Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 10/30/05 05:50 AM
I have received a few e-mails & PM's about making the dual gauge dash bezel. I figured I would post it up in here to see exactly how many I will be looking to make. These will have to be hand made since getting a mold done was too costly. I am estimating the cost to be between 100.00 - 150.00 shipped. If I missed anything or if you have any questions just ask. Here are a few pics.

would the 100-150 shipped include gauges as well?
Originally posted by really BIG fuzzy:

I assume not since the gauges cost around 80 a piece themselves
aw damn guess that would b more then just 2 good 2 b true
aw damn guess that would b more then just 2 good 2 b true

Common sense is not with you this morning!
Posted By: Harrry Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 10/30/05 05:27 PM
i am assuming we ship u are bezel right??

I may be interested in this!!
You know I want one.
Originally posted by Shaggy:
You know I want one.

x2
Originally posted by Arhethia:

Is everyone in MI hung over today?!

BTW

Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 10/30/05 05:53 PM
I'm down for one of these.

Aaron
Posted By: RobSVT-t Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 10/30/05 06:53 PM
I'm interested!

Robert
Interested...more details...
what size guage will fit?
52mm or 2 1/16 in
I'd be in for sure!
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 10/31/05 10:07 PM

That is a no.

Correct, this will be done one at a time, you ship me yours and then I will send you a modified one.

Originally posted by brapple:

what size guage will fit?

2 1/16

anything larger will block the view of the other gauges.

This is the list of interested people, if I missed you sorry just add you're name to the list.

1.Shaggy
2.Arhethia
3.timeless420
4.NVS SVT
5.RobSVT-t
6.posthuman63t
7.SETour95-3

Here are some more pics. This is the one out of my car. I ended up wet sanding the whole thing once completed and gave it several coats of flat black primer.

This is the list of interested people, if I missed you sorry just add you're name to the list.

1.Shaggy
2.Arhethia
3.timeless420
4.NVS SVT
5.RobSVT-t
6.posthuman63t
7.SETour95-3
8.MapOftaziFoSho
Do you know how much it will be yet? 100 and I'm most likely in. 150, i'll have to think about it.

Also...If you have an extra bezel and complete it, then take the 1st order, and when the stock one arrives you send out the modified one, we will only be without it for the shipping to and from, and wont have to wait for the production. I dont know if thats what you meant by your previous comment or not. Not a bad thing to do though...
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/01/05 04:50 AM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
Do you know how much it will be yet? 100 and I'm most likely in. 150, i'll have to think about it.

Also...If you have an extra bezel and complete it, then take the 1st order, and when the stock one arrives you send out the modified one, we will only be without it for the shipping to and from, and wont have to wait for the production. I dont know if thats what you meant by your previous comment or not. Not a bad thing to do though...

150.00 was the highest estimate that I came up with. I have been able to get a few of the supplies cheaper so I would have to say no higher that 125.00

As for shipping you will not have to wait for production. Once I have one completed I will inform the buyer of it being ready. Although there will be a 7 day waiting period if someone pays by check.

I do have an extra bezel right now so I will go out and get the supplies tomorrow and hopefully start working on it A.S.A.P.

Anymore questions anyone has feel free to ask.

Can you do a pre-98 bezel?
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/04/05 12:29 AM
Originally posted by ohsigmachi:

I should be able to. Might have to wait awhile till I can get my hands on a spare one that I can test fit and see how it looks. The only hard part is once I am finished I will need to primer the whole thing black. The problem there is witht the vents. As with the post-98 ones we can simply remove them, as for the pre-98 I will need to tape off the vent fins to prevent them from sticking from the paint.

I will give it a try to see how it turns out and let ya know. If anyone wants one for a pre-98 just and your name to list and as to which one you want, pre or post-98.

Thanks Again, Dave
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/05/05 02:28 PM

1.Shaggy
2.Arhethia
3.timeless420
4.NVS SVT
5.RobSVT-t
6.posthuman63t
7.SETour95-3
8.MapOftaziFoSho
9.Russell-3L
1.Shaggy
2.Arhethia
3.timeless420
4.NVS SVT
5.RobSVT-t
6.posthuman63t
7.SETour95-3
8.MapOftaziFoSho
9.Russell-3L
10. DigitalSlacker
Originally posted by D�¯�Ÿ�«t� �¨ Slacker:
1.Shaggy
2.Arhethia
3.timeless420
4.NVS SVT
5.RobSVT-t
6.posthuman63t
7.SETour95-3
8.MapOftaziFoSho
9.Russell-3L
10. DigitalSlacker

11. Incubusjunkie614
Originally posted by dpa43:

I should be able to. Might have to wait awhile till I can get my hands on a spare one that I can test fit and see how it looks. The only hard part is once I am finished I will need to primer the whole thing black. The problem there is witht the vents. As with the post-98 ones we can simply remove them, as for the pre-98 I will need to tape off the vent fins to prevent them from sticking from the paint.

I will give it a try to see how it turns out and let ya know. If anyone wants one for a pre-98 just and your name to list and as to which one you want, pre or post-98.

Thanks Again, Dave

95 tour 3L has a post 98 now! Just an FYI
Posted By: Harrry Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/06/05 05:40 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTodiFoShoââ??¢:

Thanks Again, Dave

Are u trying to get rid of people so u can move ur self up in the list hmm lmao j/k

Thanks Again, Dave

Are u trying to get rid of people so u can move ur self up in the list hmm lmao j/k

Not at all, Dale is a good friend of mine! I was just stating that he wouldnt need the extra work of a pre 98

I dont get it...maybe i'm not suppose to...?
<------There ya go Pete. How bout a new name.
i cant afford it now but suprised no one had done this earlier. glad someone finally got around to it. looks very clean.
Posted By: CRSRFLS Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/07/05 05:49 PM
1.Shaggy
2.Arhethia
3.timeless420
4.NVS SVT
5.RobSVT-t
6.posthuman63t
7.SETour95-3
8.MapOftaziFoSho
9.Russell-3L
10.DigitalSlacker
11.Incubusjunkie614
12.CRSRFLS
Posted By: Harrry Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/10/05 06:46 PM
So how is this coming along??
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/11/05 02:20 AM
So how is this coming along??

Sorry for the delay in updates, the one spare that I had was damaged in storage so I had to make a trip the the junk yard. I am currently working on the first one and it is coming along good. As for everyone who wants one I will e-mail you a week or two in advance to let you know that I am almost done with the next available for you. That way you will have a advance notice to get things ready.

This is the current list for all post-98 dash bezels.
1.Shaggy
2.Arhethia
3.timeless420
4.NVS SVT
5.RobSVT-t
6.posthuman63t
7.SETour95-3
8.MapOftaziFoSho
9.Russell-3L
10.DigitalSlacker
11.Incubusjunkie614
12.CRSRFLS

Anymore questions feel free to ask. I will get to them A.S.A.P.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/11/05 04:36 AM
How do the gauges fasten/mount in the bezel housing?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/14/05 06:07 PM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

Bump.....
Yeah, I really do need this! Can we make this happen!
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/15/05 12:26 AM

Bump.....

Sorry bout that, been kinda busy. It is kinda like a compression fit. The holes are made and then the guage is test fitted till it slides in but is a snug fit. Hope that answers the question.

Originally posted by MapOfTodiFoSho:

It is happening, I am currently working on the first one right now.

Oh cool!
Posted By: Harrry Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/15/05 06:36 AM

Bump.....

Sorry bout that, been kinda busy. It is kinda like a compression fit. The holes are made and then the guage is test fitted till it slides in but is a snug fit. Hope that answers the question.

Originally posted by MapOfTodiFoSho:

It is happening, I am currently working on the first one right now.

Just for future reference how long does 1 take to do?? 1 week, 2 weeks for one dash?? Saying i am second in place for recieving one. How long before i get mine??
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/15/05 03:51 PM

Just for future reference how long does 1 take to do?? 1 week, 2 weeks for one dash?? Saying i am second in place for recieving one. How long before i get mine??

Roughly around 2 - 4 weeks time, depending on work. I will pm everyone when I start the production of theirs and another pm when it is a week away from completion and one when its done.

Thanks, Dave
I need this buy march!
I need this buy march!

I'll sell you my place in line...
I need this buy march!

I'll sell you my place in line...

I don't wanna pay extra $ for a spot in line.
lol, don't say i didn't offer...:-P

how much extra?

how much extra?

$5 per spot! Hey now, this isn't some popularity contest. This is for one of these FINE AZZ dual gauge bezels. Hehe...truth is, I don't want to give up my spot, but 5$ per spot would work.

and before you say...is he crazy?! ...yes i am.
[censored], I may just make my own.
Posted By: Rishodi Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/16/05 06:07 AM
That looks pretty nice. I'm certainly interested, but *checks pockets* yup, they're empty. Though from the sound of it, this is going to take a while, so maybe I can jump in on it in a couple months when I have the money.
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/16/05 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Rishodi:
That looks pretty nice. I'm certainly interested, but *checks pockets* yup, they're empty. Though from the sound of it, this is going to take a while, so maybe I can jump in on it in a couple months when I have the money.

Actually this shouldn't take to long. They seem to be going along pretty smoothly. This will be a always open GB. If someone wants one a year down the road I'm sure that I will still make them one.

Posted By: Rishodi Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/16/05 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Rishodi:

Actually this shouldn't take to long. They seem to be going along pretty smoothly. This will be a always open GB. If someone wants one a year down the road I'm sure that I will still make them one.

Sounds great! I like the looks of this as much as any gauge pod setup I've seen, so you can bet that I'll take you up on that offer sometime in the (presumably near) future.

how much extra?

Can't have my spot!
Posted By: Harrry Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/22/05 09:12 PM
Can u post any new pics that u might have. Mainly what u have gotten done so far????
Update??
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 11/29/05 01:30 AM
Can u post any new pics that u might have. Mainly what u have gotten done so far????

Update??

Sorry guys, been on vacation for the past couple of days for the holidays. The process is taking longer than I expected and I am sorry for that. here are two pics that I have taken. I went out and bought two more bezels at the junkyard so I can work on more that one at a time. Once again I am sorry that this is taking awhile to do but I just want this to look as perfect as I can before I start shipping them off.

The front one might look rough but believe me it will look bettter once completed.

Update??

Sorry guys, been on vacation for the past couple of days for the holidays. The process is taking longer than I expected and I am sorry for that. here are two pics that I have taken. I went out and bought two more bezels at the junkyard so I can work on more that one at a time. Once again I am sorry that this is taking awhile to do but I just want this to look as perfect as I can before I start shipping them off.

Take your time. I'd rather wait a little more and get a quality piece.

Thanks!
I just want this to look as perfect as I can before I start shipping them off.

Thats all I'm after!!! It's nice to see quality and not quantity from someone for once...
Bump...for easy access...hehe. How they coming along? How are theose hand cramps treating ya?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 12/10/05 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy:

Once again I am sorry that this is taking awhile to do but I just want this to look as perfect as I can before I start shipping them off.

Take your time. I'd rather wait a little more and get a quality piece.

Thanks!

Quality is always most important. I'll always wait (within reason--3 months for headlights doesn't count) for quality. Which is fine since I'll have to wait for this. Being poor sucks.
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 12/12/05 12:08 AM
Here are some more updated pics. Now I know why pole120 put his on hold for awhile. The hand cramps do suck with all the sanding, but I do have to give praise to the person that invented the sanding sponges. Those make it alot easier to fit the curves.

It probally is a good thing that I am not married or have a live in girlfriend, cause if they saw the bathtub they would probally FREAK!!!

LMFAO.....that's some funny a$$ shizzz. I've had some strange places that I've done my work in, but I think that pretty much takes it!!
so what is the price!? 100$???
i've got the money, and ready to order whenever you're ready to make it!!
Posted By: Harrry Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 12/12/05 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Kyle Miller:
i've got the money, and ready to order whenever you're ready to make it!!

1.Shaggy
2.Arhethia
3.timeless420
4.NVS SVT
5.RobSVT-t
6.posthuman63t
7.SETour95-3
8.MapOftaziFoSho
9.Russell-3L
10. DigitalSlacker
11. Incubusjunkie614

I think u might want to add urself to this list!!
1.Shaggy
2.Arhethia
3.timeless420
4.NVS SVT
5.RobSVT-t
6.posthuman63t
7.SETour95-3
8.MapOftaziFoSho
9.Russell-3L
10. DigitalSlacker
11. Incubusjunkie614
12. BrApple
Posted By: Harrry Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 12/22/05 12:30 AM
hows this coming along, jsut a 2 week checkup on ya??
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 12/22/05 04:28 AM

I am hoping(sp) to have the first 2 done the week after Christmas. I might even have the third one done also. I will PM you guys when they are ready. Hopefully very soon.

Thanks
saaawwweeeeett! Thanks for the update!
Posted By: Harrry Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 12/28/05 11:00 PM

I am hoping(sp) to have the first 2 done the week after Christmas. I might even have the third one done also. I will PM you guys when they are ready. Hopefully very soon.

Thanks

I am hoping they will be done hoping hoping hoping??
I can't wait man!!!
Posted By: sjsmk1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 12/31/05 01:43 AM
If the pre 98 can be done, I'd be in..would like to see it first
update?
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 01/06/06 03:28 AM
Ok, Ya I know its 2 weeks after I said I would have these done.
I just finished up on the third and hopefully last wet sand on these 2. If the weather is warm enough tomorrow after work I am going to try to get them primered.

Sweet!!! I can't wait!
OMG!! I swear I got a chubbie when I seen that pic. Man, and I'm number 6... I might have a heart attack when mine is done...

Great update.
Posted By: Harrry Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 01/06/06 07:45 AM
i am glad i am number 2. Just let us know how much final cost will be. I will then be sending payment out as soon as u give me ur address!!

--Looking good!!
is it too late to get my name on the bottom of the list? those things look bad asssssssssss!
Posted By: icysvt Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 01/07/06 04:29 PM
i'd really like to get on the bottom of the list also if possible great looking parts

I just finished up on the third and hopefully last wet sand on these 2.

Sweet. #3 has my name all over it.
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 01/08/06 01:27 AM
Originally posted by RespectTheContour:
is it too late to get my name on the bottom of the list? those things look bad asssssssssss!

Originally posted by icysvt:

i'd really like to get on the bottom of the list also if possible great looking parts

Go ahead and add yourselves to the list. Although I cannot give an exact time frame of completion right now.

Originally posted by RespectTheContour:

Originally posted by icysvt:

Go ahead and add yourselves to the list. Although I cannot give an exact time frame of completion right now.

no time needed, i can be patient for those results
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 01/11/06 04:56 AM
Shaggy = PM SENT!!!

Arhethia = PM SENT!!!

Well I finally got 2 done. Here are a few pics.

As for the price...

$110.00 shipped, thats including you send me your dash bezel with payment.

$135.00 shipped, if you wish to keep your original dash bezel and don't send me one as a trade.

Also I test fitted these on my car and they fit great.

Any questions feel free to ask.

My dash is T red at the moment...is this a problem?!
Man, I can hardly wait 4 more to go....
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 01/15/06 05:24 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:
My dash is T red at the moment...is this a problem?!

I would prefer them to not be painted. To much extra time for me to strip the paint off.
Progress update?
Progress update?

Yep...is #3 (mine) ready? Just got a new job so money is more free.
Originally posted by timeless420:
Progress update?

sounds like your offering to pay for mine....
Progress update?

Sorry....no can do. All additional funds are being diverted to restoring my (my fathers) old 1972 Cutlass Supreme Conv. It needs some TLC before it re-emerges from it's 5-6 year slumber
Progress update?

Sorry....no can do. All additional funds are being diverted to restoring my (my fathers) old 1972 Cutlass Supreme Conv. It needs some TLC before it re-emerges from it's 5-6 year slumber

I was enjoying that reply til I saw..."Conv."
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 02/04/06 10:44 PM
Put me down for a completed one, no trade in and I will send you $135, money order okay? PM me for all the info

-Jeff-
Posted By: RobSVT-t Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 02/05/06 12:24 AM
I'm going to have to remove myself from the list for the time being. Change in funding has made this once again, a dream. Hopefully i'll be able to once i get some more funds.

Robert
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 02/06/06 03:21 AM
1. Shaggy
2. Arhethia
3. timeless420
4. NVS SVT
5. RobSVT-t
6. posthuman63t
7. SETour95-3
8. MapOftaziFoSho
9. Russell-3L
10. DigitalSlacker
11. Incubusjunkie614
12. BrApple
13. Qwk98svt

Just let me know when you want the money
1. Shaggy (Finished)
2. Arhethia (Finished)
3. timeless420
4. NVS SVT
5. RobSVT-t (dropped out?)
6. posthuman63t
7. SETour95-3
8. MapOftaziFoSho
9. Russell-3L
10. DigitalSlacker
11. Incubusjunkie614
12. BrApple
13. Qwk98svt
Posted By: RobSVT-t Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 02/06/06 06:42 AM
1. Shaggy (Finished)
2. Arhethia (Finished)
3. timeless420
4. NVS SVT
5. posthuman63t
6. SETour95-3
7. MapOftaziFoSho
8. Russell-3L
9. DigitalSlacker
10. Incubusjunkie614
11. BrApple
12. Qwk98svt

Revised/Updated
Posted By: CRSRFLS Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 02/07/06 12:27 AM
Originally posted by RobSVT-t:
1. Shaggy (Finished)
2. Arhethia (Finished)
3. timeless420
4. NVS SVT
5. posthuman63t
6. SETour95-3
7. MapOftaziFoSho
8. Russell-3L
9. DigitalSlacker
10. Incubusjunkie614
11. CRSRFLS (don't know how I got left out)
12. BrApple
13. Qwk98svt

Revised/Updated

Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 02/14/06 03:32 AM
any updates on the progress? Thanks!

-Jeff-
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 02/17/06 12:38 AM
Ok, sorry for the delay in responce, been feeling like [censored] lately.

I have 2 that are almost done. One has some finish sanding left and the other needs a little more work. I should have one done real soon.

Ok, sorry for the delay in responce, been feeling like [censored] lately.

Take your time dude. I think I can speak for everyone in this GB by saying, take your time, do it right, feel better. I'd rather wait an extra couple weeks then have you rush them when you are feeling bad.
WOOHOO...the next one he starts will be mine...*insert happy dance here*
Posted By: muskamike Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 02/27/06 07:12 PM
Woa, those look rad.

Are the two ones being completed facing different directions? One set of bezels pointing up and one down??? Am I losing my mind?

Any idea how long you would continue this project for? I wont have funds until middle of April...
Naw, it's just the angle of the dangle.

One's closer to the cam so it looks like it pointing more downwards.
is there any new information?
Originally posted by BrApple:

yea, time for an update!
Posted By: 111R Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 03/16/06 12:07 AM
Originally posted by CRSRFLS:
Originally posted by RobSVT-t:
1. Shaggy (Finished)
2. Arhethia (Finished)
3. timeless420
4. NVS SVT
5. posthuman63t
6. SETour95-3
7. MapOftaziFoSho
8. Russell-3L
9. DigitalSlacker
10. Incubusjunkie614
11. CRSRFLS (don't know how I got left out)
12. BrApple
13. Qwk98svt
14. 111R

Revised/Updated

I am in
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 03/19/06 10:15 PM

yea, time for an update!

Should have those last 2 that I pictured ready to go in a week. Had a little battle of my own with Pneumonia lately which had me laid up the past couple of weeks.

Should have those last 2 that I pictured ready to go in a week. Had a little battle of my own with Pneumonia lately which had me laid up the past couple of weeks.

Sweet..I can't wait. This should tide me over from selling my car for a bit longer.
guys...count me out on this GB...I can't wait that long...I am building my own!

yea, time for an update!

Started on the next pair yet? Or screw that, the next ONE? hehe, I'm waiting impatiently, ...I have no patience. Sorry, tried in the past, just doesn't work. So...update?
Posted By: buttersSVT Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 04/05/06 07:23 PM
im in on that! what do you need?
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Intrest Check? Dual Gauge Dash Bezel. - 04/10/06 05:48 PM
timeless420=PM Sent!!!
update? HAve you finished the 4th bezel/started the 5th yet?
© CEG Archives