Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: showtime_dup1 CF hood group buy - 08/19/02 02:18 PM
no new news, just waiting on the payments.

i need email address form these 3 people
I'm making up an email distribution list to keep in touch with everyone, but i don't have emails for these 3 people.

Jeff Spratt â??Kool Aidâ?

â??MValen8023â?

Jon Cornelius â??Ry0077â?

if your one of these people plese send me an email at jmayhew@fas.pitt.edu so i can put on the distribution lsit.

thanks

Posted By: thepakrat Re: CF hood group buy - 08/19/02 06:05 PM
Hey Showtime...

Sent your payment, just confirming that you recieved it... Let me know.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/19/02 08:07 PM
josh,

I got your payment..thanks
Posted By: onosway Re: CF hood group buy - 08/19/02 10:31 PM
hit me back with an e-mail.. i think i was number 16 on your list. I'm still interested but forgot the price and if there was a scoop option or whatever. Let me know.. email in sig.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/20/02 01:28 PM
Eric,

I got you message, sorry i missed you call...I was doing a lot of work around the house yesterday ...I have family coming into town this weekend.

Everything is on schedule. for the Sept. overseas shipment. If i had to guess i'd say we're looking at getting them early Oct.

Posted By: contourd_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/20/02 03:53 PM
Do you have any pictures of a Pre-98 with it on???
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/20/02 07:36 PM
this is for 98+ only and I'm not trying to recruit any new people....the group buy is CLOSED

i thread is just here for the people that are a part of this buy.
Posted By: contourd_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/20/02 07:40 PM
I wasn't trying to be recruited... I was just asking... Didn't know the group buy was closed I thought this was the Carbon Fibre hood any year topic. SORRY.
Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: CF hood group buy - 08/21/02 01:47 AM
Hey sorry about the leave of absence but I was real busy at work. My email is ry0077@yahoo.com. Where do I send the money? Showtime....
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/21/02 05:26 AM
Hey showtime I'm back from cali, how is everyone?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/21/02 01:16 PM
glad to see you back sergey...hope you had a good time.
no much going one...just collecting the payments.

I have family coming into town this weekend (tues-mon)
and then I'm going home to NJ for Labor day weekend.
so I'm gonna be pretty busy the next two weeks.
Posted By: svtsoboss Re: CF hood group buy - 08/22/02 12:24 AM
hey i was wondering if you still have me on your list. i talked to you about two weeks before CEG went down. iam sicksvt jerrold from new mexico. i sent the money off to you...let me know if you still have me on the list.... thanks jay. sick svt
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/22/02 04:07 AM
Showtime sounds good, have fun and keep us posted.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/23/02 04:59 AM
Hey Showtime~~~ Just seeing how things were rolling! I saw you're interested in MY Group buy now eh?! Sweet man Hopefully we can get this thing rolling! Check my post i have so new info updated for everyone~ LATA
Posted By: gabrielito23 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/23/02 01:58 PM
Do you know if any hoods have been completed yet?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/26/02 02:04 PM
Originally posted by gabrielito23:
Do you know if any hoods have been completed yet?

the mold is made, and the a demo is made.
I was told it will only take a couple of day to make our order once i pay the $3000 deposit.
still waiting a a few more payments, then i will pay the $3000..they will make the hoods, ship them to the Miami, then i will pay off the balance and they will ship them to me.

Posted By: hydro Re: CF hood group buy - 08/26/02 03:44 PM
if i sent a payment in, could i still get one of the hoods?
Posted By: zts4u2nv Re: CF hood group buy - 08/26/02 04:34 PM
I would also like to get into this I have the money right now. would even pay more to get in if I had to. Please let me know. Thanks, Jason
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/26/02 06:21 PM
SHIBBY!!!!!!! I can't wait man!~! HEY you still didn't tell me if you wanted in on my group buy Jeremey>???? let me know!~! LATA
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/26/02 11:50 PM
What groop buy are you having?
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/27/02 04:58 AM
I'm having a Group Buy for HEADERS! Read the post i put up under the Group buy section, it's labled HEADERS! Read up and let me know if you want in! THANKS~~~
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/27/02 05:43 PM
I'm in as long as I can wait until mid-end of Sept. to pay.

for everyone that keeps asking to join this group buy:

AS OF NOW ITS CLOSED!

if anything changes and we get an opening spot i will let you know.
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/27/02 10:07 PM
Nice, but I don't have the money right now. Maybe later.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/28/02 04:22 AM
So when are we lookin to pick up these bad boys? I'm totally psyched!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/28/02 07:04 AM
As of now, is there any extras left showtime?
Posted By: thepakrat Re: CF hood group buy - 08/28/02 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Hector:

In reply to:

AS OF NOW ITS CLOSED!

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/28/02 11:40 AM
Originally posted by thepakrat:
Originally posted by Hector:

In reply to:

AS OF NOW ITS CLOSED!

I was asking if there was any extra hoods or if there was going to be any.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/28/02 01:34 PM
as of now....no extras...i'll let you know if that changes
Posted By: gabrielito23 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/30/02 02:28 AM
Can you update the GB list.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 08/30/02 04:04 PM
Jeremy,
Could you give us all an update? I sent my check out weeks ago and haven't heard from you about when things will get shipped out, etc.

Suneil
Posted By: nick10_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/03/02 07:17 AM
Whats the price without the group buy? any pics yet?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/03/02 01:27 PM
there are no original cost or pics because we are the first group to get them...thats why it took so long because we had to get a mold made for our hoods.

the update is...I'm waiting.

I recieved 6 or 7 payments.(i'll double check tonight)
still need a few more to pay the $3000.
if i don't get it by next weekend, i should have some extra money by then and i'll use my money and then those other people will have to pay me back.

I have to pay an initial $3000 so they will make the batch (takes about 3 days) and ship to Miami. then I will pay off the balance which will be around $2500-$3000 and then they will be shipped to me.

so...if i've recieved 7 payment ..that's $2240
there are still 11 people that haven't payed.
as long as i can get 2 or 3 more so i can pay the first $3000 that will be good, so at least things can get rolling...i'll worry about the balance after we get past this.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/03/02 02:46 PM
Man Jermey get on these guys @$$'s i want to get this thing done! You guys that haven't paid Jeremy yet! COME ON! it's been like 5 months for you to get 350$ together ...let's go! Anyway, Thanks for the update Showtime, let us know if you recieve any more payments! THANKS~ Also, if you have any people back out...and no-one else wants in, i'll buy a second one! COOL?!? K LATA~
Posted By: brian8064_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/03/02 06:00 PM
Why not have some sort of first to pay first to recieve thing start..Theres always going to be people backing out and from the looks of it more people are trying to get in..I would make a deadline for the payments until you open it up for new people to join in...just a suggestion
Posted By: zts4u2nv Re: CF hood group buy - 09/03/02 07:54 PM
Like me, I didn't get in the group buy. But I would like to get this hood and I do have the money for it right now. Please let me know if I could get in on this.
Posted By: gene420_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/03/02 08:26 PM
hey showtime i have $350 burning a hole in my pocket if they don't want it
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/03/02 11:03 PM
This is YOUR GB Showtime...but i kinda agree with these guys....YOU SNOOZE you LOOZE! Give these guys a dealine and say, send the payment or get dropped, you've got eagar people waiting! Anyway i'm not trying to tell you what to do and I don't mind waiting...i've already payed!~ So, i'm just chillin...but getting these soon would be nice! TAKE it easy!
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/04/02 01:23 AM
Hey man they have a good point, but it is up to you, How was your get away?
Posted By: onosway Re: CF hood group buy - 09/04/02 03:16 AM
i need hood

torch the slackers!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/04/02 02:15 PM
what i plan on doing is this:
buy the end of next week or begining of the week after i should be getting a decent cunck of money for my college graduation present.
What i'm going to do is take the money that you guys have paid me..aprox $2200 cover that extra $800 or so dollars so i can pay the first $3000 to get the hood shipped to the states.

once the company in miami has the hoods and wants the balance paid off so they can ship them to me, i'm going to set a deadline.
if the remaining people still haven't paid, i'm going to have to send back their $95(which i was hoping to avoid)
and take new people at $415 per hood...which is what everyone paid ($95+$320)

hope this makes sense.

depending on how much coin i get for graduation i might pay off the entire order so i get get this done with, but then everyone is going to owe me...and i just don't want to end up loosing money on this buy.

So the ball will be rolling no later then late next week.

I understand that all of you want this to speed up, but i don't want to be a dick and cut people out, but if it gets to that i just might have to.

Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/04/02 03:24 PM
Jeremy,
That's really cool of you to put yourself out like that, but COME ON GUYS, I think it's really dickish of the people that committed and are circling the drain to make a student use his GRADUATION money for our group buy, just so things can get done faster. People, get your act together and send him the remaining money so no one else has to be inconvenienved anymore, especially Jeremy.

Suneil
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/04/02 10:01 PM
Showtime I got your email today good move.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/04/02 11:00 PM
I know I'm not in this group buy and probably should keep my mouth shut, but come on guys....live up to your word....There have been WAY too many group buys like this where the guy who sets it all up has to worry about chasing you guys down for the money.

If you wanted in before and said you were in - he took your word for it. Don't screw around.....get it done.

i've got the flame suit on so go ahead.....this is just my opinion and I hope it doesn't come down to showtime using his graduation money to get this done.

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/05/02 05:06 AM
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
I know I'm not in this group buy and probably should keep my mouth shut, but come on guys....live up to your word....There have been WAY too many group buys like this where the guy who sets it all up has to worry about chasing you guys down for the money.

If you wanted in before and said you were in - he took your word for it. Don't screw around.....get it done.

i've got the flame suit on so go ahead.....this is just my opinion and I hope it doesn't come down to showtime using his graduation money to get this done.

Honestly, I agree. Sort of. LOL Many group buys end up dying off, but not for reasons most people suspect. Right now I'm overloaded with paying off a Bnoon block, this CF hood buy and I just joined the MSDS header GB. Sometimes people just spread themselves too far, like creamy peanut butter.

Know what? It's just best if you own up to it. Let us know if you're just too taxed right now (we all are) so we can plan accordingly. It's ok.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/05/02 01:22 PM
Guys...good news the email worked.

I got a few responses back...enough to pay the first $3000
the check should be in the mail in a few days, so by the end of next week we should be good.

Hopefully everyone will get in touch with me and get the money together

So to all you guys who have paid...thanks..and by the end of next week hopefully i'll have all the money/checks to pay for the first $3000.
I'll have to wait a few days for the checks to clear, but that routine.
I'll let everyone know once i've paid the first $3000

Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/05/02 03:08 PM
YEA YEA YEA Thats what i'm talking about!!!~!!! Glad you didn't have to front the money SHOWTIME~ ANYWAY!!~~ i'm Excited now and i'll be waiting!~!
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/05/02 09:05 PM
See the only thing you have to do is push a bit, and it works.
Posted By: Kool Aid_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/08/02 03:00 AM
Yo I need your address to send the money to you.I been out of the mix for awhile Showtime I need your address and How much Let me know svt41574@aol.com
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/09/02 01:20 PM
Originally posted by kool aid:
Yo I need your address to send the money to you.I been out of the mix for awhile Showtime I need your address and How much Let me know svt41574@aol.com

check your email
Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: CF hood group buy - 09/09/02 07:35 PM
Hey showtime does the paypal thing still work? I just tried it and it rejected it. Sorry about the delay but I am not in the US right now so I have limited computer time. I will try to check for your response ASAP. Thanks Jon.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/09/02 10:38 PM
Jeremy, you said you got my check, correct?
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/11/02 07:15 PM
Any new NEWS Showtime!?!?!? just wondering`~~~~~` THANKS
Posted By: SVTweeter_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/11/02 08:52 PM
I would love this hood, so if you would accept anymore orders please email me back and let me know. I got money to put down for a deposit or all of it, if you need it. Thanks in advance! jared@dialupusa.net.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/12/02 01:09 PM
no new news...just waiting on a few payment that are supposed to be on there way.

Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/16/02 11:54 AM
Hey showtime anything new, just wondering if you got all the payments?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/16/02 01:57 PM
I got one check over the weekend.

there are supposed to be 1 or 2 more in the mail and a Paypal payment coming soon

Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/16/02 11:22 PM
Sounds Good, keep me posted. Sergey.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/17/02 12:47 AM
Yes...me as well!~! Keep us all posted...And Showtime...You get that form, fill it out and send in your money for the headers?!?!?! JUST WONDERING!!! Talk to ya later?

New Headers, CF hood, Y pipe, Front lip, and short throw shifter.....
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/17/02 02:07 AM
Originally posted by SVTnKC:

New Headers, CF hood, Y pipe, Front lip, and short throw shifter.....

Front lip?? Mirko?! Was this recent? I really, really want to get one of them...
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/17/02 03:31 AM
Yeah, I was interested in that too, where did you get or order the front lip?

Suneil
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/17/02 04:28 AM
Yea i got it from Mikro (ssmumich00 If you need the address let me know)... It's sweet, i still have yet to get it painted, cause all my moneys going to these Headers...but soon....YES very soon i will get it on!~~~~

So back to my original QUESTION...anyone else send their money and form in yet?!?!?!?!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/17/02 04:30 AM
my bad on the ORIGINAL QUESTION..... WRONG FORM !~~~~~~ HAHA SORRY~~~~
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/17/02 03:24 PM
So, showtime, I forgot, are our hoods any better than the ones that are being offered by the other GB on CF hoods? I already sent the money to you, so it's a done deal, it's just kind of frustrating that another GB pops up while ours finishes (lord knows we've been loyal to the end). .especially since they can get those predator vents or whatever the hell those things are , better cooling I guess. . .

Suneil
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/17/02 03:51 PM
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
So, showtime, I forgot, are our hoods any better than the ones that are being offered by the other GB on CF hoods? I already sent the money to you, so it's a done deal, it's just kind of frustrating that another GB pops up while ours finishes (lord knows we've been loyal to the end). .especially since they can get those predator vents or whatever the hell those things are , better cooling I guess. . .

Suneil

I've seen pics of hoods this company has made for hondas/acuras and they look really nice...very good glossy finish. I think you'll be satisfied

I'm not knocking the other group buy cause i haven't read anything about it, or know any thing about the company. I'm just not big on vents/scopes etc...
i travel a lot and when the weather is bad I'm not trying to get tons of dirt/crap on the engine...that just makes more to clean.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/18/02 05:16 AM
AMEN to that Showtime...Nothing like a CLEAN engine!!!
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/18/02 03:01 PM
I love clean engine more then a scoop.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/20/02 06:02 PM
Hey Showtime,
would you mind posting a list of everyone who's paid and if you know the expected arrival date?

Thanks,

Conor
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/23/02 01:31 PM
here are most of the people who paid.
I don't have the complete list here in front of me, so if i forget anyone don't get worried.
I've notified everyone who i have recieved checks from, and your on the list.

Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.

I have one that was suppose to be sent out today(monday) and onther that is supposed to be sent Paypal one day this week.

I'm going to me in and out of town all week.
and in NC all next week for a wedding/vacation.

Hopefully all the money will be here by the time i get back.
I'm going to pay the fee in 2 weeks no matter what.
if all the money isn't here then i'm gonna use my money, and start taking offers from other people.
I'm just going to pay off the whole bill so it will speed up everything.
I hate to keep you guy waiting because some people haven't paid.
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/23/02 09:50 PM
Sounds good showtime, keep us all posted, and have a good time man.
Sergey.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/24/02 03:35 PM
Sounds good to me too~ I want to get this bad boy on and take my baby to a car show!~! Have a good time~
Posted By: RichSVT_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/24/02 07:50 PM
When r those hoods are going to be released. It was too late when I found out about the gb, and I would love to get one, Let me know
'
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: CF hood group buy - 09/24/02 08:23 PM
YEAH i want one too
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/26/02 04:21 AM
Guys the cut off date for these bad boys was like 3 months ago...You might get lucky and Showtime is going to drop some dead beat buyers...and you can get in...but you better cross your fingers and get on the waiting list! Showtimes gone for about 2 weeks, so it will be awhile til ANY of us get any word!~
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/26/02 03:21 PM
I'm leaving for a week and a half.

I'll be back on Oct 7th

Going to NC (outer banks) for a wedding be ther Fri-Wed
then to NJ (millville..about 25mins west of wildwood...40mins s.east of philly) to visit family Wed-Sun

if anyone is in the area give me a ring, I'll have my cel with me all week.
412-512-3730

I'm gonna make the payment on the 7th-8th no matter what.
If i have to use my own money to cover the people that haven't paid then so be it, and i'll have to take on new people.

talk to you all when i get back

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 09/26/02 03:51 PM
Too bad you won't be up this way on Friday, I'm having a cookout! (Come rain or shine!)

If you need to fork out extra dough drop me a line, maybe I could help...
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/04/02 10:49 PM
I beat showtime is having a great time right now he is isn't he?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/07/02 01:32 PM
I'm back.

I have a large check i have to deposit into my bank today and then as soon as it clears I will pay the first payment....probably Wed. or Thurs

For all those people that have been asking me about getting in on the buy...I'm going to seen if i can get a few extra in the order. Its not definate, but i'll see what i can do.
just as a heads up if i can get a few extra its going to be $415 a piece.

here is a list of everyone who has paid

Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.

As soon as i make payment and get some info on any extras that will be available i let you know.

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/07/02 07:56 PM
Thanks, Brother!!!

Can't wait to get this on!!!
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/07/02 10:19 PM
That is the best news I have heard in a while, can't wait.
Posted By: Kool Aid_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/08/02 02:52 AM
That's Good News. I just want to say Thanks Showtime for all your time on this I know I couldn't deal with this.That $20 I owe Is comming
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/08/02 05:32 AM
Just curious Showtime, you know when we might be expecting these to show up at OUR front doors?~! THANKS
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/08/02 12:58 PM
eric,

I'll have a ballpark answer to that after i talk with them later this week

Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/09/02 05:25 AM
Thanks BUD ~ Just let me know when you know~!~! Talk to you then!
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/09/02 12:34 PM
Showtime are saying hood are coming in to your house latest this week? Did I get this right?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/09/02 01:20 PM
no...I'm making a payment as soon as a check clears in the bank. when i talk with them I'll ask about estimated shipping time.

Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/10/02 01:17 AM
Cool.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/10/02 02:16 AM
Make sure you post lots of pics of these puppies when you get them!! Especially some Silver Frost SVT's!
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/10/02 04:20 AM
Hea what he said
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/11/02 12:56 PM
the check hasn't cleared yet...i didn't get a chance to put it in until wed. so i'm hoping it will be cleared by Mon. Tues at the latest.

sorry bout that...i wanted to have some news for you today.

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/14/02 01:58 PM
if everything goes right I will make payment tomorrow, and I will have some news for you tomorrow afternoon sometime.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/15/02 07:06 PM
Good news.....

First payment has been made!!

I ordered 24 hoods (if all the people pay that will be about 6 extra).
Since i got extra I had to pay for part of the deposit with my own money.
Its cool, cause I'm sure there are a few people that want one of the extras.

The only snag is that since its the middle of the month they don't know how may will get shipped..the order might get split.
He said he is going to put in the order for 24 and whever gets done will get send over on the next container, and if its not all 24 the rest will come in the next container.
He said it would be better that way instead of rushing the order so the quality is not comprimised to make a deadline.

Here is a list of people that have paid:
Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.

These are the people who haven't paid:
Amy G.
Evan C.
Gabriel O.
Mvalen8023 (anyone know this guy) i don't have an email address for him

these 2 I'm adding to the list
Bernie W.
Bobby N.
I have spoken with both if these guys and they are very interested. So Berine and Bobby give me a ring or drop me an email so we can work out payment arangements. $415

jmayhew@fcas.pitt.edu
412-512-3730

So for everyone else....I will probably have a few extra hoods. I won't know exactly how many until i recieve all the payments, but there definately will be some.
so either send me an email or give me a ring and i'll put you on the list and we'll talk about payment arangements.

Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/15/02 10:34 PM
Showtime that is good news, any idea when we should expect them? And how are we going to get them? Thnks again man you have one hell of a job. Sergey.
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: CF hood group buy - 10/16/02 02:11 AM
Any pic's of the hood. I mght be interested in getting one. Either e-mail me with the pics or post them Nickyd12@aol.com . Thanks Nick
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/16/02 12:53 PM
I don't have any pics of them on a contour, but there are pics in this thread of the hoods on a civic.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/16/02 12:55 PM
Originally posted by DJCASPER2:
Showtime that is good news, any idea when we should expect them? And how are we going to get them? Thnks again man you have one hell of a job. Sergey.

I was told about 6 weeks. roughly...he said it depends on how quick the shipment gets here from overseas.

Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/16/02 01:02 PM
Showtime you have a pm, check it it's from me.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/16/02 05:27 PM
Showtime you have a pm, check it it's from me.

I don't see any message from you
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/16/02 10:14 PM
I just send one again, check it.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/20/02 03:57 PM
Are they there yet?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/21/02 03:54 PM
Just a Note to the people who haven't paid
the names are listed in red 9 posts back.
Top of Page 10

I'm trying to wait as long as possible, but if you don't pay soon, i'm gonna have to return your $95, and take on new people.

Sorry, but I can't wait forever, I already dipped into my own cash to cover some of this. I don't want to end up taking a loss, becuase some people won't pay.

If anyone know any of those people listed in red, let them know they need to pay me ASAP

thanks
Jeremy

Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/21/02 04:04 PM
Man, those 4 people have slowed this thing down by a month (if not more), it's starting to piss me off. . .
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/21/02 06:47 PM
Bobby N.

I got your check over the weekend...I'll deposit it one day this week...probably friday...is that cool

jeremy
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/21/02 07:20 PM
Just updating the List

Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.
Bobby N.

Amy G.
Evan C.
Gabriel O.

these 2 I'm adding to the list
Bernie W.
Rich (possibly 2 hoods)
Posted By: XTREMECONTOUR_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/21/02 09:23 PM
So what would be the total price shipped for me to get one of the extra hoods... And when would I need the money???
Posted By: zts4u2nv Re: CF hood group buy - 10/21/02 10:03 PM
What about me??
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/22/02 12:51 PM
As of right now all the hoods are acounted for, but they all haven't been paid for, so if one opens up I'll let you know

Just updating the List

Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.
Bobby N.
myself

Amy G.
Evan C.
Gabriel O.

these 3 I'm adding to the list
Bernie W.
Rich (possibly 2 hoods)
Caleb P. (check on the way)
Posted By: zts4u2nv Re: CF hood group buy - 10/22/02 07:23 PM
What happened to me? I e-mailed you about getting an extra hood and you said that you would add me to the list. Now your telling me that I cant get one??? Please let me know what going on so I know if I should send the money or not? Thanks, Jason D.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/22/02 09:09 PM
my bad Jason i got you on the list.

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/22/02 09:14 PM
All hoods are accounted for unless someone doesnt pay, if that happens I'll everyone know there is an extra available.

Just updating the List

Here is a list of people that have paid in full:
Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.
Bobby N.
myself

These are the people who haven't paid total cost yet:
Bernie W.
Amy G.
Evan C.
Gabriel O.

Except for Bernie...i haven't heard form these people in months.

hoods on hold for these people:
Rich (possibly 2 hoods)
Caleb P. (check on the way)
Jason D.
Posted By: CUTTOUR 2628 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/27/02 11:27 PM
If i could get any info on the company who made these hoods please let me know,I know the group buy is closed so I am not asking to join I just need info.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/28/02 03:19 AM
So we almost ready to get these BAD MUGS? Or how many more weeks are we talking about here SHOWTIME? THANKS BUD
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/28/02 02:37 PM
i'm hoping to have them in 3 weeks.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 10/30/02 01:57 PM
Recieved a couple of payments so i'm just updating the list.

All hoods are accounted for unless someone doesnt pay, if that happens I'll everyone know there is an extra available.

Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.
Bobby N.
myself
Amy G.
Caleb P.

Bernie W.
Evan C.

Rich (possibly 2 hoods)
Jason D.
Posted By: zts4u2nv Re: CF hood group buy - 11/03/02 06:51 PM
Any news on the hoods?
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/05/02 04:46 AM
Whats the latest showtime?
Posted By: thepakrat Re: CF hood group buy - 11/05/02 12:26 PM
Why don't you guys let it rest for a week or two? He has already said he expects them here in 3-4 weeks, so give it a week or two.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/05/02 02:13 PM
I'm just waiting like all you guy
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/10/02 08:31 AM
Are they here yet.......
Posted By: jlb19 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/13/02 03:39 PM
i would like to know about the cf hood you guys are making i have 96 contour so if anyone could please post or pm more some info it would be appreciated thanx
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/14/02 02:23 PM
the hoods are for 98+ contours
won't fit a 96

The people who still haven't paid need to get me their money ASAP....these hoods should be getting here in the next 2 weeks.
If i get the call that they are in Miami in the next week or so and i have to pay the balance so he can ship them to me, and people still haven't paid...i'm gonna give them 3 days and if i don't hear from them, i'm gonna sell to someone who can pay.

Posted By: thepakrat Re: CF hood group buy - 11/14/02 02:34 PM
Originally posted by showtime:
..i'm gonna give them 3 days and if i don't hear from them, i'm gonna sell to someone who can pay.

Right on!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/15/02 06:30 AM
2 weeks... ! EXCELLENT!!!!! i've been waiting!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/15/02 06:34 AM
..i'm gonna give them 3 days and if i don't hear from them, i'm gonna sell to someone who can pay.

Right on!
How much?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/15/02 03:15 PM
IF!! thats a big if (so please people don't send me tons of email asking of you can get one cause i don't have any extras yet.)

So IF i have any extras they will be around $415
if you pay through paypal it will be a little more.

Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/18/02 07:09 PM
1 week..........HEHEHE.

hey showtime, did you ever find out if there was a way to fit the hood inside the car for transport? I remember talking to you about it and you said you thought you might have a way of doing it? Seems impossible, but then again, so does getting a CF hood for a contour.....
Posted By: StreetConcepts_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/20/02 11:54 AM
the hood will definately not fit in the car for transport
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/20/02 02:24 PM
i don't know yet....my friend fit a CF hood in his accord.
in the back seat. I don't know how he got it in there but he did.
anyway....if they don't fit, when we have the meet just bring a different car....do most of you have a friend or family member with a truck/SUV?

my friend has a chevy 2500HD quad cab so thats what i'll be bringing them in.

Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/20/02 04:33 PM
For all us Michiganders, depending on when the meet is, I could potentially drive my f150 quad cab to the meet and transport all the hoods back to the detroit area? It's really dependand on when the meet is, but it might be a good option.

How many of us are from michigan?

Conor
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/20/02 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Conor7seven:
For all us Michiganders, depending on when the meet is, I could potentially drive my f150 quad cab to the meet and transport all the hoods back to the detroit area? It's really dependand on when the meet is, but it might be a good option.

How many of us are from michigan?

Conor

Conor...i'll have to find out where everyone is, but i know a few are in central-eastern PA, NY, MD, so i was gonna have a meet in central PA so it was close for everyone, but if your gonna drive from Michigan, We could do 2 meets one in central PA, and another in Ohio somewhere...Like Akron or something.
At least that would cut 4-5hrs(each way) out of your driving.

Even if your just coming for your hood I cold meet you in Ohio somewhere so you don't have to drive so far...Like Summit or somewthing. I'm in Pittsburgh so Summit is like 1-2hr or so away

we'll work something out.

thanks for the offer

Posted By: woz_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/20/02 09:44 PM
Showtime: Since I am in the burg like every other month (more over the holidays) and assuming we can get these into the SVT or my girls POS 93 Jetta (hatchback + fold down seats).

If needed, I can pick up any hoods bound for the Phil, NJ, MD, NYC area.

I live about 3 miles from the PA Turnpike (2 turns)
30+ minutes to downtown Phily
2 hours from NYC downtown
2 1/2 from downtown DC.

Just an offer if needed. (helping a fellow CEG save a buck or 2)
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/20/02 09:50 PM
I live in MA so I will have a long drive, but I will be there.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/21/02 04:13 AM
cool showtime,
My gf lives in Mentor, so if you could get to akron or something like that that would be great.....

Everyone in the GB from MI who wants me to pick up they're hood let me know?!?

When do you expect to have them?
Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: CF hood group buy - 11/21/02 05:23 AM
Hey showtime my name has changed and so has my location. I used to be ry0077. I am now quiet far from you so I was wondering if you had some plan to ship or what. I am writing a PM anyways but oh well. For those that are not near the east coast or Philly how does that work?
Posted By: thepakrat Re: CF hood group buy - 11/21/02 12:33 PM
cool showtime,
My gf lives in Mentor, so if you could get to akron or something like that that would be great.....

Funny, my wife's old best friend lives in Mentor! Funny to hear that cities name again after some time.

Showtime, I will be up to the PA meet whenever it comes around to pick the hood up.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/22/02 08:19 PM
maybe you're wife's old best friend is my girlfriend ...anyways. So I got real scared when I heard thatboat sunk...thought our hoods might be on it. Luckily it was only 8 zillion gallons of oil.. stupid boats...

So our hoods are lost in transit right now I guess.....
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/22/02 08:38 PM
I'm in Houston,TX so I'll need it drop shipped directly to me, even though I'll be in the NJ area for Christmas. . .wait, I could check it in as an oversize baggage, right? Thing is, Airlines treat boxes like [censored], so invariably, it'll BREAK, and I'll be screwed. . .okay, Showtime, ship 'er away to me. . .whenever we get them. . .
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/25/02 02:22 PM
just keeping this list updated

Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.
Bobby N.
myself
Amy G.
Caleb P.

Bernie W.
Evan C.

Rich (possibly 2 hoods)
Jason D.
Paul P.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/25/02 02:56 PM
I saw that some of you are picking up your hoods and bringing them to Michigan. how far north would your bring them? I am Paul P on the list and i am sneding out my money in a hour.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/25/02 03:14 PM
Conor...

There are two guys that live in Michigan that want a hood.

Paul P. "skrilla187" and "markusSVT"

Paul is sending out the money, and markusSVT is going to get one of the extra since it seems like these other people don't want to pay, and he is will to pay now.

anyway I just wanted to let you know that they wanted to pick up their hoods and i told them you were coming from Michigan and maybe you could work something out with them to get theirs too.

hopefully you guys can work something out.

thanks conor

Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/25/02 07:18 PM
Michigan guys, check your pm's.

Showtime,
any idea when you will be recieving them? Not tryin to be "that guy" but it will help me figure out when I need to get the truck.

Houghton guy,
I know a dude who goes to M. Tech, so maybe if I get the hood to northville where he lives, he could take it up to you? I'll try to find out.....

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/25/02 07:55 PM
Michigan guys, check your pm's.

Showtime,
any idea when you will be recieving them? Not tryin to be "that guy" but it will help me figure out when I need to get the truck.

Houghton guy,
I know a dude who goes to M. Tech, so maybe if I get the hood to northville where he lives, he could take it up to you? I'll try to find out.....

conor, i haven't heard anything yet. If i don't hear anything this week, i give them a call Friday or Monday.

Posted By: zts4u2nv Re: CF hood group buy - 11/25/02 08:11 PM
Hey, I'm from Mi. Just trying to get the money together cause I still want this hood. Let me know what you guys are doing whith shipping to Mi. Thanks, Jason D.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/28/02 08:14 AM
Showtime~ You got these in your hands yet?!~!? just wondering... Not that i'm in dying need of it, just you know...wondering!
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/28/02 02:03 PM
Showtime~ You got these in your hands yet?!~!? just wondering... Not that i'm in dying need of it, just you know...wondering!

Hee hee hee...

Getting anxious some of us are!

Hey KC, you get your headers? Mine arrived the day my clutch went kaplooey!
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/29/02 01:15 AM
Talk to that guy that goes to tech. If he could get it up to me after Christmas break or something I would gladly give him a few bucks for his troubles.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 11/29/02 06:48 PM
it all just depends when we get the hoods....then I'll start trying to figure something out for everyone
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/01/02 02:24 AM
Dang, that sucks about your CLUTCH! MORE BUCKS~!~ Yea, i have my headers, but they won't go on till after Winter, along with this hood, and a CF Splitter. ... Question for ya, do you go to KU or did you? (EVERYONE sorry for getting off topic, Just wanted to know)
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/01/02 04:42 PM
Check your pms.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/03/02 02:02 PM

Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.
Bobby N.
myself
Amy G.
Caleb P.
Paul P.

Bernie W.
Evan C.

Rich
Jason D.
Antonio

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/03/02 03:31 PM
Hey Showtime, middle of this month, correct?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/03/02 08:37 PM
I hope...i'm gonna call them this week.

But i can't pay the balance until these people pay me, so even if they come in, they won't be shipped to me until i pay the balance.

Posted By: woz_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/04/02 12:38 AM
OK everyone, it's time for me to vent.

It's well past the time to be a nice guy with those who have not paid $$$ and sell it to people who have. This GB has been going on for -+6 months.... and just silly that some people have not paid.

Dump there inconsiderate A$$'es before there is another shipping delay because of lack of funds.

For those who have only send you part of the cash, then keep some or all as a processing fee. Let them go through the effort to take you to court before you send it back. F-them slackers.

Now it's time for the insult (for all those who did not pay). Your father was a hamster and mother smells of elderberry's . You better pay or I will insult you a second time.

ShowTime, I am not mad at you ( I known you put a lot of effort into this ) but it's just frustrating driving around for months with a big dent in my hood, and it's getting old quick.

Posted By: onosway Re: CF hood group buy - 12/04/02 01:06 AM
Silly CEGers..when will you ever learn, tricks are for kids.

Common guys, I wanted in on the GB months ago and it still hasn't moved?!??!?!

I've moved on but seriously...make the aftermarket grow.

If the Demand side can't even to it's part, how does Supply work?

Please don't put Showtime in a bad position, he's a nice guy.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/04/02 01:32 AM
Originally posted by woz:
Now it's time for the insult (for all those who did not pay). Your father was a hamster and mother smells of elderberry's . You better pay or I will insult you a second time.

Very funny! Only you should taunt them a second time.

Wait, was that the castle scene or not? Or was it the Knights who say "Ni"? LOL

Anyway, Showtime, what's the plan if people don't pay? You going to sell the extras? I have one but I might be able to swing two...
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/04/02 02:17 PM
thats the plan....once i find out the balance is due...I'm giving everyone a week....if the payments are not recieved then i'm selling to other people.

Antonio is supposed to be taking one.
I think he is send the money this week.
I also just recieved full payment from Paul P.

the only one i'm not worried about is Bernie...he still owes a balance but i've talk with him a number of time and can paypal me the cash when i need it.

Posted By: Beowulf Re: CF hood group buy - 12/04/02 07:28 PM
Originally posted by chknhwk:
Originally posted by woz:

Very funny! Only you should taunt them a second time.

Wait, was that the castle scene or not? Or was it the Knights who say "Ni"? LOL

Anyway, Showtime, what's the plan if people don't pay? You going to sell the extras? I have one but I might be able to swing two...

Castle scene, and "taunt" is correct.

I fart in your general direction!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/05/02 06:38 AM
Showtime... i'm not going to try to tell you how to run your GB... I SAY~ F those slackers and sell there hoods to someone now~ YOU, ME and EVERYONE have waited long enough on these scrubs! Let's get this done!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/05/02 02:17 PM
Showtime... i'm not going to try to tell you how to run your GB... I SAY~ F those slackers and sell there hoods to someone now~ YOU, ME and EVERYONE have waited long enough on these scrubs! Let's get this done!

I know what you mean...thats what i'm gonna do....Once I find out that the Balance is due, i'm giving everyone a week...if I don't get the money the hoods are being sold to people who can pay....first come first serve
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/06/02 07:57 PM

Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.
Bobby N.
myself
Amy G.
Caleb P.
Paul P.
Bernie W.

Evan C.

Rich
Jason D.
Antonio
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/09/02 10:10 PM
NEW UPDATE!!!!

Good news and Bad news..

the bad news is that it is going to be about 4 more weeks.

the good news is that all 24 hoods are on there way here...the order didn't get split up.

I talked to the guy today, the container leaves this week and he will get it mid January.

If you haven't been reading....
a while back when i made the first payment, I told you that we paid something like 3 days before the deadline for shipping.

Shiping is like this...container gets sent on the boat first or second week of every month and it takes aprox 4-5 weeks.

So when i made the payment we were trying to get on the mid november shippment it was so late that the possiblity to make the 24 hoods and ship them was slim so he said if they got shipped they all might not be in the same shippment (order would have been split and they would ship what they had made) Well, We didn't make that shipment, and this shipment got delayed a week so all our hoods could make it on the same container.

So to sum it up they are on the way and should be here beginning to mid Jan.

This has been delayed long enough, and i don't want it to get delayed any longer because i can't pay the balance.
So i'm setting the Deadline Jan 3rd. if you haven't paid by then i'm selling to someone else..(gives me a week or so to re-sell)

So for eveyone that has be in this from the beginning...thank you, and sorry for the delay but its difficult when people don't pay!

Everyone who i'm waiting on....get that x-mas money and send in your payment...if not i have no other option but to sell to someone else.

This has been such a pain in the ass, but thanks to everyone who has helped out.

Posted By: woz_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/10/02 02:08 AM
Showtime: I know it's been a pain in the ass, but i am sure that when you get your hood you will be very happy.

Thanks for all the time and effort.
Posted By: Kool Aid_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/10/02 03:34 AM
It's worth the wait.Thanks Showtime for all the work.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/10/02 01:43 PM
No Prob....and thank you....this would never had happened if you guys didn't help out.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/12/02 08:37 AM
whattup showtime,

I'm going to be in pittsburgh on december 23rd.
Any word on the hoods yet?

Conor
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/12/02 01:10 PM
whattup showtime,

I'm going to be in pittsburgh on december 23rd.
Any word on the hoods yet?

Conor

read end of page 16
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/12/02 05:52 PM
I am a moron

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/13/02 02:24 PM
no prob...this thread is getting long
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/20/02 07:07 AM
K i know the term... no news is good news... But i'd like some if you have it SHOWTIME... Any NEWS?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/20/02 03:38 PM
Same as before...mid Jan.
I'll be in NJ all next week, so i won't be on here or checking my email to often....if you need to get a hold of me give me a ring.

I'll be back in Pittsburgh on the 29th.

For all those who still haven't paid....you got about
2 weeks before i sell to someone else.

Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: CF hood group buy - 12/24/02 01:33 AM
ttt
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/30/02 06:26 PM
Just wanted to get the Form back to the 1st page... And maybe someone has paid Showtime that would be nice!~ Oh and i just found out i won't be getting a matching CF Splitter with my CF hood! Pissed me off~ Just thought you all would like to know~
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/30/02 08:39 PM
Why? What's up? I was kinda likin' the fact you were hitting all the exact same GB's as me.
PS> Wanna trade non-spec headers for Vortech headers? I'm not going forced induction anymore...
Can't wait for my hood!!!!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/31/02 09:02 AM
Yea we have hit a lot of the same posts, and we're both in the Midwest... KC area if i remember correctly too. Great minds must think alike! Just to stay on topic though... Hows those hoods coming?
PS.... I'm lost with the Header question... tone the language down for me... i'm a newbie in the car biz~
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/31/02 02:11 PM
Sorry, didn't you order the headers, too? I got the ones for the Vortech and you got the regular ones, right? That's what I'm talking about.

I can't wait for my hood!!
Posted By: svttour2002 Re: CF hood group buy - 12/31/02 05:44 PM
I know that this is off the subject in here but I have the regular headers from MSDS and I am wanting to go to forced induction so if you have the headers I would be interested in trading you.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/01/03 12:33 AM
PM sent - so I can keep it on topic!!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/02/03 08:49 AM
OHH yes... Right i got the regular ones! MY BAD... Still haven't put them on though! Anyway~ YEs, how about those hoods! Can't wait to get mine! Acutally, as soon as i get it i might be getting rid of the SVT I know it's terrible i'm trying to make a decision.... BIKE??? SVT??? Sucks~
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/06/03 01:28 PM
Just a reminder that I'm going to need all payments SOON!!

I'm hoping to have all payments by the 18th, 15th if possible.

So anyone who wants a hood but hasn't paid yet, please get in touch with me about sending payment.

If I don't hear from people by the end of this week, i'm going to open the group buy up to anyone who is interested and willing to pay.

Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.
Bobby N.
myself
Amy G.
Caleb P.
Paul P.
Bernie W.

Evan C.

Rich
Jason D.
Antonio

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/06/03 10:14 PM
Will they be in on the 18th or what?
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/07/03 07:26 AM
Showtime~ Just wondering~ What was the total cost i've sent to you so far??? 350 for the hood and 90 down payment/shipping?... is that right?!?! THANKS!~!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/07/03 01:57 PM
Originally posted by skrilla187:
Will they be in on the 18th or what?

He told be Mid January, so I'm figuring around the 18th and if i can pay him right away then i should have them before the end of the month.

Thats why i need the money for these last few ASAP.

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/08/03 08:41 PM
How much would I have to send you to ship it to me. the zip code is 49930.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/09/03 01:54 PM
How much would I have to send you to ship it to me. the zip code is 49930.

I'm not sure yet.
once they get here, i'll take one to FedEx & UPS to find out the shipping cost.

Also one of the people that are in on the group by works for a shipping/trucking company. He said he might be able to get us a deal on shipping cost....so we'll see.
His name is Jeff "kool aid" He is in NY
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/11/03 06:50 PM
Hummm any update on the slackers Showtime?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/13/03 02:18 PM
Hummm any update on the slackers Showtime?

Same story....

I'm taking off all holds except for Antonio's
SO if anyone is interested contact me.

I have 5 available

I assuming these people are not interested anymore
IF you are in the process of sending the money let me know
Evan C.
Mvalen8023
Rich
Jason D.

The Hoods should be in Miami sometime late this week, early next, so as soon as i can get this money and pay him the sooner they will get here and i can send them out and people can pick them up.
Posted By: TGO Re: CF hood group buy - 01/13/03 02:42 PM
If the other GB does not happen, I'll take one.
Posted By: unknown_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/13/03 03:37 PM
I'm w/the greatone, if the other Norcal buy falls through I will take 1 4 sure.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/14/03 05:00 AM
Sweet Showtime, and thanks for the PM, Just keep us updated... all that good stuff~
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/14/03 06:17 AM
DITTO!!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/14/03 02:09 PM
I still have 3 left

holding/waiting for payment from
Antionio
SVT ST PETE
MatbozSVT

if one of you guys decides not to buy please let me know.

Shold be in Miami on Friday so i would like to have these claimed and have the money by next Wed-Thurs. So i can pay him ASAP.

The guy told me that they might selling them in the future but they are going to run $600 + shipping..ouch!!

so if you want to get in on this and save around $150 please contact me. and if you live driving distance from PA you can also save shipping!

message me on here
email jmayhew@fcas.pitt.edu
phone: 412-512-3730

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/18/03 05:29 PM
I recieved 2 more payments, so I have 3 hoods left and one I'm holding for antonio.
If anyone talks to him....tell him to let me know if he still wants one.

here is the updayed list

ere is a list of people that have paid in full:
Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.
Bobby N.
myself
Amy G.
Caleb P.
Paul P.
Bernie W.
Matt B.
Peter L.

Antonio

Hoods should be in Miami this week sometime, so as soon as i can get these last 4 payments and pay the balance, he will ship them to me.
I'm hoping to have this done buy the end of this month
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/18/03 07:37 PM
Sweet News!~!
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/20/03 11:10 PM
Showtime check your pm's please.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/22/03 02:08 PM
4 hoods left.....any takers!!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/22/03 04:17 PM

Jeremy,
Not to be a pessimist, but if no one buys those remaining 4 hoods, what happens to the GB? Dead in its tracks? Aren't the hoods already here in Miami?? Do we all lose our deposit?

It just doesn't seem like it's going to happen, people commit and don't pay, etc. Real frustrating.

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/23/03 02:16 PM

Jeremy,
Not to be a pessimist, but if no one buys those remaining 4 hoods, what happens to the GB? Dead in its tracks? Aren't the hoods already here in Miami?? Do we all lose our deposit?

It just doesn't seem like it's going to happen, people commit and don't pay, etc. Real frustrating.

Remember this ss...Pessimism blunts the tool used for success!

No i'm not leaving it dead...when we are this close....I'll have to come up with the money myself...it might take a week or two but i'd figure out something.
If i end up having to pay myself..i'll end up selling on ebay or whatever, but they won't be cheap...Since i'm taking a loss, I'll be looking to get my money back + sum.

I got a possible buyer on one more, but he won't have the cash for a week or so.

I'LL STRESS THIS AGAIN!!!
these hoods are in Miami!! They are waiting for me to pay them. So as soon as i pay them and they ship to me you guys can have them...I want to have them paid by the end of next week...so I can have them by the 1st-2nd week of Feb.

SO come on CEGers...we are so close, and there is no more wating...I know ther has to be 3 people on here that would like to save some money on a hood...and think of it this way..we'll be the only poeple with them, or at least OEM style since they have some other GB's going on.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/23/03 03:27 PM
Jeremy, if I were to buy another off of you how much would I have to send in? I REALLY want my f'n hood!!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/23/03 05:38 PM
Jeremy, if I were to buy another off of you how much would I have to send in? I REALLY want my f'n hood!!

don't worry about it right yet...i just got another person interested, so if all goes well there are only 1 left if antonio decides to buy.

If i need some help i'll let you know
I'm gonna pay him no later than the 1st. So hopefully you should have it mid Feb. no problem

Posted By: wavrdr_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/23/03 10:10 PM
Showtime.....How much are we talking about? I may be interested in picking one up, just unsure of price, shipping amount, and ETA.
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/24/03 12:20 AM
Hey showtime did you find out if my friend could do what we talked about?
Thanks Sergey.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/24/03 02:12 PM
Hey showtime did you find out if my friend could do what we talked about?
Thanks Sergey.

not yet i'll find out next week when i call them
i'll be out fo town Fri, Sat & Sun so i'll call next week.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/24/03 02:24 PM
just another pic.....here is the companies IS300 hood
its an upclose pic so you can get a better idea of the quality...very nice glossy finish

All the hoods might be accounted for...i had a few inquires yesterday, so i should know by mon-tues.
if someone is interested please still contact me....these last 4 people are not definates so you might be able to still get in. I'm taking people first come first serve.

Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 01/25/03 04:19 AM
Check your PM's Showtime. All is well guys, all is well.
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 01/25/03 04:21 AM
Was there something worked with the hoods coming to Michigan? A truck or something?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/25/03 05:50 AM

don't worry about it right yet...i just got another person interested, so if all goes well there are only 1 left if antonio decides to buy.

If i need some help i'll let you know
I'm gonna pay him no later than the 1st. So hopefully you should have it mid Feb. no problem

All righty...I'm officially in standby mode!!
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/25/03 03:57 PM
I just can't wait to get my damn hood in!
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/25/03 10:44 PM
ya,
I'm going to try to work something out with showtime to get the hoods to michigan in my truck.....stand by

Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 01/26/03 05:22 PM
10-4
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/27/03 03:33 PM
they might be all sold...I have a few people to contact, and to hear back from, but if everything goes well they will all be sold this week.

new people are:
SVTMike99
fast4drsvt
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/27/03 04:27 PM
Ok.

I'm going to try to work something out to go pick up the hoods from showtime. So for a fee (much less than shipping costs), I'll bring back as many hoods as I can to Novi, MI where I can store them in my garage until you guys want to pick them up from there.

What I need to know is,

how many people would potentially want me to pick up there hood and bring it to Novi?

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/27/03 06:57 PM
3 hoods have been sold....I am just waiting on payment from them

fast4drsvt
SVTmike99

ATTENTION MICHIGAN GUYS!!!
I know someone is planning on meeting me in central Ohio to pick up the michigan hoods....SVTMike99 is also in Michigan and want to get in on this pickup....so if someone in the Michigan group could please get ahold of him and let him know whats up i'd appriciate it...thanks

So as of now I only have 1 left!
at worst i will pay for it and keep it as na extra, but if someone wants it...get in touch with me.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/27/03 06:58 PM
Edit:

How many people would want me to pick up * their hood
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/27/03 06:58 PM
updated list

here is the updayed list

here is a list of people that have paid in full:
Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.
Bobby N.
myself
Amy G.
Caleb P.
Paul P.
Bernie W.
Matt B.
Peter L.

waiting on payment from
fast4drsvt
SVTmike99
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/27/03 07:09 PM
Edit:

How many people would want me to pick up * their hood

Conor,
SVTMike99 should be getting in touch with ou about getting his hood, he just joined the buy today
Posted By: nick10_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/27/03 10:27 PM
showtime check your PM
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/28/03 03:32 AM
showtime...check pm's again
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/28/03 01:31 PM
I had one of the new guys guy drop out (due to an emergency) but i someone else joined "nick10"

So i still have 1 left!!

waiting on payment from
SVTmike99
possibly nick10

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/28/03 05:58 PM
another payment recieved from Eric D. "1314"

so i'm updating the list

Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.
Bobby N.
myself
Amy G.
Caleb P.
Paul P.
Bernie W.
Matt B.
Peter L.
Eric D.

waiting on payment from
nick10
SVTMike99

1 hood available
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/28/03 06:20 PM
Me and Eric are on all of the same GB's, our cars will look EXACTLY alike. . .one of these days at U of H, I'm going to walk up to his car and try getting in with no avail. . .black CSVT's ROCK!

Jeremy, thanks for seeing this through. . .
Posted By: nick10_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/29/03 03:33 AM
Showtime i made a payment using paypal. Check your PM
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/29/03 02:19 PM
GOOD NEWS!! They are all sold
I decided to pay for the extra one and keep it for a spare.

I'm just waiting on a check from SVTMike99 and we'll be all set.

I'll try to pay the balance Friday, and then I'll let you know when they get here.

so here is the final list
Sergey V.
Neil M.
Conor S.
John P.
Suneil M
Eric. G
John W.
Joshua R.
Jon C.
Ash
Jeff S.
Jason B.
Bobby N.
myself - 2
Amy G.
Caleb P.
Paul P.
Bernie W.
Matt B.
Peter L.
Eric D.
nick J.

waiting on payment from
SVTMike99

I know everyone is getting anxious, so hang in there and we should have them in a week or two.

Thanks to everyone who helped out on this.
Posted By: thepakrat Re: CF hood group buy - 01/29/03 02:43 PM
Posted By: woz_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/29/03 06:55 PM

Shotime: if you get the cash to them on Friday when will you recieve them? I may be in your neck of the woods next weekend?

It's so nice when a plan works. goooo showtime!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/29/03 07:50 PM
I just paid for them today!!

I'm not sure when they will get sent out...he told be he has to negotiate the price with the shipping company.
I'll talk to him again before friday to find out when they will go out.

I have a favor to ask of everyone that is picking up their hood or having someone come pick it up for them.

I have to pay this huge shipping fee...i will find out tommorrow or friday, but its going to be like $500-$600

So if everyone could give a donation when picking up their hood like $30 or so to help me out with this cost i'd appriciate it.

I'll keep you guys posted

Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/29/03 08:07 PM
Jeremy,
Can they ship my hood directly to me in Houston??? It'll be cheaper that way, so I won't have to pay shipping fees TWICE. . .I thought they already covered the shipping in the price of the hood, for $500, they should be able to ship one separately, right??

Let me know ASAP,

here's my address:
Suneil Malhotra
8181 El Mundo St. #2705
Houston, TX 77054

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/29/03 08:18 PM
Jeremy,
Can they ship my hood directly to me in Houston??? It'll be cheaper that way, so I won't have to pay shipping fees TWICE. . .I thought they already covered the shipping in the price of the hood, for $500, they should be able to ship one separately, right??

Let me know ASAP,

here's my address:
Suneil Malhotra
8181 El Mundo St. #2705
Houston, TX 77054

check your PM's
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/29/03 09:54 PM
anyone else in MI/OH want me to pick up their hood?

So far its just mike who is interested

SVTmike99

Conor
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/30/03 05:29 PM
Showtime, i would like to just have my shipped to me straight too, instead of the double shipping, maybe it will save you time and money as well!~~~ IF THAT"S POSSIBLE!! Let me know please! THANKS

OH AND GREAT JOB!!!!!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/30/03 08:45 PM
I Just talked to them....They shipped the hoods out yesterday...and the hoods should be here monday or tuesday.

i'll keep you guys posted.

Posted By: thepakrat Re: CF hood group buy - 01/31/03 02:02 PM
WOO WOOOOOOOO!!!

Posted By: zts4u2nv Re: CF hood group buy - 01/31/03 04:45 PM
I'm in southeast Mi can I have the hoos shipped to me or can I pick it up from someone cause I only have about 450 to spend and I need this hood. Thanks, Jason D.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 01/31/03 07:07 PM
ZTS~ This GB is over, we have all already paid and the shipping is being done to the people that already bought the hood! I PMED you thought, write me back please~!

SHOWTIME~ It's been long but very much worth it! THANKS
Posted By: zts4u2nv Re: CF hood group buy - 02/02/03 09:40 PM
Does anyone know how to get ahold of the person picking up the hoods and bringing them to Michigan? I would like to find out if he would pick mine up for me. Thanks, Jason D
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 02/03/03 05:35 AM
His name is Conor7Seven. Shoot him a PM From what i understand he is only picking up his and mine.
Posted By: zts4u2nv Re: CF hood group buy - 02/03/03 07:57 AM
I did that a couple of days ago and no answer? Do you think it would be a problem for him to pick up my hood for me? I don't think it would be out of the way at all. Thanks, Jason D.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/03/03 02:06 PM
Jason....conor will probably pick up your hood, he's been really cool about helping out the Michigan guys....PM him and he should get back to you.
If i talk with him i'll let him know your interested.

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/03/03 02:08 PM
If your going to need your hood shipped please post your Zip code or PM it to me.
Jeff "kool aid" works for a shipping company so he is going to see what kind of deal he can get us.
Also it would be better if it was being shipped to a business...Frieght companies charge more for a residential shippment.
So if you guys know anyone that owns a business that this could be shipped to it would be better.

thanks

Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/03/03 02:37 PM
jason check your pm's
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/03/03 03:14 PM

I think Me and Eric ("1314") are going to try to have it shipped to one address since it would be cheaper and we live close to each other. . .as for a business address, Eric, you want it shipped to U of H (might lose the hoods, though )
Posted By: tckn19s_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/03/03 11:17 PM

Bernie
Posted By: zts4u2nv Re: CF hood group buy - 02/04/03 05:01 AM
If I have to have it shipped the zip would be 48162. That would be a business adress to if that would help bring the shipping. Thanks, Jason

P.S. when will you know about the shipping?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/04/03 02:16 PM
Originally posted by lilbern:

Bernie

Bernie...is this the zip for a busniess shippment or do you want a price on residential?

let me know
Posted By: tckn19s_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 12:26 AM
Sorry dude. That is my home zip.
Give me shipping at this business zip:
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 12:32 AM
I could get it shipped to a business Showtime. Zip is 49930.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 01:45 PM
I could get it shipped to a business Showtime. Zip is 49930.

skrilla,

Conor is picking up hoods an bringing them back to Michigan, so you might want to look into having him pick yours up.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 03:42 PM
I live about 7 hrs away from where he is though. I am in the sticks. So it would be way eaiser to just send it to me.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 04:31 PM
I live about 7 hrs away from where he is though. I am in the sticks. So it would be way eaiser to just send it to me.

oh ok...no prob....i'll get you a price from Jeff
Posted By: BDR Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 04:35 PM
did they arrive yet, and wen are you goin to see them so you could show us some pics!!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 06:52 PM
I won't get a chance to get out to my friends shop until Friday.
My camera is getting fixed...so if i don't get it back in the next few days, i'll use his camera to take some pics

Jeff is supposed to get me some shipping quotes for those of you who gave me your zips tomorrow or friday.
so i'll let you know as soon as i get the prices.
Posted By: BDR Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 06:55 PM
your the man!!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 07:32 PM
Originally posted by imprtKLLR:
your the man!!

I second that!~!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 09:31 PM
Here is whats going on.

my friend is going to go out to my friends shop on Saturday afternoon with his truck and bring a few back to my house (i live 5 mins from downtown Pittsburgh, my friend shop is like 25-30mins form me)

So after Saturday I'll have a few at my house if anyone is in the area and wants to pick one up....just give me some notice and i can be there to meet you.
if its through the week, i don't get home from work until around 5:45-6pm

Next weekend is Valentines day and my wifes Birthday, so I'll probably be busy all weekend.

The Weekend after that i have a friend coming to visit from Boston

So I can't schedule a weekend meet until after the weekend of the 22nd.
Also my friend is going to have to bring the hoods in his truck so i have to find out what his schedule is like.

All the people that I'm shipping them to....I'm waiting on prices from Jeff....it seem like he will give us the best deal. I'll also get some quotes from places around here next week after i get the hoods to my house.

Sorry if i'm holding things up for anyone, but things are hectic this month, and i don't have much free time.

Ash...i know you were thinking about coming to Pgh for the weekend...just let me know. We can hit the clubs or something.

from what my friend told me on the phone about the size...i don't think they will fit in a contour/mistique...so some of you guys might need to make arangements to get a truck/SUV.
this weekend i'll have a better idea about the size once i see them.

Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 09:38 PM
Skrilla, where in Michigan are you? I am in Grand Rapids. Any closer for ya? I could pick up yours from Conor and you could pick it up from me if thats easier. Let me know.
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 09:43 PM
Oops that was supposed to be a PM Sorry guys. Let me know anyways Skrilla.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 10:46 PM
I live in the UP. Thats quite a ways away. I go 2 Michigan Tech if you know how far up that is.
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 02/05/03 10:56 PM
I asked my Dad and he explained Is Searchmont still open? If so, you may be in luck!
Posted By: Ash_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/06/03 01:11 AM
Thanks again jeremy for all of the leg work! It's really appreciated even if it's not said often enough. I would like to come out there this saturday if thats alright with you. So let me know before friday and I'll give you a ring about sat. Im deffinatly going to hit the town sat night. Oh I'll probably have a SUV to bring it back. Later, And thanks again!!
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/06/03 04:57 AM
whatz Searchmont?
Posted By: bobby_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/08/03 03:20 AM
Jeremy the zip code is 06810. thanks! Bobby
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 02/08/03 05:48 PM
whatz Searchmont?

A Ski resort in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada (Just over the border)
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/09/03 05:58 AM
I could do that. If you know that the hood would fit in a Mountaineer. Then I could meet you in Soo MI.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/09/03 06:09 PM
I could do that. If you know that the hood would fit in a Mountaineer. Then I could meet you in Soo MI.

it will fit in a mountianeer...Ash can out to Pgh to pick up his hood and had an explorer.
we had to take the hood out of the box, but they are wrapped in bubble wrap, and foam, so it still protected, and it fit fine.

Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 02/09/03 06:33 PM
Hey Showtime any pics of these bad boys? I can't wait to get mine...and then wait til spring to put it on
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/09/03 10:02 PM
my camera is still in the shop so i didn't get to take any pics. I haven't even put mine on yet.

Ash picked up his hood on Sat and one for john, so he might be able to get some pics taken too
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/09/03 10:43 PM
I will certainly try to get some pics up but no promises! My girlie does have a digital and I have a tripod account so it should work...

I'M SO F'N STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/10/03 02:06 PM
I will certainly try to get some pics up but no promises! My girlie does have a digital and I have a tripod account so it should work...

I'M SO F'N STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!

john,

when you get your hood from Ash, let me know how you like it...i think they turned out really nice!
Posted By: BDR Re: CF hood group buy - 02/10/03 02:08 PM
why doesn't one of you just borrow a camera from someone.
GGGEEEZZZ!!!!
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: CF hood group buy - 02/10/03 02:20 PM
DAMN all you guys!!! Brats.. damn my jealousy also ..

I don't want to see any pictures..

Posted By: BDR Re: CF hood group buy - 02/10/03 02:22 PM
it's OK, you can sweat my kit and hood wen i get em!!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/10/03 02:25 PM
Just some more info for you guys.

I was out at my friends shop on Friday, Putting on the DMD and changing my oil.
Just to see what it would look like, we decided to put the hood on.

First off the quality is really nice...the edges are nice and smooth & the finish is very glossy.

the only thing that is going to be a b*tch is to get it alligned right.
Each arm/hinge has 2 screws. and the hole in the arm/hinge are big, so there is a lot fo play in the alignment of the hood.
After fooling with it for about 30 mins we got it really close the only spot that we couldn't get level was up front by the drivers side headlight, but that might have been able to be fitted better with more time.
The way i'm solving it is to get hood pins.
it seemed like if the back fit right the front was a bit high and if the front was right then the back stuck up....but we weren't to patient with it either.
If any of you are familiar with or worked with carbon fiber..this is always a problem....getting it to fit right.

One other thing we noticed was that the loop in the front for the latch was about 1/4 inch shorter then the stock one.
so we removed the stock latch off the car and drilled out the holes a bit so we could reattach it and it would be higher to compinsate for the loop being shorter.

so what i decided to do is use hood pins (momo pins in the mail) and have the latch just be the safety catch.

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/10/03 02:35 PM
I just called about my Camera....it was finished on Friday so they said depending on what time friday it should be back at the store for me to pick up either today or Thursday.

So i plan on going out to the shop either wed. or thurs. to fix the DMD....i forgot the put RTV on the keyway and i got a leak. So if my hood pins are here by then i'll probably put the hood on and i'll get some pics. and post them either Friday or over the weekend.

Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 02/10/03 04:05 PM
Good looking out Showtime. Let us know.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/13/03 07:06 AM
this thing got pushed to the 3rd page, so i brought it back because i just keep thinking about. who picked their hood up and why haven't they posted some pics? showtime, you sure you don't want to spend valentine's weekends giving us all our gifts ?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/13/03 02:16 PM
my wifes B-Day is on Valentines day, so i don't think she would appriciate that too much

I'm going to try to put my hood on today....I got my MOMO hood pins in the mail yesterday.

Ash & chknhwk have their hoods so if they don't have pics up soon, i should have some up by monday.

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/13/03 05:14 PM
I just want to see some damn pix!!
Posted By: DJCASPER2 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/13/03 10:58 PM
Hey showtime did you find out the shiping price for the zip that importk gave you.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/14/03 01:52 PM
I got it on yesterday....with the hood pins its fits decent!

I should have some pics up by monday.

I haven't talked to Ash or Chknhwk but they might have some pics too.

Jeff "kool aid" is supposed to give me a call this weekend...to get his discount he has to ship them from his work, so he might come out here to pick them up then take them back to ship them....we're gonna try to work something out.

I'll have some prices for you next week no matter what.
hopefully Jeff's discount prices & regular prices from here.

Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/14/03 06:01 PM
static,
do you have a website on where we could get those hood pins?

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/14/03 06:19 PM
I got MOMO hood pins, but I think all the top end company have them made by the same people.

I think the MOMO's and SPARCO's are basically the same.

just don't be cheap and get APC's or something like that...don't want to take a chance on the rusting.

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/15/03 10:03 PM
I picked up my hood yesterday and can you believe I haven't even looked at it yet?? What's wrong with me!

If it hasn't snowed too bad on Sunday morning I'll take pics and put them on my site then. (I would now but I'm at work...)
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/17/03 02:51 PM
thanks chknhwk.....i was going to post some pics but since we got these 14+ inches of snow...i haven't been able to get to the store to pick up my camera that was being fixed.

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/17/03 05:26 PM
geez
Posted By: BDR Re: CF hood group buy - 02/17/03 08:03 PM
geez

i must agree!
why is this takin so long!
Posted By: 99CTOURSVT Re: CF hood group buy - 02/17/03 08:08 PM
Give SHOTIME a break. He is doing all he can to get pictures for you guys. It is so bad here in Pittsburgh I live 5 minutes away from him and I can't pick up my hood.
Posted By: BDR Re: CF hood group buy - 02/17/03 08:17 PM
i understand that, but 2 weeks no pics, that i don't understand!
it hasn't been snowing for the last 2 weeks.

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/17/03 10:08 PM
Snow aint no thing. I know how much you guys have and we have had at least 3 storms like that up here this winter.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/17/03 10:12 PM
thanks chknhwk.....i was going to post some pics but since we got these 14+ inches of snow...i haven't been able to get to the store to pick up my camera that was being fixed.

I totally understand. Just check out the PICS and you'll see we got lots of snow. Just go to the section for my modifications and look under "Aesthetics" and click on the link for the hood.

I do not have a job that 'closes down' due to weather. In fact, the worse the weather the busier we are. I am a dispatcher for line men and I was required to go to work.

However, after spending several hours on a quad with a plow I finally got one car out and couldn't even go anywhere!!!

So, I spent my time to trek through 24+ inches of snow to get you guys pics. (Go ME!!!!)

These are just quick pics with what patience I had left to be outside. I will have pics up of the weight of the hood compared to the stock (still has hood liner and everything) on my website once I get the time.

I'm not entirely 110% happy with the pics but they'll have to do for now.

BTW, I saw absolutely NO blemishes/scratches/dents/abnormalities on my hood and so far am very impressed. Emails in the sig and on my site if anyone has any ?'s.
Posted By: m!key Re: CF hood group buy - 02/17/03 10:42 PM
cool!
Posted By: BDR Re: CF hood group buy - 02/17/03 11:15 PM
Thanx!
i wasn't tryin to start s#!t, was just a little anxious for some kind of pics!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/18/03 02:04 PM
thanks chknhwk

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/18/03 03:42 PM
Now when are we getting these bad boys?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/18/03 04:11 PM
well i was going to see if Jeff could get the discount but people don't seem to fell like waiting on him, so as soon as i can get around in this snow, i'm gonna get prices from freight shipping places around here...and then you guys can decide to wait on Jeff or pay the regular price.

if you decide on Jeff, then when he gets his hood, he will have to take yours back to NY and ship from his work to get the discount.

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/18/03 06:23 PM
Just gimme some prices and times and I'll decide. Thanks alot Showtime.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/19/03 12:23 AM
skrilla -

I was in houghton this weekend....interesting place. I stayed at the phi tau house, went to the ambassador, the library, some other places with beer that I dont remember.

I can't believe you drive the tour up there.... TONS of snow!

Conor
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/19/03 01:39 AM
HAHA.....yeah winter carnival is the [censored]....i was drunk all weekend....The Tour is parked right now...prob till April or May when the snow is gone.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/19/03 03:13 PM
I'm getting my Camera back today, so i'll take some pics tonight or tomorrow and post them ASAP.

Conor...I'f i don't have to go to Jersey next weekend 28th
you want to meet in Ohio?
I should know definate by early next week, but if i do have to go to NJ, then the weekend after that (7th) should be good with me.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/19/03 03:37 PM
Its my birthday on friday and I have 2 choir concerts but let me check if I can maybe get something together for sat or sun.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/19/03 04:41 PM
the weekend after is probably better for me
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/19/03 04:57 PM
March 7th weekend should be fine with me so if thats better for you let me know.

Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/19/03 08:48 PM
is weekend the only possibility?

That weekend I leave for montana, the only day I could do it would be friday afternoon.
?
Posted By: BDR Re: CF hood group buy - 02/19/03 09:18 PM
sssoooo when are you gonna start shiping?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/19/03 09:20 PM
is weekend the only possibility?

That weekend I leave for montana, the only day I could do it would be friday afternoon.
?

if not the weekend i need notice in advance so i can use a sick day off of work.

what week day is good for you?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/19/03 09:23 PM
sssoooo when are you gonna start shiping?

I'm working on it...

i'm going to get some prices around here and then you can decide on if you want to pay regualar price or wait on Jeff.
To get his discount he said he would have to pick them up, take them back to NY and ship from his work.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/20/03 06:02 AM
probably a friday, then I can take them to MI on the weekend
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/20/03 02:15 PM
doesn't matter to me if they are cheaper to ship, right now i just want it!~!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/20/03 02:44 PM
I fianlly got my Cam back from the repair.

Here are the Pics sorry it took so long

sorry for some of the smears marks in the pics, but it was all wet this morning, and i had to dry it off to take the pics.

Posted By: BDR Re: CF hood group buy - 02/20/03 02:45 PM
even without the buisness discount, its still no more then $100, at the most!

Posted By: BDR Re: CF hood group buy - 02/20/03 02:50 PM
looks good can i get one?
soon?!
Posted By: m!key Re: CF hood group buy - 02/20/03 02:57 PM
oh man that is awesome! great job. i hope the pre 98s turn out as nice. good work.
Posted By: BDR Re: CF hood group buy - 02/20/03 04:53 PM
do you still have to attach the support like you said before?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/20/03 04:57 PM
do you still have to attach the support like you said before?

nope...the fiberglass frame is already attached.

Posted By: thepakrat Re: CF hood group buy - 02/20/03 05:25 PM
Showtime -

Any idea when we can arrange our meet to pick up mine and Petes hoods?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/20/03 07:41 PM
Showtime -

Any idea when we can arrange our meet to pick up mine and Petes hoods?

check your PM
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/20/03 07:47 PM
GOOD NEWS!!

I've been making calls and getting bad news/high prices on shipping.
BUT....I called greyhound and the box size just fits into there limits. and its about $50 or so depending on destination and the exact size weight of package (i gave him estimates on the phone)

So what I'm going to do is go to the shop this weekend to pick up a packaged up hood (the one at my house is out of the box)
take it to the greyhound station with eveyones zipcodes and get exact prices for everyone.
i'll let you know as soon as i can, and then you can send me the money or paypal it, and then i'll send them off to you.
does everyone have a greyhound station near them to pick up the package?

So figure on aprox $50

if you haven't PM or emailed me your address please do, so i can get you a price.

Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/20/03 09:03 PM
As long as they cover the items they ship and they have insurance, i don't want mine going ANYWHERE without safe covereage!!! But i have one local i just called the operation and checked~~~ Just in case here's my ZIP. 64152 or 64151. THANKS

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/21/03 04:48 PM
Just a Heads-up for you guys...

I'm going to be shipping these things in the box....when you go to pick them up you might have to take out of the box to trasport.

they will not fit into small SUV's, station wagons etc.. in the box.

to transport in the box you will need a regualar truck.

Even here i have to rely on my friend with the truck to pick up the hoods and take me to the greyhound station to ship them.

Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/21/03 11:28 PM
So does the GREYHOUD do insurance or what? or do you know yet... if you don't please ask~! I want my baby covered!!!
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/22/03 05:25 PM
Can't wait to get mine.
Posted By: zts4u2nv Re: CF hood group buy - 02/22/03 06:53 PM
Hey SVTnKC did you get my pm about the hood? If not Pm me I have some good news for you. Thanks, Jason D.
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/24/03 04:22 PM
showtime you have a website for those hood pins?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/24/03 04:51 PM
showtime you have a website for those hood pins?

here are all type brands/styles/prices..

Nokya hood pins
http://www.autosportz.com/accessories_hood-pins_nokya.htm

sparco hood pins
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/racerwheel/spr-01606s.html

ford motorsports hood pins
http://www.partshopper.com/catalog/itemdisplay/324.html

mustang mach 1 replica hood pins
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/mustangplace/musmacihoodp.html

misc. brands/styles
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/twincamtech/alhoodpin.html

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/sevensaturdays/hairpinstylh.html

http://www.quickcar.net/extras/ex_hoodpin.html

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/machv/hoodpins.html

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/tradesonic/hoodpinwitlo.html

I personally got mine off of ebay, so you can look there too.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 12:21 AM
here are all type brands/styles/prices..
Nokya hood pins
http://www.autosportz.com/accessories_hood-pins_nokya.htm
sparco hood pins
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/racerwheel/spr-01606s.html
ford motorsports hood pins
http://www.partshopper.com/catalog/itemdisplay/324.html
mustang mach 1 replica hood pins
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/mustangplace/musmacihoodp.html
misc. brands/styles
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/twincamtech/alhoodpin.html
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/sevensaturdays/hairpinstylh.html
http://www.quickcar.net/extras/ex_hoodpin.html
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/machv/hoodpins.html
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/tradesonic/hoodpinwitlo.html
I personally got mine off of ebay, so you can look there too.

Wow Jeremy, that's great! Thanks, brother!!!
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 01:20 AM
So my understanding is that there is no way around using hood pins? Anybody that has the hood already found anyway to install it with out hood pins?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 01:52 AM
i think you could go without pins...it will just take a while to get it to sit right.

i wasn't patient enough, plus i like hood pins, so thats why i did mine that way.

Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 02:32 AM
Dudes who I was in contact with about picking up hoods.

considering the time/gas/milage it would take me to pick up the hoods, I think it will be cheaper for all of us if showtime ships them greyhoud (assuming this goes through)
so as of now, thats what I'm plannin on. Sorry if this is a big pain for anyone but for that cheap, I can't see it being worth it to drive to get them with a gas guzzling truck.

Conor
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 02:40 AM
No problem man, as long as my hood doesn't accidentally end up in Nebraska!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 04:58 AM
Showtime.. just wondering.. cause i never saw a reasponse... DOES the Greyhound company provide coverage for the packages they ship!?!?!?!? Please let me know... and also if you got any of our rates yet~ Thanks man... oh and i'm in no hurry... we have 8 inches of snow here!~!
Posted By: woz_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 05:37 AM
Grayhound sounds like a plan for $50.
Posted By: woz_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 05:41 AM
Does anyone have any plans for the washer fluid spray thingy? Use the old one?

Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 06:00 AM
i think you could go without pins...it will just take a while to get it to sit right.i wasn't patient enough

i have a questoin about the fitment. is it tight all the way around? how about by the grill and headlight? from the pic, it looks like the hood just goes all the way across, without the little dip by the grill headlight. Thanks.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 02:28 PM
Originally posted by 1314:
i think you could go without pins...it will just take a while to get it to sit right.i wasn't patient enough

i have a questoin about the fitment. is it tight all the way around? how about by the grill and headlight? from the pic, it looks like the hood just goes all the way across, without the little dip by the grill headlight. Thanks.

Fitment is good not perfect but good...it does have the 2 points on each side of the oval.
I say the fitment is about 90-95%...i've never seen a CF hood fit 100% perfect anyway so all in all i think its decent especially since the quality is in the finish is so good.

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 02:32 PM
since it seems like more people want greyhound i'm going to need Addresses from everyone.

the hood will go to the greyhound station closest to your zip code.

I plan on going down to get prices on Wed. or Thurs. so everyone try to get me your addresses by then.

i will post the prices by this weekend, and then as soon as you get me the $ i will send it off.

the greyhound station is only like 5 mins from me, but i have to ask my friend to take the hoods in his truck, so i will probably be doing 2 shippments every week until they are aall shipped out.

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 02:34 PM
Showtime.. just wondering.. cause i never saw a reasponse... DOES the Greyhound company provide coverage for the packages they ship!?!?!?!? Please let me know... and also if you got any of our rates yet~ Thanks man... oh and i'm in no hurry... we have 8 inches of snow here!~!

i'll find out about insurance this week...i'm sure they do though.

yeah this snow sucks....we got another 2-3 inches this weekend.

i'll have the rates by this weekend.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/25/03 10:35 PM
Sweet, thanks for checking and let me know! Snow sucks i hear ya... i'm ready for the SUMM-A!~! Anyway PMed ya with my address!~!
Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/26/03 04:17 AM
Showtime - my closest address will probably show detroit but could you send it to the ann arborMI
terminal?

Thanks

Conor
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 02/26/03 07:45 AM

Fitment is good not perfect but good...it does have the 2 points on each side of the oval.
I say the fitment is about 90-95%...i've never seen a CF hood fit 100% perfect anyway so all in all i think its decent especially since the quality is in the finish is so good.

gotcha. my buddy has a cf hood on his accord and the fitment isn't perfect either. and it's from a reputable company. i didn't think it had the two points on the side of the oval, but if you say so .
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: CF hood group buy - 03/01/03 03:37 AM
Is it too late for me to get in on this group buy? for my 98 CSVT? please let me know PM or e-mail (Qwk98svt@aol.com) thank you

-Jeff-

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/01/03 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Qwk98svt:
Is it too late for me to get in on this group buy? for my 98 CSVT? please let me know PM or e-mail (Qwk98svt@aol.com) thank you

-Jeff-

yeah its too late
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/01/03 04:29 PM
The Price is going to be $50

I need everyones address and phone number and what greyhound station you want it sent to (closest city)
if you don't know i can figure it out with the guy that works at the station, and just let you know were its going.

for those of you who sent me your addresses already just hook me up with your phone numbers where you want it sent.

SVTnKC....they do have insurance...its like $3 but thats included in the $50..i'm assuming everyone wnats it.

thanks
jeremy
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/02/03 08:31 PM

-Jeff-

yeah its too late

Hey Jeremy, didn't you say something earlier about ordering from the company direct b/c they would continue production? I guess if he just goes back a couple of pages and reads through all the posts he could find it...or maybe you remember saying something about that?
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/02/03 09:07 PM
50$ in the mail monday to ya!!! EMmmm soo close!
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/03/03 12:23 AM
whoa. hey showtime, you ready for money to be sent for shipping? you should already have my address, phone number, etc.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/03/03 02:06 PM

-Jeff-

yeah its too late

Hey Jeremy, didn't you say something earlier about ordering from the company direct b/c they would continue production? I guess if he just goes back a couple of pages and reads through all the posts he could find it...or maybe you remember saying something about that?

last time a talked with him he said he was not going to sell to the public...so we have the only 24 in existance.
He said if i wanted more he would sell directly to me, but it would take 6wks or so to have them shipped from overseas again....i don't think i will be ordering anymore any time soon...its a pain in the ass dealing with all of it.

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/03/03 02:27 PM
whoa. hey showtime, you ready for money to be sent for shipping? you should already have my address, phone number, etc.

yeah got all your info, so either send a check/money order to:

jeremy mayhew
3219 joe hammer sq
pittsburgh, pa 15213

or paypal...my id is: jmayhew@fcas.pitt.edu

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/04/03 03:55 PM
I'm sending hoods out on either Wed. or Thurs.

Below is a list of people who I have recieved money from and their hood will go out this week.

Mike W.

Posted By: tckn19s_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/04/03 05:52 PM
I just sent you $50 via PayPal.
Do you still have my shipping info?

Bernie
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/04/03 06:39 PM
Originally posted by lilbern:
I just sent you $50 via PayPal.
Do you still have my shipping info?

Bernie

I got your address, but i need you to PM me your phone #
so I can give it to them so they can call you when it gets there.

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/04/03 06:41 PM
Just updating list of people whos hood will go out this week.

Below is a list of people who I have recieved money from and their hood will go out this week.

Mike W.
Bernie W.

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/04/03 10:06 PM
List of people who have recieved their hoods

Ash
chknhwk
thepakrat
svtpete
imprtkllr (from sergey)
myself

just and FYI....josh "thepakrat" got the latch to work...i believe he took the latch off of the car, redrilled the holes, and then reattached it to the car 1/8" higher and then the latch worked fine.
So if you guys have any questions, i'm sure he would help you out.

Posted By: Conor7seven_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/04/03 10:11 PM
money paypalled!

how do we know when to pick them up showtime?
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/04/03 11:59 PM
money sent through paypal a few minutes ago. am i on the list for hoods going out this week?
Posted By: thepakrat Re: CF hood group buy - 03/05/03 01:34 AM
josh "thepakrat" got the latch to work...i believe he took the latch off of the car, redrilled the holes, and then reattached it to the car 1/8" higher and then the latch worked fine.
So if you guys have any questions, i'm sure he would help you out.

Actually I took the latch off, drilled about 1/4 inch down and then dremeled out between the old hole and new one, to make one big "square". Bad news is that 1/4 inch may not be enough, I still have to push fairly hard on it to make it click the second time. I am going to drill down another 1/8" and check it again maybe Thursday when I have time.

Still having trouble with the front fitment though, even with the latch done the drivers side is about 1/2" above the corner panel, and you can actually barely see inside the engine compartment through the gap. Most likely getting a set of hood pins in the near future.

If anybody needs technical advice, PM me.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/05/03 02:05 PM
money paypalled!

how do we know when to pick them up showtime?

they will call you once it gets there.

thats why i needed everyones phone #
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/05/03 02:07 PM
thanks for the info and help pakrat
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/05/03 02:57 PM
Just updating list of people whos hood will go out this week.

Mike W.
Bernie W.
Conor
1314/Erick

Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/05/03 06:22 PM
Showtime my check went in the mail today and i'll PM you my #!~! THANKS

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/05/03 06:49 PM
I'lll be sending a money order 2morrow. 50 right?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/05/03 07:23 PM
I'lll be sending a money order 2morrow. 50 right?

Right
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/06/03 02:02 PM
Hoods that went out yesterday....
I took them to the station at 5:30-6

Mike W. (left Pgh at 12mid)
Bernie W. (left Pgh at 7pm)
Conor (left Pgh at 9)

He said they should all be there today sometime.

I can only take 3 at a time...my firends truck had a hard cover on the bed.
So i'm taking them down in the order i get the shipping $.

These hoods will go out today

1314/Erick
Bobby N.

Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/06/03 05:07 PM
thanks big time. if mine gos ou today, it should be here on friday or saturday, woohoo.
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 03/07/03 12:10 AM
MINES STRANDED IN CLEVELAND TIL TOMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How impatient am I?
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 03/07/03 02:23 AM
Correction to prior post : MY HOOD IS IN!!!!!!!!! Woohoo! To Greyhound and then on to the bar to celebrate!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/07/03 04:52 AM
Mines still at SHOWTIMES house! YE...Wait a tick! damn! that sucks!
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 03/07/03 11:34 PM
Heres a lil info for you guys who want to get what you want in life...or just get your hood out of the grimy Greyhound guys hands I pulled up to Greyhound at about 9:55. The signs says they're open until 10:00. So i'm thinking cool i'm getting my hood. I walk inside and the guys says that they close the Package Express at 9:30! I said "are you kidding me? Your sign says 10:00! I don't thikn you get it! This hood has to be on a customers car at 8 in the morning for a car show this weekend." Guess who walked away with their hood in hand?!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/08/03 01:46 AM
good work Mike....hope you all enjoy!!!
Posted By: tckn19s_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/08/03 02:43 AM
Got mine yesterday.
I took it out of the box and it fit right in my trunk perfectly with the seats down obviously. I could have fit like 10 of them in there.
I have it sitting in my living room letting the Zaino dry. A couple more coats and on it goes.

Thanks Showtime,

Bernie Williamson
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/08/03 04:45 AM
how do we know when they arrive at Greyhound? Do they really call you? is there some kind of tracking number or something and do we just show up, tell them our name, and get the hood?
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/08/03 04:53 PM
how do we know when they arrive at Greyhound? Do they really call you? is there some kind of tracking number or something and do we just show up, tell them our name, and get the hood?

They are supposed to call you...someone here will have to let you know the process of picking it up...probably have to show ID

Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 03/08/03 05:02 PM
They do call you at whatever number you gave Showtime. But just remember their offices close earlier than there signs say so be prepared! No ID needed. Just your name. If you're bringing it home in the box it is VERY LARGE! Fits SNUG in the back of a minivan.
Posted By: thepakrat Re: CF hood group buy - 03/08/03 10:47 PM
Update on hood fitting. I dremeled out more to make the holes even bigger, which brings the latch up higher. With the latch up all the way I can no longer close the hood at all, fully. I have however found out that the "raising" on the front drivers side is caused by the latch, without the latch, the hood lays perfectly fine.

I took a picture of the latch and what I modified on it, if somebody wants to host it, I'll email it out, cause I know at least one other CEG'er who wants to see it. Let me know.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/09/03 02:58 AM
Update on hood fitting. I dremeled out more to make the holes even bigger, which brings the latch up higher. With the latch up all the way I can no longer close the hood at all, fully. I have however found out that the "raising" on the front drivers side is caused by the latch, without the latch, the hood lays perfectly fine.

I took a picture of the latch and what I modified on it, if somebody wants to host it, I'll email it out, cause I know at least one other CEG'er who wants to see it. Let me know.

pakrat....could you email me those pics

i'd like to check them out.

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/09/03 03:05 AM
Question to all who have recieved their hood....

were the 4 hole (2 on each side) predrilled on everyone hood
I'm talking about the holes to attach to hinges.

I've checked 3 hoods and they all were, but Bobby called me lastnight and said his had that black tape over where the holes should be (4 small pieces of tape)...i told him that maybe the hole were behind them...did anyone elses hood have this??

I haven't talked to him since, so i don't know what the outcome was, but it seemed strange to me.

my hood had the holes open, the 2 I gave to Ash had the holes, and i think i remember seeing them on the 2 pakrat picked up...also there is one in my house out of the box waiting to be picked up by caleb, and it has the holes.
I don't want to open up any of the sealed boxes that are going to be shipped out, so i just wanted to ask the people who got theirs through greyhound if it had the holes?

Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF hood group buy - 03/09/03 03:52 AM
Mine has 4 threaded metal inserts.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/09/03 04:55 AM
Send me those pics also. i'll host them if ya want.

erickrd AT hotmail DOT com
Posted By: 1314_dup1 LATCH MOD FOR HOOD - 03/10/03 04:58 AM
umm. pakrat will have to explain, but here are his pics of the latch work that he did.

pak: if you want to start a thread somewhere else with the pics, feel free. i couldn't decide what forum to put them in

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: LATCH MOD FOR HOOD - 03/11/03 02:10 PM
FYI...for people sending cash for shippment...plese let me know the city of the greyhound station you want it sent to.

Paul & Jeff I got your moneyorders, but i need to know what citys you want your hoods sent to....where is the closest station for you to get to.
Posted By: Kool Aid_dup1 Re: LATCH MOD FOR HOOD - 03/11/03 02:59 PM
Paul & Jeff I got your moneyorders, but i need to know what citys you want your hoods sent to....where is the closest station for you to get to.

I just sent you a PM.
Here's the station
1684 EXPRESSWAY DR S
HAUPPAUGE, NY
Islip NY 11788

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: LATCH MOD FOR HOOD - 03/11/03 05:47 PM
Showtime check you PM's.
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/12/03 03:47 PM
I'm shipping two hoods out tonight

Kool Aid
Skrilla
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/12/03 05:17 PM
Thanks Showtime. Can't wait to get it!
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/13/03 12:47 AM
Showtime, Just wondering, did you get my check yet?!?! THANKS
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/13/03 01:04 PM

not yet
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/13/03 09:36 PM

not yet

REALLY?!?!?! Dang mail people! Well it should be in your hands soon!~!
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/15/03 06:50 PM
My hood came in today. It wouldnt fit in any of are vehicles so I ended up walking 6 blocks down to my moms house with hood in hand.

Thanks so much Showtime!

Posted By: Kool Aid_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/15/03 08:52 PM
My hood came in today. It wouldnt fit in any of are vehicles so I ended up walking 6 blocks down to my moms house with hood in hand.

That Must Have been a Funny Site But you have to do what you have to Do

I got Mine On Friday I took It out of the Box And put It In The Back Of a Trailbalzer.

Thanks Again Showtime.You must have a lot Of patience to do this Group Buy
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: CF hood group buy - 03/16/03 12:50 AM
I just put my hood on today... And on mine I noticed the sqaurish hook that goes into the latch... The part on the hood, The railing was fatter than on the stock hood so I had to grind that down mybe 1/8 of an inch. Then I dremled out my latch too probably about 1/8-1/4 of an inch to raise it up, and belive it or not it lined up with my grill perfect! BUT then the hood was unstable, when you pushed on it it was very flemsy and would raise either side significatly like rocking a boat. So then I put some thick weather stripping on the fender directly under where he hood meets the fender, right on the edge, So then the hood would fit securly because of it pushing down on the weather striping AND it would keep water from leaking in. I highly recomend the weather stripping! But if you do not want to use hood pins like me, personally I don't like hood pins. This is how I did it. I hope I helped someone out. I will have pics soon!
Posted By: m!key Re: CF hood group buy - 03/16/03 02:52 AM
that sounds like a plan. first the morettes and now the CF hood?! what a week it has been for you. cant wait to see the pics.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/16/03 04:17 PM
i really really hope you can get the pics up some time today. i planned on doing the hood pins today.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/16/03 07:44 PM
What type of wax should I use to make the hood more shiny?
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/17/03 05:07 AM
Showtime..... you get my check yet?!?!?!?!??!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/17/03 02:12 PM

It didn't come Saturday....maybe today...i won't get home to check my mail until 5-5:30, so i'll let you know tonight or tomorrow.

Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/18/03 01:41 PM

I got it yesterday....i'll probably be sending it out tomorrow (Wed.) Have to see when my friend with the truck can take me.

Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/18/03 06:05 PM
EXCELLENT!!!! THANKS!~!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/20/03 01:33 PM
Hoods sent out yesterday

Eric G.
Jason B.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/20/03 10:08 PM
GOT MY HOOD TODAY!!! LOOKS Great!~! Now i just have to put it on...
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: LATCH MOD FOR HOOD - 03/27/03 05:37 AM

Well i did this to my hood latch~ Just like 1314 did~ Then i also had to sand my latch on the CF hood down alittle, because it was bent to the side a little and too fat to fit into and latch down~ Other than that she lines up PERFECT! i'll send in some pics when i get them developed!!!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/27/03 01:58 PM
these hoods will be going out on next shippment

Jason B. going to Pontiac MI. greyhound
Nick J. going to Islip NY. greyhound
Matt B. going to King of Prussia PA. greyhound

I'll let you know when my friend can take me downtown in his truck.
sorry for the delay.

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/27/03 09:33 PM
After you dremel the latch can you still use the stock hood? I plan on changing hoods from the stock one to carbon fiber every now and then. Would I still be able to do that after the latch is dremeled?
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: CF hood group buy - 03/27/03 09:57 PM
After you dremel the latch can you still use the stock hood? I plan on changing hoods from the stock one to carbon fiber every now and then. Would I still be able to do that after the latch is dremeled?

The latch loop on the CF hood needs to be dremeled - it's too thick (compare the loops between the CF and OEM hoods).

The holes in the latch need to be enlarged/moved so that the CF hood will lock.

If/when you decide to put the OEM hood back on, you will have to loosen the screws on the latch and move it back to the OEM position, and vice versa.

HTH
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/28/03 04:52 AM
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:

The latch loop on the CF hood needs to be dremeled - it's too thick (compare the loops between the CF and OEM hoods).

If/when you decide to put the OEM hood back on, you will have to loosen the screws on the latch and move it back to the OEM position, and vice versa.

HTH

I haven't even started to attempt my CF hood install (don't want anyone to mess it up when the 3.0L goes in) but I was wondering: instead of dremelling out the latches on the hood is it possible to move the mounting points on the car up by removing and butt-welding back onto the frame? Might look cleaner... Any thoughts Pete??
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/28/03 05:49 AM
instead of dremelling out the latches on the hood is it possible to move the mounting points on the car up by removing and butt-welding back onto the frame?

Well, i'd definitely rather go that route, but wouldn't know how to. I need to go to the garage and take a real good look. I totally jacked my stock latch up. My hood seems to have been warped a bit and lining it up was a pain. Using a dremel like the above pic didn't work out because i had to dremel some more material to the right, which barely worked because you don't have a lot of room. So, as of now, it's only held on by the right screw and hood pins (which i think i would've needed anyway. and i painted them black and feel they look ok). I'm ordering another latch lock (20 bucks new from Bill, so i'm guessing a lot cheaper from a junkyard).

I hope someone can find a way to remove the screws before i attempt to.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: CF hood group buy - 03/28/03 06:48 AM

HTH

I haven't even started to attempt my CF hood install (don't want anyone to mess it up when the 3.0L goes in) but I was wondering: instead of dremelling out the latches on the hood is it possible to move the mounting points on the car up by removing and butt-welding back onto the frame? Might look cleaner... Any thoughts Pete??

In theory, that would be ideal. But it wouldn't be realistic for the following reasons:

1. Time - dremeling out the latch vs. moving mounting points and welding

2. Adjustability - by dremeling out the latch, it allows you to "fine tune" the fitment of the hood. If you moved the mounting points and reewlded, you would need to know exactly where to weld it back on. Nearly impossible.

3. Dremeling doesn't look bad. All you see are the original square holes.

4. Appearance - how often does anyone ever look down in there behind the oval and the grille?

Dremeling the latch and hood pins are the only way to keep the hood locked down tight.

What bothers me is the fact that the hood is about 1/2 inch too short, my clearcoat is poorly done around the edges, and the washer nozzle indentations.

Still, looks great though!
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/28/03 06:53 AM
What bothers me is the fact that the hood is about 1/2 inch too short, my clearcoat is poorly done around the edges, and the washer nozzle indentations.

Exactly how i feel.
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 03/28/03 08:17 PM

Exactly how i feel.

I would have to third that! But still better than my stock hood by far!
Posted By: showtime_dup1 Re: CF hood group buy - 04/01/03 01:43 PM
these hoods will be going out on next shippment

Jason B. going to Pontiac MI. greyhound
Nick J. going to Islip NY. greyhound
Matt B. going to King of Prussia PA. greyhound

I'll let you know when my friend can take me downtown in his truck.
sorry for the delay.

these hoods went out yesterday...you guys should have them sometime today, or early tomorrow at the latest.

Hoods to go out Thurs:
Neil M.
John W.

© CEG Archives