Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Here is a link to the Pics
LINKY!!

The mounts are $25 dollars shipped (Canada $35 US) and come with the 3/4" mdf subwoofer mount, 4 bolts, 4 nuts, 8 washers and how to instructions. Can be made for any size Subwoofer 10" and under.

If want it made out of fiberglass its $50 (Canada $60 US)shipped the difference is weight, around a pound for the Fiberglass mount.

For speakers any other size than 10's i need to know the mounting diameter or the kinda of speaker using soo I can look it up.

Paypal to Jkanakry@new.rr.com

I have 3 mounts for 10" subs already made.

In the paypal messages put your screen name, and what size Subwoofer mount you would like. Post your Screen name in this Thread when paid.

Any Questions ask.
Ok, 3 things
1.How easy does the rear deck cover come off?
2.What is the best way for vibration dampening on the rear deck?
3. Is 10" the best sub to use for free air applications or would a 12" be better or even fit?
Rear deck comes off with 10 plastic push pin things very easy.

Get some Edead from Elemental Designs, like 10 sq ft would be plenty.

I don't think the 12 would fit. as if im not mistaken the area to mount is like 11.5"s
Will this interfere with a rear strut bar?
No, Mine is homemade and not like this duders, but there is alot of space between the two...

You can kind of see my little 8" memphis there in the decklid. but its not close to the strut bar
i have a 15" solo baric i would love to put back there. i want it to look like those cars that Dub makes, with the sub in the back and the amps and nitrous all mounted under the reard window. can you make it work??
oh yeah, i dont want any neon, that would be a bit too much.
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Will this interfere with a rear strut bar?

Nope
I'll Paypal you in a few days as soon as my funds transfer clears.
PayPal sent for 1 mount - 10" sub.
1. CSVT1214 (paid)
I only saw one area where the sub can go, but can we make it so that two of the fit on the deck lid?
I could make 2 8's fit but 2 tens would be risky.

2 8's would be 65shipped as i would have to figure out the setup up and test fit and such but i think its possible
you have a pm
OK heres the Options i have had alot of PM's

1 8 or 10" Subwoofer mount (MDF)~$25 shipped
1 8 or 10" Subwoofer mount (Fiberglass)~$50 Shipped
1 dual 8" Subwoofer mounts (MDF)~$65 shipped (would require slight modifing of the rear deck, Just cutting the hole that is already there slightly larger.)
1. CSVT1214 (paid)
2. starjammir (Paid)
Paypal sent!
1. CSVT1214 (paid)
2. starjammir (Paid)
3. Jeb Hoge (Paid)
Paypal Sent
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
1. CSVT1214 (paid)
2. starjammir (Paid)
3. Jeb Hoge (Paid)
4. BlueMystique (Paid)
5. Y2KSVT (Paid)

Paypal sent!! 10" sub. Thanks Steeda!

Mark
Got the three tens done hopefully gonna get them shipped by wendsday. Gotta do some minor sanding first becuase the rotozip was acting fruity.

The Eights wont ship until after as i need to see if the hole is too big, Becuase your mounting it from the bottom if its too big you have nothing to screw into soo im gonna check it out on Wendsday when i bring starjammer his.

Still have write up the instructions to but that should only take a few mins.

Oh boy. I can imagine this is going to be the Steeda Special, with chicken scratches, scribbles, and the usual spelling/grammar errors? As long as I can follow them, I'll be fine. Hopefully a few pictures/diagrams will come along with it!

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Oh boy. I can imagine this is going to be the Steeda Special, with chicken scratches, scribbles, and the usual spelling/grammar errors? As long as I can follow them, I'll be fine. Hopefully a few pictures/diagrams will come along with it!

Mark

For that comment ill accidently forget to send your with instructions, Piss off you wanker
All the 10"s Will be sent out tonight,
Im gonna get some pics and email everyone the instructions as it will be easier with the pics
1. CSVT1214 (paid) Shipped
2. starjammir (Paid)
3. Jeb Hoge (Paid) Shipped
4. BlueMystique (Paid)
5. Y2KSVT (Paid) SHIPPED

Got my mount in and installed...great job Jason..I love it plus I got to chose whether I wanted the gray or the girly blue Sounds good..no rattles and the 10 sq feet of edead is perfect I think.
Over all A+ Job
Thanks again
Is a JL Audio 8W04 8'' Subwoofer a good choice for this type of setup?
Received!! Thanks Steeda!! Now where are those directions?

Mark
Here is the directions I got... "Have that (forgot the word) help you hold it up and drill up. If you cant figure it out from there then you are useless"
Originally posted by BlueMystique:

im not sure W0s are good for anything....
What's a good 8" IB Sub then?
Im using a MTX and like it so far
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Received!! Thanks Steeda!! Now where are those directions?

Mark

Ok heres the directions,
Sorry no pics but its simple.

To Remove the rear deck carpet, remove the 10 push pin plastic peices, the seat back lock plastic peices and the middle seat belt cover.

disconnect the third brake wire if applicable.

remove the rear deck carpet.

Take mount and hold it up to the hole centering the subwoofer over the hole. drill either 2 holes for the 10 or 4 holes for the eight all the way threw the rear deck.

Then mount the sub to the bottom of the board.

then drop the bolts threw the board and put a washer on the bottom and the nut. Might need to use vise grips to hold the top of the bolt while tightening the nut. until its into the rear deck. for the 8 do that for all 4 bolts.

for the 10's use the 2 Self tapping screws and run them into the beam that runs across the rear deck.

Reinstall is reverse but make sure you run the Third brake wire.

Simple guys. Any questions ask

Steeda
Originally posted by svt4stv:
Originally posted by BlueMystique:

im not sure W0s are good for anything....

other than the 8ib the 8w0 would be one of the best JL options

MTX 5500 or 6000's are decent too
what about a JL W6...I think I still have one of those laying around somewhere
possibly but i don't think as well as the other recommended
Okay I can get a JL audio 8" for $79 new,
Add me to the list for 10" MDF, sending paypal tonight.
Anyone else?
I sent out the 5 people that paypaled me.
i will take one for free, thanks.
You'll get one at Spring zing just remind me for making the SW logo
you are the man!
Got mine, although I haven't taken it out of the packaging yet.
LOL, my packaging RULES!!!!!
Payment sent...I can hear the summer tunes already!
Paypal sent, cant wait to install it!
Recieved!!!

10" mounts will be made soon
Paypal sent, plz send a MDF 10"
paypal sent for 10", Thanks
Kanakry SVT: post in the Skunkworks sub group buy that everyones order has shipped except the Canadian order
As stated before all orders Except the Canada ones have been shipped.
Sending to canada takes me longer becuase the USPS is only open when my shop is open.

anyone have pics of it install?
Anyone else want one?

11 have been made to date. I have 3 10" mounts waiting
Anyone else interested? I have 3 10" subwoofer for sale to.

If you buy a mount and a sub ill cut whoever a good deal.

2 weeks left for this then Im closing it.

May 10th is the Last day
paypal sent MDF 10"
10" Alpine Type R sub's RULE!! Had a box designed to Alpine's specifications for the both of them , after buying a box with plexiglass to show off the magnet and basket but lol the Alpine's are so awesome they kept tweaking the screws from the holes...lol. Anyway, just wanted to say Alpine and Kicker rock.
WTF!!!???!!!????!!!???
Originally posted by texasmerc2000:
10" Alpine Type R sub's RULE!! Had a box designed to Alpine's specifications for the both of them , after buying a box with plexiglass to show off the magnet and basket but lol the Alpine's are so awesome they kept tweaking the screws from the holes...lol. Anyway, just wanted to say Alpine and Kicker rock.

LMAO!!
Quote:

LMAO!!

laugh it up. apparently you've never had Alpine 12's nor 10's loaded into 2 ohm. Nor kicker, but hey i won't hold it against you. Ive been through all subs including the high end market. Sorry nothing compares to Alpine and kicker. Guy, my type R's 10's are 500 RMS thats not including the parallel wiring set up on a class D amp into a 2 ohm load. Yea sure you can get higher rms but why - been there done that.Key word'S TIGHT, CRISP HARD QUICK HITTING BASS. Don't like the 12's on anything - don't sound as tight as the 10's. Im getting 2 more Alpine 10's soon. Once heard at a audio play off - 12 8" SoloBaric kicker subs that blew away everything , including high end 12",15" , 16" set up's.CDT Audio, Alumapro, Boston Acoustics, Audio,Power Acoustik DIAMOND ,Mtx,Focal <( btw are really nice as well ),JL audio DVC's < ultra spanking nice-JL audio 13w7 13.5" DVC sub ) just not as tight has i would like my THUMP! to hit. I have the kicker 10" Solo 2 ohm 04s10x2 in my truck. Would like to hear the Orion competition 10" sub's, though. Im a audio, videophile one of my hobbies next to fishing, motorcycles and reading high end electronic audio video literature.uhm did i mention SportRider, Motorcyclist,Cycle world,American Motorcyclist,Rider,Motorcycle Consumer News and RoadBike. Just to mention a few.

I was'nt trying to instigate anything. I've tried about 80% of what i mentioned have you?

PEACE LOVE AND HARMONY

Oh and yea the freaking thump of the sub's kept unscrewing my screws on the previous box i had with plexiglass even tried LockTight to keep 'em from vibrating loose. Decided to have a box made custom for the 10's thru Alpine. Heavy as a ton of bricks. Sucker does not move nor budge.
Psss your a idiot!!!!

16" subs are my Fav'

also i love the Sub loaded to 2ohm part ohh thats good
Quote:

Psss your a idiot!!!!

for having a OPINION? and preference?
heres what i have to say to that

[RUNNN FORREST! RUN! RUN!] DANGER danger will rogers! imbeciles may be lurking about.

Seriously.......individualism is a freedom of choice.
let's kiss and make up now, k
apparently you've never had Alpine 12's nor 10's loaded into 2 ohm.

That statment alone makes you a idiot!

Lock this Thread the Group Buy is OVER!!!!
Do you even know what it means to lower impedance/ If so my statement does not make me an idiot. Your lack of understanding that statement makes you one though.
<---- MECP First Class Installer

Different Ohm loads don't affect sub output. Meaning a 4ohm sub isn't any louder or Quiter than a 2 or 1 ohm sub.

You cannot load a sub the Amp is what gets loaded. Thanks for playing. BTW there is a whole Audio forum here at our Lovely CEG. Scroll down a bit!

PS Alpine SUCKS! Get some RE
well duh! where did i say otherwise? Read back. I asked you if you know what it means to lower impedence. Your statement was just a way to hush me up. Look guy. ALPINE does not suck sorry dude. I dont care how much you pay. Cost dont make a sub or anything more valuable. Quality and mathematical equations parameters( physics )do.Example being LE, Re, Fs , Vas, linear excursions,mechanical excursion,QTS, Qes,Qms, SD, Hag etc. etc. etc. Voice coil, spider, surround,motor structure, terminals,diaphragm.Though most importantly how the manufaturer arrives at thier numbers. Alot of them cheat and take short cuts to arrive at certain specifications. Alpine is one of the few that does not cut corners to accomplish thier TRUE ohm, watts ,khz,db, SPL ECE. ETC.ETC
AS for your audio forum on this site im sure it's very informative. What i may suggest to you is to go back and read where my first post came in and there after. Your the one being arrogant and simple. Not i. I believe Alpine along with kicker, Jl Audio and Focal kick bass arse. MY opinion. I dont care how certified you are learn to read posts.
Now as for the lowering of impedence you can't accomplish anything unless your amp is capable. Be aware of your subs impedance and your amps LOAD capacity. < all 101 guy >
the lower the resistance the more power your amp produces. The LOUDER your audio plays. ( a.k.a music ) Parallel wiring lowers your speaker impedance. All of that is basic audio.The Alpine are great for this type of set up.
WOW seriously is all i can say.

Alpine Subs are average at best, want best bang for buck? Try RE, ED and Adire!

Parallel wiring lowers your speaker impedance.

forgive me, i'm not bashing, but i just want to make sure you understand it properly. it's obvious you know what you're talking about to an extent with audio, but the speaker's impedance is the speaker's impedance. it will never change.

two 4 ohm loads wired in parallel effectively equals one 2 ohm load. this is true, but don't mistake that as changing the resistance of the speaker. doing this allows your AMP to output more power, because it now has two streams to push, thus reducing resistance.

again, i'm simply correcting, in case you may have been mistaken on that specific point, although you had the correct general idea.
What i may suggest to you is to go back and read where my first post came in and there after.

You posted in a group buy for rear deck mounts about how great alpine subs were.
MrFord
Just ordered a 10" sub mount
I got it ill get everything together to ship it out
hey are you still making these??? I would purchase one?
seems to be that way

PayPal sent
2 will be shipped today!
paypal sent for a 10" deck mount
group buy is over unless you pay by the end of 6/9/06 your not getting one!!!!!!!!!
im still getting one right, i sent it before i posted....
ya your fine. might take a bit as im moving shops right now soo just be patient! as soon as i find my circular saw ill make them.
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but just in case anyone still wanted one of these, I have mine, never installed. It's for a 10" sub. Comes with hardware that Steeda provided in the GB. Same price, $25 shipped.
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but just in case anyone still wanted one of these, I have mine, never installed. It's for a 10" sub. Comes with hardware that Steeda provided in the GB. Same price, $25 shipped.

SOLD
I still have 2 to ship out. Between work and Crap for the house Im trying to get them out. As soon as i can get some MDF here or the new shop they will be sent! One is done but I can't ever get to the post office to ship to Canada!
© CEG Archives