Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted this in the aesthetics section and received a warm response. More traffic up in the GB section so we'll see what everyone thinks:

What is involved - so far the door handles (on the inside) Two possible trim rings and the oh sh!t handles. A quick Photochop was made of the door and trim rings

The handles can be done, the trim parts might be a bit harder. Overall interest will determine how far we take it though.
Could be cool providing actual pictures and not photochops...
aren't the door handles one continuous piece with the door minus the cover that hides the screws?! I am gonna go see my parts car tomorrow so maybe I will look at these.
The handles remove from the door panel. If we did make these it would be a solid unit with two exposed holes to allow for screw access. I dont think we could make it two part like the stock unit.
what about the pieces that surround the switches on the doors, as well as the handles
Those I think could be done, I have to look at them again, I think part is a snap fit (plus one screw), not sure if we would need to modify that to work with metal
Knu,

I think the only way that would look good is if you can offer it as a full trim kit where you can do all of the parts in metal trim. Otherwise I think it could possibly look like a hack job someone did with a can of Krylon that doesn't fit the rest of the scheme of the car. I haven't really done any aesthetic mods to the inside of my car yet, but if these were available in a full kit in actual metal, I might have an interest. My .02

Rick
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Knu,

I think the only way that would look good is if you can offer it as a full trim kit where you can do all of the parts in metal trim. Otherwise I think it could possibly look like a hack job someone did with a can of Krylon that doesn't fit the rest of the scheme of the car. I haven't really done any aesthetic mods to the inside of my car yet, but if these were available in a full kit in actual metal, I might have an interest. My .02

Rick

Yeah, what he said.....
Would these be also available for the pre98s too? What would also be cool is metal pre98 cup holders...no more breakage.
interested even if it needs to be done one pice at a time.
Originally posted by Nezerconezer:
interested

I'd be much more interested in the door handels, not as much in the trim pieces.
Interested in both, moreso in door handles.
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
The handles remove from the door panel. If we did make these it would be a solid unit with two exposed holes to allow for screw access. I dont think we could make it two part like the stock unit.

My opinion on the handles/pulls is to make them in one piece, but make that piece identical to the existing handle. Meaning the slot for the insert would still be there. Then the original insert could be used as-is or painted. I think it would add some much needed visuial interest to the doors. I have seen some painted handles that were done in two colors, and it looks pretty decent.

**EDIT** and as I stated in the original aesthetics thread, I'm totally down for a set.
re-using the inner handle part would look good, but getting those out without damage is tricky if your not careful. That would be real hot looking though.

From total interest, we could do two kits, one for the door and one for the dash and offer a third with all parts combined.

Ps- the doors are the same on all years, right? I dont think those were ever changed.
The doors are the same for all years.

If you look at a handle closely, there is actually a small slot in the bottom side that is for popping the insert out. The insert has an angled piece that pushes it outward when a screwdriver or something similar is inserted in the little hole. I have a pic I'll post as soon as imagehigh gets their sh!t straightened out.

**EDIT** What I'm not sure about is if the front door pull-handle is identical to the ones on the back doors. I'm guessing they are, but I'm not 100% sure. I can find out here in a few minutes and let you know.
email me the pics and I can host them

Kontact@KnuKonceptz.com
Is this going anywhere? I am interested in some door handles since they will apparently fit my pre-98.
interested if this can be used on mystique or certain mystique trim pieces for post98
Originally posted by m4gician:
interested if this can be used on mystique or certain mystique trim pieces for post98

Probably not going anywhere, we would need 25-35 folks, we had about 10 interested.
-interested
11 is almost 25
Im interested
© CEG Archives