Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: todras_dup1 Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/11/06 11:34 PM
Don't know where the heck to put this really. I know ppl don't generally go in the GB section but this is where this will go if there is interest. I had this sheet of aluminum done for me and a lot of ppl really liked it so I'm wondering if anyone else might like one. This would just be for the image to be printed on aluminum. The wood base is something you would have to tackle since it took a couple hours. This might not just be for a car show or even about your car. I can have any jpg printed on aluminum. No nekkid chiks guys.

This is a 10" x 12" piece.

Original jpg. Used a 2048 x 1536 base to have the quality come out perfect. Here is the image I used. This quality is lower than the one I sent off.

The price would be $28 shipped to you door. If you like this one I can change it to put your mods on it or make your own up and email it to me. Anyone interested?
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/11/06 11:36 PM
I have been toying with this same idea, but yours looks much nicer. Let me know if your doing this, and where to send the info.
Would it look as nice if the mod lists were considerably shorter?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/11/06 11:46 PM
LOL! Well, you can always get a smaller sign.
I like the metal, but HATE the wood and the screws. Work on that, use adhesive, and it will look 10x better. I would also photoshop out the needle thats sitting on O.
interested very...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 12:05 AM
Originally posted by g r y m e s:
I like the metal, but HATE the wood and the screws. Work on that, use adhesive, and it will look 10x better. I would also photoshop out the needle thats sitting on O.

Needs more reading comprehension. That is my design and build I could care less who likes that aspect as stated. This is for the metal piece ONLY. You can glue it to your head when you receive the product.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 01:15 AM
... <sits here, laughing away at Todds last statement>

I'm down for one. I'll have an image of my car with a mod list ready if this goes GB.
13. For sale/wanted ads are not allowed in the forums. This is what the classifieds section is for. There is a link to the classifieds in the menu bar.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 02:13 AM
its not a for sale nor wanted ad, so quit tooting the horn.

Might be better placed in the GB forum though...more people would see it.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 02:15 AM
Originally posted by jerseyca�10:
13. For sale/wanted ads are not allowed in the forums. This is what the classifieds section is for. There is a link to the classifieds in the menu bar.

Go quote rules somewhere else.

Todd, those look awesome. How long will you be able to get these made? I'd like to finish up more of my mods before getting something like this made.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 03:15 AM
Anytime. I'm hoping to get bunches made at a time so I don't have to take lots o trips to the place and the P.O. And jerseycat you can die in a [censored] fire! You're a sorry excuse for a human. Never been a help on these forums. Why don't you go else where?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 03:16 AM
Originally posted by todras:
Anytime. I'm hoping to get bunches made at a time so I don't have to take lots o trips to the place and the P.O. And jerseycat you can die in a [censored] fire! You're a sorry excuse for a human. Never been a help on these forums. Why don't you go else where?

And what help have you been? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Decepticon:

The Pot Calling The Kettle Black.

What do you do on here besides try to get RawBurt to kill himself?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 03:24 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

The Pot Calling The Kettle Black.

What do you do on here besides try to get RawBurt to kill himself?

Do you have a Steeda Tri-ax F in your car?

How about cleared corners?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 03:24 AM
i might do that, i am pretty much all done with my mods..
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 03:28 AM

Nope

I cleared my corners using the same method I did to do my Kia Sephia like 5 years ago. Plus, they are overated. Staying stock when I get new headlights.
Todd, is there a limit to the type of photo or detail that can be used for the graphics? I know you said almost anything, but you do a picture of the actual car on there? I'm thinking it would end something like a combination of the marker drawings like Hector did for Tom's car and a nice display of the mod list. Oh and is there any way you can fit my long frickin list on the sheet size you've got to work with or can you get a bigger sheet?

Rick
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Oh and is there any way you can fit my long frickin list on the sheet size you've got to work with or can you get a bigger sheet?

Rick

If you go with a size 8 or 10 font you might fit 2/3 of your mods on there!
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 03:53 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Nope

I cleared my corners using the same method I did to do my Kia Sephia like 5 years ago. Plus, they are overated. Staying stock when I get new headlights.

Welp sucks to be you then
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 04:20 AM
I'm with Rick. Not that I have Eleventy Billion mods to my slow ass car But I do want to make myself a sweet piece of Aluminum! I figure anything can go considering Todd's has a faded speedometer on it. Consider the pictures you use wisely though- anything that is pure white will not show up on the final piece. In fact, I am using that to an advantage.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 12:19 PM
Anything can be put on it and I mean anything. Anyone remember the road rally award from last year? I used this image. Lost the pic of the award but this is the basic image. I had them do mine and take away the white BG to be able to see the aluminum but they can can be solid. You can go bigger in size too. Much bigger than mine and it will be begine to get a little to big IMO for a display.

You could even do one of these at the fraction of the cost of the ones in the past group buys.

Posted By: Pole120 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 12:57 PM
If my mod list didn't change every week...i'ld totaly be in on this, great idea Todd.

~Josh
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 01:37 PM
Big deal if you don't have EVERYTHING on there. I don't have everything on mine. Just the main mods. Just list the performance mods etc. Elky mesh is not a mod I would list. LOL. Nor any decks or speakers if you don't have much of a sound system. I added mine because I wanted another category to help it look filled in.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 01:44 PM
I'm starting a list since this is in the GB section now.

1. getsum111
2. GetLucky151
3. Pre98
4. Buckshot77
Posted By: ElKy Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 03:08 PM
Big deal if you don't have EVERYTHING on there. I don't have everything on mine. Just the main mods. Just list the performance mods etc. Elky mesh is not a mod I would list. LOL. Nor any decks or speakers if you don't have much of a sound system. I added mine because I wanted another category to help it look filled in.

jackarse!
hehe

i wouldnt list mesh either, unless you were reaching for mods to fill the list.

i like them, they are high quality.
i have the road rally one with the yellow backround at home.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 05:48 PM
Hey I like Elky mesh. I'm just saying.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 06:25 PM
1. getsum111
2. GetLucky151
3. Pre98
4. Buckshot77
5. CSVT#49
And jerseycat you can die in a [censored] fire!

18. Wishing a fiery death upon a fellow CEG'er is not allowed. If an admin deems you are abusing your account in this manner, you will lose posting privileges for a period, and permanently if it is not the first time.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/12/06 11:08 PM
Originally posted by jerseyca�10:
18. Wishing a fiery death upon a fellow CEG'er is not allowed. If an admin deems you are abusing your account in this manner, you will lose posting privileges for a period, and permanently if it is not the first time.

Who the heck is this person and do they post anything other then forum rules? Simply Ricockulous.
just ignore the troll and carry on with posting your interest in the signs. ie keep on topic
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/13/06 01:56 AM
I'd be interested in one, maybe 2... all things depending.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/13/06 02:30 AM
Depending on what?
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/13/06 02:37 AM
If you'll do non-Contour ones...
Posted By: m!key Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/13/06 02:38 AM
i think if you can make a jpeg of it it can be done.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/13/06 02:25 PM
Thank you Todd!

Originally posted by CSVT#49:

1. getsum111
2. GetLucky151
3. Pre98
4. Buckshot77
5. CSVT#49
6. LUCA

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/13/06 02:54 PM
Precisely. I'm going to see if SHOFotum members want these and 6 owners.

Originally posted by m!key:
i think if you can make a jpeg of it it can be done.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/13/06 08:01 PM
1. getsum111
2. GetLucky151
3. Pre98
4. Buckshot77
5. CSVT#49
6. Y2KSVT

These look awesome Todd! Keep us updated with info, such as cutoff dates, when/where we can pay, turn around time, etc. I'm going to see what I can do about a design for mine!

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/14/06 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
1. getsum111
2. GetLucky151
3. Pre98
4. Buckshot77
5. CSVT#49
7. LUCA
8. Y2KSVT

Don't knock off Luca.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/14/06 03:41 AM
Hey I like Elky balls. I'm just saying.

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/14/06 08:50 PM
Thanks for the 10 year old commentary.

You guys can start sending me the images you want to my email todras@yahoo.com. With paypal fees total sign shipped to you will be $30 even. My paypal address is todras@yahoo.com as well. I can get some going out next week if you guys want. If you need any Photoshop I'll be more than happy to help. Send some images and what your thinking to my email.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/17/06 12:19 PM
Posted By: ElKy Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/17/06 12:48 PM
todd...if you want..send them all to me first, i will give them my ElKy stamp of approval with picture verification, then i will ship them to the customer!
Todd,

This is something I will do, but probably put me down for doing it 6 months from now as I'll have some adjustments to make before I finalize the sign.

Rick
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/19/06 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
1. getsum111
2. GetLucky151
3. Pre98
4. Buckshot77
5. CSVT#49
7. LUCA
8. Y2KSVT

Don't knock off Luca.

LMAO! Thanks for looking out for me Todd.

I should have my picture and info for you tomorrow or Friday at the latest.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/20/06 03:42 PM
Sounds good.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Gauging interest on car show sign - 07/20/06 05:28 PM
I'll have a picture soon. I need to mount up my Mirko splitter somehow now that it's painted.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 03:04 PM
This is Luca's sign. Just emailed it to her for approval. Not sure if she'll like the font. I have about 3 hrs on this. You guys are supposed to make these. LOL! I enjoy it though.

Compressed, low quality image.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 04:37 PM
that sweet.
but i think you need to get rid of everything under the car.
either that or fill the black in better.
it looks sloppy.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 04:55 PM
that font is too hard to read. and i dont see any subframe connectors listed
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 05:52 PM
She liked the font I had on mine. I put a shadow on the font to match the car shadow. The shadow is exactly how it is in the pic she sent me. I think it looks 3 dimensional the way it is. Can still change it though.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 06:07 PM
Perfect! I love it.

Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
that font is too hard to read. and i dont see any subframe connectors listed

**hangs head in shame** You're right, I forgot to add the subframe connectors. I'm sorry.

Elky, I added the mesh because sooo many people at the shows ask me about it.

Thank you so much Todd! I really appreciate you helping me AND the work you did.

Tell me where to send payment and I will take care of that right away.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 06:11 PM
i like the font.
and love the plug for me!
hehe

i kinda think the shadow for the car should be trimmed a little in the back to give it a more uniform look.
and maybe fill in all the pavement with black, just because you can tell it was quickly colored using PS.

also, todd is there anyway to get rid of the grassy park you can see thru the winders?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 06:20 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

also, todd is there anyway to get rid of the grassy park you can see thru the winders?

I darkened the front window in the 2nd one. I couldn't go any darker.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 06:23 PM
i think with the "plain" font the letters looked to crammed. perhaps a smaller font size. also, need to seperate the titles from the mods ie Performance. perhaps a red underline to match the SVT or a red shadow to the title words.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 06:34 PM
Zaino is going on the car this weekend, so I'll be taking a bunch of pictures. I should be able to get one that I like. From there, I just have to get a cool layout for this.

Mark
Posted By: ElKy Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 06:35 PM
ok i see that.

one more question...
shouldnt the BAT pipe fall under performance?
maybe make it say Engine/Performance.
then you could combine the two to keep the Mobil1 on the list.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 06:57 PM
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
also, need to seperate the titles from the mods ie Performance. perhaps a red underline to match the SVT or a red shadow to the title words.

Originally posted by ElKy:

one more question...
shouldnt the BAT pipe fall under performance?
maybe make it say Engine/Performance.
then you could combine the two to keep the Mobil1 on the list.

Actually, you are correct Mike.
Todd, if you want to move the Interior to the right side and put the Performance on the left, I have no problems with both catagories (Engine/Performance) being combined. I also have no problem with underlining in red as Steve suggested.
I'll leave this up to Todd as he put in a lot of work on this. It's fine with me either way.

Now stop making suggestions or Todd is going to kill me. j/k Really, I do appreciate your comments.

EDIT: Payment sent
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 07:18 PM
Damn you guys are harsh critics. This is the way I think is best. All the ideas you see are Luca's though.

Posted By: ElKy Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 07:28 PM
the shadow looks alot better.
but whats up with the different shadowing on all the words?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Car show sign - 07/21/06 07:35 PM
I roughed it in like that! It's not a final draft at all. Need to add the SFC's and better spacing of all lettering.
© CEG Archives