Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Micah_dup1 pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/16/02 07:12 AM
hey guys we are back, I have 4 bumpers sitting at my house that I just got. These bumpers will be shipping out tommorrow and I will let you know who I shipped them too tommorrow also. could the person who saved the gb post reply with the main list please. you know who you are

Everyone, thank you for understanding through this time. I know it has been a LONG time and it will be soon over.

Micah
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/16/02 11:27 AM
sweeet! thanks for everything micah.
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/16/02 04:24 PM
In reply to:

Originally posted by slick2401
sweeet! thanks for everything micah.

yeah what he said but X 80!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/16/02 07:07 PM
In reply to:

Originally posted by mdawg28
hey guys we are back, I have 4 bumpers sitting at my house that I just got. These bumpers will be shipping out tommorrow and I will let you know who I shipped them too tommorrow also. could the person who saved the gb post reply with the main list please. you know who you are

Everyone, thank you for understanding through this time. I know it has been a LONG time and it will be soon over.

Micah

Request Granted

Did you want this one:

KjGolf "Paid shipping"
Bicycle019 "Paid shipping"
95mid "Shipped"
knukoncept "Paid shipping"
cliffgump "Paid shipping"
dpa43 "shipped"
midnight95se "paid shipping"
slick 95 gl "paid shipping"

Or this one:

(1)Christopher Norris = Plastique_synthetiX "shipped"
(2)Chris Cornwell = Tricked96 "holding"
(3)Kevin Jensen = kjgolf09 "in shippng"
(4)Alexander Strouthopoulos = Bicycle019 "in shippng"
(5)Andrew Cameron = 95mid "in shippng"
(6)William Greenberg = KnuKoncepts "in shippng"
(7)Theodore Tegen = Cliffgump "in shippng"
(8)Michael Laskonis = Mikey Boy "Delivered"
(9)David Aase = DPA43 "in shippng"
(10)Paul Swift = midnight95se "in shippng"
(11)Brian Hamilton = Slick 95 GL "in shippng"
(12)Joel Burton = jmburton " PAID IN FULL"
(13)Chris Bertrand = lmaoatmy95gl "PAID IN FULL"
(14)Roland Stiller = el contouro "paid $360"
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/16/02 10:13 PM
Hey guys,

No bumpers went out today. I packed loaded them in the truck headed to greyhound and truck brakes failed and caused a 4 car pile up. I am ok, no one was hurt, majorly shaking right now. I am going to check tonight to see if any of the bumpers got damage from the accident. If not they will ship out monday, talk about the worst luck! here is the list of people that were going to be ship and will be shipping out on monday.

Alex S.
Kevin J.
bill G.

these will be shipping out monday as long as there is no damage. I will post on monday to let you know. with tracking #

thanks for the list!

KjGolf "will be shipping"
Bicycle019 "will be shipping"
95mid "Shipped"
knukoncept "will be shipping"
dpa43 "shipped"

(3)Kevin Jensen = kjgolf09 "Will be shipped"
(4)Alexander Strouthopoulos = Bicycle019 "Will be shipped"
(5)Andrew Cameron = 95mid "in shippng"
(6)William Greenberg = KnuKoncepts "Will be shipped"
(9)David Aase = DPA43 "in shippng"
(12)Joel Burton = jmburton " PAID IN FULL"
(14)Roland Stiller = el contouro "paid $360"

Micah
Posted By: Bicycle019_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/16/02 10:51 PM
Once again I'll say it.... YOU DA MAN MICAH!!!
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/16/02 11:08 PM
THANKS MICAH...ANY IDEA WHEN THE OTHER BATCH WILL BE READY? I HAVE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE FRONT..WILL POST PICS SOON.
Posted By: NinetySevenGL Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/18/02 05:16 PM

Micah,

After a short delay...you did deliver and I thank you for the great quality clip. Other than Greyhound losing it for 3 days...I received A-OK and is in the shop waiting to be painted! Thank man....I will be posting pics soon!

Dave in Ohio!
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/19/02 03:22 PM
well after inspection they look like they are going to be fine. I am going to suggest some things for everyone when they get there bumper.

1) inspect bumper before leaving Greyhound if it looks damaged, file a report. Greyhound will not cover the package if you have taken it home then realized something was wrong.

2) do some work to it, you guys are test subjects in a way. I feel like they are strong enough to hold up to daily driving and bumps, but I wont bet the farm on it. inspect the bumper and add strength to places where you think there should be more. there is no such thing as to strong.

3) Undercoat! the back of the bumper should be undercoated to make sure there is no carbon showing without resin. carbon is just like steel it is curosive and will fall apart if shown to water for a while.

I think that is pretty much it I will come up with more things later

Micah
Posted By: kjgolf09_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/19/02 08:47 PM
DId they ship today as planned Micah?
Posted By: SVTtheory Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/19/02 09:50 PM
well i got my bumper micah and it is at the body shop being worked on.........my bumper had two cracks in it....we found after a few coats of primer went on initially......they were on the very top of the bumper, and were very symmetrical......i am figuring a manufacturing thing, no biggie though, bumper should be installed as early as wed, as late as fri........will try to get pics up........

any suggestions as to "reinforcing" the bumper?
Posted By: csc99svt Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/20/02 02:50 AM
that is me up above....i realize now, that whatever name you signed up with long ago is the name that is now displayed so i just registered again...

but thanks again Micah for everything and i will try to get pics up soon!
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/20/02 01:08 PM
alright, 2 bumpers shipped yesterday. due to the fact I dont have a truck, I had to make a trip for each bumper. I will be shipping today too and will let you know who it is for.

Reinforcement would be adding some fiberglass, well you can get fiberglass material at a car parts store then get some boat resin or something to that degree, add the material and resin in places you think is needed. I think the side of the bumper where it wraps around would be a good place for strength also place where the bolts go maybe. the place where you put it is up to you. But if you dont reinforce make sure to undercoat the back of the bumper.

Micah
Posted By: contourd_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/20/02 07:18 PM
Wasssuuuupppp Micah??? Are you still comming down here??? Inquiring minds would like to know...
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/25/02 02:58 PM
we're dropping to the bottom of the totem poll.

TTT
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/26/02 03:38 AM
So who got the two bumpers that were just shipped? I dont want mine to be sitting at Greyhoud for a week without knowing it
Posted By: Bicycle019_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/26/02 06:11 PM
I've got one on the way...it should be here today/tomorrow.
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/27/02 02:51 AM
N. E. Word on the bumpers? Anyone know anything new? Micah?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/27/02 05:15 AM
sorry guys,

that accident real came at the worst time, getting everything taking care of now. 1-2 more will be shipping tommorrow, I will call you and post here to let you know who you are.

Micah
Posted By: 96mystiquezetec_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/27/02 05:41 AM
Micah, since you worked on these bumpers to make them fit a pre 98 contour you might be able to help me out. How much work would it take to make one of these bumpers fit a pre 98 mystique, or else how much money do you think it would cost to have a shop make the bumper fit?
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/28/02 02:42 AM
Micah, what about the bumper someone said they were having trouble with? They couldn't get it painted or something? What do we all need to do? I know we have to reinforce. Thanks
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/28/02 03:39 AM
I just found out about it today, I gave him my cell and waiting for call from him. I dont understand why a place would not paint it. if they turn down a bumper to paint, I wonder how many cars they turn down cause they are damaged. I can understand if you went to a dealer to have it painted but Not a repair shop. I will let everyone know whats going on with that bumper Once he gives me a call. I dont think you have anything to worry about. atleast 3 people have had theres painted and I have brought once of the bumpers to 4 places to check painting cost, they all would do it. there is prep work to get the bumper ready to be painted but there is no reason why they cant do that and paint it.

I shipped out a bumper today, maybe shipping out 2 tommorrow. will let you know if I shipped your bumper.

Micah
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/28/02 04:00 AM

(14)Roland Stiller = el contouro "paid $360

Almost there guys!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/28/02 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Micah:

Almost there guys!

Hey Micah do you need me to cough up some money for shipping to help out a lil. May not be muh but i thought it would help.

Chris
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/29/02 01:43 AM
Does 'in shipping' mean that it is on its way? Or in the process of being shipped, as in not shipped yet.. Just wondering.. Also, Micah, I sent you an e-mail a while ago asking you to ship the bumper to East Lansing. Just wondering if you ever got that mail, I never recieved a reply.. Hope to hear from you.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/29/02 02:09 AM
well i got my bumper installed today......i guess this makes me #005....?? i am thinking of putting that on the front bumper, the way that saleen mustangs are numbered.......anywho.....i will work on getting some pics once i get back from the mustang grand nationals......peace.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/29/02 01:28 PM
alright, if it says in shipping, means you paid shipping and are next to get shipped. anyone who hasnt paid shipping could send the money at any time. along with an address of where you live and greyhound you want to pick it up at.

I went to check out the bumpers, they are doing research on new ways and will be creating the rest of them soon. they gave me a time of 1-2 weeks on reciveing the rest of them. everyones bumper will ship out once I recieve that order.

Thank you everyone for your understanding!!!!

people in the group buy that have recieved the bumper please post here. I need to get a head count.

Micah
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 08/30/02 03:22 AM
Got mine today, had a slight crap on the top inside corner, not a problem though, can easily be fixed. Other than that it looks real good and real light.
Posted By: Bicycle019_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/04/02 05:20 AM
Picked mine up today. Looks good - no shipping damage save one small crack - easily fixed by my buddy who works in carbon fiber.

It had been sitting for a week at the station...no one called and I was moving so I just spaced it till tonight. Plans are to do more finish work to the inside, prep it, and bring it and the SVT side skirts I have to the paintshop.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/04/02 01:33 PM
thanks guys! send some pics when you get them painted!

Micah
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/05/02 07:02 PM
Money order went out tuesday, so you should get it tomorrow or staurday. All info was included
Posted By: 97CS Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/06/02 03:52 AM
Micah, I just kinda got into all of this, can I order a front bumper still? Also can I get some sideskirts, or who can I go to?
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/06/02 04:43 AM
Again, Micah, Have you recieved the E-mail about sending my Bumper to East Lansing Greyhound? I just want to make sure./
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/06/02 02:06 PM
Hey,

Yea you can still get one. just Pm me or e-mail me and I will let you know all the facts. micah_trudell@hotmail.com

Midnight, I did recieve you e-mail. thought I sent you one back? guess not. Yea, once they are done yours will be sent out. sorry it took so long for me to respond to your question.

Micah
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/09/02 06:44 PM
Any news??
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/12/02 01:09 AM

Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/12/02 02:19 AM
::ccshhhhhhhttt:: Come in Micah :ccsshhhhhhtt::
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/12/02 12:48 PM
lol

Hey guys, going to the place today to see if any are ready. they have been waiting on a new type of resin, one the can flex more. I dont know if they have recieved it or not. I will bring update tonight.

Micah
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/15/02 03:45 PM
lol

Hey guys, going to the place today to see if any are ready. they have been waiting on a new type of resin, one the can flex more. I dont know if they have recieved it or not. I will bring update tonight.

Micah

Micah any news on the bumpers...drop us a line or two.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/16/02 02:44 AM
are you in the group buy? name isnt on the list, or did you change the name. new resin is still be delivered and isnt there yet. I will have one I think tommorrow and will send it out probally tuesday if I pick it up on monday. will let you know tommorrow if I picked it up or not. they said it would be ready.

Micah
Posted By: kjgolf09_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/16/02 10:44 PM
Since I am getting rid of my contour I still have my carbon fiber front bumper clip. I am willing to part with it for $400 if anyone is interested plus shipping of course.
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/17/02 12:19 AM
are you in the group buy? name isnt on the list, or did you change the name. new resin is still be delivered and isnt there yet. I will have one I think tommorrow and will send it out probally tuesday if I pick it up on monday. will let you know tommorrow if I picked it up or not. they said it would be ready.

Micah

Yes I am in the group buy....I am the guy cliffgump sold his bumper to. I have e-mailed you the information for greyhound shipping. Call me if there are any problems..(601) 660-8985
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/17/02 05:19 PM
hey guys,

went there today, they will have one ready tommorrow. I will ship it out this week. the following ones will be shipped out soon, they are still waiting on resin. sorry for the delay.

Micah
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/17/02 05:27 PM
lmaoatmy95gl "paid Shipping"

(13)Chris Bertrand = lmaoatmy95gl "in shipping"

just an update. will keep you posted

Micah
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/22/02 01:47 PM
Do Be Do Be Dooooooo.....................
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/25/02 12:53 AM
2 da top
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/25/02 01:38 AM
Micah, Its been a few days...anything new? Do you think the new resin will allow us to be able to place the bumper on without any extra work? Your thoughts please..
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/25/02 02:58 PM
hey guys,
went there today, they will have one ready tommorrow. I will ship it out this week. the following ones will be shipped out soon, they are still waiting on resin. sorry for the delay.
Micah

Everything on schedule? Let's hope so. :::crossing fingers:::
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/25/02 08:20 PM
COULD SOMEONE POST A PIC OF THE BUMPER...I MEAN WITH IT PAINTED...I NEED SOMETHING TO SHOW TO MY SHOP..JUST FOR A LOOKSY. YOUR PIC WOULD BE GLADLY APPRECIATED..
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/25/02 08:58 PM
Sure, here this is Mike's car. Looks Beautiful!!
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/29/02 02:45 PM
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/30/02 03:07 PM
Hey guys,

I am really sorry about this, it seems they are giving me the run around. the resin is supposed to be in any day I havent heard anything, I am supposed to get some soon But i have no date. I dont know what to say, I will be picking up one today, they told me one was made from the new resin from another order. I will be shipping it this week. I wish I had better news. I will keep you posted once I hear about the resin arival. again I am sorry.

Micah
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/30/02 03:19 PM
I think I'm gunna cry.
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/30/02 04:18 PM

no prob micah. it's all gravy baby!
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 09/30/02 08:19 PM
Micah is that one coming my way....Or does it belong to someone else? Cliffgump/Contour39191
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/01/02 01:31 PM
Yep, you the next in line.

everyone, I am not always online. I am also not always by a computer but here is another way to reach me. I just opened it up so give me a little before I reply to you.

pre98@trudellbio.com

if there is any questions to anything about the bumper give me a e-mail there. also, if you have pics of your bumper you have recieved send me pics, I will be hosting a page full of them on everyones car. so send me pics and info on car mods and so on. Thanks everyone. Not to be a jerk, but if you dont have the bumper dont send me the pics. I want this page only for the Pre98 Svt contours

Micah
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/01/02 02:33 PM
SWEET!
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/02/02 05:09 AM
Micah. Where ya been for the past week? I need you to call me. Your number is not working. You have my number. Peace.

Ben
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/07/02 04:54 PM
Any sort of update this week?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/10/02 01:02 PM
RESIN came in !!!!!! I think I am going to start to cry. eheheh. ok I will give you guys updates on when they have them made and who is getting shipped.

Micah
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/10/02 07:09 PM
Sweet!!!!
Posted By: Static Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/10/02 07:19 PM
Micah I was wondering how much these bumpers cost and if it would be possible to get one in like a month or two or maybe three although i would like to try to get it asap it is just the money problem but i will have it soon. if you could tell me how much they cost i will be happy.
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/10/02 08:15 PM
Thank yooooooooouuuuuu Micah!!!!!!!!!
I cant wait. I think im going to change my paint to silver. Please call me. 1-601-660-8985
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/10/02 08:17 PM
if you have any questions on the bumper e-mail me at

pre98@trudellbio.com

Micah
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/10/02 09:00 PM
question!!

why is it that micah LOOOOOOOVES the caq!!

i need a pre-98

/whore off
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/10/02 09:04 PM

you can get them for like a grand I have a friend with a 96 and he told me he would sell it to me for 1100 I almost cried, although it was atx 4banger with some dents. but boy was it tempting. oh well.

Micah
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/10/02 11:52 PM
RESIN came in !!!!!! I think I am going to start to cry. eheheh. ok I will give you guys updates on when they have them made and who is getting shipped.

Micah

Nice!
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/11/02 03:31 PM
Micah you have an e-mail. Please get back to me.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/12/02 02:08 AM
Hey everyone. I bought one of these bumpers from csc99svt, and I absolutely love it, aside from a few cracks that I had to repair, it is completely stable and waaay sturdy. I just got it put on the car today. I will post some pics for everyone to see hopefully by sunday. Just wanted to share... Oh and hence stolontour #05 in my sig now. I was told it was the 5th bumper.
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/14/02 10:35 PM
any news?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/16/02 03:24 AM
I wish I had more news then this, but the web site is done. when you recieve your bumpers I want to get some pics!! also if you want info on your car on there now just e-mail me. They told me they would have something to give me by the end of this week. I will keep everyone informed.

www.trudellbio.com/pre98

Micah
I wish I had more news then this, but the web site is done. when you recieve your bumpers I want to get some pics!! also if you want info on your car on there now just e-mail me. They told me they would have something to give me by the end of this week. I will keep everyone informed.

www.trudellbio.com/pre98

Micah

you did getmy pics right?
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/16/02 08:19 PM
So are they making them on a "whenever we have time" basis, or do they have any type of schedule? Just wondering..
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/16/02 09:12 PM
well They want to make a schedule, Like 10 a month or something like that, I was iffy on that. I told them make me ten this month and I will let you know abou the next month. so now they are telling me sense I didnt make a monthly schedule they have to make sure everyone else is out before they get me!!!! I am pissed, I will try to get something going guys. I am waiting for one just like you. but you guys will be getting yours first.

Micah
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/16/02 11:52 PM
hey micah, how many original bumpers are there? was thinking about getting a plaque made for shows and have it say "7 of 13" or would that be stupid or not work since you are selling more?

what ya think?
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/21/02 01:09 AM
Micah I'm wanting to buy a bumper in the next month. Are there going to be any ready in that time frame?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/21/02 02:02 AM
hey,

I plan on having everyone in this Gb out this month. E-mail me at pre98@trudellbio.com I will give you more info if needed. and for all the gb guys. yes you heard me right get ready for your bumper 2 should be shipping out on mon/tues/wed trying to figure out a new packing method. again if anyone has a question about the bumpers in the group buy or not write me at pre98@trudellbio.com.

Micah
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/21/02 07:28 PM
I can barely wait. Thank you Micah. call me if you need any info 6016608985
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/22/02 10:19 PM
i can't wait either
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/24/02 06:53 PM
So did the plan go as it was supposed to?
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/24/02 09:49 PM
Originally posted by lmaoatmy95gl:
So did the plan go as it was supposed to?

what he said
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/24/02 11:06 PM
Hey guys, belive it or not. it is sorta going as plan. the only set back is greyhound wont ship the bumpers till I find another way of wraping. I am going to by some foam wrap and try that out. atleast 2 if not more will be going out monday. I am picking them up fri doing triming and then will post who is getting shipped. the others will follow soon there after. if you havent gotten your shipping money in. send now so I can get the bumper out asap. I will keep you posted if something comes up. but so far it has been good.

Micah

Also, if you name is on the website. we can atleast get your profile on. e-mail me and tell me mods and all. if it isnt up let me know I will add you. if you dont want to be on the site let me know.

Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/25/02 02:12 AM
So the bumpers arent made though? Are they for sure going to be done friday? just wonderin. Thanks for all the work so far!
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/25/02 01:26 PM
Hey,

2 bumpers are made today and ready for pick up. I will be picking them up today, then I have to trim them out and mark drill holes. I wont be able to make greyhound in time to ship today, trim and marking takes about 2hrs each bumper. so I will wrap them over the weekend and ship them out on Monday. They told me they will have 2-3 more next week. so Gb should be done next week this is if the other 2-3 come like they plan. Hope this helps guys.

Micah
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/26/02 07:04 AM
Sounds excellent!! Really appreciate the drill markings, it'll make it a ton easier. TO confirm,
In reply to:

Those are the next two that you have going out, correct? Thanks!!!!
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/26/02 03:06 PM
You are correct. I will let you know the tracking number once I ship. both of you send me an email with this info just to make sure I have it.

Name
Address
greyhound address
your phone #

I will ship out monday.

Micah
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/27/02 07:04 PM
Micah. The information you needed has been e-mailed to you, I need to make one correction on the shipping zip code. Please Confirm.
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/28/02 11:30 PM
Did they go out???
I hope that packing problem was taken care of.
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/29/02 02:23 PM
Originally posted by MIdnight95SE:
Did they go out???
I hope that packing problem was taken care of.

Hey MIdnightSE, our cars are the same color!! We aslso both have the SVT rear and side skirts, both waiting for fronts and both damn sure need paint. What color are you going to paint yours?
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/29/02 02:25 PM
I hope they went out. Micah is pretty dependable.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/29/02 02:31 PM
Hey guys,

Greyhound denied my packing. Again. I just bought some shrink wrap, along with card board on sharp edges and corners, they said they would "aprove" that. will ship out today, call you or e-mail you tonight if they shipped. Sorry for the news.

Micah
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/29/02 04:14 PM
In reply to:

both waiting for fronts and both damn sure need paint. What color are you going to paint yours?

Hey,
Actually I'm going with the Same base color of the car, midnight red. The entire car is being painted. However, I will be doing something special to the paint. I will post pictures and describe what was done, after the car is painted.
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/29/02 04:53 PM
Im thinking of going with the same color just a little brighter. In between midnight red and toreado red.
Posted By: Contour_LXsport_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/30/02 01:59 AM
Micah I am ready to order the bumper. Can I send you a check, money order, or can you run Visa? PayPal isn't working for me. I do have the money and would like a bumper.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/30/02 03:24 PM
Hey guys, the bumpers shipped out yesterday. this is my first time to a computer so I am just posting it now. here are the tracking numbers, although I dont think they track anything lol.

cliffgump GLI: 300-668-701-3
midnight95se GLI: 300-668-677-1

Thanks for being understanding. I know this was long and hard for you. This should be all over soon, then I can get my bumper

lmaoatmy95gl "paid Shipping"

(13)Chris Bertrand = lmaoatmy95gl "in shipping"
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/30/02 06:16 PM
Thanks for the info! Should be well worth the wait. So only thing that needs to be done is some trimming, reinforcement, drilling, and then its ready to go right? Just making sure. Thanks so much!!
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/30/02 06:35 PM
Originally posted by MIdnight95SE:
Thanks for the info! Should be well worth the wait. So only thing that needs to be done is some trimming, reinforcement, drilling, and then its ready to go right? Just making sure. Thanks so much!!

The only trimming that needs to get done is the mouth of the bumper and fogs, I left them open so you could decide what fogs you want. you dont need to reinforce on these new bumpers, if there is an area you think needs to be reinforce go for it, but there shouldnt be any. the spots are marked for drilling but make sure they are in the right spot on your car, wrong spot means it wont mount right. the only thing left is filling. when they make these bumpers there are some parts where resin didnt become perfect, any bondo will work. if there are any questions go to the site, if you have mroe questions e-mail me. let me know when you have received your bumper!!!

Micah
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 10/31/02 05:52 PM
RECEIVED!! Bumper looks good, now I know what you meant about trimming the grill part and for the fogs. THANKS SO MUCH!! Anyone have any problems putting the Mirko Splitter on it? Mine just doesnt seem to fit on correctly for some reason..??! Well, thanks again Micah for all the hard work! Well worth the wait!
Posted By: Contour39191 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/01/02 01:37 PM
Recieved my bumper yesterday, I was so excited I put it on at 11:00pm last night after work. Very good in quality drill markings were perfect. Question do I need to place the little brackets underneath back on or is it ok to leave them off? Thanks Micah well worth the anticipation and good product.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/01/02 03:16 PM
are you talking about the rods that hold the bumper to the sub frame? if so they wont fit this bumper the rods are to short, you will need to make new ones or just leave it off. I dont know what everyone else has done, and I havent had a bumper long enough to know. Glad you both like it. Now I want to see some pics!!!!!

Micah
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/01/02 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Contour39191:
Question do I need to place the little brackets underneath back on or is it ok to leave them off?

Go to home depot or lowe's or where ever and buy a piece of 1/8"thick by 1" wide steel strap and make a new support piece that is longer than the plastic one on the factory bumper. Just drill your holes and use the metal piece in it's place. I had to do this and the stock one isn't long enough as Micah stated and just the screws alone allowed the bumper to sorta sag at the very tip of the wheel well and look gappy. The steel piece is rigid enough to hold up the bumper nice and tight against the front quarter panel.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/04/02 07:57 PM
Do we have a weekly update?
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/05/02 11:19 PM
anything?
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/06/02 04:33 AM
are you talking about the rods that hold the bumper to the sub frame? if so they wont fit this bumper the rods are to short, you will need to make new ones or just leave it off. I dont know what everyone else has done, and I havent had a bumper long enough to know. Glad you both like it. Now I want to see some pics!!!!!

Micah

my dad works in a steelshop, hes a welder. i had him whip me up some new rods
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/07/02 03:09 AM
where micah?
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/08/02 04:29 AM
Sorry guys,

I have been really busy. Havent been on here. I am going to them tommorrow (friday) will give you guys update then. I have been waiting on a call from them but no call yet so checking tommorrow. my bumper will be in this order too

Micah
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/11/02 06:22 PM
Did anything happen friday?

Sorry just anxious now I finaly get to get mine.
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/14/02 03:02 AM
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/16/02 04:05 PM
bump
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/18/02 11:51 PM
:: Clears throught ::

Hello

:: Listens to the echo ::

Anynbody out there?
Posted By: Gouch Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/19/02 03:59 PM
I ordered mine.
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/19/02 06:12 PM
the 2 left in the gb contact me by e-mail pre98@trudellbio.com

roland I have yet to hear from you, I dont know what to think if you are in or not. please let me know.

This could be the end of the bumper sales. I will keep everyone informed
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/19/02 09:07 PM
Micah I sent you an email.
Posted By: Gouch Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/19/02 10:33 PM
Sent you mail too.

Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/21/02 11:55 PM
Have you gotten my email?
Posted By: Gouch Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/23/02 03:55 AM
anymore news?
Posted By: Gouch Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/24/02 09:30 AM
I hope I dont have a reason to be worried.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/24/02 01:30 PM
same here
Posted By: Micah_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 11/24/02 05:04 PM
Guys you dont have a reason to worry. I have been here forever, I will be waiting longer then you for one. and now that bumper sales are over I wont even get one. Bumpers should be shipping soon. I think I have been part of the contour site long enough that worry shouldnt even be in your mind.

Micah
Posted By: Gouch Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/02/02 07:16 PM
i wanna get mine soon.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/02/02 08:17 PM
When did you order your bumper?
Posted By: obicanobi0_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/03/02 12:31 AM
How many where actually sold to people?
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/03/02 01:01 AM
I think around 15 actualy got a bumper.
Posted By: obicanobi0_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/03/02 01:32 AM
wow I feel pretty lucky for getting one then.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/03/02 01:36 AM
I am realy thankful and lucky to get a bumper also. Bing that I am one of the last two in the group buy I feel real lucky. I will be so happy when I receive it some day soon.
Posted By: Gouch Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/03/02 06:04 AM
I paid for mine on Nov 15th.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/03/02 07:41 PM
Not to sound rude or anythig but I paid for mine November of LAST YEAR. and you have seen that is taking some time. I was just curious as to why your in such a hurry to get the bumper when everybody else has had to wait patiently.
Posted By: Gouch Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/03/02 08:10 PM
Originally posted by lmaoatmy95gl:
Not to sound rude or anythig but I paid for mine November of LAST YEAR. and you have seen that is taking some time. I was just curious as to why your in such a hurry to get the bumper when everybody else has had to wait patiently.

Now if I was in your position I could think of better things to do then be out $475 for a year; and not have my bumper. But hey thats just me.

I have been ripped of before, so this leaves me a little sceptical by nature. (though I am in no way saying that is what is happening here) I have never recived anything through Greyhound before, I dont have a tracking number and have not been left with a warm fuzzy feeling inside. So forgive me if at this time I am a little in insecure about this trasaction.
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/10/02 10:23 PM
bump!
Posted By: slick 95 gl_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/12/02 10:22 PM
to the top
Posted By: Gouch Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/18/02 06:13 PM
ttt
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/20/02 02:17 AM
Just asking but have you pad your full $500 yet? $450 bumper, $50 shipping. I you haventpaid shipping it would probably help you get it a lil faster seeming ho micah needs the money.

And on a second note, Micah isnt realy on the boards that much any more. If you remember this post by him then you can remember why.
Posted By: 1sweetride Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/20/02 04:19 AM
can I see a pic. of these front bumpers??????
Posted By: m!key Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/20/02 04:24 AM

there you go.
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/20/02 04:53 AM
Anyone want one of these bumpers asap, drop me a line. I may be selling my bumper and going a bit more extreme. I have one sitting here still in the shipping wrap Micah used to ship it in.
Posted By: Gouch Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/20/02 08:01 PM
yeah its all paid for. He told me that he even shipped it and that it was sent back because grayhound couldn't contact me so it was sent back. When I called my greyhound they said they never had anything for me. That was more then a week ago. I emailed him a few days ago asking if you had any new info about it, and bumped this.
How much? i may be after one, post christmas..... (I need a spare incase of any misshap....., and im finding the molded mirko a bit too low, and ive still not installed my G/C's yet )
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/22/02 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:
How much? i may be after one, post christmas..... (I need a spare incase of any misshap....., and im finding the molded mirko a bit too low, and ive still not installed my G/C's yet )

I paid the $450 plus shipping for mine, I will do $450 shipped.
Posted By: Gouch Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/24/02 07:24 PM
up
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/24/02 08:10 PM
If you want a reply from Micah you might wat to reply to one of his post, but as you know he doesnt frequent the boards much anymore theres no need to keep trying.I just send him some more money for the bumpers and other things so maybe it will help.

If this may seem offensive dont take it that way, just a lil irratatation.
Posted By: Gouch Re: pre 98 front bumper clips - 12/25/02 04:51 AM
Im done and paid for. I called Greyhound again today and they told me nothing has come for me in the last week.

They also told me it should only take 3-4 days to travle across the country.

I understand that its xmas and all, and thats why I feel like Im being pretty laid back about them being so late.

© CEG Archives