Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: shavedsvt intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 04:29 AM
ok this all started when someone asked me about my eyebrows on my car. mine are just painted but the need or want to remove them for inspections, carwashes, and any other need to remove them, started to make me think. why not try to make a set, take a bunch of pictures, thickness evaluation, and attachment ideas and make a few sets as a prototype. any interest in these. at my school i get discounts on paint and clear. and even prep materials, all i need is an interest in these. i also need some ideas on size, shape and thickness.mine go to the top most line on the headlight, and all the way across. once i get all that info ill try to make a set based on those specifications. also price? any idea of what people are willing to pay for a full one off set of eyelids?
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 04:33 AM
most guys just use clear headlight covers and paint them so they can pull the covers easily if the need arises. plus it protects the whole light
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 04:35 AM
thought id offer, since i just go to school, and then after i do what i want. i go to school from 430pm to 140am yes its insane but im switching to days, so ill have extra time to do what ever i want.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 05:16 AM
shavedsvt and I were bouncing ideas off eachother about him possibly making these.

I know I would be interested in a set. He has the materials/resources readily avail. I think these could potentially be alot nicer than the painted clear covers. I have not seen a set of the clear covers on a contique but I would think it would look cleaner putting the fiberglass eyebrow straight onto the factory housing. I also feel this is a better alternative to vinyl brows.

Again this is just an interest check to toss around the idea but if enough are interested he would make a prototype and go from there.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 11:34 AM

I am waiting to paint my fiber glass eyebrows (almost done!!). If you have any questions on the process I did let me know and we can talk about it.

I personally didn't want to use vinyls or paint due to the fact that I feel it would look cheap. Also they can be easily removed and reinstalled.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 12:40 PM
I'm interested for sure, but before committing to it, I'd want to see one finished product.

My vinyl eyelids look awesome from a distance but cheap up close.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 01:58 PM
Originally posted by SVT4STD:
I'm interested for sure, but before committing to it, I'd want to see one finished product.

Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

i have got mine painted right on the light. they don't look bad at all. but i would be interested in seeing a nice set made.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 02:09 PM
I'd be interested if something flowed with CF and Silfro
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 02:09 PM
Originally posted by pimpdcontour:

i have got mine painted right on the light. they don't look bad at all. but i would be interested in seeing a nice set made.

Paint your bumper!
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 02:16 PM
i am that pic is old if you look at the date!!! i just posted that pic to show off my painted eyelids. i have got the se bumper back on the tour now, and working on the svt front.
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 06:00 PM
well heres what i was going to make them look like. i did mine in paint first. not to small not to big. would this be ok on the size?
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/22/06 09:56 PM
thanks to LUCA i now have a picture of what i was planning on them looking like. this is what i was thinking, i will be working out a test phase. i will test and fit 5 sets within a few weeks. if everyone likes them then i will produce more as the demand is still needed. for a little more money i could possibly paint to match like i said before.
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/23/06 03:03 AM
Id be very tempted, just take some high res pic of the test fits so i can see the lines and how well they fit the lights contour (sorry for the pun)

So count me in as a possible.
Posted By: Black 98 CSVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/23/06 05:20 AM
if the price is right, count me in too
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/23/06 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Black 98 CSVT:
if the price is right, count me in too

yea I want it to look clean and nice, thats all, if so then count me in..I also want close up of ur eyelids..
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/23/06 04:41 PM
this is almost perfect timing as i am going to be buying new head lights in about a month. but i gotta find some one to hightoweer them for me after i get them. there is not anything wrong with mine now, however my girl said she wants new eybrows about 3 weeks ago. time to change the look up a little bit again.
Posted By: Woogieman Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/24/06 03:26 AM
I'm interested, but I would also like some pics first.

-Aaron
Posted By: Berkel Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/24/06 05:27 AM

Also wondering about price.
Posted By: muskamike Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/25/06 02:24 AM
When you come up with a price and some detailed pictures, please post and PM me. I would be in.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/28/06 01:20 AM
Are these like the ones that were available back in the day? Pudmunkie and a few others have sets... those are awesome.. I was tempted to steal a set off of someones CSVT as they were that beautiful!

I've wanted a set since the first time I laid eyes on them!
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/28/06 05:17 PM
Originally posted by NVMYSVT:
I was tempted to steal a set off of someones CSVT as they were that beautiful!

I've wanted a set since the first time I laid eyes on them!

I don't think so...

I was asked to help answer any questions on this subjuct since I have a pair. This are awesome, much better looking than vinyl also imo. They were made from fibreglass, 1 1/8 wide by the grill to almost 4 in wide by the fender. I ended up ataching mine with 3M adheasive(sp) tape. The tape works great, no ploblems at all.

Here is a link to all the other pics.
http://www.fototime.com/inv/A1526E1BE9CBF72

Any questions feel free to ask.

Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/28/06 05:51 PM
As long as the set turns out to look like that, I'll prolly buy 2 sets.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/28/06 06:17 PM
IF they are $30 a set I'm down.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/28/06 06:38 PM
thanks for the pictures Dave! We both know that I wouldn't have stolen yours - but in all honestly they looked f'n fantastic in person and I was tempted!

If you can make them look exactly like Daves set I am in 110%
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/28/06 06:55 PM
those are very nice. i hope this buy comes out looking like those. i am all over these...
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/28/06 07:00 PM
wow thats drop dead gorgeous!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/28/06 10:31 PM
Dave... IIRC, you got the eyebrows from the GB that NewPowerRadio had didn't you?
Mine came from that GB.
Posted By: buttersSVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/28/06 10:38 PM
im definatly in
Posted By: iluvmytour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/28/06 10:54 PM
those are very nice. i hope this buy comes out looking like those. i am all over these...

+1
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/28/06 11:39 PM
Originally posted by LUCA:
Dave... IIRC, you got the eyebrows from the GB that NewPowerRadio had didn't you?
Mine came from that GB.

Yup thats where I got mine.

Posted By: R_G Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/28/06 11:50 PM
In if painted
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/29/06 02:02 AM
Anyone have a picture of the back of those at all?
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/30/06 12:26 PM
If you come up with a price and a product as gorgeous as the ones in the picture on the page prior to this, I'm in.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/30/06 12:34 PM
interested if they will fit under GTS clear headlight covers
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/30/06 06:00 PM
so whats the story with these? anything happening? I hope this doesnt die out, always wanted these.
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/30/06 06:38 PM
if this dies out, i am goin to try and make a set.. i WILL have these by my birthday in septerber..
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/30/06 08:56 PM
it hasnt died. i just have been working on my 70 skylark, and these, and a new quarter panel on my friends car. its working fine but its hard with my headlights as the mold. i cant drive at night. lol. im going to try to finish the first set on the 4th of j uly.
Posted By: RRT_SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 06/30/06 11:18 PM
i m in i want a set
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/07/06 04:04 AM
the molds are coming along good. running a little slower than i was hoping but its good. ill post some pics when im done. sorry for the wait.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/07/06 04:24 AM
good to hear!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/07/06 04:32 AM
Originally posted by shavedsvt:
the molds are coming along good. running a little slower than i was hoping but its good. ill post some pics when im done. sorry for the wait.

Posted By: Rayn Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/07/06 05:34 AM
Not to sway too far and bring up old wounds at the same time... but what if there was a fiberglass overlay similar to the shape of the morette???
Posted By: Rayn Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/07/06 05:46 AM
Originally posted by shavedsvt:

I'm in on the GB for these bad babies! By the way, do you have to wax them often????
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/07/06 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Rayn:

By the way, do you have to wax them often????

I have the fiberglass eyebrows on my car. I usually put a coat of wax/polish on them when I polish the car.
Posted By: Rayn Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/07/06 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Rayn:

By the way, do you have to wax them often????

I have the fiberglass eyebrows on my car. I usually put a coat of wax/polish on them when I polish the car.

I was joking get it??? Eyebrows waxing... I guess I'll stick to nursing and music...
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/07/06 11:06 PM
for me.
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/08/06 03:16 AM
well i am really mad right now!!!!! i went into the store and i came out and there was a 3 inch hole in my bumper and my headlight was cracked!! someone hit my car and ran, im just glad that its just the bottom corner that is cracked, no where near the eyebrows. still working when i can on the eyebrows. hopefully done really soon. pictures soon of the eyebrows and the hole!!!!
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/08/06 04:21 AM
F'n hit and runners . Something similar happened to my Mother's car. Thank god for a witness that phoned in what happened to the police. Turns out if was two little punk kids playing with grocery carts at the top of the hill and thought it would be cute to let a few of them go and drift down the hill into the parking lot. My Mother's car was the only one hit. You would be surprised how much damage a cart can do when it gains some speed. A claim was created and the kids looked to Mommy and Daddy's insurance to cover the bill.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/08/06 05:28 PM
thats why I park my car way way far away..
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/08/06 09:42 PM
The thing is it was FAR away from every other car. That's why her seabring was the only car that got hit
She is almost as bad as I am w/ my SVT. We both park on the very outskirts of parking lots away from others. Sucks when something like that happens when you try to be extra careful.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/11/06 06:11 PM
doo deee dooo
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/13/06 04:41 PM
soooo..is this gonna happen?
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/13/06 09:36 PM
shaved has been having some recent car problems that he needs to take car of but he is still working on these on his free time. Give him some time. I'm sure they will turn out great if he is not rushed.
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/14/06 05:09 AM
sorry bout the wait, trans problems, i brokt my shifter tower bolt. turning out good. im taking my time to make them look great.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/20/06 12:13 PM
Originally posted by ????¯?¬?¬?º:
doo deee dooo

Posted By: turbo_fox Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 01:38 PM
Its too bad the way the lights and the fender are shaped, cause I think it looks 10x better when you can get a brow to flow with the hood. Some sort of extension. Similar to my roomates gti...

I love that look!
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 01:46 PM
i think those would look better if they flowed with the fenders more. a little bit rounder on the outside edge
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 01:46 PM
Originally posted by turbo_fox:
Its too bad the way the lights and the fender are shaped, cause I think it looks 10x better when you can get a brow to flow with the hood. Some sort of extension. Similar to my roomates gti...

I love that look!

On certain cars yes, but on your friends GTI, yuck. Sorry.

The hood just looks like it doesn't even go with that car. It doesnt even match up at the front with the fenders. The middle just drops off to nothing with no meeting point on the bumper.
Posted By: snowb159 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 02:34 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by turbo_fox:

I love that look!

On certain cars yes, but on your friends GTI, yuck. Sorry.

The hood just looks like it doesn't even go with that car. It doesnt even match up at the front with the fenders. The middle just drops off to nothing with no meeting point on the bumper.

Surprised no one has noticed the keg on top of the car yet Wheres the mod for our cars like that!
Posted By: ElKy Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 02:53 PM
the keg mod is awesome! now to refrigerate it and tap it right off the car!

as for the hood, i usually like that on the VWs but that hood looks like it doesnt fit right.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 05:03 PM
wth is going with this GB?!? any progress? are we starting a list, if so I wanna be the first

1. Goonz
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 05:22 PM
if these become a reality shavedsvt has told me i get the first set b/c I kept bugging him untill he agreed to make them
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 05:35 PM
well u better hope they become reality!
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 05:36 PM
Originally posted by ????¯?¬?¬?º:
wth is going with this GB?!? any progress? are we starting a list, if so I wanna be the 2nd

1. Goonz
2. pimpdtour

Posted By: teamSVTour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 06:58 PM
WHEN they are ready I'm sure he will let us know. When he and myself discussed these in the beginning and I mentioned the possibility of a GB I basically told him "if you make them, they will come...trust me" and sure enough the demand showed. I talk w/ him every so often to discuss the progress etc. He seems very eager to make these b/c of the strong demand for them. He is juggling several things at the moment (car problems) so I haved not rushed him. He knows you all want these and he is doing his best to get a quality job done.

When they are available he will begin to take names.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 07:35 PM

1. Goonz
2. pimpdtour
3. brapple

Posted By: Pen_Two Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 08:19 PM
1. teamSVTour
2. Goonz
3. pimpdtour
4. brapple
5. pen_two
Posted By: RRT_SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/21/06 10:01 PM
1. teamSVTour
2. Goonz
3. pimpdtour
4. brapple
5. pen_two
6. RRT_svt
Posted By: Berkel Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/22/06 04:10 AM
1. teamSVTour
2. Goonz
3. pimpdtour
4. brapple
5. pen_two
6. RRT_svt
7. Berkel

I'll want a pair when I get my Mirko and repaint the front end
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/22/06 06:09 AM
1. teamSVTour
2. Goonz
3. pimpdtour
4. brapple
5. pen_two
6. RRT_svt
7. Berkel
8. Posthuman63t
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/22/06 06:26 AM
Id be in, if i saw them...
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/22/06 06:39 AM
so how much those thing gonna be ?
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/22/06 03:21 PM
Originally posted by djdanyloz:

There are some pictures posted on pages two and three.
Posted By: TRicker Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 07/22/06 03:47 PM
i'm in but how much do they cost?
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/02/06 02:25 AM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
1. teamSVTour
2. Goonz
3. pimpdtour
4. brapple
5. pen_two
6. RRT_svt
7. Berkel
8. Posthuman63t
9.ovalracer98csvt

Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/02/06 03:48 AM
im still searching and i dont find the price for this ? cause im maybe interested depend on the price
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/02/06 03:04 PM
this GB by far is the biggest tease!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/02/06 03:05 PM
this GB by far is the biggest tease!

You want to see tease?

I'll have to post my new eyelids when they get painted.
Posted By: SVTLAY_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/02/06 07:54 PM
I'm in on this group by for if they are to much I may back out. They sure look so sexy on the svt. I can't wait!
Posted By: Aaron 98 SE Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/03/06 12:39 AM
Originally posted by djdanyloz:

There are some pictures posted on pages two and three.

LUCA's fiberglass eyebrows look sweet!

Anyone have a price yet? I'd be tempted if the price is right.
Posted By: Rayn Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/03/06 12:42 AM
How much? & When is the projected due date?
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/03/06 07:58 PM
Since this is an "interest check" with no mention of timeframe or price, I'm interested. The group buy will come later if this is going to happen at all.
Karl
Posted By: SVTJON87 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/04/06 03:10 AM
im in for sure
Posted By: jedssvt_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/04/06 07:07 PM
Since this is just an interest checkâ?¦
Count me as interested...
The eyebrows that Iâ??ve seen have looked really cool
Better than the vinyl ones Iâ??ve seen
Keep us posted.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/10/06 04:22 AM
well, is this GB in the toilet or is there light at the end of the tunnel?
Posted By: Berkel Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/10/06 05:40 AM
We keep bumping it and giving each other hope
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/10/06 02:33 PM
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/10/06 02:46 PM
As far as interest check goes

im interested!

but price is what matters most to me...and if its too high...ill be out
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/10/06 04:36 PM
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:

yea this is kinda rediculous cause I havent heard any news regarding wtf is going on..
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/10/06 09:08 PM
yes its still going. as of right now i have one set done. ive been busy with school. im trying to cage my SVT.also im putting a four link set up, and a cage in my 70' skylark. sorry about the wait but theres a time limit on class time not on fiberglass work. i only have the weekends. ill post pictures soon of the one set.
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/10/06 09:13 PM
give the kid some time. not every one has unlimited time to work on there car.. school is a lil more important then a group buy ( for him )... just keep updated.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/11/06 04:51 PM
give the kid some time. not every one has unlimited time to work on there car.. school is a lil more important then a group buy ( for him )... just keep updated.

im fine here, I just wanted clarification that this is still going on because well kinda lost hope since we heard nothing about it..but im glad its all cleared up..
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 08/12/06 03:43 PM

im fine here, I just wanted clarification that this is still going on because well kinda lost hope since we heard nothing about it..but im glad its all cleared up..

i understand as i have seen a FEW group buys come up and lots of interest then just drop off the face of ceg.
Posted By: cannondalemtb Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 09/01/06 04:19 PM

i understand as i have seen a FEW group buys come up and lots of interest then just drop off the face of ceg.

Did this one drop off or is it still in the works?
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 09/01/06 06:05 PM
another teasing GB who will never see the light of the sun
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 09/02/06 03:01 AM
:::insert jepordy music:::
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 09/02/06 03:43 AM
its too bad if this one falls through...i would really like a set
Posted By: Berkel Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 09/02/06 03:49 AM
Originally posted by BigBEN:
its too bad if this one falls through...i would really like a set

. and would pay decent money for them.
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 09/02/06 06:42 PM
i tried to give him some time but well nothing yet.. i think this is a dead fish in the water..
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 09/05/06 08:51 AM
this is a dead fish in the water..

Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: intrest check: fiberglass eyebrows - 09/05/06 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Pen_Two:
this is a dead fish in the water..

+1
© CEG Archives