Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: todras_dup1 CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 06:15 PM
Ok I've been following a CF trunk Group Buy on SHOForum. If they can get trunks made for a 10-14 year old car why can't we? Here are the prices they paid...

For the trunk:
CF
Pick Up: $280
Shipped: $360
Colors $100 Extra
Fiberglass are $50 less

For the Spoiler:
CF
Pick Up: $195
Shipped: $235
Fiberglass $50 Less
Colors $100 Extra (this might Change)

Combo:
CF
Pick Up: $420
Shipped: $500
FG $50 Less
Colors Add $150 Extra

Doesn't seem like bad prices. It looks like the manf. is near Anaheim, CA so someone would need to get a pre98 trunk with lip spoiler over to them. Anyone willing in CA willing to help? At least get them a pre98 trunk? Need 4-6 people to start and pay half. BTW these have FG on the bottomside so they are not completely CF. It took them 3 months from start to finish for the first guy to get his trunk. Not YEARS!

There site & addy http://www.carbonefx.com/home.htm
Carbon Efx
14708 Arrow Hwy
Baldwin Park, CA 91706-1734
(626) 337-5238

Pics.

Posted By: Pole120 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 06:24 PM
HOLY NICE.

If they can do a post-98 trunk with a refliector-delete and a license plate pocket, or a pre-98 lid with molded plate pocket and lip spoiler for that kind of price i'ld be down. I'ld most likely take fiberglass.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 06:50 PM
Good find Todd. Taking notes. If this company does a nice job, maybe we could(90%+) agree on a hood design and have it built.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 06:54 PM
Yes, here is a cowl hood they did for the SHO too. Color would be flippin' sweet on a Silfro SVT.

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 07:02 PM
Todd, is it half of the production set-up or half of the trunk cost? Either way, you have any idea what it would be?

Posted By: Stazi Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 07:04 PM
Pre-98 with lip spoiler, or I'm (and 90% of the rest of the CEG) aren't interested!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
maybe we could(90%+) agree on a hood design .

Mark

Maybe something like the cf1 cowl hood but without the damn bird bath and a functional cowl
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 07:14 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Todd, is it half of the production set-up or half of the trunk cost? Either way, you have any idea what it would be?

1/2 the trunk cost.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 07:19 PM
Wow, thats one hell of a deal.

Will they stay in production or is this GB a one time thing?

If its a one time deal I might just suck it up.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 07:31 PM
My only concern at this point is fitment. If fitment is anything like some of the CF1 stuff i've seen i want nothing to do with it. Quality product, and i'm in for sure.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 07:37 PM
I'd be in for CF Pre-98 with lip spoiler. As long as it isn't a vert ramp lip spoiler.
Posted By: ElKy Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 07:44 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Yes, here is a cowl hood they did for the SHO too. Color would be flippin' sweet on a Silfro SVT.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/groundpounderscc/Carbon%20Fiber%20Colors/silvecowl.jpg

OMFG!!!
i would love a Silver CF hood, that would look soo figgin schweet!

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 07:46 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
My only concern at this point is fitment. If fitment is anything like some of the CF1 stuff i've seen i want nothing to do with it. Quality product, and i'm in for sure.

Carbon EFX tested fitment on the guy's car that ran the GB on SHOForum. He gave the green light after a fitment was made. I'd say that says a lot about them. They aren't some back lot co. like in some of these other GB's.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 07:53 PM

Carbon EFX tested fitment on the guy's car that ran the GB on SHOForum. He gave the green light after a fitment was made. I'd say that says a lot about them. They aren't some back lot co. like in some of these other GB's.

Perhaps they'ld be interested i nsome other applications as well, engine tank covers, mirror caps and the like.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 08:14 PM
I'm trying to get just a trunk made.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 08:18 PM
How about carbon fiber window switches, and a carbon fiber steering wheel, and a carbon fiber airbag, and a carbon fiber trunk floor, and a carbon fiber roof, and a carbon fiber wide body kit.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 08:24 PM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
How about carbon fiber window switches, and a carbon fiber steering wheel, and a carbon fiber airbag, and a carbon fiber trunk floor, and a carbon fiber roof, and a carbon fiber wide body kit.

Ummmm... ok.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 08:25 PM
Steve=not grasp American humor.
Posted By: ElKy Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 08:27 PM
Steve=not grasp American humor.

Why can't steve grasp american humor?

its not like hes asian or sumptin....
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 08:31 PM

puff - puff - pass...not puff puff puff puff...jeesh.

This sounds awesome. Better quality than CF1 and 100's less? thats to good to pass up for anyone. I agree, a new hood design would be awesome. Someone should start throwing in suggestions (with pics of course) or even photoshop pictures.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 08:42 PM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
Someone should start throwing in suggestions (with pics of course) or even photoshop pictures.

No, I don't want this cluttered up with BS. I need someone to take a pre98 trunk to these guys so the mold can be made. Now that I think of it it needs a lip spoiler attached so it can all be made one piece cutting down on cost. An email is was sent. I'll let you know the results. Anyone in Los Angeles willing to help?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 08:49 PM

Consider it done. I agree with Todd, let's just see how this trunklid GB goes, and go from there. If they feel the Contour community will get them enough business, and we're happy with the fit/finish, then we can persue more GB's.

Mark
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 09:08 PM
Can we get the licence pocket on like an angle. And offset to one side???? That'd be tite! Especially with the NASCAr blade like on the last one!

j/k! I'm not keen on the pre98 trunks however.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 09:29 PM
I would be down for a CF SilFro Hood over trunk (already have a pre-98 trunk w/ lip on my SVT) but congrats if you get this under way.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 09:30 PM
U lika da offset frenched plate. We cana do dat. Not liking pre98 = .
Posted By: Pole120 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 09:33 PM
U lika da offset frenched plate.

not so much
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 09:48 PM
An email is was sent.

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 10:13 PM
Does anyone have a CF trunk lid and a system? I was curious to if it rattles lots.
Posted By: Swazo Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Pre-98 with lip spoiler, or I'm not interested!

Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 11:28 PM
get a trunk and a hood done and able to be silver CF and i will be in for both. now get it done.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/09/05 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Swazo:

Posted By: 96 M edition Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/10/05 01:21 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:

...man all these gb's im with these guys^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: Dj Perico Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/10/05 01:41 AM
Originally posted by el' padrone:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:

...man all these gb's im with these guys^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Im interesting on this group buy
Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/10/05 02:54 AM
i have interests in buying one carbon fiber hood group buy and would like to know its present conditions and payment details.

normally, i prefer the post98 trunk, but if i can get it in silver cf i dont f***** care! you can count me in for a trunk AND a hood!!! id love an evo style hood but the cowl is cool too. i dont like the silfro w/ black cf look.

if you havent found anyone to take a trunk lid let me know Todd. ill find one in a junkyard if i have to and take it there. (if i get the first one free ) i can also go down there for any test fitments or whatever. my schedule is extremely flexible.

awesome find on a cf shop man!!

ps we HAVE to get a hood going too cuz i cant imagine having a cf trunk with stock hood. or a silver cf trunk with a black cf hood
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/10/05 04:52 PM
I'm in for a post 98 trunk with lip spoiler and OEM hood!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/10/05 06:33 PM
This is a trunk GB, NO HOODS! I would also be willing to be its going to be a pre-98 with lip spoiler, not post 98. Using a factory set-up will be much cheaper than custom designing a lip spoiler anyway.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/10/05 07:20 PM
Originally posted by CSVT#49:
I'm in for a post 98 trunk with lip spoiler

Uuuu post 98 never came with one.
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/10/05 08:08 PM
I'm in for a post 98 trunk with lip spoiler

Uuuu post 98 never came with one.

But YOU can make that happen!
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/10/05 10:33 PM
I can't believe so many people like the pre98's
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/10/05 11:33 PM
Originally posted by BiggsvT28:
I can't believe so many people like the pre98's

pre98 with lip spoiler and I am in too! Maybe another cf hood if you make a good enough design
Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/10/05 11:40 PM
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
pre98 with lip spoiler and I am in too! Maybe another cf hood if you make a good enough design

me too.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/11/05 12:47 AM
I'd be happy with either. A CF hood alone on a silfro just seems unbalanced.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/11/05 03:56 AM
you know i'm down todras, just tell me where to send money
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/12/05 12:36 AM
So have we heard back from the potenital supplier??
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/13/05 04:45 AM
How about: CF Hood, CF Trunk & CF SVT Side Skirts? Have them come with a high gloss finish and there would be no need to paint on any of the SVT colors, and it would look HAWT!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/13/05 04:00 PM
So have we heard back from the potenital supplier??

I finally got a phone #. Haven't called yet.
Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/13/05 10:42 PM
call.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/13/05 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
call.

Indeed, thanks for looking into this Todd.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/14/05 01:10 AM
man i soo want in on this but I have no $$ left anymore
Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/14/05 02:26 AM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
How about: CF Hood, CF Trunk & CF SVT Side Skirts? Have them come with a high gloss finish and there would be no need to paint on any of the SVT colors, and it would look HAWT!

how about a cf splitter

oh yeah and call.
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/14/05 03:31 AM
Side Skirts??? I'd rather the part be semi functional and less asethic...
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/14/05 04:12 AM
Call or post it and I will call. We should try and get a move on this so we can all have our body stuff ready to be put on when spring rolls around. I have a feeling this stuff will take some time to get made.
Posted By: Stazi Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/14/05 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
man i soo want in on this but I have no $$ left anymore

You shouldn't have pissed your money away on overpriced tires then!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/14/05 02:01 PM

You shouldn't have pissed your money away on overpriced tires then!

W3rd. Got Borla too?

Anywho I talked to Tony yesterday and sent him some pics. Just waiting to hear back.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 01:13 PM
Update:

After looking at the pictures, I would strongly suggest not to mold the spoiler with the trunk because when the carbon
is laid, my concern is that the weave will have imperfection. The license plate holder can be molded onto the trunk.

To get started on production, you need a min. of 8 orders. The trunk w/ the license plate holder molded onto would be $265.00. Total $265.00 X 8 = $2120.00. The trunk will NOT have the spoiler molded on to 1 piece. There
is a 50% deposit to start. All pricing does NOT include shipping. Original trunk and all other required original parts are provided by you. Should you have any questions, please call me to discuss. Hope to work with you very soon and get this group buy going.

Tony
Carbon EFX

----------

I sent a reply on what the lip spoiler cost will be. I think the stock pre98 trunk w/o a spoiler looks silly. Some pimp it w/o though. It didn't look too bad on Alex's car. So it seems we only need $1060 to start! Not bad at all. Pressure vudusvt in getting the trunk to Carbon EFX.:D HE said he knows where one off a 95 SE is and he's willing to buy it and take it there it sounds! So who is in?

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 01:40 PM
Who is in?

1. pole120
2. xchang
3. Dj Perico
4. svt4stv
5. RandyCSVT
6. Mikey Boy
6. Speed Demon
7. CSVT#49
Posted By: Pole120 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 02:03 PM
Can i get a price estimate on fiberglass? I'm not sure about it anymore without the lip, at least with a fiberglass hood i can mold on a stock lip later and just paint it.
Posted By: Stazi Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 02:05 PM

1. pole120
2. xchang
3. Dj Perico
4. svt4stv
5. RandyCSVT
6. Mikey Boy
6. Speed Demon
7. CSVT#49
8. Stazi - if we can get a lip spoiler - even if it's a bolt on.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 02:22 PM
Can i get a price estimate on fiberglass? I'm not sure about it anymore without the lip, at least with a fiberglass hood i can mold on a stock lip later and just paint it.

It's $50 less.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 02:25 PM

1. pole120 - thinking about it, leaning towards out
2. xchang
3. Dj Perico
4. svt4stv
5. RandyCSVT
6. Mikey Boy
6. Speed Demon
7. CSVT#49
8. Stazi - if we can get a lip spoiler - even if it's a bolt
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 02:26 PM
Can't they make a lip spoiler separate? If it's a possibility, I see it being the only way they will sell a lot(for CEG) of these trunks. Otherwise, I see this turning into the NASCAR trunk GB.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 02:42 PM
Can't they make a lip spoiler separate? If

Did ya read? It's being made w/o. We're going to get them made seperate. The CF will have imperfections if we do everything in one lump.
Posted By: Stazi Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 02:56 PM
The SHO trunk had a separate spoiler. I'm fine with that, so long as we can get the separate spoiler too.

I agree with you Todd - the pre98 without spoiler looks goofy.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 02:56 PM
Can't they make a lip spoiler separate? If

Did ya read? It's being made w/o. We're going to get them made seperate. The CF will have imperfections if we do everything in one lump.

Yeah, I read, and it doesn't say it's being made without. It says you sent him an email about it. I'll wait to see what they say. Thanks for trying to call me out.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 03:00 PM
The trunk will NOT have the spoiler molded on to 1 piece.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 03:18 PM
The trunk will NOT have the spoiler molded on to 1 piece.

No Sh!t Sherlock. Maybe YOU should try reading before acting like a hardass. I never said anything about it being molded as one piece. I merely asked if they could make a spoiler SEPARATE from the trunk, so people can have it as an option. Sooooo, once again you're trying to call me out, and again it didn't work.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 03:31 PM
They are making a spoiler seperate. I don't know what there is to understand. What is this "callin out"?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 03:55 PM
They are making a spoiler seperate. I don't know what there is to understand. What is this "callin out"?

You said you emailed them about making the spoiler separate, as their response to you never said anything about making the spoiler at all, only that they won't be making the trunk with the spoiler molded in. Get it?

Calling out, it's when someone such as yourself tries making a fool out of another member such as myself. In most cases such as repeated questions, it can be funny. In this case, you just look like a dick because I wasn't the only person that asked. Get it?

Point being, if you're going to lead a group buy, the way you present the group buy and yourself will gain more support than your registration date and your post count.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 04:11 PM

Point being, if you're going to lead a group buy, the way you present the group buy and yourself will gain more support than your registration date and your post count.

Mark

Have you seen other group buys for things like this? Ppl come on here out of no where and screw ppl. I think my reputation on here proceeds me. This isn't rocket science. We are getting a stock trunk made. I'm waiting to hear price on the spoiler by itself is all.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 04:13 PM
Sounds good Can't wait to see the final product.

Mark
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 04:30 PM
I was one of the people who got a CF cowl for there SHO from this company... Awesome work!!!!!

I would be in for a sil hood def!!!!!!

Top Notch....
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 04:33 PM
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
I was one of the people who got a CF cowl for there SHO from this company... Awesome work!!!!!

I would be in for a sil hood def!!!!!!

Top Notch....

Steeda stop being a tard and read. This is for a trunk. A hood will be in the works after this complete's successfully.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 04:42 PM
I did read.....

I was stating that with my SHO hood the work was awesome!!!
then i was just saying i would like a hood.

PS from the time i got my tracking # that the hood shipped it took 2 days to come from CA to michigan...

No complaints at all on the hood!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 04:45 PM
Sweet! Excellent to hear.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 06:42 PM
I'm really stoked about this. I just want to know if I order this then I wll have to buy a set of pre98 taillights? Or are they makeing the trunk lid solid without holes for the inner taillights and molding in the post98 license plate holder with the reverse lights minus the reflector?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 07:22 PM
You'll have to get the inner lights from a yard. The 2 license plate lights too. There are 5 pre98's in a yard close to my house. Won't be hard to get some at all. Even though the outer tails appear the same their is a difference as well. I'd get the entire set up.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 07:28 PM
I'd be in if the lip spoiler came with (BUT SEPERATE) at the same price quoted. Plus, when were you thinking as far as the deposit is concerned? Nothing to drop down now, but maybe in a couple weeks.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 07:52 PM
Originally posted by xchang:
I'd be in if the lip spoiler came with (BUT SEPERATE) at the same price quoted.

Not going to happen. It's going to be like originally stated... Hopefully cheaper due to smaller size.

For the Spoiler:
CF
Fiberglass $50 Less
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 08:17 PM
Yep, saw that at the last minute. I think I might have to drop out of this one. $235 shipped is a lot for a CF lip spoiler for me, on top of that, the trunk lid and the shipping on that might take it all together over $600. Too much for my blood.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 08:33 PM
Yep, saw that at the last minute. I think I might have to drop out of this one. $235 shipped is a lot for a CF lip spoiler for me, on top of that, the trunk lid and the shipping on that might take it all together over $600. Too much for my blood.

same here

Is there ANY other style we could persue? Perhaps a shaved post-98 lid?
Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/15/05 10:58 PM
IN. silver CF trunk and hood.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/16/05 01:51 AM
Yea I don't know if I like the idea of putting pre98 inner taillights on my 98 SVT. If they need a minimum of 8 orders for the trunk maybe they can offer a pre98 and post98 trunk. I'm sure there are 8 people on here that would buy in on a post98 trunk.. am I wrong? Would they be able to just fill in the reflector portion and mold in a license plate mount with holes for the reverse lights? We could always pull the lenses and bulbs from our existing setup. I'm sure they would be willing to work something out if an additional 8 people would rather go this route.

Also I keep hearing people talk about a CF hood. Is this in fact going to happen later and if so will their be post98 hoods? (I would assume so)
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/16/05 02:59 AM
I think as of right now, this GB is ONLY for the Pre98 trunk lid and no hood.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/16/05 07:23 AM
I am still in, but I am very confused. I want to see pics or photoshops of what the end result will be and the final price on the pre 98 trunk and cf spolier shipped.

I am also a little scared about leaving a deposit. Can we send the money to the company, and how soon after my deposit is received will I see the trunk?
Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/16/05 07:54 AM
id like to see what a pre98 w/out a spoiler looks like. anyone have a pic handy? having to dish out another $250-$300 for a spoiler to prevent gayness PLUS more $ for taillights is startin' to get kinda pricey.

at least i dont have to pay for shipping!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/16/05 01:14 PM
Update:

The spoiler is around $120.00. But if you can take a picture of the underside of the spoiler for me to check it out. Judging from the picture you send me, one thing I wanted to point out was, how are you going to mount
the spoiler and the trunk? Send me a pic of the underside of the spoiler and let me see what I can do. Thanks.

Tony

------

vudusvt is going to be picking up the donar trunk and taking it over there next week. Maybe the spoiler price will com down further when he sees it. As of now it's going to be $385 for trunk and spoiler plus $80 for shipping for a total of $465.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/16/05 01:47 PM

I am also a little scared about leaving a deposit. Can we send the money to the company, and how soon after my deposit is received will I see the trunk?

1/2 up front. They aren't going to work for free and then when it's finished everyone has bailed like most on CEG do.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/16/05 02:24 PM

1/2 up front. They aren't going to work for free and then when it's finished everyone has bailed like most on CEG do.

Werd. As for the spoiler, don't the pre-98 lip spoilers just use 3M double sided tape for mounting? Do they use any screws at all? $465.00 shipped isn't a bad deal for something like this, and I'd imagine they might come down after they see just how small that spoiler actually is.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/16/05 02:35 PM
It think their are 2 studs that go through the trunk. It is bolted on but it does have industrial strength double sided tape as well.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/16/05 02:53 PM
Hmmmm... Don't count me out just yet then. That price seems a little more reasonable then the estmate I had.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/16/05 10:43 PM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
id like to see what a pre98 w/out a spoiler looks like. anyone have a pic handy?

Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/17/05 12:27 AM
nah, nevermind. i was thinking "for $280, why not?" but now im looking at at least $600. eff that. i dont really care about the trunk, im MUCH more interested in the hood! ive got quite a few other mods in mind that id rather put $600 towards. sorry to bail, but like i said, i was in at $280.

carry on.....
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/17/05 12:58 AM
id like to see what a pre98 w/out a spoiler looks like. anyone have a pic handy?

Here is a pic that I swiped from the classifieds.

In my opinion you really do need that spoiler, but thats just my opinion
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/17/05 04:47 PM
nah, nevermind. i was thinking "for $280, why not?" but now im looking at at least $600. eff that. i dont really care about the trunk, im MUCH more interested in the hood! ive got quite a few other mods in mind that id rather put $600 towards. sorry to bail, but like i said, i was in at $280.

carry on.....

WTF?! Can't read? You're like the special ed kid that never read directions. IT'S NOT FLIPPING $600! We don't have a final price yet. Just the trunk is $365.

As of now it's going to be $385 for trunk and spoiler plus $80 for shipping for a total of $465.

Steve you're local and don't even have to pay shipping. God I hate it when no one reads.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/17/05 04:50 PM

carry on.....

WTF?! Can't read? You're like the special ed kid that never read directions. IT'S NOT FLIPPING $600! We don't have a final price yet. Just the trunk is $365.

apparently YOU cant read $280 for the trunk, $100 to make it silver, $150 (maybe) for a silver spoiler, $50??? for complete taillights and license plate lights??

get it now? try looking at the big picture for once. ie, total cost involved.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/17/05 04:52 PM
Current list?

1. Mikey (not Mikey Boy)
2. xchang
3. Dj Perico
4. svt4stv
5. RandyCSVT
6. Mikey Boy
6. Speed Demon
7. CSVT#49
8. Stazi
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/17/05 05:56 PM
1. Mikey (not Mikey Boy)
2. xchang
3. Dj Perico
4. svt4stv
5. RandyCSVT
6. Mikey Boy
6. Speed Demon
7. CSVT#49 - questionable
8. Stazi
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/17/05 08:56 PM
i have a spoiler but not the lip

pre paint job and so forth, but you get the idea, it really does look quite naked without anything there. i'm a ricer hence my ultimate blade of aerodynamic justice.

Todras: when are deposits due?
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/18/05 03:59 AM
I have a lip spoiler still new in the box, I'll take a picture of it when I get home late tomorrow afternoon and post it.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/22/05 03:37 PM
bump
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/23/05 01:52 PM
Waiting on vudu to get a trunk to them.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/29/05 01:59 AM
hai
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/29/05 01:09 PM
I'm just waiting on word back from vudu to see when he can get a trunk over.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/29/05 02:34 PM
1. Mikey (not Mikey Boy)
2. xchang
3. Dj Perico
4. Boy
5. Speed Demon
6. CSVT#49 - questionable
7. Stazi

im out. total cost involved=too much money. ill definitely take a hood though when that comes around.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/29/05 02:46 PM
1. Mikey (not Mikey Boy)
2. xchang
3. Dj Perico
4. Boy
5. Speed Demon
7. Stazi
8. Tisby
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/29/05 02:47 PM

im out. total cost involved=too much money. ill definitely take a hood though when that comes around.

Yea because you can't get some tail lights from a junk yard. They only came on every make of Contour from 1995-97. St. Pete is selling a set now that I'm sure he would sell for peanuts. Whatever. Weakest argument ev3r.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/30/05 09:10 AM

Yea because you can't get some tail lights from a junk yard. They only came on every make of Contour from 1995-97. St. Pete is selling a set now that I'm sure he would sell for peanuts. Whatever. Weakest argument ev3r.

+license plate lights
+wing
+silver for both trunk lid AND wing

obviously you didnt read my post above on how much that totals out to

for less then $300, why not? for $600?? for something that isnt really going to do that much? or help in the looks dept.?? no thanks

and the more i look at the pre98 rear end the more im reminded of a grand prix i think the 98+ rear end actually looks nicer, so
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 12/31/05 07:00 AM
1. Mikey (not Mikey Boy)
2. xchang
3. Dj Perico
4. Boy
5. Speed Demon
7. Stazi
8. Tisby

I am still interested. Dont remove me from the list.
Posted By: Tisby Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/09/06 04:44 PM
Any updates?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/10/06 03:09 PM
No. I have no way of getting a trunk to CA unless someone wants to pony up the dough. Vudu said he was going to take a trunk over and now I get no response at all after a few PM's.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/10/06 06:02 PM
so lets focus on the hood instead. ill take my hood over there
Posted By: Tisby Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/11/06 01:43 AM

Start a thread then... Here's a last ditch attempt unless somebody wants to pony up shipping or we want to split the cost to ship it out there...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/11/06 02:48 PM

Well what do you want done? A new design? There is stock, cowl, and WRX style already. Not sure what the likely hood of getting a WRX style is though.
Posted By: ElKy Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/11/06 04:36 PM

Well what do you want done? A new design? There is stock, cowl, and WRX style already. Not sure what the likely hood of getting a WRX style is though.

i want a cowl without the vent done in silver!
Todras..make it so!!

haha
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/11/06 04:59 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

Todras..make it so!!

haha

I'm not Number 1 on the Enterprise.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/11/06 05:01 PM

Todras..make it so!!

haha

I'm not Number 1 on the Enterprise.

Then kill the captain in mutiny and take over....
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/11/06 05:15 PM

Picturing a Silver CF cowl hood
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/12/06 02:39 PM
Looks like Dion is going to take his pre98 trunk over next week so we can get a mold made. Yea!!!!!!
Posted By: Tisby Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/12/06 05:37 PM
Looks like Dion is going to take his pre98 trunk over next week so we can get a mold made. Yea!!!!!!

woot! woot! I still get to blow money on my car!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/12/06 07:54 PM
1. RandyCSVT
2. xchang
3. Dj Perico
4. Boy
5. Speed Demon
7. Stazi
8. Tisby
9. Qwk98svt
Posted By: Tisby Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/18/06 05:07 PM
Update?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/18/06 07:10 PM
Okay, let them know I'll bring them a trunk either Friday this week or Wed/Thurs/Friday next week. They can look it over, and if they feel it's okay to use, then "BAM" you're in business.

D
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/19/06 05:05 AM
w00t business!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/19/06 02:05 PM
1. RandyCSVT
2. xchang
3. Dj Perico
4. Boy
5. Speed Demon
7. Stazi
8. Tisby
9. Qwk98svt
10. Mikey (not boy)
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/25/06 07:44 PM
Update from Dion,

The trunk is there, he's waiting on the deposit from us so he can get started. Once the deposit is received, he'll begin work.

If you don't have a trunk spoiler, I'll try to locate one, but like I said earlier, the ones I came across were fairly [censored]. I'll start calling the wrecking yards again to see if I can find one at a decent price, but if you could try to get one of the guys to help locate one as well, that would be great.

I believe that the turn-around time will be less than two months from receiving the deposit (he's got a lot of projects going on there), but he cannot give me a solid time frame, of course.

On a side note, he has the mold for a 95-97 Contour hood, if anyone is still interested in purchasing one of those.

D

So again the prices just for the trunk alone are...
CF
Fiberglass $50 Less

I think we should wait on getting a lip spoiler there so everything can be done together.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/25/06 08:54 PM
What is the final deposit amount. I lost track among all of the pages. How long can I wait on the deposit. I just spent $890 on repairing my transmission, and I am pretty broke.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/25/06 09:48 PM
Update:

Total $265.00 X 8 = $2120.00. The trunk will NOT have the spoiler molded on to 1 piece. There
is a 50% deposit to start. Tony
Carbon EFX

----------
So it seems we only need $1060 to start!
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: CF trunk Group Buy? - 01/26/06 12:09 AM
so are we in need of a lip spoiler...cause i so happen to have one
Posted By: ElKy Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/26/06 01:35 AM
Update:

Total $265.00 X 8 = $2120.00. The trunk will NOT have the spoiler molded on to 1 piece. There
is a 50% deposit to start. Tony
Carbon EFX

----------
So it seems we only need $1060 to start!

was this a typo or is one of you guys confused?

Fiberglass $50 Less

is the trunk $235 or $265
Posted By: Tisby Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/26/06 01:41 AM
is the trunk $235 or $265

Straighten that out if you could... Also, how are we handling paying the deposit? Pay directly to the company or are you going to manage this Todd?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/26/06 01:23 PM
As of now it's going to be $385 for trunk and spoiler plus $80 for shipping for a total of $465 for shipped trunk with lip spoiler. The spoilers are going to be $120 and I need partial money to get those made as well. Just the trunk is alone is $265. So actually we need 192.50 x 8 = 1540 to get both done. Didn't think about the spoiler yesterday.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/26/06 02:04 PM
Any idea for shipping to Canada?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/26/06 03:21 PM
I can ask.
Posted By: Swazo Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/26/06 07:10 PM
What's the deadline for the deposit? If we've got a month or so, I'd be in for sure.
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/27/06 01:12 AM
If you guys need an extra body in the group buy, I wouldn't mind getting a trunk and spoiler.
i'm in no spoiler, i dont check this board enough but i get the email notices, someone pm me when we have a place to send the cash, also i'm hitting a big show early in march, any chance i could get a rush on one of the first ones if i throw in the full ammount at the get go? it'd be tits to get it in the show! thanks.
Posted By: mikey_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/27/06 08:10 AM
I am in for sure as well...let me know how you want payment and when!

Mikey (not Mikey boy)
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/27/06 08:49 AM
1. RandyCSVT
2. xchang
3. Dj Perico
4. Boy
5. Speed Demon
7. Stazi
8. Tisby
9. Qwk98svt
10. Mikey (not boy)
11. svtprodigy

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/27/06 01:25 PM
What's the deadline for the deposit? If we've got a month or so, I'd be in for sure.

By the time they get a lip spoiler and the molds made it should be a month at least.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/27/06 01:28 PM
Also Nima he needs your postal code to give you a shipping quote. The pre98 hoods he said are $220 + shipping! Guess who will be sporting a C/F for SZ?!
Posted By: ElKy Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/27/06 01:43 PM
aww man!
why can't he have a post-97 instead?!
poops!
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/27/06 02:11 PM
Also Nima he needs your postal code to give you a shipping quote. The pre98 hoods he said are $220 + shipping! Guess who will be sporting a C/F for SZ?!

From my own experiences of shipping CF parts into Canada, expect costs of around $150.00USD or more to ship a hood, around $100.00 or more to ship a trunk.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/27/06 03:58 PM
aww man!
why can't he have a post-97 instead?!
poops!

Because a stock replacement is already available you dork.
Posted By: ElKy Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/27/06 04:28 PM
yeah, but being me i havent done any research or even looked into this, and these prices seem kinda nice.
and it seems that they are producing better quality than the others out there.
or maybe its just the fact that the pic of their silver CF SHO hood is pretty...
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/27/06 10:42 PM
K1G 5J6 is my postal code, btw did the hoods turn out to be the same as the zxtuner ones?

Posted By: 96 M edition Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/27/06 11:18 PM
i loved my pre98 zxtuner hood...very good quality..esp when compared to the cf1 hood
Posted By: Tabari Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/28/06 10:29 AM
ok so is this a post or pre 98 trunk, and if it is post 98 the price is 265 shipped to the door, what is the expected shipping date? No 98+ hoods are available from these guys either? Id definately be interested in both
Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/28/06 02:44 PM
before i can purchase a trunk in silver CF i have to know that there, in the near future, would be a silver CF hood available. you cannot have one without the other in such a unique finish. if i wanted just regular CF then i would be all in.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/28/06 05:22 PM
before i can purchase a trunk in silver CF i have to know that there, in the near future, would be a silver CF hood available. you cannot have one without the other in such a unique finish. if i wanted just regular CF then i would be all in.

X2. Can't make the commitment for 1/2 the look
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/29/06 03:54 AM
I just want to "reaffirm" what Todd has spoke of of this company. I din't know it till now, but I started a GB on the G6 forum about 2 months ago for some CF vented hoods for our cars and they have been THE BEST people to deal with. Melissa and Tony do some excellent work over there! Their professionalism is amazing and the price and quality is top notch! They started work on the mold from the OEM we sent them January 3rd and they will be shipping out the hoods mid february guaranteed. Hope this goes as well as ours has went, can't wait to see you all sporting the CF hoods and lids, they'll look great.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/29/06 05:13 PM
hey todras, where do you want me to send the deposit, and how much do you want me to send, I am in for the trunk and spoiler, money order okay? thanks

-Jeff-
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/30/06 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Tabari:
post 98 the price is 265 shipped to the door,

Someone needs to read and get a cluepon.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/30/06 02:00 PM

Guess you'll have to wait then. When this GB is done anyone can proceed in taking on a hood GB. I'm just going to handle the trunk since it seemed to be the thing post ppl wanted. You just need to get a stock post 98 hood over to them and see what they say.
Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/30/06 11:31 PM
yeah, i am going to have to wait and see. i dont want to be stuck with a mismatched hood and trunk. that would be idiotic.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/31/06 03:56 AM
My only concern now is sound systems... I hope it doesn't rattle too bad, or worse then a standard deck lid...
Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/31/06 03:59 AM
get rid of the sound system. you need to fit a stroller back there now.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/31/06 04:41 AM
I can't resist the urge put my name down for a trunk with a lip
Posted By: Swazo Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 01/31/06 07:04 AM
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
I can't resist the urge put my name down for a trunk with a lip

Yeah..... f%&^ it, I can't either

1. RandyCSVT
2. xchang
3. Dj Perico
4. Boy
5. Speed Demon
7. Stazi
8. Tisby
9. Qwk98svt
10. Mikey (not boy)
11. svtprodigy
12. 96BlackSE
13. Swazo
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/01/06 01:15 AM
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
Any idea for shipping to Canada?

$230.00 to your postal code.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/01/06 02:46 AM
get rid of the sound system. you need to fit a stroller back there now.

Haha... next you'll probably say is that I need to replace those CF side mirrors and sell them to you... LOL!
Posted By: m!key Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/01/06 03:06 AM
sell them? more like trade them.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/01/06 04:26 AM
I think I am just gonna get it shipped to near the border and just pick it up
Posted By: Swazo Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/04/06 08:19 PM
Crap, I just realised that the 98+ taillight won't work with a pre98

I have custom LED taillights already made in my existing tail's
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/04/06 08:53 PM
Crap, I just realised that the 98+ taillight won't work with a pre98

I have custom LED taillights already made in my existing tail's

They will work and fit.

The difference is where the inner parts of the taillight meet the trunk lid. The top part of the 98+s angle upward and the pre-98s are flatter.
Posted By: Swazo Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/04/06 09:35 PM
Good, I was slaped my forehead when I thought I'd be missing out
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/08/06 01:18 PM
Update on shipping costs. It's going to be $165 to ship the trunk with spoiler. So it's $265 for just the trunk, $125 for the spoiler, and $165 for shipping for a total of $555. I got the $80 shipping from an unfinalized quote from SHOForum. From research the $165 for shipping is pretty standard. Who is still in. You guys think we should try to make the lip spoiler work to be integrated to the trunk?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/08/06 05:05 PM
If they could make the lip integrated I think it would look much better let alone cost $125 less

Either way I am still interested
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/08/06 08:44 PM
I would not buy the lip spoiler seperately. An integrated lip spoiler would make the trunk look best.

Im my case it is either a trunk with no spoiler or a trunk with an integrated spoiler.

Another concern of mine is whether or not there will still be a plastic piece that hold the license plate in. I saw someone on the forums who had molded that whole section of the trunk. Please tell me this one will be molded in and all CF. The only non-carbon fiber parts I want to see on this trunk are my license plate and the pre 98 inner tail lights.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/08/06 08:53 PM
Well Tony said he doesn't think the carbon fiber won't work at the angles the spoiler produces. He says the plate holder will be integrated into the trunk as well. We'll see when he gets that spoiler what he says.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/08/06 09:40 PM
is there a different kind of lip spoiler that would work better? I really have no preference and am open to other lip spoiler ideas. How does everybody else feel?
Posted By: Harrry Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/09/06 12:19 AM
is there a different kind of lip spoiler that would work better? I really have no preference and am open to other lip spoiler ideas. How does everybody else feel?

I agree. something to the extent of the orginal look!!!
Posted By: Swazo Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/09/06 01:01 AM
If they only have to make one mold, then it should be cheaper. I'd be all for that, but only if it's a lip spoiler type and looks very close to the OEM type.

Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/09/06 03:41 AM
I want somehting just like the stock trunk... If its a different spoiler I would really have to see it before I can commit
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/09/06 01:24 PM
Right. I only want to keep it very close to stock.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/09/06 01:44 PM
Where are our photoshop experts? Maybe they could take a pre-98 trunklid picture, and chop the spoiler into something a little smaller/flatter to allow them to mold it into the trunk? Maybe like that BMW lip spoiler that rolls off the back of the trunk? I think that'd look pretty good.

Mark
Posted By: Swazo Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/09/06 03:34 PM
That sounds good to me

Where's Mikey Boy and his mad PS skills????
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/14/06 03:33 AM
any updates on the spoiler?

-Jeff-
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/14/06 05:34 PM
Should have been shipped out yesterday.
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/15/06 02:50 AM
Where are our photoshop experts? Maybe they could take a pre-98 trunklid picture, and chop the spoiler into something a little smaller/flatter to allow them to mold it into the trunk? Maybe like that BMW lip spoiler that rolls off the back of the trunk? I think that'd look pretty good.

Mark

I don't think that the problem is the height of it. I'm sure it's more of the abrupt angle where it meets the top of the trunk. This however, in my opinion, could easily be built up slightly with fiberglass before molding.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/15/06 10:49 PM
I am in favor of a molded in lip spoiler. Can we vote on what we would prefer?

CF lip spoiler
seperate stock lip spoiler (not molded in)
molded in stock lip spoiler (slightly modified to make molding it in possible)
molded in lip spoiler OTHER THAN STOCK (maybe like the BMW lip spoilers)
I dont care which style of lip spoiler as long as it is molded in

Posted By: Pole120 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/15/06 11:53 PM
I am in favor of a molded in lip spoiler. Can we vote on what we would prefer?

Update:

After looking at the pictures, I would strongly suggest not to mold the spoiler with the trunk because when the carbon
is laid, my concern is that the weave will have imperfection.
Tony
Carbon EFX

from what i understand...he won't do it
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/16/06 03:52 AM
I don't care what kind of spoiler we get, I just don't want to have sime ugly, fast and furious looking thing, stock spoiler type is okay with me, but if someone wants something different please post some photoshops or some type of picture of the spoiler that you want.

-Jeff-
Posted By: Swazo Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/16/06 04:10 AM
Yes, we all need to be on the same page. Quality trunk lid is a must (looks and sealing quality), or I'm out.
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/16/06 04:50 AM
Should have been shipped out yesterday.

Yes. The spoiler is on its way to California.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/28/06 03:53 AM
anyone hear anything about the spoiler?

-Jeff-
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 02/28/06 01:41 PM
I've emailed Tony but still haven't heard anything.
Posted By: excel4600c Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/01/06 02:12 PM
Any pics or have these been made yet!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/01/06 02:19 PM
Originally posted by excel4600c:
Any pics or have these been made yet!

Did you even read a SINGLE post other than the first one
Posted By: excel4600c Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/06/06 01:37 PM
[censored] that theres almost 20 pages of posts i just need to know if there are any pics
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/06/06 01:56 PM
What are your settings on? I have 2 pages.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/13/06 05:56 AM
Any news?
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/27/06 01:21 AM
I take it this is dead?
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/27/06 06:17 AM
never say such a thing. the carbon fiber trunk group buy must never die!
Posted By: ElKy Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/27/06 12:14 PM
I take it this is dead?

wow...so does that mean the SZ05 video is dead?
hehe
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/27/06 01:43 PM
Ooooooooo... It is closer than you think.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/27/06 02:01 PM
It's not dead. They are just really busy. I'm waiting on a quote for what he needs to get started. I wanted to see if they could make it all one piece (to keep prices down) but it looks like it won't happen. So the total is going to be $550 for the spoiler/trunk shipped to your door. We need 1/2 deposits to get started.
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/27/06 02:22 PM
I still want one, with spoiler.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/28/06 06:43 PM
So what are they going to do... if you order a trunk and a spoiler are they going to have the trunk predrilled for mounting? Or are we going to get stuck trying to mount it ourselves?
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/29/06 05:43 AM
So what are they going to do... if you order a trunk and a spoiler are they going to have the trunk predrilled for mounting? Or are we going to get stuck trying to mount it ourselves?

no drilling please!!!!!!!!

can we just get a spoiler that sticks on with 3M tape. It is just a lip spoiler anyways.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 03/29/06 06:51 AM
If I get one, I would like no spoiler.
i'm still down for the cause, just let me know who to pay and when
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 05/25/06 03:52 AM
what happened to the trunk idea?
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 05/25/06 04:41 AM
I think the company gave Todd the cold shoulder when he tried to get them to mold the lip spoiler.

We need to find a reputible person to do a Pre-98 and/or Post-98.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 05/25/06 01:12 PM
It's dead. We made such good progress and then the guy flaked out when I tried to get the spoiler moulded in. It's like that was his major profit item making it seperate. I didn't want the trunk to have a weave going one way and the spoiler another. He didn't want to deal with it being integrated so f em.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 05/25/06 07:30 PM
thats chitty
Posted By: Dj Perico Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 05/25/06 08:43 PM
Originally posted by tod "choco vag" ras:
It's dead. We made such good progress and then the guy flaked out when I tried to get the spoiler moulded in. It's like that was his major profit item making it seperate. I didn't want the trunk to have a weave going one way and the spoiler another. He didn't want to deal with it being integrated so f em.

Sorry to hear that.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CF trunk Group Buy? 1/25/06 Update - 05/26/06 04:29 AM
lets find someone else
© CEG Archives