Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 D2 Racing Coilover - 10/29/05 07:44 AM
I guess I'll go ahead and post this here as well.

HERE is the original post about this coilover system.

THIS is the email I recieved from D2 Racing:
Quote:

Michael,

Thank you for your email and I apologize for the delayed response. The Contour was an application we used to carry however due to lack of popularity (we have only sold 3 sets in the last 2 years for the US market) the manufacturer discontinued this. I talked to my rep and she said they could start production again for a minimum order of 5 sets. We would be able to sell these factory direct for $1050 shipped. We would need a 50% deposit and the rest would be payable when the coilovers are ready to ship out (it will take about 1.5 months to produce and ship to us). Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in pursuing.

Michael Hinderliter

D2 Racing>>> www.d2racing.com

I hesitantly offer my services to track and sort of administer this as long as no one tries to send me money.
All funds will go directly to D2 Racing in the event this gets off the ground.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/29/05 04:01 PM
Good job man. Do me a favor, call them back and give them my name to go on that list. I have the money sat aside as we speak for suspension. Just PM me if they need more than just a name or maybe I can call for myself if need be. Let me know.

Mike
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/29/05 09:01 PM
I bet livin svt will be in on this, he's got wood for the D2 system . Maybe then ill take his GC / koni's
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/30/05 12:56 AM
I am gonna see how much repsonse I get over the weekend. If it looks like we'll be able to come up with five (you and I make 2 so only 3 to go) then I will call on monday morning and we will proceed from there.
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/30/05 03:06 AM
Originally posted by ohsigmachi:
I am gonna see how much repsonse I get over the weekend. If it looks like we'll be able to come up with five (you and I make 2 so only 3 to go) then I will call on monday morning and we will proceed from there.

Seeing as how I have a blown koni right now that will cost me some $$ to replace b/c I cut the perches for my GC's I will consider this if we get close to the number.

My only questions are
a) what kind of corrosion resistance do these have?
b) what kind of warranty do they offer?
c) would we still be able to pick our spring rates?

Thanks
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/30/05 03:37 AM
Is this a one piece coilover set up!?

I want these, but prob cannot afford them!

SO F ing hot!
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/30/05 03:57 AM
Quote:

My only questions are

Your qustions are noted and I will ask monday morning
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/30/05 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
I bet livin svt will be in on this, he's got wood for the D2 system . Maybe then ill take his GC / koni's

Alex is right. I am in on this for sure, but I really need to sell my Koni/GC set up first. I am sure is doable. Alex you have pm
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/30/05 07:37 PM
Curent list stands at:

1. ohsigmachi
2. 69Boss302
3. timeless 420 (is a possibility)
4. livinsvt

Come on Guys,
we are getting these at a really competive price, compared to what they listed retail at previously. Plus you only need half down. with another 6 wks to get the other half!
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/31/05 03:06 AM
Quote:

My only questions are

Your qustions are noted and I will ask monday morning

Also ask if they have the slots for the brake lines and sway bar end links. Also how much height adjustment there is. Thanks
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/31/05 04:17 PM
Mother F*****! I would kill for a set of these, but I just bought a new car. Hopefully I can pick a set up in the future.
Posted By: SV TIZZILE Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/31/05 04:41 PM
Count me in!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/31/05 04:59 PM
Count me in for sure!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/31/05 05:00 PM
Who do we contact and when ... 5 people have been found by my count ... I need to get this ordered!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/31/05 06:25 PM
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Mother F*****! I would kill for a set of these, but I just bought a new car. Hopefully I can pick a set up in the future.

I want them too! One piece > two piece.
Posted By: Aspire Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/31/05 07:11 PM
I would like to see the answers to the questions posted already before I give the green light as I am happy with my Koni/B&G setup.

But I dont know if I can resist such a hot setup.

Count me in tentatively as I have no problem with the money just would need to make a final decision.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 10/31/05 07:54 PM
Thos spring rates look funny. Spring rates should be in kN/m, anyway, I don't know why they would use kg/mm. Also, what about f/r bias? Are they only available with the same rates all around?
All,
Michael Hinderliter is at SEMA right now, but I talked to a guy there who does the rebuilds on thier warranty work, and is also involved in the parts supply. There may be a small delay since Michael does most of the ordering.

Anyway, what I would like is for everyone who is in 100% to send me a PM containing your full name and contact email.

Below are some answers to questions asked previously.

Q#1 what kind of corrosion resistance do these have?
A#1 All parts are either anodized or Stainless

Q#2 what kind of warranty do they offer?
A#2 All kits come with a 1 year warranty

Q#3 would we still be able to pick our spring rates?
A#3 99% sure of a yes on this

Q#4 Also ask if they have the slots for the brake lines and sway bar end links.
A#4 All kits are modeled off of stock parts(ie. designers have hands on stock parts) There will be a collar style bracket for the endlinks to attach to.

Q#5 how much height adjustment there is
A#5 I forgot to ask this(sorry), I would imagine it's similar to GC's

Q#6 Also, what about f/r bias? Are they only available with the same rates all around?
A#6 You certainly can pick different rates f/r.

Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover Revised List - 11/01/05 06:48 PM
This is the Official list of people who have PM'd me.
1. livinsvt
2. SV TIZZLE
3. bensevill

Plus me, that's still stuck at four.

If you want these you will need to be on a by name list that will be coordinated with D2.
Posted By: dbl0TOUR Re: D2 Racing Coilover Revised List - 11/01/05 09:06 PM
I would like to be number 5 on the list.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover Revised List - 11/02/05 02:25 AM
1. livinsvt
2. SV TIZZLE
3. bensevill
4. dbl0TOUR

Plus me
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover Revised List - 11/02/05 02:55 AM
My Koni/Ground controls are for sale if anyone is interested.

Pm or email me
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover Revised List - 11/02/05 04:52 AM
PM sent. Don't forget about the red-head stepchild here!!!!!!!! Please???
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover Revised List - 11/02/05 07:21 AM
1. livinsvt
2. SV TIZZLE
3. bensevill
4. dbl0TOUR
5. 69Boss302

Plus me
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: D2 Racing Coilover Revised List - 11/02/05 02:28 PM
Oh, also: are the shock bodies shorter than stock? I really need more bump travel!
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/02/05 02:34 PM
Will all of this be around this spring? I don't have suspension money set aside yet but this seems like just what I want
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover Revised List - 11/02/05 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Oh, also: are the shock bodies shorter than stock? I really need more bump travel!

Would be nice!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/02/05 05:52 PM
Alex, you do know this is a $1000+ suspension setup, right?
Posted By: Stazi Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/02/05 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Thos spring rates look funny. Spring rates should be in kN/m, anyway, I don't know why they would use kg/mm. Also, what about f/r bias? Are they only available with the same rates all around?

It's a Euro thing - they often revet back to kg - just multiply their rates by ~10 and vio la!

Assumption is that the acceleration due to gravity is equal anywhere on the planet.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/02/05 08:03 PM
Stazi, thanks for clarifying the spring rate thing, I understood the universal nature of the measurements, but was at a los to explain it.

I will ask about a shorter shock body, but lets not get ahead of ourselves here. This is already the most adjustable setup out there.
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/02/05 08:15 PM
Stazi, thanks for clarifying the spring rate thing, I understood the universal nature of the measurements, but was at a los to explain it.

I will ask about a shorter shock body, but lets not get ahead of ourselves here. This is already the most adjustable setup out there.

When are you sending in the list? I have not had time to sort out my Koni warranty so until I do that I cannot give a firm yes or no.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/02/05 09:22 PM
Michael Hinderliter is still at SEMA so when he comes back all final details will be hammered out, list will be finalized, funds will be sent. In that order. 2-3 weeks and then ~6 weeks for production. I would imagine that you could jump in during the production run, but I make no promises.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover Revised List - 11/03/05 07:03 PM
1. livinsvt
2. SV TIZZLE
3. bensevill
4. dbl0TOUR
5. 69Boss302
6. sonza68

Plus me
Posted By: contour_phoenix_when_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/04/05 04:52 PM
I hope I did this correctly

springs rates

Custom spring rates (3.5, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, and 22 kg/mm)

Where 22kg/mm = 215.68KN/m

1995 contour front spring rate GL/LX 6-cyl 20 kn/m = 2.04kg/mm

meaning that the custom spring rate of 3.5kg/mm is the rate offered nearest to contour spring rates.

ohsigmachi just curious but what are the spring rates requested by those who have expressed interest in ordering this kit.

Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/04/05 07:35 PM
we haven't gotten that far yet. I was actually going to start a thread in the suspension forum about peoples opinions on the spring rates offered.

Out of curiosity, do you know the spring rates of the other kits(eg Koni, BAT, H&R, Eibach)?
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover revised list - 11/05/05 01:17 AM
1. livinsvt
2. SV TIZZLE
3. bensevill
4. dbl0TOUR
5. 69Boss302
6. sonza68
7. fastcougar

Plus me
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover revised list - 11/05/05 10:49 AM
I don't recall ever seeing if they had progressive rate springs or linear springs. Could someone clarify this for me?
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover revised list - 11/06/05 05:21 AM
D2 uses linear springs
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover revised list - 11/06/05 11:51 AM
Could you ask if they have progressive rate springs available please?
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/06/05 10:22 PM
They do not.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/06/05 10:32 PM
and if i did my math right...1 kg/mm = 56lbs/in so multiply 56 by the different springs d2 offers and you'll have it in lbs/in
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/07/05 02:34 PM

I'm still in though, was just hoping for some progressive's. Now to figure that spring rate I want...
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/07/05 03:31 PM
This is a high-performance coilover setup. It would be foolish to get prorgessive or soft springs for this. If you want comfort, get the BAT or Koni kit. If you want something faster than GCs and Konis, this may be for you.

Spring rates

Code:

kg/mm lb/in N/m
3.5 196 34
5 279 49
7 391 69
9 503 88
11 615 108
13 726 128
15 838 147
18 1006 177
22 1229 216

Here's my take. These are just basic sets, but should work as outlined below.

DD with stock swaybars: 7f/5r - extra rear roll stiffness without swaybar hassles!
with Aussie bar: 7f/3.5r - same f/r bias as GCs, but softer.

both of these should give you most of the performance of the GCs without the super-harsh ride. Probably a little stiffer than the stiffest non-coilovers available, but I dont' ahve numbers for them, so I'm not sure.

Sportier/race/track setups:

9f/5r - essentially the same as GCs. Not bad if you already have the Aussie and are on the street or track.

9f/7r - more roll stiffness in the rear than GCs - great especially if you have a stock rear swayabar, but should be well-balanced for autocross use with the Aussie. I'm thinking of converting my GCs to this rate.

11f/9r - just stiffer than the 9f/7r, with the same 55/45 ratio. I wouldn't go any stiffer than this! This is probably the balls-out racecar setup, and what I would get if I hop on this one. Rougher ride but less roll than the GCs.

I've also thought about going stiffer on springs up front, and pulling the front swaybar for more traction. But since I think I'm the only one trying to build a hardcore suspension with no LSD, I'm not going to bother doing the numbers.

A note on bias: generally you want the wheel rates to be equal f and r, but winning FWD race cars are usually 55/45 or even 50/50, even with a 60/40 or worse weight distribution. So while the 66/34 offered by the GCs and 7/3.5 and 9/5 setups is balanced F/R, it isn't the fastest way around an autocross course or track. However, that setup with an Aussie (or even 21mm BAT) puts it more towards 55/45, and is a good setup: I run it now and like it. Without an Aussie, I'd definetly run something like the 9/7 or 7/5 to get less understeer, and if you're looking for rotaion on the autocross course, an Aussie and very stiff rear springs should help with rotation.

Sorry if this is confusing, speak up if you disagree or need something clarified.
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/07/05 04:07 PM
You just confirmed what I've been thinking. I've been trying to decide between an 11/9 and 9/7 setup myself.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/07/05 04:15 PM
Are you autocrossing? What suspension do you have now? What swaybar?
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/07/05 04:39 PM
Yup and running on 710s. I currently have the Aussie Bar and Roush springs on ST200 struts. I still have a stock sway bar around, so I have the option of putting that back on if the rear gets too stiff on me.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/07/05 04:47 PM
Originally posted by sonza68:
Yup and running on 710s.

Aweome! I'd go with the stiffer setup for R-comps. The ride won't be worth it for most people, but with that kind of grip you really need to keep roll stiffness very high. Are you in DSP? I've been thinking about making the jump if I blow my diff or start open-tracking and want an LSD. Oh, do you have an LSD?
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/07/05 05:00 PM
Yeah, SVT intake manifold and TB bumped me to DSP. I'm currently running an auto, so no LSD for me. My plan is to find a second Cougar with a manual to turn into a dedicated DSP car though.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/07/05 05:16 PM
I'd love to see a DSP Contour/Cougar. You might want to think about the Contour instead: much cheaper, easier to find, and if my request to list the regular Contour in DSP goes through you could put an SVT motor into a stripped '95 GL. Also, if Cougars have the new-style 2-bolt LCAs you'd be better off with an older Contour so you can put some real bushings up front in a pair of 4-bolts. Keep me informed!
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/07/05 09:06 PM
All concerend parties have the information required. I ordered mine today and went with 9Kg front/7Kg rear.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/07/05 09:17 PM
All concerend parties have the information required. I ordered mine today and went with 9Kg front/7Kg rear.

Can we have said information, please? Are the shock bodies shorter than stock?
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/07/05 09:30 PM
1. livinsvt
2. SV TIZZLE
3. bensevill
4. dbl0TOUR
5. 69Boss302
6. sonza68
7. fastcougar

Plus me

These people have the info.

The shock bodies are not shorter at this time, but I am still working on this.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/08/05 11:11 AM
I'm now $525 poorer And waiting to be another $525 poorer in a few weeks.
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/08/05 01:55 PM
Think of it as an investment in driving enjoyment.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/08/05 02:45 PM

The shock bodies are not shorter at this time, but I am still working on this.

Bah! Let me know when you can get me more bump travel. I can't imagine the damping or camber adjustment is enough better (if at all) to make this worth it for me.
Posted By: contour_phoenix_when_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/08/05 03:52 PM
"Out of curiosity, do you know the spring rates of the other kits(eg Koni, BAT, H&R, Eibach)?"

No
Posted By: dbl0TOUR Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/08/05 08:38 PM
I put half down today. I went with the 9kg f / 7kg r also. I'm at about 61,000 miles should I also replace the upper strut mounts? Seems like it might be an opportune time but not sure how necessary it would be.
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/08/05 08:54 PM
We're going to need camber plates for these anyway aren't we?
Karl
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/08/05 09:21 PM
It's my impression that the kit comes with the camber plates.

EDIT: I just spoke with Mike at D2 and he said that the kit we are getting does not come with the camber kit. However , he is going to make a call to see if they can be produced for us and the price. He should be calling me back tomorrow and I will post when he does and what the companies answer is.
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/08/05 09:50 PM
Thanks for that edit, 69Boss302. I had just PM'd ohsigmachi on getting on the list once I got an answer on the camber kit. I need one anyway since my inside fronts are wearing a bit more than the rest of the tread and thought I'd kill two birds with one purchase.
Karl
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/09/05 01:08 AM
All info concerning the previous contour kit(modified mondeo kit) stated it came with the camber plates for the front. I will also call D2 tommorrow and find out about this(I think Mike might just be misinformed about our platform), I will also keep hammering away for a shorter shock body.

For all who have thanked me for getting this together. I reply with a simple "You are most welcome."

Reguards
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/09/05 06:05 AM
This would be most up setting if there not included
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/09/05 02:17 PM
Originally posted by livinsvt:

It was already stated in another post that the Contour kits does not come with camber adjustment.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/09/05 03:27 PM
Originally posted by timeless420:

It was already stated in another post that the Contour kits does not come with camber adjustment.

Yea that was posted yesterday, read post above mine .
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/09/05 03:51 PM
Actually it was posted way before the GB ever started, back when people were first investigating this kit. None the less, now everyone knows
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/09/05 08:14 PM
from the original thread:
Quote:

The camber kit comes on the front set standard according to there parts matrix.

I just got off the phone with Michael Hinderliter, and he said that off the top of his head he seemed to remember the Contour kits having front camber plates. However, on an updated listing they don't show that option. He is calling the manufacturer tonight to confirm. BTW, I also plugged away for the shorter shock body on this phone call(he said he's going to pull for us, but makes no promises).

My impression is that the D2 contour suspension was never very popular(they've only sold 2 before this) and we are in a sense "making" this kit with this GB.

My advice is to be patient, campaign for our demands and see what we come out with.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/09/05 10:36 PM
Well, since you called him already, I'll hold off on it then.
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/10/05 07:19 PM
I just put my order in and I forgot to ask Michael about that (camber plates). D'oh! He also didn't ask about spring rates and I forgot to give them so I guess that can come later after all the orders are in?
Karl
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/10/05 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 88SVT:
I just put my order in and I forgot to ask Michael about that (camber plates). D'oh! He also didn't ask about spring rates and I forgot to give them so I guess that can come later after all the orders are in?
Karl

Ordered as well. He mentioned that he had not heard back from the manufacture yet about the plates.

So does the six week process start now? Or after there in production, than six weeks from then? Either way no big deal for me.
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/10/05 08:41 PM
If we're talking about these camber plates, could someone please ask if they would be availble for people not ordering the coilover kit?
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/10/05 11:07 PM
I just called Michael back to give him the spring rates I wanted and in passing mentioned the camber plates and he said he should know something tomorrow on whether or not they're included with the rest of the package.
Karl
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/15/05 08:01 PM
So, anything new while I've been gone the last few days? I figured I woudl stop in here before calling him. He hasn't charged my CC yet for the $525 which I thought he would've by now. Just asking questions.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/16/05 07:58 AM
I will be calling on the morning of the 16th
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/16/05 10:12 PM
I'm holding out for an answer on the camber control ... without it, I'm going to have to back out as I already have the KONI's and Ground Control ready to go ... adding camber plates from BAT would finish my system out and avoid me having to sell this never-installed setup just to afford this one. However, if the camber plates are a reality, I might go through the trouble and eat the cost up front.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 D2 Racing Coilover A Call Goes Out - 11/17/05 08:20 PM
OK, got off the phone with Michael @ D2. Here is the Deal:

D2 currently doesn't have camber plates developed for our cars, BUT He can get it developed with only about a week added to the timeline if we can come up with a full stock suspension for them to model off of. If we get them this there is a very great possibility of the shorter shock body coming along with this.

Shipping will be paid for by D2 so all you have to do is be willing to part with your used suspension components.

I would do this, but my old suspension parts have been gone for years.

We need:
1 set stock springs Fr/Rr, one set struts Fr/Rr, one set of upper strut mounts Fr/Rr

I know there are differences in strut perch design and sping rate/coil diameter from throughout the model years. Does anybody know which combo would be compatible for all years?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: D2 Racing Coilover A Call Goes Out - 11/17/05 08:34 PM

I know there are differences in strut perch design and sping rate/coil diameter from throughout the model years. Does anybody know which combo would be compatible for all years?

Rear struts and springs are the same thing

Front struts and springs are matched by year, pre-98 struts mate only with pre-98 springs and post-98 struts mate with only post-98 springs. I believe The upper mounts did not change at all, someone can correct me if i'm wrong.
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: D2 Racing Coilover A Call Goes Out - 11/17/05 10:28 PM

D2 currently doesn't have camber plates developed for our cars, BUT He can get it developed with only about a week added to the timeline if we can come up with a full stock suspension for them to model off of. If we get them this there is a very great possibility of the shorter shock body coming along with this.

Shipping will be paid for by D2 so all you have to do is be willing to part with your used suspension components.

I would do this, but my old suspension parts have been gone for years.

We need:
1 set stock springs Fr/Rr, one set struts Fr/Rr, one set of upper strut mounts Fr/Rr

Brett (livinsvt) who put on my H&Rs and Konis a little while ago pointed this group buy out to me. I still have the stock suspension from my 1998.5 SVT. I would be willing to part with it to help you guys out with your situation. Just send me a PM or give me what I need to know to get the suspension shipped to D2.

Steve
Quote:

Brett (livinsvt) who put on my H&Rs and Konis a little while ago pointed this group buy out to me. I still have the stock suspension from my 1998.5 SVT. I would be willing to part with it to help you guys out with your situation. Just send me a PM or give me what I need to know to get the suspension shipped to D2.

Steve

You have a PM.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: D2 Racing Coilover A Call Goes Out - 11/18/05 01:50 AM
oh Steve you're so dreamy helping everyone out
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover A Call Goes Out - 11/18/05 06:45 AM
Thanks for stepping up Steve. Glad I pulled that setup out

Anybody figure out whats up with charging the credit card? Also is it 6+1 weeks from now, or from when they start production?
production start
Thanks Mike and Steve for helping this move along. I would've gladly ripped mine out but the car is in SC and I'm in DC so that's on the tough side.
All,

Michael @ D2 is arranging shipping as I type this, the probable pickup time for Steve's suspension is next Friday(Steve's a working man and his schedule takes priority).

A big thanks to Steve for the donation, especially since he's not a part of the group buy!

A big thanks to Steve for the donation, especially since he's not a part of the group buy!

I couldn't agree more.
Posted By: NVSVT D2 Racing Coilover A Call Goes Out - 11/19/05 10:55 AM

osigmachi, Will you check with Michael @ D2 to see if he will sell JUST the camber plates as a part of this Group Buy? If so, at what price? And could you please see if they will work with the Koni Sport Kit?

Thanks!
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover A Call Goes Out - 11/21/05 08:29 PM
whoops, I meant to post like a week ago that I posted payment for the D2's, so I'm in.
this is the latest on the GB, Looks like I will get to do the test fit. Oh and Steve, I mailed your check out today.

Quote:

Mike,

Please let Steve know that I have put in the pickup request for UPS and they should be coming within the next couple of days to pick up the suspension. I have put in the request for the times he asked for but if for some reason they do not come during these times just ask him to call the # on the notice they leave.

Unfortunately I was not able to ship the shocks directly from Steve to the manufacturer, they have to come to me first but as soon as they get here I will air mail them out to the factory. Once they produce the coilovers I will have a set air mailed out to you (at no extra cost to you) so that you can make sure everything is OK of if any changes need to be made. I donâ??t foresee any issues since it is just minor additions to a system we already know works.

Thanks again for all your help!

Michael Hinderliter

D2 Racing>>> www.d2racing.com

Posted By: SQLSVT Re: D2 Racing Coilover A Call Goes Out - 11/23/05 01:58 AM
Ok sounds good. The pickup is still on for Friday?
that's what I told him was optimal, but Mike said UPS pretty much says "F you we'll come when we want" on the first pickup attempt.
out of curiosity, how many folks have paid in on this already?
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover A Call Goes Out - 11/28/05 01:55 PM
I've paid.
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/28/05 05:10 PM
Originally posted by â????unbantodrasâ??º:
If we're talking about these camber plates, could someone please ask if they would be availble for people not ordering the coilover kit?

Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/30/05 05:03 AM
OK, so I figured everyone would like a little update.

1) UPS did make a pickup at Steve's, but I forgot to tell Mike H. that his suspension was in 2 boxes so only one got shipped(I'll take a hit for that one). UPS will be by again This week or next to pick up the remaining Box. Once Mike has the entire Setup they will be Airmailed to the Factory.

2)I am still waiting on a response about Camber plates only. Whether they will fit the stock Contique/Cougar strut is beyond me.

3)The CCs will be charged once production starts.

I think that addresses all concerns for now. If there's something I missed just let me know.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/30/05 12:55 PM
thanks Mike for the update.
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 11/30/05 02:53 PM
2)I am still waiting on a response about Camber plates only. Whether they will fit the stock Contique/Cougar strut is beyond me.

Thanks. I doubt they'll fit a non-coilover suspension but *should* fit the Ground Control coilovers because their Eibach springs have a 65mm internal diameter.

Quote:

Designed for use with the D2 coilovers these camber plates are also compatible with other suspension systems which feature a spring with 65mm internal diameter.

Posted By: NVSVT D2 Racing Coilover A Call Goes Out - 11/30/05 06:44 PM
osigmachi, Thanks for the up-date and thank you for all of your efforts as well.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover A Call Goes Out - 11/30/05 07:57 PM
I second that, thanks for all your work.

is there any estimate on when production will start [solely for when we will get billed].

and how many people have "payed"?
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 12/08/05 04:18 PM
didn't want to let this slip out of sight...
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 12/08/05 04:24 PM
I don't recall, but are the camber plates striclty camber adjustment, or both camber and caster? The later would be best!
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 12/08/05 07:47 PM
From the pictures I've seen, they appear to be camber only.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 12/09/05 09:47 PM
UPS picked up the front suspension yesterday so production should start very soon.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 12/22/05 07:45 AM
The factory engineers are still scoping out the stock suspension, Mike says he'll get me a solid timeline thursday. I plugged again for the shorter shock body. If anyone still wants in its still open.

BTW the guy on Ebay that has a listing for D2 racing setup for the contour DOES NOT have one and can't get one before we do.
Posted By: DJ 59Y Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 12/22/05 12:38 PM
i might be interested....

couple questioins.....

can we choose rate....if so what is offerd...

whats the warrenty....

whats the FINAL price and is set in stone...

is the company in the US or is our stuff gonna get stuck on a dock

wheres my $$$ going and what happens if the deal doesn't go through

and when is full payment expected
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 12/23/05 03:42 AM
Originally posted by DJ 59Y:
i might be interested....

couple questioins.....

can we choose rate....if so what is offerd...

springs to choose from

whats the warrenty....

warranty info in this post

whats the FINAL price and is set in stone...

from my first post...the price hasn't changed

is the company in the US or is our stuff gonna get stuck on a dock

link from first post

wheres my $$$ going and what happens if the deal doesn't go through

link from first post the production is about to begin

and when is full payment expected

Half NOW the rest when your kit is ready to ship.(approx 6 weeks)
Posted By: DJ 59Y Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 12/23/05 11:56 AM
so my $$(the half down and later the rest) goes straight to them.....

Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 12/23/05 09:32 PM
so my $$(the half down and later the rest) goes straight to them.....

yes, ask for Michael Hinderliter
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 01/05/06 08:21 PM
bump for an update.

I called them up today [I had to change my billing information]. He is still waiting to hear about the camber plates.... and something about "about a month", but I am unsure if he was referring to the start of production, or being finished.
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 01/08/06 05:31 AM
Should I just contact D2 directly if I wanna jump on this?
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 01/11/06 07:23 PM
Yeah. Ask for Mike Hinderliter. 919-544-4072
...I will be receiving the first "test fit" set by the end of next week.

Now the bad news, the set won't have camber plates...

I don't know what else to say, I gave it the old college try but their engineers said no.

Now, the somewhat better news, because of the lack of camber plates the sets are $50 cheaper (the original price quoted was for a kit that didn't have camber plates and they were basically going to develop them and give them to us).

The way I see it we have 3 options.

1) Say "oh well, but at least its still a waranteed true coilover kit thats both bound and rebound adjustable."

2) Say "that's crap and I won't pay for it!"

or 3) try really hard to come up with a work around that D2 could adapt to our platform (who's up for some cuttin' and weldin'?) I think Pole120 has something in the works for adapting a camber plate...

I leave it up to you.

I said #1, with #3 in the back of my mind.
when I spoke to Mike he said that the cambe kit from SPC(whoever that is) might have some that would work.
The SPC(specialty products corporation) Kit is the one that is readily available for the contour and has the weak top plates.
Thats very disapointing. Was my whole reason for wanting this kit. Though its still better than what I had
Seems interesting that camber plates wouldn't come with any suspension kit that would definitely effect the camber - even as an extra cost option. I mean really, with variable height adjustment will come variable camber change. That's just the nature of the strut type beast. At any rate, I'll be waiting to read about how the test fit set works out. Fortunately negative camber doesn't wear out tires as quickly as bad toe adjustment. But they still wear faster than normal.
Karl
I just received a $500 charge towards the suspension. The only doubt I have is the charge is listed as Urban Import although when I search for Urban Import I get a site that sales the D2 kits. I was under the impression we were dealing directly with D2 racing. so basically I'm just looking for others to confirm that they too have gotten a $500 charge from Urban Import or if this is something that I'll need to investigate.
Originally posted by dbl0TOUR:
I just received a $500 charge towards the suspension. The only doubt I have is the charge is listed as Urban Import although when I search for Urban Import I get a site that sales the D2 kits. I was under the impression we were dealing directly with D2 racing. so basically I'm just looking for others to confirm that they too have gotten a $500 charge from Urban Import or if this is something that I'll need to investigate.

well reguardless, that means progress!
hmmm, I havent been charged yet?
Originally posted by bensenvill:
hmmm, I havent been charged yet?

When I called on Wednesday, mine went through that day. It caused some embarassment on my part later that night when I couldn't use my debit card as I was over the daily limit.
Hmm, did anyone call D2 and opt out if they weren't going to supply camber plates? I didn't specify when I called that I would only go through with the purchase if camber plates were included. Or does everyone think this isn't a big enough issue to be a deal breaker?
Karl
I was wanting coilovers anyway so the lack of camber plates wasn't a deal breaker for me.
did anyone ever get a set?
not yet.... something to do with the chinese new year and the plant shutting down for 2 weeks. but that was a while ago and that was the last update I heard
I just noticed two $500 charges to my Masterblaster card from Urban Imports so maybe something is happening finally?
Karl
No charge here but they are supposed to call me first.
supposidely we are suppose to get an update tomorrow from them. [bigballox gave them a call].
Posted By: weargle Re: D2 Racing Coilover - 02/21/06 11:36 PM
I bought a set of 13x8 Rota RBs from them since a) they were available and b) they were local.

Seem like good guys, and their place is right across the street from the Durham FedEx place.
supposidely we are suppose to get an update tomorrow from them. [bigballox gave them a call].

Any news to report??
Karl
appearently not. I never got word back from him other than Micheal from D2 said he would post here.

anyone wanna give another call?

I dont mind waiting... provided I know what date I am waiting for.
I will be calling at 11AM on wednesday I will post as soon as I get off the phone.

I feel responsible for everyone waiting so long since my silver tongue got us all into this. Hopefully this all works well and we all get great kick@$$ kits.
Called, but michael is not in this morning, I have a pretty small window to call since I'm in hawaii and they are in NC; they close before I get off work...maybe tommorrow.
Actually, since their business caters to left coasters, their hours reflect that. Think of them as on California time.
Called today, I guess the factory is kind of backed up so at least two more weeks.
2 week bump
If I had the last $500 right now, I'd call them myself but I don't want to ruin a good thing for me at the moment. And by that I mean I took that money and invested it in my business for the time being.
ya I hear ya on that...
BBOX [neco] gave them a call again last week, his response was another 2-3 weeks.
My patience is not going to last long if we are going to be getting the perpetual 2 week treatment.
I agree. I could use that $1500 on something else!
Karl
the kit is 1000 no 1500... and yes they are still waiting for production.
Hmm. Didn't they want $500 down when we ordered over the phone? Maybe I'm dreaming of something else. I'll have to look at my MC bill again.
Karl
There was a $500 deposit before production started, and then the other $500 is to be paid at delivery.
Okay. I reported earlier that I noticed two $500 charges on my MC towards the end of February so as long as I didn't get charged when I ordered last year, I should be okay. I won't know until I get home and check my billing statements though.
Karl
They took my info when I called, but the deposit wasn't charged until earlier this year (over a month after I called).
well he did say we wouldnt be charged until production started.... which was supposidly mid january
bump, one of the neco guys gave him a call yesterday.

_supposidly_ they are going to be completed by the end of the week, and he would get back to us with a firm shipping date [and if I understood this correctly they were made in china or there abouts so this isnt exactly going to be overnight shipping]
Woohoo! I better order my camber plates!
Karl
I spoke with Mike yesterday as well. Here's what I got out of him. They are nearing completion after having a snag in produstion. Something wasn't quite up to D2's standards so they had to be corrected. Products should ship this week from the factory. This will require 2 - 3 weeks, IIRC and should be at our doorstep within a week or so after arrival.

Now let's all pray that we do not have the same shipping errors from the red as we did with the CF hoods.
I'm just hoping there isnt any more delays
Product is made in Taiwan not mainland china...so shipping isn't as big of a hassle as it could be.
Product is made in Taiwan not mainland china...so shipping isn't as big of a hassle as it could be.

which is now part of china

which is now part of china

Naw, you're thinking of Hong Kong. Taiwan is free China not red.
Karl
yet another sad display of my world knowledge.
yet another sad display of my world knowledge.

This get you all caught up: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/asia/china/china-taiwan.html
so....
hows the weather?
been raining outside but it's sunny inside
eh, I guess I can wait some more. I wouldn't be putting these struts on until my 100K mile "service" anyway. So I've got a little over 5K miles to go for that.
Karl
My hunch is that your going to be waiting another month or so, as the shipment has just left Taiwan, if even left at all.
ya my patience has grown to nill on this one. does someone wanna give him a call and cut through this [censored].
Been there done that, actualy about to do that again. They have been feeding me lies for some time now, and I have had enough.
I've got patience.
I guess your car doesnt need to be rollable by spring zing then....
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/11/06 08:39 PM
Everyone should be getting a call soon from D2 to confirm billing and shipping and everyone should have kits in hand by months end. I will have mine a bit sooner so I can give everyone a heads up and pictoral walk through of everything they do and do not include for install.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/11/06 08:57 PM
good to hear it. Thanks
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/18/06 03:33 PM
Has anyone gotten their call yet?
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/19/06 09:35 PM
LivinSVT has already received his. Mine should be here very soon.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/21/06 12:22 AM
...and by very soon I meant yesterday. They showed up about an hour after my last post.
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/22/06 03:16 PM
...and by very soon I meant yesterday. They showed up about an hour after my last post.

Well when the [censored] are the rest of us getting ours? Mind you, I'm not mad at you for getting yours. I'm just pissed because there has been ZERO communication between myself and D2 and I WANT MY GODDAMN COIL OVERS!
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/22/06 04:02 PM
You can pay big money like I did to have it 3-day air mailed, so I can make it to SZ only to have a halfshaft failure , and no replacement around.

Your going to have to call Mike H. and pester him. Though he is pretty much useless. Don't beleive they have been shipped until he can give you a tracking number.
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/22/06 04:22 PM
You can pay big money like I did to have it 3-day air mailed, so I can make it to SZ only to have a halfshaft failure , and no replacement around.

Your going to have to call Mike H. and pester him. Though he is pretty much useless. Don't beleive they have been shipped until he can give you a tracking number.

As far as I'm concerned, these [censored] should be paying for the three-day shipping themselves.

Thank you for the heads up, I'll be calling them later today.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/22/06 05:30 PM
Originally posted by BigBalledOX:

As far as I'm concerned, these [censored] should be paying for the three-day shipping themselves.

why dont you just make your own. hey, maybe you could sell a few sets
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/22/06 05:34 PM
Originally posted by svtFarrrrrstv:

why dont you just make your own. hey, maybe you could sell a few sets

Kthx.

Anyways, for those of us still waiting, I contacted D2 today and was told Michel was out of the country. I was given this email address with which to contact him with:

michel@urbanimport.com

I sent him an email, I'd highly suggest everyone still waiting on these doing the same thing.
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/25/06 08:20 PM
Everyone should be getting a call soon from D2 to confirm billing and shipping and everyone should have kits in hand by months end. I will have mine a bit sooner so I can give everyone a heads up and pictoral walk through of everything they do and do not include for install.

Hey, do you have an email or anything like that were they state everyone will have coil overs by the end of the month?

I just called today and got some [censored] "I don't recall promising to anyone we'd have them by the end of the month" line, along with another "two to three weeks, plus a week for customs, then we can ship them out" line.

I'm not, for a second, calling you a liar. You have infinitely more credibility with me right now than this clown ever will. I'm just wondering if you had something in writing to shove in his face.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/25/06 08:34 PM
anger.... growing....
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/25/06 09:05 PM

Hey, do you have an email or anything like that were they state everyone will have coil overs by the end of the month?

I just called today and got some [censored] "I don't recall promising to anyone we'd have them by the end of the month" line, along with another "two to three weeks, plus a week for customs, then we can ship them out" line.

I'm not, for a second, calling you a liar. You have infinitely more credibility with me right now than this clown ever will. I'm just wondering if you had something in writing to shove in his face.

Unfortunately I don't have any emails, I just call them. I was told I would get mine shortly, and I did. I was also told everyone else would get thiers a couple of weeks after me. I received mine last week...add two weeks and you have the end of the month...maybe I should stop trying to apply logic to this guy and make him give me hard dates for shipment to people.

Could I get the names of everyone who is paid in full and hasn't received their set.
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/25/06 09:48 PM
I haven't paid "in full" for the simple reason they have not billed me the second $500. They have my information, and I would be more than happy to give it to them again if it will get the coil overs to us any quicker, though I doubt it.

I'm not in the least bit angry with you ohsigmachi . . . all you were trying to do was hook us up with something nice. I don't blame you at all for applying logic as you so aptly put it, and taking it to mean that we would get our coil overs by the end of May based on what dude said. You're obviously a completely honest and upfront person who doesn't pick and choose his words carefully so he can never be "pinned down" based on what he said, if you understand what I'm getting at.

For me, this is frustrating but not a major deal. My car won't fully "debut" until next year. I do want to get these installed as I have several people interested in my struts and springs currently, but those can wait.

However, it was my understanding that some of the AutoX enthusiasts were wanting the coil overs for the season, and I know of at least one Cougar owner who is planning on freshening his entire front suspension when he installs the D2's because his components are reaching the end of their life span. If I were in either of the two categories I mentioned above, I would be enraged right now.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/25/06 10:12 PM
My name is Terrence Breitsameter and I have been on the order list since november... and I am an alcoholic
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/26/06 01:18 AM
My name is Thomas Sonza-Novera and I to have been on the order list since Nov, but I am not an alcoholic. I've only got the deposit down so far.
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/27/06 04:14 PM
Karl Severson. Paid in full.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/28/06 08:09 AM
3 people? I really would like to see this come to an end. So post up your status (paid in full/half paid). So I can call on tuesday and get everything worked out.

I am halfway doing an install of
D2s +solid tranny mounts + front control arms with weld in plates.

I'm taking pictures and will post when done.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/28/06 03:37 PM
I atill haven't been charged for the last $500.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/30/06 02:27 PM
paid half january 16th
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 05/31/06 06:30 AM
Ryan "BBOX" Tennant, paid half, in January.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/09/06 01:56 PM
so....
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/09/06 03:03 PM
its raining outside
Posted By: dbl0TOUR Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/09/06 04:46 PM
paid half in Nov '05
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/10/06 02:45 AM
Unfortunately I don't have any emails, I just call them. I was told I would get mine shortly, and I did. I was also told everyone else would get thiers a couple of weeks after me. I received mine last week...add two weeks and you have the end of the month...maybe I should stop trying to apply logic to this guy and make him give me hard dates for shipment to people.

Could I get the names of everyone who is paid in full and hasn't received their set.

So I guess if we don't call them, they won't think we are in any hurry to get the kits? Has anyone else received their stuff? I'd imagine they'd be shipping in the order that they received the orders since they credited our accounts at their leisure. Or maybe not.
Karl
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/10/06 06:44 AM
I am really beginning to despise group buys. Oh wait, but I have one going on myself.

Wait, I've thought about it, yep, I still despise them.
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/12/06 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 88SVT:

So I guess if we don't call them, they won't think we are in any hurry to get the kits? Has anyone else received their stuff? I'd imagine they'd be shipping in the order that they received the orders since they credited our accounts at their leisure. Or maybe not.
Karl

The way I understood it, they were all on the slow boat from China and would all be shipped out simultaneously once they cleared customs and all that other crap.

Of course, this is coming directly from Michel Hinderliter, so who knows if its true or accurate or anything.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/14/06 07:52 PM
3 people? I really would like to see this come to an end. So post up your status (paid in full/half paid). So I can call on tuesday and get everything worked out.

I am halfway doing an install of
D2s +solid tranny mounts + front control arms with weld in plates.

I'm taking pictures and will post when done.

hey why dont you post a photo or 2 now... I'm still doubting that these things really exist.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/14/06 08:47 PM
I just got off the phone with Mike. He said that they have shipped and are on a voyage across the ocean. Still expecting delivery in a few weeks.
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/16/06 01:12 AM
Originally posted by 69Boss302:
I just got off the phone with Mike. He said that they have shipped and are on a voyage across the ocean. Still expecting delivery in a few weeks.

Thats the same mealy-mouthed [censored] answer I got THREE [censored] WEEKS AGO.

I called the the week before Memorial Day and this is what I was told. I swear to christ this has gotten beyond old.
Posted By: j99coug Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/16/06 03:29 AM
I cannot believe this is still going on. . .
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/25/06 01:27 PM
I am pulling out as of Monday and requesting I be refunded the $500 paid so far. I'm not going to support this company any longer.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/25/06 06:29 PM
When you see how high the quality is on these parts you'll kick yourself. The parts are made, and I doubt you'll get your non-fundable deposit since they did make the parts you told them you wanted. Shipping via boat is SLOW (especially from Asia), but its also cheap. The drop is perfect, the ride is way better that I thought it would be (since I got th stiffest springs that any sane person who autocrosses would order), and the install is no different than any other coilover.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/26/06 04:30 PM
posting a photo would really build moral
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/27/06 02:59 AM
No, seeing something show up at my doorstep would build morale. The company will get a 1 week reprieve and that is all. I really do hop that I will not be wrong for waiting more and more.
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/27/06 03:48 AM
Originally posted by 69Boss302:
No, seeing something show up at my doorstep would build morale. The company will get a 1 week reprieve and that is all. I really do hop that I will not be wrong for waiting more and more.

I'm with you man. This is utter [censored].
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/27/06 10:58 AM
On their website they show a "D2F18" part number for the Ford Contour at $1416.67. Are these RS Coilovers the same as that purchased through the group buy? D2 RS Coilovers
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/27/06 03:47 PM
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
On their website they show a "D2F18" part number for the Ford Contour at $1416.67. Are these RS Coilovers the same as that purchased through the group buy? D2 RS Coilovers

yes these are the RS style, except with no camber plates. And we got the for $1000 shipped.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/27/06 03:53 PM
My car is being shipped from Hawaii to Texas right now, so by th time I get photos you'll have installed your own set.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with shipping across the pacific let me enlighten you with a few facts.

1st, its damn big, crossing the thing just from Hawaii takes weeks and the coilovers are coming from Taiwan (doubling the distance).

2nd, Dock off loads can last up to two weeks if there is any kind of paperwork screwup with customs (which there almost always is since the boats carry shipments from multiple entities).

3rd, the boxes will the move via freight truck, not air, which will add on a few more days.
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/30/06 01:04 AM
I admit that my knowledge of trans-Pacific shipping is limited.

HOWEVER, this is my point . . . every SINGLE time I've called I've been told "a couple more weeks, two more weeks, you'll have these before July", whatever. There's not a snowball's chance in hell we're going to have these before July.

I just can't stand the salad tossing any more. Promises have been made and broken repeatedly. Its just old.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 06/30/06 02:16 PM
I make no defense of Hinderliter, or people like him, however he does sell a very good product.
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/09/06 10:55 PM
Ten days bump.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/13/06 09:52 PM
I just spoke with Mike and he says they are in customs awaiting clearance. They've been in customs fro about a week now and he's hoping that they will be to him next week.

Once he gets them he'll be calling us to verify shipping and finalize CC information.

Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/15/06 02:33 PM
Yeah . . . well, call me pessimistic, but I'll believe that when I see it.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/18/06 09:50 PM
It seems as if the impossible is going to soon happen. D2 called today to verify CC information. The kits should be leaving the wharehouse this week after the charges go through on the CC's.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/18/06 10:31 PM
well I noticed I got charged... but did not get called. its been so long, I cant even remember if I have the same phone number anymore.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/19/06 03:29 PM
I know it's been a loooong wait, but you guys will love these once you get them. Just wait until you get to spend countless hours tweaking ride height and suspension stiffness...they really are nice.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/19/06 08:06 PM
Sounds like when I play forza... I spend more time tweaking suspension then racing
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/21/06 10:27 PM
Apparently the coilovers have yet to make it to D2's wharehouse as of today.
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/22/06 10:22 PM
And they charged my card the wrong amount, by $50 too much.
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/25/06 04:13 PM
I just spoke to Michael and mine shipped out last Friday by UPS Ground.
Karl
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/25/06 06:37 PM
did he bother to give you a tracking number?
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/25/06 06:39 PM
mine is here. check out the strip tease in the pics section
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/25/06 07:38 PM
did he bother to give you a tracking number?

Nah, but it's probably already at my house or it will get there tomorrow.
Karl
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/26/06 08:22 PM
well it looks like everyones coilovers are arriving [either yesterday or today].

I got impatient knowing where mine were so I gave good ol micheal a call.

turns out he never shipped mine.
["gee thats wierd, your payed in full, dunno what happened"]

so if yours havent arrived today, you may want to give him a call to find out if he actually shipped yours out
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/27/06 03:27 PM
Mine supposedly shipped Tues, so I hope to see them tomorrow. If they aren't here on Mon, he's getting another call.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/27/06 03:28 PM
well mine are officially in transit, and will have them by tomorrow [friday], woot.
Posted By: sonza68_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/28/06 03:59 AM
They're here, and they're sexy. I might just have to have my way with them.
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/28/06 01:17 PM
Persistence actually paid off for this group buy. Congratulations! These things look very well made.

Iâ??m watching the classified!

These took such a long time to ship, Iâ??m hoping someone has maybe sold their car, or went with a different suspension kit. Or maybe just looking for some reward for their persistence!

D2 Racing takes 9 MONTHS to â??deliverâ? a suspension kit.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/28/06 03:46 PM
Anyone who has them care to post pictures?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: D2 Racing Coilover...Shipping - 07/28/06 04:05 PM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Anyone who has them care to post pictures?

There ya go
Link
© CEG Archives