Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/06/06 05:29 PM
I'm thinking about getting a set of Carbotech pads made in the Panther Plus Compound. I'm waiting to hear on price, but I expect $100-120 per set of 4 for fronts and $80-100 for rears. This compound should be similar to but better than the Hawk HP+. These are streetable pads that start working at 150 degrees, but they'll also take serious track use. They're not a hardcore track-only pad, but from what I hear they're completely fine to run even on the most brake-intensive tracks. Carbotech has promised a discount if we can get a group together. Is anyone interested? If not, I'll just grab a set or two for myself, and leave info on the site about how to do the same. If there's any interest, there should be a good discount. It might be worth grabbing a set if you plan on wanting something like this in the future.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/07/06 12:54 AM
I plan on getting the fsvt front brake/csvt rear thing warmonger/stazi are working on. If I can get pads that work with that (is it just stock pads needed?), I'm definitely in.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/07/06 12:56 AM
They should work as the combo stazi and tom are working on utiilze stock SVT calipers front and rear
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/07/06 02:31 AM
Well count me in. I've heard nothing but good things at auto'xs about carbotechs.
Posted By: MLuko Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/07/06 02:35 AM
People who want them!
1. Kremithefrog
2. Tour4reak
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/07/06 01:32 PM
They're $107/$96 if I buy two sets. I'm working on getting a price for more - I'm going to shoot for 8-10 sets, probably. I expect another 10% off, but I'm not sure. I hope to finalize this soon, since I hate GBs that drag on for weeks, months, or years.

These are the only truly track-worthy pad available for the Contour. They are also probably the best option for a serious autocross pad. They will dust, they will be noisier than stock, and they will stop your car like a freaking anchor. They're also long life and pretty good on rotors for a pad this grippy.
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/07/06 06:09 PM
People who want them!
1. Kremithefrog
2. Tour4reak
3. sonza68
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/07/06 07:04 PM
Email from Carbotech for you to see:

Yes, the AX6 compound (panther plus) is the way to go for everyday street driving mixed with autox and track day events. They do create some dust and noise, but it's not that big a deal. Yes, if you put together a group of contour guys I will give you a good discount. We can order those backing plates from one our suppliers, or you guys can send us some used ones (no damage). Tell me how many guys you think you can get together to do a group buy and I will let you know what I can do. Our pads are all Ceramic based, so they have excellent modulation and are very rotor friendly. Please let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

For the front in AX6, the price is $119 and $107 for the rear. If you order two sets I will take off 10% from the total.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/09/06 04:20 PM
Wow! I've wanted these for a while, but the timing is off. Don't need new pads right now, and don't want them sitting in my cluttered garage.

I think they'd be awesome pads, though--just as you describe. I read about them in GRM.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/09/06 06:21 PM
Well, this is a good time to get a deal. Even if you don't grab them now, you can get them anytime at the full price, just ask me and I'll PM you the contact info.

I think I'm going to wrap this up. Should I ask for a price for four sets, or does anyone want two sets? Also, these are all for regular Contour or E1 calipers, and 4-wheel discs, right? No drums or E0 calipers?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/09/06 08:26 PM
I'll take two sets IF it helps get a lower price, otherwise, I'll just take one set.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/10/06 08:17 PM
I'm interested, but let me check my current pads to see if theres a lot of life left or not

Also, I realize that these aren't made as a low dust pad, but how will they compare to the stockers for brake dust?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/11/06 11:41 AM
These pads will dust, probably more than the stock pads. I have not run both so I can't compare.
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/12/06 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Also, these are all for regular Contour or E1 calipers, and 4-wheel discs, right? No drums or E0 calipers?

Mine are for a Cougar which is the same as the E1 calipers, and yes, it has rear discs.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/12/06 02:03 AM
Sorry guys gonna bail on this one
Posted By: T-RED 98 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/12/06 02:57 AM
Count me in for a full set. My stockers are toast as it is.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/12/06 02:07 PM
People who want them!
1. Kremithefrog
2. Tour4reak
3. sonza68
4. T-Red 98
5. Auto-X Fil

Okay, I'll get a price for 5 sets and see what happens. Even though I don't need these now, I don't want this to fall apart while messing around waiting for nothing.

So, everyone here can paypal me $200+ this week? I'm not plunking down $1000+ with no profit margin on these things without getting paypal'd.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/12/06 04:15 PM
I'll be out of town wednesday through sunday. Let me know tommorrow and I can paypal, otherwise it will be sunday/monday.
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/12/06 08:02 PM
Just let me know the final cost, and I should have it to you within a day or two.
Posted By: T-RED 98 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/13/06 05:46 AM
I'm ready whenever.
Posted By: MLuko Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/14/06 01:15 AM
People who want them!
1. Kremithefrog
2. Tour4reak
3. sonza68
4. T-Red 98
5. Auto-X Fil

Okay, I'll get a price for 5 sets and see what happens. Even though I don't need these now, I don't want this to fall apart while messing around waiting for nothing.

So, everyone here can paypal me $200+ this week? I'm not plunking down $1000+ with no profit margin on these things without getting paypal'd.

so that 200+ is for the front and rear?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/14/06 02:18 PM
Yes, $200 for every pad on the car.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/15/06 01:47 PM
For the front in AX6, the price is $119 and $107 for the rear, that's $226 per set.

For two sets, 10% off.

For 5 sets, 25% off!

Group buy price: $170 per set (+ ship) Not freakin' bad! Now we're pretty close to Hawk prices.

I'm working out shipping. As soon as I have a shipping price you can paypal me the money and I'll put it on a credit card.

Don't forget new rotors from Stazi to make the most of these! Putting these on old rotors could really make break-in tough, and produce dissapointing results. Pads, rotors, and a flush are a must-do before a track event, for those going on-track with these.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/19/06 01:16 PM
Okay, it's $190 including shipping and paypal fees. It may be a little less ($5?), and if it is, I'll include a refund in your package. If it's more, and I don't think it will be, I'll take the hit. Paypal ptm121 AT psu.edu from a bank account (I can't take credit cards since I have a personal account) and we'll get this rolling.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/19/06 04:30 PM
Okay, you can send $195 via credit-card to filmaynard AT gmail.com if you'd rather. If possible, save the extra $5 on fees and just use my personal account in the last post and pay from a bank account.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/19/06 04:40 PM
Money sent
Posted By: T-RED 98 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/19/06 05:23 PM
Money sent and pm sent.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/20/06 01:15 PM
Paid:

Kremit
Sonza

T-Red is paying tomorrow

Still haven't contacted me:
Tour4reak.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 06/21/06 07:23 PM
T-Red, thanks for kicking butt to make sure I got the money. It looks good on ya. Here's a vote of confidence for you if you need references for doing buisiness online.

Kremit and Sonza were both very promt as well. I just mentioned T-Red because he had trouble making it happen, but kept me informed and did it as quickly as he could manage.

I have not heard from Tour4reak. Pads ordered anyway, but his are up for grabs if you get me the money first. Just paypal me and they're yours. Sorry, Tour4reak, I understand you might not have internet access right now or something, but I'm sitting on a $200 set of brake pads here...
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads: one set left! - 06/23/06 12:54 PM
Tour4freak bailed. Anyone want another set? If you've already bought one set, these are $180 (I can ship them in one package). If not, $190 gets you a $226+ship set of pads delivered to your door...
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads: one set left! - 07/10/06 04:37 PM
Pads should be shipping to me tomorrow, and I'll send them out to you next week. There's still one set available.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads: one set left! - 07/11/06 07:04 PM
I'll have them tomorrow, and I'll try to ship them this week. PM me the address you want them sent to, guys. Remember - grab another set now for a discount if you might need them! Shipping wasn't bad, so it's going to be $175 for a second set if you want. That's a heck of a lot better than the $226 + ship Carbotech will charge you.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 07/13/06 01:38 PM

Lookey here! The pads look good, and fit my calipers just fine. I'll ship soon, but it might be Saturday by the time I get boxes that fit them well and actually get them out. Expect them sometime next week.

BTW, there was a mixup on price. Danny has agreed to make good and will honor the lower price, but he says he meant to offer 15% total, not 25% total, and quoted me the wrong price. So, you'd better grab the last set if you might want two - the next GB will cost more!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 07/13/06 09:26 PM
Yay brake pads!
Posted By: SVTforme_dup1 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 07/14/06 09:44 PM
Can you get any more of these?? I seemed to have overlooked this thread.

I'd love to have a pad I could use on the track hard, but still use them on the street. I do not care how loud they are or how much dust they make as long as they work..

Only prob is that I am running FSVT fronts..
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 07/14/06 11:34 PM
Contact Carbotech for info. They'll make them for you. There's still a set of regular Contour pads left, and ready to ship...
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 07/16/06 04:28 PM
Okay, I had to work yesterday so I got delayed again. They are boxed up and I will ship them tomorrow morning before work.
Posted By: SVTforme_dup1 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 07/16/06 11:49 PM
Contact Carbotech for info. They'll make them for you. There's still a set of regular Contour pads left, and ready to ship...

Yeah, I am going to do that right now. Anyone out there interested in FSVT front pads?? Would be nice to get a group discount price.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 07/17/06 05:47 PM
Shipped.
Posted By: SVTforme_dup1 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 07/18/06 04:09 PM
I spoke with Carbotech and they said they would offer me the discount as well... and will give one regardless of what pads or vehicle they are for.

If anyone out there needs them for their "other" vehicles, you can get in on the group buy as well. I needed SVTF fronts for road racing (different compound from above) and they said no prob - excellent guys to deal with!
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 07/18/06 06:29 PM
You road race your Contour??
Posted By: SVTforme_dup1 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 07/18/06 08:15 PM
You could say that . Nothing competitive.. just for fun.

Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 07/18/06 08:29 PM
That's not road racing Open track events are pretty different than wheel-to-wheel racing.

Looks like turns 1-2 at Gingerman. Nice track, I'd like to make it out there sometime.
Posted By: SVTforme_dup1 Re: Carbotech Brake Pads - 07/18/06 09:17 PM
Yes, that would be correct.. no "road racing" with this car at least. I have to get to work somehow in morning.. the big difference being I have no dents in the body at the end of the day and chances are I stay on the track the whole time .

Having said that.. the brakes do get up to the same or similar temps, so these should work great.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Carbotech Brake Pads: IMPORTANT - 07/19/06 12:50 PM
ATTENTION! I just put mine on and I discovered the backing plates for the outside front pads have three little nubs on them. The outer two shouldn't be there, and need to be ground off to make them fit.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Carbotech Brake Pads: IMPORTANT - 07/20/06 03:01 AM
Got them today. Any idea why they have those nubs? Think we should tell carbotech so they know for future orders?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Carbotech Brake Pads: IMPORTANT - 07/20/06 12:53 PM
I let them know. They buy from a big backing-plate manuf. so I'm surprised they came that way. I wonder if some calipers accomodate them?
© CEG Archives