Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: jiako_dup1 Baffled Oil Pan - 08/18/02 03:00 PM
The new oil pant costs 90+ shipping. The kit includes a new revised oil pan, new blots, gasket and dtrain plug. Its a great buy and you cant go wrong for 90$.
If you have any questions email mail me jiako@aol.com

check or paypal excepted.

home address available upon request.
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/18/02 06:08 PM
Can you mention a couple of advantages of this oil pan?
Any clearance issues?
Posted By: Lehinger Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/18/02 08:01 PM
Jlako - Can you post any pics? I'm interested. Is this a new pan, or baffles to put in my pan? Core charge?
THX!
Lee
Posted By: NorCalCoug_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/19/02 05:53 AM
IIRC, Mirko Racing also offers modified oil pans similar to this. I don't know if their pictures show much though. link
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/19/02 02:34 PM
Very Interested!
Pics?
Core exchange?

-Andy
Posted By: jiako_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/19/02 03:21 PM
sorry i have now pics. I already installed one on my car because of a little incident i had with a pot hole. what this pan has that is different that on the shallow portion of the pan there are like 2 raised portions(baffles) that are made into the casting. what this does is keep all the oil from foin into a corner of the pan while making hard turns which will help the oil starvation problems.

No core is needed. It is a BRAND NEW oil pan with gaskets new bolts to mount it to the engine and the bellhousing and new drain plug.
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/19/02 04:26 PM
It sound to good to be true for $90! Unless Ford made the change!

-Andy
Posted By: Lehinger Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/19/02 05:31 PM
jlako - Please give some detail about the pan. Are there added baffles, etc?
THX! Lee
Where are you located? How does your car like the eibach lowering - can you get a jack under it?
Posted By: jiako_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/19/02 06:53 PM
the stock oil pan has no baffles. if you have a chance to drop it and take a look there is nothing there at alll.....now on the revised oil pan that ford has released for all new applications there are too elongated shark fin shaped baffles located on the shallow portion of the oil pan.
Posted By: CJ 2000 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/19/02 07:48 PM
How much work are we talking in replacing oil pans?
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/20/02 03:54 AM
this is a ford product?
Posted By: Lehinger Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/21/02 04:36 PM
Jlako - Please give more info - how to order, how hard is it to install, is it a ford part, etc?
THX!
Posted By: jiako_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/21/02 06:10 PM
Its rather easy to install. Just make sure u ahve some lubricant to get some of those ruff bolts off. I just got off the phone with the guy at ford and he advised to me take 15 for shipping to be safe. So now the total price is 105 shipped to your door. please send payments to jiako@aol.com via paypal

or send checks to

giacomo abrusci
17 beacon blvd
keansburg, nj 07734

after the list gets together and all money collected it should take about a week to 10 days to get to ur door step.
Posted By: kinger_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/21/02 06:24 PM
Would it be easier to call him directly and have him ship it out? Just wondering cause I thought in your original post that you got it for $90 and that was regular price, did he give you a discount then? Not trying to say anything here just seeing if you need to go through all this effort. I'll paypal asap though. Thanks Jiako!

Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/21/02 06:37 PM
pics?...
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/21/02 06:53 PM
Ok, so how many do you haave and how soon are we looking? I don't want to send out money, and wait a month-month a half.
Posted By: PuckPuck_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/21/02 07:21 PM
I would like to see pics of the oil pan itself... where exactly are the baffles etc...
Posted By: Dan Nixon_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/22/02 04:06 PM
Very interested.

Did they add any external cooling fins?
Can you replace the pan without pulling the Y-pipe?

Thanks,
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/22/02 04:50 PM
Originally posted by jiako:
Its rather easy to install. Just make sure u ahve some lubricant to get some of those ruff bolts off. I just got off the phone with the guy at ford and he advised to me take 15 for shipping to be safe. So now the total price is 105 shipped to your door. please send payments to jiako@aol.com via paypal

or send checks to

giacomo abrusci
17 beacon blvd
keansburg, nj 07734

after the list gets together and all money collected it should take about a week to 10 days to get to ur door step.

Mine had baffles one actually. But I do remember it being there when I dropped the pan to put a new seal in.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/22/02 06:44 PM
lemme guess, this is for the duratec right??
Posted By: jiako_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 08/26/02 06:27 PM
id say about 2-3 hrs of work....mostly becasue of stubborn bolts. its not too much work if u are at a shop at all....u have 2 bolts to drop the y-pipe and then about 13 other bolts....thats it.
Posted By: jiako_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 09/05/02 01:58 PM
this group buy is in process. 3 have been already sent out and everything is starting to go smooth. anyone one else wants in just drop an email or send a paypal to jiako@aol.com.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 09/05/02 07:52 PM
did you buy chance ever get any pics?
Posted By: JasonS_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 09/05/02 08:44 PM
Originally posted by tricked96:

Is there any other? j/k!!!

Posted By: jiako_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 09/06/02 02:08 PM
no sory....i havent opened the boxes on the next order i will. sorry bout that.
Posted By: jiako_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 09/18/02 03:35 PM
anyone else.....just let me know. they can be had at any time
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 09/18/02 06:31 PM
i just paypaled you. . .

Suneil
Posted By: csc99svt Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 09/19/02 03:40 AM
Originally posted by JasonS:
Originally posted by tricked96:

Is there any other? j/k!!!

guess what so i made that crack about the duratecs right!? well as you can see, my name has changed and i drive a duratec now.........go figure!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 09/19/02 03:48 AM
welcome to da club dawg, you can bark with the big ones now. . . okay, enough of that ghetto crap.
Posted By: jiako_dup1 Re: Baffled Oil Pan - 09/20/02 01:45 PM
will be sent on monday
© CEG Archives