Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Aluminum adjuster knobs for your koni struts! Modified from the original ones so they reach the rear shocks.... no more stripping plastic shallow koni adjuster knobs! These are made by JJ Shocks and has our logo on them (the JJ stands for Joe(me) and Jim(maker)).... check it out---> if you would like one post +1 and I will go from there. We are looking at about $15 each shipped roughly. Deals on GB of 20 or more.

p.s. if you do not like the logo, i'm sure the triangular sticker that goes on the shock can be ordered from koni and will cover the JJ shocks.

Come on guys..... no one is even interested?! You have to be kidding me....
i would be but those damned "JJ" not good. can you make a set without that on it? if the "JJ" was done on a C&C machine can i design a logo for you? of course then i would want a free set.
Could you put a CEG logo on it? I would want one that said CEG or SVT.
+1, send me a PM to let me know when you need a payment sent to you. I will pay via Paypal so please include your e-mail for Paypal.

Aaron
+1 I really need one of these...I was thinking about making one...you guys rock!
possibly interested. without logo or something besides the logo featured would be acceptable.

-a
Originally posted by 111R:
possibly interested. without logo or something besides the logo featured would be acceptable.

-a

WTF cares about a logo! I have been dropping out my rear suspension to adjust the damn things! I have stripped not only my knobs but my friend's!
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:
I have stripped not only my knobs but my friend's!

listen what you and your boyfriend do in private is your own business. there is no need to post it on here.

joe, i am in.
Originally posted by m!key:
I have stripped not only my knobs but my friend's!

listen what you and your boyfriend do in private is your own business. there is no need to post it on here.

joe, i am in.

Yeah, I def should've seen that one coming...
justa little payback for the harness comments.

=1
Yes, they can be made with no logo... I have 5 made with logos already, and two are mine. The entire knob is made on a CNC machine out of a block of aluminum and a nice CEG oval with CEG in the middle would look nice....

I believe the cnc machine that these are made on can not load images to be milled. The coordinates have to be put in manually but I will check.

Mike, could you make a pic with a CEG logo on it for me? If not I will just take the logo off our CEG main page. I could print that off and show my future father inlaw Jim and see what he can do... He does this on his free time at work and I will check to see if he is up for making 20 off the bat and only have 20 available for sale, so first come first served.

Thanks for the info...

I had him make the ones with the JJ on them so he felt like he was part of the CEG crew. It makes it more fun for him.
Oh, and should I keep the arrow with the plus symbol on there?

-a

WTF cares about a logo!

if i pay for it I DO.
Count me in. I just want the functionality could care less about some logo I will take a couple, I occasionally lose things like that
I will see how the interest increases over the next week or so and will have him start making 20 and that will be all that will be available for now. I would like some addresses of some of you that are interested to make sure I am not taking to big of a hit for the shipping. Price may go to $20 shipped but it is well worth it for the quality and that it is cncd aluminum..... I will keep all informed! JOE
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
Oh, and should I keep the arrow with the plus symbol on there?

I think you should keep it for us that forget every now and then!

-a

WTF cares about a logo!

if i pay for it I DO.

BOO HOO!

Joe I def wnat one! Can you give it to me at SZ!?!?! BTW future father in law!?

this one?

and father in law?! wtf?
I haven't asked her yet, but it is inevitable...... I think that logo is a bit much for entering coordinates for... that swoosh would be difficult.... I think I will show him the main page logo: the oval with a simular CEG font not italics... nice logo though mike!

I can bring them to SZ also... Maybe i can put a couple in the raffle! hmmmm
I'll take 2 if you will ship to the UK ??
Let me know
I'm interested.
+1 without logo would be perfect Joe. Lemme know payment info.
+1 with or without logo, whatever works better for you.
Originally posted by GetLucky151�©:
+1 with or without logo, whatever works better for you.

+1
I just ordered the Koni kit, so put me down for one. I could care less about the logo since the knob will be living in my glove box.
sounds good guys.... I think they will be logoless just to save time to get more made.

As for shipping to the UK.... Ummm I will send them there but you will have to pay exact shipping.

I have to talk to Jim about how much time he has and what the material will cost. I will inform all as I learn more - JOE
bring mine to the meeting point.
Paying exact shipping is fine mate.
I'm interested too.
interested..

and i could care less wtf is on the top i say you make them how you see fit and those that dont buy them cuz of the logo can sit and watch the other guys easily adjust their rear konis
put me down
put me down

ok, your cf hood and trunk look gay.

oh wait, thats putting your car down
Originally posted by a troll Aarrrrrrr:
put me down

ok, your cf hood and trunk look gay.

oh wait, thats putting your car down

wtf is all this?! thanks for calling my car gay man i appriciate it.

hey man, im just keepin it real.

besides, i told you that before

btw, jose crashed the 3L monster
Originally posted by a troll Aarrrrrrr:
interested..

and i could care less wtf is on the top i say you make them how you see fit and those that dont buy them cuz of the logo can sit and watch the other guys easily adjust their rear konis

EXACTLY! Who gives a rat's azz what it says...lives in the glovebox and does it's job from time to time!

Is the product made by a CEG company...NO...it's made by joe and if he wants to put his logo on there he has every damn right to! He is offering it anyways!
yeah! so there!
Why is everyone bitching about adjuating the rear.You'll get two knobs from koni,all you have to do is cut 3/8 of an inch off the bottom of one of the adjusters.For those that have been doing it the hardway
interested.

Word
Originally posted by tsSVT:
Why is everyone bitching about adjuating the rear.You'll get two knobs from koni,all you have to do is cut 3/8 of an inch off the bottom of one of the adjusters.For those that have been doing it the hardway

I've stripped mine out as have many other people!
hmm.... good point. I'll ask my non-contour friend if he's interested in a set. As long as the person doesn't need the shaft length, these should work on other platforms, right?
I will buy! Have not been able to adjust my rear settings since installation.
Originally posted by morbid:
hmm.... good point. I'll ask my non-contour friend if he's interested in a set. As long as the person doesn't need the shaft length, these should work on other platforms, right?

It should work as long as the flat adjuster tab on their shock is the same as ours.... might want to check that - JOE
I Likey! I'm in, just say when,where,how..........

BTW: How about Anodised? (bad spelling) Blue/Red
Originally posted by supertouringmike:
I Likey! I'm in, just say when,where,how..........

BTW: How about Anodised? (bad spelling) Blue/Red

No anodized..... sorry

I talked to Jim today about making them.... GREAT NEWS! 30 are being produced!

No logo, just smooth faced.

Final price--->

1 KNOB: $20.00 SHIPPED in US
$15.00 PLUS shipping out of US
$15.00 NO SHIPPING FEE IF PICKED UP AT SZ06 IF READY

2 KNOBS: $35.00 SHIPPED in US
$30.00 PLUS shipping out of US
$30.00 NO SHIPPING FEE IF PICKED UP AT SZ0 IF
READY

I will post when I have some and then you can send any and all money to:

Money Orders or Paypal

MO TO:
Joe Barnes
219 Spring St.
Fox Lake, WI 53933

PAYPAL TO:
blu_fuz@yahoo.com

Those who have enquired about the knobs already need to pm me with names and addresses and knob count.

Any Qs just ask - JOE

920-344-6982
+1 at SZ.
Originally posted by m!key:
+1 at SZ.

You got it dude!(thumbs up)
4 knobs spoken for
26 knobs not spoken for

PM sent .

Aaron
+1 @ SZ06.
6 knobs spoken for
24 knobs not spoken for
Just bring them to SZ as stated. And don't forget to announce you brought them so I errr we don't forget.
+1 at Spring Zing.
Money sent (paypal) for 2 + shipping $35.00

9 knobs spoken for
21 knobs not spoken for

2 knobs paid for
+1 SZ06 for me. Thanks Joe!
14 knobs spoken for
16 knobs not spoken for

2 knobs paid for
You said first come first served... Does that mean paying customers are first in line?
It should be that way, but it is not. This is how it works:

First 30 knob people tell me what they want.
Then I make them and contact them when theirs are made.
If they have not paid, after contact, the knobs will go to someone else. Contactees will be given 4 days to send payment if they havn't already.

I just don't want people to pay yet because I don't have the finished product in my hand to give them.... ya know?...
17 knobs spoken for
13 knobs not spoken for

5 knobs paid for

ill take one for sure
I'll take two.
22 knobs spoken for
8 knobs not spoken for

5 knobs paid for

These are going fast! daaaang. For those who have sent money, thank you. I will hold this money until your knobs are ready and I will ship them out asap.

NO ONE ELSE SEND MONEY YET - I WILL CONTACT THOSE WHO HAVE LEFT ME WITH A NAME AND ADDRESS WITH KNOB COUNT IN THE ORDER I HAVE RECIEVED THE PMS. Then you will be asked to send money.

Thanks again to all of ya - JOE

You guys are gonna love these!
I want a set for my car!
+1 @ SZ06
I'll take 2. Just PM me.
29 knobs spoken for
1 knobs not spoken for

5 knobs paid for

NO ONE ELSE SEND MONEY YET - I WILL CONTACT THOSE WHO HAVE LEFT ME WITH A NAME AND ADDRESS WITH KNOB COUNT IN THE ORDER I HAVE RECIEVED THE PMS. Then you will be asked to send money.

Thanks again to all of ya - JOE

You guys are gonna love these!

ONE MORE KNOB AVAILABLE! NEXT PERSON TO ENQUIRE IS THE LAST ONE!
GONE! I will be contacting everyone who sent me their info when you knob is ready - I will also be informing you if they are coming to SZ or not. JOE
Am I in?
Yes you are in the count for 2 knobs - I need your name and address though - please send it to me via PM. Thanks - JOE
PM sent.
For what it's worth, this is a patently horrible idea. The Koni adjusters are designed to fail before the damper does if overtightened. Having a solid knob could lead to premature failure of the damper because you're making the J hook the weak part of the equation rather than the adjuster. Don't prove PT Barnum right on this one.
Then again...

it is fairly obvious when you have reached full tight. It should not be that difficult to adjust without the kind of shock damaging force you are talking about.
Originally posted by weargle:
For what it's worth, this is a patently horrible idea. The Koni adjusters are designed to fail before the damper does if overtightened. Having a solid knob could lead to premature failure of the damper because you're making the J hook the weak part of the equation rather than the adjuster. Don't prove PT Barnum right on this one.

I am including a discloser with all knobs I send out. I am not responsible for damage to any and all shocks because of overtightening and stress to the internals of the shock. I understand that the plastic knobs are designed to fail b4 the shock does. These are more designed for the "hard to reach" rear adjuster flanges on the rear shocks. AND they look good enough for the people who are in car shows to put on your shocks under the hood to show them off. I agree 100% - JOE
Any chance of another batch? I need to check this forum a bit more often.

If they aren't available now, can you put my name in a safe place to contact me 1s t if nother batch happens to pop-up somewhere?

Or hell, I'll even put myself in a stand-by position so when the usual CEG memebr fails to come through with the $$, I am there.
I will keep your info for the unexpected "drop out" in the group buy. As of now, this is the only batch. BUT, I will work on getting more. - JOE
Eric L can take mine.
I'm interested if anyone else drops out.
Hey Joe... you can change me to just 1. That'll free up 1 knob for someone else.
I am just going to leave everything as it is. I will just contact everyone that I have already when the knobs are ready, and then you can tell me if you still want just one or two. Then if you don't want any, a referral to someone else would be ok too. AIGHT?! sounds good - now, for those who want to be on the "someone dropped out" list just post here and I will contact you in order of the day of your post. - JOE
Thanks Rawburt and Morbid.

Whichever of you wants to change your order, please let me know and I will be glad to fill the order and give the knob a good, loving home.
That kind of sounded gross.... lol

Pervert

hahahah
I sent out 5 knobs today! the lucky first will get them around thursday! post if you get one and let everyone know what you think! JOE
Joe,

I haven't gotten a PM from you, did you want me to send my payment in now?

Aaron

The knob will be sent to Canada so let me know how much extra to send on your paypal address.
Did i get in on this for 2 knobs
Originally posted by PEWTNERST24:
Did i get in on this for 2 knobs

yes you did - I will contact you when they are ready.... FOR THOSE WHO WANTED THEM FOR SZ, I don't think they will be ready for our meet... It takes 6hrs to make 6 knobs and these are only being made on saturdays.... but if anything changes and I can bring some, I will let all of you know -

I will be putting one in the raffle for sz so if you didn't get on the list there will be one there for sure! - JOE
Thanx
I would like to have mine now, Fuzzy.
you will get it soon enough pm me your addy! Later dude - JOE
You sending it yet. I shipped over the addy to ya.
I got your addy but have not got any more knobs yet.... I can send you a JJ shocks one if you would like.. let me know - JOE
Just wondering if you have an idea when you are going to get the blank ones in. Or if you could PayPal me back the $20 if you aren't getting them soon. Thanks.
I can paypal the $ 20 back or send you a JJ knob - Here is the deal with the knobs...:
Jim is leaving for vacation in a week from 6-20-06 and the shop he works at is going on strike as far as I know - I did get the first batch of 6 out already but as far as the others, I have no lead time to give anyone... I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I will stop at a local metal fab shop to see what they will charge me for these and the price will be lowered if they can do it for cheaper.... I will update asap - JOE
I'm in no rush, just let me know when they become available .

Aaron
Yeah, if you could, PayPal me the $20. Need gas money this week.
any updates?
This blows... I have let a handfull of CEGers down saying I could get these done... I have taken the prototype knob to a metal fab shop so I can continue the group buy. He has not gotten back to me and that was just over a week ago. Other than that, Jim has gone off of strike, but their new contract with the company doesn't allow them to do projects for themselves off of company time and using the company's tools... all I can do as of now is call the Metal shop and see what he has come up with for a price - the new knobs will cost not a penny more than previous posts - I will eat the extra cost just to get these out to you all... thanks for not tearing me a new A-hole... JOE
Joe glad to see you are still doing this GB, hope all goes well with the new shop.

Aaron
for sure... I am pushing for these sooo bad! I wil keep everyone informed - thanks for being patient - JOE
I am very interested in one as well.

If you have the dimensions I can creat for you a CAD model which can be converted to an IGES file and you can take that to any shop that has a computer aided machine.

Let me know.
no need, but thanks for the interest - When I finally talk to this guy, I will probably get 50+ made just for the other people that might be interested. later - JOE
Hey guys�

I work at a company that manufactures/ repairs cryogenic tanker trailers,
I get to do all of the repair shop drawings and solid models.
I also have to deal with some of our fab. venders.
If you have a dwg, iges, dxf or dft file or even a prototype,
I can see about getting a quote from one of our people.

I don�t even have Koni�s, but to just help out the community.
Just let me know.
jedssvt@hotmail.com or
john@alloycustomproducts.com

I just got 10 more knobs! super duper - these are the next people on the list in the order i recieved contact, let me know if you have changed your mind:
1. 111R (1 knob)
2. SVT SNOB (1 knob)
3. XCHANG (1 knob)
4. RAWBURT (1 knob)
5. TODRAS (1 knob)
6. GETLUCKY151 (1 knob)
7. PEWTNERST24 (2 knobs)<-I will contact you about shipping.
8. MOXNIX (2 knobs)

Price has changed becuase this has just taken waaaaaayyyy to long.
$15 shipped for 1 knob in USA
$30 shipped for 2 knobs in USA

© CEG Archives