Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Okay I wanted to update/reveiw the information but bottom line this Pre 98 splitter will also work for Post 98 SE models

Pre 98 owners I contacted Albert Mirko and ask if he would consider making a front splitter for Pre 98 contour. He say he has thought about it but we need at least 30 people before he would consider making this happen. The price would be $200-$250 range with a $70.00 shipping fee. I am waiting for and answer from Mirko for a price with shipping included. I will update as soon as I receive the price. If anyone is interested please post.

Mirko Racing has replied back. Heres a copy of the email I got:
Yes, send them to the site to see the SVT splitter, it should be similar. We can't go down on the price, we have to make a mold from scratch for this project and the boxes we ship the splitters in cost $17 each, the shipping runs about $57 to continental USA...

We haven't made any other body mods for SVT but may consider it if you can get orders for that too. So if we get orders for the splitters, ask them if they'd be interested in sideskirts and rear too...we'll decide from there...

thanks, albert mirko
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1396/mirko28ec.jpg picture of the splitter
http://www.mirkoracing.com/ splitter can also be seen on the website

Pre 98 people it is time to step up we're always asking is anything going to be made for us. Well here it is our time. If we can get this off the ground he will consider making side skirts and rears. We can make history. I still have a few emails that Mr.Mirko has not answered. I will update as soon as I receive more info. Remember we need 30 people that want the splitter and please put if your interested in side skirts and rear. I will be the first to step up.

Hello To all my Contour family. As you can see I can't let this splitter go. I contacted Mr. Mirko and I asked him was it possible for this splitter to work for post 98. He said YES it will work for the SE model as well. So maybe we can get this off the ground after all. I will ask this it has been a few people that have asked me some tough question. Question that I can not answer about the splitter. If you look back into the GB you will see Mr. Mirko states it will look very similar too the SVT splitter. I would ask any question about the splitter please email Mr. Mirko @ mirkocar@garlic.com Now Post 98 we need your help. Come On lets make this happen.

Thank You
Con-man

Current list of who's in
1. Con-man(splitter)
2. 95tour (splitter)
3. Supertouringmike(2 splitters)
4. TwoToneTour(splitter)
5. abwamo (splitter)

im up for side skirts.
Con Man

How much actual $ does he want to make this happen? $5000....

He said previously he could make carbonfiber splitters as well, is that offer still good and if so how much.
I hate to be pessimistic,but I still don't think we're gonna get 30 people,and if we do,it'll take a long time. However,it's a relatively cheap mod,and it means not having to buy an expensive bodykit,installing the kit and painting the whole kit,which is more of a PITA than installing a splitter.

Personally,I love the idea of a non-SVT splitter,because other than some really gaudy looking aftermarket bodykits,there isn't really anything we can do to make our cars look more aggressive while still keeping the original body style. I think the splitter will add just that extra hint of aggrsssiveness while still keeping the car stock looking,which is the point with my exterior mods. Modify it,but make it look like it came like that stock,not "look a contour with a kit!" but rather "there's something different about that Contour...it's not an SVT...and it's...not stock looking...wtf!?" lol

Anyways,even if we can't get this thing off the ground with 30 people,if we have a little less,right now I am willing to pay a bit more of a premium,up to $500 to get it going. I think it's a worthwhile mod for both us pre and post98 guys,so hopefully a bunch of us will go for it.
supertouringmike,
The price would be $200-$250 range with a $70.00 shipping. Mr. Mirko can't pin point a price right now it all depends on how many people we get.
I was thinking(INSANELY ) of fronting for the whole GB caus' I am so desparate to have a good splitter on my 96GL.????????? That is why I asked about the Total $$ needed, you know for all 30!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend in the boat building business, maybe I'll end up having my own made! (Maybe Carbonfiber!)
Originally posted by supertouringmike:
I was thinking(INSANELY ) of fronting for the whole GB caus' I am so desparate to have a good splitter on my 96GL.????????? That is why I asked about the Total $$ needed, you know for all 30!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend in the boat building business, maybe I'll end up having my own made! (Maybe Carbonfiber!)

shut up and drive your porsche!
I'd be in for a splitter and depending on how much cash i have, maybe skirts and a rear too. All depends on timeframes. If this doesn't get off the ground before the beginning of next spring, then i won't be in.
Goonz SVT

I hardly drive the 996,trying to make it last till it's paid for(4/09). Only put 4500 mi since i got it 4/04!

And BTW "don't be Hatin'" and we're trying to get us some pre-98 splitters here, Right....................
i need to checkout how much molding my SVT to my Pre-98 is gonna be, if it costs to much ill be in for this. Sounds like a badass mod.
Supertouringmike I just emailed Mr.Mirko and ask him a few more questions. One of the questions I asked would he be willing to make this splitter for a few guys that really want to make this happen and how much would he charge us. Once I get his answer I will email you........
someone Pshop a Mirko onto the SE bodykit.
Originally posted by supertouringmike:
Goonz SVT

I hardly drive the 996,trying to make it last till it's paid for(4/09). Only put 4500 mi since i got it 4/04!

And BTW "don't be Hatin'" and we're trying to get us some pre-98 splitters here, Right....................

its all love here buddy
Supertouringmike,
Mr.Mirko has emailed me back on one of the question I asked. He will not make a carbon Fiber splitter. The Splitter will be made of fiberglass. I do have some good news though another person to add to the list:

Current list of who's in
1. Con-man(splitter)
2. 95tour (splitter)
4. TwoToneTour(splitter)
5. abwamo (splitter)
6. 99contourdriver

Thanks
Con-man

Current list of who's in
1. Con-man(splitter)
2. 95tour (splitter)
4. TwoToneTour(splitter)
5. abwamo (splitter)
6. 99contourdriver
7. darpinian (front,rear, side skirts if possible)

Originally posted by Tourige:

That would look really stupid, I can tell you that w/o seeing it.
Originally posted by Matt R:

That would look really stupid, I can tell you that w/o seeing it.

Forgive me if im wrong, But isnt that what this group buy is... a Mirko for the non-SVT bumper...
whoah... i just found this... im sure this would have to be a repost... because on a site like this, someone would've found this, right?

Hello Tour Family,
I've heard from Mr.Mirko again so let me update: He is looking for a donor Tour to take molds from. Mr. Mirko is located in Morgan Hill, California. So we would need a Tour from the Northern California area. This is another issue that we will need to work out. Any Non SVT Tour onwer in this area willing to participate in this project let me know.Remember who every steps up to provide their ride for this will make Contour history this has never been done before. Thank you to darpinian for stepping up

Thanks
Con_man
Hey thats wild, I picked my contour SVT up from morgan hill when i bought it 2 months ago. I would have no problem going down there but the problem is my bumper is trashed which is how I bought it. In my opinion, I feel that this project would be a much better idea if this same splitter was made to fit onto an Se bumper. There seems to be alot of SVT guys including myself who need a new bumper for the front. I would like an SVT original but even the Bill Jenkins discounted price of around $440 for the cover alone is a bit much. A New SE bumper can be shipped to your door for a tad over $100:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-00-FORD-CONTOUR-W-O-SVT-FRONT-BUMPER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33640QQitemZ8008478286QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

What is we made a splitter or something that resembles the SVT bumper somewhat that can be placed onto the SE bumper that will end up being less than the total cost of a SVT bumper? See what i mean? I dont know if this has been discussed before but its just a thought. All of the kits available for this car are not very tasteful and I need a bumper, my last resort would be to get the one from Bill but thats an awful lot of money, just looking for alternatives
Tabari,
That is the type of splitter we're trying to get made one that fits the Pre 98/Post 98 SE front bumper.

Thanks
Con-man
WOW i cant believe how badly i misread that. I hope it works out because I think an se bumper with the splitter would make a nice replacement for the Contour SVT bumper. Please keep us posted.
My SE has like a Minihang underneith the stock bumper with 2 rectangular cuts out of it, is this where the Mirko would bolt onto?
Tourige,
You�re right there you keep asking question I think you want this you want in. If you could please email Mr. Mirko and ask him any question that you may have about his product. I'm not in a position to answer that question. I do not want to misrepresent his product.

Thanks
Con-man
Here is is website http://www.mirkoracing.com/
email: mirkocar@garlic.com
haha yea, im just trying to get as much info as i can about what i want to do to my car, im poor so a decision like this is important
Tour Family,
I'm looking for suggestions. Mr. Mirko needs a front bumper to makes the molds for the splitter. I thought I had a donor tour in that area but that fell threw. Getting the molds from a bumper on a Contour is going to be very difficult because he would need to keep the car for around a week. Does anyone have a extra bumper that they will donate? Or do we need to get together and buy one off ebay. The one on ebay is around $84.00 that price includes shipping. Let me know. Mr. Mirko has agree to drop the number of buyers needed from 30 buyers to 10-15 buyers. We can make this happen we're right there. We have 8 right now

Current list of who's in
1. Con-man(splitter)
2. 95tour (splitter)
4. TwoToneTour(splitter)
5. abwamo (splitter)
6. 99contourdriver(splitter)

Thanks
Con-man
Tour Folks,
Mr. Mirko needs a front bumper to make the molds. I'm looking for suggestions to make this happen. I went on Car-Part.com looking for a bumper very expensive for a used bumper. The cheapest one so far was on Ebay.I'm considering buying the bumper myself but the people that are requesting this splitter has got to be serious about it. We also need at least two more people that want the splitter. I still believe we can do this.

Thanks
Con-man

Originally posted by guitarman19853:
whoah... i just found this... im sure this would have to be a repost... because on a site like this, someone would've found this, right?

I am serious if the splitter DOESN'T look like that (hang down off the bottom side of the bumper that far). This car is my daily driver and i dont want something to plow the Wisconsin snow with in winter.
Shouldent the Splitter look like the exsisting Mirko, just shaped a little differently?
Where does this bumper need to go? i might be able to get one for nothing. I have cont to one.
Shouldent the Splitter look like the exsisting Mirko, just shaped a little differently?

In fact, if it is to sell for the price charged, Mr. Mirko might want to consider "slight" aesthetic changes. My concept below is inaccurate, but good enough for my point. I'd love to see a splitter similar to this:

I'd be in as long as I know it can be secured properly and that it is in some way Tastefully different from the SVT Splitter. *On a side note, I understand the upper most part of my idea doesn't flow with a pre98 front bumper; I made this quickly.

*Another edit: Here's a quick composition of it on my ride..

That would look friggen sweet if the sides of the mirko flared the bodylines out a bit (made it more aggressive). You should send that to the Mirko guys as what we wantish.
Tour Family,
I just sent the pictures to Mr.Mirko. I will update as soon as I get and answer. Finally some feedback in all this. I still need some suggestion on the front bumper that Mr. Mirko needs to make a mold to create the splitter. Can I get some feedback on this?

Thanks
Con-man
Theres your suggestion on the bumper
Originally posted by 95tour:
Where does this bumper need to go? i might be able to get one for nothing. I have cont to one.

And if the splitter looks like the one in the pic above...that would be awesome and i would def. be in! That wouldn't hang down too far and would be a big improvement to the aggressive look of the car.

if it looks anything like this i am sooo in.

I just flared out the sides of the mirko to fill in the gaps. imo
Haha yeah, I didnt have time to blend it properly but it's still a design I'd buy (the flared out front edge)
I am so in do you need a bumper still? you have not told me yet.
Another representation. The angle makes it look lower than it really is, judge by where it meets the wheel well. It is the same height as my first pic..

I publicly beg Mr Mirko to make this for us

Hello everyone,
I wrote Mr. Mirko and sent the pictures of the splitters. This is what he wrote: We can make a nice splitter that'll be similar style to the SVT one, whatever you want. But it'll be fiberglass, not polyurethane like the other pic you sent us, because to manufacture polyurethane the mold is very expensive and we'd need 100's of orders for that type expense.

I won't need a donor car until we decide how you want it. Would you send me the link to the ebay bumper for $84 so I can look at that one too? Thanks, Albert Mirko.

Okay guys you know we won't get 100's of orders we're having a hard time getting 10-15. So lets work with we got. As stated earlier this splitter will look very similar to the SVT splitter. I am going to send him the link to the bumper on ebay. We still need a front bumper. Give me some feed back where we go from here. I will update you guy's when I receive new information. If you would like to see the SVT splitter click on the link below

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1396/mirko28ec.jpg

Link to the bumper on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-00-FORD-CONTOUR-W-O-SVT-FRONT-BUMPER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33640QQitemZ8012381316QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thanks
Con-man

I like the one Pre-98 photoshopped but mine with the flared part so there isnt a gap bewteen the splitter and the bumper. Also, i would like it if the mirko was all paint, no rubber, no nothing (ie. like a normal Mirko)
The only reason mine had a bit of space there was because I didnt feel like finishing it

The black part I just desided to go wth for uniqueness, I suppose that's more of a choice when you paint it
oh, i thought you were trying to make a rubber/platic piece ala MACH 1.
No but I see what you're sayin.
Hello everyone, i posted earlier and told you that i may have a bumper for free save you $84 just need to know if i get it back or not and were does it need to go? please let me know con-man Thanks.
Ok, im in finnally, selling my SVT front bumper and goiong with this. 5 more to go

Current list of who's in
1. Con-man(splitter)
2. 95tour (splitter)
4. TwoToneTour(splitter)
5. abwamo (splitter)
6. 99contourdriver(splitter)
8. Tourige (Splitter and Side Skirts if possible)
I don't know. I'm still not in. I feel it won't look right for the price.

Still no updates eh?

~Just tryin to keep the thread alive.
yea, im sorta leaning away from doing anything right now, im sure it will look good, But the price is friggen retarted, it makes no sense.
yea, im sorta leaning away from doing anything right now, im sure it will look good, But the price is friggen retarted, it makes no sense.

I agree with that. The looks will be improved, but this car is my daily driver and i don't want to spend a massive amount of money on mods. It's almost paid off and then i will be investing my money in finishing the small amount of mods i want to do to this thing and then investing in a summer fun toy (Mustang Cobra??)
Originally posted by 99contourdriver:

I agree with that. The looks will be improved, but this car is my daily driver and i don't want to spend a massive amount of money on mods. It's almost paid off and then i will be investing my money in finishing the small amount of mods i want to do to this thing and then investing in a summer fun toy (Mustang Cobra??)

Haha, same with me (getting a Terminator in 1-2 years) But yea, If the price came down to 150-200 then it would be good.
con-man whats going on? eney new news yet, i have that bumper for you just let me know when you want it.
Tour Family,
How are you I know it has been awhile but I was waiting for Mr. Mirko to answer some questions about the bumper. Okay he's ready for the bumper to make the mold. I am going to talk with 95Tour and see if he will ship the bumper to Mr. Mirko.95Tour has stepped up and voluteered to provide the bumper lets help him with the cost of shipping. Once 95Tour gets the price I'll post it and I would ask for a donation from all involved to help pay for the shipping. So thats where we are now.We still need a few more people next step production is everyone still in? I am going to contact 95Tour right now.

Thanks
Con-man
Do we have a price guesstimate? If it's below 200 i'm in, if not, i'm outie.
Do we have a price guesstimate? If it's below 200 i'm in, if not, i'm outie.

What is the price and when does it need to be sent?
Hello everyone I talked to Mr.Mirko and the price range is still $200-$250 plus $70.00 for shipping. 95 Tour is ready to send the bumper I told him to hold on because I don't want to waste anyone�s time or money. I would like to create the list one more time to confirm whose still in for the splitter. Here we Go we need 10-15 people:
1.Con-Man

Once confirmation is complete we will see if we need to move forward. Thanks
Con-man
I'm still in for 2 splitters (one for on and one for replacement when I break the first one )

So I guess you can count me as 2 people?

ViVa Le pre98 Splitter, Oui!
1.Con-Man
2.supertouringmike
3.supertouringmike
4.abwamo

what would be the shipping for 2 splitters? i'd imagine they should be able to fit 2 in one box, and that it would not be a whole lot more weight.
Tour Family,
I have and update from Mr. Mirko. If we could get 10-15 serious people that wants the splitter He would buy the bumper off ebay for the mold so we wouldn't need to use 95Tour bumper. Come on guy's we can do this. We need at least 6 more.

Thanks
Con-Man
unforunatly im out, Just got my hands on an SVT. Sounds like a great idea guys, hopefully some of you can pull it off
I'm still 100% behind this. Add my name to the list.

I like my pre98 bumper,and I don't want an SVT because it's too expensive and there are no decent looking bodykits. Splitter is the perfect medium.
How much is that bumper going to be on ebay and will it effect the cost? the bumper i have did not cost anything it was on a car that is going to be used in a demolition derby next summer. And it does not matter if it has one on it, and it did not come off my car, and its free!!!!! save him some mony and he can keep it. The bumper is ready to be ship, it is in good shape so thats a plus and iam still in 100% for one THANKS.
I'm out. I will be picking up an SVT to compliment my SE on monday and won't need a splitter on my SE. Thanks anyways guys. I wish you guys the best of luck in this GB
1.Con-Man
2.supertouringmike
3.supertouringmike
4.abwamo
5.TwoTwinTours
6.95tour

Okay guy's we want to do this bumper the most cost effective way. Yes 95tour does have a bumper but I want to make sure the shipping cost of that bumper will not be too expensive. So we can decide once 95tour finds out the shipping price. If the shipping of 95tour's bumper cost more then the one off ebay I think we should let Mr. Mirko buy the bumper. Let me know what you guy's think. We still need at least 4 more people.

Thanks
Con-man
How much was that bumper on ebay? i will find out shiping cost monday and let you guys now.
you didn't answer the question about shipping, if its $70 for 2 splitters. i might buy 2 if we are at 9 and needed one more to get the GB going.
Originally posted by abwamo:
you didn't answer the question about shipping, if its $70 for 2 splitters. i might buy 2 if we are at 9 and needed one more to get the GB going.

abwamo I asked Mr. Mirko your question about shipping two splitters. Heres what he wrote: Hi, we can't control the shipping rates, that's UPS. each box is labeled individually and we pay about $20 for each box they get shipped in, because they are so big, the boxes are specially made. We'll get him the lowest rate possible though, it's usually $50 via UPS to anywhere in USA and we charge $20 for the box because that's what we pay for it... I hope this helps Thanks

Con-Man
tell him to put 2 in one bigger box..
Lets get this thing going, you guys i think it looks sweet on our cars we need more people.
Tour Family,
We need a few more people to make this happen come on lets get this done. I agree with 95 this is going to look awesome.

Thanks
Con-man
This could be a great thing guys. just think, If you have SVT sides and rears and want to save the trouble of molding a front, you can just slap a splitter on there to even it out. I would even consider one for my svt if it looks good enough. non SVT bumpers are a dime a dozen so it would be worth the extra money for the splitter/ridiculous shipping cost.
Heres an idea. Go through the memberships on this site for Pre-98 tours. and send them all Pm's about the Splitter, send them a pic of what it would look like. Im sure you will get some responses as not all people look in the GB forums
Hello everyone i say lets GIT-R-DONE. this will be sweet.
All the photoshops are gone. can someone make a new one? There should be a view from the side.
Tourgasm,
Can I add you to the list? Come on guy's we need a few more people. I haven't emailed Mr Mirko I'm waiting to get the list completed.

Thanks Con-man
No. Not unless I get an SE bumper on my car for winter. I don't even know if one would fit cause of the larger radiator and all. Anyone know anything about this?
Originally posted by Tourgasm:
No. Not unless I get an SE bumper on my car for winter. I don't even know if one would fit cause of the larger radiator and all. Anyone know anything about this?

It will fit...
I might be interested if I could see some pictures...
Originally posted by '99 Contour SE:
I might be interested if I could see some pictures...

99 The splitter will look very much like the splitter made for the SVT

Here it is: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1396/mirko28ec.jpg

Thanks
Con-man
I know what the svt looks like i want to see one or at least a ralisic photoshop of one before i put this money down ya know?
I had a convincing chop but have since deleted it. I'll see if I still have it on the computer somewhere.
Originally posted by '99 Contour SE:
I know what the svt looks like i want to see one or at least a ralisic photoshop of one before i put this money down ya know?

x2
This Thread:

I have pre98 replacement plans in the works so I won't be needing a pre-98 splitter

I don't think this thread is going to go anywhere anymore..
Damn shame. I might like the look of a mirko on a non svt better than on an SVT. Something about the mirko on an svt that is unatractive to me.
All the people asking for a Photoshop should read the WHOLE THREAD, as ive already done a Pshop and so has Pre-98(i think)
All the people asking for a Photoshop should read the WHOLE THREAD, as ive already done a Pshop and so has Pre-98(i think)

THEY don't show up anymore.

THEY don't show up anymore.

Ok, here you go, the only one i could find on my comp.
I like it. not the best view but I think it looks better than the SVT with mirko. A side shot would be nice.
PM Pre-98 im sure he has the others that were Pshopped
o.k. people lets get this thing moving i am ready it looks awsome. And were is CON-MAN at havent heard from him in awile? well see you all later got to go back to work .
o.k. people lets get this thing moving i am ready it looks awsome. And were is CON-MAN at havent heard from him in awile? well see you all later got to go back to work .

Hey Guy's
Con-man is still here. I don't see any other names to add to the list so I just haven't been saying much. I haven't contacted Mr.Mirko lately because I don't have any good news to tell him. It is really ashame that we can't step up and make this work I think it would look great.
Hey Contour Family,
Happy New year! I'm going to give this one more shot. I heard from Mr Mirko. He is wondering where we are with the orders I told him I really didn't have good news for him. Come on it's a new year lets do new things let's make this splitter happen for 2006 Thanks
Con-man

Is this list still good?
1.Con-Man
2.supertouringmike
3.supertouringmike
4.abwamo
5.TwoTwinTours
6.95tour
We just need 4 more
I agree one hundred percent lets roll with this, not to say anything bad about the ones who have the svt kit on there pre98 because they look hot with them on but i want a different look. There is to many out there now so when we post pic we all look alike.
I agree one hundred percent lets roll with this, not to say anything bad about the ones who have the svt kit on there pre98 because they look hot with them on but i want a different look. There is to many out there now so when we post pic we all look alike.

..i wont soon
Originally posted by Con-Man:
Hey Contour Family,
Is this list still good?
1.Con-Man
2.supertouringmike
3.supertouringmike
4.TwoTwinTours
5.95tour
We just need 4 more

sorry guys but i'm out
© CEG Archives