Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 99VCTContour Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/06/05 01:51 AM
I am able to make some carbon fiber parts. I am just wondering who all would be interested in buying, and what you would want. I have access to a limited size oven, so anything smaller is possible. Also, this is mil-spec carbon and is supplied by Boeing and other aerospace companies. Parts will be slightly less quality than professional, no hoods, trunks, or overly complex parts. Just post what you would like, and how many people are interested, and I will post later on an approximate cost.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/06/05 02:37 AM
Plastic valve cover piece.
EDIT: 2.5L SVT

Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/06/05 04:41 AM
? do you mean the cam covers?
Posted By: Robsdaace Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/06/05 05:45 AM
Carbon Fiber Dash Pieces? (Post 98) and CF zetec engine parts??? CF sail panels lol
Just wondering, are you using 2x2 twill?
Posted By: 99VCTContour Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/06/05 01:12 PM
Originally posted by 69Boss302:
Just wondering, are you using 2x2 twill?

It is a woven, pre-impregnated (resin) carbon fiber with a weave similar to 2x2. But, I will find out for sure and get back on this.

Also, thank you to all who posted about your interest.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/06/05 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Robsdaace:
Carbon Fiber Dash Pieces

Would definitely look hot! There were pics of the Saleen Contour's interior, and it had a C/F dash kit. So I'd say everything from the dash pieces, and the trim piece that goes around the 98+ shift boot.

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Carbon Fiber Dash Pieces

Would definitely look hot! There were pics of the Saleen Contour's interior, and it had a C/F dash kit. So I'd say everything from the dash pieces, and the trim piece that goes around the 98+ shift boot.

Mark

$$$$
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/06/05 05:51 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTodiFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Carbon Fiber Dash Pieces

Mark

$$$$

Thank you Mr. Obvious!! This guy came on here saying he could make smaller parts for us. He asked for suggestions. I gave him my suggestions, and I would imagine the next step is him giving a price range.

Mark
Posted By: thejms Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/06/05 06:03 PM
Along time ago someone on the Cougar forums was making CF intakes. I was always interested in that. The shorty pipe (to replace the accordian one) and the cold air piping. Not sure if you can make these. Everytime I contacted him he was out or not making them anymore.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/06/05 06:12 PM
Ok with other people suggesting these too I would like to add them to my list of "wants". So now here is what I'm looking for:

Plastic Valve Cover
Dash trim pieces/including insert around shift boot
Cold air intake (if possible)

Originally posted by thejms:
Along time ago someone on the Cougar forums was making CF intakes. I was always interested in that. The shorty pipe (to replace the accordian one) and the cold air piping. Not sure if you can make these. Everytime I contacted him he was out or not making them anymore.

Was that GrandMasterKhan? If so, I thought he was still making them.
Posted By: thejms Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/06/05 10:08 PM
Yes it was GMK, but I have emailed him several times, no reply.
Posted By: 99VCTContour Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 01:31 AM
Originally posted by SHOTIME2669:
Ok with other people suggesting these too I would like to add them to my list of "wants". So now here is what I'm looking for:

Plastic Valve Cover
Dash trim pieces/including insert around shift boot
Cold air intake (if possible)

After seeing a V6/SVT engine cover it is a bit complex. As of right now, I may be able to make some sail panels and insert around shift boot. But, this is mainly an interest check, and right now I am unsure weather I can for sure.
Posted By: KnighterSE Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 02:26 AM
How about a heat shield for the guys with the MAF adapter and K&N cone filter? something similar to what Chris @ CTA has???
Posted By: 99VCTContour Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Knighter:
How about a heat shield for the guys with the MAF adapter and K&N cone filter? something similar to what Chris @ CTA has???

Possibly. Would need measurements and dimensions to make one. But, I will consider. BTW all parts may be available in very limited quantities, if at all. But, I am trying for you guys.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 04:21 AM
How about the black plastic piece that goes around the radio and heater controls on a 99 SVT. I would also be interested in a heatshield and the shift boot surround. Some sail panels would be nice too.
Posted By: morbid Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 04:25 AM
Would a sunroof panel be too large?
Posted By: 99VCTContour Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 04:37 AM
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
How about the black plastic piece that goes around the radio and heater controls on a 99 SVT. I would also be interested in a heatshield and the shift boot surround. Some sail panels would be nice too.

All possible. But radio surround would be hard, with different people having different head units, that may be different sizes. Sail panels would be very easy, I think.

Originally posted by morbid:

Not too large, just difficult to make...how to stay on? Curving to match the line of the roof. Sealing? I could look into it though.

Also, for all parts, I am unsure of the price. It would have to do with how much time it takes to make them, how much carbon we have, how much I could use, how many examples I could make (possibly no prototypes), how busy I am with "assigned" moldings, and what all they let me make.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 04:42 AM
Originally posted by morbid:

that look odd...very very odd..

I'm thinking more of the standard trim like the around the power switches and locks..the handle to close the door..stuff like that..
Posted By: Matty K Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 04:47 AM
I would go for the shifter trim, heatshield, and one that hasn't been mentioned... whattabout the inserts for the door grab handles? The ones you pop out to unscrew the door? That would be sweet.
I was just thinking. I understand the weight savings in a hood...but the dash.....just take a poop before you run it at the track!
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 05:01 AM
Originally posted by 99VCTContour:

All possible. But radio surround would be hard, with different people having different head units, that may be different sizes. Sail panels would be very easy, I think.

The radio surround I am talking about would be an exact copy of the black plastic piece that goes around the radio and heater knobs. I dont think Someone's radio would matter at all.
Posted By: 99VCTContour Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 05:22 AM

The radio surround I am talking about would be an exact copy of the black plastic piece that goes around the radio and heater knobs. I dont think Someone's radio would matter at all.

I thought you ment the trim ring of a mounting kit for a CD player.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 05:29 AM
nope. I am talking about the larger black plastic piece. The interior light dimmer is on that panel too.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 01:49 PM
I was just thinking. I understand the weight savings in a hood...but the dash.....just take a poop before you run it at the track!

CF trim pieces are 100% for looks.

Mark
Posted By: Dr. Cross Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/07/05 04:26 PM
Sail panels would be nice. The aftermarket ones available now are ~$100/set, a little too pricey for me at this point.
Originally posted by phd2be:
Sail panels would be nice. The aftermarket ones available now are ~$100/set, a little too pricey for me at this point.

Agreed and CF mirror bases to go with them
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/08/05 06:14 PM
Carbon Fiber makes me want to:

Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/08/05 08:24 PM

CF trim pieces are 100% for looks.

Mark

So are unpainted hood and trunks. (yes I realize their is weight savings, bt its not painted to show it off like its something special)
Posted By: Dr. Cross Re: Interest check; carbon fiber parts - 11/09/05 05:44 PM
Originally posted by guitarman19853:
Originally posted by phd2be:

Agreed and CF mirror bases to go with them

Now that combo would be nice. And for $100 for all 4 pieces, I would definately be interested!
© CEG Archives