Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: HolyRollerzC3 Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/09/06 02:53 AM
I have been talking to weapon r about making a secret weapon intake for the svt/v6 contour, they arleady make a kit for it, but I am trying to get them to make one where the MAF is enbedded in the pipe, so its a straight pipe from filter to throttle body, will look alot nicer, neater, with no rubber or silicone connections... the regualr intake is like 220, so not sure how much the custom one will be but they so far have told me how many people i can get to committ? anyone interested?
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/09/06 02:55 AM
220 just for their normal...and add a maf into it...youll be looking at like 300-400.
Posted By: HolyRollerzC3 Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/09/06 02:59 AM
you'd use your sensor, take it from your piping, and put it in...
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/09/06 11:27 AM
just buy the dryer ducting and run the intake you have through that, you can go from the TB to the Filter. It would give you a clean look for next to nothing.

i have a better idea just remove the intake at the TB!!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/11/06 08:37 AM
Weapon-R will never do it ... because it hasn't been done before, they have nobody to copy the design from
Posted By: Harrry Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/11/06 07:04 PM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Weapon-R will never do it ... because it hasn't been done before, they have nobody to copy the design from

OUCH
Posted By: HolyRollerzC3 Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/12/06 01:26 AM
weapon-r told me today, 20 orders and its done... this is really an easy thing to do, they already make one like this for the focus, same maf adapter i believe, so its jsut the measurement of the straight pipe with the maf in it...easy!

but the more orders, the cheaper, thats why i was asking, otherwise, ill pay the 500 bucks for the one, and be done!
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/12/06 01:44 AM
Originally posted by HolyRollerzC3:
weapon-r told me today, 20 orders and its done... this is really an easy thing to do, they already make one like this for the focus, same maf adapter i believe, so its jsut the measurement of the straight pipe with the maf in it...easy!

but the more orders, the cheaper, thats why i was asking, otherwise, ill pay the 500 bucks for the one, and be done!

Thing is...$500 for an intake? It just doesn't add up. You can get a MAF adapter/K&N/MSDS Headers/and still have over $200 left over for gas...

If you just want to be different, go for it. Otherwise be smart and save some cash...
Posted By: jedssvt_dup1 Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/12/06 05:43 PM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:

Thing is...$500 for an intake? It just doesn't add up. You can get a MAF adapter/K&N/MSDS Headers/and still have over $200 left over for gas...

If you just want to be different, go for it. Otherwise be smart and save some cash...

I believe what â??HolyRollerzC3â? is saying is that if nobody else whatâ??s one,
it would cost him $500 for the single prototype,(Correct me if Iâ??m wrong).
But, if he could get more people interested in this piece then the prototyping fee would
be shared by everybody thatâ??s getting one.
Posted By: Harrry Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/12/06 11:13 PM
Sounds like a god idea. But i have a pro-m. So it's pointless for me to jump on this.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/13/06 02:00 AM
weapon-r told me today, 20 orders and its done... this is really an easy thing to do

Your second statement contradicts your first... I'm going out on a limb and saying you're gonna have a hard time to get 5 orders for this. Sure you might get a lot of "interest" saying "oh yeah, I'll take one fo sho!" then before it's time to collect they'll drop out.

On a related note, I am really worried about the new German plates they are making us get. With the "USA" plates I have now, the Polizei can't easily give me a citation for my car not conforming to German regs (like my cold air intake).

Supposedly our cars will have to conform with the new plates, which means I may be in the market for a complete stock intake setup
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/16/06 05:10 AM
I will have a nice CAI for sale when my blower goes on. PM me.
Posted By: Harrry Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/16/06 05:17 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

No you won't!! I am coming over to steal your blower right under your nose. HE HE
Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/16/06 01:52 PM
Originally posted by jedssvt:

I believe what â??HolyRollerzC3â? is saying is that if nobody else whatâ??s one,
But, if he could get more people interested in this piece then the prototyping fee would

can we get holyroller to confirm this? cuz if that's true, and he can get the 20 people in on this, that sounds like $25 per intake (+shipping, i imagine..) and i'd totally jump on that.
Posted By: jedssvt_dup1 Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/16/06 05:04 PM
Originally posted by GreaseyMonkey:
Originally posted by jedssvt:

can we get holyroller to confirm this? cuz if that's true, and he can get the 20 people in on this, that sounds like $25 per intake (+shipping, i imagine..) and i'd totally jump on that.

Noâ?¦Noâ?¦Noâ?¦
Not $500 ?· By number of people interestedâ?¦

From what I read in HolyRollerzC3 first post, (reading the entire post is usually a good idea) the cost of the regular intake is $220.
Sooâ?¦ ASSuming his numbers are pretty close, (this is just guessing on my part) it looks like theyâ??re charging around $280 for the prototyping.
Sooâ?¦ it would be the $280 portion of that $500, that would be shared by all thatâ??s interested.

If Iâ??m wrong or completely off base, HolyRollerzC3, please correct me.

â??drive thru speaker voiceâ? Thank you please drive throughâ?¦
Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/16/06 05:47 PM
reading sucks
Posted By: jedssvt_dup1 Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/19/06 12:14 PM
Originally posted by GreaseyMonkey:
reading sucks

No offenseâ?¦
Butâ?¦ So dose being ignorant and / or lazyâ?¦

Oh wellâ?¦ Back on topic.
Any word on whatâ??s going on HolyRollerzC3?
Posted By: morbid Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/19/06 05:45 PM
With how hot it gets in Phoenix, I'd be interested in a CAI. The problem is that the other 2 CAI's available come through where my remote oil filter is mounted. I'm curious where your pipe would exit the engine bay.
Posted By: excel4600c Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/19/06 08:59 PM

MAF adapter/K&N/MSDS Headers/and still have over $200 left over for gas...

Where the hell did you find this? I think your math is wrong.

Msds headers i was looking at were $700.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/19/06 09:12 PM
Originally posted by excel4600c:

MAF adapter/K&N/MSDS Headers/and still have over $200 left over for gas...

Where the hell did you find this? I think your math is wrong.

Msds headers i was looking at were $700.

my math isn't wrong. MSDS uncoated headers are $200 from MSDS. That is just for the headers, no coating, no y-pipe.

$200 + $30 shipping plus $30 (?) for a Maf adapter (can be found cheaper) and what are the filters...$40-50. So I think $200 left over for gas is a fair assumption.
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: Custom Intake Interest Check - 06/19/06 11:55 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

I thought that was going on before SZ
© CEG Archives