Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Goonz SVT STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/16/05 07:02 PM
I've been on Stazi for a while now to start another GB on his mesh..I'm not sure on prices from the last GB, maybe he'll fill us in on it but I got the "ok" from him to post interest seeing who wants it..I believe there were 2 types of this mesh, the Generation I and the Generation II (correct me if I'm wrong)

here are some pics

This is the Gen II Mesh

Stazi also mentioned using a new type of mesh because some said the Gen II mesh was too big..he said somthing along the middle and calling it Gen 1.5 LOL

I want the Gen II as seen on the black SVT above..I saw it in person and it looked badass!!

so whose interested..

1) Goonz SVT
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/16/05 07:16 PM
let me know how much it will cost, i am for sure interested cause i just missed out on the last group buy
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/16/05 07:17 PM
Originally posted by aaron_soccer20:
let me know how much it will cost, i am for sure interested cause i just missed out on the last group buy

I'm hoping on some more info by Stazi himself..we will then get a better idea of whats going on..
Posted By: BlackBirdRacing Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/16/05 07:18 PM
Interested,

Waiting on more info.
Posted By: ElKy Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/16/05 07:56 PM
should i take you off my list then?
Posted By: Stazi Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/16/05 08:06 PM
Guys I buy this stuff in 4'x8' sheets so I REALLY need to get about 15 people with money-in-hand so I can justify dropping the coin on it and cutting it all up (which needs to be done on an industrial band-saw at work).

Each kit includes the oval portion installed into you ovakl by me, and then sent back to you along with the lower front and lower rear portions, which you install yourself.

I offer no painting, polishing, alternative colours or shapes, etc, just the mesh as-is. It is T6-6061 cold-rolled Aluminum mesh - so it doesn't rust nor will it bend easily like gutter-guard and some other inferior similar stuled mesh you may find at Pep Boys, etc. This stuff is the stuff they use for industrial grating!

Cost for each kit is $100 shipped (you ship me your payment in the form of a US post money order (or similar - no personal checks accepted, I'm done with bounced checks!), and your stock complete oval grill up front). Then I will install your oval's mesh and send back the rest of the kit via Fed Ex.

If there are any other questions feel free to ask.
Posted By: BlackBirdRacing Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/16/05 08:44 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
should i take you off my list then?

You have PM
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/16/05 08:57 PM
how soon can we start this?

no paypal?
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/16/05 09:04 PM
count me in

aaron
Posted By: Stazi Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/16/05 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
how soon can we start this?

no paypal?

Prefer not to avoid fees, and seeing as you have to send me your oval anyway it's a no brainer to send payment with it.
Posted By: Tourige Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/16/05 11:35 PM
Id be in 100 bucks tho... wow, Id wanna at least see what the mesh would be (Gen I, Gen II, Gen 1.5)
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/17/05 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

1) Goonz SVT
2) CSVT1214 (new rear bumper piece)

Posted By: 96 M edition Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/17/05 07:03 AM
stazi....i'm assuming you can do it for the pre98's with the body kit? i was in the last genII group buy...i'm in if i can get just the upper and rear? if so i'll get you the "'s for the upper oval..since its different than the post98
Posted By: muntus Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/17/05 09:32 AM
Oh, if only I had the SVT pieces...
Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/17/05 09:34 PM
waaaaay interested, but would like to see the definite designs, like -this is gen I, -this is gen. 1.5, etc.

*edit*

also, since i live like 10 minutes from you, any chance on a slight price-drop to cancel shipping costs?
Posted By: Icefury_dup1 Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/17/05 09:49 PM
Count me in, I'd be intrested.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/17/05 10:02 PM
yea im curious to see what the new Gen 1.5 looks like as well..if not then Gen II for me (if possible)..
Posted By: Harrry Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/18/05 12:54 AM
Come on stazi post some pics of this new gen 1.5 that u are hiding from us!!
Posted By: Stazi Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/18/05 03:23 PM
I don't HAVE the mesh so I cannot show you. Think the same as GEN II just with smaller diamonds. If everyone wants GEN !! then I'll go and get the same stuff again. I was thinking to get smaller than GEN II as everyone was balking at it last time saying it was too big.

Greasey - I can let you just pick up the mesh instead so take $10 off for the shipping.

I can do the Pre-98's with SVT bumpers but for their oval I woul need a stock plastic oval to work from as a template.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/18/05 08:51 PM
hmm I really liked the Gen II but if you say the Gen 1.5 will but a bit smaller, then I'm in..I just dont want somthin tooo small..the bigger diamondsfrom Gen II made it look badass
Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/19/05 08:25 AM
start the list.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/19/05 02:54 PM
stazi, would you been willing to do a cougar?
Posted By: Stazi Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/19/05 03:44 PM
Maybe - i would have to see one though. Otherwise you send me dimensions ans I'll cut you a piece/s large enough so you can do it yourself.
Posted By: Tourige Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/19/05 04:14 PM
hmmm, im starting to doubt that any after-market mesh looks good on the TRed.
Posted By: Stazi Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/19/05 05:10 PM
This is on - and it looks like Gen 2 again. I'm gonna go pick up the mesh today as they have it local (for once!).

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/19/05 07:29 PM
ok people Gen II it is...just for interest now, please put your name in if you want a set..SVT and non-svt models..

SVT FULL SET

1) Goonz SVT

Posted By: Stazi Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/19/05 09:15 PM
Actually it's the same Gen I Goonz, but flattened so it looks nicer. So effectively it's Gen 1.5 (same size opening as Gen I, but flat like Gen II).

Also I got it for cheaper than usual so I'm passing on the savings and dropping the price down to $85 (from the $100 I posted before) for a full SVT set - that should motivate some of you guys.

If you're still in post your names.

I am ready to start accepting your ovals along with payment - so if you're ready, PM me and I'll give you the address to send your ovals too.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/19/05 11:07 PM
Stazi can you post a picture of the new mesh with a oval over it like you did with the Gen II so that we can get a better feel for the size. Sorry but I did not like the size of the Gen II stuff it was just too big IMO.

Thanks,
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/19/05 11:12 PM
I will be sending him my oval tommorow so he should get it by thrusday or friday..
Posted By: Stazi Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/20/05 02:35 PM
I don't have a grill I can use right now - but basically if you look at the pics of Roger's old striped SVT at the top - it'll look like that BUT brighter looking as the mesh is flattened so it's more reflective.

Once I mod Goonz's I can take a picture of it.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/20/05 06:08 PM
I just UPS'd my oval..should be there thursday or friday
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: STAZI MESH **INTEREST** - 12/27/05 05:45 AM
just bringing thie back since the site went down..you get my grille yet stazi?
© CEG Archives