( I got a mechanic to do mine)
then this mod is a no brainer. Once you see the stock
manifolds up close, the restriction will be very obvious.
My .02. Price wise, you are getting the old price before
the price increase. For the money, it may seem a lot for
3 chunks of steel but go and try and get them fabricated
on a one-off deal and you will get a much higher price
guaranteed.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/22/02 06:57 PM
Thanks guys for all your positive input about the headers! Also guys i receieved a FAX today at my work that i have yet to pick up...but i will post againg once i get home. Also if you have not yet done so...and you are in on this PLEASE Email me you car's YEAR, MAKE, and Catalytic Converters BOLT number...like 2 or 3 bolts. My email again is Puckin_around@msn.com Thank you guys i'm trying to get a FULL list of who we have so that i can see if we have 10 yet to get this thing ROLLING!~! THANKS EVERYONE~!~
Posted By: JasonS_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/23/02 02:47 AM
What time frame are we looking at again? I'd like to have them in a few weeks...if it's possible?
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/23/02 03:51 AM
i want in, but i cant get in RIGHT now... hopefully this'll go into sept and i can get in on it!
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/23/02 03:55 AM
Originally posted by highgeer:
Are these the same headers that are being included/used on the Street Flight turbo kit? As I recall, Street Flight was originally going to use MSDS, but then designed their own stainless steel headers. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Finally, if they aren't the same, would it be reasonable to assume they both provide comparable performance gains? And will the MSDS be compatible with the Street Flight turbo kit?

it would be reasonable to assume, but i havent seen the street flight manifolds yet. They are not the same, the streetflight headers will have a downpipe and turbo attached, additional tubing the msds does not have, since a turbo is driven by exhaust gasses.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/23/02 04:58 AM
~~~UPDATE~~~~
Hey Guys, here's some more info i found out...kinda BAD news...but it doesn't scare me!~!

These HEADERS ARE NOT street legal and are intedned for OFF ROAD use only! But Speeding and street racing is illegal too, but we all do it now and again right?!?! You might want to look around to see if a shop or you yourself can put these babys on! Most shops will do it because they want your business, yet won't give you a recepit so they don't get fined! Also, They will pass MOST under the hood inspections and i've never met a person that has had a problem passing any car with AFTERMARKET illegal headers, most inspectors don't know the difference. IF you are still interested, Please email me with your FULL NAME, car MAKE, YEAR, and CAT. Bolt Numbers.

I just wanted to let you guys know this! Also, the time frame right now...is looking like...well undecided...i have 9 people...but some might drop due to this new news! So we'll see! IF YOU are STILL interested let me know please! Also if you want in on this PLEASE email me with your FULL NAME, car YEAR, MAKE, and CAT. Bolt #! THANKS EVERYONE~~~
Email- Puckin_around@msn.com
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/23/02 01:19 PM
I'm out. I am most likely going the gutted route due to price difference.....I would love these but...
Posted By: OutlawdSVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/23/02 11:37 PM
I'm just being curious. I really want the MSDS headers, but can't come up w/ the $ right now, but hopefully soon. I think it will do wonders to my current set up.
Anyways I went to Sho-Shop site and they are selling the MSDS headers (off-road use only) going for $549. Please set me straight is that really the price cause that is a better savings w/ no G/B. I'm not trying to take away from the G/B so please tell me I'm reading there site wrong. Oh how I would love to get these
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/24/02 03:29 AM
Originally posted by OutlawdSVT:
I'm just being curious. I really want the MSDS headers, but can't come up w/ the $ right now, but hopefully soon. I think it will do wonders to my current set up.
Anyways I went to Sho-Shop site and they are selling the MSDS headers (off-road use only) going for $549. Please set me straight is that really the price cause that is a better savings w/ no G/B. I'm not trying to take away from the G/B so please tell me I'm reading there site wrong. Oh how I would love to get these

i think this price includes the y-pipe. the sho-shop site does not include the y-pipe. you need to buy that seperately. please correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/24/02 06:09 AM
YEs Outlawd, please check for us and see if it includes the Y pipe...cause the Y pipe that comes with the MSDS headers...alone is worth 250-350$ Also i would like to see if we ALL can get a better deal somewhere else...IF it's cheaper....That is if it comes with the Y pipe! THANKS
Posted By: PXRacing Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/25/02 06:13 AM
OK SVTnKC just to let you know it's not "OK maybe we'll get like 10-25hp," I will make this very clear to you being on these boards for nearly 2 years, the MSDS headers alone will not give a 25hp @wheels increase in anyway shape or form. A more realistic set of numbers would be 8-12hp @wheels in all honesty. There can be a bit more had, maybe 15hp but there needs to be some extra adjustments made to fuel delivery via SAFC. I have never come across one person that has gotten anything more than about 12hp from the MSDS as far as I can recall, but saying 10-25hp increase really gives others an unrealistic view of this setup. As was mentioned don't believe everything you read and make sure to put everything you read into context like Dan Nixon has mentioned to you already.

Now MSDS does not sell there units seperately, so if SHO really does sell them for that price it should come with the Y-Pipe as that's the only way MSDS will make them.
Posted By: obicanobi0_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/25/02 11:29 PM
What about jsut getting the headers, I don't need the Y pipe?
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/26/02 12:48 AM
then get them from SHO Shop

Originally posted by obicanobi0:
What about jsut getting the headers, I don't need the Y pipe?
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/26/02 12:56 AM
WOW Tuffness~~~~ WATTSPXR I didn't know you were the car expert...i guess i should have came to you before i even wrote anything...maybe i'll know better next time! Take it easy i'm not trying to MIS-LEAD anyone...this is what i read and what THEY claim, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT! I'm getting these Headers for my own car for my OWN personal bennifit! I'm just trying to get them cheaper and let anyone else in that wants theses things cheaper as well. I'm not claiming these will give you 25HP it's what i read! I'm NO car expert, i have no idea what does what, i just love my car and i'm just trying to do some stuff to it! I'm not trying to mis-lead anyone trying to let them think they are buying a SUPER SET of Headers that will give them the HP of a Supercharger...THIS like i've said before is alllllllll in what MSDS says...you want to tell someone that they are being false in statements, then go to them! We've had people on here claim that when they put the headers are their cars they DID get good HP gains, if you think differently, fine! but i don't need you getting on my case about something i know nothing about! I gave everyone the WEB site and the SITE has MSDS Phone# on it so they can ask MSDS ANY questions they might have or they can ask MSDS about performance gains!...Like the old saying "Don't shoot the messanger!" So take it easy and please keep your negative comments TOWARDS ME to yourself! I'm all about input for these Headers and if yours happens to be negative then fine, but don't say it like i'm promising anything or i'm making and producing these HEADERS, this is ALL RELAYED information!~!

ANYWAY!!! I have 9 people as of right now and i still need EVERYONES Email, FULL NAME, CAR YEAR, MAKE and CAT. Convertor Bold # so please, if you want this deal let me know soon! THANKS

OH and there is no way to cut the price if you don't want the Y PIPE...sorry, that's just they way it comes!~!
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/26/02 03:35 AM
Sho Shop may be selling the Headers with out the Y so you can then buy their Y pipe. If you need a Y-pipe use the MSDS, I have heard better performance gains with the MSDS compared to the SHo Shop's. Also, I will try to get a pic of the stock exhaust manifold next tothe MSDS headers, I think I still have both laying out right now. I think this will demostrate that gutting your pre-cats is just a poor man's waste of time. It is cheap and it may help slightly, but if your gonna break the law, do it right
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/26/02 08:50 PM
are you able to get that pic up?
I would like to see the difference, side by side!
Let us know if you can...Thanks for the help!
Posted By: gabrielito23 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/26/02 10:30 PM
Are the gains with the set of headers really worth the extra money when compared a combination of gutted precats and the sho shop y pipe w/ high flow cat?
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/27/02 04:06 AM
I will have it up tomorrow night, forgot to take my camera to work today

BTW, Anyone see the price of a replacement exhaust manifolds?

1999 | Ford | Contour
Description List Price Your Price Action
Exhaust System, Exhaust Manifold, 2.5L, Right $917.80 $798.49
Exhaust System, Exhaust Manifold, 2.5L, Left $701.69 $610.47

Now, say you gut your precats and fail inspection, now what you gonna buy to fix it?
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/27/02 04:52 AM
Nice call KnuK, i've also head that gutting them doesn't do toooooo much!~! Anywho! Anyone else want in???? EMAIL me or send a private message, i'm going to call the guy tomorrow and let him know we are almost ready and get the FINAL ordering details! THANKS GUYS!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/27/02 05:11 AM
and i JUST had mine replaced...less that 500 miles on them....

Under the 8yr/80k emissions warranty

Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
I will have it up tomorrow night, forgot to take my camera to work today

BTW, Anyone see the price of a replacement exhaust manifolds?

1999 | Ford | Contour
Description List Price Your Price Action
Exhaust System, Exhaust Manifold, 2.5L, Right $917.80 $798.49
Exhaust System, Exhaust Manifold, 2.5L, Left $701.69 $610.47

Now, say you gut your precats and fail inspection, now what you gonna buy to fix it?
Posted By: PXRacing Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/27/02 09:31 AM
WOW Tuffness~~~~ WATTSPXR

If you only KNEW!!!

Now on to more important matters: Since you want to get sarcastic with me, though my comment was only providing you and others simply with more accurate numbers, 'I'll give you the Nitty Gritty!!!'

It was made clear to you by Dan Nixon that those numbers are far fetched, so your response to that, "you can assume you will get at least 10-25hp!" Comeon BRO, that is the most unrealistic/fargetched claim I have come across in a while. I mean I've heard 10-15 or 20-25 but never have I heard 10-25, boy this MSDS unit must be one inconsistently built product to make such an approximation. Now instead of playing guessing games (it's clear you took the site/persons word like a child takes to it's mother, but's obvious you didn't know better) or getting bent out of shape you should have just took it as information. I'm not knocking the product nor you or your intentions, I was simply correcting your comment, making you aware of it. It's great that you want to start a GB on this, just letting you know try to do more research or if and when you're corrected try taking it like a GRAIN of SALT, and by all means don't assume/guess!! Trust me on the Grain of Salt, I use to take peoples comments very personal when I first entered these boards to the point that some got so out of hand with PM's I was ready to fly to the US Mainland and pay them a visit! A few here help me realize that this is the internet and you just need to let these things go so take it from me I know what I'm talking about, Stay cool and don't take things so personal....

Aloha O'e
Posted By: JasonS_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/27/02 02:45 PM
Guess what everyone? They are headers!!! Not worth getting panties wadded up about!!

They will improve horsepower over stock exhaust manifolds.

Geez...if everyone here needs to argue so badly, get married!!

Now, having said that,
I suppose I'll be flamed to death.
Posted By: Dan Nixon_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/27/02 03:33 PM
Originally posted by JasonS:

That is funny. It is "qoute worthy"..
Posted By: gabrielito23 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/27/02 03:59 PM
When will the group buy be over?
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/28/02 04:11 AM
Here are the pics, sorry for the dark background, it seemed like a good idea at the time:

And here is what '01 3L exhaust manifolds look like:

Also, the MSDS headers are much lighter, probably a total of 25-35 pounds when swapping all three peices.
Posted By: PXRacing Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/28/02 06:57 AM
Originally posted by JasonS:
Guess what everyone? They are headers!!! Not worth getting panties wadded up about!!

They will improve horsepower over stock exhaust manifolds.

Now, having said that,
I suppose I'll be flamed to death.

Guess what Jason, they also cost MONEY, and though affordable for what they are, it sure aint no chump change. I know when I spend money like that I'd like to get as accurate info as I can possibly get and so the correction, that's all it is. No worries about my PANTIES getting all wadded up, I'm wearing a Thong!~!!
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/29/02 12:13 AM
Count me in on a set!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/29/02 12:28 AM
does that put us at 10 now?
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/29/02 01:52 AM
SVTnKC I just PMed you. I still need to find out if I have 2 or 3 bolt flange.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/29/02 03:54 AM
Stan750...got your PM and just let me know when you know your bolt #.

RTStable...yes that puts us at 10 BUT i'm still waiting on 2 peoples info and another person checking to see if he will have the funds and said he would let me know by the end of the week! After i hear from him...i'll let you know the #'s!~! Also i called the guys at MSDS and they still haven't called me back...so i'll try them again tomorrow! THANKS EVERYONE FOR BEING PATIENT! But honestly i think this thing has rolled along VERY Quickly!!!

Wattspxr...Thanks for the visual in your thong HAHA anyway...sorry for getting on your case earlier...and i accept you appolygy as well...weither you gave me one or not!

EVERYONE~~ once again thanks and i'll let you know when i know
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 08/29/02 04:49 AM
hey all,

to kill some of the controversy, I found a dyno on the headers with a cat back and an intake system done on a v6 cougar. So, I imagine it would be a little more on the svt's, but about the same on the reg contour v6's. Anyway, here is the link: Dyno

hope this clears some things up!

PS, SVTnKC, I am in if there's room!
Moose
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 08/29/02 01:32 PM
question about them being for "off-road use only"

will they pass emissions inspection if you keep the Cat-converter on?

Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 08/29/02 01:38 PM
Not sure about that, but it will def help upon inspection! I bought a sho-shop high flow cat to go with this system, just in case!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 08/29/02 01:42 PM
Originally posted by showtime:

others have passed with no problem - the last cat should be sufficient enough to pass the emissions with flying colors.

i know people have done that in MA and MA is very strict with their regulations. you should have no problems.
Posted By: Pienstars Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 08/29/02 03:13 PM
First off, i've been on vacation and to my surprise when I got back home I was happy to see this site back up, good work. I noticed someone mentioned that shoshop sells these headers fairly cheap but was unsure if they included the y-pipe. Did anyone find out about this, and if they don't come with the y-pipe will they bolt up to the sho-shop y-pipe? Thanks
they do NOT include ypipe.

Originally posted by Pienstars:
First off, i've been on vacation and to my surprise when I got back home I was happy to see this site back up, good work. I noticed someone mentioned that shoshop sells these headers fairly cheap but was unsure if they included the y-pipe. Did anyone find out about this, and if they don't come with the y-pipe will they bolt up to the sho-shop y-pipe? Thanks
Posted By: Pienstars Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 08/29/02 03:52 PM
Thanks. But will they fit onto the shoshop y-pipe?
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 08/29/02 03:54 PM
Showtime...Yes these are street ILLEGAL...yet i have heard of NO such problems of ANYONE passing emmisions test! they should pass ANY under the hood inspection...they just look like upgraded headers for any other car. Hey man i hope you can get in on this...and i'm still excited about our hoods!!! can't wait

Peinstars...Yes RT's right, the ones at SHO do NOT come with the Y pipe, and the ones you get from MSDS (I"VE HEARD) are MUCH better and the Y pipe that they come with is one of the best as well!

Moose...Thanks for the Dyno, i knew that was there all along, guess i should have posted that up a long time ago!~! AWW well.

EVERYONE...Anyway i'm going to call MSDS again today and try to get someone to talk to! Otherwise i'll just leave a message, that's about as much as i can do as of right now! BUT here's some good new! with MOOSE in that puts us up to 12! EXCELLENT! talk to you guys SOON!
yup

Originally posted by Pienstars:
Thanks. But will they fit onto the shoshop y-pipe?
Guys, how do you figure out your flange bolt setup? I emailed you, SVTnKC, about getting in on the group buy about this as well.

And, in terms of cabin resonation, HOW LOUD WILL IT BE? I'm running the shop y-pipe and the bassani. . .once i added the bassani to the sho y-pipe, it sucks to be in the rear seat of my car, because the whole damn thing resonates when I slow down using my gears. . .I just don't want to make it so piercingly loud, even though i'll be faster, at the expense of driveability, since I'm driving this car for at least 10 more years.

Thanks guys.
Suneil
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 08/29/02 09:29 PM
I like the way mine sounds....especially driving thru my
underground parking at work. Gives ample notice to any
pedestrians. Besides, with the extra power and speed, all
the noise is behind you.

With regards to the flange, I believe if you look under
the car from the driver's side (you need to get your head
under there somehow).. you will see whether you have
two bolts or 1 on the flange at the front of the flex pipe
(where the the y-pipe attaches to the flex pipe.)
Posted By: PA 3L SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 08/29/02 09:39 PM
Originally posted by showtime:

Both paragrpahs below contain information specific to Pennsylvania emissions testing:
They should pass the PA chassis dyno sniffer test, but you should fail the visual inspection, assuming the inspector knows that the stock manifolds contained light-off cats and isn't willing to risk the huge fines for knowingly passing a non-compliant vehicle.

Starting next year, OBD-II cars won't even have to go on the dyno as long as there are no CELs and all of the OBD-II monitors have completed and passed anyway. It'll just be a quick PCM scan and visual inspection. I suspect the new "OBD-II inspection" program will have a greater emphasis on visual inspection.
Posted By: ezsvt Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 08/30/02 02:22 AM
I am working on getting a 98 svt within the next couple of weeks, how long will this group buy run? If I order after the initial orders can I still get the group rate? Definately want these, but I need to make sure everything is squared away with the car first. let me know...thanks
A 98 is a 2 bolt flange right?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 08/30/02 12:33 PM
Originally posted by DanCanuck:
I like the way mine sounds....especially driving thru my
underground parking at work. Gives ample notice to any
pedestrians. Besides, with the extra power and speed, all
the noise is behind you.

LMFAO!

I may be in on this as well. Still waffling between super and turbo...
Posted By: Ralph Grecco_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/30/02 01:50 PM
Hey Guy's what's up? I don't want to rain on the parade or anything but it just seems that we are not getting a discount on these headers. You said that for 10 people the headers would be $575 correct me if I'm wrong. Just to let you know SHO SHOP is selling them for $549. Don't get me wrong I'm interested in the group buy but I would think that we can get them for a lot less.
Posted By: Ralph Grecco_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/30/02 02:03 PM
Nevermind I see now that you've already crossed that path. Sorry maybe I should read everything first before replying. But anyway count me in on the Group buy.
Posted By: chezterr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/30/02 03:12 PM
Hey guys....just figured I would jump in here...

I have had the MSDS headers on my car since February of 2001...I was actually the second person to get the headers, if you count Jason, the owner of the test Cougar, as the first person.

There are other Contour/Cougar owners around (Ive seen some of them post in this thread) that have had the headers for quite a long time as well, and are a good source of information.

Two weeks ago we were doing some dyno testing for our business (DuratecPerformance.com) and we had some extra time. So both Joel (My business partner) and I were able to hop on the dyno to do 3 runs each.

My Mods:

KKM Intake
75mm ProFlow calibrated for 19lb injectors
SVT TB
SVT UIM
SVT LIM
19lb injectors
MSDS Headers and Y-Pipe
CarSound High Flow Cat
2.5" Mandrel bent exhaust with single Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler
Diablo Chip

His Mods:

Injen Intake
75mm ProFlow Housing (stock guts used)
SVT TB
SVT UIM
Diablo Chip

My high HP for all three runs was 162.1hp. This was with my very heavy 18" rims, which I feel cut my HP figures down by at least 10hp. I will find out for sure when we go back to the same dyno in about 1-2 months, and I use my stock 15" rims and tires.

http://www.duratecperformance.com/dynos/cougar.jpg

As you can see, the chip really didnt add anything to the top end, but did help in the low and mid range. Joel's high HP number was around 152hp, so 10 less than me. He had no exhaust work done at the time. He has since ordered a Borla Cat Back and will be installing MSDS headers soon as well. If he can get them on before our next dyno day, then this should be a great test of how much power a full exhaust really does help our engines.

Before the next dyno day I will be installing an extra exhaust bung so they can hook up the wide band O2 sensor more easily. We are also trying to get our hands on a MAFterburner for tuning the A/F ratio with. With my 15" rims on and with tuning, I strongly beleive I will be over 170whp and might even be close to 180whp.. I guess we will all see.

Nikolas
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 08/31/02 11:54 PM
Ralph Grecco & Chknhwk~~~ If you guys want it in i need you to email me with your FULL NAME, car YEAR, MAKE, and MODEL AND your CAT. Convertor Bolt #!~! Also i will need you HOME address's cause i'm sending out info that you need to fill out! THANKS

EZSVT~~~~ yes i'm almost positive that 98 SVT's are 2 bolt, that's what mine and the rest of the 98's that i have listed are...but you might want to check...but i'm almost positive! Also, the info above applies to you as well if you want in!~!

EVERYONE!~~~ The guy at MSDS emailed me and said that he would give me a call on Tuesday, and he was sorry for not calling me this week but he was busy! When i find everything out i will let you know! ALSO, if these 3 new guys join in that will put us around 13-15 guys FOR SURE and if we can get 15 i think i can negotiate with him to get the priced dropped more than said before!~! So i'll let you guys know when i talk to you him and EVERYONE have a good LABOR DAY!!!!!
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/02/02 03:56 AM
For those of you that had questions about the MSDS headers and the turbo kit:

1. We will NOT warranty our turbo kit with any other headers besides ours.

2. If for some reason you where to put a turbo on the other end of these headers they would rust out VERY fast. They have a hard enough time not rusting through under normal circumstances.

3. The turbo headers from Street Flight are shaped the same way as regular headers, except for the Y-pipe that goes up to the turbo, and then the downpipe from the turbo.

If you are even thinking about getting the turbo, save your money. If you are looking for a cheap set of headers just to say you have headers, I say go for it!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/02/02 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
If you are even thinking about getting the turbo, save your money.

now that's an understatement.
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/02/02 04:52 AM
Chris,

thanks for trying to come in here and rain on our parade....
I didn't realize that you were so threatened by the MSDS headers. Cheap, I believe you called them... Boy, that's the guy I want to buy from, someone who puts down another companies product to promote his own.......
Moose
JSUMoose1489, I am sure that the dyno plot you linked to was not put up on their site to help them sell headers. I highly doubt that Chris is nervous that your car with a set of headers on it will perform like a turbo. He was mearly explaining that they wont warranty the turbo kit if you use headers other than theirs (and letting some people know about the build quality of the headers in this group buy)
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/02/02 06:19 AM
MSDS is a pretty darn reputable company, and as long as we're promoting other companies, why would you pay 5k for Hightower's turbo when you can pay 2,500 to 3k for Performance Fords Turbo kit that should be ready any time now.......
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/02/02 07:50 PM
Moose,

I simply answered some questions brought forth by other members. I was not attacking MSDS, nor was I trying to sell our headers.

Do you have a set of these? Have you seen a set on a Contour/Cougar after 12/15k miles on them? Especially a car that has seen northern winter?

Oh, and is Performance Fords making a $2500-3000 kit for the V6?

Mild steel is vastly differant than T321 Stainless steel. Ceramic coating works for just so long.

Disclaimer: These are just opinions generated by someone that doesn't know anything about the damn car
Posted By: MTO Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/02/02 11:17 PM
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
If you are even thinking about getting the turbo, save your money.

now that's an understatement.
please what do you know ???
Turbo is a good way to go..esp if you even thinking about going with the so called S/C thats has caused nothing but problems ..
Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/03/02 12:50 AM
Originally posted by JSUMoose1489:
MSDS is a pretty darn reputable company, and as long as we're promoting other companies, why would you pay 5k for Hightower's turbo when you can pay 2,500 to 3k for Performance Fords Turbo kit that should be ready any time now.......

If your going to promote a company, get the information and a real price for a kit on the SAME engine. They haven't released any information for the V6 much less Dyno graphs, price, and install pics on two vehicles. Get real.

As far as the MSDS headers, I've seen a few people complain about fitment and quality issues, on the old forums. I hope they are better now.
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/03/02 01:23 AM
I talked to Alessandro from Performance fords today, and he told me the Turbo for the Duratec, due out in Dec or Jan will be in the 3k range without the intercooler, and 3.5 k with.....
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/03/02 02:22 AM
Jared-
With respect, what does this have to do with MSDS headers group buy? When both turbo kits are released we can compare them and then talk about their advantages and disadvantages. These kits could be(and most likely are)completely different. Let's have this thread regain direction.
Ok, back to our regular scheduled thread....
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/03/02 02:39 AM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Ok, back to our regular scheduled thread....

exactly.

enough of the thread hijacking - chris answered some questions - let's get back to the msds header group buy...

shall we?

and mark - STFU! j/k
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/03/02 02:43 AM
Nothing personal Chris, but you were COMPLETLY raining in, MOOSE thanks for the stick up, and also Chris, lets try to stay on topic!

Anyway EVERYONE i hope to hear from MSDS on tomorrow and if i don't will give him a call!~! ALSO, just incase, because of some NEGATIVE comments, i'll ask the guy at MSDS about any rusting problems they might have had or fixed! So, i'll make up a new post tomorrow and let eveyone know what i have found out! THANKS everyone for being Patient!~!
Posted By: MTO Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/03/02 02:46 AM
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Ok, back to our regular
and mark - STFU! j/k
thats not being very nice...
there's a bit of discussion over on NECO about opinions on the MSDS headers and such here
The subject of the ceramic coating comes up a couple times as well, and if you scroll down to mastamoon's post, he gives a decent opinion on the more recent ceramic coating vs. the older coating (Marty has apparently changed to a different company to do the ceramic coating).
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/03/02 04:40 AM
Nothing personal Chris, but you were COMPLETLY raining in, MOOSE thanks for the stick up, and also Chris, lets try to stay on topic!

Answering peoples' questions about the MSDS Headers' compatibility was "on topic". Moose-man decided to take the detour.

Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/03/02 04:02 PM
AIGHT ANYWAY , i'm done arguing... it's pointless and i'm to blame too!~!

EVERYONE i want to thank you for sticking with me, and sorry for starting out claming unreasonable #'s, i'm new with cars, i'm young, so i'm NO EXPERT yet, i'm learning as i go!~! And i know when we started this there was LOTS of arguments and it was rediculious, i'm to blame for that for not getting PROPER information BEFORE i started! But, now i have all the info i think needed to answer ANY questions. Also, i did FIND out about that RUSTING problem you guys were talking about! And MSDS IS using a NEW contractors for their coating on the headers and have had GREAT success with it and have made past sales that they had NEW deals and recoating on some defects. So, we have no worries about rusting anytime soon, MSDS claims this is a VERY durable ceramic coating and will last years!

ANYWAY i'm going to talk to MSDS later today, but i wanted to post up this before i went off to class! ****** I need EVERYONE to Email me their ADDRESS and PROPER INFO, so that i can mail you some forms that you need to fill out and send payment back to me! The payments need to be made out to MSDS and if you plan on paying with a credit card, you will be charged a %interest. So, i would wait till you get some $$$ unless the extra $ for the interest doesn't matter to you...doesn't to me!! Anyway guys THANKS and i'll post another one when i get back from class and talk to MSDS! THANKS AGAIN

ill get off my arse today and find out my bolt pattern...

and when will payment be made? and what about turn around time/? not that my car is going anywhere
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/03/02 04:42 PM
PM sent.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/03/02 06:45 PM
All right... HERE"S THE UPDATE~~~~

~ I will be sending you ALL an information sheet if you send me you address...OR I am trying to figure this damn scanner out that i just got and try to post it up so there's NO need to send it to you and you can print it and fill it out as you please!~!Here's the correction! PAYYMENT will NOT be sent to me! They will be sent to MSDS directly, this takes weight off my shoulders to have CORRECT payments and also deal with shipping!~! I was also told today that the ceramic coating on the headers helps keep Engine temp down...which i dont' know if i'm the only one, but i had planned on buying header raps to keep them cool, but with this coating there is no need to!~! Kinda some good news! So once i get your address OR i figure out this scanner i will post up the FORM and you can fill it out and send it in to MSDS! IF we can get all the money and forms in by the end of this month...we are looking at getting them in around MID to END of October!~! THANKS Guys and i'll be getting back at you soon HOPEFULLY to post up the form!~!
If you notice in my pics, they headers are black. I used high temp header paint. The set shown is new, the set on my 00 SVT has been on for almost 12000 miles and they look the exact same way (car is not driven in winter though) If you are worried about rust, paint them. I think MSDS frowns on it, but what can possibly break to require warranty work (assuming you inspect the welds first) And beleive me you do not want to have to unistall them, once they are in, they are in.

As for using a Turbo with them, unless you have the means of making your own downpipe etc, stick with the complete turbo kit.
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/03/02 09:04 PM
PMed ya
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/07/02 05:26 PM
Have you sent any of the papers out yet?
I'm wondering also, do we just call MSDS and tell them we are part of the group buy or????
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/08/02 01:18 AM
No~~~ I'm got a fax order form from them! And i'm waiting on my buddy to show me how to post this form up for you guys to PRINT out and FILL OUT at your OWN conveniance and then you send it in! On the form that i post up, it says on the form, what group buy it is and what not..SO MSDS will know! Sorry i hadn't updated you guys in a while... MY Dog was in the hospital and i had a busy few days at work! So you know how that goes! I'll try to get it posted up by TUES! THANKS GUYS
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/08/02 03:57 PM
Do you have room for one more?

I think I am interested.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/08/02 09:01 PM
Of course...the more the better!~! I also Emailed you back!~! THANKS
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/09/02 12:22 PM
Any update?
I'm dying to get these headers ordered!!!!!
Let us know when you get a chance!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/09/02 10:27 PM
All right i have the form EVERYONE!!!!! BUT!!! i need someone that knows how to post images on here to let me know..so I can Email you the form and you can post the form up for everyone!~! COOL? Excellent! When this gets posted...Get you money in as soon as you can Cause when i called last time, i started the Month that we have to turn in all the money and forms! I'll let EVERYONE know the EXACT date! But just know that you have about 2-3 weeks to get the money and fill the form out and mail it in, because MSDS only has a few in stock, the rest need to made, so he needs some time! THANKS guys, and i'll be waiting on someone to mail me!
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/10/02 12:12 PM
C'mon people we need a hoster!

I want my headers.....mmmmm.....headers
alredy offered, just waiting...
CEG Group Buy 1

All orders must be signed, and received by MSDSinc. By 9/30/02 via U.S Mail by the close of the business day 5:00 pm PST.

This document may be reprinted / filled out / and payment send in by all purchasers.

The MSDS HO810 shorty header / Y-pipe set cost is $575.00 + shipping costs.

Please add $50.00 for the s/c style (HO811), for use on Vortec s/c applications.

Freight charges: This includes insurance, and requires a signature release upon delivery. Packages will not be left on front porches, behind gates, etc. Shipping fees are for Continental U.S only. If we are shipping this elsewhere, please inquire as to the freight fee.

FedEx 3 day $57.00, FedEx 5 Day / Ground $27.00, all transit times are in business days/ not weekends or holidays.

MSDS Order Form

BTW Eric, I tweaked it a bit. I thought it looked sloppy / confusing.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/10/02 08:01 PM
CEG Group Buy 1 All orders must be signed, and received by MSDSinc. By 9/30/02 via U.S Mail by the close of the business day 5:00 pm PST.

Attn. ERIC G. / Chairperson for group

This document may be reprinted / filled out / and payment send in by all purchasers.

The MSDS HO810 shorty header / Y-pipe set cost is $575.00 + shipping costs.

Please add $50.00 for the s/c style (HO811), for use on Vortec s/c applications.

Freight charges: This includes insurance, and requires a signature release upon delivery. Packages will not be left on front porches, behind gates, etc. Shipping fees are for Continental U.S only. If we are shipping this elsewhere, please inquire as to the freight fee.

FedEx 3 day $57.00, FedEx 5 Day / Ground $27.00, all transit times are in business days/ not weekends or holidays.

Payment method: Cashiers Check / Money order

Visa or MC please add 4.5% to total of order, this is due to our Bank Surcharge on all credit card transactions.

All California residents please add 8% sales tax to the GOODS total only.

Is using the about charge cards please indicate Account # - - - and Expiration date #

Name as it appears on card, including middle initial:

Name of person ordering, must be the same as on the card:

Physical Street Adress (Shipping/Billing), including apt. #, must be the same as on the card:

Daytime Tel # ( ) and Email contact:

My car is a: Cougar Contour Mystique

Year: MTX: ATX:

My Vehicle has a: 2 bolt 3 bolt OE Catalytic Converter
If not sure, please read data at the www.msdsinc.com site ( header section ), or have a mechanic verify this. Our Y-pipe will only bolt up to an OE converter…if yours is custom made it will require a custom fit.

This group buy requires a special factory build designation “ CEG 1” this order is scheduled for 09/02 production mfg. Shipping scheduled for 10/02 END.

MSDS, INC.
1502 Gardena Ave.
Glendale, CA 91204
518/507-6937 FX 818/507-0277

Please Note: if using a credit card fort his order, your account will be billed while the goods are being manufactured and NOT at the shipping date. This order is non-cancelable, please be 100% sure that you have an installer lined up, and that you understand the term “ For off road and Racing purposes only “ , PRIOR to purchasing this upgrade product.

All legal statements regarding this product and its use can be found at www.msdsinc.com please click on Product Overview section and review this data.

My order is as follows :

Goods $

CC Surcharge (if any) $

Freight/ins $

Ca. Sales tax (if any) $

Total enclosed $

Please send to : MSDS inc. 1502 Gardena Ave. Glendale CA. 91204 U.S.A

The crew at MSDS inc. says “Thanks for using our Duratec upgrade products”!

MSDS, INC.
1502 Gardena Ave.
Glendale, CA 91204
518/507-6937 FX 818/507-0277

This needs to be PRINTED OUT and FILLED out BY EVERYONE that wants in on this group buy, The instuctions are pretty self explanitory! SO everyone get that in and we will have ourself a new set of headers!~!!!!! EMMM headres THANKS EVERYONE! Also make sure you get your money and form in by the ending date!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/10/02 08:03 PM
I'm retarded ...Thanks RYAN! i get what you did...but i just didn't realize it till i already posted it! THANKS FOR THE HELP !!! Can't wait to get these babies IN!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/10/02 09:28 PM
Got it.

Nice work gentlemen.
Posted By: jreat Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/10/02 10:33 PM
Damn, I want, but I can only use a credit car but it adds $25 ... do'h

Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/10/02 11:07 PM
ok I just want to make sure I have everything correct thus far:

My order is as follows:

Goods $ 575.00

CC Surcharge (if any) $ 27.09 [.045*(575+27)]

Freight/ins $ 27.00 [UPS 5 Day]

Ca. Sales tax (if any) $ 0.00

Total enclosed $ 629.09

...and if I feel like stopping at the bank, then the post office for the MO we have:

$575.00 + $27.00 = $602.00

look OK??
don't forget bolt pattern 2 or 3 bolts.
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/11/02 01:14 AM
Got mine filled out!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! Dyno Results - 09/11/02 04:10 AM
YEAYEA Everyone don't forget to put in your bolt pattern!!!!!!!!! and i think (key word THINK)we are going to have more that 15...So if we do, MSDS will drop some of the shipping charges. THANKS EVERYONE!

TOMORROW~~~ Everyone be Safe!!! BE THANKFUL! And STAND TALL AND PROUD!!! WE ARE AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: tgrimes Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/11/02 04:04 PM
~~~UPDATE~~~~
Hey Guys, here's some more info i found out...kinda BAD news...but it doesn't scare me!~!

These HEADERS ARE NOT street legal and are intedned for OFF ROAD use only! But Speeding and street racing is illegal too, but we all do it now and again right?!?! You might want to look around to see if a shop or you yourself can put these babys on! Most shops will do it because they want your business, yet won't give you a recepit so they don't get fined! Also, They will pass MOST under the hood inspections and i've never met a person that has had a problem passing any car with AFTERMARKET illegal headers, most inspectors don't know the difference. IF you are still interested, Please email me with your FULL NAME, car MAKE, YEAR, and CAT. Bolt Numbers.

I just wanted to let you guys know this! Also, the time frame right now...is looking like...well undecided...i have 9 people...but some might drop due to this new news! So we'll see! IF YOU are STILL interested let me know please! Also if you want in on this PLEASE email me with your FULL NAME, car YEAR, MAKE, and CAT. Bolt #! THANKS EVERYONE~~~
Email- Puckin_around@msn.com

I live in St. Louis where we have the FED's sniffing our tail pipes. I would love to put these hedders on the car, but I am worried that it will not pass the inspection. I know a lot of people will bolt their old $hit on to pass the inspections, and then remove it once the inspections over, but I think that's a little shady.

So if anyone in California or somewhere they have tailpipe sniffer could drop me a line, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/12/02 03:38 AM
don't worry be, be happy. Get the headers, worry about emissions later.....besides, the main cat is the one that
matters. screw Kyoto!
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/12/02 05:28 AM
You'll pay in St. Louis. I passed in NJ with the Roush headers and only my main (secondary) cat. We have a 25mph rolling test with a sniffer in the pipe. Passed with flying colors and I barely let the main cat warm up.
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/12/02 11:39 AM
Is anyone planning on buying or making MIL simulators?
I don't really want a perma-CEL.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/12/02 02:04 PM
they are included with the headers
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/12/02 05:13 PM
right...good
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/17/02 01:21 AM
Just wondering if anyone has sent there's out yet?!?! Stan700rr and Myself the only so far??? Just wondering, Let me know everyone~~~ THANKS GUYS~

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/17/02 02:05 AM
When was everything due by again? I didn't see that thing on the CC surcharge the first time and now I don't want to use that! LOL
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/17/02 11:19 AM
mine went in last week
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/18/02 12:24 AM
I'll send mine in tomorrow.I only had it filled out the first day but have been procrastanating(sp). for no good reason at all.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/18/02 05:13 AM
GOOD Deal guys...everyone else...Get that crap in~ I want to see if we get enough people in to drop some shipping charges. Also chknhwk, this mean you're not going to go through...just wondering. Let me know~ THANKS
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/18/02 03:03 PM
GOOD Deal guys...everyone else...Get that crap in~ I want to see if we get enough people in to drop some shipping charges. Also chknhwk, this mean you're not going to go through...just wondering. Let me know~ THANKS

No, no, no, I didn't say that! Just trying to decide whether I want take a hit on the CC surcharge or a hit on a cash advance to buy a money order.... I guess taking the surcharge would still be cheaper, huh?
When is it due by cause I'd like to make one more payment on my CC...
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/18/02 08:36 PM
Originally posted by chknhwk:
When is it due by cause I'd like to make one more payment on my CC...

Sept.30 @ 5pm PST
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/18/02 09:00 PM
Thanks!!
Posted By: Keith Lennop_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/18/02 09:01 PM
I really wish that I could get in on this, however I am still very uncertain on the quality of the header/y-pipe if I ever decide to drive my tour in the winter months. I have seen pictures in the past of peoples on NECO that have damn near rusted right through from salt, etc. I guess that is why I am so uncertain on this. I am going to do a little more research.....
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/19/02 02:49 AM
Marty from MSDS has chosen a different ceramic coating process for these, more recent sets. The ones that you saw were most likely from the original process which is expected to be improved upon. It was a concern of mine too, but from what I've heard I'm confident these will last.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/19/02 05:24 AM
Yes good call cathode...ALSO Marty at MSDS provides a warranty and also, being a good busniess man is taking back headers systems that are PAST warranty and redoing them! He doesn't want dis-satisfied customers, also he want's them and everyone else to know that he has quality products that we all can depend on! ~!!!! Hope that helps your decision making out!~! And if you do want in...FEEL Free to fill a form out and mail it in with your money! Just make sure it's by the 30th!!!!
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/19/02 03:26 PM
ok...I was just looking at some pics of the headers/y pipe setup and realized that the high-flow cat currently on the car which is part of the Sho Shop Y pipe can't be reused, obviously, and the headers are made to be a straight bolt-on right? so that means I'll have to go back to using the stock main cat in between the MSDS headers/y-pipe and my Borla...correct?

I'm just trying to get the installation straight in my head. I'll be going from SHO SHOP Y-pipe w/ cat & Borla to the MSDS headers/y-pipe & Borla. The main difference being that the MSDS y pipe consists of merely the down pipes from the headers that go down to the where the stock cat would be...there will be a gap from there to the exhaust. I'm thinking as I'm writing here. So I need to make sure I still have that stock main cat sitting around or I'm in trouble.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/19/02 03:32 PM
Ummmmmmm right ...I got lost in all that you said ! But i'm pretty sure i got it! And i think you might want to call MSDS about that and check, cause maybe you will still be able to use your Borla Cat! I don't know~? 518-507-027 There's the # to call and ask for Marty~
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/19/02 03:46 PM
yeah - and let us know when you find if you don't mind please.

I would like to know - since I currently have the SHO-Ypipe and Borla combo.
If I need to, I'll have to order a high flo cat..
Later!
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/19/02 03:47 PM
a little confusing... I know.

what it boils down to is that the MSDS "y pipe" consists of merely piping, whereas the sho shop y-pipe includes a catalytic converter and a flex pipe and extends all the way back to the where the "cat-back" exhaust begins. A direct swap is not possible, the stock main cat will have to go back in to connect the MSDS "y-pipe" and the exhaust.

notice where the "y-pipe" stops

and SHO SHOP's y-pipe
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/19/02 03:57 PM
You do not want to use the MSDS headers in conjunction with the SHO y-pipe.
a) it voids the MSDS warranty
b) it sounds terrible (at least when I had MSDS->SHO y pipe-Bassani)
c) MSDS y-pipe (IIRC) provides more HP

Anyone getting the MSDS should seriously consider getting them jet coated. I know the "revised" coating is suppposed to be better, but I know there are a couple people with the "revised" coating that are seeing signs of rust:

MSDS "revised" coating rust pics.
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/19/02 04:06 PM
I agree with the first part, I intend on removing the SS y-pipe and either sticking the stock Cat back in or coming up with some other solution. Don't want to void that warranty then I'd really be up the creek if they do rust.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/23/02 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Cathode:
I agree with the first part, I intend on removing the SS y-pipe and either sticking the stock Cat back in or coming up with some other solution. Don't want to void that warranty then I'd really be up the creek if they do rust.

would getting a CATCO High Flo Cat work?
I currently have the Sho Shop Y-Pipe installed....and so I need to make sure I get everything that is needed.

And - how is everyone doing with placing their orders?!?!
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/23/02 04:15 PM
only a cat won't solve the problem...it has to:
a) be the correct length
b) have a flange on either end

that's why sticking the stock unit back in would work fine. I'm assuming most people with the headers have that setup
(headers/y-pipe-->stock cat-->cat back exhaust).

I'm not sure what I'm going to do either, I just checked this weekend and it looks like I junked the stock cat when I installed the SHO SHOP Y....shucks

Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/24/02 03:38 PM
Hey GUYS, it's getting about that time where everyone needs to send in there orders and money! You have a few more days, but we need to get them in by the end of the week! If some of you are waiting till payday this friday thats cool, but get it in ASAP! i called Marty at MSDS and as of like 4 days ago, he had 4 in...so get moving fellas! Can't wait to get these bad boys though!!!
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/25/02 03:54 AM
That was $625 for the supercharger spec headers, right?
Posted By: AirKnight Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/25/02 09:49 PM
I sent you an e-mail. Can I still get in on this?
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/25/02 10:35 PM
I'm still trying to get in on this...grrr...damn paycheck dates are cooperating
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/26/02 02:38 AM
Originally posted by AirKnight:
I sent you an e-mail. Can I still get in on this?

Yes just print the form on page 11 Fill it out and fax it to them.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/26/02 04:19 AM
Sure is~ ~ ~ Get that crap in!
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/27/02 12:29 AM
SVTnKC can you post up or PM me with a contact #?I tried calling to confirm my order that I faxed to them.The first # does not work and the second # is fax/voicemail. Thanks Stan
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/27/02 12:54 AM
from www.msdsinc.com

Phone: 818-50-POWER (818-507-6937)
Fax: 818/507-0277
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/27/02 04:39 AM
Yes thanks for posting that~ EVERYONE that has sent in order sheets and money needs to contact MARTY at one of these places 818-507-6937 M-F 10:30 am--8:00pm or MDM810@aol.com ~~~~ THANKS~~~~~ He wants to make sure alll the money and forms you guys have sent, he has recieved so they can start production~!!! THANKS AGAIN~
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/27/02 02:53 PM
Email sent.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/27/02 03:21 PM
good man~
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/27/02 03:40 PM
just got off the phone with Marty.
I'm now "confirmed"

He also said he's looking at getting the product out of the doors by the end of October.

Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/30/02 02:42 AM
Yes thanks for posting that~ EVERYONE that has sent in order sheets and money needs to contact MARTY at one of these places 818-507-6937 M-F 10:30 am--8:00pm or MDM810@aol.com ~~~~ THANKS~~~~~ He wants to make sure alll the money and forms you guys have sent, he has recieved so they can start production~!!! THANKS AGAIN~

Thanks Bro
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/30/02 02:52 AM
Originally posted by stan750rr:

Thanks Bro

Yes, thank YOU for setting this up!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 09/30/02 05:47 AM
Anytime fellas~ Thanks for getting in on the GB!~! Hope everyones happy with their new mods~!~ Can't wait to get mine~!~!~!~ Keep in touch~
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/01/02 12:06 AM
Got my order confirmed today
Posted By: musicnut_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/01/02 05:19 PM
Has anybody confirmed w/Marty at MSDS that we have the required 10 orders for this group buy?
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/01/02 07:58 PM
Just FYI - MSDS is giving me the run-around on my rusted out headers/y-pipe.

Thought I should let you guys know.
Posted By: musicnut_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/24/02 06:19 PM
Has anybody heard from MSDS? When I called to confirm my order I was told they would ship the third week of October. Has anybody received their headers yet?
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/24/02 07:09 PM
Originally posted by musicnut:
Has anybody heard from MSDS? When I called to confirm my order I was told they would ship the third week of October. Has anybody received their headers yet?
I was told a while back that it would ship by the END of October.....

I just got off the phone with him and he said that he's on target - they will be out of his place en route to our place by the end of october.

almost there guys!!!
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/25/02 09:01 PM
I hope they come in soon.I just got my CC statement today.I'm debating if I should sell them or install them.I just bought a house and could use the money for furniture and stuff.I'll just put them on the car.
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/25/02 11:13 PM
you'll have way more enjoyment sitting in your car with
your headers installed then sitting in the house on furniture........might be a tougher sell for the wife though
Posted By: mada_01 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/27/02 08:11 PM
Well, the end of october is comming very quickly and I still haven't heard anything from MSDS , so I was wondering if anyone has a more exact date on the delivery. Also, does anyone have a dyno sheet(before and after) with the headers on? Thanks

Mada
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/27/02 10:21 PM
Originally posted by DanCanuck:
might be a tougher sell for the wife though

I'm not married
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/28/02 03:21 AM
HERE YOU GO BUD~~~ here's a DYNO sheet

DYNO SHEET
Posted By: mada_01 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/28/02 05:15 AM
Yeah, I've seen that one, but I wasn't sure of the accuracy, they are going ot show the best possible results they can, so I was wondering if anyone had a sheet of their own that they could post so I could see how big the increase is on someone elses car. Thanks though
Posted By: 98c70turbo Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/29/02 05:57 AM
Here ya go mada Chris Wong 95 se dyno with msds headers from the gta contour group Here is Zach Stewart 98.5 svt dyno Hope you guys dont mind me posting these dynos for others thanks!
Posted By: Kobalt Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/29/02 02:20 PM
someone told me i might loose torque if i get these headers...is that true?
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/29/02 03:13 PM
check out the dyno ;-)

Originally posted by Kobalt:
someone told me i might loose torque if i get these headers...is that true?
Posted By: onosway Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/29/02 07:30 PM
can i still get in on this buy? too many pages to read through
Posted By: onosway Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/29/02 07:30 PM
email me SVT@nyceboicreations.com
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/30/02 01:42 AM
Originally posted by nyceboi:
can i still get in on this buy? too many pages to read through

Nope, But if I put mine up for sale I can let you know.By the way you would be second in line if I decide to sell them.
Posted By: mada_01 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/31/02 03:01 PM
Thanks for the dyno's schmelby, is anyone getting as impatient as I am to get these headers?? I would really like to get them on, and try em out, before I put the car away for the winter
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 10/31/02 07:13 PM
Originally posted by mada_01:
Thanks for the dyno's schmelby, is anyone getting as impatient as I am to get these headers?? I would really like to get them on, and try em out, before I put the car away for the winter

i hear ya....i'm just wanting to rid my car of the sho-shop y-pipe mainly.....can't wait to get these babies!!!!!!
Posted By: 98c70turbo Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/01/02 04:51 AM
no problem mada!! I also would like to see how your car does with the headers tooo!!!
Posted By: musicnut_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/04/02 06:50 PM
I received a letter and a receipt today from MSDS. I will receive my headers sometime between now and Mon the 11th. I am surprise that with all of the interest in this group buy that in the end only nine people participated. I am pleased that he still gave us the stated price for a minimum order of 10. I can't wait to get them Jet Hot coated and installed.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/04/02 07:08 PM
i hear ya.....there sounded like there were a lot of people interested....

anyway - where are you getting the jet-coating done. so far i haven't found a place that is "reasonable" in pricing....

let me know if you know any good places that you may suggest.

later!
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/05/02 01:35 AM
Originally posted by shaun95gt:
Here ya go mada Chris Wong 95 se dyno with msds headers from the gta contour group ......... Hope you guys dont mind me posting these dynos for others thanks!

Not a problem. You have our blessing. However, here is the before and after install of the headers on my SE. The previous data was MSDS headers dyno plots only

The following graph (same as in a previous post) was the difference between the MSDS y-pipe and a y-pipe that removed the 180 bend in the rear.

The numbers may show slightly different compared to the previous graphs, as each of the dynojet viewers rounds off or corrects the values a little bit differently.
Posted By: musicnut_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/05/02 02:43 AM
All coating seems to be fairly expensive. I am going to
send mine to Jet-Hot. $179 for the headers, $18 pet foot
for the y pipe and approx $25 for shipping. Total cost
approx $260. I am going to do this for heat control and
longevity. This is expensive but my car only has 42,000 miles and I want to keep it for at l00,000 miles. So I am rationalizing the expense of the jet coating as an
investment. This is the best arguement I can think of to
convince myself to do the coating.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/05/02 03:26 AM
Originally posted by musicnut:
All coating seems to be fairly expensive. I am going to
send mine to Jet-Hot. $179 for the headers, $18 pet foot
for the y pipe and approx $25 for shipping. Total cost
approx $260. I am going to do this for heat control and
longevity. This is expensive but my car only has 42,000 miles and I want to keep it for at l00,000 miles. So I am rationalizing the expense of the jet coating as an
investment. This is the best arguement I can think of to
convince myself to do the coating.

sounds EXACTLy like the discussion I had with some fellow NE-CEG'ers....i'm just trying to justify spending that money.....i think I will get them done....I was looking at Jet-Hot as well.

Oh well....its only money.... lol!!
Posted By: Cathode Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/05/02 01:26 PM
I received my letter from MSDS this past weekend. Did you guys see that sticker? I got a kick out of it.

"V-Tec smoked by Duratec"

That was a nice little surprise...
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/06/02 12:51 AM
I got the reciept and sticker the other day also. If anyone wants to get them coated,I think chris in th NE forums had his done for $75. bucks. I'll try to PM him and get the details.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/06/02 02:03 AM
never got the letter....

BUT I GOT THE HEADERS ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/06/02 03:30 AM

Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/07/02 03:25 AM
I should have mine thurs. or fri.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/07/02 03:45 AM
here's something funny....

I got the letter in today! a day AFTER the headers came in! lol
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/07/02 11:29 PM
Got mine today
Posted By: 98c70turbo Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/08/02 04:26 AM
Mada_01 got his a week ago and is trying to get them on his cougar, but having problems with the rear(tight space).
Posted By: onosway Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/08/02 05:04 AM
Possible another GB can go on in December?
Posted By: 98c70turbo Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/09/02 08:36 AM
hopefully, damn they are nice, mada got the rear on, just an hour ago, man gotta get some headers now, I'm kinda sold on them.
Posted By: mada_01 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/09/02 08:55 AM
Yup, my headers are installed and they ROCK!!!!!!!!!! Thanks shaun95gt for helping with the install, it took a while but its totally worth it!!!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 11/11/02 08:09 PM
Hope everyone is liking their HEADERS!~~~~~!
Posted By: Eddie Weber_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 02/08/03 01:23 AM
I would be interested, but I need them in 6 weeks, will that work.

Thanks Eddie
Posted By: 1qwkpny_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 02/08/03 07:14 AM
Is there going to be another Group Buy? If so count me in. My '98 SVT Contour really needs them.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 02/08/03 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Eddie Weber:
I would be interested, but I need them in 6 weeks, will that work.

Thanks Eddie

You two just missed out on the latest group buy, call MSDS and see if Marty will give you guys a price, since the latest GB didn't fair as well.

Link for last MSDS GB, click here

BTW, I got a set outside of the GB, they're awesome! They work really well on my new 3.0!

Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! - 02/08/03 05:18 PM
wow...talk about diggin up an oldie
© CEG Archives