Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: cougarguy939 **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/04/06 02:04 PM
I have another group buy started on NECO, it will go down at the end march. If you interested I will be posting instructions soon, and the price is looking to be a discounted rate since we have ten buyers and it should be $285 now.

http://www.newcougar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87958

Posted By: cougarguy939 Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/04/06 04:25 PM
Please post here or on neco if you are interested so i know how many buyers we will have
Posted By: SvtTour98.5-3 Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/04/06 05:09 PM
I'm down for $285!! I've got a 3L UIM tho. I talked to them before, you'd have to send it to PA b/c the other branches don't do what we're asking.

Let us know when it's on for sure.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/04/06 05:16 PM
i'm in too...i wasnt going to spend much more on the car,but since i'm planning a 3l this i can do
Posted By: Harrry Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/04/06 06:28 PM
Interested
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/04/06 07:38 PM
just in time for my turbo 3L setup.....im down for this GB

whats the turnaround on this? i live real close to EH could i just pick mine up instead of them shipping it to me?

Posted By: cougarguy939 Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/05/06 04:19 AM
ok the deal that is running only applies to the 2.5L duratec manifold, and as far as picking it up instead of shipping it that shouldnt be a problem as of right now its set to go down at the end of march
Posted By: tropictour Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/05/06 05:16 AM
Id also like to know the turnaround on this.
-tropictour
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/05/06 05:44 AM
Interested....But same question as above

Also, is it $285 out the door?
Posted By: cougarguy939 Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/05/06 07:11 PM
right now i believe it will be $285 out the door (not including shipping), also i am waiting for a response on the turnaround time on this hopefully monday.

Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/06/06 12:24 AM
lol, I think "out the door" would include shipping...
Posted By: cougarguy939 Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/06/06 01:10 AM
not really i have a few buyers who want to just go and pick theirs up, so it will be $285 plus shipping and I should have a turnaround time for you guys tommorow
Posted By: Harrry Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/06/06 01:25 AM

Which of the 4 locations are you using? I would like to drop mine off also.
Posted By: cougarguy939 Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/06/06 01:37 AM
i believe its somewhere in PA but i can get an address for you if you like
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/06/06 02:44 AM
yeah, by "out the door" i meant shipped...

Still interested but just update with shipping and turn-around time...
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/06/06 01:00 PM
yes post the addy please.

Also what all exactly is this GB for. i.e what all will the company be doing for the 285. Sorry kinda a newb question.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/07/06 12:22 AM
Originally posted by teamSVTour:

Also what all exactly is this GB for. i.e what all will the company be doing for the 285. Sorry kinda a newb question.

..no,that's a good question,is it a single pass,dual pass,or max hone???..inquiring minds would like to know
Posted By: cougarguy939 Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/07/06 04:20 AM
ok i believe this will be a max hone, the intakes will come back @193cfm and i also got this info from my contact at the company today

here are the instructions right from the company:

"send a packing list with there intake. include name, day time phone number and return shipping address. Also list that you are part of the neco group buy so you can receive the group rate. The turn around time is app. 3 weeks"
Posted By: cougarguy939 Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/07/06 07:24 PM
ok here is the new link with the instructions and everything

http://www.newcougar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91836
Posted By: bensenvill Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/07/06 07:56 PM
Originally posted by tour96SeVT:

..no,that's a good question,is it a single pass,dual pass,or max hone???..inquiring minds would like to know

that price is for max-honing
Posted By: bensenvill Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/07/06 07:58 PM
Originally posted by cougarguy939:
i believe its somewhere in PA but i can get an address for you if you like

its the PA address [just look on their website, its something like 1000 industrial drive]. but it IS a PO box. So the only company you can use to ship is the USPS [and shipping for me from chicago w/ 300 insured was 19 bucks].
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/07/06 08:20 PM
whats the HRSP increase we are looking at w/ this done. Lets say we have an RU4030 K&N and very little to none exhaust mods.

Also the SVT is my DD so that pretty much makes me SOL even though I'm located in Md right now but have relatives in about an hour from Irwin
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/07/06 09:20 PM
whats the HRSP increase we are looking at w/ this done. Lets say we have an RU4030 K&N and very little to none exhaust mods.

Also the SVT is my DD so that pretty much makes me SOL even though I'm located in Md right now but have relatives in about an hour from Irwin

as its been dyno proven before,dont expect alot of hp/tq from this on a stock vehicle..like any mod,the more complimenting mods you have the better it'll work..somethng like 3-5 hp if i remember correctly...it does change your tq curve a bit too
Posted By: cougarguy939 Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/07/06 10:03 PM
I asked about shipping specificly and he said you can ship with whoever you want
Posted By: bensenvill Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/07/06 11:57 PM
Originally posted by cougarguy939:
I asked about shipping specificly and he said you can ship with whoever you want

fedex/ups/dhl do not deliver to PO boxes.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/08/06 01:44 PM

as its been dyno proven before,dont expect alot of hp/tq from this on a stock vehicle..like any mod,the more complimenting mods you have the better it'll work..somethng like 3-5 hp if i remember correctly...it does change your tq curve a bit too

I've tried to find a good answer to this, and there isn't one. I searched high and low, and found one dyno that showed a 3hp gain, and one that showed a 4hp loss. The only thing I remember about mods each dyno had, was that the one that lost had intake and exhuast mods on a 2.5L. The gain, I dont remember what the car had done to it. Bottom line is my research was inconclusive.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: **Group buy for Extrude Hone** - 03/08/06 03:46 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

I've tried to find a good answer to this, and there isn't one. I searched high and low, and found one dyno that showed a 3hp gain, and one that showed a 4hp loss. The only thing I remember about mods each dyno had, was that the one that lost had intake and exhuast mods on a 2.5L. The gain, I dont remember what the car had done to it. Bottom line is my research was inconclusive.

Don't expect much on a lightly modded car. If your goal is a modded 3L or turbo you will benefit more. It's one of those things that work with all the other little things added together. Example...we dynoed my car before and after the same day (we swapped out the UIM between pulls). My car had MSDS headers & y-pipe, Bassani catback and a K&N RU-3530. I dynoed 170.5 hp @ 6750, 143.4 lb @ 5750...after we installed the Max Flow UIM I dynoed 171.6 hp @ 6750, 145.3 lb @ 5500...a gain of only 1.1 HP and 1.8 LB (max torque came in a 250 rpm lower). Notice both dynos results were limited do to the factory rev limiter...HP did not max out on either pull. Now on SVT Pete's (now GTO Pete) heavily modded but un-tuned 3L he dynoed 202.4 hp @ 6500 and 177.0 lb @ 5750 the same day, pretty sure the Max-Flow had a hand in his results and if you search around the site it is one of the highest HP N/A 3L dynos including Dynojet dynos as well. Note these both were done on a Mustang Dyno and both cars were limited by the factory rev limiter and both would benefit from a good tune and increased rev limit according to the shop doing the dyno.

hth,
Scott
© CEG Archives