Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: '99 Contour SE LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 07:54 PM
I'd be willing to make the led switches that you've seen in a few cars around here. The way it would work is you send me the $25.00 fee and I would then mail you window switches to use in the mean time. After you get the temporaries installed send me yours and I will put any color leds in them that you wish. Turn around time is approximatly 1 week once I recieve your switches. Then you mail me the temporary switches back.

I use 5000 mcd 3mm leds. I can use a higher resistor than normal if you don't want them that bright.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 07:55 PM
I'M IN!!!!!! This is something I have been putting off for way too long now. Can you do the main window switch, also please post pics of your work.
Posted By: ElKy Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 08:00 PM
why dont you have people pay you $50 then you send them modified switches, then they send you their original switches, once you recieve them you can send back the $25 core charge.
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
why dont you have people pay you $50 then you send them modified switches, then they send you their original switches, once you recieve them you can send back the $25 core charge.

Thats a good Idea. I will charge 50 dollars and then return 25 when I recive my switches.

I can post pics of my work. I'll take them tonight when it gets dark.
Posted By: BrianW Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

Much better idea, IMO. quicker turn around too.

I'd be interested in just a few of them. My main switches(drivers door) works fine. But for some reason the other don't work anymore. So I would just want 3 basic window switches....if possible. If that's the case...I'm in

Great idea!!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 08:13 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Can you do the main window switch

One more thing, is there any kind of guarantee on this... I mean if for some reason one stops working, we could send it back your way, free of charge
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 08:14 PM
Won't this look really dumb without doing the rest of the interior?
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 08:15 PM
Yes I can do the main window switch. The LED's I have are to high of a resistance so Mine are very dull. I will order the correct leds for the main switch.
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 08:36 PM
Yes You can send it back to me if it stops working.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 08:37 PM
Cool, now just post pics of what the finished product will look like and I'll be sending my money. I'd like this done before winter ends... BTW, I think I'll be going with white LED's
Posted By: Knip Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 08:42 PM
I assume this includes the door lock switches also? Some people have the auto down function on their switches, some have raised switches on the master. I have the raised switch and like them better, so I would want to keep it and not do a core exchange.
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 08:48 PM
Yes this includes window and lock switches. The temporary switches may not be the same but they will do for the time being.

Here are the pics. These are daytime pics and you can still see a lot of blue to give you and idea of the brightness...

Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 09:09 PM
What about the clock, headlight switch, defrost, dimmer control, HVAC, gauges, and shifter lights (for ATX drivers)?
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 09:12 PM
Personally I would go for a set of el gauges and hvac, lighting switch etc. on those. I'm trying to figure those out on my car right now. This gb is for the window and unlock switches at this time. Maybe more will come.
Posted By: R_G Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 10:34 PM
I got spare switches for the rear doors + the front passenger window switch - for some reason they don't seem to be working anymore. So I am gonnna send you 3 switches, and can even throw in blue LEDs left form some GB. Please PM the cost, PayPal details and shipping address. Thanks a lot.
Posted By: Knip Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/13/06 11:06 PM
Where did you get the spare switches from?
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/14/06 03:18 AM
I have quite a few pre 98 switches lying around. You can get them at most junkyards.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/14/06 04:52 AM
Totally in! Give me details!
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/14/06 05:05 AM
Originally posted by '99 Contour SE:
Personally I would go for a set of el gauges and hvac, lighting switch etc. on those. I'm trying to figure those out on my car right now. This gb is for the window and unlock switches at this time. Maybe more will come.

Ive redone the entire lighting in mt CSVT. HVAC, Headlight and Speedo all need to be sanded down and re-painted. Sand down the green repaint the text/imagery you sanded away.

Also the rest is soldered in onto the hot(+) terminal and ground. can't ship that around. Also those need to be aimed properly to avoid hotspots and equall light distrubition.
Posted By: SVTique Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/14/06 05:12 AM
I'm in
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/14/06 05:38 AM
Also the rear button lighting dies over time. I'd done tons of em but the current go funy when they are lit and windows are going up and down etc.

Also the huge pad (main driver's) is a pita. If you push too many buttons at once you can kill LEDs as well. Also it sucks ALOT trying to get the window lock slider to work cleanly and fluidly without it comming undown and having to force it..
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/14/06 01:12 PM
I plan on ordering the leds late next week. If we could get a list started including what color you would like. Those with the lighted moonroof mod should send that switch as well.
Posted By: BrianW Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/14/06 08:27 PM
Originally posted by IN LIST:

1. BrianW - 3 pass. window switches only in blue
2. Rawburt
3. Matt_R
4. Millertime78
5. you name here

This is totally up to you but I have another suggestion: give pricing dtails for each individual item. eg: main switch $X.xx, passenger windows switchs and/or lock $X.xx

I'm not sure I want to do my locks or not. I'll have to look and see if they are working right now.
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/14/06 09:44 PM
Alright Price Break down I'll do each individual switch for 5 dollars. I'll do the main switch for 15. Max price of 25 dollars for all.

I went to the junkyard today and picked up 3 main switches. I also have many individual switches for lock and Unlock. To make this process quicker I would like to send each person a main switch panel, an unlock switch and a switch for the sunrrof if they have one. This way I could have more orders going at once. To send a whole set for each person would require me to go purchase many more individual switches. I am willing to start this gb now. Please send me a PM if you are interested that includes your name and address, phone number, and what color leds you would like. If its ok with you I will include a flat fee of shipping of 5 dollars (I have to ship 2 times) that would make the grand total for a set 30.00. So the way it would work is you would send me 50.00. I would then mail you the prementioned switches. After I recieve and complete you switches I will ship them to you. Upon recieving my switches back you get 20.00 returned to you.

Thanks, Jon
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/14/06 10:55 PM
one other thing no one has mentioned is that the pre98 and post98 have different wiring harnes for the main window switch,so your going to need to have a few of them around as your loaners..just something to keep in mind...and i want a set of red ones
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/14/06 11:35 PM
The wiring harnesses for the main switch should be the same. I have my switch from a 99, and many switchs from pre 98's from the junkyard. They have Identical part numbers. They will work. Even if they were differnet its ok I have all pre 98s for loaners. However the individual switches are different. That is why when i send you loaners the individual ones may not light up if you have a post 98, but will still function. tour96 please send me a pm with the requested information from above.
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/15/06 01:36 AM
5$ a switch, no to burst your GB but I buy 50 LEDS for $0.01 and doesnt take more than 2 min and 30 seconds for each simple button.

Guys there's a how to on fco with step by step pics (gotta sign up to view it)

Im not trying to ruin this for you, but 5$ a button is unreasonable..
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/15/06 01:44 AM
The wiring harnesses for the main switch should be the same. I have my switch from a 99, and many switchs from pre 98's from the junkyard. They have Identical part numbers. They will work. Even if they were differnet its ok I have all pre 98s for loaners. However the individual switches are different. That is why when i send you loaners the individual ones may not light up if you have a post 98, but will still function. tour96 please send me a pm with the requested information from above.

you wrong..the flat button and the raised button main switch is different...trust me..i've done the interior swap from stock..to 98svt..and i wanted to use the raised panel..wouldnt work..spy guy tried it too
Posted By: SVTique Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/15/06 02:00 AM
Originally posted by djdanyloz:
5$ a switch, no to burst your GB but I buy 50 LEDS for $0.01 and doesnt take more than 2 min and 30 seconds for each simple button.

But with this you send the switches out shell out 30 bucks and BAMM!! You got led switches. No headaches
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/15/06 03:13 AM
Anyone have any extra raised switches? Please PM me.
Posted By: SVTique Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/15/06 04:02 AM
Anyone have any extra raised switches? Please PM me.

During the week I'm gonna check a few junk yards by me for some switches. I'll let you know what I find.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/15/06 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Millertime78:

But with this you send the switches out shell out 30 bucks and BAMM!! You got led switches. No headaches

Exactly. I personally do not feel like messing with soldering (which I don't have), resistors, and taking apart stuff.
There Is enough interest for this group buy so it is now on! PM me for details.
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/16/06 07:17 PM
Also he can do ur defrost.. it's somethng he can do that easily as well.

Pretty much gauges, hvac, light knob, and clock (reverved polarity mod) I redid the past weekend with 5mm because the 3mm 7500mcd wasnt good enough
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/16/06 09:38 PM
I stopped following this, but I still want in with white LED's... I'll shoot ya a pm
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/16/06 11:30 PM
I stopped following this, but I still want in with white LED's... I'll shoot ya a pm

Only problem with this is that if you ever try to sand down you light button, hvac and gauges there still will be a slight green tint to it. You'd have to sand away soo much for it to be crystal clear that non of the imagery would be left on. Gauges are decent for that as they are sort of two layers but the hvac and light knob are comprised of 1 layer which is the graphic and the green.

So if you have some color it negates the slight tint of green left over. Yet white light would promote it and it wont have such a clean look
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/17/06 11:13 PM
Please PM me with all orders
Posted By: 99 red SVT Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/25/06 02:58 PM
I just installed two red led door lock switches from this group buy last night and they look great! No problems with the quality and a very easy mod to do when the switches are made for you.

I decided just to change those switches to the red leds versus changing all of them...a little easier and more cost effective with almost the same effect.

Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/29/06 05:15 AM
There is 4 models for the Master Switched.

Non-SVT /module in switch.
Non-SVT /module not built in.

SVT /module in switch.
SVT /module not built in.

The wiring is not backwards compatible.

There is also different versions of the locks. I ran upon this a lot when doing the same thing you are doing. I have 8 sets on me for temps. I ended up just having people mail me them and then goign from there.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 01/30/06 10:55 PM
They match beautifully! Lock from GB:

My gauges:

Awesome workmanship, and thye look great! Thanks!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 02/13/06 01:02 PM
Great work Jon!! I love the switches, hurry up and figure out the defrost switch, once you do I'll be back for that and the moonroof switch!
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 02/13/06 07:00 PM
Great work Jon!! I love the switches, hurry up and figure out the defrost switch, once you do I'll be back for that and the moonroof switch!

Defrost is simple as well. It's fun replacing the orginal weak yellow indicator with a high MCD led. It's almost blinding haha

The rest arent realyly anytihng he can ship.. Youll have to crack open ur stuff and take out bulbs. Once the bulbs are out find the + and ground then solder in the resistor right onto the resistor/leg onto the + and then the ground end of the LED to the socket's ground. The you have to point it properly so you dont get any hotspots.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/26/06 03:24 PM
How are your guys switches holding up? Mine arent to good.

Week after jon installed the LED's half of the main switch went out. Not long after that my driver side lock/ unlock switch starting flickering and continued for about an hour before it burnt out. A couple weeks ago a switch in the back did the same.

He does not have time to fix what he guaranteed Dealing with a high school student here.

When asked for a refund, he says I have no money!! Months go by, and I simply ask for a $15 refund for what he screwed up on.

I waste my time driving out to his house to avoid shipping charges and what not, and this is how he handles a customer.

Anyway, I'd like to know how everyone elses stuff is holding up?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/26/06 03:27 PM
I did all my LEDs on my own, but any idea what he is using for resistors?

My guess is they are not rated correctly.
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/26/06 04:08 PM
Burt, I warned him about this problem.
I've actually done atleast 25+ sets for my cars and my buds and the buttons all eventually die off.

The rears go first no doubt, then the front window switches. It has something to do with the unstable current running through those because the front lock lights never die and the lights in the intruments, knobs anbd hvac never die either.

It has something to do with how when you hit say the passenger window down on the master window switch the light on the passenger single siwtch can flicker or die. The power seems unstable.

I warned him a couple of times, it's why I NEVER made a GB on them.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/26/06 05:25 PM
Mine are doing fine. No problems so far.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/26/06 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Matt R:
Mine are doing fine. No problems so far.

+1

I did mine myself one year ago and they are work like they did from day one. djdanyloz, when you say they die, how long you talking here? 1 month, 1 year, 5 years.....??
Posted By: SVTique Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/27/06 12:11 AM
On my main switch one of the passenger window switch doesnt light up. And the window lock doesn't work so the the rear windows will only work from the main switch. I have also gone through 3 fuses since having them done.
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/27/06 01:22 AM
Burt, I warned him about this problem.
I've actually done atleast 25+ sets for my cars and my buds and the buttons all eventually die off.

The rears go first no doubt, then the front window switches. It has something to do with the unstable current running through those because the front lock lights never die and the lights in the intruments, knobs anbd hvac never die either.

It has something to do with how when you hit say the passenger window down on the master window switch the light on the passenger single siwtch can flicker or die. The power seems unstable.

I warned him a couple of times, it's why I NEVER made a GB on them.

I had problems like this with my door handle LEDs, i found out that it was related to the power feed...and according to more knowledgeable people that i've talked to, you're right, its related to the uneven current...if the current surges for whateve reason...too much current and the LEDs heat up...heat murders LEDs.

When i tapped power for my door handle leds, i went into the switch harnesses...so the problem is likely the same.

Based on what i've experienced, it's worse with cheapo LEDs... they die fast...on the other hand, i've had one radioshack blue led in my car that just uses a voltage reducing resistor inline and has been working fine for close to 2 years now...so i suppose with better quality leds it may not be such an issue (short-term)

Anyway since i had a lot of crappy cheap LEDs what i ended up doing is using LM 7805 voltage regulators to drive all of those leds...low priced from online sources and like $1.50 from radioshack...all of the cheapo leds have been working fine for about 1.5 yrs now.

I have a set of window switches in my basement ...was planning to do the color change...haven't gotten around to it yet...what i was thinking of doing is looking at schematics for the switch connector and seeing if there is a single wire that feeds power to the LED for all the switches...it was this way on my sunroof switch...i know since i added a lighted one....so it should work for the single switches...that way you could add in a voltage regulator off of the proper wire coming out of the connector....one of these days i'll do it...

...my $.02
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/28/06 01:13 PM
Man I just realized this morning that half my MAIN switch is working and one unlock/ lock switch is working. AND that is all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To make it worse, this Jon guy who gauranteed his stuff will not refund my money! He offered me 10 bucks What a joke!
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/28/06 02:09 PM
You said you know where he lives. Go tell his mommy.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/28/06 04:55 PM
I already told him I was going to come to his house to get my money... He said, "If you come anywhere near my house I will call the police."

x 1,000,000,000
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/28/06 08:22 PM
I will not have anyone threaten me to get money out of me. I'm no ones [censored]. "If you refuse, I'll jump in my contour and come get it." -Rawburt.
I will not have people threaten to come to my house and forcefully get it. So for my family's sake don't come near my home trying to intimidate me. And what the hell are you gonna do Rawburt? Beat me up? If that's your intentions then I have every right to call the police.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/28/06 08:32 PM
I will not have anyone threaten me to get money out of me. I'm no ones [censored]. "If you refuse, I'll jump in my contour and come get it." -Rawburt.

Oh yeah because thats a threat, right... ? Stop being such a little girl, I'm going to come over and ask your mom to give me some money, since you obvviously cant afford it!!

I will not have people threaten to come to my house and forcefully get it. So for my family's sake don't come near my home trying to intimidate me.

Stop crying

And what the hell are you gonna do Rawburt? Beat me up? If that's your intentions then I have every right to call the police.

I will not beat you up, your still a minor... in HIGH SCHOOL!

... Alls I want is my 30 bucks back, why cant you man up and refund my money! The quality sucks, THEY FREAKING WENT DEAD!!! ALMOST ALL OF THEM!!!

THe only reason I posted this is so every can see what kind of work you do, and how you dont stick to your word.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/28/06 10:41 PM
Robert...
Jon's a good kid and he has a lot on his plate and I understand that. Yeah he's in HS, but he's working, getting ready for graduation & trying to get his way into a major college. So I can understand the delay in getting these fixed.
I've had a few go out as well and I understand that it sucks, but damn man you're getting awfully bent out of shape for $30. Threatening him over $30 isn't going to get you anywhere and threatening to show up at his house and implying that you're going to do something about it... man thats uncool and I figured you were above that. If you want $30, I'll help the kid out and give you $30 so you'll stop whining.

You & I both should have researched this a little more before putting money on something that will always cause problems, [censored] happens.

-Mark
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/29/06 03:33 PM
Mark,
Its not the money that is getting me bent out of shape. Its the fact that he opens up this GB, does all these switches, and then runs away. I gave him like 2 months to get his stuff together and either fix my switches or refund my money. At that point it would have been 10 bucks! I was in high school once too, and I graduated as well, I know how it is and I know this kid is dicking around. Now I have no freaking light switches a couple weeks before SZ. So yeah it may seem like Im bent out of shape about it, and I am torwards him. You should see some of the things he says

BTW, back in the day when auiotour was around. He did switches for me at a fraction of the price, and the quality was unbeatable. God, where have the all the CEG'ers gone like that. People that are actually honest and not freaking 16.

Rant off...
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/29/06 03:35 PM
Now I have no freaking light switches a couple weeks before SZ.

Then stop complaining and do the freakin switches yourself.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/29/06 03:41 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Stop and think for a second about what you just said... There must be a reason why I'd paid someone to do it for me.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/29/06 04:44 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Stop and think for a second about what you just said... There must be a reason why I'd paid someone to do it for me.

I realize in the beginning you did not want to do the switches yourself, so you paid someone to do it for you. I'm saying now, if you want it done in time for SZ, just do it yourself.
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/29/06 05:48 PM
Mark,
I was in high school once too, and I graduated as well, I know how it is and I know this kid is dicking around.

All I know is that you are very mistaken if you think I'm dicking around. You have no idea how hard I've worked to get where I am. I worked 3 jobs over the winter to help support myself through some difficult financial times for my Family. If I'm not at school I'm probably working or spending my very limited free time relaxing.

And by the way Where did you go to college? For where I'm going I have to work hard I can't dick around through high school as you may have sorry.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/29/06 05:57 PM
I need to put my personal reflections in to this. All the contacts I have had with Jon have gone smoothly. He has been going through rough times, give him a break. He told a few things, so give stuff some time. Along with graduating high school, and choosing a college... I can totally relate to stressful times like this. And the fact that college is not the least bit cheap. So Rawburt, give him some time, he's a good guy. I'm sure it will all work out.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 04/29/06 08:11 PM
Bottom line, if you cant support the GB then dont start one in the first place.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 05/31/06 02:52 PM
Update, E V E R Y S I N G L E one of my light has burnt out. The last one gave away this weekend. How lame...
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 05/31/06 03:21 PM
Update, E V E R Y S I N G L E one of my light has burnt out. The last one gave away this weekend. How lame...

Even the door locks
I've done tons of these and I couldnt ever get those to burn.

The windows current is unstable the locks arent as unstable. It isnt the LEDs because I have the same ones hardwired behind the gauges, window switch, hvac and clock.

Here's my LED source.. (ungodly cheap and surprisingly fast from hong kong, not even a week usually for me)http://stores.ebay.com/hktaiyuen-LED-store

Comes with the resistors, I know you're busy but you can replace the resistors and LEDS in 3 min a switch.

If you need help lemme know. This was the exact reason I never did this GB
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 05/31/06 03:28 PM
Ya, everythings gone. But hey its better then half and half
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 05/31/06 04:44 PM
Wow that is really weird. I got mine at the same time as yours, and everything on mine is fine.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 05/31/06 04:45 PM
Luckkkkky
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 06/02/06 04:47 AM

Hey burt this the set you got from the GB?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 06/02/06 11:44 AM
Originally posted by auiotour:

Yup this is the stuff that I got from the GB, I had him convert everything over to white (which did look really good). The stuff that you did for me in red never gave me any problems, never flickered... It was very quality stuff. I should have stayed with what you did for me...
Posted By: djdanyloz Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 06/02/06 01:32 PM

Yup this is the stuff that I got from the GB, I had him convert everything over to white (which did look really good). The stuff that you did for me in red never gave me any problems, never flickered... It was very quality stuff. I should have stayed with what you did for me...

I've always wanted to go white!

But since I did the gauges, hvac, headlight knob and clock I would have had some greenish tinge come up with the sanded down overlays as there is still a tad bit of color but almost clear. Perfect for color leds but white wouldnt look right.

I also had my clock converted so it was revers (dark text on bright backgroung) looks like indiglo with a blue led behind. Yet a white one wouldnt be perfectly white and as the background has a brown tint to it..

Blue was the way to go for me
Posted By: auiotour Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 06/03/06 04:19 AM

You can always send them back I think I still have some white leds around. I just need a new soldering pencil since I ran my over lol.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 06/05/06 11:36 AM
Shoot me a PM when you get the new soldering pencil
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 06/05/06 07:59 PM
Shoot me a PM when you get the new soldering pencil

me too, if your willing to do another set of switches.
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 06/08/06 08:32 PM
oo oo-- i want mine done too! haha
Posted By: SVTique Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 07/02/06 01:29 AM
Has anyone else starting doing the switch mod? I got mine done with this group buy, but now they are dying one by one.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 07/02/06 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Millertime78:
Has anyone else starting doing the switch mod? I got mine done with this group buy, but now they are dying one by one.

How long after the mod did it start dying? I just did this mod myself to my switches and replaced the resistors and led. Nothings wrong with it yet.

Did the seller replace the resistors?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 07/02/06 04:05 AM
He had to have been using the wrong resistors causing early failure. I did my whole interior myself over a year ago, and not a single LED has failed.
Posted By: SVTique Re: LED Window Switch Interest Check - 07/02/06 02:50 PM
Well with the main switch one of them never lit up and the window lock didn't work. So the rear window can only open from the main switch. I also had the moonroof switch changed. Now only 2 buttons on the main switch work and the moonroof doesn't light up. I'm not sure how long I've had the but a guess would be 6 months.
© CEG Archives